• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy The gods must be crazy OOC

Characters
Here
So I know you said you didn't have a pre-planned plot, but surely you have ideas for events to help drive the players towards a goal, right?

Delinquent Delinquent Can my character be something like a Magitek robot? More like a sentient android that has the power to wield magic and is powered by magic, if you get me. I'll link their appearance below.

Can my character be something like a Magitek robot? More like a sentient android that has the power to wield magic and is powered by magic, if you get me.
The robot thing might work. Hephaestus did craft some automatons so it's not too fetched for similar things to exist in this rp. So yeah, I'd approve it.

As for magic, that'd still have to be done via a contract.

What's the world like? I can't make a character without knowing what jobs there are, what the countries are, etc.
Going by the interest check thread, it looks like it's just various cultures dropped in next to each other so I guess it depends on where your character is from.

Delinquent Delinquent

Hey ho! Questions!

1. What is the general level of civilisation of the world? Something broader (steampunk, medieval fantasy, modern, etc) is fine, but if you can get into more details that will be great. I know it says it's a mish-mash on Interest Check, but it's a bit unclear.
2. Where will the RP take place? A specific city or something similar will be nice to stop RPers from spawning all over.
3. What is the general view on contracts? Is it widely known to public? Heretical power public is against? A well kept secret by government?
4. What is the limitation on power and contract? Does the sacrifice need to be on equal value with the power, or does it depend on the contract?
5. Still regarding power but more for us players, what is the limit on power? I mean, we can all play strongest contractor in the world that never lost a fight and have it a gun and bigger gun situation, but I want to hear your expectation on this :p

User User Neuro Vampire Neuro Vampire Table Table Probably George Probably George Gravitational Force Gravitational Force thefinalgirl thefinalgirl Zerohex Zerohex Ennuis Ennuis Gaius Danius Griinia Gaius Danius Griinia

Gonna make sure that everyone sees this because these things might be good to know.

1. What is the general level of civilisation of the world? Something broader (steampunk, medieval fantasy, modern, etc) is fine, but if you can get into more details that will be great. I know it says it's a mish-mash on Interest Check, but it's a bit unclear
Medieval fantasy. It's a bit hard to pinpoint the exact level of civilization because it's gonna end up varying from country to country, but medieval fantasy sums it pretty decently.

2. Where will the RP take place?
The idea is to have everyone start in the same city.

3. What is the general view on contracts?
It's publicly known. Some might view that making a contract with certain parties is heretical depending on their faith but nobody is entirely against it. So for example, a Christian might be against someone making a contract with someone like Lucifer or Beelzebub but wouldn't mind someone making a contract with an angel.

Contracts are also fairly common, but the vast majority only grants minor powers (you know, things like guaranteed good health and being able to grow better crops).

What is the limitation on power and contract? Does the sacrifice need to be on equal value with the power, or does it depend on the contract?
It depends on the contract.

Still regarding power but more for us players, what is the limit on power?
There's really no exact limit on power, as long as it's properly balanced and your character isn't the strongest in the world it's fine.

Also, I'm gonna do like Zerohex Zerohex suggested and confirm that each deity only really governs their given field for their own believers.

*Sees that angels and biblical figures can be contracted with*
Now where did I put the Gnostic Devil?
So dumb question, is Satanael supposed to be a devil from Christianity, Judaism or Gnosticism? Or someone else entirely?

I'm sorry to ask, but all I find when I google him is a character from Persona 5.

So dumb question, is Satanael supposed to be a devil from Christianity, Judaism or Gnosticism? Or someone else entirely?

I'm sorry to ask, but all I find when I google him is a character from Persona 5.
He’s just another version of the Devil
The Gnostic Devil
Persona 5 is exactly why I picked him

Delinquent Delinquent
All this does raise the question, do we have to pick an actually existing god/mythological creature or are we free to make our own? Because you've shot down "lovecraftian beings" which seem reasonably the type to grant followers powers through a pact, the only examples provided are "real" deities and now this with Satanael.

Delinquent Delinquent
Well that does throw a spanner on my plans, didn't think that'd be the case given the kind of fast and loose undefined setting we're playing with. Might take me a bit longer to get a character done.

So anyone else got any basic ideas for their character? I'd hate to start on mine and find out I'm stepping on someone's toes by doing something they wanted to do.

Delinquent Delinquent
Which city are we starting in anyway? Might be a good idea to let us know so we don't make anything that would cause problems.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back