Other The Gallery and AI-generated art

Vox Angelis

The Stargazer
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
My Interest Check
Hello all!

I'm a person who very much enjoys art. I've especially loved collecting pictures from all over the web, Sci-Fi and fantasy alike, for character ideas and such from a young age and onwards. I've actually gotten into even commissioning artwork of my characters after being introduced to this aspect of the art world when I was a couple years into a RP. Now, whenever I get the chance, I like to expose my OCs artworks.

Now I have a genuine question, out of curiosity. Is the gallery feature on RPN used often? Are the people here browsing artwork often over the Gallery?

Also, while I have a few characters with a fair amount of artwork done in the past, I sometimes like to revisit the designs, or I have ideas of characters popping into mind. As such, I use NovelAI to bring a few ideas to picture. Now I know it's still a rather heated subject due to the ethical nature of the machine learning. I want to know the general feeling of the people here towards AI-generated artwork before shooting this sort of stuff into the Gallery.

Now I have a genuine question, out of curiosity. Is the gallery feature on RPN used often? Are the people here browsing artwork often over the Gallery?

I can't speak for anyone else, but I don't really tend to browse gallery. I know plenty of art-oriented sites even if you exclude a plain ol' google search, but even then I rarely browse art just to browse.

What I use the gallery for is mainly to put edited images in that I need a link for for coding reasons.

I want to know the general feeling of the people here towards AI-generated artwork before shooting this sort of stuff into the Gallery.

I have a general preference for non-AI artwork, though I do not see an innate harm in it or its use. The proper stance is more complicated than that, but that's what it boils down to.

I don't see a ton of usage on the gallery, but I also don't use RPN as an art viewing site.

As for AI-art, I cannot look at AI-art without getting upset because AI art only able to be made through using human artists' works. Commonly uncreditted and without asking so. I see it as posting stolen artwork without credit.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back