• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fandom The Future Diary

Deus Ex Machina CXV

The God of Causality
Do you wonder what it would be like to know the future? If you could, what would you do with that power? Would you simply avoid trouble? Or would you make yourself look better, stronger, smarter, and faster?

Now... what if you were told that you could become a god, if and only if you could prove mastery over time itself... by killing eleven other people who could know the future, as well?

Now... obviously, time travel creates absolute chaos, and if you've seen "The Future Diary", then you already understand what this is going to look like.

But... let's change the rules, a little bit.

For this, I need 11 roleplayers. This is meant to be a /very/ long-term project. It won't end with one cycle. Or two. We're going to keep going until either one of us asserts REAL dominance, or everyone quits.

That being said: Only join if you have the follow through to never give up, the intelligence to fathom impossibilities, and a very /very/ keen memory.

Please, only ask to join if you're at least capable of speaking at the level that I am able to in this post, and understand all that I request.

In the first cycle, I will play my own character, as well as Deus Ex Machina

All of our characters will be original characters. This will be an original story.

Come and create a multiverse with me.

HURRMMMMMM
Tell me, what type of FC's
and your activity requirement? :)

Any kind of faceclaim you want is fine by me, and I'd hope that you can make at least one post a week. I'll introduce specific rules to how this will work when we have everyone.

We still need 8 more confirmed members. If you'd like to invite your friends, go ahead. For now, I'll be making a group message for all of us, where we can discuss rules, characters, and mechanics for how the RP will be managed, as well as how we'll be able to make it both fun, but also an actual contest.
I think that many is probably impossible. Even if you did manage to acquire all those players, it'd take several weeks to do so, by which time actual interest would be dead for a lot of them. I propose that instead you create a series of NPCs and/or encourage players to make multiple PCs.

I'd also like to suggest, since this is the kind of roelplay where characters can die, that characters belonging to players who go too long past the maximum posting deadline without proper warning be killed off automatically so as to prevent the eventuality of players losing interest due to being stuck with someone who never replies.

Yo, I'd be interested in joining if this actually becomes a thing. Just a question though, do you think you could post a character skeleton? This way, while we wait for players or for the RP to start, we can have our characters all ready to go.

I think that many is probably impossible. Even if you did manage to acquire all those players, it'd take several weeks to do so, by which time actual interest would be dead for a lot of them. I propose that instead you create a series of NPCs and/or encourage players to make multiple PCs.

I'd also like to suggest, since this is the kind of roelplay where characters can die, that characters belonging to players who go too long past the maximum posting deadline without proper warning be killed off automatically so as to prevent the eventuality of players losing interest due to being stuck with someone who never replies.
Also, I agree that there should probably be NPCs, although I'm kinda surprised that we have seven people (albeit one of them being Deus) already. Assuming no one else takes interest and joins us by the time everything's ready, I think having 4 NPCs would be perfect.

Plus, if people lose interest or don't post before the deadline as Idea says, it wouldn't be a bad idea to have one of these NPCs be the killer. Although it might take some effort on your (Deus) part, I'd be happy to help invent some NPCs with you if you feel it'd be too much for just yourself to handle!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back