• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Futuristic The Frontier: A Space Western Chat Club

Main
Here
Characters
Here
Other
Here
Lucy will be running a little...poker game in one of the private rooms of the bar later which will be a good opportunity to get some info out of her if she's willing to play nice. She won't let everyone join though - she's gotta like the look of you :hornstongue;

also bring credits.

Whew. Finally got a post up today; work sucked, and I couldn't get a word in here at all, not even on break. As you were, ladies and gentlemen.

Hi everyone, I'm new here. If possible could I get a brief recap of what's happened so I know where to jump in?

Hi everyone, I'm new here. If possible could I get a brief recap of what's happened so I know where to jump in?
You're just in time for the first major arc of the story. What's happened so far is that our characters have, in one way or another, established themselves within the game's current starting point, New Eden Colony. Most of them are currently in the Touch of Home, the colony's bar, gathering information on our first arc's villain, a smuggler and mobster named Tony Finch. Some of them want a shot at him... actually, a lot of them want a shot at him, and that 20,000 credit bounty. You can decide whether or not you want to hop on that train of desire yourself.

Okay, so I have a barrage of questions for capMARVELOUS capMARVELOUS answer whenever you can I know you're busy.

1. is there any way LES could gain independence? Asking because I'm thinking that may be a thing the character would want. Like, theoretically, if LES bought itself (I imagine private contractors would buy LES S.W.A.T bots for serious protection. Also, yes I know that would be extremely expensive, considering LES is very new and top-shelf equipment. I figure there may even usually be stipulations/government restrictions on buying the units, personally, though this would theoretically be an exception because the hardware is buying itself annnnd I'm rambling moving on!)
2. What country/countries have logical control over New Eden? You said different counries use different currency, sooo that means this is not a one world government scenario, so. What country/ies have logical control over New Eden.
3. Does that country/group of countries have control over the majority of Mars, if so, is there the occasional colony under another government's control. For example, if New Eden is controlled by France, is there a colony funded/controlled by china?
4. If "France" and "China" went to war, would colonies controlled by the respective countries go to war to, or considering circumstances, do they just agree to leave each other alone for the most part, as life on Mars is hard enough.
5. Khodai: What about their organs/limbs and other carnage makes them so valuable? Can it be used as fuel, does it taste good, etc.?
6. If Khodai see a human, do they just try to kill it on sight or will they avoid/ignore it. Are there rare Khodai traders that trade things to humans that they can trust. Or more importantly, robots?
7. Do Kodai have robots? What technological level are they around? Do they fight with sticks or laser guns, lol?
Answer whenever you can, no rush!

But wouldn't you benefit from a dead/incarcerated Finch?

Perhaps, but she's hardly gonna walk off with some strange weirdo she doesn't even know and LES literally just outed her in the middle of a bar that she knows about Finch.

So she'll tell you both where to stick it and go have a nap probably. Ahaha

Perhaps, but she's hardly gonna walk off with some strange weirdo she doesn't even know and LES literally just outed her in the middle of a bar that she knows about Finch.

So she'll tell you both where to stick it and go have a nap probably. Ahaha
Fair enough, fair enough. I think in it's mind that won't matter if Finch is gonna be goop soon though.

Okay, so I have a barrage of questions for capMARVELOUS capMARVELOUS answer whenever you can I know you're busy.

1. is there any way LES could gain independence? Asking because I'm thinking that may be a thing the character would want. Like, theoretically, if LES bought itself (I imagine private contractors would buy LES S.W.A.T bots for serious protection. Also, yes I know that would be extremely expensive, considering LES is very new and top-shelf equipment. I figure there may even usually be stipulations/government restrictions on buying the units, personally, though this would theoretically be an exception because the hardware is buying itself annnnd I'm rambling moving on!)
2. What country/countries have logical control over New Eden? You said different counries use different currency, sooo that means this is not a one world government scenario, so. What country/ies have logical control over New Eden.
3. Does that country/group of countries have control over the majority of Mars, if so, is there the occasional colony under another government's control. For example, if New Eden is controlled by France, is there a colony funded/controlled by china?
4. If "France" and "China" went to war, would colonies controlled by the respective countries go to war to, or considering circumstances, do they just agree to leave each other alone for the most part, as life on Mars is hard enough.
5. Khodai: What about their organs/limbs and other carnage makes them so valuable? Can it be used as fuel, does it taste good, etc.?
6. If Khodai see a human, do they just try to kill it on sight or will they avoid/ignore it. Are there rare Khodai traders that trade things to humans that they can trust. Or more importantly, robots?
7. Do Kodai have robots? What technological level are they around? Do they fight with sticks or laser guns, lol?
Answer whenever you can, no rush!
More world-building! Yay!
Will try to answer these before I go to work.
1.) Theoretically, LES could buy independence, though it'd be highly irregular. There'd be a lot of paperwork that'd need filling out.
2.) New Eden Colony is primarily controlled by the United States portion of the Gov.
3.) The US controls about 50% of the Martian colonies, with the rest being split between other countries like Russia, China, Japan, etc.
4.) Since the Martian colonies are largely independent from the Earth countries that oversee them, colonies controlled by the warring countries are not obligated to go to war with each other.
5.) Khodai parts are valuable on the black market because the Gov doesn't sanction study of the Khodai's inner workings at all, yet there are folks out there who'd love to know what exactly makes Khodai tick. Think the Kaiju black market from Pacific Rim.
6.) For the most part, Khodai will try to approach humans out of curiosity, but will be prepared to attack should things go screwy. Some will approach with intent to harm, and others will simply move on (though those are rare). Even rarer are Khodai who are actively willing to try and get on the humans' good side through trade and such. Humans have a hard time telling what their intentions are, though.
7.) Khodai have primitive technology levels; mostly swords and spears, with cobbled-together laser guns every now and then.

More world-building! Yay!
Will try to answer these before I go to work.
1.) Theoretically, LES could buy independence, though it'd be highly irregular. There'd be a lot of paperwork that'd need filling out.
2.) New Eden Colony is primarily controlled by the United States portion of the Gov.
3.) The US controls about 50% of the Martian colonies, with the rest being split between other countries like Russia, China, Japan, etc.
4.) Since the Martian colonies are largely independent from the Earth countries that oversee them, colonies controlled by the warring countries are not obligated to go to war with each other.
5.) Khodai parts are valuable on the black market because the Gov doesn't sanction study of the Khodai's inner workings at all, yet there are folks out there who'd love to know what exactly makes Khodai tick. Think the Kaiju black market from Pacific Rim.
6.) For the most part, Khodai will try to approach humans out of curiosity, but will be prepared to attack should things go screwy. Some will approach with intent to harm, and others will simply move on (though those are rare). Even rarer are Khodai who are actively willing to try and get on the humans' good side through trade and such. Humans have a hard time telling what their intentions are, though.
7.) Khodai have primitive technology levels; mostly swords and spears, with cobbled-together laser guns every now and then.

It may be worth considering some sort of cross country Earth alliance that all colonies/space based Human movement is based under. I doubt a single country could handle the expense of a space Navy/multiple city sized colonies.

Of course, certain countries might fund certain colonies more than others and get naming rights and other bonuses.

Khodai have primitive technology levels; mostly swords and spears, with cobbled-together laser guns every now and then.
Oh yes how primitive. Just sword and spears. and the occasional LASER PISTOL.
source.gif

Or the bandits of Tunisia who hunt with laser snipers.... they ride in single file too, so they can hide their numbers.

Last edited:
I've been a bit over enthusiastic with posting over the last day. Will sit back and wait for a few posts.

I post a lot too, if I am doing too much, let me know, I won't get triggered if yaull coach me up to work well within the system.

Mainly I just want to keep the content coming. As soon as those alerts dry up, people stop replying and the RP dies. I'd really like this one to survive however, because I love the setting and my character is really fun to write & has a lot of layers to unwrap despite how simplistic he appears. On top of that, I've enjoyed reading everyone's posts for the most part which is rare because I'm a nitpicking asshole, so full maniac, two-three posts a day will be standard for me as long as there is enough content for me to reply to, however if you guys want me to keep it to 1-2 a day I will acquiesce and promptly chill the F out with my post count lol.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back