• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Futuristic The Frontier: A Space Western Chat Club

Main
Here
Characters
Here
Other
Here
Holy fucking shit, I miss a lot when I'm asleep. Normally, I'd remedy this by simply not sleeping, but that's not healthy.
Let's see if I can address everything tossed my way last night.

Hey, me too! Only I slept.

Also, question for you capMARVELOUS capMARVELOUS . As Militiamen are LES and Salty the ones who have any oversight over the actual payment of the bounties? Just because Atticus is trying to find a way to make some of these crazy bounty hunters work together rather than destroying the town in a death race to the bounty.
Militiamen do have oversight in the payment of bounties, yes. And good luck with trying to rope everyone together; from what I've seen of each character, teamwork between them will be a real chore.

Yo for real, how is this going to work out lol. When I post tomorrow I'm going to do my best to angle Quinn into this bounty hunt, but its gonna be tough to gather all the pieces in one place and on the same page.

Maybe Finch sends some goons to the settlement to collect a debt, bullets start flying, Finch's goons get killed at some cost to the local yokels, lynch mob gets assembled of all capable hands to track down the criminal. Idk, just brainstorming.
As Avari said, the bio for Finch will make things a bit clearer. Which I did not post last night like I promised, because I'm a dirty rotten scoundrel, and I apologize. Am fixing that right now.

Check your DM's BB
DMs checked bby

Also, Sarah Bear Sarah Bear , when LES says "Yeoman with the book," is it talking to Levi?

How many characters can I expect to pile on Lucy when she reaches the bar?

Also I'm terrible at describing stuff, but Lucy's look right now is a lil' like this:

caa1882e37e05d8d2e6544b31eb076e8.jpg

You know, it's funny: I'm seeing a lot of yeomen and bounty hunter characters runnin' around, but no real outlaws. In a Western! This needs to be promptly remedied.

So, anyways, I've got a few questions: How rare are privately owned spaceships? Do bounty hunters require some sort of official license? Does New Eden have a spaceport? And what sort of not-strictly-legal goods would fetch a good price around these parts?

Asking for a friend, again, of course

capMARVELOUS capMARVELOUS

You know, it's funny: I'm seeing a lot of yeomen and bounty hunter characters runnin' around, but no real outlaws. In a Western! This needs to be promptly remedied.

So, anyways, I've got a few questions: How rare are privately owned spaceships? Do bounty hunters require some sort of official license? Does New Eden have a spaceport? And what sort of not-strictly-legal goods would fetch a good price around these parts?

I could take on a villain role as Quinn has zero loyalty to the law and isnt a bounty hunter by trade. That being said, player controlled villains in a RP are (typically) expected to be straight up jobbers, if you're not jobbing as a villain people get mad.... So unless I have assurances I'll stick on the "good" side using money as Quinn's reasoning for fighting on that side.

Zero does engage in killing people illegally for money so I'd say hes a bit of an outlaw. But he kinda has evaded getting caught and hes just going to pretend being a simple Yeoman for now.

I mean I don't know what the plan is for the overall plot but I feel like - looking at all the characters - that not everyone has to be involved in the same plot? I mean a small group could be doing this, another doing that with the occasional overlap and such. But I'd enjoy just writing the day to day adventures of Lucy tbh aha

Oh lord Okay lol
He's not really one for having a good wardrobe.

I mean a small group could be doing this
I kinda wanted to bring this up but as long as Zero is able to get a clean shot onto Finch, then he is pretty much dead. This could mean that the LES bot, someone who can take on the goons, some more firepower to back him up (Levi, Salty), and Zero could pretty much kill Finch themselves if they knew where he was and if they were smart about it. That is not considering how willing they are to work together and how they want to split up the money and whether they will be fighting for the bounty amongst each other.

One way we could make Finch into everyone's problem would be him trying to get his gang to pick on the sisters' businesses in for protection or whatever. That way almost everyone would be notified.

One way we could make Finch into everyone's problem would be him trying to get his gang to pick on the sisters' businesses in for protection or whatever. That way almost everyone would be notified.

I mean that sort of depends on NemoTheSurvivor NemoTheSurvivor not every character has to get involved in the whole Finch thing. I don't even know how much Lucy will be involved. Just see how it goes and players who want to play around with it can do so. No fun in overplanning.

Holy fucking shit, I miss a lot when I'm asleep. Normally, I'd remedy this by simply not sleeping, but that's not healthy.
Let's see if I can address everything tossed my way last night.

Militiamen do have oversight in the payment of bounties, yes. And good luck with trying to rope everyone together; from what I've seen of each character, teamwork between them will be a real chore.

As Avari said, the bio for Finch will make things a bit clearer. Which I did not post last night like I promised, because I'm a dirty rotten scoundrel, and I apologize. Am fixing that right now.

DMs checked bby

Also, Sarah Bear Sarah Bear , when LES says "Yeoman with the book," is it talking to Levi?
Yeah, sorry I figured out man from Galilee would likely be the only one in a bar with a book lol

How many characters can I expect to pile on Lucy when she reaches the bar?

Also I'm terrible at describing stuff, but Lucy's look right now is a lil' like this:

Well, you can count on Levi coming across her at some point, though it'll be a bit later, considering he has some other interactions to finish off. Just keep an eye out.

See, it's questions like this that help build the world our characters live in! I'm proud of ya.
1.) Private-owned ships are few and far-between, usually owned only by the very rich.
2.) The red scarf is license enough, but Yeomen and the like do require, at the very least, acknowledgement from the Gov. The Gov basically just needs to know that you exist and you collect bounties.
3.) All colonies have a small "spaceport," though it's mostly used for rovers.
4.) Everything not-quite-legal on Earth is also not-quite-legal on Mars. The best-priced goods are Khodai parts. Organs, limbs, what have you.

Yeah, sorry I figured out man from Galilee would likely be the only one in a bar with a book lol
Ey thanks.
Will post in the game proper after work, and will also address the Finch issue that seems to be circulating around here. Till then, au revoir.

Plutoni Plutoni
When am I seeing that gorgeous lady.

No I don't have a crush.

Shut up.
tenor.gif

dfghjhjgs I said nothin

Users who are viewing this thread

Back