• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern The Freebirds (Music RP)

OOC
Here
Characters
Here

azenva

never ask me for anything ever again
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
no we don't play southern rock, we play pop-punk with heavy alternative (and maybe some southern influence, who knows), freebird was a joke that went too far

Rules:
I'd like frequent posting (once a day minimum). Short posts are fine (no one liners though).
Romance is perfectly fine, as long as you don't completely derail everything.
Contributing parts of actual in-universe songs is optional.
I'm the audience most of the time, unless you'd like to write up how they respond to things happening.
Common sense, like don't commit murder.
This isn't 18+, mild mature things are fine, but keep them from being the only thing.
Insert other rules i'll remember later here
Have fun!

Anyways, the RP kicks off with our OCs right after playing a show in Sacramento because nobody asked for the band to not be from California and the debut only sold decently. This is one of the last shows for the band's Welcome to the Real World tour before taking a break to prepare for the next, currently untitled album. It's 8:30 PM, plenty of time to head to a party for a few hours if the band chooses to do so, or just do the boring thing of practice and then sleep.

"Next time I trip over backstage on all those loose cables I swear to God." Birdie chuckled, he'd fallen for the fifth time at this venue and frankly was glad the show was over. He slumped into one of the couches, looking over his song sheet at Vic. "Youve got that look about you again Vic, what are you planning?" He asked her coyly. He'd gotten used to both her and Moon's antics by now. He opened a pack of gum an began chewing. "And don't say you're not, you're always up to something." He threw her one before going back to reading, aimlessly fiddling with his necklace simultaneously.

Overall the venue was an alright starting point. Better than the pubs he used to crawl when he was short on cash, but it wasn't the Ritz by any means.

"All I'm saying is that telling you would only ruin the fun. Keep trying, and watch your step next time." Bold words coming from someone who almost messed up the main riff of their most popular song twice in the same performance of it, just barely managing to pass off the mix-up with a different riff with a bit of extra improv, but at least it sounded pretty good considering it was a mistake.
Vic caught the gum, unwrapped it and started chewing, then went back to looking around at the other band members and her phone while quietly humming.
"Incidents aside, that was a pretty nice show, right guys?"

"You assume I shouldn't trust the earth I walk. And yeah, the show went well considering what happened last week with the stage fire." Birdie jested. He was a little bit worried about what she was gonna do, but considering he was one of 5 potential victims he liked his odds. He was now scribbling on a piece of napkin with a biro pen, probably lyrics. He usually wrote on whatever he could carry if something came to him. He was a fast writer, and liked to add hard to understand notes such as dots and lines or seemingly random letters under specific words. It made clear sense to him, to others they were lyrics annotated with gibberish.

azenva azenva Deredere Deredere ScalpelsNSaws ScalpelsNSaws Inuzori Inuzori

Eric 20
booking manager

"Alright hand them over, especially you two" he motioned over to Birdie and Apollo. Eric had a hard enough time trying to book the band of misfits, half of that was selling a certain reputation of the band true or not. He would take away any numbers the band got from fans, it was best to give them up now then face his wrath afterwards. "Easier to book you guys in these places if the owner of them is sure you won't be banging his daughter afterwards." Eric was around the bands age, and had a lot of musical talent, but he had a diffrent calling in life. On top of that he had performance anxiety, which was strange considering he was so confident. He would continue his preaching about behavior and whether they were listening or not.

Apollo 25
Bassit

Apollo was quite happy about the show, their were a few mishaps here and there but in his opinion it added character to their image. When Eric confronted the group he rolled his eyes at the accusation but reached into his pocket and handed him the numbers he collected. He nudged A.J. as he walked past flashing her a smile. Once they got to where they could settle down he pulled out his talkie, a nifty little device that he could speak through with his eyes. "Thanks for the booking Eric...." He looked down at his talkie in shock. Who changed his settings to a female voice? 'Who the hell' he signed not expecting anyone to understand him when he went that fast 'You'. That one was easy to decipher he pointed right at Birdie and charged the man.

Birdie looked at Eric with Mock Indignation. "Why I never, I am surprised to see you think I'd stoop so low.." He says, easily handing double the amount of phone numbers Apollo got, ignoring the action as if it wasnt happening. The ladies in the crowd loved the accent, he could never understand why. He definitely didn't intend to answer any of those calls, but he was too polite to turn them down. A misconception of him on Eric's part. He wasn't sure where he was going on the relationship front just yet.

When the peeved Apollo marched up to Birdie, he said"Oi, get of you mangey dog!" laughing, taking a step back from the irate mute, "Since when have I screwed with your talkie?" He asked, looking across at Vic, a wicked grin on her face, "I think you know the culprit," A cheeky grin growing himself, "glance yonder and see pure mischief... I wouldn't dare tamper with the merciless Sun God." gesturing to tricky Vic, always causing strife in some way.

Last edited:
A.J. had haphazardly jammed handfuls of phone numbers into her pockets, with several falling out and floating to the ground. She was never actually going to call any of these people, but some of them were cute enough that she hadn't had the heart to say as much. More entertaining than the admirers were the scuffles of her bandmates; A.J. was having a long, hard laugh at Apollo's mic troubles. He was so sweet and probably didn't (necessarily) deserve to be a victim this way, but the pranks were more than welcome on A.J.'s account. They were all the punchline of each other's favorite jokes, and it added to the closeness.

"I know it wasn't me, but now I kind of wish it had been." She felt like she wasn't sneaky enough to pull off anything so clever, but could certainly appreciate Vic's sense of humor. "I wonder what he'd sound like as a kid, instead?"

Apollo 25
Bassit

Apollo stopped his pursuit at Birdie, yeah he was right he wasn't smart enough to even try to mess with it. He signed something to him And then pushed him over. luckily Eric was looking over and was able to translate.
"He said well you still took that tall redhead away from me, I was hyping myself up all night for her."
Apollo then turned to Victoria, picking her up and throwing her over his shoulder. He wasn't going to put her down until she confessed, though it could have been Eun-ji as well. With a shrug he picked up the other girl to throwing her over his other shoulder.

Eric 20
booker

Eric rolled his eyes at the group after making his translations for Apollo. He enjoyed their antics but he would never show it. Right now he was busy making a schedule and had no time to participate in the group killing each other. "Must you all always be so loud...."

"The thrill of the hunt my good man, that loss was solely on you. Doesn't matter, her number is in with the rest of them; in the clutches of our resident clout vulture..." Birdie says, turning a playful tone to Eric. "I can be louder if you want, whos feeling a little cotton eye joe on Harmonica?" He threatened, it was not an empty one as he slowly brought it to his lips.

He saw Apollo man-handling the girls, "Calm down King-Kong god damn." It was funny seeing the mute act like a man child, like watching an elephant spray somebody teasing it with food, "if you break them you're gonna have to find the replacements..."

Eunji had a decent amount of phone numbers in her hand. It wasn't as much as Birdie's, probably no one could beat him in the 'phone numbers' game, but it was a good chuck at the least. To her, I wasn't about actually calling them, but almost like votes on who's the favorite band member, who was the most popular in this little rag tag team they were on. She looked around her costume to notice she didn't have any pockets on her and looks down and knew what she must do. She used some of the paper to stuff her bra.

She goes over to Apollo to taunt him in the amount of phone numbers she got until it seemed like he and Eric wanted to talk to her She looked at them and grumbled in her native tone, not wanting to speak to them or even get into whatever mess they were in. She then felt like a child as she was picked and thrown over his shoulder. She kicked around and yelled out ''Let go of me! Are you deaf? What's the matter with you?'' Her cheeks went and as she kicked and screamed at Apollo.

Last edited:
Apollo 25
Bassit

Apollo put the two down gently rolling his eyes. He picked up his talking and began to change the settings back to the Australian male accent it was on. He did not use the talkie much, it was a slow way to communicate and Apollo never had much to say anyway. He looked over at the clock, only 20:30 was the group planning on doing something? Ah It did not matter to him he was happy in whatever activities the group decided to get into. He reverted back to his calm manner listening and watching. Eric looked like he was about to rip his scheduling book in half as Birdie played Cotten eye joe.A.J. was still getting over her laughter. He really liked A.J. If it wasn’t for that mess going on back hone he might have let himself actually fall for her. Moon was still throwing a fit. She was so adorable how she mouthed off in Korean, and also very terrifying at times too. She had the most experience with band life, except maybe for Eric. Victoria was one of the newer members. They switched Guitarist for a while until this little thing came around. She was a nice addition maybe his favorite addition. He liked over to Birdie motioning him to please stop. Any more and he be both dead and mute.

"I'm not sure what the rest of you have planned this evening, but I'm getting plaster'd if anyone wants to come with?" Birdie says concluding his little tune, much to the gratitude of Apollo and Eric. "New bar on Fleet Avenue, who's coming?" He heared they were doing half price shots there, and he wanted a cheap Buzz.

"Vic? Eric? How 'bout you Apollo?" He asked curiously, putting on his jacket.

Eric/Apollo
Booker/ bassist

Eric sighed and picked up a large three ringed binder and flipped open after a few moments he closed it. “Yeah you guys can go their but stay away from the pub a block down...and no I’m not going” Apollo smiled pulling out his phone and texting something then putting it back. Apollo never texted anyone, he actually really did not use his phone at all so whoever he did text had to be one of them. Eric’s phone vibrated he, he looked to see the text then quickly put it away. He attempted to stay focused on making his schedule but whatever Apollo sent him made him cave in. “Ugh fine whatever.” He glared over at Apollo who only gave a smile in return. Eric was not one to drink, not even a little, but he would accompany birdie on whatever adventure he was getting into.

Moon got a little lightheaded as she was picked up and screaming at the top of her lungs. While she was pounding and screaming, some of the phone numbers flew out of her clothes and she groaned loudly. She slowly stopped pounding at Apollo and went to accept her fate over his shoulders. She twirled Apollo's hair and she signed very heavily ''Please...just let me go!'' She closed her eyes as he gently let her down and huffed.

(angry fell asleep at 4 AM and missed a big chunk of RP plus longer post noises)
Vic had been uncharacteristically silent throughout this entire exchange, having basically fallen asleep/been knocked out by being grabbed despite all the chaos and noise, a few strips of paper with phone numbers on them buried in her pockets. Not like she'd need them anyways...the paper, that is.
Moon yelling finally got Vic to wake up from her nap. She pulled out her phone and checked how long she'd been out for, still lying on the floor, apparently.

Moon grumbled as she tried to pick up the pieces of paper all over the floor. She dusted herself off and spoke up ''Fine, fine. I messed with the wires. but you must admit, watching Crow trip over like a drunken man was hilarious in my opinion. Just don't pick me up ever, I mean ever again!'' She went back to the nearest bathroom and try to fix herself up again.

"So that was you moving the wires huh? I thought I was just going crazy mis-stepping each damn time." Birdie said, hearing moon admit to that. "Anybody who wants to find where Myself and Eric will be, either follow us to the bar or text us." He stated, leading the way out of the Backroom and out into the rear alley of the Venue.

"Off to the Bar we go!"- he said with a little bit too much enthusiasm for a person of his poor alcoholic fortitude. He will be lucky to have Eric come along, a teetotal may be good if he ends up in a piss-up.

''Well, I wouldn't say you are completely sane, but you falling never ceases to not be funny.'' She said, followed by a small giggle as she remembers Birdie falling face, back, and bum. She shook her head lightly and replied sarcasticly ''I would love to go to the bar with you two idiots, really I would, but I have to fix myself up from being man-handled like a doll.'' She eyed Apollo a little and quickly looked away to find the nearest bathroom to redo her make-up and hair.

Eric 20
Booker

"You're not coming?!?" he looked at Apollo who had a knowing smile on his face as he waved the two off. "Ugh" He followed the enthusiastic man. He stuffed his hands in his pockets and tried to be engulfed into his jacket. Had he ever been alone with Birdie? I mean yes he could bark orders and talk business all day, but never tried to interact with him in a relaxed setting by himself. "Ummm..." dear god could Moon hurry her ass up, he was not about to force small talk.

Last edited:
Vic decides to not go, having already tried alcohol a few weeks earlier and finding it not enjoyable.
"I'm not drinking anymore after last time..." she trailed off, shaking her head a bit.
Vic gets back onto the couch she had fallen asleep on earlier, pulls out some earbuds, and starts listening to music, still typing something on her phone.

Eunji turned around as Eric said those words to her. She was a mischievous creature and she was now compeled to defy his orders not to join them. She was filling up with spite as she went into the bathroom and locked herself in. She crossed her arms as she laid in the bathroom. Of course now she wanted to go with them, but before.... If they invited her to go, she would still say no, but she would appreciate the offer.

Apollo 25
Bassist
Inuzori Inuzori

Apollo watched Eric glare at him then looked over to Vic who had also decide to stay. Apollo slumped to the floor and got to work, every so often he would get these letters. Form who he would not say but they were important to him. With a english to greek book in hand he would spend hours responding back, writing two or three pages. Why he did not text or call the person it was unsure. He would occasionally lift his head to glance at A.j. and if he was caught he would just smile and go back to his letters.

Birdie took the opportunity he had during the walk down the street to send a quick group text, a last call to debauchery alongside him and Eric. Wether they'd actually show at some point, hed doubt it. Oh well, he wanted a drink and Eric seemed to be tricked into coming along. He turned to face the miserable goit.

"Look, Eric. Whatever Apollo said to you mate, you're clearly not too happy about going on a bender with me. Go back to the room if you want, I can handle myself just fine in a piss-up." Birdie said to him, it'd probably be the last truly sincere thing he would have to say for an hour or five. He proptly turned on his heel and began to continue walking to blackout town.

A.J. had, at first, been of the mind not to pester Apollo-, she hadn't wanted to interrupt what looked to be either writing or studying on his part, and she'd never been wholly certain how best to approach him. It hadn't ever been that she didn't want to talk to him, of course, but she did worry that she might make him feel awkward. After catching a few of his glances, however, A.J. tucked her phone into her pocket and decided to go pester her bandmate anyway. She leaned over his makeshift workstation on the floor, peeking at his writing... and was surprised to find that she couldn't read a single word on any of the pages. The book in his hand solved a decent chunk of the mystery, but certainly not all of it. "Impressive! Secret love letters, maybe?" she teased, kneeling for a better look. "The only other language I know anything about is Spanish, and it's super basic; I'm pretty sure I can only ask for fruit."

Embarrassing but true. For some reason, it had been one of the only phrases in Spanish class she'd been able to retain.

Eunji got finished with her light make-up and quick fix up and heard a buzz coming from outside the bathroom. She went to unlock the door and walked out with one heel on her foot and the other one bare. She saw her phone standing by some props and went to see it was her phone giving out a late notification. She reads the message and made up her mind to go with the two nitwits, they might make her look good in comparison. She sat down to take off the other heel and switch it out for new shoes as she made her way to the bar with them in secret.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back