• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern Band RP Characters

Any band name ideas?

• no not really

Votes: 1 25.0%
  • The Freebirds (have to get my freebird joke somewhere)

Votes: 2 50.0%
  • The Outcasts

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The Bad News Crew

Votes: 1 25.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Main
Here
OOC
Here
Characters
Here

azenva

never ask me for anything ever again
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
character sheet:
Name: (wherever you guys wanna place the band, base your names off where that place is)

Age: (i decided this RP is right before they're going to record the sophomore album and are busy wrapping up shows for a mildly successful self titled debut album (~100,000 album equivalent units) so around 22 to 26)

Instrument:

Personality: (lots of interaction between characters here, might lower my standards and make it a two liner if y’all are fine, so anyways have characters that feel like people, even if you don’t write out all their little quirks, if you can get the message across, it’s fine)

Influences: (we’re all going to be playing one genre, but your characters might be influenced by different artists and genres (ex. we go the route of an indie/punk band but the bassist likes rhcp, so there’s an extra funk element, or we make a jazz fusion band, but the keyboard/pianist listens to chiptune, so there’s that flavor of video game music in the jazz))

Other Info: (extra hobbies and stuff)

Backstory/why they’re in the band: (optional, but it’s a good way to get me to want to accept a sheet)

Appearance: (anime pics are preferred over real ones because mild/newbie weeb)

Name: Eun-ji Kyu, but most call her Moon

Instrument: Vocals, can also do a keyboard, violin, and cello

Personality: She wants to stand out, above the crowd even if she has shout and sing out loud. She really enjoys a sense of individuality and popping out. She does like to say some debate-able things to either tease haters or to really try to get her message across.She is also somewhat of a prankster too, but her pranks are mostly harmless.

Influences: She is inspired by many pop girl groups, she can also have a soft soul for jazz. She can also be political in her songs for the controversy like ''Fortunate Son.''

Other Info: In her old band, they wore cats ears and she would from time to time like to behave as a cat. Whether she has used a litter box can't be confirmed or denied. English is her second language because she was the main translator to the press in her old band. Before he fand, she was also in strange cursed commercials that advertised weird stuff like shrimp soda. She also loves to say crude innuendos in her native tongue so no one would understand her.

Backstory/why they want to be in the band: She was born in South Korea and she believes she was made to perform at a young age and was the former singer in the k-pop band. She then felt like a cog in a machine and quit the band, but still wanted to perform. She used the money she made from the music group to go to the Usa for the American dream™ and be in another band to truly shine.

Appearance: (I can't download my art on a wii u so I went and found something that looks most like her.This is the closest I got, and she is ment to be older. K-ON! Fan Art: K-on! pics! (fan-art)

Last edited:
Name: Eun-ji Kyu, but most call her Moon

Instrument: Vocals, can also do a keyboard, violin, and cello

Personality: She wants to stand out, above the crowd even if she has shout and sing out loud. She really enjoys a sense of individuality and popping out. She does like to say some debate-able things to either tease haters or to really try to get her message across.She is also somewhat of a prankster too, but her pranks are mostly harmless.

Influences: She is inspired by many pop girl groups, she can also have a soft soul for jazz. She can also be political in her songs for the controversy like ''Fortunate Son.''

Other Info: In her old band, they wore cats ears and she would from time to time like to behave as a cat. Whether she has used a litter box can't be confirmed or denied. English is her second language because she was the main translator to the press in her old band.

Backstory/why they want to be in the band: She was born in South Korea and she believes she was made to perform at a young age and was the former singer in the k-pop band. She then felt like a cog in a machine and quit the band, but still wanted to perform. She used the money she made from the music group to go to the Usa for the American dream™ and be in another band to truly shine.
it is time for the duo of the lead section, the party pranksters, the bash busters, fear us
pretty good sheet, but unless we have a male vocalist we're kind of in an odd spot when it comes to say performing an occasional cover as an encore or whatever, unless your oc has a pretty deep vocal range, although the concept of two vocalists could be cool for duet songs if we get a male vocalist.
hold up azusa is that you aren't you a guitarist what

Oh yeah, I'll try to upload it again {{default.session}}&simplified=true

why are you posting k-on characters, why must you taunt me with having to want season 3 again

Let me say this again. I AM ON A WII U AND I CAN'T TAKE PICTURES OF MY OWN ART! My oc looks mostly like her.

yes you mentioned that, i know, i saw, i apologize for offending you
also you're using the wii u web browser, absolutely legendary

Yes, and I'm sorry for yelling. I do like K-on though. Yeah, I still love my wii u.

Name: Jeremiah 'Birdie' Crow
Instrument: Harmonica/Lyricist.
Personality: He's a Laidback and country Englishman who Emigrated for a scholarship. He's got his own opinions about the world most don't like as he's a tad Nihilistic but can see the silver lining, he's enjoying the fact he can seamlessly blend into the furniture. He's a stubborn ass when it comes to his convictions and dislikes repetition in terms of bureaucracy.

Influences: Old country and American trail songs like Jimmy Dean, as well as the classics of the rock scene like Led Zepplin and Queen.

Backstory: He was in a rut for cash when He first got off the boat and wound up on top of the band's stand at a bar, drunk off his mind rocking his Harmonica. It's an heirloom of his and has threatened to throw hands over him keeping it in his possession at all times. He was first found by the media after being tossed out of that bar, playing his Harmonica and singing on the sidewalk so he could afford a cab. He impressed some folks and word got round on campus. He eventually caved to pressure from friends and followed a few leads on potential band members in the area. (Women also seem to love his accent but he's saving it for somebody who can steal his show. ;) )

Other Info: He struggles to hold liquor but by God can he handle other people who also can't, he can calm an angry drunk easily and when he can't, he can wrangle them just as well. He can play spoons too, but he keeps that out of the band. Because "who the fuck plays spoons professionally?"

Attachments

• th (65).jpeg
    th (65).jpeg
    36.3 KB · Views: 10
Last edited:
Name: Jeremiah Crow
Instrument: Harmonica/Lyricist.
Personality: He's a Laidback and country Englishman who Emigrated for a scholarship. He's got his own opinions about the world most don't like as he's a tad Nihilistic but can see the silver lining, he's enjoying the fact he can seamlessly blend into the furniture.

Influences: Old country and American trail songs like Jimmy Dean, as well as the classics of the rock scene like Led Zepllin and Queen.

Backstory: He was in a rut for cash He first got off the boat and wound up on top of the band's table at a bar, drunk off his mind rocking his Harmonica. It's an heirloom of his and has threatened to throw hands over him keeping it in his possession at all times.

Other Info: He struggles to hold liquor but by God can he handle other people who also can't, he can calm an angry drunk easily and when he can't, he can wrangle them just as well.
misspelled zeppelin, but very nice otherwise, if a bit short. we do need some older characters though (i say while prepping a 23 year old), and honestly i feel like we need a male vocalist at this point

Or I change my character so she doesn't sing if no male want to be a vocalist.

we kind of need a vocalist, so it's fine if we have only a female vocalist

the older members are the founders/seniors (it is senpai time) of the band, but if you want him to be one, it's fine

Name: Victoria (goes by Vic unless it’s official business) Fox
Instrument: lead guitar most of the time, unless we only get one guitarist
Personality: Vic is an outgoing prankster (trying to encroach upon moon’s throne) who enjoys pulling some mild tricks, especially on people who “deserve it”, but can usually stop before going too far. Despite being very extroverted (can’t relate), she’s chill and won’t actively try to repeatedly start up a conversation. She’s very carefree, and tends to make decisions quickly, whether the outcome is good or bad, by just picking what seems good at the moment, sometimes leading to bad situations. As part of being very social and willing to play tricks on people, Vic is very self confident and doesn’t reflect too much on mistakes (unlike me hahhaahahahaa), simply learning the lessons to be taught and then moving on, living in the right now rather than the past or future. She's fine with a romantic relationship, but has never been in one.
Influences: a bit of alternative/indie (mostly RHCP), a bunch of punk based genres (from pop-punk to some “emo” stuff to the -core genres) and faster metal subgenres.
Other Info: Vic carries around various materials like pens, sticky notes, stuffed rats, etc.
Backstory/why they’re in the band:
Vic found an old demo rereleased as an EP from the band, enjoyed it, started looking to see if they were playing any shows, and found that they needed a new guitarist after the first one left due to not enjoying being a part of the band and wanting to pursue new projects. After finding an application to audition so the band could have a guitarist to finish up and tour in support of the debut album, she signed up, polished up her playing and started working on some new riffs, adding some technicality to the simple power chord lines while still having some pop appeal. She got the spot.

(someone else make the original founders of the band)

Appearance:
bandrp.jpg
just swap the eye and hair colors, artist was credited as moka 01

Name: Apollo Evergreen
Instrument: Bass

Personality: Apollo has a protective nature to him and is a great listener. He can be very intimidating, but is a big teddy bear deep down. He enjoys being around others but never wants to be the life of the party, unless it's something competitive. He can't turn down a good challenge and will push others around him to do the same. He is a big thrill seeker, and enjoys doing things that scare him. He likes seeing other people happy, one of his biggest joys is the smile on his band members faces. He likes to keep his own emotions in. The group has probably seem him punch a dude who got to grabby, or scare off some jerk, but Apollo rarely loses his temper. No one has ever seen him cry, or be generally scared, or topple over in laughter. He always has a calm cool collected way about him, even when performing his thrill seeking hobbies.

Influences: classical music, blues.

Other Info:
Is mute
He loves to write songs, but does not like sharing them
Amateur mechanic
Very athletic, he was a gymnast 12 years and it shows
Is actually very scared to talk to girls but hides it well. (at least tries too)

Backstory/why they’re in the band: As a teen Apollo was very active. He came from a moderately wealthy family with a pushy father. He was a gymnast his father pushing him for olympics. He started at nine like most little boys and would train 40 hours a week. Around 15 he was competing nationally. He would miss a lot of school events and did not make much time to spend with his friends. When he did get free time he would run off to watch local bands performer or practice himself. Still wanting to appease his father he did make it to the all american team but as a substitute then he quit. Well he ran away, never said goodbye to his father just leaving a note. He does not talk about home but he will say the band was the best decision for him. Playing his bass and feeling the energy from other bands has always made him happy, and if he was going to work his ass off he was going to be happy while doing it.

Appearance:
1592057398133.png 1592057416805.png

Secondary character
Name:Eric
1592080633343.png
Instrument: Singer/ guitarist (can play almost anything with a string)
Personality:
Stoic​
patient​
bossy​
standoffish​
Other Info: terrible performer fright.
Backstory/why they’re in the band: Their father is a producer and has managed an array of ppl. They want to take over the company but they needs to prove herself. They are starting off as booking agent for the band. they doesn't even use their surname, They have to rely on their own abilities not their father's reputation.

Last edited:
I tried to make a founding member, but if I messed anything up or was too vague, I'm super sorry! I just didn't know if there was a timeline for its founding date. I can scrap her or redo it if needed~
-------​
Name: Amelia Jordyn - 'A.J.'
Instrument: Percussion / all manner of drumming implements. She also plays bari-sax, with jazz and swing being a huge part of her musical tastes.

Personality: Smooth vibes forever. Easygoing, almost to the extreme. She's intelligent, friendly, and enjoys meeting new people and hearing their stories. It's almost a full 180 on stage, however, as she's a VERY animated musician when the curtains are up. She's plenty happy just so long as she gets to hold her sticks. A.J. hates being alone, and will gravitate to wherever her friends are or to wherever there are people in abundance. She also keeps an eye on her bandmates and worries if it seems like they're not eating or sleeping enough.

Influences: A.J. is heavily influenced by many genres, but is especially fond of big band (swing) rhythm percussion, pop-punk, reggaeton, and heavy metal themes. The list goes on.

Other Info:

• A.J. boasts some pretty green thumbs, and enjoys raising flowers.
  • Easily coerced with food.
  • Has a long list of exes across the gender spectrum, with her passion for music/the band having been the reason for every separation. People hate being in second place.
  • Tall, and loves hugs. Said hugs are rated E for everyone.

Backstory/why they’re in the band: The American foster system had been neither especially cruel nor especially kind, which naturally meant she traded hands rather often across the whole of NYC. She never minded it, though? Street performers all night every summer, musicians kicking it in the subway year round, and colors and lights for miles around. Despite not having had formal lessons, A.J. far exceeded peoples' expectations from fairly early on. It became a habit to visit with various street performers after school hours or even to skip class, most performers of whom were happy to give her tips and advice and even a few lessons of their own. By the time she aged out of the system, 18-year-old A.J. could make a beat out of practically anything.

Even after leaving New York, it used to be that she had to wait tables on top of performing on the street corners she loved so much just to keep some loose change in her pocket. After having met some like-minded musicians, she helped to form the first and only band she's ever been in. She does give percussion lessons to people on occasion, as well.

redd3.png

both are accepted. I'm assuming Apollo hides his fear of talking to girls with being mute, as you mentioned that. We now have the basics of the band in place, and there's still one last guy who mentioned wanting to join.
we have a k-pop vocalist, a harmonica, a potential rapper as the person never corrected me, a loli guitarist, a mute bassist who listens to completely different music, and an abandoned child who moved across the entire US for California's music scene or whatever. very diverse lmao, plus i can put down an extra name for the band

both are accepted. I'm assuming Apollo hides his fear of talking to girls with being mute, as you mentioned that. We now have the basics of the band in place, and there's still one last guy who mentioned wanting to join.
we have a k-pop vocalist, a harmonica, a potential rapper as the person never corrected me, a loli guitarist, a mute bassist who listens to completely different music, and an abandoned child who moved across the entire US for California's music scene or whatever. very diverse lmao, plus i can put down an extra name for the band
Quite the motley crew

harmonica's probably gonna be the hardest to fit in, because we'll be having a fairly normal track, swinging along, and then suddenly there's a harmonica just playing along. perhaps it could be between the rhythm and lead section. perhaps jeremiah could balance it with vocals unless the sixth guy shows up

harmonica's probably gonna be the hardest to fit in, because we'll be having a fairly normal track, swinging along, and then suddenly there's a harmonica just playing along. perhaps it could be between the rhythm and lead section. perhaps jeremiah could balance it with vocals unless the sixth guy shows up
Ill juggle where im needed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back