• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.
OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Other
Here
Aquilla- Ignis- Boutta do stuff she ain't ready for
The thermal mage nods to Pali. "M-Me?! W-Well I um... I would probably say a more subtle approach would be best. I could probably acquire and redirect the target myself without drawing attention to him. T-That is if your willing to let me do that." she was horribly nervous about her own opinion being voiced even looking to Soren for confirmation on her thoughts. She was never a confident girl but she was sure that the way they were going about the search was far from perfect. They needed more subtly, for without it the group would simply be avoided and people would become scared of them. .

Saffron
Saff Growled at the unknown factor. "Look, if you dont understand now then you wont understand later.I have a duty to preform so just stay out of it." she then turned to the ledge, grabbed her case and weapon. then she leapt. The Very wind obeying her command as a massive gust of wind softened her landing onto a roof of a building. one of which that provided a similar high ground to the tower but would provide her with a better angle on the conflict that she was watching before. immediately she would go prone and aim at the leg the one who she assumed was their leader. just as she was about to pull the trigger on the target she stopped. seeing the officer's approach the group. In response she would cover her scope to prevent the light from glancing off of it. and watch the situation unfold. "perhaps this may be easier with them locked up." she muttered to herself, now able to think without someone pestering her.

Quinn
Quinn Sighs "Earth Magic.... Well honed." she explains before turning the small disc into a rather large disc of rock but churning up more stone beneath her. she had to help when she could. it would bother her to abandon someone to the wilds. "Climb onto the plate. and dont lose your balance it would only slow us down if you do." she grumbled to the man. "As for payment... keep your money and just tell me what you know about Sanctus Heights."

Last edited:
Thea Nero - Court of Somnum - Vita City: Honeybadger B&B -
Endless Thundaza Endless Thundaza , Mystics Apprentice Mystics Apprentice

Nero took a couple of deep breaths while waiting at the entrance of the Honeybadger. She was not surprised with the few stares she got from clients of the stablishment or passersby in the streets for the spots of blood on her blouse. She needed a bath . . . and some relaxation. Maybe she could take that bottle from her suitcase and . . .The voice of the innkeeper brought her back to reality, she had unconsciously walked towards the front desk.

"Ah, yes. Sorry to cause such a scene, my good sir. I had an encounter with a group of ruffians and, well, I managed to escape, that's all that matters," Nero said using a slight northern accent.

She was going to use a different accent and behavior as means to fool the innkeeper. She turned her head to look at the entrance of the establishment, then looked at the inkeeper once more, her face having a small hint of worry. It would be better if no one here knew who they actually were. She just hoped that Mabel and Jynn had thought the same.

"Y-Yeah, I would like a room for the night," she said as she sighed, "A single bed room, if you would mind. My name is Viessa Iriel."

The Maestra would give the inkeeper the necessary amount of coin and would take her key to the room. She bowed and apologized once more before turning around, only to find Mabel and Jynn. Good, they managed to arrive safe. She carefully made her way to the couple.

"Ah, Miss Galiene, it is good to see you again, please excuse my current state," Nero said to Mabel, hoping she didn't used her real name while they were in the Honeybadger, "I had a horrible encounter with some thieves and I had to flee for my life. Mister Venas, you are looking quite handsome today. It's been ages since the last time we spoke. Would you like to come to my room and catch up for couple of hours? I'm sure there's a lot we can talk about."

- Diane Corbeau & Vala Hassan - Court of Umbra - Sanctus Heights: Elvenwind Lingerie Shop -
Stardustblade358 Stardustblade358 Mystics Apprentice Mystics Apprentice Scrapmaster Scrapmaster

Diane could see some emotions on Vincent's face. Guilt was the most obvious to her. He had been a little hard on Elia, but she could understand why. All signs pointed at the young girl. And they had been right, up to a certain point.

"I think that, at this point, you have earned the right to rest and remain at your father's side, Elia," Diane said, "we have put you through a lot this day, and I think you deserve it."

Elia looked surprised by the sudden change in Vincent's attitude, and that was understandable. She gave him a small silver key, one that, apparently opened the Lieutenant's home. Diane knew that Vala wouldn't mind if Elia stayed for the night, or until her father was awake. She had rooms to spare, after all.

"Come Elia, let's get you a room for yourself," Diane said before taking Elia's hand.

It wasn't hard to find an empty room. Most of them were empty, after all. Vala had a big house, which Diane always found strange, as she always lived alone, but it was a good for their current situation.

"Listen Elia, I am sorry you had to go through all of this, but don't worry, we will do our best to find this person and make sure he is brought to justice," she said as she stroke Elia's hair, "now sleep. I'm sure that you will feel better when you wake up. And thank you for trusting us with the key to your father's home."

The Lich slowly leaned forwards, giving Elia a slight kiss on her forehead before smiling. It felt as if time stopped for the Lich, Elia made her remember her beloved's little sister so much. With one last look, Diane left the room and went back to Vincent and Vlad.

"Alright, gentlemen, I think it's time for us to continue with our investigation."

--------------------

"Oh? Well, congratulations on your anniversary, sir. I can assure you that my wares are of the most highest quality you can find in and outside the city, " Vala said while smiling, "and I am humbled to hear that your wife has nothing but praise for my store."

The silver-haired woman bowed slightly, not taking her eyes away from the man. So he was the husband of a regular client, that was good to know. But she had many regulars, both normal and more eccentric ones, but she had never seen him before, unless she was not paying much attention at the time, or was busy with other thoughts.

"Well, to be fair, my dear, I normally do not most of the time because there are many people who attempt to bring fake checks in an attempt to obtain such high quality items," Vala said, tone never changing, "BUT for regular clients of the shop, well, that is a different story altogether."

- Incarose Vassar - Court of Ignis - Sanctus Heights: Cherry Babies -
Stardustblade358 Stardustblade358 Xion136 Xion136 Mystics Apprentice Mystics Apprentice

"U-Um . . . you see . . . this is something very important and . . ."

Incarose was still a little nervous about being in the establishment and so was not in the best state of mind at the moment. She turned back to Arun and leaned a little closer.

"Do you think we should insist? Or maybe wait until the . . . the performance is over?" Incarose asked Arun, "I think avoiding attracting unnecessary attention would be the wisest option."

- Arkane - Umbra Court - Vita City - Screw the police coming straight from the upper district -
Arkane would watch as Nero hurried away, leaving him alone with the remaining ruffians. He turned to the Ruffians. He seemed annoyed, his brow quivering. "Do you guys not know when to give up?" He muttered, only to feel his back bumping against the young man. The madlad actually remained behind to fight alongside them. "Outrun them...you should do that. That is what you were doing originally, were you not?" He asked, ready to pull out another card. As Ruffian #1 came to attack him, however, a whistle brought everyone to a halt. Arkane lifted his gaze to see the men on horseback, the rest of them on foot. Even one of the Ruffians ended up being knocked down. And god, that prick deserved it. Arkane glanced at the individual, raising a brow before sliding his card back into his deck and getting it away. He was not about to drop his weapons, which consisted of a deck of hards, his hairpin, and the flute. Instead he remained calm as he watched him inspect the dead body. Well, it seemed that they would be heading to the sheriff's office. He gestured with his hand. "Lead the way." He sighed, and off they went, Arkane walking next to the outskirt's young man. "You never told me your name." Arkane said. "Mine is Arkane."

- Vincent - Ignis Court - Sanctus Heights: Elvenwind Shop - The Investigation Continues -
Vincent glanced at Elia. "You are exhausted, and this has affected you more than we suspected. You should remain by your father's side, and watch over him." He rubbed his temples. "You were the culprit as my suspicions confirmed. However. You were not at the same time. You are a victim in all of this as the rest of Sanctus Heights." He looked at her and held the key tightly. "We will find out whoever did this. Maybe your father's books will give us the answer we seek." He turned to leave when he came to a halt at his name mentioned. He turned to her, hearing her thank him. That ached more than he wished to admit. Especially with that smile. He nodded. "I am sorry for the troubles I ended up dragging you along in this investigation." He admitted, turning to Diane and Vlad. "Come on, you two. Babbling Brook, number four, white with red door." He repeated, heading downstairs. He stepped out from the back, only to come to face a man with blue hair. He furrowed his brows and looked back at Vlad. "You can stay and question him if you wish...we really need to find these books." He whispered.

- Arun - Ignis Court - Sanctus Heights: Cherry Babies - w/ Incrarose -
Arun slooked at Incrarose. "We have to do this." He insisted as he at down. "My apologies for interrupting you. But we are currently investigating the automaton incident. Sources have warned us that a man with blue hair could be a suspect, which has led us to investigate and search for leads. You have blue hair...so..." Arun waved his hand. "We will be quick. May we ask where you were at the day of the incident?" He was not giving up easily. "The faster we get our answers the faster we can leave you alone to enjoy the establishment."

- Yael - Unaffiliated - Aeternalis - We came here to have a good time and we are feeling so attacked right now -
Yael was dancing with the young boy when things took a turn for the worse. He snapped his head at the massive boulder being thrown across the sky, and creatures coming from the forest. Yael instinctively picked Tim up and jumped out of harm's way, keeping a hold of him before pushing him behind him. "What the-" He looked back at Tim as the party had come to a terrifying halt. "Everyone hurry back! Get to shelter!" Yael yelled. He turned back to Tim. "Hurry to your mother and get to safety." He warned. He had eaten up more than his fill and now all of that energy was going to go to waste on these things...how annoying. Smoke covered him, and from it a black bull would surge from it. It stomped on the ground, running straight to one of the five creatures and trying to knock it back into the nearest tree. Guess they couldn't really have a day of fun, huh?

- Jari Coriander, Somnum Court, taking leave of Fiora and eavesdropping on Kagura's conversation with Absalom of the four elders -
Mystics Apprentice Mystics Apprentice Xion136 Xion136

The young fox boy glanced down to the three doors, curiously affixed to the room with the ornate door with the green throw rug at the mention of Kagura's and Elder Absalom's location, then turned back and nodded his thanks, face beaming.

"Yeah, we are of Somnum Court, and friends to boot. I don't mind waiting. Thank you very much, miss!" he replied, flashing her a smile before walking speedily down the hall.

She was certainly a nice lady, and Jari considered the possibility of rewarding her with a gift of his own make, though he wondered if it would be taken wrongly. Maybe instead he should leave a coin or two on his bed if he found out that she was housekeeping. However, he did leave his bed unmade due to Invidia, and that too reminded him of his situation. Slowing as he came close to the door and leaning with his back to the wall, Jari mulled over the situation, wondering what he should even think. His mind was swarming with ideas of which he could not make much sense.

He soon found out that he could hear through the elder's door the sounds of muffled conversation, and being a curious individual he brought his fuzzy fox earpiece and ear close to the wooden portal. It seemed that Kagura and the elder were still speaking. Glancing about, trying not to be caught by Fiora if she even dared to look back at him, and being very quiet, he attempted to listen in a little closer. It felt slightly wrong, and yet mostly right. Kagura was a friend, one of the truest he found. It would not matter what Kagura would say because it would not affect their friendship, right? . . . Right?

- Daruk Mordem, Ignis Court, settling down at Aeternalis with a nice picnic dance and--IS THAT A BOULDER?! -
Scrapmaster Scrapmaster Mystics Apprentice Mystics Apprentice Stardustblade358 Stardustblade358 Xion136 Xion136

Things were ending up very lovely initially. He was able to get his groove on, and music picked up, adding to the flavour of the atmosphere. People were smiling, dining, and engaging in fantastic conversation, but one spoilsport of an individual had to crash it by tossing herself into a tree and drawing a curtain of silence over the crowd. Daruk wondered what was happening, but he did not think too much of it. He had a dance to complete, and he was going to finish it.

And then one of his not-so-adoring fans lobbed a boulder at him, and he thought to himself, "What nerve!" as soon as he saw it. Unfortunately he saw it too late and was sent flying from his current position. Still clinging to the rock as it rolled over him, he fought to get his feet back beneath him and, when it did, stopped the boulder dead in its tracks through a combination of earth magic and physical strength. He was pretty bruised and bloodied up thanks to that boulder, and he only hoped that the collateral damage to the others would not be as bad.

Peering around the boulder and through the no-doubt panicking masses, he witnessed four -- no, five shapes come out from the very earth, all massive and covered in head to toe with what looked like woody vines. Those things tossed the boulder? Well, biggest fans or biggest enemies, he had a role to fulfill, and that was the preservation of the masses.

Resetting his position to one of gripping the boulder with incredible strength and focus, he raised the boulder over his head and, at a 45-degree angle, lobbed it at the massive titan in the direction where it was thrown in the first place at a speed higher than a train's typical rate: a whopping 62 miles per hour (100 kilometres per hour). An eye for an eye, a colossal rock for a colossal rock.

He did not stop there, however. Wreathing himself in a ring of flame that now spiralled around him, he launched himself into the air and rocketed toward the giant that Yael was rushing in the shape of a bull. He did not have his sword on his person, which frustrated him immensely. Since he did not have a blade, he resorted to what he knew best: setting things on fire. With one hand outstretched, he evoked a blaze that would be sent toward the titan's face. If the flame's hunger could overpower the water within the woody vines like he hoped, the titan would not have much of a head to contest him with for much longer.

- Pali Noirtier, Umbra Court, alongside Aquilla the Wise and Kolm the Abrupt and en route to the Elvenwind (and probably Soren?) -
HeartOfFerria HeartOfFerria Mystics Apprentice Mystics Apprentice Nero Kunivas Nero Kunivas

Looking between Aquilla and Kolm, the pale Umbra mage would look at least a little annoyed, and cast a threatening dark glance toward Kolm so that he did not speak more. In the end, after a few seconds of brooding thoughts, he conceded and said, "Lead the way, then," pointing the way to the Elvenwind with a half-open left hand. He looked over to Soren, beckoning him to join the group with an "Other Ignis mage, would you care to join us? We might benefit from your assistance."

((Not much is happening in Pali's department until reaching the Elvenwind, but since Aquilla is given leave to do things her own way I'll let HeartOfFerria HeartOfFerria lead.))

- Soren Monroe, Fractured Bulwark of Ignis - En Route to Elvenwind - HeartOfFerria HeartOfFerria Thanny Thanny Mystics Apprentice Mystics Apprentice

Soren watched quietly for some time, in silent disapproval of the seemingly mindless pursuit of anyone who bore so much as even a slight resemblance to the blue-haired man suspected of animating the Steel Dragon. It was only when his attention was drawn by one, quite timid Aquilla, that he nodded and spoke up in his typical deep, slightly modulated tones after taking a deep breath through his respirator.

"I agree. This approach of publicly interrogating every blue-haired youth we come across lacks subtlety, finesse and most of all: Dignity. We're not a goddamned inquisition, we're Court Mages with a reputation to uphold. You might not share my views on justice and honour, but you must understand that the simple fact of the matter is that people are wary of Court Mages at the best of times, in the wake of Vivifica's suspicious activities." Soren began initially toward Aquilla, then moved on to the other mages present, notably the Umbra Mage Pali Noirtier, speaking seriously and firmly with minimal gesturing with his hands.

"Vivifica has shaken the public's faith in Mages as a whole, and some still haven't forgiven us for not responding quickly enough to the Steel Dragon Massacre. Right now, the time calls for us to be as diligent but also as respectful and fair as possible. It may seem tenuous to some of you, but the more people we alienate by pulling them aside and shouting at them without anything to go off of aside from their hair, the less the general public will trust us and when that trust dries up...I need not tell you what happens next. As a member of Ignis, it is my duty to put the needs of the people above my own and I will see it through, as will Aquilla." Soren elaborated carefully, but firmly, then gestured to the shy Ignis mage respectfully.

"Though she may appear reticent and, mousy, she has the heart of an Ignis. Her suggestion should be considered as it comes from the right place." Soren would then conclude with:

"Regardless of what method you employ however, I will join you. But be prepared to face the consequences should you stay your current course. Now, let us be away."

- Eleanor Le Doux, Fierce Shadow, Umbra - Caravan Party, Vita City - Mystics Apprentice Mystics Apprentice Elrandir Elrandir Stardustblade358 Stardustblade358

The sudden arrival of the authorities startled Eleanor, shaking whatever traces of the berserker rage of the Umbran Madness that might have been surfacing back into the darkest recesses of her soul. The Fierce Shadow would sheathe her blades as it seemed the threat of the Ruffians was all but ended, to her relief and yet, disappointment, as it hadn't really been much of a fight in the first place. She shrugged, waiting for instruction or the next move made.

"Took the police long enough...surely anyone could've heard this brawl by the screams alone from ten miles away?" Eleanor thought to herself, folding her arms.

- Laguna, the Maelstrom, Somnum - Skies above Aeternalis - Mystics Apprentice Mystics Apprentice Scrapmaster Scrapmaster Thanny Thanny Xion136 Xion136 RikuXIII RikuXIII Stardustblade358 Stardustblade358

Laguna remained in the skies above Aeternalis, their Dark Reflection hovering alongside them in a similarly meditative pose, though it was clear they were still very intent on conversing with their true self.

"Silent treatment, hmm? How boring..." The spirit uttered in disappointment, letting out a sigh of boredom at the seemingly stoic Laguna, shaking their head, twiddling their thumbs, rocking side to side a little and generally acting restless. All was quiet until--

"OH COME ON! WHO ARE YOU TO IGNORE ME, LAGUNA?! I'M YOU, DAMN IT. THE SHADOW, THE TRUE SELF AND ALL THAT, YEAH? DON'T YOU WANT TO ANSWER MY QUESTIONS ANYMORE?!"

"...are you done playacting? You and I are not alike, but even I can tell a bad actor when I see one."

"Pfft, it was worth a shot. I've never been good at the whole "Angry Doppelganger" shtick. But I wasn't lying about one part: I'm not a fan of being ignored."

"Get used to it, Spirit. I'm done entertaining you."

"Maybe you are. But you'll never be done with the past. Even if I fade away and your mind quiets, your legacy will continue to haunt you."

"*Growls* Legacy, legacy, legacy! Why do you keep SAYING that?!"

"Ooh, definitely touched a nerve! Hahahaha..."

"Answer me!"

"Can't. There's trouble down below." The reflection then pointed below the cloudline and the still angry Laguna was shocked by what they saw: Forest Titans, attacking Aeternalis.

"That's...that's impossible! Those beings haven't been seen in centuries! ...I have to get down there!" Laguna took hold of Mjolnir and with a booming rumble of thunder, they sharply descended from the skies towards one of the Forest Titans, one that wasn't being attacked yet, spinning Mjolnir as it charged with electricity and with a mighty battle cry, charged straight into the Titan's chest, smashing down Mjolnir at the moment of impact and striking the tree beast with a powerful bolt of Lightning at the same time.

From here, Laguna would repeatedly smash and whack the Titan's chest to try and reach its heart as quickly as possible with their hammer. This was an effort to kill it as quickly as possible, but unknown to others, also an attempt to vent their frustrations out on the nearest thing possible and as a result a few crackles of Crimson Lightning were forming around Laguna.

(Gabriel is sitting things out for this post until further developments. Don't know what's going on with Ronin either, so he can wait too. But now...)

- Merrymaker, The Jokesmith, Somnum Court - Wandering the Land...conveniently, towards Aeternalis -

In the distance, far beyond what the eye could see, wandered a masked man. A masked man who waltzed with a spring in his step across the land, flipping a coin in an idle hand as he moved in whatever direction he felt was right, wherever he felt...called, as it were. A particularly eccentric Somnum Mage was nearing the City of Everlasting Dreams, one who sought to bring joy to the hearts of his friends, pain and misery to his enemies and a little bit of the latter to his friends too, if only for the fun of gauging their reactions. The Jester, the Jokesmith, the Merrymaker of Somnum hearkened to the skyline of said dreamy city and said:

"Aeternalis...how monumentally, stupendously, wonderfully, phenomenally dreary." His voice was in wonder, excitement and joyful, until the very last word, where he suddenly snapped into boredom, in contrast to his swaying, dramatic gestures and booming voice prior, afterwards he let out a sigh and rubbed the back of his neck. "Of all the places the Merrymaker is called, I am brought to this dismal place? Ho-hum. Tck, well there's nothing for it, like I always said: Follow your heart, you make the art."

The Merrymaker then produced a Jack-in-the-box seemingly out of nowhere, winding it in an absent-minded fashion while eyeing the horizon. "Alas, perhaps I am growing blind as the years get on, but I just cannot see how I can make, from this godsforsaken, joyless land, anything resembling--" His eyes widened when something actually wonderful caught his gaze...a being so unforgivably rare it beggared belief when he saw one, nay, five Forest Titans, assaulting the city of Aeternalis and putting innocents in danger! As a smile cracked underneath his mouth and nose covering mask, his Jack-in-the-box popped, revealing a smaller scale version of himself doing a dance as he uttered with satisfaction: "Art."

Throwing away the Box and laughing happily, he set off at inhuman speeds towards the Forest Titans, all without touching the ground as he hovered along, bopping up and down wildly, as it was the nature of his powers. For the sake of easing his boredom and protecting the innocent: The Merrymaker would jump at the call! To, raze Forest Titans to the ground. Not exactly world-saving, but it would do.

Last edited:
- Pali Noirtier, Umbra Court, thinking "Oh, great, another idealist" -

Pali glared malignantly at the accusatory Ignis mage, wondering when, if ever, he would silence himself. What was with these latest generations and talking up a storm? Pali did not have much patience to share as he did, and quickly found his patience degenerating in their presence. That was the last time he dared to seek out assistance from an Ignis mage, especially one that was such a know-it-all.

"Hnh, and my suggestion would be to keep your personal opinions to yourself, garrulous Ignis. Maybe once you stick to facts and do what actions you can, you'll go farther than weak self-justification and oral promises of duty to the public. But, as the young ones say, you do you. I'll follow and observe your methods. Sigebart? Go home."

The man turned Thriller zombie went off down the streets, but whether it was walking to the Umbra Court, be teleported to it within close proximity, or going to his wife and child was left to be determined.

It is true that my methods do not take the public into consideration, Pali thought inwardly, but what difference is there between corpses and people but aspirations and the ability to fear? I could do the world a tremendous service if it were culled and turned to unliving slaves, but Lev would not want it that way. For her sake, I will suffer all this and more besides to become more worthy of such a blessing as Lev, but not for you, Ignis mage.

Last edited:
Luka- The process over time
Quiet and Somber were the nights after Luka’s return from the mountain. Nights she spent under the moonlight in an open air laboratory, one she had request some years ago. She would spend time here with her gaze upon the soft glowing sands being sifted through a small device that looked similar to an hourglass placed overtop a strainer. Dark rings would form under the pale girls eyes. Should would grow more ragged. Notes would begin filling a thick book bound in red leather. A fair amount of ruby dust coated the book allowing it to float and follow her as she thought and paced on the nights she was stumped in her plans.

She would begin merging the minerals after a couple more more moons of research and planning by supercharging the minerals with her Lightning magic. heating them up over time and then shattering the creation using extremely potent vibrations. Before repeating the entire process in an attempt to synthesize the crystals into one. She slowly would begin to merge the Viela and Itika into a singular and new creation.

Her eyes on the black gloscan that Wacko had shown her as a warning. She took in a deeper breath. Her eyes flashing to her training in her arts.Her fingers stiffened with focus. “Nothing but perfection..” she would mutter as if a mantra. In her mind it was all eyes on her. Prodigy her mother would call her. Masterful says her father. Even the professor gave her this chance. This was the culmination. Her chance to prove herself to the Maestra. Her chance to stand above them all. She seemed aggressively determined but not angry. “Maybe I dont understand people.. but I understand magic, i understand the science...” her eyes continued to lay bare upon the Gloscan of black sheen. Nearly obsidian in her eyes. her eye, red like blood rubies would then burn with a determination Before she would grab the crystal and create another station with her tools.

Her magic would pulse and powder the gem into a dust that began to float in a halo around her head. She would siphon off another chunk of her itika she was granted and add it to the halo before the sands would pour itself into the contraption. Her book pages would then flip to a small added text on her necromancy research. Her eyes skimmed the information on how some necromancers viewed blood as the purest form of mana a mage could exhibit from their body. She gave a small huff before searching through her tools and grabbing a scalpel. She would then purposefully grip the blade in her hand as tight as she could bare. Afterwards she would raise her hand over the device, her fingers angled downward allowing the crimson liquid to drip into the dust. She would then use her water magic to force the sand to mix with the blood. As it poured into the tray arcs of lightning would streak through the materials.

This process would continue until Luka would fall asleep in her chair once again. Her magic burned up from the proximity to the black gloscan and the itika. What resulted was a crystal as clear as ice standing tall in the shape of a pyramid, one black as coal with speckles of red resting in a rhombic shape, and one as dazzling as an opal in the shape of a cube. Each radiated magic in its own way and their capabilities would be tested further. But for now she would allow the cold air and moonlit sky to rest upon her sleeping form.

Last edited:
Jynn Venas, Vivifica - Vita City, Honeybadger B&B

Mabel quietly leads Jynn out of the room, apologizing about the whole scenario, as well as wondering about the conversation between Elante and him. Perhaps now was not a good idea to bring Caelum up to her. She was upset, and rightfully so, and telling her about him won’t make the situation better. Not only that, Elante seem to imply that he might have a different identity.

Jynn was quick to answer Mabel. “She just told me how happy she was to see you again, as well as mentioning the guilt she feels...” Jynn talked as if Elante said nothing more to him.

Mabel suddenly grabs his shirt, warning him that Nero was hurt. “What?! How bad?!” He looks over to the maestra, who’s blouse was stained with her blood. Blood, being organic matter, was definitely detected by Jynn as well. Nero talks to the two with a guise, offering to converse in her room. Jynn nods. “Yes. But you also need some cleaning up and rest first and foremost.”

He turns to Mabel, remembering her code name. “Blaise, we need to get her to her room so she can heal.”

- Vlad - Somnus Mage - Elvenwind shop -

Vlad watched as Vincent and Diane came to their own conclusions, good thing Vincent didn't try to arrest him for supposedly being a 'vessel' but then again what would Vincent do? throw things at him? It didn't really matter now. "Wait a second, you've been treating like a criminal and dragging her around against her will up until now, you could apologize for all that" Vlad suggested, but his suggest, as it normaly does, fell on deaf ears as Vincent quickly left

Diane quickly came back and told them it was time to continue the investigation. "right, right. The Least I can do is check out these books, I can access the librabry of Sanctus with ease, maybe there are some there". Vlad sugggested, before starting to head out as well. Quickly noticing the blue haired man who had just entered the Elvenwind shop. Staying silent as he waited for the others to follow.

Mystics Apprentice Mystics Apprentice Elrandir Elrandir Stardustblade358 Stardustblade358

- Henry Heid - Ignis's Sun - Fight at aeternalis -

The feast was going smoothly, that was good, even though Makoto came up to him, asking him if he found it any weird with how the priestess was treated. "Now that you mention i-" Henry quickly snapped to action as a vine began to coil around his and Makoto's feet, "watch out!" Henry spoke, in a swift motion he summoned his sword and cut through the vines with a heated sword, and promptly cutting the ones attempting to grab Makoto.

"What's going on? Wait a minute" Henry asked out as he noticed what they were up against
"Forest Titans?! I thought they were a myth!" Henry exclaimed in surprised, but quickly gaining his composure. "Makoto, stand back, the people can't see the priestess fight". Henry spoke as he extended a hand in gesture for her to keep back.

"Protect the civilians!" Henry exclaimed

Henry did exactly that, throwing his hammer over one of the Titans, whose hands were about to smash a crowd of civilians, should it hit the hammer would explode with a big impact and possibly knocking it's arm away, or off entirely. The same Titan would be sieged by Henry as he would break out into a spring, hammer in one hand and sword in the other as he used sunlight magic to boost his speed and dash and jump at a wall, closing the distance to the titan as Henry would finish the movement with a charged sword slash, which would send a fiery wave of sunlight magic, possibly incinerating whatever parts of the titan it landed on. While Henry would land in front of the crowd of civilians who were running away from the Titan.

"RUN!" Henry shouted, standing bravely between the titan and the civilians who had begun to run away from the scene, to ensure they weren't hurt or killed. Taking a defensive stance for the Titan's recovery and next attack.

Mystics Apprentice Mystics Apprentice Nero Kunivas Nero Kunivas RikuXIII RikuXIII Xion136 Xion136

Mystics Apprentice Mystics Apprentice

"Oh..." Henry's expression would grimace somewhat as the elder told of his daughter's passing, now he regretted asking. "I am so sorry" He apologized for likely no reason. "it's just that there are so many stories about my mother, about her court days, being one of the officials of the courts, I am always interested in knowing more about her".

The elder was quick to change the topic of conversation though, teasing him about the priestess and how she looked at him. This, obviously, made Henry blush red for a few seconds as he tried to wave it off. "I-I-Uh-" He stuttered, he then took a deep breath. "I...wouldn't say I am courting her...we're just friends, the priestess hardly ever leaves the citadel, so I take it upon myself to accompany her wherever she is able to travel". Henry gave the best excuse he could to the elder.

"But it is as you say, sadly I must go to the feast, my allies are waiting for me. Where can I find you? there is so much I want to ask you!" Henry asked the elder.

- Arno Cross - "Mack" - Dealings with The Rat of Vita City -

Arno stood silent, walking over to a nearby wall and leaning against it, without uttering any much than a word as he pulled out a cigarette, lit it up and began to smoke it, dealing with the Rat and it's kind always left him tense, and when he was tense his nerves would start acting up, which caused him literally physical pain, it began with a slight tension in his eyes, then veins would start showing up around the sides of his faces, trailing his eyes, this condition was something he dealt with for many years, it wasn't something he really disclosed to anyone, so Tibarn and Gabriel probably never knew of it. But anything that can alleviate nerves and numb pain like smoking and drinking were Arno's ways of medicating himself. This came with a small benefit however, the more concentrated he was the faster his reflexes would get, his aim would get better and his control over his own magic would increase slightly, but too much pressure on his nerves could possibly pop blood vessels, or give him a heart attack. He was never quite sure when he developed this, but it may have came from his years as a gang member.

Meanwhile as Arno went to the corner The Rat looked at Vaike, his oily and decrepit old man look much to anyone's dismay. He laughed, amused at Vaike's question. "Mages come and go throughout Vita City all the time, every day, every hour, all seen by me of course, but what makes you think the aren't others that fit the description of your little "target?". The Rat asked, his voice strained and old, but the old man still had many years ahead on him.

With a wave of his hand, what seemed like a small colony of rats began to scurry about, going through small holes in the walls and corners, they seemed to be on the hundred if one stopped to measure.

"I will find your girl for you, i will contact you when I do, hehe." The Rat spoke in a raspy tone. "Don't worry about how...".

"And since It is Mack, who is cashing in a favor, none of you will need to pay me." The Rat spoke, slowly gesturing with his elderly hand.

Last edited:
{Anya Alighieri – Ignis Court: Sanctus Heights; Streets}
Anya at first seemed taken aback by Shiroo's hostile tone and words. It faded as the younger mage continued on, replaced by crossed arms and a somewhat stern expression. SHe understood Shiroo's position all too well. Years in Ignis Court and her adventures before that had shown her many tragedies. If you weren't careful, they could weigh you down. Dragging down one's gaze to the muck, away from the stars overhead.
"Hold on, boy." Anya said firmly. "First, there is something to fix here. Namely, this."
As she spoke the final sentence, she reached out and tapped Shiroo's temple.
"These people need hope as well, and look to us for it. That dance you witnessed seems to have given a bit of that hope to them. That's what they and you need to hold on to. No, we can't fix their city or lives to be the same it was before. But that doesn't mean it can't be good again."
Anya placed a hand on the young mage's shoulder, giving him a softer look.
"Just hold on a bit more, soldier. Help is coming. And we'll make sure these people have a chance to keep going."

{Gerik Lockford - Umbra Court: Aeternalis}
"Oh, you know how it is." Gerik replied to Daruk while he picked at his salad. "You try to encourage the best in them while ensuring the worse doesn't become problematic. Sometimes it works. Other times, not so much."
THe Umbral Maester considered pushing for more info on Henry, but the call of the dance seemed too alluring for his esteemed colleague to ignore, even leading Daruk to calling for Gerik to join him. Gerik gave the dance floor a blank look for a moment before shrugging off his coat. As he hung it on his seat, he pulled a palm sized stone from a pocket. He rubbed it with a thumb a couple of times until a shadowy rune appeared on it. Placing it carefully in his seat first, the Umbral Maester sauntered onto the dance floor. He took a moment, tapping his foot to the rhythm for a few beats before starting to dance.

His dancing was cut short by something ancient trying to kill people. As debris hurtled towards the Umbral Maester, he smirked.
Ah. The ugly truth behind the beautiful facade.
He snapped his fingers before the bits of masonry and stone could hit him, switching places with the runed stone he had left behind. The sonte was swept along with the debris while Gerik himself was left standing by the tables, one foot resting on his former seat.
"Fascinating." He remarked as he twirled his coat up and donned it in a smooth, easy movement. "Ancient magics, at a time like this."
Following Henry's cries to protect the civilians, Gerik snapped his fingers to conjure a barrier of dark matter between the elementals and a group of the frightened populace.
"Here me, ancient masters of root and branch!" He called out, magically amplifying his voice to boom over the impromptu battlefield. "Cease your attacks and speak with us! If we have done you wrong, then tell us our crimes so that we may amend them. Or, continue as you are and my compatriots"
he paused to indicate Laguna and Mjolnir
"will keep responding in kind."

Aquilla
The horribly nervous girl would hold a small smile on her face for a moment before nodding to Pali. “A-Alright then we should head to this E-Elvenwind and scout out the place like normal people before apprehending the target for questioning. Things should be kept quiet and away from the public’s eye as to not start active rumors or worry. We are trying to minimize upset. Not maximize it.” Aquilla progressively seemed to gain confidence as she explained one last time in the best detail she could. “We already know who we are l-looking for too right? So after this target it may be best to split into parties of two or three as to maximize area coverage while remaining far more discrete about the operation.” She then realized a glaring problem. “P-Pali do you know where Elvenwind is?” It might be clear to some by the way she spoke of the place that she had no clue what Elvenwind was.

–Vita City–
Stardustblade358 Stardustblade358 , Nero Kunivas Nero Kunivas

(Eleanor, Arkane)

A mirthless laugh escaped from the Outskirts man's throat. "Well, you can clearly see why I had been running, can't you? They would have skinned me alive."

Their conversation was abruptly interrupted as a woman with blond braids strode over to them. She slapped a pair of silver handcuffs on both the mage and the youth, before moving toward Eleanor to do the same, if she allowed it.

The remaining ruffians put up little protest, perhaps because they didn't wish to meet the same fate as their fallen friend. The Outskirts youth's steps fell in line with those leading the way, a pair of Vita City officers behind them to ensure that Arkane and the lad didn't stray away. He brought his handcuffed hands up to brush loose long locks from his face. "My name is Kiran," he said in response to Arkane's inquiry. "It would've been nicer to meet you under better circumstances, but I suppose these will have to do."

The walk to the station was not a particularly long one. The building was made of bricks. What it lacked in height was made up for in width. The building was quite expansive, and yet few windows were visible from the outside. One of the officers escorted them all inside the building, at last coming upon Arkane and Kiran. He frowned down his nose at the pair.

"Seeing as you all tried to kill each other in the streets, I assume it would be unwise to lock you up all together?" he inquired, a hint of sarcasm in his tone.

Vita City: Honeybadger B&B
Endless Thundaza Endless Thundaza , Elrandir Elrandir

(Jynn, Nero)

Mabel's expression was mixed with horror and indifference as Nero approached the couple, in-character and chatting as though the dynamic of their relationship was vastly different. Biting back a retort, Mabel merely nodded at Jynn's suggestion, in agreement that getting Nero to her room was in their best interest. Wrapping one of Jynn's arms in hers, and Nero's in another, she would allow Nero to guide her in the direction of her newly assigned room.

Once inside, Mabel would close the door behind them, before whirling around and leaning against it, aghast.

"What in the world happened out there?" she demanded. "Why is your chest bleeding, and where is Arkane and Eleanor? Are they hurt?"

–Vita City: Rat's Hideout–
Scrapmaster Scrapmaster , Nero Kunivas Nero Kunivas

(Gabriel, Arno)

Vaike hesitated, eyes locking onto the Rat as though trying to read the wisened man. He felt that he was speaking in code, though what he was truly asking of Vaike flew over his head. Instead of answer, he instead extended his hand toward the Rat's in a handshake. "You have my gratitude," was his response, before pausing and adding: "As for my target, I think you will know her when you see her."

He didn't choose to elaborate, however, and instead turned to face Arno and the others. "Well, shall we peruse around town in the meantime? Grab a bite to eat?" He offered a wink in the bounty hunters' directions. "I'll even pay up."

The seer didn't seem to notice that Arno was suffering. From the corner of Tibarn's eye he'd noticed that Arno was acting uncharacteristically, though knew better than to inquire in this particular setting. Perhaps he would add it to his growing tally of questions for the man later, when there came an opportune time to actually ask questions in a private setting–something that seldom happened for the two in the present day. Instead, Tibarn offered the Rat a salute.

"Well, it was nice meeting you, thanks for the help," Tibarn proffered, before making a motion toward the stairs, though he wouldn't leave until Arno took the lead. He'd become the appointed unspoken leader. How this came to be, even Tibarn was uncertain.

- Arkane - Umbra Court - Vita City - Screw the police coming straight from the upper district -
Silver cuffs were placed on their wrists before they were pulled along. Arkane followed, merely staring down at the cuffs. These alone were worth money from the material they were made, but smartly done. Silver was a common material used against magic and other constructs. Not for all, but for many. The Umbra mage kept his head high, glancing at the man. "Yes. It would appear so." He said, glancing back at the ruffians that had been brought up with them. At least they would get punished as well. If they knew what was good for them they would tell the truth, take the blame, and be happy with it rather than to risk dealing with the consequences of such. They arrived, and Arkane would look up at the man before gesturing to the ruffians on the other side. "Oh I do not mind being locked up together. I do have some things I wish to discuss with the lot while you process us." He mused. Though he doubted they would want to be anywhere near him. And by that of course he meant scolding, terrorizing, and reminding the ruffians that they were the ones who threw the first punch and gosh darn it they should be the ones in here not them. That their friend's death was what came at them and that they were definitely next. At least, that is what it would appear to be. Whether he would actually do it or not what something else all together. He snapped his head at the group. "They were the ones who threw the first fist, after all."

Mystics Apprentice Mystics Apprentice

What was Arkane's and Eleanor's current situation, Nero wondered. She had left him and Eleanor behind, but Arkane was right. If everyone was busy with the authorities then who would take care of Mabel. The heir of Vivifica was in no condition to do so. Upon reaching the assigned room Mabel asked Nero what had happened.

"The ruffians were a bit interesting in claiming me as their property, but I belong to no one. I am sure they realized that a little bit too late," Nero answered as she unbuttoned part of her blouse and began to fully heal her wound, "let's just say that they should have retreated once they realized we were mages, but they didn't. Men and their wounded pride."

Nero looked between Mabel and Jynn for a moment.

" Arkane and Eleanor should have been taken by the authorities. They were arriving, and I had planned to stay, but Arkane suggested for me to stay with you in order to protect you. The whole situation was self defense so they shouldn't be in troubles. That's what I hope, at least. But what about you two? You were not followed, right? You have been using fake names to try to blend with the people. We do not want unwanted attention, after all."

- Eleanor Le Doux, Fierce Shadow, Umbra - Vita City - Mystics Apprentice Mystics Apprentice Stardustblade358 Stardustblade358

While Eleanor was initially relieved when the authorities had arrived, her calm was soon supplanted by surprise and irritation as a blonde officer motioned to arrest her, Arkane and one of the youths. The only thing she could say was a completely deadpan: "Are you kidding me?" and a sigh as she had to accept the arrest without protest. Arkane and Eleanor having to be arrested in the first place would look bad enough, never mind resisting.

Eleanor would however resist any attempts to force her along with a curt: "If you don't mind." as she would just follow the officers to the station of her own will. Once they arrived, one officer in particular decided to be funny...needless to say, Eleanor was in no mood.

"Keep your wit to yourself and just get on with it. You'll find that they attacked us first...and what, we're not allowed to protect ourselves when beset by bandits in the streets? What a world we live in." Eleanor's tone was nothing short of scathing yet it was strangely bereft of energy and was cold overall. That's because she was working hard to mentally suppress her rage at this humiliating and offensive situation, but it meant Eleanor's words would sound more dismissive and strangely aggressive than she had meant.

Jynn Venas. Vivifica-Honeybadger B&B

Mystics Apprentice Mystics Apprentice Elrandir Elrandir

As Mable shuts the door after leading Jynn and Nero into the Maestra’s room. As Nero begins healing herself, she exclaims that the ruffians were persistent, claiming that the maestra was their “property”. Jynn sighs. “What scums.......” But then Nero claims that they should’ve retreated, but they didn’t, until it was “too late”. Jynn pauses, widening his eyes. “.........What?”

As the Somnum Maestra continues, Jynn starts to get a little agitated. “Wait, WHAT?! They’re arrested?! Why on earth would they arrest Arkane and Eleanor?! We were the ones being atta........” Jynn pauses once again, but this time, anger begins to fill his eyes. “......WHAT .....DID .....YOU .....DO?! Did you guys kill one of the ruffians?!”

Mystics Apprentice Mystics Apprentice Endless Thundaza Endless Thundaza

"It is the most logical thing to do, Mister Venas. A scene was being made and, without a cleat picture, the authorities need to take suspects to jail," Nero answered, " as for your other question. Yes. A life was taken in the middle of combat. But I am sure you are aware that that was the result of not heeding our warnings."

Nero could see the change in Jynn. Ah yes, anger. A quite expected emotion.

"I would suggest to calm down, Mister Venas. What happened could have been avoided if the ruffians had just given up. Nevertheless, that was not the case and one of them died," Nero said calmly, "he made a poor choice, and he paid with his life because of that"

Jynn Venas, Vivifica - Honeybadger B&B

Mystics Apprentice Mystics Apprentice Elrandir Elrandir

Jynn becomes even more angry when Nero tries to remind him that this was the result of him not heeding her warnings early. “Oh ho don’t you fucking dare. DON’T YOU FUCKING DARE PUT YOUR ACTIONS ON ME!” He takes a step forward towards the maestra. “I may have recommended fighting them off, but YOU are the one who made the choice to kill one of them, I did not! YOU CHOSE to kill him! I trusted you because I thought you could handle it like a civilized mage, but boy was I wrong! I can think of three ways you could’ve handled the situation! You could’ve lured them to the sheriff’s office, sent someone there while you were holding off the ruffians, or you could’ve subdued them and called the sheriff! If murdering someone is your definition of ‘justice’, then I question why you are a maestra.”

He clenches his fists. “You know why Arkane and Eleanor may be in custody? Because you took someone’s life! Because of your foolish actions, we possibly lost two mages, which, may I remind you, both of them are not even members of your court!” He starts to back away towards the door, placing his hand on the knob, it almost looked like he was ready to break the door in two. “And ‘calm down’? Oh ho, I’m sure you’ll find it a little difficult for me to do nowadays, being a Vivifica mage and all! Unlike you, because of my court affiliation, I’ll be labeled as a criminal wherever I go! And in turn, nobody will put any trust in me, especially now that I’m blind! I’m sure in your eyes, I am useless now!”

He takes a pause before angrily opening the door and closing it behind him, leaving Nero and Mabel alone. Putting his hand on the rail, he carefully works his way downstairs to the lobby to sit and vent.

Last edited:
- Arno Cross - The Rat's hideout - VIta City -

The dealing with The Rat went as well as one could expect, and as repulsive of a wretch The Rat was he always kept his word and always repaid favors. Arno kept watch over the whole thing as Vaike shook the old man's hand, he wasted no time in moving back and asking to leave, Arno stopped leaning against the corner and began walking back the way they came, motioning for Vaike and Tibarn to follow him, as The Rat simply motioned for his bodyguards to allow them to pass.

"Don't like dealing with him" Arno commented on his way up the stairs back to the surface. It was true, he never really liked The Rat, but he had to make use of his connections from time to time.

It didn't take them long to finally get back to the barbershop, where a few knocks on the door prompted the barber to open the door and greet them with a bow, his twirly mustached face was enough to make anyone wince. Arno gave him a nod as the man allowed them to leave, doors closing in behind them, as they were now on the streets of the poor area of Vita city.
"The Rat will find her, he hasn't failed before..." Arno spoke with a blank tone. "He usually asks for things in return, but that's what favors are for." He added.

"Doesn't mean we can't search for her ourselves, however." Arno relayed them the options. "If she is in this town she's most likely spending the night here. So we can plan."

Mystics Apprentice Mystics Apprentice Nero Kunivas Nero Kunivas

Last edited:
–Sanctus Heights: Grand Cathedral–
Thanny Thanny , Xion136 Xion136

(Jari and Kagura)

From outside the door, it was plausible that Jari could hear the conversation within, as Elder Absalom inquired as to whether Kagura would be interested in staying in Sanctus Heights full time. He continued to sit in bed regally, awaiting the young Somnum mage's response.

–Sanctus Heights: Streets–
HeartOfFerria HeartOfFerria , Thanny Thanny , Nero Kunivas Nero Kunivas
(Aquilla, Pali, and Soren)

Kolm cowered under Pali's scrutinous gaze. It seemed that he displeased the renowned Umbra mage, which was probably not going to earn him any points with the seniors of the Four Courts if Pali spread word about him. He bit the inside of his cheek as he watched Soren and Pali at odds with one another, not daring himself to speak up or, heaven forbid, take a side. Eventually he moved toward Aquilla and gave a gentle tug on her elbow. "I can take us to the Elvenwind, if that is what you wish," he murmured to her, aqua eyes eventually rising to meet hers. "Just say the word and I will do as you ask."

–Sanctus Heights: Elvenwind, the Exotic Wares Shop–
Stardustblade358 Stardustblade358 , Elrandir Elrandir , Scrapmaster Scrapmaster
(Vincent, Diane, Vlad)

Elia couldn't help but fall into a state of ease around Diane. She felt as though it were her older sister at her side, tucking her in and stroking her hair. She rolled onto her side, eyelids drooping before she could even utter a "thank you" to the lich. Silently she reminded herself that she would have to do something to repay Diane once this was all said and done. As her lips moved to form words, she'd realized that Diane was already gone, and before long Elia had drifted off into a restful slumber within one of the many spare bedrooms that the Elvenwind had to offer.

---------

Vala's blue-haired customer locked eyes on the shopkeeper, his dark pupil less eyes boring into hers. "I wouldn't ask you to break policy," he said, waving a hand nonchalantly as he returned a gown to the rack. Instead he brought over a different silken robe, black and well-made. He placed it on the counter between them, while summoning a coin pouch from his pocket and sifting through it.

"I have coin aplenty for this," he reassured Vala. "My larger purchase will just have to wait for another time, until I am able to visit the bank."

While Vala would ring up his purchase he'd glance around the shop idly, noticing from behind a rack the emergence of the mages from the back room.
Subtly he shifted slightly, so that his back would be facing toward them, bringing his attention back toward Vala casually. "Have you seen Central Square lately? Quite the tragedy. It used to be filled with children, and now it is practically a ghost town with ruin and decay." He paused a moment, never taking his eyes off the woman as he further continued, "It does make you wonder, doesn't it, how this all occurred moments after Ignis arrived? Call it what you will: fate, coincidence, but I find it suspicious.

"How has it affected business for you?" he inquired, on a slightly cheerier note.

If Vlad, Vincent, and Diane proceeded to pursue the lieutenant's home, it would be very much as Elia depicted: easy to find, stark-white with forest-green shutters and a red door. It was a rather picturesque home in a wealthy part of town. The neighbor's dog would bark as they would approach the building, but the dog was indoors and no one seemed to be home to attend the dog's cries. If the key was tested, they would be easily granted entrance to the home.

A foyer with a fifteen-foot ceiling would greet them, a chandelier hanging above their heads. A coat rack stood on one corner, with shoes lined neatly in front of some kind of closet. In the distance, at least a room or two away, a pair of glowing eyes turned to glance their way.

–Sanctus Heights: Cherry Babies–
Elrandir Elrandir , Stardustblade358 Stardustblade358 , Xion136 Xion136

(Incarose, Arun, Saber's NPCs)

The blue-haired man seemed to be ignoring Incarose as she stuttered about the situation being of importance. Arun's persistence, however, was harder to ignore.

The man sighed irritably, jaw clenched as he jerked his head to glance at the male Ignis Mage. "So you are telling me," he muttered, voice low and dark, "that because of my hair color, you are singling me out in the middle of an adult's club, during a performance that I paid to see, and that this cannot wait even a minute longer?" He paused, studying Arun's reaction before laughing in Arun's face. "Sorry, but no. I don't have a minute to spare, and if you'll excuse me I've already wasted enough of my precious time listening to your babble. Good day."

He shifted in his seat so that his back was to Arun and Incarose, taking a long drag of his alcoholic beverage. The man entirely ignored Arun's questions to aid in the investigation, and seemed entirely disinterested in engaging them any further. Whoops and cheers could be heard from around them; it seemed that the Cherry Babies was getting even louder. The waitress shuffled from table to table, exchanging empty drinks with filled ones, and swiping tips off the tables. As she pocketed some newly earned coin she glanced in Arun and Incarose's direction, though seeing as they were not seated she didn't think to offer them anything, and thus moved on to the next table.

–Sanctus Heights: Central Square–
RikuXIII RikuXIII
(Anya)

A weak smile crossed Shiroo's face. "Thanks," he said, pausing as he wiped his eyes with the back of his sleeve. Leave it to Anya to be the voice of reason, the pillar of strength when all else failed. There was certainly wisdom to her words, and in many situation Shiroo knew that one had to cling onto hope. "I know that we need to be strong for the people, to represent Ignis," he said, nearly choking on the words as he uttered them. "But don't even the strong need to falter, at least once in a while? Don't you find yourself asking where this is all heading?"

He rose from his perch on the fountain, striding over toward Anya and shaking his head. "Anyway, I'm getting too philosophical, which isn't like me. You wanted to find Arun, wasn't it? I don't know where he went, exactly, but I can come with you. I'm sure that if we comb the city we'll find him eventually. Whether he means to or not, he has a way of standing out."

- Diane Corbeau & Vala Hassan - Court of Umbra - Sanctus Heights: Elvenwind Lingerie Shop -
Stardustblade358 Stardustblade358 Mystics Apprentice Mystics Apprentice Scrapmaster Scrapmaster

Diane remained quiet most of the time until they reached the Lieutenant's home. It was just as Elia had described it. This home was in a wealthy part of town so its appearance was expected. She could see and listen to the dog in the neighbor's home, apparently there was no one home.

"We should be careful. We do not need people getting suspicious of us. If anyone sees us and ask, we are just part of an ongoing investigation." she said.

The Lich waited until the door was open and once inside she began to look for clues.

"Alright, I think we should split up and look around for those books."

It didn't take long for Diane to have a strange feeling. As if they were being watched.

-------------------------------------------

While Vala was making sure everything was in order for the mysterious blue-haired man's purchase, she was well aware of the kind of person the mages were looking. Was this man the one they were looking for, perhaps? She didn't know, but she was ready for any possible situation, just in case. Even if she didn't showed it. The man's body language made her realize that, for some reason, he was avoiding the eyes of the three mages that came out.

"It is such a tragedy. So many lives lost in such a gruesome incident. Who would have thought that the automaton would come to life on it's own," Vala answered, finally looking at the man again, "Ignis's arrival does seem a little suspicious and, might I add, the arrival of the other courts as well, but who knows what the Elders, the High Priestess and the Maesters are thinking at this point."

This man was looking for something, she didn't knew exactly what or why, but she was almost sure this talk was not coincidence.

"My business has not been affected in the slightest. Business goes as usual with my more, eh, wealthy patrons, I should say," Vala smiled at that comment.

She would neatly fold the black silken robe and put it inside a bag before putting in in the counter for the man to take.

"I don't understand why someone would be ashamed of being found out entering to my lovely shop, but I am not one to complain. They love their discretion, and I am happy to oblige. If discretion is what they need, discretion is what they'll get from me. Their secret will remain safe, if you will."

–Sanctus Heights: Cherry Babies–
Mystics Apprentice Mystics Apprentice , Stardustblade358 Stardustblade358 , Xion136 Xion136

Well, that went as well as Incarose hoped. Being in this kind of establishment didn't helped either. Incarose pulled Arun away from the blue-haired man.

"Arun, he is right, we cannot go around stopping every blue-haired individual we see. It's like looking for a needle in a haystack," Incarose said, "this is more difficult than we thought it would be."

Incarose looked around for a moment, the place was becoming more and more lively as the show progressed.

"What else can we do? Perhaps asking the staff if they know if the guy is a regular?" she asked.

- Vincent - Ignis Court - Sanctus Heights: Lieutenant's Home - Scrapmaster Scrapmaster Elrandir Elrandir -
Vincent headed straight to the lieutenant's home. The tape of the crime scene was still across the door as to keep people out, but they had permission...ish. They entered the home, Vincent closing the door behind them and locking it up. "Books are found either in a personal library or study. Lets see what we can find." He mused, taking a few footsteps ahead. He felt shivers run down his spine, and he had to shake them off. That was...odd. He glanced at Vlad and Diane, giving them a wary glance before turning back to the household again. "I guess we should spread and conquer. I will uh...take the left and look around." He decided, stepping aside. He began to look around the rooms from the left. He could see a kitchen, and what seemed to be a dinning room connected to it, a curios shelf containing fine porcelain plates that would probably never be used in any occasion. He moved along, searching for a library or study to look for those journals. "Hey Vlad, think you can use your shadows to try and find the study? Surely it will not be that hard for us to find it but...you know. Maybe you can see something we cannot, ya' know?" He was beginning to get used to the Umbra Court members. Specifically these two. He entered a darkened room, hand moving around the wall to look for a switch before walking over to where the windows were to open the curtains.

- Arun - Ignis Court - Sanctus Heights: High End - I need an adult. Wait. Crap. I am the adult - Xion136 Xion136 Elrandir Elrandir -
Arun frowned. They...had a point. They could not continue this game of cat and mouse. It was an entire city's worth of suspects, and they had absolutely nothing to go on. "I guess we could." He spoke, looking at Incrarose rather...disappointed. "Maybe we should meet up with the others, and see how their own investigation is going. Maybe they have better luck than we do. Unless we have the help of the city's law enforcement, we cannot possibly continue darting down person to person. It will lead to nowhere unless we get blessed with a certain amount of luck." Arun admitted, shaking his head. "We should count our losses, and reunite with the others. At least, that is what I believe we should do. We cannot possibly keep going on like this..." The authorities had enough on their plate with the reconstruction and the daily life of Sanctus Heights. Even if they asked for some aid and reinforcement, it would once again be considered fruitless to just go ahead and interrogate every blue haired man in the entire city.

Luka-Somnum
Luka woke from her night of research to a cold morning chill. The three gloscan crystals coated in a faint misty dew. This situation had only occurred because she decided to work outside last night. She immediatly took note that she felt fine despite her proximity to the three gloscan crystals. She stared at her creations for some time before picking up the one whose sub ingredients was her own blood. The black gloscan was its base. “These should work...” she checked her book. The sand on its cover and pages allowing her to loft it towards herself. She checked her notes and added her information to the book before picking up a bar of silver and placing the three gloscan stones on it. The bar scatted into sand and reformed around the three crystals into three thick bangles locked around Luka’s left arm. She could feel her mans moving between the stones. It made her skin feel prickly. There was a gathering of power but it needed to be harnessed. “Prototype 1: Tests begin. Mana flow wide, unstable.”

She converted the mana into an electrical charge. The bolt between her fingers was fleeting and weak due to the lack of control. Her magic felt uncontrolled. “It’s like I’m back to square one... I need to learn how to form mana with this one being coalesced into one point. A mana singularity. If I can’t do that. Then Im not worthy of having my mana.”

she slipped the bangles off her arm and grabbed her spear... letting its iron center open up to reveal a small slot. Looking back at the desk where she kept her supplies she picked up a particular left over Itika shards, placing it within the slot of the spear. “This should help me get used to the gloscan energy over time. It won’t be easy. But I must succeed.”Luka looks back to the Bangles. “I’ll need to sleep more to increase my mana pool.. no coffee for me I guess.. time to get lazy..”

Aquilla
The thermal mage nodded with a smile as Kolm offered her direction. “That would help me a lot. This feels like a chance that I won’t have ever again.” She Looked at him with determination filling her eyes.

Saffron
After her small rooftop escapade Saffron would realize she had some bussiness in a nearby town. Rather than bringing her newfound allies into the matter, she would head off on her own. Maybe even find a bounty or two along the way.

(Saff is on lockdown till further notice)

Last edited:
–Aeternalis, the City of Everlasting Dreams–
Scrapmaster Scrapmaster , Xion136 Xion136 , Stardustblade358 Stardustblade358 , Nero Kunivas Nero Kunivas , RikuXIII RikuXIII , Thanny Thanny

(Henry, Makoto, Yael, Laguna, Gerik, Daruk, Merrymaker)

Fear widened the eyes of the youth that Yael befriended. Before Yael disappeared, Timi clutched the shapeshifter's shirt tightly. "Please be careful, Yael," he whispered, before releasing him and fleeing to find his mother, as Yael instructed.

Forest Titan #1 didn't notice Yael charging him. Yael would successfully charge him, his horns harmlessly bouncing off of his legs. It continued to march onward, potentially trodding on Yael if he didn't steer clear of his feet. It didn't seem particularly agitated that Yael tried to attack it, and essentially ignored the shapeshifter as it hauled a rooftop into the schoolhouse. It clashed with a furious roar, smashing windows and shaking the schoolhouse's foundation. Rubble began to fall from the building, causing everyone to scatter from it to steer clear of the damage. The building, for the most part, still amazingly remained intact.

The launched boulder that Daruk threw went lobbing back at Forest Titan #1. It, however, missed, though did crush into the shoulder of Titan #3. It let out a deep, guttural groan, visible stress apparent on its shoulder where splinters of wood could be seen. The blow to the face was harder to ignore, however. Flames began to ignite Forest Titan #1 as Daruk set it aflame, before it swatted the Ignis Maester with a clawed hand. It turned to face Daruk with the branches on his face aflame, though Daruk would notice that there seemed to be something more holding the titans together than merely wood and tree bark. It roared at Daruk, before trying to grab him with his hand. If successful, he would attempt to toss the man into the schoolhouse.

As Laguna charged toward Forest Titan #3's chest, Laguna would find that Mjolner hit with resistance. The Forest Titan roared, though didn't seem to be quite as bothered by the initial strike. The pulsation of lightning, however, did trigger a greater response. The titan jerked, and where the lightning struck seemed to light aflame. The hammer strikes, in addition, were peeling away at its core. Laguna would find debris of rock, earth, and what seemed to be obsidian embed within the total as they struck through the being and attempting to find what spawned life into the titan. The Forest Titan #3 remained, there, stunned, as the Somnum mage led its assault, though it was Titan #2 that seemed to have enough of the thunder mage's antics. It attempted to pick Laguna up by the scruff of their cloak, gripping it something akin to with a forefinger and thumb before attempting to grip them tightly into their hand. If successful, it would throw Laguna down into the ground, still in its fist, Titan #2 throwing its own body weight on top of Laguna.

Henry had flung his hammer out to block the assault of Forest Titan #4, its hammer extending toward its trunk of an arm. It rotated from its core swiftly, swinging his arm away from Henry, and instead swung his other arm wide, so as to smack Henry upside the head unless the Ignis Mage were faster. Henry's combo move and ultimate unleashing of sunlight magic seared one half of the titan, a dark line visible from where the sun had struck. Debris of burnt tree fell to the ground, though there was something else which wove the titan together. It summoned vines that traveled swiftly from the ground, two which attempted to weave around the Sun of Ignis and ensnare him. If successful, it would thrash him around violently upon the ground until he could break free, or an ally rescued him.

The cries from the crowd softened as after Maester Gerik conjured a barrier to protect them from the onslaught of the trees. How long it would last, however, remained unknown to them, and thus they wasted no time in seeking other means of shelter. Combat had already ensued before Gerik's magically amplified voice boomed throughout the clearing, and only Forest Titan #5 seemed attentive to what the maester had to say. It listened, and seemed quite curious as to what was proffered. It slowly approached Gerik, moving excessively slow before it knelt, lowering itself so that it could look Gerik in the eye.

"YOU . . . DESTROY OUR FOREST," he repeated. "WE COME TO PROTECT . . . . WE SHALL PURGE ALL THAT DESTROY"–it let out a deep groan, and an exhale which would exude as a hefty gust of wind–"YOU SEEK TO HARM THE TEMPLE OF REVIVIFICATION. TO HARM ITS MASTER. GO HOME, AND WE SHALL . . . RETURN TO OUR SLUMBER."

As Merrymaker would approach the forest of Aeternalis, he would find a young boy no older than twelve bump into him. He blinked, glancing up into Merrymaker's face. It was Timi, the boy that Yael had befriended. He blinked, studying the man for a moment as though gauging whether he was a friend or foe. "Are you here to help?" he eventually blurted, before frantically pointing at the titans behind him. "They are going to kill everyone unless they are stopped! Do you have friends? Anyone else that can help?"

Meanwhile, the elder would flock over to Makoto, moving to aid the woman after she was assaulted by the forest titans. "Milady," he said tenderly, offering her his arm. "Are you quite aright?"

–The Somnum Court–
HeartOfFerria HeartOfFerria
(Luka)

A knock at the door would sound where Luka had been working with her experiment. If given permission to open the door, a man no older than thirty would appear in the doorframe. Silver locks framed his face and cascaded down his back, his brown eyes warm with a certain aura of friendliness, which seemed to smile even without his lips curving upward. He held up a tray of food and nodded toward the sand magic.

"I see you're hard at work again," he said to Luka with a smile. "Mind if I interrupt for just a moment to bequeath you with sustenance?" He enjoyed teasing Luka, someone that he'd admired–and secretly had a crush on–ever since he met her within the court several years prior. If there was anything that Luka needed, she could safely assume that he, Reynald, was someone willing to do it for her.

–Somewhere between Vivifica Forest and Sanctus Heights–
HeartOfFerria HeartOfFerria

Vaan hummed a happy note to himself as he placed the pouch of coin back in his pocket, quite eager for the rest and the free ride–and the fact that it was with a lovely lady carrying a shotgun certainly added to the appeal.

"Ah, what I can tell you about Sanctus Heights," he said dreamily. "What is it that you wish to know? I could tell you practically anything that you'd want to know about the place. Good restaurants, reputable inns, the Elders' favorite foods, where to hide. Where"–he hesitated before smiling slyly at Quinn–"you can find those willing to do the jobs that you wouldn't want to do yourself. Sanctus has many secrets. I can tell you anything that you want."

Quinn
The Druid simply spoke, eyes straight forward. “Everything. Starting with its deepest secrets to authority, to safe locations as well as the state of Sanctus and its Library. Those are what I care for.“ she explained to Vaan as the stone platforms pushed the two ever closer towards the city. Seemingly slowing down.

Luka
The Scientist looked tiredly at Reynald. As she opened the door to him. “Very well. Come in.” She put down the book and closed it. She then returned to her desk. “Feel free to grab a chair of your own” she added keeping rather cold as she usually did. Her eyes carefully watched him and the stones on the table.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back