• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Realistic or Modern -thE foREst- (open)

spookie

give 'em hell, kid.

full

reAlitY tV isn'T rEal... bUt wHat iF It waS?

it was supposed to be special effects and a little bit of roughing it. you needed the fame, you needed the money, you could handle this. the premise was terrible, but the pay wasn't.

so you signed up, maybe against your better judgement, but it was done. you were done. a bunch of kids in a foreign country in a haunted forest with nothing but automated cameras and a couple of tents. what could possibly go wrong?

somuchsomuchsomuch

it wasn't set up right, they lost contact and now you can't even call for help. leaving early was supposed to end with a bit of ridicule, not end your life. communication devices have gone haywire, or have they? the producer left you with half a year's worth of supplies for a three week occasion... were they playing it safe, or is this a part of the plan?

does it even matter at this point?

people are getting sick, they're getting hurt, they're going ...off. it doesn't take a genius to figure out that something's wrong.

oh god, what have you done?

-iNformAtioN-
full

this is a roleplay with elements of horror and survival set in a supposedly haunted forest (and long abandoned amusement park, but we'll get to that in a minute).

the setting is heavily based off of the aokigahara forest, which is better known as the infamous 'suicide forest' and 'takakanonuma greenland', which is a fictional creepypasta about an abandoned amusement park also set in japan. while both japanese, these two locations, one of which likely doesn't exist, are set quite far apart.

to avoid limitations in what animals and weather conditions i can have show up, i have decided not to set this roleplay in japan... or anywhere. the country and location will remain unspecified, so you can imagine it wherever you like. the location shouldn't matter much at all though, as your characters won't have much time to worry about it... and it doesn't follow the laws of logic anyway.

as for why you're there, every player has signed up for a low-budget and rather tasteless reality tv show that will spend 3 weeks filming them 24/7 without interference. all cameras are automated, and thus no one except the participants will be in the area.

what they don't know is that the show isn't legal, and won't be on tv... it's being filmed for an internet livestream that costs a few hundred dollars to view. for the rich and morbidly curious, this is a small price to pay for such raw and unique entertainment. that being said, the producers aren't evil... they fully intended to allow participants to leave. unfortunately, there's something about the forest that kills technology, and as such no one can hear your screams except the ones screaming with you.

like our location, the year is also unspecified... though it takes place before mobile phones became as powerful and mainstream as they are today for plot purposes, so somewhere around 2002-2006.

there won't be any roving monsters, ghosts or murderes here... it's all about eerie ambience and the flickers in the corner of your eye. characters can and will be injured, die and get sick, but none of these events will be explicitly paranormal in nature. mostly, they'll seem like accidents, misjudgements and bad luck all around. the choices your characters make will affect them, and while i won't just drop a rock on someone's head, actions will cause reactions. some will be pretty much harmless, others major.

because of this, i suggest you make 2 or even 3 characters... so that if one dies, you still have others to continue. if you have more than one, you may specify which one(s) you are more open to having die, and i also won't instakill anyone, instead i'll talk to you if your character is in danger and we can work out a non-fatal result if you're really not comfortable killing them off. i hate having characters i'm very attached to die, so don't worry there. minor injures and illnesses are par for the course, but none will have lasting damage.

as always, basic rules (no godmodding, killing other people's characters without permission etc) apply. the roleplay will begin when our characters are on a flight together heading to the destination, and if it lasts, will end when those who survived are finally rescued.

if you're interested, please let me know! i'm looking for 4-12 players, and i'd like to see at least 2 paragraphs (so semi-detailed). as for post schedule, once a day minimum... i don't want this to stall out like some of my others have.

full

I'm interested! I've been on the site before, so I'm not new to roleplay! I really like this idea by the way! We'd use real people as faceclaims yeah?

I'm so excited aaaa!!! (also I really needed a tenth comment and I'm not down to commit to more than three roleplays so boom! Here it is)

I would like to give it a try. The plot seems really cool and I am sucker for horror movies that have the found footage kinda feel to it. :3

just post them in the character thread! if there's something that needs fixing, i'll let you know. if i like your post in the cs thread, you're accepted ^^

Feel like I should say that I'm working on a CS sheet, just planning on doing it all in the private workshop and then once they're finished I'll post them. I'll complete them tomorrow most likely because I'm really tired rn.

that's cool, take your time. i haven't really started on mine yet, and i still need to set up the actual rp page as well... which is why i'm staying up all night xD

Users who are viewing this thread

Back