The Force of Justice - OOC Thread

So if I had a limitation of a -1, I would divide the number by 1 + 1 (2)? So something normally 100. Would be fifty?
Correct!
So as an example...

Cost: 100
Advantage: 1/2
Limitation: 1/4

(Cost X Advantage) ÷ Limitation

That would go to be a total cost of 120.
Also correct.
In regards to odd numbers, when the total has a decimal, is it standard practice to round up or round down?
You round to the player's advantage.

Correct!

Also correct.

You round to the player's advantage.
Cool beans. Then I think I'm in the track of understanding numbers. I think the big thing now is how those numbers are relative. How high is strong, how low is weak, how many dice is good damage, etc. But I will learn that in time.

Now I do hate to ask yet again, since you helped me with the last CS of this system. But could you help me with this one? Mostly just sorting things out since I can't really make tables in my end.

Place holder shamelessly copied from the lovely, pretty, and beautiful Psychie.
You are a flirt, and I love that about you! lol

I don't know if I like the table for the stats, especially since it makes such a mess in the sheet when trying to edit them. I have to think about it.

You are a flirt, and I love that about you! lol

I don't know if I like the table for the stats, especially since it makes such a mess in the sheet when trying to edit them. I have to think about it.

I was thinking the same thing as I was looking at it on mobile. Harder for me to see it overall.

Maybe

STR: 10
Cost: 0
Roll: 11-

Or

Value/cost/roll

STR: 10 / 0 / 11-

Did some reformatting myself. Not as pretty to read, but definitely much easier to see im editing.

Psychie Psychie

So do you got any tips for the hero system? Like useful abilities and things I shouldn't skimp on?

If you have the points for it, Damage Reduction can really help keep you alive. If not getting hit isn't an option, the Damage Reduction can cut the amount of hurt you take. There are three levels of it; 25%, 50% and 75%. Each one is progressively better and, of course, more expensive, but they reduce the amount of damage you take after your PD or ED is applied by that amount.

So lets say you have 25 PD and 50% DR and you are hit by an attack that does a total of 40 Stun. Your PD drops that, so you only are taking 15 Stun past your defense. Then the Damage Reduction kicks in, and reduces the damage taken by (in this case) 50%, so in the end you only suffer from 7 points of damage.

One other thing not to skimp on is your Speed. Have at least a 5, if not a 6. If you must cut some points, a 4 can be tolerated, but just barely. At this level, you don't want to go any lower than that or you'll never get to act.

If you have the points for it, Damage Reduction can really help keep you alive. If not getting hit isn't an option, the Damage Reduction can cut the amount of hurt you take. There are three levels of it; 25%, 50% and 75%. Each one is progressively better and, of course, more expensive, but they reduce the amount of damage you take after your PD or ED is applied by that amount.

So lets say you have 25 PD and 50% DR and you are hit by an attack that does a total of 40 Stun. Your PD drops that, so you only are taking 15 Stun past your defense. Then the Damage Reduction kicks in, and reduces the damage taken by (in this case) 50%, so in the end you only suffer from 7 points of damage.

One other thing not to skimp on is your Speed. Have at least a 5, if not a 6. If you must cut some points, a 4 can be tolerated, but just barely. At this level, you don't want to go any lower than that or you'll never get to act.

Damage reduction was definitely something I was considering. Amd if I was going for a tanky build. Then I can imagine stack high ED and PD with Damage reduction to be pretty fun.

As for speed, doesn't Luminary only have 2 in speed?

Damage reduction was definitely something I was considering. Amd if I was going for a tanky build. Then I can imagine stack high ED and PD with Damage reduction to be pretty fun.

As for speed, doesn't Luminary only have 2 in speed?
In her normal, un-powered up form, yes. When she is in her hero Id, her Speed is a 5

Just remember that your cap on PD and Ed is 30 right now. You can't go over that until I let you later on.

Ah! Thats right. And I will need to do the same, calculating what he has in and out of the suit.
Do what I did and buy some of your attributes in the Powers section with the Focus Limitation and Only in Alternate Id. Those together will drop your costs to give you a great discount.

Just remember that your cap on PD and Ed is 30 right now. You can't go over that until I let you later on.

If that includes in vehicles... then I thinking starting with normal armor will definitely be best. And then come up with hulk buster style armor later on down the line. Gives me something to aim towards!

Do what I did and buy some of your attributes in the Powers section with the Focus Limitation and Only in Alternate Id. Those together will drop your costs to give you a great discount.

Yeah, Sherwood said something similar. Amd thats good. I like discounts and am planning to fit a bunch into my MPs.

When it comes to skills, am I just buying the flat rate for use of that skill?

For example, I pay 3cp for an agility skill.

In return, my roll for that skill is 9 + (Dex ÷ 5).

So if I had a dex of 15, then my skill would be rolled at 12-.

But I could also upgrade it with an additional +1 per 2cp spent.

Does that sound correct?

When it comes to skills, am I just buying the flat rate for use of that skill?

For example, I pay 3cp for an agility skill.

In return, my roll for that skill is 9 + (Dex ÷ 5).

So if I had a dex of 15, then my skill would be rolled at 12-.

But I could also upgrade it with an additional +1 per 2cp spent.

Does that sound correct?
That is correct.

That is correct.
Cool beans! I'm starting to get what you are laying down then.

Right now I'm basically just going through and deciding in what things would be desirable.

If I were going for powers, what levels of them would be effective? How would I know if its too strong or too weak?

If I were going for powers, what levels of them would be effective? How would I know if its too strong or too weak?
Having an attack power at 65-75 Action Points, defenses in the 20-30 point range, and an OCV and DCV in the 8-11 range will keep you going in a fight.

I am actually thinking of raising up the base points from 300 to 400, giving you guys a few more points to work with. Looking at the opponents I have lined up made me realize that you may be a bit overclassed.

Silly question here, but does anyone have any objections about that? Same limits on the numbers for your attack and defense caps, though.

Personally, I wouldn't mind being outclassed in the beginning. It's been some time since I've been in an rp where retreat was the right choice. Not that I wouldn't find ways to spend those points, but I'd take some limit-testing over a safe cruise, personally. Would be happy to bump up the points if the others prefer that, though, no worries there.

So, talking about concepts. Since Quick (is it ok if I abbreviate like that?) is thinking about a mentalist and illusions, I'll leave that area open. Basic concept for now:
There's a book. It's not meant to be read by mortals. For centuries, it has solved that problem by killing its readers, nice and easy. Well, not directly, it's just a book after all. One filled with horrible secrets, but still just a book. But it includes knowledge that many seek after, be it for power, or to destroy it once and for all. Reading the book is a death sentence. You're hunted, for others want the book. And whether they want to keep the knowledge, or end it, they won't take second chances by keeping you alive. Thus, the book is not just a book. It has a collection of ancient rituals in dozens of tongues, notes that previous owners made. Protective spells, ways to defend oneself. To keep the hunters at bay, for a time. Enough time to dig deeper, find more knowledge elsewhere. Add another few pages to the notes so that one day, the rituals within may be enough to keep one of the readers alive. Turn them into a creature capable of defending the book, and using the fiendish knowledge within to overcome evil itself.

That's a long way off. The previous owner knew he would die, ill-prepared for the upcoming tasks. He dropped off the book in a store, where, so he hoped, someone would be able to take over the role of the book's guardian. That's how my character became its guardian, at last. I'm looking at a scholarly character, studied in the old tongues, who then uses the rituals (rune magic) to slowly enhance his own power to match the threats that are after him. Doing good along the way, because that's the ultimate goal. maybe sometimes risking a deeper search through the book's contents to understand a foe ahead just that little bit better.

First off: Does this concept sound like something that'd fit into your story, Sherwood? I have a couple more floating around here that didn't quite lead where I wanted them to lead (read this like: they didn't work with the powers I'm looking for), could give another one of those a shot.

So my first idea was to go for a rogue-like character with that. Invisibility-like abilities (convince people mentally that I belong where I am, hide my own mind behind a spell), then stab the bad guys with a rune-enhanced knife or something. Kind of like the magi in Pathfinder. I kind of like that in combination with illusions etc. by Quick to use the confusion, but it might leave us a little off-balanced in terms of the squad composition.
Alternatively, I could see dropping the stealth route and become a brick-like character. You know, someone with the necessary defensive tools to go in and stay alive for a while. Maybe use wings and the increase-density power to temporarily turn a scholar into a gargoyle-like angel of justice.

Thoughts?

I am actually thinking of raising up the base points from 300 to 400, giving you guys a few more points to work with. Looking at the opponents I have lined up made me realize that you may be a bit overclassed.

Silly question here, but does anyone have any objections about that? Same limits on the numbers for your attack and defense caps, though.
No objections from me. Lets me upgrade my suit even and freeze ray even more!

Question time!

1. MP variable slots:
Do variable slots let me switch points between other slots with the variable tag? For example if I wanted to take power from shields and add them to flight.

And if so, would that work for attack slots, in that I have a variable pool. And so long as I only use one slot at a time, I can use the full pool to power that slot. Then switch that pool to another slot when I switch attacks.

2. Multipower:
Is there a cap to how much Cp can be i vested in a MP?

Question time!

1. MP variable slots:
Do variable slots let me switch points between other slots with the variable tag? For example if I wanted to take power from shields and add them to flight.

And if so, would that work for attack slots, in that I have a variable pool. And so long as I only use one slot at a time, I can use the full pool to power that slot. Then switch that pool to another slot when I switch attacks.

2. Multipower:
Is there a cap to how much Cp can be i vested in a MP?
1. That is how the variable slots work. Just remember that they are more expensive to buy (1/5th the cost of the power in the slot, not the 1/10th of the fixed slot).

2. Lets just keep it simple and keep that at 75 Active Points too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back