The Force of Justice - OOC Thread

How powerful? Like spider man and Dare Devil, Blade, Batman style powerful?

Or like iron man, hulk, thor, and aquaman, level of powers?
Somewhere between the two groups. You are more than a street level operator, but not quite in Thor/Hulk/Iron Man level

Like city protector level. Amd sometimes going over to other cities?

Do we get any nemesis?
Exactly. You got it in one.

You can start with a Hunted if you want; Psychie has one that we will come up with on her sheet as a Complication. Once the game is rolling along, you guys will be making some enemies with the bad guys, but you won't be getting Complication points for that; just xp.

Exactly. You got it in one.

You can start with a Hunted if you want; Psychie has one that we will come up with on her sheet as a Complication. Once the game is rolling along, you guys will be making some enemies with the bad guys, but you won't be getting Complication points for that; just xp.
I might add a nemesis for flavor and origin reasons. Like one of the reasons he is on the surface is trying to contain some threat that came from the underground.

I might add a nemesis for flavor and origin reasons. Like one of the reasons he is on the surface is trying to contain some threat that came from the underground.
That is entirely wonderful. More stuff for me to hook into for story threads.

That is entirely wonderful. More stuff for me to hook into for story threads.

Well would you rather see? A singular nemesis, or a force that causes havoc?

Either way I'm thinking something fire themed. Like trying to activate volcanoes under cities, making fire storms, and untold amounts of arson.

Or maybe a lava bad guy with an army of mole people as his minions!

Well would you rather see? A singular nemesis, or a force that causes havoc?
A single person will net you fewer Complication points than a whole group of people will, but the group is going to be a more scary threat to you (obviously) and can do some real harm to you if you are ever caught alone.

Also, just remember that just because you have a Hunted, it doesn't mean that they will be showing up at every turn. They have other stuff to do besides go after you.

Champions is a point-based character creation system. If you don't have any of the books, I can help you out by whipping one up for you if you give me a concept to work with, or I can give you one of my own characters that I have made up. What are you looking to do?
I unfortunately do not have any of the books, so I would appreciate some help with the process. I usually try to build my character around what other people are doing and fill in any gaps, but putting that aside, controlling electronics would be pretty cool.

Either way I'm thinking something fire themed. Like trying to activate volcanoes under cities, making fire storms, and untold amounts of arson.

Or maybe a lava bad guy with an army of mole people as his minions!
Is he . . . the Underminer?

I unfortunately do not have any of the books, so I would appreciate some help with the process. I usually try to build my character around what other people are doing and fill in any gaps, but putting that aside, controlling electronics would be pretty cool.
Not to worry. I have a lot of practice with teaching new players, and I am more interested in the quality of the role playing from you while I deal with the game crunch.

So far, Psychie has a dedicated Energy Projector, and it sounds like D. Rex is going to do something similar. We don't know what Silanon Silanon is thinking about, but we don't have any Bricks (super strong and damage resistant), Mentalists (psi powers), or Martial Artists (everybody was kung fu fighting!). Those are just some very basic class names, and quite frequently people will have characters that bleed over from one to another.

What are you interested in doing is the big question. I can have a whole bunch of people throwing energy bolts around, or you can get up and personal with a solid punch to the noggin from a Brick.

QuickSmasherEXE QuickSmasherEXE Just from my point of view, Bricks are the simplest of characters to work. They charge into the fight and hit the bad guys as hard as they can until they don't move anymore, shrugging off the counterblows with their inherent durability.

lol I love it. If you want a big mining drill, I can help you build it using vehicle points.

There are vehicle points?
Assigning your own Character Points to a Vehicle, you can buy one. They are bought on a 1-for-5 CP ratio, just like a follower. So, if you assign, say, 40 points to a Vehicle, you will have a 200 base point vehicle.

Assigning your own Character Points to a Vehicle, you can buy one. They are bought on a 1-for-5 CP ratio, just like a follower. So, if you assign, say, 40 points to a Vehicle, you will have a 200 base point vehicle.
Is that good?

Also! It would be funny if Silanon was making an eco friendly hippy dippy do-dah and here i come along, rolling coal like Mt. Vesuvius.

Just as an example, Psy spent 20 CP to get the Follower that is stuck inside her head that she calls The Dude.
Is that good?

Also! It would be funny if Silanon was making an eco friendly hippy dippy do-dah and here i come along, rolling coal like Mt. Vesuvius.
It can be, depending on what you want it to do. If you want it to simply be able to drill through the earth and get you around? Yes, that is plenty of points. If you want it to be able to survive a fight and dish out the damage for you, no. What are you looking for it to do?

Just as an example, Psy spent 20 CP to get the Follower that is stuck inside her head that she calls The Dude.

It can be, depending on what you want it to do. If you want it to simply be able to drill through the earth and get you around? Yes, that is plenty of points. If you want it to be able to survive a fight and dish out the damage for you, no. What are you looking for it to do?

Well, that depends. If I make miner man... I would need to make sure his concept and stuff was on the same playing field as the others.

A simple vehicle wouldn't do the trick. Would need a mining vehicle that could really move the earth. Digging through the ground at high speeds and leaping out of it like a dolphin.

But I would need to decide what my focus is... persomal or external.

Either way I would need to be able to contribute to the team and not hold them back.

Big machines can sling big hits and tank big hits. But how far could that go? And following the theme. If I went personal, how much could I push having drills and mining theme stuff to city protector levels of power?

You can build up a pretty awesome vehicle on 400 points if you put the full 80 points possible into it. That would still leave your character with 320 left over for your own personal powers, skills and stuff like that.

There are upsides and downsides to putting points into a vehicle. Upside is that you get a lot of return for your points. The downside is that it needs to be repaired when damaged, put somewhere when not in use, and can't be used in every occasion.

You can build up a pretty awesome vehicle on 400 points if you put the full 80 points possible into it. That would still leave your character with 320 left over for your own personal powers, skills and stuff like that.
That's still a lot of points.

There are upsides and downsides to putting points into a vehicle. Upside is that you get a lot of return for your points. The downside is that it needs to be repaired when damaged, put somewhere when not in use, and can't be used in every occasion.
I know. I was thinking just such a thing. But I could also invest a lot of those personal points into some hearty killing blows, damage resistance, flight, and swimming through earth like a dolphin.

But also looking at some of the powers. With ice guy, looking at some of the other things I would be tempted to invest heavily in certain things. Like entangle and change environment. Could use a freeze ray to create fog or snow, cover large areas in sheets of ice and put out fires and heat, and do all that with an AoE.

So Sherwood Sherwood
If I wanted how effective is entangle amd change environment? I don't quite understand the numbers yet.

And is there a cap to how much I can uvest in a particular power?

Also, would i need to purchase a power for each "freeze ray" I had?

For example, would I need to invest in entangle for freeze rifle, then spend more to invest in a freeze pistol? Or would that single purchase of entangle be applicable to both?

Also, would i need to purchase a power for each "freeze ray" I had?

For example, would I need to invest in entangle for freeze rifle, then spend more to invest in a freeze pistol? Or would that single purchase of entangle be applicable to both?
I would suggest you look at the Multipower for your freeze rays. Buy it with the OIF Limitation (which is an Obvious, Inaccessible Focus for a -1/2) and that will make it cheaper. Each power you want will be one of the slots in the Multipower. One for an Entangle, one for your Change Environment, one for a Blast to do some damage, perhaps a slot with a Barrier to make a ice wall. Just a thought for that last one. That can apply to a pair of freeze pistols or a rifle and pistol as the special effect of the power.

Users who are viewing this thread