• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.
She wasn't pulled back. She had expected as much from him. She shook her head. She turned away, but he spoke again. She waited until he finished and then walked further down the hall. A portal opened up in front of her, and she walked into it. She looked up and saw her brother. "Hey Geni." he said one thing, "No." She shook her head slightly. "I didn't even say anything yet!" Geni stepped back and sat on a stool. Was that there before? She shook her head.

"I said no, because I knew what you were going to say. I am not going to apologies to that candle." he said crossing his arms. "My god you're like a child! Speaking of where is mine?" she said looking around. "I am not a child!... He's with papa right now." he said standing again. "Mhm sure big brother." She said, and then her demure shifted. Her eyes pleaded with him and her antenna and tail, that had suddenly appeared after she went through the portal, lowered. She wiped the side of her eye and sniffled. "Please. I need him to like you. You guys need to be on good terms." Her voice was siren like, but instead of threatening whispers. It was pleading words.

He shook his head and sighed. "I hate when you do that!" He yelled into his hand. "Ugh... Fine, but I won't like any second of it!" he said looking over to her. She jumped and her tail and antenna perked up. "Yay! Thank you Geni!" He smiled at her. "Who's the child now." He said walking to her. She crossed her arms and said, "I am the child of the family. I have that right." She said only half jokingly.

The next day, Terumi was up at the crack of dawn, like he wanted Aonani to be. He didn't move out of his bed yet. All he could think about was about that guy Geni and how he looked at him. It made him wince with frustration. Suddenly, he didn't want to get out of bed... But he knew he'd hear about it later if he wasn't teaching Aonani the basics. Wherever she went, he knew that she should come back now while he was getting himself ready.

As Terumi prepared himself, the Dark Wolf appeared to him as an electrical outline, sitting in the room with him. "Oh, no, not you again..." he said halfheartedly to the Dark Wolf. "What is it NOW?" He looked into the eyes of the Dark Wolf and knew what it wanted from him. He knew that it wanted him to do the right thing and help Aonani save her world. All was unspoken, but a look can say many things.

With a heavy sigh, Terumi shook his head and continued getting prepared, doing the basic daily routine that anyone and everyone did, followed by putting on his signature fox fur collared leather jacket. He stepped out of his room and immediately went downstairs to do his daily chores, waiting for Aonani to show up.

By the time Terumi got downstairs. Aonani was already waiting for him near the elevators. She had not slept at all, but she looked alright. She was used to not sleeping very much. And by this point she was a master at putting makeup on, specifically when it came to covering things up like bags and scars. She had gotten there early and had waited on her phone. After about ten minutes she put her phone away, and stood waiting for Terumi. So much for bright and early. When she saw him she perked up and walked up to him.

She gave a smile and a small salute, "Reporting for duty sir!" she said jokingly. Yesterday had been weird, but her job had not changed. Today she wore brown pants and a gray T tucked into it. Her hair was pulled into a tight ponytail, and a few strands were hanging out by her cheeks. It was hard to tell if this was a decision she made, or if the hair had fallen out of her hands when making the ponytail. She kept her smile on her face. Although it did get a little weaker.

Aonani was greeted with a half-scowl, which was better than a full one. He still didn't know how he was feeling inside and all her pep was making him feel like a drag. Still, she was here and she was ready, so he couldn't be mad at her. Terumi adjusted his jacket and popped his collar lightly, then rolled his shoulders, as if he were about to do some manual labor. "Alright, let's get right down to it..." he said with about as much enthusiasm as he had on his face, "I'm sure I don't have to teach you how to sweep and mop, so I'll be brief; you really only have to do the lobby, since there is an actual room service system that does the cleaning on the upper floors." He raised a hand with two fingers held up. "Secondly, dishes. We have a kitchen staff, but there's always room for one more. It's as easy as getting the dirty dishes and rinsing them off, then putting them in the machine. Dry em, put em away where they go. I'll show you all of that when we get to the kitchen." He rose his third finger, saying, "Thirdly, Room Service. We're part of that team, too. That means making the rooms look neat and tidy after a guest leaves as well as doing laundry. But again, we have a crew for that, so you'll just be doing some of the rooms." He slipped his hand back in his pocket. "Finally, garbage duty. The dumpster's in the back and the bins get full. Put the little bags in a big bag and throw it out." He sighed. "Room Service also helps with that, so you're not taking out ALL of the garbage ALL of the time. Same for all of the jobs, which I will be accompanying you with."

Terumi started on the way to the kitchen, insisting that Aonani follow. When they got there, he showed her where all of the dishes and pots and pans and silverware went after they all went through the machine, which basically did the manual labor for her. There was a rinsing mechanism in there -- since this hotel was actually state of the art -- and it rinsed at a push of a button. Little manual labor except for drying and putting dishes away. Why wasn't there a dryer for the dishes when the Veritas was so technologically advanced, Terumi had no idea, but he didn't get into why the boss didn't install one. Lord knows there was one out there. Probably just to give people some work who needed jobs now and then... People like Terumi and Aonani. He really thought about that.

Next, the rooms. Terumi showed Aonani was a cleaned room looked like for as a visual, then took her to a messy room. She would have to change sheets, clean up messes, dust, take out the garbage, and make sure everything smelled nice and was restocked. There were Room Service machines that were fully automated and did the task for some rooms, and other rooms were done manually. Probably left that way intentionally so that people, again, would have jobs to do in the hotel rather than just have the Mechanica -- which is what machines were called in the Veritas -- do all of the work. Terumi even went through the trouble of showing Aonani how to clean a room, himself, so she would be able to watch and learn.

He didn't show her how to sweep and mop or take out the garbage, but he did show her where the garbage bags were. She already should have seen the storage closet by the Staff Room, which Terumi would keep in order, himself.

"Anyway, that's about everything," Terumi said after showing Aonani everything that needed to be done. "... Just take out the trash and we're done for the day." He shrugged his shoulders. It wasn't like this place was a slavedriver's sweatshop or anything. It was a halfway decent high-end hotel and brothel. What Aonani didn't need to worry about was the 'brothel' portion of the Forbidden Hotel, as it didn't fall into the category of 'Maintenance', which is what they were. Maintenance. "You got all that?"

Every time she was showed something new she nodded and made metal notes. Her smile hadn't completely faded, but it was pretty close. As she went through the day she couldn't help but let her thoughts wonder. Where was Asher really? Geni said he was with papa, but papa died years ago! Why did he lie about that? And where was her son? She shook her head as she followed Terumi to the kitchen. She looked at the dishwasher a little disappointed. She had a weird thing. She loved washing dishes. But no matter she could always do so at home. She followed Terumi as he went up to the rooms.

He showed her how to clean the rooms, and she watched as he did so. Her focus was unnerving. How could she be so focused on someone working? The truth was she was in more of a kind of focused daze. She let her eyes focus on the things in front of her, but her mind was elsewhere. To be honest that's how it always was. She didn't really want to stay in this place, but she really had no other choice. She had to stay here and help take care of her son and aging mother. This was her home now whether she liked it or not. Her state of daze was stronger today then most days, and it portrayed on her face and in her actions. She barely blinked, and her movements were jerky not fluid. Her kind was like this. Instead of emotions spreading out in their minds; it portrayed into their actions, words, and facial expressions. They wore their heart on their sleeve; to put it simply.

It was now the end of the day. The time had passed so rapidly for her; she barely noticed how long it had been. She nodded. All they had to do now was take out the trash. So simple. It seemed like such a simple job. She brushed her hair from her shoulders and smiled. "Okay sounds good." She paused thinking. "What trashes do we take out?" she asked. This would serve as a reference she could use to remember what to do.
Sorry I took SOOO long!))

Terumi was able to sense Aonani's disturbance throughout the day as an electrical surge up and down his spine and throughout his body. A sharp, uncomfortable tingling that made him shudder every so often in discomfort. He knew it wasn't coming from him, but he had no idea that Aonani felt so strongly about what she was thinking. He noticed her actions and her face all day, silently taking note of it. He didn't do anything about it, though. He figured that it was a personal problem that was none of his business. He had his own, so he knew what it was like. He figured she'd get over it.

By the time they reached the garbage duty, he pulled out from a roll a large plastic bag. "Just collection from the main rooms we've been to, sometimes the upper rooms where the whores are." He let that one slip out, but he kinda meant it. "The Mechanica outside that do maintenance on the city sort out the garbage, in case recyclables are thrown away, and so that the disposable things get properly disposed of. We help them recycle, just like anyone else does, but you know how some people are with their trash." He couldn't believe he was talking about trash with her. But it was a job to do. All part of the job.

"Well," he said after they gathered the small trash bags and placed them in the larger one, "We just go out the back door and hurl it in the dumpster, just like any other trash." It wasn't complicated. It wasn't supposed to be. "Did you get everything else? I won't be helping you as much as time goes on. You gotta get the flow." He hoped that she was a quick learner, because he didn't feel like he was a good teacher... Or rather, he didn't feel like being a teacher.

(Don't Worry About It! I Know Things Come Up. Good To Have You Back. ^^)

She gave small absent minded nods to his remarks about the trash. What an unusual topic. If she were in her normal state of being she would smile when he said 'whores', but today was different. She just nodded and let him move on. Throughout the day her hyper focus affected her hearing and sight. She could see way to good, and hear things farther than most. This caused her to jump at small sounds or look at an object for longer. Her mind took in the smallest details, and her eyes began to get sore. Soon a headache started up in the back of her head.

"Yeah I got it." She paused. "I think." She said almost as an afterthought. Her voice was clear and concise, and her tone serious. Not the usual chipper or upbeat sound she carried in her voice. She shrugged and turned hearing a loud yell. She couldn't make out where it was coming from, but she didn't give it much thought. She just wanted to get home to her son. Her sweet beautiful son, Asher. Wait.... Asher wasn't at home. He was with 'dad'. Where was Asher? Where was Geni? She shook her head and placed her hand on it. This was to much to process right now. She then realized Terumi was still there, so she fixed herself. She took her hand off her head and forced a small smile.

"Hehe sorry. My head hurts today." She said in the same tone and voice as last. Bits of her siren like luring in it. She shook her head. "So um... That's all for today? Right?" She shifted her weight between her feet. Her hair following suit gravity pulling it down over her shoulder. Her powers were not what they usually were. They were thrown off balance by her headache; she had less control then usual. Her eyes flickered with something, but it didn't stay long enough for anyone to register what it was.

Terumi knew that something was strange with Aonani and he narrowed his eyes slightly. "Yeah. That's all," he said rather emptily. "You don't look like you're doing so hot. Maybe this was too much for your first day." Though she barely did anything, Terumi also knew that she was dealing with other things that made it difficult for her to focus. So he didn't hold it against her. But still... She wanted to work, so she was going to have to. "Whatever the case may be, feel better tomorrow." Terumi turned away from her, leaving Aonani to her problems for now. There would come a time where he would get involved, but today was not the day. Tomorrow could be the day, he knew, though, since the situation with her homeworld was critical. But he wasn't going to expect it. All he expected was a decent job at work and to be let know when it was time to get to work on the matters involving her world.

"Take it easy," he said, throwing a hand up and nearly waving her off as he walked toward his room.

Aonani nodded her head at his words. A smile spread on her face. "Yeah. Thank you. Bye!" She called at his retreating back. Her smile faded; she stood quite awkwardly where he left her. She turned and looked around her. She pulled her jacket on toward her and shivered. In such a crowded room she had never felt so lonely. She drew in a breath and turned walking out of the hotel. Her legs carried her as far as her bike, but she didn't get on it. She just stood next to it. She shook her head and jumped on it. Her thoughts where whirring, but her mind was silent at the same time. She could hear all the noises, but she could also hear silence. It was as if there was to sides of her. One that heard and saw everything, and another who was submerged in pitch black darkness. She was half way down the street when she realized she was driving the wrong way. Then in the middle of the road a portal opened in front of her. She got so startled she swerved to the left. It did nothing but mess up her bike. She came out in her home planet. She cursed as her bike slid and started to tilt. She couldn't control it. She jumped and let herself slowly fall to the ground. Then she focused on her bike; before it could fall into the chasm. Wait why was there a gaping hole in the middle of the plait field? She turns to find her brother with the rest of the tribe.

"The Henna." she calls out. "It is near?" they all nod and she draws back her mind enveloping with uncertainties. She almost cries, but gets a grip and nods at Geni. "Where is Asher?" Her voice is steady. He shifts nervously in his stance. She slightly panics anger in her flaring. "Where is my son?" Her voice becomes higher and quicker. Geni steps forward finally speaking. "He's with the blist." Aonani's mouth forms an 'O' and she falls to her knees. She shed's a tear and Geni walks toward her. She stands her anger flaring. "Why did you let him go!" It came out as more of an accusation than a question. The rocks around her feet shift a levitate. Her eyes seem to flare with red; the colour of anger. She doesn't move, she doesn't even blink, her gaze is fixated on her brother. "He begged me to go." Geni replies simply. She shakes and draws in a breath steadying her anger. "Okay.... it's okay." She said trying to calm herself. "We need Terumi." She says to the ground. "Oh No! Uh uh! No!" Geni cries aloud. She fixes a glare on Geni; he shivers and a portal opens above them.

By the time Aonani figured to acquire Terumi and his assistance with the matter, he was simply in bed looking up to the ceiling. Thinking.

'Man... What did I get myself into this time...?' he wondered. 'Still. It's not like I'm not going to help the girl.' He shifted slightly, closing his eyes, not realizing that there was a portal open in his room. He was too lost in thought. 'I hope I can put my money where my mouth is.' He didn't doubt his skills, but he did not want to underestimate his enemy. 'If a whole group of people couldn't take this thing out, what makes me think I'll be any help...?' He groaned, rolling over, his mind going silent... Yet as it did, he finally noticed the portal on the floor of his room above the heads of Aonani and Geni.

"Woah!" Terumi exclaimed, straightening up on his bed. "What's up guys? What's with the sudden appearance?" He paused, looking at Aonani's face and reading Geni's energy and he sighed. "... Don't tell me... Something's happened in your world?" He lowered his head, hoping it could be something of minimal criticality... Hoping. Without a word, he jumped through the portal and onto the ground of the other world where Aonani was from, turning his cold stare to Geni, then to Aonani, waiting for answers and explanations.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back