• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.
Her eyes lit with excitement as he blew through that man almost to easily. He had new found respect in her mind. She let out a small laugh from the sight of the blood. The fight had exhilarated her giving her newfound energy. She watched as the boss gave him a nod. He walked over to her and told her to get the mop.

Aonani smiled and gave a small salute with her left hand. "You got it boss." She said as she pushes herself from the wall. Using her gravity willing to keep her from falling onto the floor. She strolled down the hall and to the small supply closet. She pulled out her phone tapping a few buttons then put it away. She opened the closet looking over the contents. She pulled the mop out inspecting it. She turned back toward Terumi and walked down the hall holding the mop.

She gave a nod to the blood on the tile "I'll get the inside." She said realizing she left to closet door open. She looked back and closed the door barely moving her hand. She was too lazy to walk back down the hallway. Besides she didn't have to. Looking back to Terumi she shifted her demeanor from literal phsycophath to her shyer side.

Terumi smirked as Aonani gave him a salute. He could tell that she liked what she saw and that she was a bit wild inside, just like he was. It made him grow a little fond of her. That was good, considering they were going to have to work together. Better to like your coworker than always be a drag about it, right?

He watched as she started freely using her gravity power. "Now you're getting it," he said lowly with confidence, still smirking. She was already starting to understand that she was safe here and didn't have to hide who she was. Terumi sure didn't. "Next time it might be you 'taking out the trash', if you think you're bad," Terumi joked. Seemed like he had a softer -- or at least kinder -- side to him that was under his rigid exterior. It just took a little bit of mutual respect to get to. That was normal; he wasn't TOO abnormal, after all. He was your typical rebellious loner type with a hidden goodness behind it. Nothing new; nothing unseen before.

As Aonani got to the blood, Terumi went to find one of the girls that had restorative powers so that she could fix the window. "Again?" she cried out disdainfully, "Ugh, why is it always me?" She went over to the window and held her hands out, which started to glow. Eventually, all of the pieces of the window came back together, and those that didn't were replaced by her restorative power."There," she said with an attitude. "I was in the middle of something. Don't distract me from what I've gotta do for something so petty!" She walked over to the elevator and took it back up to her floor.

Terumi shook it off. She was just like that. He knew she was all talk. "Yeah, yeah..." he murmured to himself after she left, rubbing his shoulder a bit. He fixed his gaze on Aonani again, watching her closely. He could see the electrical charges within her with his own electrical power. He saw when she got excited, and her electric energy became more intense, which was how he knew. He wondered just what her past was like and what she was truly like under that shy exterior. There was more to her than meets the eye, and he wanted to know it. Maybe she'd tell him, maybe she wouldn't. It wasn't a big deal, but the interest was there.

For now, though, Terumi would let her work and talk to her afterward, if she didn't have anything else urgent to get to. She seemed like she had a lot going on, so he was prepared for her to do something pretty rash at any given time. He looked to the boss, giving him a nod of the head, which was returned to him. They both approved of Aonani. She was set for this job.

She was thinking about random things while she was mopping. Her son, what she could make for dinner that week, so on and so forth. When out of nowhere she mopped a random spot of blood and her hands began to shake. Awful memories of her past came flooding back to her. She couldn't stop her hands from shaking, and she didn't realize that her whole body was shaking too.

Aonani dropped the mop and held her head. Her eyes watered up, but blinked them away. She slowly made her way over to a nearby chair. She needed to sit down or her knees would fail her. Her thoughts solely were on what caused her scars. She remembered do much of it and it pained her. She closed her eyes wishing it would stop. Hoping with all her might that she could forget it. But to no avail.

She didn't realize that her chair was floating, or that the mop was floating as well. Her mind exceeded her, and her powers were whack. A few chair near her bag an to rise; including one with a guy sitting in it. He was very startled to why he was suddenly lifted from the ground.

Terumi immediately saw the spike in Aonani's wavelengths. As she dropped the mop, he quickly caught it and set it aside, rushing to Aonani's side as she had her scene. He helped her to a chair, ready to ask her 'What's wrong?', but... The words never came out. Instead, he cursed in his head and led out a soft, "Tch," upset that he couldn't be of any assistance.

"... Too much?" he finally said, rubbing her back... Something he didn't do for anyone. He wasn't a comforter. He didn't bring people solace. In fact, angst was his life. Why did he care so much now? Maybe... It was because of how desperate she was at the beginning. He didn't want to see her crack up right when she was doing so well. He didn't... But why?

By this time, things began to levitate. "Shit," Terumi cursed, letting his thoughts come out just like she was letting her powers come out. He looked over to the boss, but he quickly turned back when he saw that the boss was waiting on them to sort out the situation themselves. Terumi silently thanked him, then said, "You know everything will be okay, even if we're now floating in the air." The other guys didn't seem to fazed by things randomly floating, considering they had seen far stranger things. They minded their business. "Just take a load off. You wanna talk about it, or you wanna leave? The boss, he'll..." Terumi turned to him quickly, then turned back. "He understands. Everybody has their history." Terumi thought quickly, trying to calm Aonani down whilst he floated with her on the chair, "... I've... Got some scars, too." He looked around, ready to curse up a storm because he was about to say something tender when he was out in public, "... I... Tried to kill my father, in my past life. I wasn't... Born. I was... Made. And because of that, I hated my father. So I used my power to prophesy whatever I wanted to come true to kill him. He... Had to put me down... But he gave me another life. He gave me part of his spirit with my Spirit Animal. Sure, he left me on the streets, but I deserved it. That guy over there, that dark, shadowy man we call our boss... That's my father's shadow watching over me. I owe him my life and I... Have to atone for what I did to him." That was all he could do for her right now.

Terumi hoped that she was comforted by his story.

Nothing you said or did seemed to work on her. And now instead of shaking she was gasping for air; almost as if something had hit her hard enough to knock air out of her. Then she heard 'I've got some scars too.' And that seemed to pull her back to reality; although she still was a bit dazed. The chairs and people around us literally fell. They didn't glide down to the floor; she dropped them from where they were. But to be honest she had no idea what she had done.

Aonani listened as he spoke, his words soothed her. And she was able to breathe normally, aswell she stopped shaking besides her hands. Then she realized what had happened. She cringed and looked down; as she eased them onto the floor. She looked around at some broken chairs and people cursing at how it hurt. She shrinked in on herself.

"Well I didn't actually seriously hurt anyone this time." She said more to herself. It was a quite whisper, but Terumi could still hear it. She turned to Terumi. And had an apologetic look and her face, "I'm sorry. This usually doesn't happen. I was doing so good. I...I don't know what.." She cut herself off with a sigh. She looked to the angered people and broken chairs.

'This time?' Terumi wondered. 'That means that this has happened before?' he thought. 'Maybe we've got something to deal with before we get to work...'

Finally, after everything was done and they were on the ground again, he spoke. "... Maybe it's time you face whatever it is that's giving you that trauma." It sounded simple, but he knew how difficult it was. He didn't face his for a long while. But he knew it was necessary... Inevitable, even. "Might as well get it out of the way before you let it control and ruin your life." Terumi pointed his head toward the owner again, saying, "That's what I had to face. I had to face him like a man. I was wandering the streets because I didn't want any help from the family, and because of what happened with my father. But when it came down to it, I still had to face him and them, and now I'm doing my part in the family, even if it's only this much as a punishment." He remembered the days vividly when he walked across the wasteland and slums that were the Lawless Land and had no idea what he was doing, barely who he was.

He knelt down beside Aonani, giving her a hard and serious expression, but nodding his head with reassurance. "Whatever it is you have to go through, you don't have to do it alone. You've got me now. You're one of us." Despite what the work here was like, this place was like a family -- hell, a few people were actually PART of the family. "The owner doesn't call the girls his 'daughters' for nothing, you know. And even if I hate what they're doing, I'm not going to deny that there is a level of familial care that is shared between us all." He took Aonani's hand and rubbed it a bit, trying to calm her even further, "Don't worry about the damages; things can be replaced. And people here won't start too much of a fuss after what just happened with that other guy." Terumi glared at the other people, sending a shock to their brains from his eyes so that they would have the impulse to mind their business and get over what happened as a threat to deal with him if they didn't. They should understand from just one look.

Terumi turned back to Aonani, asking her, "So what do you want to do? I've gotcha covered, whatever it is."

She stayed quiet. How would she face it. She couldn't really, but she knew he was right. She nodded slowly as she stood. "We need to go somewhere more private." She was waiting for him to respond. When a hand was placed on her shoulder. She turned to look who it was and smiled. Geni was there.

"I felt the motion sister. Are you alright?" Geni said. "Yes, but please leave. I don't know what would happen if you're seen in this world." She said to Geni. Geni nodded and turned away walking out the door waving as he did. She turned back to Terumi expectantly. "So do you have a place in mind?" She asked. She was ready to talk about what had happened to her. Why she stepped in with that guy. Why she needed a job so desperately. Why she had a kid.

Terumi understood about the privacy thing, since he was one for privacy, himself. He didn't doubt that Aonani couldn't speak up about certain things because she was unsure of her safety, but she needed to know that she was safe as long as she was here. "Let's go back to the Staff Room," Terumi said, quickly pulling Aonani along by her hand.

Once they were in the room, Terumi locked it. "There. No one can get in, and no one can interrupt us here," he said to Aonani. He was awkwardly silent for a little bit, rubbing the back of his neck, trying to figure out how to get the conversation started. "So... What's the deal? What was that all about, anyway? And who was that guy that you were talking to again? You told me he was a dimensional mage, -- and to be honest, yeah, he's okay here -- but you never said what the deal was between you two. He called you... Sister?" Terumi questioned the thought, kind of making a confused face. "Are you related?" He was asking a lot, so he decided to leave it at that.

"Start anywhere you want," he said, "Or just tell me what you think I need to know, even if I didn't ask about it." He smirked, "I can keep a secret."

She laughed a bit. He was more curious than she had originally anticipated. "Let's start at the beginning." She settled down onto a chair. She took her hair tie from her wrist and let it float in the air. With her gravity capabilities she put her hair into a ponytail.

"I'm not from this demension. I'm from Bubsky. Silly name I know, but that's home. The guy you saw, Geni, yes he is my brother. We escaped to this demension twenty years ago. We came here because an unknown force we called, the Ghena, was taking over our world. Ghena literally means hell, so you get the picture. We stayed here for a long time, and Geni protected me. Many others came with us to this place. A group decided it was time to go back, and Geni went with them. I didn't know how to use my Mage abilities, so I was pretty much defenseless." She stops and sighs.

She looks to the side at the wall. She didn't want to go on, but she had to. She took a deep breath and continued. "An.." Her voice cracked. She took a shakey breath in again.

Terumi listened to what Aonani was saying standing up. He seemed a bit tense and couldn't sit down, but he kept a calm and cool demeanor despite his relative tension. "It's no secret that we get people from all kinds of dimensions coming here," he said as a first point, "But I can see how someone who doesn't know what this dimension is like can think that it's not other dimension friendly." That was his idea of a joke, but he was also completely serious, too. "This dimension is like a refuge for otherworldly beings, and many from tons of different universes and dimensions alike want to come to this one because of that, be it for good or bad reasons." Terumi chuckled. "Hell, not even everyone on the staff list is part of this dimension. When I said they were homeless and on the streets, I meant that some were actually expelled or banished from where they came from, not just the people who messed up their lives in this dimension." Terumi took his hands out of his jacket pockets and placed them in his pants pockets. "Go figure that so many people who are homeless from this dimension and other dimensions wind up in the Lawless Land, or even at the Forbidden Hotel."

When Aonani said that there was a group of them that were ready to go back, he wondered why she didn't go back when she got her powers figured out. Or... Maybe she DIDN'T have them all figured out, and couldn't go back yet? "... You can't go back, eh? That's why you needed a job here?" Terumi was honestly surprised that she didn't find out for twenty whole years that this place was a hot spot for people from all over, but there were people who were good at keeping secrets and blending in, as well. "Well, we can always work on mastering your powers so that you can get better with them. At least enough to be able to go back home. You seem capable enough to defend yourself now after all this time."

Once she looked away and her voice cracked, Terumi knew that he was diving in too deep. It was a lot to take in and dish out all at once. "Hey," he said after she paused, "I think I get the picture. You just need to get stronger so you can go back with your brother, right?" Terumi thought he got the gist of it pretty well... At least, he hoped that he did. "If we've gotta fight some crazy otherworldly beings or some shit, I'm totally down for it. I think I'm strong enough to help you out." After he said that, the electrical outline of a wolf appeared beside him, and the Dark Wolf manifested out of electricity. "This is my Spirit Animal that I inherited from my family. The Dark Wolf. Helps me out when I'm in trouble, ya know? Maybe we can help you." Terumi sure hoped so. He actually liked getting into fights and going on adventures, but he was always just stuck in the hotel all day because of his punishment, and he didn't want to just pick fights in the streets like some thug.

Terumi pet the Dark Wolf, which crackled slightly with pleasure. "Let us help you, Aonani. There's always a way to solve every problem. Just gotta... Get down to business and face it, first." He learned that the hard way, but that was how he learned pretty much everything, more or less. "What do you say? Is there more you want to say? Will you let us help you out?"

She gave him a smile. She loved that he was so willing to help her out, but he had it completely wrong. "No I stayed because my mom wanted to stay, and I didn't want to leave her alone. This was a new world to us, and she's already quite old. I have almost perfect control of my powers now though." She stopped looking at the wolf intently. She sighed and said. "No that's not it. That's not even the root of my problem. That's not why I break down."

Aonani looked up at Terumi and smiled. "And if you wanted to fight something. You just have to ask Bubsky is full of monsters from the Ghena. I could always get my brother to take you there." She was avoiding talking about what her problem was, and she saw it. She took a deep breath in then talked. "I was kidnapped." She stopped and stood up turning around away from Terumi. She lifted her shirt up exposing her lower back, and as soon as she did you could see the scars. They lined her back some crisscrossing each other. They were deep and very prominent. She sat back down.

She took another breath, "I was beat tortured and raped." She blinked back tears from the memories. "And as soon as I found out I had a baby to be coming. I.. I snapped." She let a small kind of insane smile creep onto her face. She let out a small crazies laugh. Then she shook her head and looked down to the floor. "I killed all twenty of them. Everyone that was in the building. Even if they didn't do anything to me." She sharply exhaled. "That's when I became the ripped shadow." She paused. "And then I had Asher, and I knew I had to stop killing."

The harsh reality of the situation stunned Terumi. He didn't know that she had it so rough... But that explained the scar on her neck. At least, he thought so. "Damn..." he said softly, "... That really is rough." He didn't know what to say. It was moments like these that he knew made the situation worse if you said something that was even a little off, and he didn't want to do that because of the sensitivity of the situation. He could see her electromagnetic waves emanating from her body as she got emotional, and the Dark Wolf looked up to him. Terumi looked down into the eyes of the Dark Wolf and a memory flashed before him. He narrowed his eyes slightly, then closed them with a sigh escaping his mouth.

Finally, he looked up, figuring he had some decent words to say to end the painful awkwardness. She was laughing, -- crazily, at that -- but he didn't seem fazed by it. He knew that things like that made everyone a little bit crazy. Hell, his whole family's gimmick was that they fought against their own insanity as a rite of passage into being a true Tensei. But that was neither here nor there.

When Aonani stopped talking, Terumi lowered his head. "... At least you're there for your son," he said, narrowing his eyes again. A bit of his old hatred for his father flared up in him again, but it was quickly quieted by the Dark Wolf's presence, as it reminded him of his father's love. "But," Terumi continued, "It's pretty badass that you got the guys that did that to you. Even if you went a little overboard." Terumi shrugged, smirking a little. "Can't say I wouldn't have done the same, or worse." He chuckled. "Hell, I probably would have blown up the whole building just because," Terumi confessed.

"But things are different now," he continued to say, trying to reassure Aonani, "You've pretty much got your powers set and you take care of your son. If need be, you can--"

Suddenly, a large rock flew through the window of the Staff Office with a note attached to it. The Dark Wolf turned its head to the window and bolted through as a streak of lightning, and the sound of a man screaming could be heard. Terumi was confused. "What the hell...?" he said, knowing that the Dark Wolf wouldn't just do something like that for no reason unless he sensed danger. Terumi took the note from the rock and started to read it, his eyes quivering a bit as he read through the entire message. "... We have your son," he started to say, reading the note aloud, "... And we want your blood in exchange." Instinctively, Terumi crumpled up the paper and threw it, a bit of an electrical charge surging through his hand and incinerating the paper as he did. "DAMMIT!!" he cried out, "This is the Black Licorice's work! They want you! They want... Us! DAMMIT TO HELL!" Terumi lowered his head, gritting his teeth. Growls could be heard coming from his throat, something like a wild dog. "... I'll kill em," he muttered to himself, "I'LL KILL EM ALL!!!"

At first she was still frozen, but then her head started twitching. She broke out into small short bursts of laughs. She had no control now. She felt that she was floating above her body watching her do this. But she had to gain control, before anything dangerous happened. She suddenly started taking steady breaths and stopped laughing. Although her head was still twitching; she couldn't stop that. She looked to the angry Terumi.

"Okay." She said her voice surprisingly calm. She was hyper focused. "Breathe. Calm down." She said putting her hands towards him as if she was pushed his anger down. "We need a plan. We can't just go storming in there." Her amount of calmness and steady minded thoughts alarmed her. She was so used to just killing anyone that got into her way or tried to. This was unlike Aonani, but she had to do this for her son. They couldn't be messy or who knows what would happen to him. She looked to the broken glass on the floor thinking. She hoped that he didn't show his form. She hoped that the.. Black licorice didn't do anything they would later regret. She then turned to Terumi. "There's one more thing you need to see before you help get my son back." She said her voice calm and alluring. Ah back to the siren sounding Aonani.

Aonani tipped her head down and bits of bubbles came from the top of her head and her lower back. A soft squishy looking antenna poked from the top of her head. They were a light greenish blue and the tips were a purple. She turned slightly so he could see her tail. Which was much the same except bigger and flat. It drooped toward the floor causing the dirt on it to levitate. She gave a small sigh "Yeah that's it." She said. "Okay now a plan. Do you have anything in mind?" She sadi tilting her head slightly; her antenna bouncing with the movement.

Terumi was charged with electricity, sparks of it shooting from his body as his anger built. "Those fuckers are going to pay..." he said through grit teeth. "... I'll rip through all of em." The electricity loosed from his body continuously grew more intense until Aonani calmed down and showed him her true form. He wasn't shocked, but it was a bit surprising to see her reveal herself like that. Terumi slowly, but surely started to calm down, the lightning around him coming to small crackles as his tension lessened. "Tch," he scoffed, kicking at the ground a little bit.

By this time, the Dark Wolf bolted back into the room as a streak of lightning, standing next to Terumi and turning its head to the outside. "Tracks," Terumi said, "The Dark Wolf has picked up on some tracks." That was a win for them. "Plan? Yeah... Yeah, we can follow those tracks the Dark Wolf found all the way to where their hideout is. If we kill enough of them, they won't fuck with us anymore, and they'll give us some space and respect." It was a shame that the respect they had to get from the gang was through violence and destruction, but if that's what had to be done, then so be it.

"So we'll let the Dark Wolf lead the way," Terumi said. "He can leave paw prints that are electrified that I can see, and I can sense electrical charges in people that are nearby, as well as see their afterimages from static electricity in the air. I can pick up on sounds with radio waves in the air, too, if I listen carefully." Terumi had a lot of electrical powers that he was keeping secret and didn't use readily, but perhaps this could be some time to get some practice in. "The Black Licorice gang is full of the worst type of people in all the Lawless Land and out of any of the factions. They do literally anything to get what they want, and they won't stop until they have their way or are forced to stop." That's when Terumi thought about the trouble they'd both be in if the boss found out. He made a shocked face, then sucked his teeth. "Look, we gotta keep this a secret from the boss, okay? We gotta go out on our own and get this done quick so he doesn't suspect anything. With the Dark Wolf leading the way, it shouldn't be too much trouble finding them... And together, I think we can handle any of them, even the ones with powers."

She gave a small nod ready. She then turned around and looked for something magnetic. She found a few paperclips and hoped it would be enough. She put them in her pocket and waited for Terumi to move. Once he starts in a direction I follow closely behind; letting my thoughts wonder. They have my son. My son. My sweet Asher. Asher. Asher. My son. She let her mind run with worry and sadness, but her expression remained the same hyper focus. She didn't feel like walking. She let out a small breath. Her legs might not be able to carry her for long. She picked her feet off from the ground. She let her powers do the work. Or more accurately her tail, as it hovered just above the ground. She amplified it's power so it could hold her up and carry her behind Terumi.

Aonani followed Terumi's eyes that looked at the floor. It was simply amazing that someone could see electrical charges. It was unlike anything she had ever seen before. The amazement filled her eyes, but she kept calm and held her composure. Remember your son. She told herself. Remember Asher. This was not the time to question science. This was a time that she had to face. It was bound to happen eventually, and she was ready to face anyone in her way.

When it was clear that Aonani was both mentally and physically prepared, Terumi gave her a nod and said, "Let's go." He opened up the door and the Dark Wolf ran out, disappearing into electrical charges before anyone could see it. The Dark Wolf still left behind paw prints on the ground that led to the outside. Only Terumi and Aonani would be able to see them, however. As she followed behind him, he gave a wave to the boss and said, "We're going out," as he walked briskly to the door. "Gonna show the new girl around town."

That's all he was going to say about the situation.

When they were both outside, Terumi could see the dead body of the one that the Dark Wolf struck down, as well as tire tracks that were glowing. "They're in a car," he said with a hint of frustration, "We'll never be able to catch them on foot, unless we use our powers." Terumi could move as fast as lightning when he used his powers, but he wasn't so sure about Aonani. "You got anything that can move us along real fast and catch up with the guys driving the car? If we tail 'em now, we can catch up and get to their hideout without losing any time." If Aonani had some sort of vehicle for them to use, that would be great. "I don't know how comfortable you'd be riding on the Dark Wolf, nor if you'd be safe if it started moving at lightning speed, so I don't want you to ride on the Dark Wolf's back..." Terumi was concerned for Aonani's safety. Maybe she could fly really fast with her gravity powers? "A car or something would be nice... But I don't have one because I don't need one." He also couldn't afford one, but that was neither here nor there.

"Do you want me to go ahead and you catch up? Or is there some way for you to travel with me to catch up with the car?" Terumi asked.

She waved her hand at his questions. She walked over to the curb near a motorcycle. She quickly took out her keys and turned it on throwing her helmet to the side. She hopped on and didn't wait for Terumi. She knew he could easily catch up. She started down the road well over 100 mph. Her ability over gravity helping to quicken the bike. She followed the glowing footprints on the ground. Passing many buildings, people, and cars on the way. Her focus was getting to her son. That was all she knew in that moment.

Then a light came up and she Literally went right over it. She made the bike slow down a bit so she could bring it over the traffic lights. Her hair not up in a ponytail was flying wild around in the extreme wind. She saw where the footprints ended and stopped. If it were anyone else they'd have crashed; the bike tumbling down the road. She stopped that fast. She left her bike near the curb and inspected the building.

It was clear that this woman was on a mission. Fortunately, she had her own way of transportation, because Terumi surely didn't. "Nice ride," he said before she left, but was likely not heard or ignored. She seemed to be that focused, and that was a good thing. "Better get myself into gear," Terumi said, taking a runner's position on the ground, electricity crackling through the fur on his coat collar all the way down to his feet. "Hope she doesn't beat me there," he said, immediately taking off as a streak of lightning that burst down the road, following the trail of footprints as it did. Careful not to hit people, Terumi stopped himself every once in a while so that he wouldn't crash or kill someone, then bolted off again. He did this quite a few times before reaching the destination, wherein which Aonani was already present at.

"Phew," he sighed with relief, a bit tired, "You sure didn't waste any time; you got here before me." He chuckled, then looked up to the building as well. It was all black and had an insignia on it that was the symbol of the Black Licorice faction. It was even designed in a strange shape that made it stand out from normal buildings, and it was in a relatively remote location, but still well within the bounds of the Lawless Land. "Here it is," he said, "The Black Licorice headquarters." He'd personally never been here himself, so he didn't know what to expect from all of this. All he knew was, they were going to have to get inside without getting killed... Or getting her son killed.

"We'd best be careful," Terumi said to Aonani, looking at the people across the way in front of the building, in all black and finely dressed, just like the people that were killed, "They could alert the kidnapper at any time and then it's game over." He honestly didn't know how they were going to get in without being noticed, but maybe they could just silently pick people off and find someone who knew where they were keeping Asher, then torture him for some information. "So, how do you wanna do this?"

Before the two of them got comfortable, however, the two guards in the front of the building noticed them. "Yeah, that's them!" one of them said, "Let's get them!" The two men took out guns and aimed it for Terumi and Aonani, shooting without hesitation.

Terumi instinctively threw his hand up and electricity shot from his palm, halting all of the bullets in the air with electromagnetism before hurling them right back with a flick of the finger on each and every one. The bullets shot like lightning through the air and pierced the two of them several times, electrocuted them, and charred them to ashes. "Come on!" Terumi suddenly said urgently to Aonani, "We gotta get in now and sneak through! Those guards were the only people who saw us, so we should be fine. We just gotta make sure that no one else spots us... Or take em out if they do." Terumi didn't have a problem with either option. But he was already walking toward the door, as he expected Aonani to be doing as well.

She was ready to block the bullets, but Terumi had it covered. She gave him a small side smile. "I had not stopped." She said explaining her reason for getting here first. She followed behind him. She took out a small pebble sixed magnet from her pocket. She was ready to use it if she had to. She was tossing it up in the air and then catching it in her hand.

Aonani's eyes flicked her around looking at everything that moved. The Black Licorice echoed in her head. She would kill all of them. Her thoughts were filled of mass murder of many of the Gang's horrible people. She would be doing the world a favour. Getting rid of all those bad men. She would make this world slightly more safe for her son. She then hoped that Asher was okay. That he didn't show his form, and that he wasn't fighting. If he fought then they would hurt him. She glided over many things; her mind didn't register what the things were but they were there. Her hyper focus made her not focus on anything else, thus causing her antenna and tail to show. Her antenna glowed just slightly in the dark.

The two of them sneaked into the Black Licorice headquarters undetected for the most part, but that was because there weren't any people there. At first, Terumi thought they were just lucky... But then, he started to think. By the time he did, however, it was too late and they were already within the building. Terumi looked back and saw that there were people guarding the door to keep them from leaving, and instantly he knew, "It was a trap!"

Some men suddenly appeared out of the shadows with empty hands, yet they were outstretched like they were trying to grab something. Soon enough, the shadows of Terumi and Aonani would lift from the ground and wrap around them, restraining them and trying to suffocate or crush them to death with the power of darkness.

Terumi managed to say, "These guys... Might be stronger than the others..." He grunted, trying to wriggle free, crackling with electricity, "... The Black Licorice gang... Is notorious for having power over darkness..." Much like before when the other man in the hotel had stopped Terumi by using his shadow, Terumi surged with electricity to create a bright light that would remove his shadow because of how brightly he shined. He couldn't touch Aonani, though, or else he'd electrocute her, since he was so high voltage at the moment. But when Terumi looked around again, all of the men were gone -- even the ones at the door.

"They know we're here," he said, trying to think of a way to free Aonani, and hoping that she could free herself, "They might have already known we were coming... And they might have traps set up already." Terumi saw that there were many doors in the main lobby, and an elevator for the building. "I can track them by tracing their electromagnetic waves and seeing where they moved or where their bodies are," he said, "So I can tell if someone's coming or not. The problem is they can just disappear like that... And I can't trace them anymore while they are hidden by the darkness." Terumi thought about how to go about this. He also wondered if Aonani had any ideas as to what they could do to maneuver, and where she thought they should go. "They could be anywhere in this place..." he muttered, "... But I guess we'll just have to search until we find some answers."

She was struggling to get her hand free, and eventually she did. She touched the magnet to the shadow and the shadow was consumed into the magnet. She gave a small smile as she levitated where she was. She could totally use this to her advantage. Then Terumi started talking. She turned to look at him. She landed on the ground thinking. "If Asher is in his form I can track him." Her antenna twitched as she said this. "But if he's not I can't." She said looking around. "I'd have to get closer to tell." She said walking towards the end of the room minding her step. She no longer had a shadow; as her tail had lit up and was lighting her steps. The rest of her shadow's energy remained within the magnet.

She looked back to Terumi and shook her head. He wasn't in his form. She taught him well, a little to well. Usually she'd be proud of him, and she was, but right now it wasn't helpful. She tugged her hair tie off of her wrist, and using her abilities she put her hair into a tight bun. Her hair could get in the way if she tried to turn quickly, and she didn't want that.

She took a deep breath in and walked around the room looking for more magnetic things. She found a few things made of metal here and there, and stuffed them into her pocket. It would come in handy later. She turned to Terumi then walked to the doors for the stairs. "They're going to expect us to go through the elevator. Plus through here we can test each floor." She said opening the door without moving. She was waiting for him to take the lead.

Listening to Aonani, Terumi nodded his head. "Yeah, if you can sense him and I can sense them, then we're golden." But the problem about them having power over darkness was still a thing. "It'd be best to avoid dark places and keep ourselves in the light as much as possible." The building was pretty dark as it was -- probably to help them use their darkness powers better.

Aonani went to the door to the stairs and opened it up, insisting that Terumi lead the way. "Yeah, you're right," he agreed, "They will think we'll take the elevator. Probably ambush us, too." He started walking up the stairs, keeping a steady glow about him by amplifying his electromagnetic waves, but not as intensely as he'd done before when he was removing the shadow. "Be careful not to get too close," Terumi warned, "Or I might shock you a bit... I mean, unless you have some way to keep yourself from being shocked." He thought a bit as he walked up the staircase, "... And we should probably worry about if they have something that can stop our powers, too. They already know I can use electricity, but I dunno what they know about you." Terumi lowered his head, muttering, "... Let's just hope they didn't make your son tell them anything."

Before the two of them got too far up the stairs and passed the first floor, Terumi remembered, "The Dark Wolf can definitely help us here!" The Dark Wolf was a spirit that was able to do many great things, and being a wolf, it was a good tracker. "I'll have the Dark Wolf go through the floors in a flash and see if there are any people on each floor. If he senses something, we'll follow him to that floor." Terumi shrugged. "It beats going through every door on every floor," he said.

"Go," he said as they reached the first floor, the Dark Wolf manifesting and bolting off in a streak of electrical light, illuminating the area.

Empty.

"No one's on the first floor," Terumi said as the Dark Wolf returned, "They might be gathered somewhere... Or hiding in the darkness, waiting to ambush us somewhere." Terumi narrowed his eyes to see if he could see any of their electromagnetic waves emanating from their bodies.

Nothing.

"Yeah, the first floor is empty," he concluded. "Let's go up the floors and do the same thing, and see if you can sense Asher the closer we get." With that, he would continue up the stairs, toward the second floor, waiting for Aonani to follow.

Aonani followed behind him. Emanating her own light. She shook her head to his words. Of course she cold still get shocked; she wasn't invincible. But then again he knew almost nothing about her species, or her abilities for that matter. The only way they could block her powers is by literally turning off gravity. Which was relatively impossible. You'd need all the genius's of every world to figure out that one.

She followed just behind him. She smiled at the dark wolf. She loved animals; even if they were mainly electricity. She nods "Yeah. Who would want to do all that walking." At that she levitated just above the stairs. She didn't mind walking, but thinking of doing that much just caused her to be weak. She gave a small smile to her tail; as it tucked beneath her feet to keep her up. It felt good to finally let herself go. She hadn't seen her tail or antenna in forever. She was glad that she could trust Terumi.

She floated behind him as he walked up the stairs to the next floor. It felt good to not walk. It was smart of him to use the dark wolf instead of walking through all those rooms. And then she felt it, the feeling of her son. A rush of emotions flooded through her. They got him to show his form. What were they going to do? She took a shaky breath in. "A few more floors." Was all she said. She was looking at a certain spot in the roof; as if she could see him through the roof.

Terumi continued to search the floors one by one, snapping his fingers and pointing, having the Dark Wolf scour the floor and then return when it was done. He did this for a few floors until Aonani said something; that she sensed her son. "You can sense him?!" Terumi said with a hint of excitement, but not so much as to make him smile very wide. "Bitchin'. Now we just need to make sure we don't get caugh--"

The lights on the stairs suddenly went out -- the entire stairwell was pitch black.

"Shit," Terumi said, still aglow. He turned to Aonani, who had her own glow about her, making sure that she was safe. "We're going to have to fight our way through!" he said.

At first, Terumi was able to continue up the stairs because of his electrical light keeping him glowing, but eventually, the weight of his body became heavier and heavier, and the same would occur for Aonani, as well. The goons were literally pressing the darkness down on them as a solid weight, which had nothing to do with gravity, but everything to do with mass. "They're..." Terumi strained, struggling, "... They're trying to crush us...!" The first thing he did was amplify his electrical output so that he could lessen the darkness, but the darkness was thicker and heavier, so it put more strain on him than it would if there was a light source around. "Agh," he groaned, struggling to climb up the stairs, "... I'm going to have to output a LOT more electricity to get us through..." He turned to Aonani, wondering how she was doing. "Maybe your gravity powers can push the darkness away, since they are increasing its mass to make it solid and heavy. If you can do that..." he said whilst still struggling up the stairs, "... That would be great."

Her eyes snapped up as the lights went out. Then she continued floating feeling the inexplicable weight on her. She listened to Terumi's words, and tried to shake her head but couldn't. "I can't change mass... I can... Only change... their... gravity." She said managing to finish.

Aonani turned off the gravity around both her and Terumi, but it only helped slightly. She thought of things she could do. Nothing came to her mind. Then her tail seemed to be pulled. She helped in pain. She fell backwards, but she caught herself just before she hit the stairs. She thought. Could she even get up?

She then realized something. If they were making the darkness a solid; she could then reverse the effects. This was going to be weird. Her tail glowed as she worked. Raising her hand they suddenly fell to the ceiling. That's weird. Fell to the ceiling. She looked to Terumi and shrugged. "Does that work?" They still felt heavy, but not to extreme.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back