• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.
Letting Aonani do her thing, Terumi would feel gravity shift around them and make them fall to the ceiling. The darkness made them go through it like dense water, but they went through nonetheless. Terumi, to help, increased his electrical output, shining like a lightbulb. "Yeah, that got us up to the top," Terumi said, no longer straining as much, "But we've still got to worry about how much control they have over the darkness here." He looked to the door upside down. "We need to hurry and get to the door before they do something worse than try to crush us."

Just as Terumi said something, he saw some eyes glowing in the darkness. "Look out!" he said, hearing a gunshot in the dark. Reflexively, he loosed the electricity from his fingers to stop the bullet from hitting Aonani right then and there. But then...

*POW!*

There was a second shot, from behind.

"SHIT!" Terumi cried out, but only out of surprise and not in pain. His electrical barrier around himself kept him from being injured because the bullet became magnetized instantly and didn't puncture it. "We need to get out of here NOW!" Terumi said with a hurried voice. "Get me to the door and I'll handle the darkness!" Terumi immediately released the electricity around his body, shooting it in various directions, careful not to hit Aonani, but striking at everything else he thought he saw in the darkness, be it eyes or otherwise. Hell, he eve threw some bolts into the empty darkness, just to be safe. But he was counting on Aonani and her gravity powers to get them through the door whilst he held them off.

She took a shaky breath and pushed them along. It was a lot of work she'd only ever done it for one person. Never before had she moved so much mass. She let out a little whimper realizing she had been injured. She looked to her leg and sure enough it was bleeding.

Aonani touched the blood pushing onto the wound. It was just a graze she sighed from both a shock of pain and relief. Once she got them to the door she opened it and pushed them through. She felt weightless as she fell to the floor, and then caught before she had hit the floor. She did the same for Terumi. She took a piece of fabric from her sleeve and wrapped it tight around her wound. Luckily she didn't have to walk.

She looked up from her leg and at Terumi. She realized she hadn't put him on the floor, and did so then "Oops sorry." She looked around the room. There was bound to be someone lurking in the dark corners. Before anyone could try anything she threw one of her magnets into the center of the room. At first nothing happened. Then three people were dragged across the floor and stuck to the magnet. Terumi and Aonani could feel the pull of the magnet, but she kept them from gravitating towards it. She gave a small smirk as she floated up a bit fixing her posture.

As the two of them entered the door and Terumi was dropped down, he landed on his hands and feet like an animal, almost like he was ready for the fall. It was just part of his instincts. "Nice save," he said to Aonani before looking to the corners of the room. He definitely felt the presence of some people, but before they had the chance to do anything, they were sucked into that magnet that Aonani had that she used before. "That thing is pretty handy," Terumi had to say. "Now that we've dealt with them, it's time to find out where your son is." Only she could track him, but Terumi could see everything else.

There was another door in the back of the room -- one that looked like an office. Terumi gazed at it and saw through the walls several men with guns ready already prepared to shoot them down if the door opened. "... We can't just barge in there," he said to Aonani, "There are a lot of them, and they have guns. If they use their darkness powers on us again and we're not ready, that's the end for us." Terumi thought a little bit. "Do they have your son in there, or not?" Terumi couldn't see everything from the hazy shadows that these men were, since they all blended together. But he was certain that there were a lot of them and that they were ready to fire. "They could slip into the darkness at any time and get us like that if we walk straight in," Terumi said. "Maybe... We can both make a shield? You can make gravity shields, right? I can make electromagnetic barriers to disable their guns and paralyze them, but I won't be able to do anything if they're not within my range."

Terumi saw a foreboding presence that was unlike the rest in that room through the wall... Someone more powerful than the others, and in the midst of them. He barely gave off a presence, but at the same time, he released a power unlike the others. "I think their boss is in that room." He probably wasn't the boss of the entire Black Licorice organization, but he was the one pulling the strings behind this kidnapping. After he was out of the picture, that would probably stop and they'd leave them alone. They were only one part of the Black Licorice faction, after all, and not the entire organization. That would be just crazy to go against them. Not everyone was involved -- just the people in that next room...

Aonani gave a small sigh. He was in there. "Yes, he's in there." She looked to Terumi, and she knew that this was going to be hard. She shook her head looking around the doors in the room. "Maybe..." She said. She headed for one of the doors. She looked to Terumi smiling. "I'm going to sound crazy." She said her voice had a playful tone to it. Her tail brightened by her excitement. This was the most fun she's had in a while, and this was a recon mission. That should tell you how much fun she has.

She stood on the floor flinching from the pain in her leg. She forgot about that. "What if we go in through the wall?" She said just loud enough for Terumi to hear. The guys held in the center of the room had died. You don't really want to know how. It's brutal. She waited for an answer. She opened the door she was standing at.

This is so short, but I can't think of anything else to say..))

(It's Fine, I Can Work With It.)

Terumi quirked a brow at Aonani's suggestion. "Go... Through the wall?" He was able to change himself into pure electricity... He might be able to surge through the electrical wiring in the building and use that as a conduit to pass through, but he wasn't certain that it would work out that well.

He looked at Aonani's leg, finally noticing that she got hit. "Looks like you got nipped a bit," he said lowly. "You sure you should be walking on that?" Before he could get an answer, she was already opening the door, to Terumi's shock, that is. "Wait!" he exclaimed, "Don't open the door yet, or they might--"

It was too late; darkness poured out of the room and surrounded the entire area, glowing eyes opening up all around on the ceiling, floor, walls, and even in the middle of the room. "What a foolish pair," a low-toned voice said, laughing a little very lowly, "You think I didn't know you would get this far? I wanted you to get this far so I could watch you die." He sounded like he was everywhere in the room, but at the same time, still in his office. "And I wouldn't use that trick of yours with that little toy you have, if I were you," he warned. "I don't think your son would like that very much." Right then and there, from out of the darkness, strapped down to a chair by shadows and darkness was Asher, right in the middle of the room for Aonani to see. "The doors are blocked off," the man who seemed to be the boss of the outfit -- an elite of the Black Licorice -- said, "And you two are surrounded." The darkness holding Asher tightened around him, causing him visible pain. "And don't try anything funny with your powers either, or else your son is going to be strangled and cut up to pieces by that darkness holding him down."

Terumi had no choice but to obey. He stood down and didn't do anything. But in his head, he was thinking of a plan. Perhaps he could stall them. He really wanted Aonani to have something up her sleeve at a time like this where something would happen that would help them or her son so Terumi could go wild and kill all of these goods and the elite. But right now, nothing like that was happening. All that they knew was that if they tried anything, Asher would die. Terumi sucked his teeth and scoffed. He tried to outsmart the elite by saying, "We're here. We're who you wanted. Let the boy go and take us instead, just like you wanted." That was all he could say about the situation.

She couldn't do anything but stare at her son. Tears came to her eyes. It was a time like this she was afraid of. She promised she could keep him safe, and she had failed. The one promise she made in her entire life, and she had already broke it. The tears streamed down her face, and her son called out to her. "Mom. Je connais! Je t'aime!" he had a smile on his face. That made her smile and she responded "Je t'aime. Je t'aime tellement!" her voice cracked. She nodded at him. His tail and antenna were almost like hers. His antenna were smaller and they went from red to green instead. He disappeared. He was still there just invisible; she knew this but no one else did. Then a portal opened beneath him, and he was sucked into it. The portal closed as soon as he went through.

Aonani let out a joyful cry. Geni had known. He was waiting for her to find him. He took Asher somewhere; she knew that it was far away. "Soyez bรฉnis! Soyez bรฉnis Geni!" she cried out. Then she looked to Terumi and nodded. She knew what he was thinking. The bosses plans had been foiled. She just hoped they didn't know where Asher was. She stood ignoring the searing pain that came from both her leg and the darkness. Her tail and antenna glowed brightly as she switched her gravity, and she fell to the roof. She made a gravity sheild around her. She didn't know what Terumi was planning, but she knew that she didn't want to get shocked.

She waited for him to do whatever he was going to do. Her smile grew terrifying to anyone who did and didn't know what she was thinking. Brutal things, insane things. Things she wanted to do to these terrible people. She watched as the darkness moved around and she let out a small laugh.

Once Terumi saw that the kid was safe and Aonani had a gravity aura around herself that would protect her from his electricity, he nearly exploded with electrical power. The light pierced the darkness, revealing the men that were once part of it now all exposed. "Now you're gonna pay..." he said with a wicked smirk on his face, as if he were anticipating this moment.

Shots were fired. They didn't even have time to touch Terumi before they were magnetized and sent back, killing a few of the men that were there. But they were learning about what was going on and why their men kept dying, and so the rest of them avoided the shots by creating darkness around themselves and slipping out of the way like a portal. They slipped out of the darkness again like they were behind a wall, bearing their guns and toting them readily.

Terumi scoffed and laughed when the Black Licorice men tried to pull guns on him again. "Don't you bastards ever learn...?" he asked cockily. He threw his hand out and shot lightning at the men that were in his immediate vision, not counting the ones behind him. The men that were in his eyesight didn't have a chance to fire their bullets at him before they were skewered by lightning, a severe thunderclap bursting in the room every time lightning struck down a target. "You make this too easy--"

*POW!!*

"GAH!!" Terumi was hit. Right in the shoulder. 'But how? No metal bullet should be able to... Wait!' By the time he realized it, he was being shot at some more from behind. Darting out of the way at the speed of lightning, Terumi avoided the next onslaught of bullets, knowing now that they weren't made of metal... But of darkness. "Huh, guess you guys aren't as dumb as the others," he said after they stopped firing, realizing they couldn't hit him as they were.

The men slipped back into their dark portals.

The elite serving as their boss laughed from the other room, complete and total darkness covering it, keeping his entire office from being revealed along with what he looked like. "Very good, very good!" he commended. "It seems like you didn't get this far for no reason. But you can't magnetize darkness, boy. Even if we don't have the child anymore... We can still have you and the girl!"

This time, when the dark portal opened, it was right at Terumi's head, and only an arm with a gun came through.

*POW!!*

Terumi ducked it instinctively, but snatched the arm and pulled the guy through, electrocuting him immediately as he was pulled out of his hiding spot. "Dirty trick," he said, now cautious of the others that could open up portals anywhere at any time, "But I'm still too fast for ya."

The Black Licorice elite laughed, saying, "You haven't won yet, my boy!" and as soon as he finished, bullets came flying out of literally nowhere, being the only things coming through the portals instead of the guns or the men. He wouldn't be able to see them coming nor would he be able to defend himself against the shots that he couldn't see.

"AUGH!!" Terumi was hit a few times, but in non-lethal areas, like the leg and the arm. It was only his electricity that kept him moving, as it poured lightning through his arms and legs and made them move by electrical impulse, allowing him to move faster -- actually, allowing him to move at all. The rest of the bullets were dodged by Terumi turning into lightning and shooting into the electrical socket in the building, causing all of the lights to come on and shine brightly, illuminating everything. He had to stay in the electrical wiring of the building until he could get a fix on the boss of this group, whose room was still covered in darkness, for some reason. Terumi hoped that Aonani would be able to keep herself protected from the disappearing Black Licorice men. Terumi would pop out of an electrical socket or a light bulb or something when the time was right.

Aonani smiled it was her turn, and she had so much up her sleeve. She fell to the floor and bullets spurred at her immediately. But they just fell and she laughed. She stood up a smile wide on her face. "I don't need electromagnetism." she said as more bullets barreled at her and just fell to the floor. "Really." She looked around at the portals. She reversed the gravity on each portal that appeared. That caused anything they put into the portal to go right back. A few men died this way, but not enough.

She gave a small laugh and turned to look at a man who dared to come at her. She put her arms out and he turned in on himself. Blood poured out of whatever body part that was. She let out a small laugh. This was insane. She was insane. The portals stopped, and the people were devising a plan. She didn't know what it was, but she didn't wait. She reversed the gravity everywhere on this floor. Everyone on is besides her fell to the ceiling. She remained levitating above the floor, but to everyone else she was upside down.

Her tail and antenna glowed brightly. She awaited another move. She anticipated that they would try to use the gravity to their advantage. Her head turned as she looked around the room. Waiting for someone to come.

Many of the men were dead by now thanks to the efforts of Aonani and Terumi together. There weren't many left, but there were a few. The boss, however, was angry now. His eyes were visibly glowing in the dark, and he said in an angry voice, "You think you're hot stuff, you fools? Well, I'm not like my men, who USE the darkness..." Just then an enormous fist of pure darkness the size of the door's frame shot out at Aonani at a high speed, its mass extremely dense and thick enough to keep her from being able to use her gravity powers to stop it, like what happened in the staircase. "I AM the darkness!" He was an elite of the Black Licorice, and most of them were one with the darkness. Their men didn't have that luxury.

Terumi was nowhere to be found, but he was still in the electrical wiring. He shot to every socket in the two rooms, discharging a large amount of electricity from all the outlets and toward the man made of darkness.

The shock of the electricity in the office acted like a taser to the Black Licorice elite, and he was stunned because he was filling up the entire room with the darkness that was himself. This caused him to retract his gigantic dark arm back into the room and remain in there, paralyzed for a few moments.

Terumi burst out of one of the electrical sockets, now made of pure electricity. The dark bullets could still hurt him, but they couldn't kill him in this form. "This guy is gonna be tough," Terumi said to Aonani, "But I think we can take 'im."

When the dark man was able to move again, he put his dark hand out again and a slew of bullets came from them, and men popped out of his arm, conjoined to it as if they were part of it. "I can make as many men as I want to! These guys aren't made of flesh and blood, like the ones you killed -- they are also made of darkness, like me!" They were part of him, and so they were the darkness. They fell off of his arm and shot toward Terumi and Aonani, turning into ghastly shadows that were going to wrap around them and strangle them, just like they tried to do with their shadows before.

Aonani was extremely surprised. This place was weird. She'd been here for almost 24 years, and things still caught her off guard. She put her hands in front of her, but the blow never came. She opened her eyes and next her was an electrical version of Terumi. That's cool. She looked to the giant hand. "That's not a guy. That's the Ghena." She said. Shaking her head. This guy was pure hell, pure darkness, pure evil. It was all the same. She levitated slightly looking at the shadows. She took another magnet out and threw it. It hit one of them and the magnet consumed the one, but the rest were still there. These things were pure darkness. She couldn't will energy.

She looked to Terumi. There was nothing more she could do. It was his fight right now. Darn her limited abilities. She looked to her pocket for how many magnets she had left. Only two and three paperclips. She thought. Not much she could do with that. She levitated a little away from Terumi. He had accidently shocked her a few times, and it hurt. She watched as Terumi took care of the beings. She looked passed them to the hand of darkness. The culprit. The evil that had took her son.

Aonani's eyes flared. She was angry, really angry.

Terumi immediately bolted through the other dark men that were heading toward him and Aonani, dispelling the darkness with his lightning body. "This form takes a lot of my energy," he said to Aonani, "So we've gotta make this quick." It didn't look like she knew what to do... Or maybe there was little that she could do now. The gravity against the solid darkness would do no good, just like in the stairwell.

"You two are no match for me!" the man of darkness said, pulling himself out of the room and nearly filling the next one that they were in. Spawns of other dark men fell from his body and imitated Terumi, bolting toward him and Aonani like black lightning.

"Shi--" Terumi reflexively threw up an electromagnetic wall between the men and him and Aonani, creating a giant barrier that made the room split into two sides: One that was full of darkness, and the other that had electricity sparkling about. "Hey, Aonani," Terumi said to her quickly, "If you use your gravity on this electromagnetic wall I'm making, we can crush this guy no problem! He can't get past the electrical wall, but I don't think my power alone would be strong enough to smash him." It wasn't that Terumi didn't have faith in his own power or his own strength, it was that he didn't want to use up all of his energy fighting this shadow man and then not be able to move. "I'll use up all of my energy if I do it by myself, so let's try a double assault." Terumi fortified the electrical wall, pushing with great strength against the darkness.

The dark man on the other side of the wall pushed back. His strength made him able to push the wall up some inches, but not break through. "You're stronger than you look, boy..." he had to admit. "But your power is fading, isn't it? I haven't even started to use mine!" Fighting all of those men was another tactic to make them tired before they reached the elite, and he was more or less at full power. He pushed at the wall some more with his powerful dark body, slowly drawing the wall back. He even spawned more men to help him push. That would give him extra power, make Terumi use up all of his power, then leave them defenseless. That was his plan.

She hesitated. How much could she actually do? But her son won't be safe until this entity is gone, for good. So she threw a few of the paperclips next to the shield. She pushed at it. This was going to get weird. To push her full strength at the wall; she'd have to switch the gravity on their side. So she did Terumi fell to the wall; which would be fine for him but not for her. She used some of her power to keep her from touching the electrical wall.

Aonani would struggle for air; she was using all her energy to push. She didn't have a hard time breathing. It was more the pressure she felt from the gravity. She only reserved a small amount for her, and she would usually use more to keep from this effect. If this took to long she would suffocate. She hoped that wouldn't happen. She didn't want to leave Asher alone, and Geni would have a fit. He hates when she gets into trouble.

At first, the shadow man was able to push the wall back some... But after a while, he and his men were being pushed backward, into a wall. With all of the darkness on one side of the room and the force of gravity being pushed onto the electrical wall, the dark man had trouble keeping himself from being crushed. Slowly, but surely, the wall closed in on him.

Terumi continued to pour out power. "That's it!" he said to Aonani, "We're doing it!" He smirked, outputting just a bit more power so that they could have a greater advantage. The gravity mixed with the electromagnetic barrier would crush the solid darkness completely, but things would be bad if the guy turned back into non-solid darkness. Terumi thought of that and had to think of a plan for it on the spot. Thinking quickly, he sent a powerful surge through the wall to electrocute the Black Licorice elite and stun him, just like before. This was to keep him from changing forms. "He might get away if he turns back into shadows," Terumi said. "I'm gonna close him in." Terumi used both of his hands to push the man into his office, then surged the electricity through all of the wiring in the room so he could create an electrical field to imprison him. "This is it..." Terumi said, a smirk on his face. He snapped his fingers and lightning tore through the darkness, ripping it to shreds. "And to make sure he's dead..." Terumi added, lifting up his hands and clenching his fingers. The electrical field in the office closed in and shrunk into a tiny cube, which would then simply dissipate back into electricity in the air.

The elite was defeated.

"Ugh," Terumi groaned, returning back to his flesh form, "I'm glad that's over." He would wait for Aonani to stop using her gravity powers so that they could be on normal ground. Terumi's wounds weren't on his body anymore, for after he changed into electricity, the bullets that hit him fell out and the flesh that was torn was patched up in his electrical form. The only thing was, he seemed out of breath, but he tried not to show it. Still, he was happy that they won. It was finally over. They saved Aonani's son and defeated the guy that was after them, plus all of his men. No one else in the Black Licorice would mess with them now once they found out, since they defeated one of their elites.

But there was still the issue lurking in the back of Terumi's mind about Ghena, and Aonani's dimension. Was there something he could do about that? He'd have to ask her when the time was right.

As soon he said it was over her powers clicked off, and she fell in the floor gasping for air. She couldn't breath her chest was tight. The weight of the gravity had been crushing her. Wow, so that's what it felt like when she did this. She didn't move as he contained the beast and killed him. She was exhausted; she had never used so much of her powers before. She had never had to. Then she noticed the blood the trickled down her back and down to the ground. "Shit." She said exasperated.

Her scars had opened again with the weight. She used her powers to push down on the scars, but their were to many and she was already tired. She became dizzy and fell to the floor dark consuming her thoughts. She had fainted from exhaustion and from pain.

When Aonani passed out from exhaustion, Terumi was quick to catch her, his reflexes immediately kicking in. "Woah!" he gasped, holding her up. He noticed that she was bleeding from her scars. "Damn... Must have been too much for her..." He admitted that the things they went through were tiresome and troublesome, but they ended up on top. Terumi didn't have any way to bind the scar nor stop the blood. "Dammit...!" he cried. He felt more powerless than when he was in a fight he couldn't win; there was nothing that he could do.

But maybe... Her brother could.

"Uh... Geni...?" Terumi called out, hoping that somehow, some way, he could hear him, "... Or whatever... Can you...? Are you there?" Terumi didn't know if he was talking to anyone, so he decided that he HAD to wake Aonani up. He surged a little bit of electricity through her -- enough to shock her awake. "You're bleeding," he said to her, "And I can't carry you or transport you all the way back to the hotel. We need your brother's help." Terumi kept Aonani propped up on his back so that she could rest, even though he was pretty tired, himself. "Can you call him?"

Geni did hear, but he didn't recognize his voice. So he stayed with Asher; wherever they were.

Aonani gasped as she awoke. Her head pounding. She nodded at Terumi. "Frรจre.." she whispered. Her pounding head was clouding her thoughts, and she couldn't muster anything else. A portal opened a few feet away, and Geni emerged peeking his head around the room. He gasped and got mad at Terumi. He made a portal underneath him, and Terumi popped out a little ways from me. Geni grabbed me and whispered "Quelle est cette soeur? Qu'a t-il fait? Dites-moi pour que je puisse le tuer." I shake my head. "Non. L'hรดtel. Il m'aide ... moi." I manage to say. Geni hods and opens a portal under both Terumi and us. We land on a bed in a the hotel. Terumi landing on the floor. It is obvious Geni doesn't like Terumi.

All the while they were speaking in French, Terumi waited impatiently for them to finish. When a portal suddenly opened up below him, he fell through and ended up back at the hotel, landing feet first on the floor thanks to his natural reflexes. He did notice that Aonani and Geni landed on the bed, but he didn't think much of it. He could tell in other ways that Geni didn't like him, like through his natural electromagnetic waves that he emanated. His biorhythm was different from when he talked to Aonani and when he looked to Terumi. Terumi only scowled at Geni. "Uh, a 'thank you' would be appreciated," he said with a scoff, "I did just help save two people from your family, and I got her a job here." Terumi's cold attitude returned to him now that he was faced with a person that didn't like him, and his face showed it.

"Whatever," he said, turning his back to the two of them. "She starts work tomorrow. Get her patched up and ready for that." Terumi was thinking about whether or not he wanted to help save her homeworld from Ghena now. He didn't want to be an asshole, but he also wasn't going to help someone that was going to treat him badly. "I can tell you don't like me," he said to Geni, "Your wavelengths tell me everything." Normally, he wouldn't even say that much, but he was growing fond of Aonani and was genuinely trying to help her. He looked over his shoulder, his scowl softening, "Look, I heard what's going on with your dimension... And I don't like it. So..." He rubbed the back of his neck bashfully, scowling in an embarrassed fashion, "... I wanna help you and your people." He turned his head back around to face the door, as if he was about to walk out. "Take it or leave it."

Aonani looked to Geni. She pleaded through their telecomunication. Terumi could feel our communication, but not understand what we said. Another unusual use for their antennas. He sighed and his tail an antenna glowed. "Hm... Fine. We could use another one to help out." Aonani smiled at her brother. He gave a small scoff. She closed her eyes exhausted. She didn't fall asleep, but she rested her eyes.

Geni left his side next to her and looked to Terumi. He gestured for him to follow him out of the room. He opened the door and closed it as Terumi came out. "Well I guess I better introduce you to the rest of the team then." he said scratching his cheek. "Hmn." He said. He didn't want to, and he didn't want to trust him either. But Aonani trust him, and she seemed to like him. He trusted his sister; even if he didn't agree. She was smart; she knew she wouldn't make a mistake.

Terumi let out a smirk of happiness, glad that Geni came around. "For sure," he said to him as he insisted that he be introduced to the rest of the team. "Your sister does a little work for us, I do a little work for you." He shrugged. "Simple as that." Walking toward Geni, Terumi would follow him out of the room. "Do I have to go to your dimension, or something? Here in the Veritas, dimensional travel is common, so it's not something we're not used to." He anticipated what it would be like to work with these people... And what he was up against. 'Heh, I bet I can handle it,' he thought to himself, feeling confident after what just happened.

Terumi didn't say a word as he waited for Geni to do what he needed to do. He would just follow him and let him lead the way to wherever they were going.

As soon as Terumi followed him out the door Geni turned to him and... He just stood there. Staring at him. Waiting for him to stop talking. He blinked a total of three times the whole time he stared. Not that anyone counted or anything. He let out a deep sigh. This day had not gone as he had planned. He looked to the ground and shook his head. What had he gotten himself into? He looked back up at Terumi and tilted his head. He was getting a size of the boy. So he just stood there staring at him.

The whole time he said nothing. Heck he didn't even move a muscle. He barely breathed. He was waiting for Terumi to do something. How long would it take for him to become uncomfortable? Or bored? He wanted to see the limits of this 'Terumi'. Before he took him to see the pack.

The instant Terumi was being sized up, he knew it without a doubt. This made his signature scowl return to his face rather immediately, wherein which he would continue to do so silently, waiting for Geni.

Eventually, because he did ask a question, Terumi did become agitated and said, "Hey! I asked you a question!" He sucked his teeth and narrowed his eyes. "You deaf or somethin'?" He wasn't exactly a hothead, but he wasn't composed, either. Most times, his composure only kept to him when he was left alone, which he was more accustomed to than anything. Irritated by Geni sizing him up without saying anything, Terumi was about to speak further... When the Dark Wolf appeared again, this time in between the two of them.

Terumi stopped, his eyes softening and his face in mild shock. The Dark Wolf, surging with electricity, sat there and looked at Geni without making so much as a noise... As it hadn't done the entire time it had been seen. Terumi simply looked at it, wondering what it meant, but he eventually looked back up to Geni and scowled again, though not saying anything, much like the Dark Wolf.

Geni ignored his question. He held his hand up and made a gesture; as seeming to brush it out of the air. He turned and walked straight into a portal. He didn't even leave it open long enough for Terumi to see where he went. He just left. No trace of him was anywhere.

It was then that Aonani came out from the room. "He left didn't he?" She asked. She closed the door and leaned against it. Her tail and antenna were hidden. She looked at Terumi's hard scowl. "Oh I see. Did you speak?" She shook her head not waiting for an answer. "Patience is a virtue." she said looking to where the portal was. "Give him time. He'll come around." she said. "Probably."

She turned back to Terumi and waited for some sort of reaction.

"Forget it," Terumi said pretty much immediately after being snubbed, "I ain't helping shit." He slipped his hands in his pockets and started to walk away, ready to head to his room. He said nothing else after that, but the Dark Wolf remained with Aonani, looking at her just as silently as he'd done Geni. It was like him and was patient and quiet, not making any movements nor any noise, not even a bark or a howl. It just sat there, crackling with electricity, staring at Aonani, as if expecting her to do something. Slowly, though, the Dark Wolf began to fade back into an outline of electricity with glowing electrical eyes and nose.

Aonani sighed and used gravity to keep Terumi in place. She nodded as the Dark Wolf faded. She walked up next to Terumi and looked at him. "So..." She was always really awkward when it came to these types of things. She took a breath and closed her eyes. She opened them again and spoke, "Stop acting like you don't care." She said it so straight forward; she jumped a little. She's never been so direct, and it sounded almost rude. She put a finger to her bottom lip, "Oh sorry that sounded rude." She said quietly. "I don't know what came over me I." She kept talking, but it was just a bunch of muttered apologies.

She shook her head and stopped talking. She waited for a moment looking down at the floor. "But I do mean it though. You don't have to." She looked up at him for a millisecond then back down. This was really hard for her to say, and it was probably hard for him to hear to, but someone had to say it eventually. She sighed and let him go.

Terumi wasn't one to be disrespected, and he wasn't one to take anyone's shit. He'd let Aonani know that right now. "He disrespected me to my face," he said with soft anger in his voice, back turned to Aonani, "So I'm not gonna do a damn thing for him." Terumi didn't even let the boss do that to him, and he owed him his very life. What was he going to do for someone that owed HIM something treating him like that?

"Without me, you and your son would probably have been in a really bad place. Possibly dead," Terumi started to say, turning his head slightly so that Aonani could hear him, seeing the profile of his face over his shoulder, "Not to mention, I help you out and get you the job with my ass on the line if you can't commit." He hadn't forgotten just because their first day was interrupted by a crime syndicate. "I've done my share of help. I'm through." He scoffed and started to walk, but then stopped again, wanting to say something else. "If I have to work with that guy, I'm not doing it." He groaned a bit, then narrowed his eyes. "But if I've gotta do it for you, I'll think about it." He didn't know why he cared about someone else's dimension; there were plenty of them in peril all over the place as we speak. But Aonani was his friend. They'd been through something together... And he did do things for his friends.

"Be up early in the morning," he said softly, heading to his room, "You start tomorrow." With that, Terumi left Aonani to do as she would as he headed off to bed. It had been a long day and he needed to 'recharge', so to speak.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back