• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy The Fall of an Empire

Sunny_morning

Butterflies scare me
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
~
The Anevian Empire was rich in every sense of the word. Luxury was so rampant, that it's subjects could afford to hold ideals and sometimes even principles. When the rest of the world engaged in barbaric nuisance, Anevia flourished. It was an era of peace and prosperity.

It is, perhaps more aptly described, as an era of boredom. Stuck in their golden mansions, the nobles of Anevia began to crave chaos. They would come to regret such cravings, of course, but not before the damage had been done.

On hindsight it's easy to point out exactly when the Age of Chaos, as it would come to be called, began.

The day started out uneventful, with the Sun shining ever so graciously on the Great Empire. But then something changed.

The servants of the palace, who would otherwise carry out their duties with a brisk walk, began to shuffle about in a clumsy jog. Whispers grew louder, loud enough to reach all important ears.
Soon messengers were being deployed. Scrolls were written hurriedly, quills cracked under the tension.

The intensity of the affair grew to a fever pitch until everybody knew...
The Emperor had fallen gravely ill.

And so began the struggle of succession. Elaborate schemes began to come into play, as each party claimed it's share of the power. Old lords fell, new lords arose. Alliances, betrayals and wars ushered in the Age of Chaos.
~

[DETAILS]

The role-play will begin exactly where the summary stopped, and will follow the lives of royals, nobles and others as they scheme for the throne. I see the story starting out low fantasy, with little to no mention of the supernatural but then slowly growing into a high(er?) fantasy story as the stakes get higher and the scope of the story widens.

The Emperor was in his eighties, so there will be two generations (his children and grandchildren) that will battle it out for the throne.

At first it might be better to create characters in the palace, and once that's done and we've set up enough story lines we can build characters in other locations.

Depending on the interest towards this idea, I'll continue working on it, and will publish the RP when I get at least four participants.

Ideas are encouraged.

Last edited:
Available characters:

• Recently appointed Knight
  • Princess Regent of the Empire
  • Crown Prince of the Empire
  • Any child of the Emperor
  • Any grandchild of the Emperor
  • An Assassin
  • Musician in the Emperor's court
  • The Empress
  • A Maidservant

I have an idea or two when it comes to the assassin character or grandchild of the emperor. I'll keep an eye on this.

Seems interesting! I'll cook something up :) is it one character per 'available characters' or is there only a limit on the prince/princess/etc?

Seems interesting! I'll cook something up :) is it one character per 'available characters' or is there only a limit on the prince/princess/etc?
There's no limit, per say. Whatever you're comfortable with. Also you can take the available characters as just sort of a idea guide...? If you have a different type of character in mind that's totally okay as long as it makes sense.

Perfect, sounds great!
There's no limit, per say. Whatever you're comfortable with. Also you can take the available characters as just sort of a idea guide...? If you have a different type of character in mind that's totally okay as long as it makes sense.

So, in regards to the timelines, do we only have swords and crossbows or have firearms been invented?

i am interested if you are still taking! if there is an empire and an upper class, that surely necessitates the existence of a lower class, yes? anyway, i am interseted in taking the first son of the crown prince, should the crown prince be old enough to have heirs aged 17+

i am interested if you are still taking! if there is an empire and an upper class, that surely necessitates the existence of a lower class, yes? anyway, i am interseted in taking the first son of the crown prince, should the crown prince be old enough to have heirs aged 17+
This never took off to begin with chief.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back