• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.
The mark will be like a tattoo, it appears when the Guardians are chosen.
Since the guardians are chosen by the enchantment, do the marks appear on the body randomly, or after doing some hidden trial, or something else?

I see you mention a number of races in the CS thread; do you have any expectations for what one race or another is like?

Do various peoples group themselves into magical elements? Eg a tribe of elves for each element, a tribe of dwarves for each element, etc etc, or are there melting pots- either of sharing a race or an element or something else?

Powers: I just want to verify that I understand this correctly. Guardian characters get one active power that is not something you listed, and one passive power that you did list? And that the active power is something that they will struggle with? Or is it just one active power at all, regardless of it was something you listed or not (so long as it falls within the element), and still struggled with regardless?

Sorry for all the questions! I'm super excited about this concept and want to make sure I'm doing everything right- I know this is gonna be a ton of fun! Aaah, I can't wait!

I'm... Probably going to have follow up questions, but I'm planning on having my CS up this weekend.

Since the guardians are chosen by the enchantment, do the marks appear on the body randomly, or after doing some hidden trial, or something else?

I see you mention a number of races in the CS thread; do you have any expectations for what one race or another is like?

Do various peoples group themselves into magical elements? Eg a tribe of elves for each element, a tribe of dwarves for each element, etc etc, or are there melting pots- either of sharing a race or an element or something else?

Powers: I just want to verify that I understand this correctly. Guardian characters get one active power that is not something you listed, and one passive power that you did list? And that the active power is something that they will struggle with? Or is it just one active power at all, regardless of it was something you listed or not (so long as it falls within the element), and still struggled with regardless?

Sorry for all the questions! I'm super excited about this concept and want to make sure I'm doing everything right- I know this is gonna be a ton of fun! Aaah, I can't wait!

I'm... Probably going to have follow up questions, but I'm planning on having my CS up this weekend.
1 minute ago

Soooo I was thinking of building out the lore in the next day or two, to a degree and then let it become sandbox. But to answer your question, I was thinking each element would have a few kingdoms, and of course there would be variant races gifted the same element. There would also be cities, etc that would be melting pots in all kingdoms, though some more than others. There will be prejudice, there will be elemental segregation.

There will be lore about some peoples offering a trial, others offering sacrifice of some kind, etc. However, MAGIC will choose in the end. There will be no definitive answer there, as MAGIC works in mysterious ways, but it always works.

So what I thought with the powers is the Guardians get a general set of powers, very broad but also very focused at the same time. The 1 active 1 passive is meant to give some dexterity and ingenuity, since they get 1 of each. You know, make it count. I knew I worded that wrong....

Quick question re: the character sheets; for the 'guardian' line, should we be putting down our usernames? That might be obvious from the Y/N, but unfortunately, I am a terminal fool.

Also, regarding the powers- when we select an active power, is that what our characters start with? Is that something they'll grow into over the course of the roleplay? I guess my question is whether said power is the one and only for our characters, or if they can learn / develop more as time goes on?

Also wondering what to put for the guardian line. I gots Small brain syndrome. 😔✋

Quick question re: the character sheets; for the 'guardian' line, should we be putting down our usernames? That might be obvious from the Y/N, but unfortunately, I am a terminal fool.

Also, regarding the powers- when we select an active power, is that what our characters start with? Is that something they'll grow into over the course of the roleplay? I guess my question is whether said power is the one and only for our characters, or if they can learn / develop more as time goes on?

Also wondering what to put for the guardian line. I gots Small brain syndrome. 😔✋
I put the Guardian line for the simple reason as to keep them separate form other character sheets. So hopefully we might get a few people interested in playing other roles and we know who is who.

As for the powers Guardians will have their standard power sets, which I still need to list. Those powers will be a learning basis and every power for the Guardian power set will be broad yet limited. So a Fire Guardian will have the ability to control and generate fire and heat, as well as travel through existing fire. However, how the person uses those abilities should capable of many uses. I.E. coating yourself in fire, drawing the heat out of anything, possibly rendering it Absolute Zero in temp, flying with fire-jets. Or even healing with spiritual fire. Key point, it's all an aspect of fire itself.

So long answer short, all Guardians will start with their stereotypical power set. They can either try to get a grasp of all the aspects of that, or begin to hone their abilities one part at a time.

The 1 active power for the Guardians is supposed to be a unique power, a power of YOUR choosing. It will not be your only power, but the power you choose for your character in addition to your Guardian power set. I want you guys to choose the power well, make it your power and make it something that really defines who you want the character to be. I.E. The Earth Guardian has the 1 active power to temporarily drain the energy from living beings and gain their traits and abilities (Rogue from X-Men), always loved that power. Key point is that it is your power to make your character truly yours.

The passive needs to be passive. It cannot be influenced by just wanting it to happen. It has to have a trigger, it has to have a downside.

Last edited:
Sorry all, the storms have been crazy, have only been able to access with my phone for most of the last few days, and that has been spotty. I have posted a WIP of my character basics so far. His power set is OP, but I plan on making their growth really slow and locking most elements, only allowing one to manifest at a time.

Thank you for the answer! And no worries about the delay- stay safe!

I've posted my CS, but feel free to correct me if anything seems wrong.

Interested. Since the guardians seem to be filled up, I'd like to play a magic researcher vested in returning magic to how it used to be.

I'd also like to exclusively deal in enchantments and develop a new brand of magic (over time) known as Magotech - which will basically be multiple enchantments working together self-sufficiently. If all that is okay with you, would I be able to start with Energy magic? And if so, how does one receive it - do you just need to be taught how to manipulate it?

Interested. Since the guardians seem to be filled up, I'd like to play a magic researcher vested in returning magic to how it used to be.

I'd also like to exclusively deal in enchantments and develop a new brand of magic (over time) known as Magotech - which will basically be multiple enchantments working together self-sufficiently. If all that is okay with you, would I be able to start with Energy magic? And if so, how does one receive it - do you just need to be taught how to manipulate it?
I agree with most of this, but energy magic is a result of the enchantment and only available to the guardian of such. I would say the the other elements would work though. Just remember opposites attract chaos, disharmony and extreme danger. Could be the start of a mana regenisis engine?

Kloudy Kloudy or maybe a better term would be a mana retro-genesis enchantment? Could allow people to use the wild magic at great power but also great danger? A lot of people want to have their magic uninhibited after all

Users who are viewing this thread

Back