• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern The End: Chapter 1 "Z-day"

Alex shrugged"daddy helped find my size"be told him. Alex then giggled"Rose had a big butt, so she'll need big pants!"he said, laughing. He then started to look around for clothes

Darren started laughing at his comment and then started walking around and gathering up some clothes for himself. "I'll get Rose's clothes, then... I can estimate her size, just about." He chuckled a little and started picking up a few things for her. A couple of pairs of jeans, some underwear, socks, shirts, and a jacket for when they went North. This was going to be enough for her, surely. "What size are you, then? Size seven, I'd imagine. Sizes work like ages, ninety percent of the time - You're a strong guy, though, so I'm not sure." He said playfully, smiling. (@TheMoonRose)

Kelt and his remaining friend had been on some of the back streets and roads for quite awhile now, yet they had little to talk about, actually, they had nothing to talk about, so they sat in silence while Kelt kept his eyes on the road. Thoughts had run through his head while he had driven down the numerous roads, along with some theories, concepts and possible conclusions as to why all this has happened. He thought this all up while watching the destruction that had taken place in not even a day's-length of time, which was down-right horrifying.

Kelt felt concerned for his friend, Skylar, who had said nothing himself. He realized that the eerie silence that was traded between the two friends was not good for their stability as of, so Kelt turned to look at his companion, trying to cough up some words of reasoning or concern, but the quick-to-think young-man was out of ideas for a few moments longer than normal before his eyes made contact with Skylar's left hand which was bloodied from a gash. It must have been from when he clocked that lady who was working at that stand, evidently saving his life.

"Hey, Skylar," Kelt started, "Your hand doing okay? You sure knocked the mess out of that lady. I'm glad I've got a friend like you who's willing to do things like that for me, by the way," Kelt complimented, laughing awkwardly as he turned back to face the dreary road which was lined with abandoned cars that Kelt had to swerve around often. (@DrTrollinski)

"I'm a size 10"Alex said happily. Her picked out some pants, shirt, and a jacket. He looked up at Darren"ready to go?"he asked,a huge smile on his little face.

"Yeah, it's fine." He mumbled simply, and then turned to look out of the window at the passing scenery. He didn't want to say anything else. He felt really sick, but he wasn't sure if it was a good idea to mention it or not. then again... Kelt was his friend, right? Yeah. He'd be able to help, surely, but things felt so unnatural at the minute, like time was slowing down. He had a strange crave for something that was slowly getting stronger, and his brain was thinking in a way that wasn't natural to him. "I said it's fine!" He yelled, slamming his head down against the dashboard with a loud grunt.

".. I don't feel so good... Stop the car." He said after five seconds. (@Jeopardized Jake)

--

"Ah, fair enough." He smiled and then gathered up some stuff of his own and then went over to the cashier counter where there was a rack with sunglasses. He picked up two pairs of aviators and then chuckled a little as he slipped one pair on. He actually grabbed another pair, just in case Rose wanted them. He turned back to Alex to see the huge grin that had gone across the boy's face. He was glad that he was having a decent enough time. For now.

"Yeah, I'm ready, soldier." He smiled and then slipped the over pair of glasses over Alex's face, setting them down over his eyes. "There you go. Now you look like you can take on the world." He smiled, and then held out a hand for him to take. "Right, Gun Store, and then one other store and we can head back to the truck and get going." He said. (@TheMoonRose)

Alex nodded and peeked outside. The smiled instantly disappeared from his little face. Coming towards the store was a group of 7-10 of the monstrous creatures. He quickly ran back inside.

Kelt glanced over at his friend when he said he was fine. He noted how he was speaking very slowly and he obviously sounded like he had come down with some sort of sickness within the last hour only. He nodded toward his friend, reckoning that it was probably best to not talk with him after all that shit had gone down, anyway, so he turned back to the road, swerving in and out of the cars until he heard a loud crack against the dashboard followed by the suddenly-angry voice of Skylar, who was shouting at him. Kelt flinched, never seeing his friend in such a state. When Skylar asked Kelt to pull over, he nodded obediently, too shocked to spit out any words.

He pulled over on the side of a road, opening the car door to get out. His face showed great concern for his friend who didn't look so good now that he got a better look at him. Kelt wondered what could have happened to cause such an odd sickness. He thought back to what they did at the mall, what they ate that day, where they had been, but nothing allowed him to pinpoint what could have caused one of his closest friends to come down with such a fast-developing sickness. "Skylar, you're okay, right? Just need a breath of fresh air?" he asked, concern prevalent in his voice.

"Shit." He muttered as soon as he saw them. He grabbed Alex and quickly rushed him behind the cashier's counter, and then crouched down right in front of him and put his hands on his shoulders, looking him in the eyes. ".. Alex... Remember what I said, okay?" He whispered to him. "You gotta' be brave... Rose is expecting us to come back..." He smiled at him and then ruffled his hair really gently. "You wait here, okay? No matter what, you don't run unless you really need to. I'll deal with them, but you need to stay strong and quiet for me, alright?" He offered him the most kind smile he could manage. (@TheMoonRose)

--

"Yeah, yeah..." He quickly got out the car and instantly vomited onto the road. Christ. What in the hell brought that on? ".. Fuck me." He whispered. "Kelt--.. We--.. We need to go to a hospital, or we need to find medicine." He quickly wiped some tears away as he collapsed back into the car. "I'm fuckin' dying, man!" He sobbed, quickly covering his face with his incredibly shaky hands. He didn't know what was going on. He felt so light-headed and ill. He was certain that he was slipping out of consciousness. (@Jeopardized Jake)

Kelt gulped, incredibly frightened by what disaster could be upon him next; his other friend's death. He knew that the Hospital would be the last place he would want to go right now, but he had to give his friend some sort of reassurance, so he turned off the road they were on and turned into a neighborhood. "The Hospital is too far off now. We'll find something from someone in one of these houses, though. Trust me, Skylar," Kelt stated, putting his free hand on his friend's shoulder, attempting to reassure him.

Alex nodded, his little body shaking."o-ok Darren"he said and hugged him. He was scared that he would lose his new friend to the monsters that had attacked his school."don't get hurt, ok?"he said softly as he looked up at him.

"Alright, alright, alright... Alright!" The last word was really aggressive and he slammed his head down on the dashboard several times over. "Fucking god damnit!" He screamed. "Make it quick, man. Holy shit!" He said, his voice suddenly becoming a mixture of shock, anger, sadness, and fear. Skylar didn't feel, act, or look right. If they were going to find that medicine, they were going to need to do it right now. (@Jeopardized Jake)

--

"Hey, hey, hey..." He said soothingly, hugging him tight. He made sure Alex's head was pressed against his chest, just so that he knew he was safe. ".. I wouldn't ever get hurt if you're around, alright?" He smiled a little and ruffled the boy's hair. "You're a brave boy. You're strong, Alex... Just... Stay calm, okay? I promise I'll be careful, but be nice and quiet." He said, softly, and then rubbed his back a little. (@TheMoonRose)

Alex sniffled and nodded. He pulled his new jacket over himself and crawled into a small cabinet. He covered his mouth and stayed as quiet as he could. He hoped that Darren wouldn't get hurt.

"Good boy... You make sure you call out if anything happens. And remember... Run and hide somewhere else if you have to. I'll be back, I promise." He said, and then quickly sprung up and jumped over the counter, the machete in the air as he ran out of the store and towards what seemed like impending doom. He'd seen one man shoot one in the head, and that kept it down. Permanently. A crowd, even this small, was really dangerous. He made sure that he lead all seven of them away from the door, just so Alex was safe. He didn't want him to get hurt. He wouldn't be able to live with himself if that happened.

Okay. One quick swing. The blade went straight into the first's one's head and dropped it to the ground. One down. The others were getting dangerously close, so he backed away a bit - he kited them around to make sure he could keep an eye on the store Alex was in. It all seemed safe so far. If he could do this silently, Rose wouldn't panic. That meant no guns, unless completely necessary. (@TheMoonRose)

Alex pulled his knees to his chest, shaking. He hid in the far back of the cabinet, do that none of the monsters could reach him. He kept a ear pressed to the wall to hear if he needed to run back over to Rose.

Kelt nodded, becoming frightened by his friend's sudden aggression and demanding instruction. He drove until he came across a house that didn't look like it had been ransacked, getting out of the car, grabbing his baseball bat as he went for safety measures before walking up to the front door of the house, knocking on the door. Once he had, he turned to his friend. "Hey, listen to me dude, everything gonna be fine, okay? We're just gonna get you some medicine and you'll be good as new," Kelt attempted to reassure his friend, however he didn't know how much of his own statement that he was willing to believe himself... (@DrTrollinski)

Darren was fighting as fast and as brutally as he could. Every one of them that came close got the same thing - a steel blade to the top, side, or the back of the head. He got lucky at one point. One lunged at him, and he managed to slip the blade right into its mouth and out through the back of its head. It was getting really dangerous now, but he was down to only three more. He wasn't showered with blood, but the whole street certainly was.

Two left.

One left.

It ended with one last swing. He took a deep breath and bent down, wiping the blood from the blade off on one of their shirts. As soon as that was done, he ran back over to the store, went inside, and then went behind the counter. Where was Alex hidden?

"Alex?! Where are you?" He called out to him. (@TheMoonRose)

--

".. I just--.. I..." He was starting to shamble as he walked towards the door, when he was halfway there he fell straight to the ground and started coughing violently. His body went off into a seizure, and he was drooling at the mouth. Good lord, what the hell had happened? He could feel himself slipping away now. He knew it was happening. He was dying, he was crying - He felt himself passing away. (@Jeopardized Jake)

(Hey what does it mean? The rp says chapter 1)

Alex heard him and quicky ran out from his hiding spot. He hugged Darren tightly. He was crying softly, shaking. He was extremely terrified. He looked up at him, visibly scared.

(Not a clue. You'll have to ask Robert when he's around.)

"Oh, buddy... Hey, hey..." He said gently, and then slowly sat down against the counter and pulled him down so that he was sat on his lap, and then he hugged him back. It was nice to see him again. He didn't know how to deal with crying kids, but it looked like now was the time. He felt really bad for him. The poor kid was shaking, too, so that could only mean that he had horrible memories come back to him from when his school was attacked, or something.

"It's okay, kiddo... It's okay." He said, rubbing his back. "You were really brave for me while I was out there... Well done, kiddo... I'm proud of you, okay?" He smiled a little and then took a deep breath. "Take a couple of minutes, take a few deep breaths... You're fine. You don't need to see what's out there, so when you're ready to go, I'll carry you, and you close your eyes, okay?" He explained. (@TheMoonRose)

(Alright, kinda curious to where he ran off to)

Alex nodded. He soon calmed down after a few minutes. He looked up at him"c-can we go back to the truck?"he asked softly. He wanted to leave this place as soon as possible.

".. We sure can... Come on, Alex... We've got two more places to stop at... and they're close, alright? Think you can hold it together for me while we got there? If you do, maybe I'll let you take a few of those candy bars we found for you to eat on the journey, eh? Plus... I need someone to keep me safe, too!" He smiled at him and kept an arm around his shoulders. ".. Think you're up for doin' that with me, buddy?" He asked. He hoped that Alex would come along, because right now, the gun store was sort of essential, and he wanted to get something from Dunkin' Donuts as a surprise for him. Well. Not much of a surprise, but something that would hopefully cheer him up after he got the bad news tomorrow morning. (@TheMoonRose)

"o-ok"Alex said nervously. He was scared of going outside again. Was Rose ok? He wasn't sure yet but maybe she was,he was going to see her after they went to the stores...right?

"Good boy... Come here, little guy." He said, lifting him up with one arm and leaving him sat against him. "You put your eyes on my shoulder and shut them tight, okay? I'll tell you when it's alright to open them again." He said, waiting for Alex to do as he asked. He walked to the door once Alex was all ready to avoid seeing the bloodbath that awaited outside, and then took a deep breath. "You ready, kiddo? We're almost done, and then we can go back to the truck and see Rose, alright?" He smiled a little. (@TheMoonRose)

Alex nodded and buried his face in Darren's shoulder. He closed his eyes as tight as he could. He was scared that the monsters would still be there and he didn't want to see them again.

"Right... You keep those eyes closed." He said as he carried him out of the door and through the pile of dead bodies. As they went by the bodies, one hand went up to Alex's head to make sure that he didn't look at all - Darren was gently pressing his head into his shoulder, just in case he got the urge to take a peek at anything. Darren made sure they moved as quickly as possible, too. He grabbed a bolt action rifle for Rose, a .44 Revolver for himself, an M1911 for Rose, and a Beretta 9mm for Alex, that Rose would hopefully be alright with him practicing with. Right after that, the whole time making sure that Alex's head was against his shoulder, he ran and grabbed a box of donuts from Dunkin' Donuts and shoved them into his bag, and then walked back out and down the street a little.

"You can open your eyes now. We can get back to the truck." He smiled.

Alex looked up at him"A-are the monsters gone?"He asked softly. He looked tired from all that had happened that day. He was starting to nod off as they talked to each other.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back