• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern The End: Chapter 1 "Z-day"

".. It's fine." He followed her into the kitchen, only to find George munching down on a bag of potato chips. He smiled at the boy sat at the kitchen table and then took a deep breath. "The woman you saw in the picture was our mom... Our dad ain't there... He passed away not too long after George was born." He sighed. "Eh, buddy?" He called out to George for confirmation, whom of which nodded and smiled.

"Yeah... Dad died, but it's okay... I've got mom and James, so I'm happy." He said cheerfully. James suddenly had an overwhelming pride tip out of his heart. He was glad that the little one as so capable of looking over the bad things and seeing the good. James nodded at him and then turned to Alex with a smile.

"So. Are you a good cook? As for me... I'm probably the only man in the world who can burn boiled eggs." He laughed. (@RoleplayChiQ)

"I'll do it"she said, using her own machete. She walked outside and looked around and went inside. She slowly exploded the house . It was a three bedroom house with a small living room and bathroom. She saw the two smaller bedrooms were for children. She didn't see any undead and started to come back.

Last edited by a moderator:
Alex couldn't help but laugh at his little statement regarding him being the only man in this world who could probably burn boiled eggs. That's the first she ever heard of that, ugh her crappy sense of humor. How she hated it. Figuring maybe she shouldn't ask about their mother's whereabouts, she decide to just walk over to the kitchen, opened the fridge and took out everything she needed for an ham and egg sandwich.

It only took her about thirty minutes to finish her cooking, throughout the entire time she can hear James and George laughing, talking, teasing each other. Something Alexandra needed to hear. For once everything seemed normal, it was like she just came to visit a good friend and his little brother instead of the fact that she killed someone who's sure enough already dead and had to run away to save their asses.

She took the two plates first for the two boys and placed them on the table before taking the last one for herself and sat in front of James.

"Alright dig in." She said with a smile and quickly took a bite from the dish she made, with satisfaction on how it tasted she mentally gave herself a high five before taking another bite. "Maybe we should open the TV or something..."

(@TheMoonRose - Can you edit your post and put more detail in about searching the ranch, please?)

--

"Awesome, Alex. Thank you." He smiled and picked up the sandwich and took a huge bite of it, and George also quickly did the same. The food was going down a treat. It was such a simple recipe, yet James was sure he hadn't eaten anything better than this in the past few months. Let's be honest - James' cooking wasn't exactly fantastic, like he'd stated already. The main highlight of his cooking was probably successfully making some instant noodles.

"Thank you, Alex." George said politely, alongside a little smile. He went straight back to tucking in after that. James listened to Alex's concerns of turning the TV on, and then took the TV remote from the kitchen table and aimed it up at the TV in the top corner opposite the table and then flicked it on. They had nothing but blue screens across all the channels, and the TV service was down.

"Damn it." James said, sighing. (@RoleplayChiQ)

DrTrollinski said:
".. I just--.. I..." He was starting to shamble as he walked towards the door, when he was halfway there he fell straight to the ground and started coughing violently. His body went off into a seizure, and he was drooling at the mouth. Good lord, what the hell had happened? He could feel himself slipping away now. He knew it was happening. He was dying, he was crying - He felt himself passing away. (@Jeopardized Jake)
(Clawed my way back from the pit of Christmas cheer for the time-being.)

One Kelt saw his friend collapse, so incredibly broken down and torn, he began to feel his eyes water up as he watched his vision go blurry. Why did all of this have to happen? No... Why did it happen? What swirl of events could have led up to this day where it all transpired into him being bowed on his knees over one of his best friend's bodies in the middle of a war-torn-looking Texas in the yard of someone who probably became one of those monsters themselves? Kelt waited for a few moments, yet nothing came to him, no answers like he often had during times of distress, no way out. All that was there was an eerie silence, like everything had died away for this one moment.

(@DrTrollinski)

Skylar started groaning and coughing, and some blood came up from inside his body and poured out of his mouth onto the ground. Skylar's stiff and shaky hand reached up and latched onto Kelt's thigh, and Skylar himself continued to grunt and groan and hiss and cough, all while trying to get off off of his back and into a position where he could take a bite.

That was unknown to Kelt, though. How was he supposed to know what his friend was really planning?

From this angle, he just looked incredibly sick with all the blood, and so on. (@Jeopardized Jake)

Why was Alex somehow expecting it when the TV opened up without any services or networks? Maybe her thought about the end of the world happening right now was right, but of all the ways why the hell would it be an apocalypse where the dead would come back to eat them alive. Shit.

She heaved a heavy sigh suddenly loosing her appetite but forced herself to take another bite knowing either way she was still starving.

"Those things. Anything you know about them?" Alex asked with a glance at James, hoping somehow he'd have something good to share.

"Not a thing..." He sighed a little and then looked over at George, whom of which was mostly done with his sandwich. James grinned as George shoved the last of his sandwich into his mouth and smiled back up at him. "You alright there now, buddy?" He asked, George quickly nodded and hopped up from his seat, running to James' side and giving him a hug.

".. Uh-huh..." He smiled. He soon looked up at him, his smile fading. ".. Is it--.. Is it okay if I go pee?" He asked, his voice close to a whisper. James couldn't help but whisper as he reached down and ruffled his hair.

"Of course, buddy... You go ahead. We're safe here, okay?"

George shot out of the room and ran upstairs, and straight into the bathroom. He slammed the door shut and locked it.

James looked at Alex and laughed. "I'm sorry he's so lively... He tires me out. Being away for a few months made me forget how active he is." He laughed. (@RoleplayChiQ)

"He's so adorable." Alex said with a smile as she finished her sandwich. Figuring now just might be the time to talk about whatever the hell is going on, she decided to just speak up. "I know a few. My roommate... I came home this morning and found her inside the bathroom-" Alex paused to take a deep breath as she tried to refresh the memory she tried so hard not to think about. "She was full of blood, everywhere and she had this bite on her neck that just won't stop gushing out blood. She said it happened last night during the sorority parties-" She continues knowing for sure since James goes to the same school he probably knows all about the yearly parties. "When I got there it was to be at least a few hours since she got bit then....Then she died." Alex gulped and shook her head fighting the tears that threaten in her eyes.

"But she didn't stay dead, she came back. As those things and attacked me. So I had to do what I did." Alex said in finality before giving James another awkward smile. The pain on loosing her best friend whom she have known for years was still fresh, and the slightest bit of thinking about it makes it all even worse. "So any dead bodies without any fracture on their heads...Will come back..."

Alex hesitated for a while...

"To kill the living."

TheMoonRose said:
"I'll do it"she said, using her own machete. She walked outside and looked around and went inside. She slowly exploded the house . It was a three bedroom house with a small living room and bathroom. She saw the two smaller bedrooms were for children. She didn't see any undead and started to come back.

"He is. He's always had that effect on people..." He smiled. "It's strange... He never really knew his father, and I was the one that sort of replaced him. I got a job, I took him out to nice places, but I made sure he never called me daddy... I didn't want him to ever go through that heartbreak when he found out that I wasn't his dad." He sighed. "I wanted him to know what it was like to have a daddy, and I told him that that was always what it was like... It was like having a really good friend who helped you to do everything and learn new things... Someone who cared for you, and did everything that a normal friend wouldn't do." He shrugged a little. ".. I guess that--.. When he grew up in a place that wasn't exactly very happy... He just... Y'know... He grew up to be the most cute and happy kid you could ever meet." He gave a happy laugh.

He listened to her talk about her friend, and his face turned a little glum. When she got to the part about killing her, he slowly reached out across the table and took hold of her hand while listening to the rest of the story. It was all scary stuff, but the damage to the head thing? He knew that already, evidently. He gently rubbed her hand as he heard the flush of a toilet upstairs, and offered her a kind smile.

"We'll figure something out, alright... While I've got the chance... Thank you." He smiled. (@RoleplayChiQ

--

When Darren saw her walking back he could only assume that everything was all clear seeing as she wasn't showered in blood, and she didn't look panicked at all. He sighed a little and then opened up the truck door, and then slowly lifted Alex up in his arms and set his head on his shoulder, his arms linked under his legs so that he could carry him.

".. Rose... Are there clean beds in there?" He asked. ".. Little man here could use a proper night's sleep." He said. (@TheMoonRose)

Rose nodded"the parent's bed looks the cleanest so he can sleep there"she said and led him inside. She too him to the parent's bedroom. The furniture had a thick layer of dust on it, but other then that it was clean.

".. Alright." He smiled a little and then followed her through into the ranch house, and then carried Alex through to the bedroom. It was quite a nice room with a big king bed, a nice little dresser with a mirror, and a little foot box at the bottom of the bed that most likely contained some kinds of pointless valuables that were only relative to the people that once lived here.

He didn't care about that, though.

He carried him over to the bed, pulled the covers back, and then set Alex down on it, gently lowering his head onto the pillow. Once that was done, he gently slipped off Alex's shoes and then put them down on the floor beside the bed, and then tucked him in before leaning over and gently ruffling his hair.

"Sleep well, little man." He whispered, and then looked up at Rose. ".. It's been too long since I've slept... Do you mind keeping watch for a couple of hours while I sleep? We'll switch watch duty every two hours." He said. "Before we do that... Want to help me unpack?" He asked. (@TheMoonRose)

Rose nodded"alright I'll take first watch and ok let's go unpack"she told him. She left the house and walked to the truck. She took the backpacks inside first, putting them on the foot box in the master bedroom. She then went to get the food and water.

Darren went out and brought the sleeping bags in, as well as some of the other stuff that they were going to need if they ever came to a point where they were going to have to stay out in the middle of nowhere. He was going to stay in the same room as Alex, just for safety. The kid had really grown on him, and the last thing that he wanted to do was to let something happen to him. At least if something happened inside the room (for example, something breaking through the window) he'd be right there to help out if he was needed.

Once everything was inside, he made sure the front and back doors were unlocked and then went into the main bedroom again, collapsing into the free space. There was plenty of room between himself and Alex, and he made sure he didn't get too close. He didn't sleep under the covers, either, only on top of them - if he was under them, that'd be plain weird.

"Wake me up in two hours, okay?" He asked, yawning a little.

Alex looked down on their hands that were touching each other, somehow it was comforting to know someone got your back. She probably shouldn't have just talked about those things. His story about him and George isn't the best happy ending but at least it was something else, she wanted to ask more about their father, clearly something isn't patched up in their family but hearing the flush from upstairs could only mean the little boy was coming down any time now. So Instead she cleared her throat and smile at James.

"Yeah, and umm thanks. If it wasn't for you I would've been dead. Or probably dead but still walking...Y'know." She said with a smile hating herself for having the worse sense humor in the world, how can she not be able to hit punchlines correctly? "I owe you." She said looking into his eyes not aware anymore that their hands were still touching each other.

Rose nodded and sat in a chair. She hummed very softly as she took her watch. After a while she started to sing the words very softly. She was singing an unrecognizable song.

He chuckled a little and smiled at her, still gently caressing her hand with his own. "I know what you mean." He smiled and squeezed her hand, and then looked off towards the hallway that lead through to the kitchen to see George running back down it. He laughed a little as the young boy came right at him and dived up onto his lap with a cheeky little grin and giggle.

"Hey there, big guy..." He grinned and hugged him with one arm while keeping hold of Alex's hand with the other. "Have you not got anything to do? You wanna' play the Xbox?" He asked, George shook his head and set his head down against James' side. "Uh... What about those books you read?" He asked, George nodded a little and then smiled.

".. I'll read. yeah." He said, and then got up, shot a smile at Alex, and then left the room again to only run back upstairs, once he was gone, James chuckled and then looked back across at Alex.

"I hope that George isn't being too much of a bother... He's always up and about like that... I think it's just because you're a new person in out lives, you know? Once he gets used to you being here, I think he'll settle down a little." He laughed. "Trust me... He's so cute when he's tired. If he gets too tired, he gets a little tearful, but other than that, he'll be all for hugs and kisses and bedtime stories." He chuckled a little and then fell silent, the smile keeping up as he reached up with his free hand to cup Alex's with both of his hands instead.

".. Do you have any family near here? Any brothers or sisters?" He asked. (@RoleplayChiQ)

--

Darren smiled at her and then rolled over onto his side so that he could face Alex, and then shut his eyes and yawned a couple of times before finally drifting off to sleep. He really needed the rest, and he was out like a light. He assumed that if Alex woke up needing anything, he'd probably wake up as well - Alex looked so tired, though, so he expected to have two hours of uninterrupted sleep until Rose woke up. (@TheMoonRose)

Rose yawned as she waited patiently. She smiled softly when two hours had passed. She walked over and gently shook him"Darren"she said softly, trying her best not to spook him too much.

Darren was having quite a horrid dream before he was woken by Rose. He had a dream about Alex... It was something he didn't even want to think about. Something he didn't want to speak about. He just wanted to tuck it away and hope that it didn't happen. He was quite startled by Rose as he was woken by her, he quickly opened his eyes and sat up, instantly assuming that something was wrong.

"What, trouble?" He asked, quickly looking around. (@TheMoonRose)

"It's been two hours"she told him calmly."what's wrong? Did you have a nightmare?"she asked. To her, he was sweating and had a terrified look.

Alex was all smiles as she listened intently to James talk about his little brother, she can just tell how much he loves him. The way he talks about his silly little ways, how teary eyed he gets when he starts to feel sleepy. All of which were adorable to Alex. She wished she had a little sister or brother to share her childhood with, to her dismay she was the only child her mother could have due to an ovary illness that might cause complications once she gets pregnant again, which might cause her own life.

The smile she had slowly faded when James asked about her family, whether she had a few who were anywhere near. With what's going on out there, she didn't want to think if Russia is anywhere the same case as the United States. Could things be better there? Or worse? "Ummm, I don't." She said softly before pulling away from him and standing up to take all their dishes to the sink to wash them. "Only child, mom and dad are in Russia since a few days ago. Business stuff... I don't even know if they're okay." She said sadly as she washed the plates one by one. George's footsteps were audible as he marched down the stairs, she caught a glimpse of him carrying at least three books. That made her smile.

A part of her wanted to know if her parents are okay, if they're safe...But a part of her would rather not know. At least there's still a bit of hope that they're okay. Any confirmation about them in the same case as her, or probably worse would break her by now. "Do you umm... Have anything I can use to c-" Before Alex could even finish what she was saying someone from outside called for help, the loud scream surely to catch the attention of one of the infected. Alex's hand came to her back and quickly pulled out the knife out of instincts before walking closer beside James. "She needs to shut the hell up or she'll draw them here..."

"Well, think about this - I was an only-child for seventeen years before George came along." He chuckled a little. "When I was George's age, I was giving the whole 'mommy, daddy! I wanna' have a little brother!', but... One thing lead to another, and it never really happened until my childhood was over, but oh well. No point crying over spilled milk." He explained, giving a gentle smile. He listened to her talk about her own family, and how they'd gone out to Russia again. He imagined that them leaving would have been enough heartbreak already - with the given situation on top of it, it must have been crushing.

"I'm sorry to hear about your parents... I hope that they find safety out there. If it's the same as it is here, I mean." He sighed a little and took a glance at the entrance of the kitchen as George walked back in and went to the table. He sat down beside Alex's chair and smiled as he opened up one of his three books. It was one of the 'Goosebumps' books - Light horror for younger audiences, but not quite as young as George.

"George... You know that those books give you nightmares."

"No they don't." He grinned. "I'm good at reain' 'em. I like 'em a lot." He explained as he turned one to the first page and smiled. James sighed and stood up with a chuckle. He went by George and ruffled his hair before walking over to Alex.

"Alex... If you ever need someone to talk to about... Well... Anything. I just want you to know that I'm there." He offered kindly, and then a woman started screaming outside, which startled all of them. "Everyone relax... What should we do? Shall we just leave her?" He asked. (@RoleplayChiQ)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back