• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern The End: Chapter 1 "Z-day"

Alex shot a glance at James, fear in her eyes. For their entire ride towards here numerous of people called out for help, and every time they didn't even stop to help. Perhaps it was now time to help since they do have a safe place to offer. "Let's take her in... If she keeps that up she'll get us all dead." Alex said before storming out the door and ran towards the gate. "Hey! Hey in here!" She whispered to the girl who appeared to be the same age as her. What the hell is she screaming about? There's not even one of those things out there or anyone after her, all she's doing is looking for some with her noise. The girl quickly ran towards the gate, falling down twice before climbing the driveway covers and entering the gate as Alex helped her.

"Are you okay? Come on lets get you inside." Alex offered and reached her a hand as she lay on the ground breathing heavily, her eyes in tears. Clearly she's been through hell too...Just like them.

"Shit." The blonde girl cursed before sitting up straight and taking Alex's hand. "T-Thank you." She said as she still cried and couldn't help herself and hugged James. Alex shot her a glance, what the hell? Why hug him when she was the one in front of her?

"James oh my god since when were you back? Are you okay? What the fuck is happening." She asked James right after she pulled slightly away from him. Alexandra figured this two probably know each other, the girl probably being from around here. Not understanding how she feels she went back inside the house knowing the two followed.

(How about I handle another NPC to keep it more interesting? :) She's a girl from James' neighbor and sorta had this thing for him.)

"Jessica, hey..." He hugged her back and patted her back, and then walked into the house with her. It'd been a while since he'd seen Jessica. He didn't see her the last time he visited, and he used to hang out with her quite a lot when he was younger. Sometimes they'd take George out to town together and see movies and eat McDonald's and so on. It was quite relaxing to see her again, but old faces don't usually bring any new surprises. ".. It's great to see you..." He said, shutting the door over once they were both inside.

He looked off at Alex and gave a smile. "Allow me to introduce, Alex... Alex, this is Jessica. Jessica, this is Alex. She was going to the same University as me... We only met today, but... I guess you can call us friends." He chuckled a little. "My brother's in the kitchen - You've probably seen him more than I have over the past few months." He chuckled. "Did you ever come and visit him and our mom while I wasn't here?" He asked. He wouldn't be surprised if she had, she could be nice like that. (@RoleplayChiQ)

--

"Yeah... Just a bad dream." He quickly shook his head and stood up, and then wandered over to the chair and looked off at Alex with a concerned look. He was worried about him, but Alex was still fast asleep. What more could he ask for? At least he was safe. With that, he shook off his concerns and looked off at Rose. ".. It's nothing... I'll wake you up in a couple of hours, yeah?" He smiled weakly at her as he set his shotgun down on her lap. (@TheMoonRose)

Alex gave the girl named Jessica a smile and waved at her. "Hi." She said nicely and got a nod from the blonde girl in response. Alex shrugged and decide to just continue her washing, but her attention on them listening as they talked.

"If you didn't tell me who she was I would think she's your new girlfriend. You know..." Jessica said with a smile before wiping more of her tears and gave James another tight hug. "And yeah, I've been here every now and then to see how George and your mom is. Bringing him his favorite snacks often." Jessica sat on the chair and buried her face on her palms as she took a deep breath. "They're all dead... Mom, dad...Josh." Then suddenly the girl came bursting into tears again. Alex slowly turned around and leaned against the counter as she watched, listening intently.

"It started somewhere around 5am. Someone was hitting our door, dad came down to check with his bat. When he opened the door that THING came toppling over, him...R-ripped his face and fucking ate him. Then two more of those entered attacking mom and josh. I-I was in the stairs, I just watched I couldn't do anything so I ran back up and hid. When I c-came down earlier they were gone... Even my family's body weren't there..." Jessica spoke through sobs and tears as she hugged James again.

Alex couldn't help but feel bad for her, she's been through the same thing as her but even that's worse...She saw her own family killed right before her eyes. But when she hugged James again, she just felt this overwhelming urge to rip her away from him. Clearing her throat she took a glass of water and handed it to her with a smile. "Thanks." Jessica whispered and took a sip...

"Alright... Alright, shh..." James said, hugging her tight. He look up at Alex and gave a sad and sympathetic frown. He remembered the time when Josh was first born, and he remembered what a nice kid he was. Once George got old enough, sometimes Josh came over on Saturdays to play soccer with George. The fact that they were all dead was a real shocker. Jessica's family were good people, that was for sure, he was just glad that they weren't in the same room as George, because he'd be freaking out if they were.

".. Look... You can stay here if you want. I mean... Strength in numbers, right? It's the best choice we have now, but... You need some time to grieve, okay? You probably haven't had the time to mourn your family... You said you didn't find bodies... Are you sure that your mom and Josh didn't get out?" He asked, gulping a little in hesitation.

(@RoleplayChiQ)

"No...I'm sure. I-I saw it." Jessica's voice were shaking as she held the glass of water, figuring she might drop it anytime soon she slowly placed the glass on the table before taking a long deep breath. "Can I sleep somewhere? I've cried the entire night and haven't got a chance to sleep since this morning after I hid. I don't know what the hell is happening but my mind just isn't working right now." Jessica glanced at Alex and gave her another smile before walking upstairs to the rooms as James leads her.

Alex looked at them till they were gone and she slowly walked to George and gave him a pat on the head. "Are they close?" She asked the little boy who was obviously listening to Jessica's story. She feared what might be going on inside George's head, on what might all this cost for him. Alex was thankful though that he still hasn't been asking questions, because so far answers are something they don't have.

James nodded at her and stood up from the couch, patting her shoulder. "Sure... There's a guest bedroom you can have, alright? We'll be downstairs if you need anything, okay? Just holler." He smiled and then took her upstairs, and then took her down the hallway, past George's bedroom, and then into the spare room that was right beside it. On the other side of George's room, there was the bathroom, and at the bottom of the hallway, the main bedroom was there.

"Sleep well." He smiled as he pushed the door open.

--

George looked up at her and smiled, holding his book open still. ".. Kinda..." He shrugged a little. "I mean... They're good friends, they used to hang out a lot whenever James came home." He explained. ".. They've never done any of the other stuff... You know... Kissing, and stuff." He said. He said it as if it was a crime of some sort, which was quite funny.

".. Is--.. Is everyone dead, Alex...?" He asked in a whimper, his smile quickly fading. (@RoleplayChiQ)

Jessica gave James one finally hug before slightly pulling away with a smile, tears still stinging in her eyes but she fought the urge to cry. Is it even possible to ran out of tears? She hoped so, this things just won't stop. "Your mom... Auntie-" Jessica always found herself closed to James' family that she calls their mother 'Auntie' and so does James to her parents. "I wanted to ask earlier but then George..."

--

Alexandra cleared her throat and slowly knelt down in front of George. Great, just as she feared. "Look...Just don't worry about anything okay? J-James and I are here for you. We don't know what the hell is going on but, were gonna be fine okay? Stop worrying." She reached to him and gave the little boy a hug before slightly pulling away and placing a hand on the boys soft cheek. "No kissing and stuff huh?" Alex said with a smile before pinching George's nose.

"She didn't come back." He sighed. ".. I expected her to have picked up George from school. I and Alex arrived at the school just in time to save him from getting torn about. He was hidden in one of the stalls in the bathroom not too far from his class... He--.. He was scared. The class he was in didn't have any dead bodies, so he--.. He got left behind." He sighed shakily and patted her shoulder. "He'll be fine, okay...? We've got him. We'll look after him, all of us." He explained. "Sleep well, Jess." He smiled a little.

--

".. Thanks, Alex..." He leaned forward and hugged her again, closing his eyes as he set his head down against her body. "And no... No kissing... I see older kids kiss at school, but... We don't." He grinned and then looked down at her book. "Do you wanna' sit and listen to me read? I'm good at readin', I promise!" He said. (@RoleplayChiQ)

Jessica place a hand on James' face and slowly leaned in to give him a kiss on his lips. She always had feelings for him, since then. But she never dared to tell him or show him any of her feelings in fear that it might affect their friendship. "Sorry..." She said right after pulling away from his lips, quickly she turned her back from him and entered the door closing in behind her. She shook her head as her hands made its way to her lips. She walked towards the bed, lay down to close her eyes and waited till she drifted off.

--

Alex couldn't help herself but chuckle at how adorable George was she just couldn't help it. She gave him a gently pinch on the cheek before giving him a quick nod. "You sure your good? Alrighty then." Alex sat on a chair right across from him and leaned on the table like she was eager to hear his story. "Better be good." She said with a smile as she watched the little boy starting to read the book in his hands.

James said nothing. It looked like this was going to be a game of fairness. What was he going to do now? He'd met two girls in one day, well, he knew one of them already, but now... What was he meant to do? Alex helped him save his brother, and Jessica was a childhood friend. Was it right to try and choose over that, though? He didn't know what to think. He wasn't sure. He just wanted to stay friendly with everyone, that's all. He went to his own bedroom and looked at some of the posters on the wall, the blue walls, the king bed, the computer, the Xbox, the TV. It was nice. Nice to be back here. He went over and collapsed onto the bed, his face buried in the pillow.

--

"It will be." He grinned. "This one's about a boy who goes to stay with his grandma in the swamp, and--.. There's a monster there, and him and his friend have to try and get away from the monster! I haven't finished it yet, but... I'll start again for you." He smiled thoughtfully and flicked back to the first page. "I'll read Chapter One... And... Then we can go do somethin' else, if ya' want to." He smiled. (@RoleplayChiQ)

Rose smiled"thanks"she said softly. She took her jacket off and put it on a chair. She crawled into bed and pulled the blanket over herself. She then started to fall asleep.

Getting in a push bike and pedalling away from the airport, Matt wanted to get further away from any crowds. There was something he couldn't stand about being in a crowd, possibly the closeness of others or maybe just his paranoia either way, he pushed past people, hordes of people, fleeing from Newark International Airport. There were those that were wondering why he was travelling at at such a speed, that of 10 miles per hour, but he didn't stop to tell them.

"All I have to do is to keep the Statue of liberty to my right hand side, and I'll have made it to New York."

He pedalled along the road, on the right hand side so that he didn't get ran over, at quite a pace as he came to the toll bridge. Fumbling in his jacket, Matt found a dollar from some change and threw it in the change receiver. The bar lifted up as Matt began pedalling again, this time though, much faster than he did before as he had a long straight road ahead of himself.

"Okay...just...a...few...miles...more..." He panted and gasped, he was quite unfit. He'd not rode a bike in years, and the last time he had there was a collision with a stationary child on their bike. He had almost forgotten about his incident before today, but now it came back into his head he pedalled until it hurt his calf muscles.

Getting off of the bridge, Matt was lost. He had never actually been to New York before, the closest he had ever came was the Newark Airport.

"Damn, and just my luck I'll get lost and end up getting stabbed." He slowed down his pace, the streets were busy and the sidewalks weren't to pleasant either. Looking about, Matt tried to find a Tourist Information centre. Something he had not wanted to find really, it seemed like such an obvious place, for people not of America, to go. Spotting a cinema, Matt road across a street. Lucky for him that there weren't any police bothered by his jaywalking.

Parking the bike outside, Matt passed the front doors without being bothered by the ticket dispenser. Something was distracting everyone in New York, Matt was just oblivious to it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back