• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern The End: Chapter 1 "Z-day"

Seeing as Rose was armed, Darren decided that he was going to stick with Alex and keep an eye on him, just in case anything went wrong. He saw him grabbing all of the snacks, so he slipped his backpack off of his shoulders and dropped it onto the floor beside him. He patted his head with one hand and then went back to scanning around with the shotgun raised.

"Shove all the snacks into my bag, kiddo. Once you've done that, take a walk with me, and we'll start to gather some real food, alright? Something we can eat every day that ain't snacks." He smiled. (@TheMoonRose)

Alex nodded and saw some canned food. He walked over to that aisle and started to take cans off the shelf. Rose smiled and went to take the water to the truck.

"Alright... Awesome. That should be enough food for the three of us. We need to go easy on it all, okay? We can't eat too much of it." He said. "We need to ration it, make sure it lasts and all that - Make sure you say if you need something to eat, and then we'll figure something out." He explained. He looked off towards the Men's Restroom at the back of the door and then took a long deep breath. He needed to go. After that bottle of water, he figured that Alex might need to as well - even if he didn't, it'd be better to at least try.

"Alex... I've gotta' head to the bathroom, alright? Do you need to go? You should try, at least... We won't get the chance to make many stops on the road." He explained. (@TheMoonRose)

(Don't forget what I said. Please try and use as much detail as possible and avoid writing one line. I need to enforce the rules as a thread admin, and it makes things more difficult when it comes to me replying. Thanks in advance.)

Darren was quick to follow after him. He was worried that Alex would walk in on some sort of bloodbath, or one of the monsters in the bathroom. Thankfully, when they went inside, it seemed to be all clear - there were no groans, no blood, and no bad smells. That was a good sign. While Alex went off into one of the stalls, Darren quickly used one of the urinals and then went to the sinks to wait for Alex. Once Alex came out, he washed his hands (Yep, water was still running. For now.) and then looked down at him while he was doing so.

"I need to make a run to a couple more stores, alright, pal? You going to wait in the truck with your sister? I don't mind bringing you along, as long as she's okay with it." He said. (@TheMoonRose)

(Alright sorry :) )

Alex stood on his tip toes. He tried his best to wash his hands but the sinks were taller then he was."Can you help Darren?"He asked,looking up at him. Rose began to fill her backpack with first aid supplies. Since they were taking a bit,she might as well get prepared.

"Of course I can, buddy." He smiled and then reached down, carefully sweeping him up in his arms and then sitting him down on the edge of one of the other sinks. He could reach over to one of the other ones from there. "So, you waiting in the truck with your sister when we get out, or are you sticking with me?" He asked, standing beside the sink he was sat on so that he could help him back down once he'd washed his hands. (@TheMoonRose)

"I'll stay with you!"Alex said happily. He finished washing his hands. He then began to climb down from the sink. Rose grabbed some gauze, alcohol, bandages, cleaning wipes, and some other things that they might need if anyone of them got hurt. She also grabbed a map to help them find a safe area to set up camp.

"Alrighty, good to know." He took his hand to help him down from the sink again, and then released him and nodded towards the door. "Let's go tell Rose the plan, then. She's armed, so she can look after the truck and take some of the stuff back while I keep an eye on you - This place is... Well, it's empty, from what I can see. All the people that lived here must have made a run for it." He explained, and then walked back through the bathroom door and lead Alex out into the main part of the supermarket. He was glad that he was on good grounds with Alex now - He assured himself that he wouldn't let anything happen to him.

"Hey, Rose!" He called out to her, waving across to her. "Alex here decided that he wanted to stay with me while I run to a couple more stores. You alright with taking some stuff back and watching the truck while we do that?" He asked.

"Well...alright but keep my brother safe"She told him"Or you'll be the next person to die in this town"She added with a sigh. Alex smiled"What store do we go to first?"He asked as he peaked out the front doors.

He looked a little bit offended. ".. Now, now... There's no need for that, is there?" He sighed. "Of course I'll keep him safe." He said, his tone a little more quiet. He waited for her to leave and then caught up with Alex, looking out of the front door with him. ".. Well... We need to figure out where everything is first. We might want to grab some clothes, too, so that's one place we can go. We'll look around for the stores I need to go to, and I'll tell you which ones we need to stop at once we find them, okay?" He smiled weakly. "You all ready to go?" He said. (@TheMoonRose)

Rose rolled her eyes and went back to finding medical supplies. She also grabbed some medicines. Alex nodded"We might need tents in case we need to sleep outside"He told him"I think there's a hunting store"He added,smiling.

"Good thinking, buddy." He said, patting his head and then pushing the door open, his shotgun at the ready. "As per usual, tell me if you see anything and stick close, okay? We'll be find on our little shopping trip if we do that... Let's look around for a hunting store to start off with, and then we'll grab a tent." He smiled and then began to lead him down the street. There were no signs of life anywhere, it seemed. That was probably a good thing, though. (@TheMoonRose)

Alex followed him closely. He was holding a bat that he had found at the store. He softly grabbed Darren's hand,scared that a monster would attack them. He opened the door to the store once they made it there."Ok we'll need a tent, sleeping bags, a fishing pole, and maybe some animal feed if you want to try to hunt"He told him.

Darren was a little surprised when he felt Alex's hand against his own, but he figured that the kid must have been scared or worried about something. He squeezed his hand and continued to lead him on until they found the said hunting store that they were looking for. It was small and quaint, but it must have had all the basics that they needed. He looked down at Alex as he spoke, and felt a little tang of pride go through him. It was nice to see that Alex was logical, and knew what was important, especially at such a young age.

"Well, aren't you the good little hunter?" He grinned and ruffled Alex's hair as they walked through the door. "The animal feed... We don't need to worry too much about that. We need everything else, definitely." He smiled. "Why don't you have a look around for a nice big... five man tent?" He asked. "You do that, and I'll check around the store to make sure everything's safe." He explained.

(Sorry it took so long. I fell asleep.)

(It's alright :) oh and I saw this cool rp you might like)

Alex smiled brightly. He ran to the camping department. He found some tents, but none were as big as he wanted, so he grabbed two, two-man tents. He then saw a small cooking stove and grabbed it. He dragged the things to the front of the store and then ran to the fishing/hunting department.

"Alex, pal." He said, picking up the tents again. "Good work and all, but it'll be much safer if we're all in one large tent. We can keep an eye on each other that way, okay?" He said, and then took the tents back and hung them back up, followed by taking hold of one of the five-man tents and dragging that back to the front and dropping it down beside the other stuff. A five man tent would offer them all enough room, and they wouldn't all be huddled together. It was much better that way. "Get two fishing rods, okay? I'm gonna' check the storage room, so call me if you see anything." He said, and then went to the 'Tools' aisle and grabbed a machete, and then made his way off towards a door at the back of the store. (@TheMoonRose)

Alex nodded and went to the fishing/hunting aisle. He grabbed two fishing poles and a bait and tackle box. He looked around some more and found one box of shotgun ammo. He dragged the things to the front, next to the other supplies. He then ran back to the aisle and found some freeze dried food. He put them in a back pack and then grabbed a water filter.

As Darren opened up the back door, he instantly heard groans coming from inside and quickly slammed the door shut. He gulped, took a deep breath, and then ran off to find Alex. Thankfully, the boy was unharmed and still enthusiastically gathering up all of the useful stuff that they were going to need. Darren went up and took three adult sleeping bags from the rack, two of them were blue, and one was red. Not too long after that, he went over to Alex and then crouched down beside him.

"Alex... Don't go through the door at the back, alright? I think there's some of the monsters back there, but they can't get in here. I promise." He said. "You've done really well, pal. Good work." He said, trying to offer him a bit of praise and encouragement as he ruffled his hair. (@TheMoonRose)

Alex smiled happily"thanks Darren!"he said happily. He opened the back pack that he had found."look what I found!"he said, showing Darren the freeze dried food and water filter. He was thinking of they were doing was like a camping trip.

"Well, would you look at that." He grinned and then ruffled his hair once again as he looked down in the bag. "Looks like you're the one who's in charge of this road-trip, huh? Next thing you'll be doing is replacing me and driving the truck!" He said, a little playfully, just so he could seem excited and impressed with the effort Alex was putting in. He was glad that he was so enthusiastic and outgoing about it all. He was just praying that the poor kid wasn't going to suffer too much as time went on - he was really going to have to be there for him tomorrow when he found out about his father and his other sister. He was dreading that moment, but he was going to have to eliminate that awkwardness around crying children - he couldn't let Alex down.

"It's good that you found dried food. It'll last us longer." He smiled. "If there's anything else you want to grab from this store, you go ahead and do it." He said, and then reached over and took a large backpack from one of the hangers. He needed one himself, too. "If you don't need anything else... I'll say we're all good to go." He smiled. "Good work, buddy. Keep it up." He nodded at him and gave him a thumbs up, too. (@TheMoonRose)

Alex smiled and looked around. He found a swiss knife and smiled. He slipped it into his pocket and ran over to Darren"I'm ready to go!"he told him excitedly. Rose sighed softly, waiting for the both of them to return. She had made sure all of the stuff they had found was packed up in the truck.

"Awesome stuff... We'll make a stop to a clothes store to grab a few extra shirts and stuff. Some underwear, socks... We don't want to start smelling too bad, do we?" He smiled and then took hold of Alex's hand to walk him out of the store. He had his backpack over one shoulder and his shotgun over the other. He had his machete in his free hand, so they had some self-defense if they needed it. "Right. Your call. Clothes Store or Gun Store?" He asked him, looking down at him after he'd scanned the streets for any danger.

"Clothes, guns won't last very long"Alex said as he looked up at him"ammo won't last forever"he said then yawned. He started to hurry to the clothes store. He quickly opened the door for him.

"Good thinking, pal." He kept hold of his hand while he hurried through the town in search of the Clothes Store. The kid was quite logical, for his age. Once they actually found the clothes store, Darren went in there first with his machete at the ready, just in case something happened. It didn't look like this place had anything wrong with it, but he didn't want to test that. He was certain there were going to be more of the undead in the back storage, but he didn't know. He didn't care. He just wanted to get some clothes and get out of there.

"Alright, Alex... Do you know your clothe sizes? Do you know Rose's, too?" He asked. (@TheMoonRose)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back