• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy The Elven Caravan (Looking for group)

Are Half Elves allowed?

Edit: Also, how does the Adari Divining work? Since its rather dwindled over the years?

Edit 2: I'm probably going to ask a lot ofquestions about the world, I hope thats okay

I'm definitely okay with half elves as long as being only half elf is largely a weakness or struggle for the character.

I'm still fleshing out a lot of the world building in my mind, so I'm open to ideas! The magic system is largely soft. Elves have a touch of foresight and some can heal minor cuts and bruises. These powers are stronger during certain stellar formations. Most Elves have little to no touch with starlight magic anymore, and those who do need years of careful practice to gain any real control.

Edit: I imagined that Divining works ad kind of meditation or involuntary visions that show glimpses of possible futures. Feel free to elaborate as you see fit.

Last edited:
Whats the aging/maturing for elves like? Do they grow at a standard pace then stop until they pass? Do they age slower? Would a 18 year elf appear as a nine year old? How does that work?

Name: Corvinus d'al Vavyndiil

Clan: Elweth

Height: 4'10"

Hair Color: Straw

Eye color: Blue

Brief Bio:

Do you have any idea how much it costs to import Lothan grey wood? Hmm? Do you? Allow me to illuminate. Ninety-eight percent. That is how much the market shrunk since the entire forest turned into a scorched raisin! And guess who owned a portion of that ninety-eight percent? Correct! Now you might have the slightest understanding as regards my predicament. I have sacrificed all but the most prized antiquities, such as mother's porcelain, because how could I part with that? I have even been required to secure lodging in town houses. Town houses! Can you believe such a thing? To think that one of the White Mountain's proudest should find himself neighbored by round ears repulses me to this very day! But I digress...

It takes great fortitude to overcome such obstacles. Have I done some things I'm not particularly proud of? Naturally. Am I apologetic for carrying out said deeds? Absolutely not. It is a matter of survival, dear fellow. If we are to talk of malice, then might I point you in the direction of the round ears, or better yet the sorcerer himself! Speaking of which, a whisper on the wind tells me he missed a spot. That mayhaps a certain individual still presides among the living... that certain individual being no other than Prince Andar. If that is the way of it, I should gladly rid myself of these vile creatures and plot a course for home. Well, perhaps not home, but a new government under elven superiority should prove advantageous nonetheless.

Skills: Bartering, Forgery, Speech/Writing (Elweth, Lothan - Fluent; Human Tongues - Passable)

Last edited:

Hey everyone! The thread has officially started! Post at your leisure!

Last edited:
We just started to post on this. If anyone is still interested in joining I will keep it open for at least a few more days!

Name: Fletcher

Clan: Lothan

Height: 4'6"

Hair Color: Brown

Eye color: Brown

Brief Bio:

Fletcher's mother died when he was young and he was raised by his father. Fletcher's father was kind and gentle, and well-respected by those who knew him. He always had time for others, and he was often consulted because he was calm and fair. He was a skilled hunter but had great a respect -- almost a reverence -- for the creatures of the Grey Wood. He was believed to be a part of a mythic group that were called the Felkin. The Felkin held the belief that all life was sacred and

As a boy, he was Fletcher's hero.

Fletcher and his father lived modestly, but this father had a great love of learning and spent his nights reading books in the dim light of their small home. To most of their neighbors, this seemed odd, but it was largely overlooked as harmless. It was a habit that Fletcher learned, and he can often be found reading a well-worn book at the end of the day.

Fletcher's father was killed when the Sorcerer attacked the Grey Woods.

Fletcher is softly spoken and serious. He blames much of the tragedy of the Grey Woods upon foolish clan politics, which he believes resulted in the needless deaths of many. He thinks that Elves should work together to build a new home and forget the divisions of their past. There is enough hardship trying to make a home in the human lands without fighting among themselves.

While Fletcher is no Adari, he is very proud in his own quiet way. He is unbowed.

Fletcher is married to Sybil. Although marriage between clans is uncommon and considered improper, it is especially rare between the Lothan and Adari. But the world of the Elves has changed and there is none they can turn to now but one another.

Skills: Tracking. Hunting. Tanning. Story telling.

Name: Sybil

Clan: Adari

Height: 4'2"

Hair Color: Black

Eye color: Blue

Brief Bio:

Sybil does not share her background with others, although it is clear from her speech and manner that she came from some kind of noble family. Her movements are elegant and refined, but not weak. But, there is a steeliness to Sybil that hints at a hard life that has tried and failed to break her. She is proud and quick to anger, even by the standards of the Adari.

She is married to Fletcher, although their marriage is an odd one. There is clearly a great deal of tenderness between them, but there is also an unusual level of formality. Fletcher is devoted to both Sybil and their daughter, Embari (3 yo), who Sybil is fiercely protective of, and works tirelessly to bring what small comfort he can to their harsh life.

When talking with others, Sybil is frequently curt, in the way of the Adari. However, she is much gentler with Fletcher. He has a softening effect upon her.

Skills: Medicine. Divination. Knife-fighting.

Last edited:
EndEffector EndEffector Great! These are such good write ups! I'll make sure these characters get posted in the discussion thread!

The only change I might ask is the heights of the characters. 5'6" is incredibly tall for an elf, like Shaquille O'Neill tall. There is one other player who is playing a fairly tall character, but theirs is a half elf so I'm letting it slide. Most Elves range between 4'5" and 5'.

Sorry if that is picky, but it's how I have this world built. I love them otherwise!

EndEffector EndEffector Great! These are such good write ups! I'll make sure these characters get posted in the discussion thread!

The only change I might ask is the heights of the characters. 5'6" is incredibly tall for an elf, like Shaquille O'Neill tall. There is one other player who is playing a fairly tall character, but theirs is a half elf so I'm letting it slide. Most Elves range between 4'5" and 5'.

Sorry if that is picky, but it's how I have this world built. I love them otherwise!

Oops! I intended them to be 4'6" and 4'2". Not a problem :)

Name: Lhoris Aymer

1600450660248.png

Clan: Elweth

Height: Since he's half human is height is 5'6

Hair Color: blonde/white

Eye color: Light blue, and the other a bright yellow

Brief Bio: He was 26 when humans drove elves out of their homeland. Lhoris, and his little brother Nevarth were outside being young and carefree when it happened. A scream sounded in their home, a scream of fear, of grief. He quietly went inside with his little brother behind him. As they walked into the dining room, they saw their mother standing there with tears in her eyes as she prepared herself to fight two men with nasty grins on their face as the boys' human father lay dead on the floor. Humans could commit the most immoral actions during times of war. Especially when they hate you, and your whole family. The outcome wasn't happy. Lhoris's mother, and father perished. The boys were taken by the man who was still alive out of the two. They were sold to separate human families for labor, and whatever the family wanted. Since the humans caused this, killed his family, took his brother, hates his kind, he has grown an unhealthy hatred to any, and all humans, despite being half human. His "human family" that uses him for work, treats him like a pet. They also had a little Elven girl by the name of Lorelei. (More about her in her own sheet.) He protects Lorie, like his own daughter.

Skills: Woodworking, lumbering, Gathering, Anything with children, maneuvering through tough terrain, and protecting (using weapons, or just with his hands

(Please let me know if this is okay, or if I have to make some changes! Also, Lhori considers his father a different case than other humans. )

Last edited:
1600452793364.png
(Think younger. This is her more aged.)

Name: Lorelei (Last name unknown)

Clan: Nymren

Height: 3'0

Hair Color: Long brown hair

Eye color: Dark brown

Brief Bio: She wasn't alive when everything went down, but she has been told stories of how life used to be by Lhoris, and she knows that humans don't really like her, but she doesn't hate them. Lorie's mother gave birth to her, and then Lorie was taken away, and given to a different family, who made Lhoris take care of her.

Skills: She's great at gathering, swimming, and even knows how to make small medicinal bottles because of Lhoris, who conversed with others that originate from the same clan as her. He wants to teach her as much as he can about her clan. She does call Lhoris dad, as well as Lou.

Breathless Breathless Hey! Sorry I didn't respond earlier!

These are both fine. The only note that I have is that The Sorcerer was not a human, he was an elf (I may not have explicitly stated that anywhere, my bad). Some of his minions may have been human, but humans largely took the elves in after the sorcerer attacked.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back