• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Futuristic The Edge OOC

Low-Budget Man

This is the OOC for The Edge! Its going to be the place where words will appear from our mouths and not our characters!

We'll discuss our characters, plotlines, why Infinity War was such a dope-ass movie, setting, and etc. If you have some cool idea you want to implement, just tell me and we'll talk about it.

First!

Infinity War was great too, because of this scene. THIS SCENE...

Let's analyze it.

SR30yTs.jpg

Yeah that was a really popular scene. Who would have thought Thanos' greatest weakness was homegrown vegetables? My favorite scene was when Captain America married a pack of Rice Krispies to gain more power. The plot twist where it turns out the Rice Krispies was cheating on Captain America with Bruce Banner really threw me in for the loop. But I guess that was Bruce Banner's secret all along, he's always hungry,

I came to say I'm so close to finishing my character, but I'm greeted with this insanity!
I love the idea of someone force feeding Thanos peas. I hate peas. :|

Hello!

Cyberpunk and stories of superheroes (of the grittier sort) are two of my favorite things, so provided you are alright with a site newbie, I am interested. :)

Sightseer Sightseer I joined like 6 days ago lol. You're free to throw in a CS and I'll review it. There's a CS near the top of the page for you to fill out. Make sure you read through most of the lore and stuff to make sure your character fits the world.

Zane Zane That's why Thanos is purple, he's never eaten peas in his life. But Hulk is green because he always eats his peas.

I just want to point out that I noticed the characters so far all have some sort of heat resistance, hehe. Glad to see people kept Cass in mind when making their characters :)

SP3CT3R SP3CT3R What are your ideas? Maybe we can mess around with them so they become fantastic?
Alrighty so
•A power that has two forms, one being active where the user is physically restrained (or just shuts down parts of their nervous system to screw with their movements) that allows them to exhale a gas that they can control and makes anyone who inhales it susceptible to telepathic influence. The other form is basically a berserker rage mode with a sonic attack.
•Some sort of candy-based shapeshifting or summoning power. I've been wanting to do candy powers for a while, but nobody seems to like it.
•A power that lets the user produce a gas that can break down inorganic matter and store it in a pocket dimension to alter the terrain with.

SP3CT3R SP3CT3R Cool concepts!

Hmmmm. First power kind of reminds me of Emma Frost from X-Men where she has two forms. Maybe have the gas slow people? Not only in the physical sense, but mentally as well. So their thoughts become duller, their reaction time lessens, and their logical reasoning decreases. And the more condense the gas, the stronger the effect. If enough gas is pumped into a person, they'll essentially render unconscious. This would have interesting applications since your character would win most fights if given enough time to let the gas build up. Your character would probably be able to spray the gas at a target and slowly weaken them over time or they would just let the gas flood a room They'd be pretty good at interrogating people as well and your character, while not the strongest or durable would be able to disable most enemies. While this isn't true telepathic influence, by them being dumber they are more susceptible to normal influence. And your character could just lie and pretend he's a telepath to scare his enemies.

I don't really have any fantastic ideas at the berserker rage thing. Maybe someone else has an idea for that?

Second power is a bit out there, but I do have a soft spot for weird powers. Not everyone is going to get good powers. There's bound to be a few weird powers at the bottom of the superpower barrel. Perhaps your character would have the power to spray and manipulate a weird form of jello? It would have sticky properties to hold down enemies and it would be an insulant. So your character would basically try to coat enough jello on people to slow them down or something? And if he enters a bad situation, he can cocoon himself in a ball of the jelly material. So if enemies trie to get in a close melee range, they'll get caught in the material? Downsides are its edible and delicious, but its going to be hard to eat your way out of two tons of jello.

Or maybe have your guy can summon a gingerbread like material? And then he can construct animated things out of that material? So like he can create a gingerbread wolf to ride or a gingerbread golem to protect him. He can also create a gingerbread armor that'll protect him. This will give him lots of versatility, but he needs time to build things to be effective. And since its gingerbread like material, they don't last too long. But lets say he needs to scale a wall for a job, he can slowly construct gingerbread monster that'll hook onto walls with its claws. Or if he has to dig through an area, he can build a digging creature from the gingerbread.

Third power is pretty interesting. I like the idea behind that. I don't know if you ever played the game "Portal", but we can use a similair concept. What if he can produce two different gases, an orange and blue one. Orange would be the eating gas, it would consume inorganic material. But then there's also the blue gas. Materials that were consumed can be materialized in the Blue gas? So he would send his Orange Gas out to eat things and create things with the Blue. However everytime the Orange Gas eats something, a proportional amount of Orange Gas also disappears based on the mass. It won't be an exact 50 kg of object gone equals to 50 kg of gas gone because that would be really thick gas. But it would be a proportional amount. Likewise the same works for the Blue Gas. If the Blue Gas wants to materialize something, then a proportional amount of the Blue Gas would disappear to reconstruct the object.

Offensively, he can drop just chunks of debris on people if he sets the gas above them, quickly construct defensive walls, build staircases to scale buildings, and destroy the ground below someone to trap them in a sinkhole. He can also eat away at someone's armor and costume if they rely on it a lot. He would be effective against Brainers who heavily rely on equipment.

Just some random suggestions for you. You don't have to take my ideas or anything, but what do you think?

SP3CT3R SP3CT3R Cool concepts!

Hmmmm. First power kind of reminds me of Emma Frost from X-Men where she has two forms. Maybe have the gas slow people? Not only in the physical sense, but mentally as well. So their thoughts become duller, their reaction time lessens, and their logical reasoning decreases. And the more condense the gas, the stronger the effect. If enough gas is pumped into a person, they'll essentially render unconscious. This would have interesting applications since your character would win most fights if given enough time to let the gas build up. Your character would probably be able to spray the gas at a target and slowly weaken them over time or they would just let the gas flood a room They'd be pretty good at interrogating people as well and your character, while not the strongest or durable would be able to disable most enemies. While this isn't true telepathic influence, by them being dumber they are more susceptible to normal influence. And your character could just lie and pretend he's a telepath to scare his enemies.

I don't really have any fantastic ideas at the berserker rage thing. Maybe someone else has an idea for that?

Second power is a bit out there, but I do have a soft spot for weird powers. Not everyone is going to get good powers. There's bound to be a few weird powers at the bottom of the superpower barrel. Perhaps your character would have the power to spray and manipulate a weird form of jello? It would have sticky properties to hold down enemies and it would be an insulant. So your character would basically try to coat enough jello on people to slow them down or something? And if he enters a bad situation, he can cocoon himself in a ball of the jelly material. So if enemies trie to get in a close melee range, they'll get caught in the material? Downsides are its edible and delicious, but its going to be hard to eat your way out of two tons of jello.

Or maybe have your guy can summon a gingerbread like material? And then he can construct animated things out of that material? So like he can create a gingerbread wolf to ride or a gingerbread golem to protect him. He can also create a gingerbread armor that'll protect him. This will give him lots of versatility, but he needs time to build things to be effective. And since its gingerbread like material, they don't last too long. But lets say he needs to scale a wall for a job, he can slowly construct gingerbread monster that'll hook onto walls with its claws. Or if he has to dig through an area, he can build a digging creature from the gingerbread.

Third power is pretty interesting. I like the idea behind that. I don't know if you ever played the game "Portal", but we can use a similair concept. What if he can produce two different gases, an orange and blue one. Orange would be the eating gas, it would consume inorganic material. But then there's also the blue gas. Materials that were consumed can be materialized in the Blue gas? So he would send his Orange Gas out to eat things and create things with the Blue. However everytime the Orange Gas eats something, a proportional amount of Orange Gas also disappears based on the mass. It won't be an exact 50 kg of object gone equals to 50 kg of gas gone because that would be really thick gas. But it would be a proportional amount. Likewise the same works for the Blue Gas. If the Blue Gas wants to materialize something, then a proportional amount of the Blue Gas would disappear to reconstruct the object.

Offensively, he can drop just chunks of debris on people if he sets the gas above them, quickly construct defensive walls, build staircases to scale buildings, and destroy the ground below someone to trap them in a sinkhole. He can also eat away at someone's armor and costume if they rely on it a lot. He would be effective against Brainers who heavily rely on equipment.

Just some random suggestions for you. You don't have to take my ideas or anything, but what do you think?
I was just putting my ideas out there as a form of creative venting, and hoped that I could get some opinions on which power to roll with.

The first power was supposed to be for a sort of "insane asylum" shtick without actually making my character insane, because A) I don't trust myself to write a mentally ill character, (especially on that level) and B) making a cliched horror movie psycho is just dumb.

For the second power, I kind of want to utilize multiple types of candy. I was thinking the character could either summon multiple types of candy for a spellcaster-y vibe, (chocolate bar barriers, orange soda tidal wave, pocky needle storm) or they'd have a shapeshifting power with forms that resemble types of candy.

The third power I just ripped from a Worm OC. Or the minor-character sibling of a Worm OC because the original had a power that drew from a mechanic of the series and thus wouldn't work out.

SP3CT3R SP3CT3R Cliche horror movie villains are interesting if done correct and that's hard to do.

I think I got a feel for the general type of candy wizard you're trying to go for now. What if you're character can summon three materials, chocolate, taffy, and another candy maybe? And they have fine telekeinetic control over only those three types of materials that they summon. However, they can't control normal candy and they have to take some time to set up certain things they summon? That would simplify things a bit so you're character doesn't have a huge list of random candies they can control. So we won't have to run through arguments of whether something counts as candy or not.

Third power is pretty dope. I don't mind that you took the original idea from somewhere. Just play with until it becomes your own.

Honestly, the second and third power are the coolest to me. Anything that gives you the building blocks to be creative with the powers is a plus in my book.

I'm going to write a basic city map and guide to the main city so things are more concrete. I'll also define some of the more notable Mega-corps and Gangs and their locations.

Sightseer Sightseer I'm loving your character so far! I like her style! I can already see her being pissed off with Mountain Siren's character's power.

Zane Zane Mountain Siren Mountain Siren I'm finishing up the first post so we can get the ball rolling. I'll probably get it done today or tomorrow. Nothing too crazy is going to happen straight off the bat since I know that not everyone is finished with their characters. I kind of want you guys to establish your characters for a bit and kind of tell me what their life is like at the currently. I'm also curious to see how they would react to whats going to occur in the first post.

I drew out a map and wrote out some basic information on some of the regions and threw it on the main thread. The shaded areas represent gang controlled territory. I'll polish it up later so it doesn't look like a ten year old drew it in Microsoft Paint. Which is exactly what I did. I'll also need to finish up writing details for each of the various gangs that control the Edge and the major Mega-corps.

Just out of curiosity, based just on the gang names. What do you guys think each gang is centered around or themed around?

Zane Zane Mountain Siren Mountain Siren First post is up in the main thread! Feel free to post whenever! I'm not a 100% sure if this is the correct way to do it here, but underneath the map and lore will basically be the IC thread which is how my old site used to do it.

Low-Budget Man Low-Budget Man My character's history is turning out to be very extensive and detailed. I apologize if you'd prefer something shorter, but believe it or not, it all feels relevant. I'll be drawing from it whenever I post is what I'm trying to say. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back