• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.
OOC
Here
Characters
Here

STR: 9 (-1)
DEX: 16 (+3)
CON: 15 (+2)
INT: 20 (+5)
WIS: 12 (+1)
CHA: 10 (+0)
HP: 50

"Well alright then, that's settled, I reckon, Daniel," May'falla responds to the large man. She bobs her head by way of formal greeting and continues, "I'm May'falla, bit of a wizard by training. You know that we're just off and about to warn some folks of the dragon roight now, yeh? Maybe go after the ice-breathing wyrm a little later on when we're feeling the time is roight."

DapperDogman DapperDogman , BarrenThin2 BarrenThin2

The Tiefling soon found himself with a comfortable amount of information from both the others around him asking thankfully helpful questions, (well, most of them, at least) as well as the massive man providing them a map of the area around them- thankfully making his and Zulgur's job much easier. Making sure to keep note of a mental note of the area inside his head as well as the directions of the locations they needed to go, things soon seemed to start to slow themselves down, before he got himself up alongside Zulgur- the Goliath seemingly wanting to meet this...'Big Daniel', whatever his name was. Well, whatever. As always, Hope had gotten himself up and decided to allow his goliath companion to do what he wished. Apparently, this Big Daniel was a goliath, wasn't he? That...Hope had to be honest, he wasn't so sure about that, but maybe that was the reason why that couple had the reaction it did when they arrived.

Either way, the Tiefling simply gave Zulgur a nod, a silent wish of 'good luck and don't die' from the rogue. He knew that more then anyone, Zulgur knew how to hold himself in a fight. And if something did happen- well, Hope knew how to fight alongside the Goliath, at least. Traveling together for so long helps build some sense of teamwork- he was scrawny and fast with quick and biting blades, and he was big and heavy-hitting, with powers to heal them both. And besides- meeting someone of his race was something that Zulgur deserved to do on his own.

As so, he waited on the Town Square, but not before simply walking around town first, getting a feel of the place. Truth be told- Hope didn't want to stay separated from the group or Zulgur for too long. Not because he couldn't take being alone, but...It simply felt safer to walk around in town with a group. It made all the ugly stares from the townsfolk more bearable- but thankfully, Hope soon learned the art of not giving much of a fuck. As such, the Tiefling simply sat down on a bench, as he awaited his companions to meet him there. It wasn't long before Zulgur came back with the sad news that indeed, there was no such Goliath, and the human from earlier was making fun of him. Hope tsked louder, Humans.

Wasn't long before the chatty elf girl and that construct thing came back too- her words towards Zulgur earning a stare from Hope, before Zulgur told her not to patronize him and her claiming that was empathy- before Hope blinked. What the hell sort of empathy was that? Hope couldn't help but let out a long, long-winded sigh- "Fuck off," Hope said, the tids and bits of Zulgur's past coming to his mind. "Just...Fuck off. You don't know anything." Before he could elaborate...Big Daniel from earlier came over, and Hope's face almost froze on the spot as the now hoodless Tiefling stared at the giant sack of fat that was the human in front of him. And he blinked.

Hope just...Sighed. He then looked at Zulgur, almost as if asking, is he gonna be food for the dragon, or are we serious about this?

Wasn't long before the chatty elf girl and that construct thing came back too- her words towards Zulgur earning a stare from Hope, before Zulgur told her not to patronize him and her claiming that was empathy- before Hope blinked. What the hell sort of empathy was that? Hope couldn't help but let out a long, long-winded sigh- "Fuck off," Hope said, the tids and bits of Zulgur's past coming to his mind. "Just...Fuck off. You don't know anything." Before he could elaborate...Big Daniel from earlier came over, and Hope's face almost froze on the spot as the now hoodless Tiefling stared at the giant sack of fat that was the human in front of him. And he blinked.

May'falla whirled on Hope, her eyes burning emerald with arcane fire. Her voice slow and cold.

"What did you just say? Do we have a problem, Hope?"

Celestial Speck Celestial Speck

Hope slowly turned around to face May'falla. Even though her voice was slow and cold- the Tiefling didn't react, he didn't flinch in the slightest, and his face didn't change. He knew that gaze, the gaze of someone who was disrespected. Hope knew that face too well. Never speak unless spoken to. Never disrespect them. Never look at them directly. May'falla's gaze was something that caused Hope's stomach to boil over with a mild rage. His eyes were equally burning- but for a different reason. There was a lack of something there. Even though it wasn't directed at him, Hope knew enough of Zulgur to know about a bit of the man's past- and how similar it was to his.

"Yes, we do." Hope said, his voice carrying an edge of pure emotionlessness to him. "You don't know anything about me or Zulgur. Don't talk about us having lonely lives ahead of us because we don't accept your blunt empathy." There's a reason we don't want it at times. He wanted to add, his voice almost moving to say that, before he closed his mouth, he didn't want to keep this going.

"I'm not even attacking you personally. I'm just telling you to...Fuck off. If you can't take that and want to attack me- go ahead. But we still have a city and people to save. If you want to start a fight because the Tiefling insulted you, you'll be wasting time with us."

Zulgur Storm-Herald
HP 50/50
STR 20
DEX 8
CON 16
INT 10
WIS 16
CHA 12

The Goliath squinted down at May'falla, his eyes searching her face for any trace of malice or deception. There was none for him to find; all he came away with was confusion. This woman barely knew him, yet was being exceedingly kind. As with before, she consistently put him off balance, like a stray dog recoiling away from an extended hand. His white eyes remained in that suspicious squint for several seconds before he finally turned his attention back to Daniel, wordlessly. The Goliath simply wasn't sure what to say. His face creased further into a deepened frown. "Is the name Big Daniel not apt? You are called Daniel, and you are big, hence Big Daniel. Take your title with pride, Big Daniel."

His attention was torn away from the man by Hope coming to his defense. A noble gesture, but not one Zulgur particularly needed. It was very quickly escalating on May'falla's side of things, as well. Uneasily, Zulgur's hand fell to the haft of his hammer as he stepped between the two. Looking at May'falla from in front of Hope, his expression wasn't malicious or threatening, but it did bear a warning, though not without the slightest apologetic look in his eyes. If it came to blows, there was no doubt in Zulgur's mind who he would side with, but maybe for the first time in his life smashing someone's head like a watermelon would make him a bit uncomfortable. "Easy. Hope means well. We have been through much in our travels, and have long since learned to be wary of unearned kindness."

DapperDogman DapperDogman Celestial Speck Celestial Speck dr xenon dr xenon Ellya Ellya

Last edited:
Viscount Jean-Paul Pierre of Stellata
Link to CS
Ellya Ellya

Jean-Paul Pierre waited patiently as Barthan read through the paper on the counter to find the correct price of the item being purchased. In the meanwhile, one of the boys hopped onto the counter and began to ask about the viscount’s appearances. Jean-Paul almost laughed out loud about “looking fancy”. To most nobles, his current dress of a simple black jacket, black trousers, and a red cloak was seen as clothing for a merchant: the proletariat and the middle class. The viscount certainly had no objections to the simple, yet clean clothing, but some of his relatives would think he was degrading himself! “Yes. I am from a city called Stellata from ze North, young monsieur. Ze merchants and artisans zair dress like zees all ze time.”

Dice Roll Result: 18 (Accidentally threw two dice. Taking the first result)

As the young viscount was absorbed in waiting for the purchase to be made and the conversation with one of the boys, he did not notice at all when the other swiped his coin purse. If the boy opened it, he would only find what amounted to a couple of gold pieces; Jean-Paul Pierre always traveled with a light coin purse for this reason...and because he wanted the full experience of being an adventurer on limited funds. Let's hope those coins will be better served in the hands of the children!

STATS
(Parentheses for Argent Cavalier's Stats)
HP: 50/50
STR: 8 (8)
DEX: 10 (20)
CON: 10 (10)
INT: 16 (8)
WIS: 16 (8)
CHA: 12 (8)

PERK CHOICES
Ability increase
: DEX/WIS
Advantage: CHA

Last edited:

May'falla looked at Hope quizzically. When Zulgur stepped in between the two of them she tensed for a moment. then stepped aside so she could see them both. The fire dying in her eyes, her hands opened up to her sides as if to say, I don't want any trouble ... now.

"I have to say - I don't get you two - but that's on me," her voice softened. "We only just met, didn't we? And I either take to someone roight off," she looks at Zulgur, "Or I don't," she says with a look to Hope.

"I'm not angry anymore. It's clear now - we come from different places and not just where we were born, but how we were raised. Where I'm from kindness isn't earned, as such. It's freely given, and not expected in return 'cuz that would tarnish it wouldn't it? I don't know a fing about you - it's true. But here's a fing about me - I'm kind, yeh? Got a kind heart, I have. Raised orphaned birds and lost, baby chipmunks like somefin out of a bleeding fairy tale, I did. But here's another fing - because I'm not some ponce High Elven princess who can't decide between this suitor and that while she's eatin' peeled grapes in her ivory tower. I'm a bleeding Bladesinger from the High Forest, trained to defend my people from the terrors of the North and I don't take that kind of rudeness from anyone. Cuz where I'm from 'fuck off' is a personal attack."

She shakes her head.

"Maybe I am still angry, but maybe I was wrong to try to show kindness as crazy as that sounds."

She moves back to where her pack is on the ground and starts taking the rapier off of it.

"I fancy I moight be able to use this now after all. I can't wait to go kill some bloody orcs," she appears to be saying to no one in particular.

Celestial Speck Celestial Speck , BarrenThin2 BarrenThin2 , DapperDogman DapperDogman

As the air itself seemed to tense around the three bickering adventurers, Big Daniel swallowed. He looked at May'falla's eyes sparking with a furious energy. The tiefling's eyes glared daggers, and when the giant Goliath reached for his weapon as well, he figured it was time to... disappear.

Surprisingly to mostly everyone, Daniel had vanished from sight after the argument had died down.

~ Wisdom (Perception) check for BarrenThin2 BarrenThin2 DapperDogman DapperDogman dr xenon dr xenon Celestial Speck Celestial Speck , if 3 or above, open this spoiler: ~

You do notice the large shape of Daniel just disappearing behind his own house.
Meanwhile in Barthen's shop, The two boys seemed in a hurry to dart off into the area of the building marked off as "Private", grinning mischievously. Whatever could have them scurry off in such a hurry? Barthen himself seemed a bit confused watching them leave, a frown on his forehead. It looked like he had some kind of suspicions, but wasn't sure whether they were true. "Well, sir..." he then started, taking a breath and clearing his throat. "I thank you again for visiting my store, and please do be careful out there..."

He watched and waited until the viscount turned to leave the store, and then he was certain of what had happened here. He closed his eyes and sighed softly, then exclaimed "Oh, sir!", pausing a few moments before continuing. "If... You should ever find yourself with an interest for treasure... there's an old stone lighthouse west of here, on the coast. Ships are drawn to this gleaming tower like moths to a flame, and are doomed to crash upon its rocks. Their wrecks must have some treasure in them... Just thought that would be some useful information for you and your companions."

With that though, he bid the noble Jean-Paul one more adieu, then made his way to the back room of the shop as well.

QizPizza QizPizza

(( Umbrage Hill update is next! ))

Last edited:

With the block and tackle rang up, Jean-Paul Pierre packed the mechanism into his travel pack and chuckled as the children ran off into the “Private” room of the shop. Those two must be off for whatever antics they had planned. It was that childish wonder and excitement that Jean-Paul Pierre was seeking with this adventure! The nobleman was none the wiser as he thanked Barthan for the service, Merci, monsieur. I may be a patron of your humble shop yet again. My aventure is not yet complète in Phandalin. Ad-

As the young viscount was about exit the shop, he heard Barthan call for him. Turning around, the noble was greeted with an absolute gem of information. The shopkeep revealed that nearby, there was a stone lighthouse by the coast where countless ships have met their doom at the crags of the Sword Coast. It was a curious tale, seeing how the purpose of lighthouses is the warn ships of the rocky coast, but a rumor does not exist for no reason! “Now zat is an aventure begging for attention! Alas... zair is a dragonne to attend to right now, so such an expédition will ‘ave to wait. Still, merci beaucoup, monsieur. Merci beaucoup. Zank you very much and adieu!”

Positively ecstatic with the prospect of even more to explore in Phandalin, the viscount brightly strolled to the town square to meet the others. His head was held high and his spirits somehow higher than when he entered the town. Already waiting for him were Zulgar, Hope, May’falla, Fourteen, and a...morbid obese man. Good heavens, Jean-Paul was not aware that it was physically possible to become that large. The court physicians would certainly tell him that such massive size was beyond what could possibly be considered healthy. However large the man was, it only distracted the viscount for a few seconds from the… festering hostility between...well...everyone! He looked between each person present with an uncertain expression as he exclaimed, Oh mon Dieu... I ‘ave missed it all! Monsieur Timmothy and I leave to purchase our supplies for but a moment and such conflict 'as erupted? Sizzling spirits and wounded hearts cry out louder zan ze cannons! What ‘as occurred to bring ze fiery passions and icy glares upon tes visages? Has the Adversaire ‘imself manifeste amongst us to have cause such hateful looks? Seigneur aide-nous! Zees group is teetering on ze précipice of collapse before it 'as even 'and ze opportunity to indulge in an aventure together!”

STATS
(Parentheses for Argent Cavalier's Stats)
HP: 50/50
STR: 8 (8)
DEX: 10 (20)
CON: 10 (10)
INT: 16 (8)
WIS: 16 (8)
CHA: 12 (8)

PERK CHOICES
Ability increase
: DEX/WIS
Advantage: CHA

1.2 - Umbrage Hill

The sun was just near its highest point, the town having gotten at least a bit busier since the travelers first arrive. It looked much more welcoming in this gentle sunlight and with more of its people coming outside to go to their various jobs or recreations. All but a few gave a lingering stare at the party of strange-looking individuals in the middle of the square, even when viscount Jean-Paul joined them, but especially when Timmothy joined up as well. Big Daniel, the big human, had disappeared from sight, and as the party got ready to go, Thorgen walked out of the tavern and approached them.

"So... You'll want to go about fifteen miles south of here. You'll see Adabra's windmill on top of a hill there, behind the one you can see from here. There used to be a house attached to it, but that's been destroyed long ago..."

Thorgen points to the right location on TImmothy's map, just where he had pointed out before.
"Please bring her back safely. People are fond of her here, despite her occasional stubborn fits..."

xQTecZ1.jpeg

And with that, the entire party left together.

Chapter I - Part 2
UMBRAGE HILL

You all walk south past the mines adjacent to the town and toward the larger hills in the distance. The first hill you pass by is tall and quite steep, and just as Thorgen had informed, the hill you were looking for was behind this one still. So you wisely decide to just walk along the edge of the first hill, moving at a steady pace for about four hours before the town slowly disappears from view behind the first hill, and the second hill comes into sight. While this one is significantly less tall than its neighbor, it still looks like about a 40 foot climb upwards. On the top, the windmill is clearly visible.

Umbrage%2BHill.jpg

*crash*

*crash*

As you venture further up the hill, thuds of an immense force against wood are heard in the distance. You all speed up your pace a bit, and as the second floor of the windmill comes into view, you see a woman in the window, waving her arms at you all.

"A little help?!"

Finally reaching the top of the hill, you see a terrifying sight. On the slope of Umbrage hill stands the old stone windmill, surrounded by an iron fence. The vague outline of a long-lost house is attached to it, where the front door now is. Within these ruins, a large winged monster with a spiky tail is trying to knock down the door. It has a big, tiger-like body, fearsome spikes adorning it in various places. Its claws look curled and sharp, and within its mane another row of spikes sticks out all around its face. A huge, gaping mouth with what looks like three rows of teeth hangs open limply as it continues to slam its body weight against the door of the windmill.

Manticore.jpg

Reminder: combat There is no initiative. I might decide turn orders based on dexterity, but don't wait on anyone else before posting. Just describe what your character does, but keep it realistic. The d&d rules are a good reference (one action, one movement and one bonus action per 6 seconds). You can make a roll any time you want and describe some badassery on a high roll, but if you roll low, you'll have to leave the results up to me.

Exceptional results: 20 and above
Great results: 16 - 19
Success: 10 - 15
Fail: 5 - 9
*Harsh fail: 2 - 5
*Critical fail: 1
*These are all mine to describe ;)

Any questions or quick informations can be asked via DM or in the OOC thread!

BarrenThin2 BarrenThin2 Celestial Speck Celestial Speck QizPizza QizPizza Lazaro1505 Lazaro1505 DapperDogman DapperDogman dr xenon dr xenon

TLDR Thorgen points you towards your destination.
On Umbrage hill stands a stone windmill with ruins of a house attached.
A woman on the second floor waves out of a window and calls for help.
A large beast is trying to break the front door to the windmill down.

Last edited:
Timmothy Wahnabe Jr.
HP:

50/50

Stats:
STR:
DEX:
CON:
WIS:
INT:
CHA:

Log Start:​

After gaining all of the items he needed, as well as fixing up a few tools in his inventory, all for the low price of 5 gold pieces.... and while it was still using some gold, at least he didn’t have to spend too much for everything.... but it seemed to be much later in the day when he arrived, apparently noon from where the sun seemed to be located on the sky, which was the perfect amount of time to begin their travels towards the windmill. Apparently, Timmothy came at a bad time, for there was something that was happening here a while ago, and he didn’t know what happened..... but it’s best not to press it for now... but Timmothy did take out the map he was given earlier, and unwrapped the map, before taking a look at the lands within the map. Thorgen finally exited the tavern when the entire party has finally prepared for travel, the man pointing out the locations on Timmothy’s map like last time, which was 15 miles away.... so, just like the rest, he followed the others without saying a word, most likely wanting to socialize after they either rest, or reach the windmill far away.

And Timmothy was starting to, in a way, begin getting bored to death while walking and climbing the hills, maybe it was because of the fact that he was used to traveling around by himself, and not really have anyone to speak to other than the common speaking individual or rat.... that last part is probably weird to others..... but Timmothy couldn’t think much more about his lonely life any longer, because on the second hill, which is where the windmill laid upon, some thudding against a hard surface in the distance reached the ears of the Ratfolk, and eventually, found the windmill, with the lady they are supposed to save, and not any minute longer, after reaching the top, Timmothy finally found the source of the noise.

A creature Timmothy knew he didn’t see before, or remember seeing.... but as of now, he needed to gain its attention and stop it before it eventually broke down the door, because who knew how long it has been doing that for.... so making a whisper to his teammates
“I’m gonna try to gain its attention.... you guys do what you do in order to prepare for its advance....” as Timmothy slowly walked forward from the group, going to the right so that his allies won’t be in its immediate view, and reaching the right side of the iron fence for some cover, Timmothy then peered over the top of the fence, and slowly took off and equipped his crossbow, aiming the weapon towards the side of the beast.... breathing in.... and breathing out.... before pulling the trigger.

Ellya Ellya @ To whomst’dve it may concern

Heron 14

Heron simply watched as the squabbling began and faded. If the goliath couldn't accept kindness without it being earned, that was his loss. Heron might be a magical construct, but that didn't mean he couldn't understand the frustration he likely felt. It was his preference, though, and Heron wouldn't argue about it.
The journey would be long enough without him adding fuel to this disagreement. And to be frank, he didn't know any of these people nearly well enough to give a damn about who ended up winning.

The journey wasn't tiring for the Warforged in any way that showed outwardly, he didn't breathe, get hungry or thirsty, or suffer muscle fatigue. And given the previous tension in the group, he didn't speak either. Noting the sound of something ramming against wood, Heron draws his pistol, quietly murmuring "You are steel and wood, but you move like the wind itself"
His other hand tightened into a fist as he rushes forwards, he comes to a stop standing next to Timmothy as his hand touches the alchemist's shoulder, a soft green light spreading through him as he'd feel a subtle guidance to his shot

Lifting his pistol, he takes a shot at the beast, before deftly beginning to reload

Ellya Ellya BarrenThin2 BarrenThin2 Celestial Speck Celestial Speck dr xenon dr xenon Lazaro1505 Lazaro1505

For a moment May'falla just stares at the beast, fascinated.

"What's this wee beastie, then?" she mutters to herself. "You're a handsome fella, aren't ya?"

But the moment passes quickly and she begins to sing a low song in Elvish while drawing her rapier at the same time. Her eyes brighten to an emerald green with Arcane light burning around their irises. Her movements become more fluid, and her step more precise. Seeing Heron and Timmothy break right, she poises herself to stand or move with Zulgur, Hope and Jean-Paul.

Raising her left hand she twists it in an odd gesture and three Magic Missiles flash out toward the beast.

OOC: Nature check, +5 and Advantage = 17

Zulgur Storm-Herald
HP 50/50
STR 20
DEX 8
CON 16
INT 10
WIS 16
CHA 12

The moment May'falla's fists unclenched, Zulgur's hand released the haft of his hammer. His shoulders lowered very slightly in a barely visible sign of relief. He had no desire to hurt this elf who had been nothing but kind to him so far, as uncomfortable and uneasy as that kindness made him. Even as spoke after the nearly violent confrontation, she mentioned taking to him, which further deepened Zulgur's confusion. Whether or not it had been clear that he didn't want to do it, the Goliath had been ready to attack her, and here she was talking about how he was growing on her. In spite of it all, he still couldn't help shake the feeling that this was some trick to lull him into a sense of security, or at the very least that there was some catch.

Then, she said it. A humorless, very slight smile spread across Zulgur's face. There it was. The expression wasn't malicious. It was closer to resigned. "You defend your people from the 'terrors of the North.' I am a terror of the North." Sure, he hadn't participated in any raids or anything of the sort since leaving the hidden Talos temple in the Spine of the World. That being said, enough innocent blood had been shed by and around him before he escaped for the phrase to ring true to himself. More than one person even since his escape had died to prevent his discovery, as well, or attacked him once they realized that he was a Talos cleric (devotee or not).

Turning his attention to the nobleman, Zulgur briefly noted that Big Daniel had left. Probably for the best. The man would have needed protection the Goliath had no intention of providing him. A glorious death it would have been, though. "It is fine now. No blood will be shed among us this day." Falling silent as the group left, Zulgur didn't speak during their journey. In part, it was because he was lost in thought, but Hope would also know this was fairly standard for him. The Goliath could travel for miles without saying a word unless directly addressed or some danger arose. Some danger, indeed. Upon reaching the windmill, it became abundantly clear this wouldn't be as simple as telling an old woman to come to town. He didn't really know what was attacking the building, nor did he really care. It was a therat, and it needed to be disposed of. Stepping forward to be at the fornt of their group, Zulgur pointed his hammer at the creature and spoke an incantation in Abyssal, the language he had learned from the priests that raised him. A guiding bolt shot from the end of his hammer at the monster.

Ellya Ellya Celestial Speck Celestial Speck dr xenon dr xenon Lazaro1505 Lazaro1505 QizPizza QizPizza

Last edited:
(( right i had a bigger post for this but it got lost because rpn doesnt save your edit posts so this is a little less descriptive sorry ))

"GGRRAAAAAHHH!"

The beast lets out a fierce roar as it is suddenly hit by a crossbow bolt in the neck, one that almost seemed to change its trajectory mid flight through some divine magic surrounding it after Heron 14's touch on Timmothy.. It stumbles to the side a bit, desperately clawing at the bolt and managing to snap the wood, but the tip remains buried in his neck. It turns its terrifying head toward the direction of the bolt and glares at Timmothy.

It pushes its back paw into the dirt and you see its muscles tense as it prepares to start charging at the Rat, when it is hit once again by another projectile.

*BANG*

A metal ball this time, hits it right on one of its wingbones, creating an awful quick clicking sound as the bullet without bounces off, but without a doubt caused at least a crack internally.

It shrieks loudly in pain, but seems only more enraged as it doesn't even break its stride and leaps into the air. With two strong flaps of its large wings, it takes up and then immediately goes into a full dive downwards again, going straight for three attacks against Timmothy.

It manages to land straight onto the Rat, knocking him onto his back on the ground. Before Timmothy can even open his eyes after the initial impact, he feels four sharp claws tearing into the fur on his torso when the Manticore slashes him for a total of 7 points of damage. It roars straight into the Rat's face and recoils its head to go for a bite attack, when suddenly a blue bolt of arcane energy hits its lower jaw.

It recoils and is knocked off balance, not even able to see where the magic comes from before being hit by two more bolts in quick succession, one straight to the face and the other hitting his left front leg. Enraged, its yellow eyes glared with fury as he opens his mouth again, but this time, not a roar comes out. Rather, a deep growling voice, speaking in Common.
(( dr xenon dr xenon I will DM your nature check results to you ))

"You will not claim this home from me, morsels!"

Once again it sets off into a charge, sprinting towards May'falla with strong, angry intent. His focus on the girl was intense, but even then could he see the sudden flash coming from yet another angle. An extremely bright beam of yellowish light is sent forth from Zulgur's hand, creating a sound that sounds almost like a crack of thunder, and hits the monster, streaking right across its chest. It once again shrieks in pain but doesn't break stride, still charging at May'falla.

"I will feast on ALL OF YOUR FLESH!"

TLDR The monster charges at Timmothy
Flies onto him and claws for 7 points of damage Lazaro1505 Lazaro1505
Misses two other attacks
Is now flying charging toward May'falla

Lazaro1505 Lazaro1505 DapperDogman DapperDogman dr xenon dr xenon BarrenThin2 BarrenThin2
Celestial Speck Celestial Speck QizPizza QizPizza

Last edited:

Zulgur Storm-Herald
HP 50/50
STR 20
DEX 8
CON 16
INT 10
WIS 16
CHA 12

The beast, whatever it was, sped past Zulgur. He was simply too slow to stop it from lashing out at Timmothy, though as it stood he felt no great loyalty to the ratfolk aside from the basics of working together. It had been battered a bit but was still coming, and was actually speaking. Zulgur's lip curled back in disgust. How very unsettling. The Goliath prepared himself to call another spell when his eyes settled on the creature's next target. May'falla. It was a strange feeling to feel the desire to come to the aid of someone other than Hope, who fortunately wasn't in active danger just yet.

His momentary hesitation didn't last long as Zulgur charged forward going to more or less tackle the beast.

Feeling a surge of adrenaline and fury, Zulgur slammed into the creature's midsection, bodily lifting it off its feet by its throat. With a roar, Zulgur slammed it onto the ground on its back with all of his might. Putting all of its weight on the creature, the Goliath had managed to grab hold of the beast for now, lightning crackling along the black marks under his armor and on his face. Roaring into its face, Zulgur readied himself for the presently pinned beast's retaliation.

Ellya Ellya Celestial Speck Celestial Speck dr xenon dr xenon Lazaro1505 Lazaro1505 QizPizza QizPizza

Last edited:

AC: 17 with Bladesong active
"You can feast on my bleedin' arcane bolts you dim-witted Manticore!" May'falla rages back at the beast, and crouches into a defensive posture.

She raises her left hand again, twists it in that same odd gesture and three Magic Missiles flash out toward the beast.

As Hope and the rest arrived at the windmill in question, as expected, the place had more problems than any of them expected in the form of a monster- a sentient one at that. Instantly, Hope pulled out his shortsword from his belt and threw his cloak away from his body the moment he saw the beast- revealing a black and sturdy armor underneath. A small pair of daggers and a shortbow on his back. His outfit was mostly black- and while it did seem professional enough for someone with his job, clearly wasn't something as strong or sturdy as things other members of his party would have. In his other hand, a small dagger stood while he held the shortsword with a single one.

Zulgur, May'fallah, and the odd golem construct thankfully already took the initiative and started attacking it. Hope's eyes narrowed at the best, short breaths coming from under his mouth in a constant rhythm, his heart pumping and his brain releasing adrenaline all over his body. He felt his fingers becoming numb, but his reflexes stronger. He's dealt with worse, probably. But- one thing he was glad was the fact Zulgur was an up and personal fighter. Hope knew how to exploit someone's weaknesses via flanking- it left them open, and Zulgur was doing only that.

The Tiefling rushed forwards with his speed, trying to circle around the beast, before stabbing it against the leg, hopefully trying to hit a tendon while the beast was distracted with Zulgur. A sneak attack!

Timmothy Wahnabe Jr.
HP:

43/50

Stats:
STR:
DEX:
CON:
WIS:
INT:
CHA:

Seeing that not only the bolt has done great damage to the beast’s neck due to the sudden change within its trajectory, probably due to the construct’s aid with a spell, but, his plan did in a way, go as expected, but now was entirely the main focus of the beast, even with the bolt being stuck within its neck, which gave a glare filled with hate and rage, one Timmothy could even feel all the way from his cover, as the beast finally began running towards Timmothy, who began frantically to start reloading his crossbow after the first shot.

He didn’t even went to check if the second shot struck the beast, the one from the construct next to him, more focused on preparing himself for another shot at the beast.... but before he could even pull the string all the way back, hearing a sudden flap of its wings was the only thing before being knocked down onto the ground, knocking Timmothy onto the ground by the tackle, and before he could even make a twitch or sudden reopening of his eyes, the quick feeling of something entering his chest and the the body’s second long reaction to the wounds presence on his body now finally make its self known.... the Rat’s eyes suddenly widening up in response to the strike, only to see the face of the beast roar into his face and try to make a bite, before a sudden blue bolt of energy hits its jaw, causing the rat once more in reflex to close his eyes from the sudden light.... but opened them once more to see the last of the attack hit the beast on its left front leg... but only to be seem more enrage with each attack now pelting its form.

Now free from its grasp, Timmothy went ahead and picked up his dropped crossbow once more, and began pulling its string back for a reload, but stopped about mid-way through to hear the creature speak out in common, and while it seems to have some form of sentience..... it’s probably not gonna stop, even with all the convincing in the world, especially now since it’s wrath have been released, and it’s beastal instincts probably now much stronger than its sentience..... So Timmothy continued with reloading his crossbow for another shot at the beast, finally pulling the string all the way back, before reaching behind him and taking a arrow from his quiver, and placing it onto its spot on the Crossbow.

Looking back up to see the beast now pinned down by the Goliath, as well as being pelted with magical spells by the elf and the Tiefling stabbing the beast in the leg, Timmothy raised his crossbow at the direction of the beast.... but due to the possibility of hitting his Goliath ally or anyone else within that direction was the only thing making the rat hesitate his next shot..... but breathing in.... and out once more, before closing his left eye and letting his right eye used to line up his shot, he pulled the trigger and let the arrow fly loose into the air, it’s purpose being that of hitting the creature....

Ellya Ellya DapperDogman DapperDogman BarrenThin2 BarrenThin2 Celestial Speck Celestial Speck dr xenon dr xenon

Last edited:
The beast, now identified by May'falla as a Manticore, is grabbed by the throat and forced onto the ground by a show of Zulgur's raw physical strength. The beast, already massive even by comparison to the Goliath, is lifted up seemingly without effort and held down, squirming and struggling against the Cleric's grip.

"Gahh! Get off me, you filth!"
It roared, its voice deep and its breath terrible especially from so close.

As the beast is held relatively in place save for its thrashing about, is gets just pelted by additional projectile. The bolt from Timmothy's crossbow plants itself in its abdomen, causing it to shriek, almost whine as its voice breaks into a more high and pathetic pitch for a second. Three magic bolts land along his body as well, the impact of which could even be felt by Zulgur a little, each making a quick, bassy sound as they singe and bruise its fur and hide.

With all of this going on, it doesn't even stand a chance at seeing the stealthy Tiefling approach before he feels a sudden slash in its leg. Hope's dagger pierces skin and flesh, and the creature roars out in agony.

"HRRRHHH! NO!"

Suddenly, Zulgur feels a series of sharp spikes digging into his back and his neck as the Manticore's tail smacks him (8 damage). A few of the spikes even stick in his body as the tail pulls back, giving the monster just enough time to break free from Zulgur's grasp and immediately going in for a slash on the Tiefling that just slashed his leg, which is now bleeding and he seems to be limping on.

It throws its sharp clawed paw toward Hope, but the Tiefling manages to nimbly dodge to the side. Unfortunately, the Manticore seemed to be ready for this, and with a snap of its jaw, it bit down into Hope's arm fiercely, thrashing his head around a few times to do the most damage possible (just about 10 points of damage).

The Manticore finally lets go of Hope's arm, then retreats a few steps, snarling and looking around at the party that clearly outnumbered him. To add insult to injury, another bolt from Timmothy's crossbow flew at his weakened body as it tried to catch its breath, burying itself into its hip.

"Grraahh! Hrrrf.. Hmf... We will claim this home... Mark my words, tasty ones..."

Physically, the creature had a series of cuts and bruises along its body, and the leg that Hope had cut into is now raised up slightly in the air as it slowly backs away from the party a bit, trying to find a new strategy.

BarrenThin2 BarrenThin2 Celestial Speck Celestial Speck Lazaro1505 Lazaro1505 dr xenon dr xenon QizPizza QizPizza DapperDogman DapperDogman

TDLR The Manticore is pinned down by Zulgur
It is hit by a series of ranged attacks
Breaks free after striking Zulgur with its tail (8 damage) BarrenThin2 BarrenThin2
Misses claw but hits brutal bite attack on Hope's arm (10 damage) Celestial Speck Celestial Speck

Last edited:
Heron 14

Fumbling slightly with his half-loaded pistol, Heron could only step back from Timmothy before the beast landed on him, attempting to get off another shot only to realise he'd not cocked back the hammer on his pistol "Dammit" the Warforged growls, reaching for his axe only to see the beast had already begun to move toward May'Falla "Dammit!"
Thankfully it seemed Zulgur had intervened, attempting to tackle the beast and no doubt drawing its ire. He began to move his hand in an arcane gesture, but it seemed he couldn't get the spell off in time before the manticore managed to break free of his grip, wounding him and Hope quickly.

"You embody nature itself, it's tranquillity...And it's wrath!"
Focusing, he wills the magic into being, drawing it back from the air and focusing it into his fist as he holds his pistol with both hands, taking a deep breath before unleashing another shot from his now enchanted pistol, the arcane weapon releasing a streaking bolt of lightning with the shot toward the Manticore.

STATS
STR: 14 DEX: 20 CON: 18 INT: 11 WIS: 10 CHA: 8

Ellya Ellya BarrenThin2 BarrenThin2 Celestial Speck Celestial Speck dr xenon dr xenon Lazaro1505 Lazaro1505

AC: 17 with Bladesong active

"WE?" May'falla shouts back with feigned incredulity at the beast as she closes in on it to fight near Zulgur's side. Her move planned to allow Hope to still flank it and preferably staying out of Timmothy and Heron 14's line of fire. "You hear that boys? This fing claims to have friends! Betta watch your backs, mates! Me? I can't fink anyfing wif a bad enough sense of smell that would want to live with this pile a offal!"

Her rapier lances out at the Manticore. Its bladed wrapped in eldritch energy as her strike completes the gesture for Booming Blade.

Zulgur Storm-Herald
HP 42/50
STR 20
DEX 8
CON 16
INT 10
WIS 16
CHA 12

When the creature's spines ripped across Zulgur's body, he gritted his teeth, but otherwise showed no visual indication that he was in pain. Almost involuntarily, the lightning crackling along his body arced out as a reaction to the pain, a tendril of Talos's fury sent shooting at the source of his injury. When the monster struck Hope, the Goliath roared yet again, but the creature was backing away now. As before, the Goliath did his best to interpose himself between the beast and his companions.

Now, maybe a less violent or better adjusted person would see this as an opportunity to potentially try to frighten off the clearly badly wounded and beaten beast. Not to the Talos cleric, though. This was a mighty foe, and one that had harmed what Zulgur saw as his to protect. Rolling his shield off his back, the symbol of Talos brazenly displayed across the front, the Goliath advanced towards the creature, slamming his warhammer against the rim of his shield rhythmically.

If the beast advanced on him, or if it didn't back away fast enough, Zulgur lunged forward, shouting another incantation in Abyssal. The holy symbol on the shield crackled before a thunderwave shot up towards the monster, empowered by Talos's Destructive Wrath.

Last edited:
Timmothy Wahnabe Jr.
HP:

43/50

Stats:
STR:
DEX:
CON:
WIS:
INT:
CHA:

And after the bolt hit its mark, as well as the other three more bright balls of blue light from the spell casted by the elf made their Mark and hit their targets... but even when it seemed that they had the upper hand, things always go wrong at the last minute.... especially after the stab to the leg form the tiefling, and after the beast made a roar of pain, it then freed itself using its spiky tail, spiking the Goliath in the back, and from his standpoint, might even see some spikes still lodged in the Goliath’s back, but that wasn’t important, as his tiefling’s arm and rapidly and brutally threw their head around to deal as much damage as possible to the tiefling’s arm.

This Caused great concern for the rat, who at this point, ignored his wounds for now, and instead, ran to the side of Hope and Zulgur, thankfully reaching them in time as Timmothy said “Ok, uh, Don’t mind me or my presence, I’m just here to help out with your wounds.... ignore mines, from what I can see, you guys are probably hurt badly, one with a.... very not good looking arm, and one who still has spikes in their back... but first things first, your arm Tiefling.... uh, sorry for saying that.... I sorta forgot your name already due to the recent amount of stress as of now.... and... ok enough talking for now... gotta deal with your wounds first.... uh, the other one, sorry for also forgetting your name... but after I check up in your ally, I’m gonna be doing some on battle surgery as well....” as the rat began hurrying with taking out a roll of bandages from his pocket, using this moment to help out his allies.

Finally taking out the bandages, he began wrapping them around Hope’s arm while saying “It works better if you hold still.... and it makes my job easier.... just don’t flinch too much....” as he continued this process for a bit, before finishing when enough pressure was needed to help stop the blood flow coming from the bite wounds, as Timmothy then used his sharp teeth to bite the wrapping off of the roll... before putting the roll back into his backpack, and reaching to his side, he takes out a regular potion of healing, as the Rat said “I got two Potions as of now.... I feel like you need, and drink whenever you want to.... but if you do it now, please keep the bandages on until combat is over, so that I don’t have to frantically make sure that your wound isn’t still bleeding even under the effects of the potion, and it’s much safer as well....” as he extended a potion for the Tiefling to take, and he waited for a bit, waiting for it to be accepted so that he can start helping out with the Goliath’s wounds as well.

Celestial Speck Celestial Speck BarrenThin2 BarrenThin2 Ellya Ellya QizPizza QizPizza dr xenon dr xenon

As the Manticore was backing off slowly, still feeling bits of crackling lightning along parts of is body, it snarled and hissed.

"Do not go through with this... You are making a mistake you will c-- HHRRRAAAAH!"

The beast reared back and screamed when it was hit with a swift strike from May'falla's rapier, the weapon carrying a pulsing energy with it that transferred to the Manticore's body. It roared and took a leap forward toward the girl, at which point the energy on its body exploded into what sounded like a thunderclap, and the creature was interrupted momentarily, cringing in pain.

"Grrhh... Grraahhhr..."

Nevertheless, it leapt once again, this time unleashing its full flurry of attacks onto May'falla since she got so close into range.

Like a creature backed into a corner would do, the Manticore lashed out with unseen ferocity and relentless anger. In a flash, May'falla felt the creature's strong tail smack into her side, some of its spikes piercing her armor and even her skin as she was knocked onto the ground (14 damage). The monster stood on top of her and managed to, with extreme speed, slash its claw blindly across her arm, cutting it open. She could quickly feel warm blood oozing down her arm (11 damage). Then, its wide mouth opened, the intimidating rows of sharp teeth right in front of the girl, so close that she could see bits of flesh in it. All too soon, she felt every one of those teeth digging into her shoulder as it managed to bite down into her (9 damage).

The flurry had happened in what seemed like an instant for most, but Zulgur managed to step into action before the beast could do any permanent damage to May'falla's shoulder. With a strong swing, he knocked his shield into the Manticore's head, which on its own didn't do much, but it was quickly followed by a large explosion of force. A lightning bolt came down from out of the clear sky, struck the Goliath's shield and then arched off toward the monster, sending it flying back a few feet, shrieking loudly in pain.

"AARRRHHHH!"

Its roars weren't ferocious anymore. They were pathetic. It rolled a few feet and as it attempted to stand up, another bullet from the Warforged's weapon shot out with a loud *BOOM* and dug itself into the Manticore's knee, forcing it to collapse through its limb and fall to the ground.

The monster was bloody, beaten, bruised and barely breathing. Soft whining could be heard in its breaths as the battlefield grew more still and the beast made no attempt to move anymore.

"Monstrous... Creatures... We merely seek refuge..."

At this point, as if decided by fate itself but still randomly determined by say, the roll of a dice. The beating of wings was heard. Your mind rushes to the possibility of maybe another Manticore coming to aid, but no.

These wings are bigger.

Stronger.

And getting closer.

*whoof*

*whoof*

*whoof*

You all look up, including the beaten Manticore.

"... from him..."

antonio-j-manzanedo-white-dragon-manzanedo2.jpg

A shadow fell over the entire party as a massive white dragon flew over them. It seemed to pay no particular mind to any of the present warriors, its gaze instead focused northward. With just one more flap of its heavy wings, it started to descend behind the hills where you just came from.

Everything fell silent once again.

BarrenThin2 BarrenThin2 DapperDogman DapperDogman dr xenon dr xenon Celestial Speck Celestial Speck QizPizza QizPizza Lazaro1505 Lazaro1505

TLDR Manticore attacked May'falla dr xenon dr xenon
Tail for 14 damage
Claw for 11 damage
Bite for 9 damage
Sorry for those rolls
The dragon shows up and flies northward

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back