• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.
OOC
Here
Characters
Here

Timmothy Wahnabe Jr.

HP:

50/50

Stats:
STR:
DEX:
CON:
WIS:
INT:
CHA:

Log Start:​

After gaining the needed information from the man, Timmothy merely nodded and exited the inn, heading in the direction of the supposed provisions area..... but I did wait at the door for the other fella going with Timmothy, but he knew that this needed to be done quickly. While on his way to exiting the building, he looked upon the elf who told him of getting a map as well, and quickly replying with “Well, that is what I am also planning on getting as well.... see ya soon with the others....” as he started walking north towards Barthen’s shop. Maybe he wouldn’t be targeted once more by the people of this town just by walking around.... hopefully being the key word here......

Ellya Ellya dr xenon dr xenon QizPizza QizPizza

Zulgur looked around with a frown, then looking past Daniel into his home. "I apologize, fat man. I am looking for a Goliath Warrior named Daniel. Is he not home?"

Big Daniel frowned and glared up at Zulgur. He seemed to be grinding his teeth for a few moments, then leaned out of the door past him (as much as he could) and looked around attentively. "Yeah yeah, real funny. Pricks!" His big chubby face was getting red already, pretty easily apparently, and he looked up at the Goliath again. "I'm Daniel, you big bald fuck. Let me guess, Randol sent you here, huh? Fuckin'... LAUGH IT UP, YOU BARREL OF MOLDY SHIT!" he screamed out again, past the Goliath to the outside.

Daniel was already huffing and puffing after that excruciating feat of physical effort. "Huh... Hm... Ahem... Well, buddy... It looks like you've been ah, hrm... fooled. There's none of your kind in here, just me..."

"Good day to you, mum!" May'falla replies. "Me and some mates are off to help wif the troubles you've got brewin' - warnin' the folks in the outlyin' areas and all - maybe havin' at it wif an roc band or two - who knows, may as be we'll do well enough to actually go after that dragon ye've got. So I'm looking to see if I moight acquire a rapier for when the spirit of the Puma moves me to use it for my Bladesinging. You seem to have quite the foine selection I see - I do - I do."

"Ah, m'lady knows the importance of a light, well balanced weapon! I had you pegged for a dextrous fighter the moment you set foot in this store, my dear..." With a pleasant smile, the woman spoke as she wallked over to a barrel beside the counter which was just fulled with all sorts of one-handed long weapons. She pulled one of them out after a few seconds of consideration, unwrapped a thick length of cloth from the blade and revealed it, a long, thin rapier with a shiny blade.

She gently flipped the weapon around, holding it carefully in her hands with the handle toward May'falla. "May this aid you and keep you safe in your quest to protect our town. I expect to see dragon blood on this when you return." She gives a wink. "This usually goes for about 25 gold pieces, but I'll let a traveler with such noble intentions as yourself have it for only twenty. Anything else I can help you with, dear?"

Glassy, unmoving eyes tracked the man without him even realising he'd been watched. As amusing as Heron was sure this was for the man, he couldn't very well allow him to break that broom, how would he continue to sweep? So, being the good samaritan he is, Heron raises an arm to block the broom from making contact with his head.

"Please don't do that," he says calmly "While I can fix your broom, I wouldn't want people to think I broke it on purpose"

The man's eyes widened as if having seen a ghost, the fear of the Gods striking deep into his heart as the hands holding the broom trembled. "Y-Y-Y-Yes, s-s-sire..." he stuttered. It almost seem like there could be a dark stain appearing in his trousers any moment now.

And sure enough, Heron 14 could only watch as the man kept shivering, sniffling and eventually even soiling himself. "P-Please, sire... I ain't m-m-m-meant no offense..."

After gaining the needed information from the man, Timmothy merely nodded and exited the inn, heading in the direction of the supposed provisions area..... but I did wait at the door for the other fella going with Timmothy, but he knew that this needed to be done quickly. While on his way to exiting the building, he looked upon the elf who told him of getting a map as well, and quickly replying with “Well, that is what I am also planning on getting as well.... see ya soon with the others....” as he started walking north towards Barthen’s shop. Maybe he wouldn’t be targeted once more by the people of this town just by walking around.... hopefully being the key word here......

On the far north of the village, you come upon a humble looking shop with oaken walls and a roof made of some reddish wood. Above the door, it says in Common "Barthen's Provisions", giving the impression that this is quite a small and humble store, probably run by a person named Barthen.

~ Barthen's Provisions ~

08-calypso-shop-item-game-sorceror-shop.jpg

The shelves in this store stock most of the ordinary goods and supplies: you see backpacks, bedrolls, rope, boxes of rations, ... There doesn't seem to be any kind of weapons or armor here, but if you can think of needing something on your journey, it's likely here. Behind the counter stands a thin human with short light brown hair and a beard. "Ah, welcome, sir... It's a pleasure to have you in my shop!" On top of the counter sits one young human boy, looking quite similar to the shopkeep himself, but is quickly prompted to get off of the counter with a subtle elbow from the adult. The boy jumps off and offers a wide smile, as an identical-looking boy of the same age stands by his side. "Welcome!" they both exclaim in unison.

Upon further inspection, the boys did seem quite perturbed by the sight of the Ratfolk, but seemed to know better than to ask or comment on it. Barthen himself seemed to be more worried about how his boys would react than the appearance of Timmothy.

f144524699373e63902ac347e982fd10.png

Elmar_Barthen.jpg

QizPizza QizPizza

"Ah, m'lady knows the importance of a light, well balanced weapon! I had you pegged for a dextrous fighter the moment you set foot in this store, my dear..." With a pleasant smile, the woman spoke as she wallked over to a barrel beside the counter which was just fulled with all sorts of one-handed long weapons. She pulled one of them out after a few seconds of consideration, unwrapped a thick length of cloth from the blade and revealed it, a long, thin rapier with a shiny blade.

She gently flipped the weapon around, holding it carefully in her hands with the handle toward May'falla. "May this aid you and keep you safe in your quest to protect our town. I expect to see dragon blood on this when you return." She gives a wink. "This usually goes for about 25 gold pieces, but I'll let a traveler with such noble intentions as yourself have it for only twenty. Anything else I can help you with, dear?"

Taking the weapon May'falla turns away from the woman and tries its balance. Her movements are simple, as if she's only received some basic training with the weapon, but she seems pleased with the results if one were to judge from the broad smile on her face.

"It seems a foine blade, mum," she says back to the shopkeeper. "I'll have to practice quite a bit to be worthy of it, I'd say. But as my instructors always used to say, the only way to get better at anyfing is the practicing of it."

She counts out 20 GP in gold and silver, making her pouch considerably lighter. As she hands over the coins to the shopkeeper she continues the conversation.

"I've heard tell about the Orcs and Dragon, of course, but have you heard about ought else causing trouble in the area? Seems to me that if somefing as big as a dragon were to set up hereabouts, more than just Orcs would get pushed out. And wif you being a merchant, I'm sure you hear from all sorts passing through, I'd wager."

dr xenon dr xenon

The shopkeeper smiles as she extends her hands and accepts the gold, carefully placing it into a drawer within the desk she's standing behind. "Thank you, dear..."

As she seems to be subtly counting out the coins one more time, she looks up with another pleasant smile. "Well, I'm not sure I can be of much use to you there, dear... All I know is that the orcs have come down from the mountains to prey on the lowlands... If Neverwinter doesn't send help soon, the Orcs will overrun Phandalin and destroy everything we've worked so hard to rebuild..."

The woman looks down at the counter and shakes her head a bit. "I'm afraid I don't know much about the monsters outside the village... perhaps you're better off asking Townmaster Wester about it, or someone else around town."

Last edited:
dr xenon dr xenon

The shopkeeper smiles as she extends her hands and accepts the gold, carefully placing it into a drawer within the desk she's standing behind. "Thank you, dear..."

As she seems to be subtly counting out the coins one more time, she looks up with another pleasant smile. "Well, I'm not sure I can be of much use to you there, dear... All I know is that the orcs have come down from the mountains to prey on the lowlands... If Neverwinter doesn't send help soon, the Orcs will overrun Phandalin and destroy everything we've worked so hard to rebuild..."

The woman looks down at the counter and shakes her head a bit. "I'm afraid I don't know much about the monsters outside the village... perhaps you're better off asking Townmaster Wester about it, or someone else around town."
"I thank you for your time, mum," May'falla says picking up the rapier. "This does come wif a scabbard now doesn't it?"

"I thank you for your time, mum," May'falla says picking up the rapier. "This does come wif a scabbard now doesn't it?"

The woman smiles and nods her head gently. "Of course, dear" and after reaching down, she pulls out a long, dark leather scabbard with an adjustable leather strap on it, tossing it at May'falla. "Do come again~"

Timmothy Wahnabe Jr.

HP:

50/50

Stats:
STR:
DEX:
CON:
WIS:
INT:
CHA:

Not long in his journey towards the building, he finally reached it after not a long while of walking, perhaps a minute or two, and reaching the small shop which was unsurprisingly called, Barthen’s provisions, which he already heard about back in the tavern.... but enough waiting, he needed to use the amount of time he had as much as possible.... so, Timmothy went inside the building.

Going inside, Timmothy pretty much found everything that was needed to go and explore the area around here as an adventurer, the shelves surpassingly being filled with a lot of items, especially for an small shop.... but he couldn’t think much about it, for an welcoming from the counter, three people, one most likely the owner, being a thin man with short light brown colored hair, along with some facial hair, as well as something that would be considered rare, twin boys of the same age, and seeming like they were the sons of the owner of the establishment due to their similar physical appearances.... but he didn’t care about that for now, Timmothy needed to get some supplies, as he walked forward to the counter while doing a wave and saying “Hello there, to give you some context, I’m about to embark on a journey as well as with a few others to the windmill..... I would need a few things from here... one would be a map about the area here.... a healer’s kit in case someone in my group gets injured..... 5 torches, and... a week and a half worth of rations just to be safe.....” as he reached for one of the two pouches at his side, the rattling of coins can be heard within, as Timmothy awaited the total amount he needed to spend here, and while he could start a conversation here....

While there are other things he may have gotten, he still has his own items from his travel.... and these were the more important items he needed, because he still has two healing potions in case bandages are not enough..... a couple of chemicals to use, an alchemist’s fire flask.... and have enough arrows, being 25, for his crossbow..... but food and some lights were the main focus for an travel like this..... and this was to make sure that they wouldn’t be caught without any supplies out there in the wild.... but hopefully, it wouldn’t cost too many funds.... because Timmothy still needed to pay more in fixing up some of his wore down tools later...

Ellya Ellya

Zulgur Storm-Herald
HP 50/50
STR 20
DEX 8
CON 16
INT 10
WIS 16
CHA 12

The fat man got quite angry very quickly. Zulgur's scowl deepened, though he kept a level head. It seemed that this man was the victim of some kind of trick, so flying off the handle on him wouldn't really help anything. "So you are Big Daniel. Calm down." Zulgur's own voice did still carry a bit of a warning. Just because he didn't fault the man didn't mean the Goliath intended to allow Daniel to scream at him. He measured his response carefully. What had led them here? "Why has this Randol done this? Does he frequently play tricks on you?"

Ellya Ellya

The woman smiles and nods her head gently. "Of course, dear" and after reaching down, she pulls out a long, dark leather scabbard with an adjustable leather strap on it, tossing it at May'falla. "Do come again~"
"Oh I hope to!" May'falla calls out as she exits the shop. She pauses a moment to get her bearings and heads for the square.

No use dawdling about, she thinks to herself. Don't want to be the last one in the square, holding us all up.

Observing Heron 14 and the shivering wreck of a human next to him she makes her way over to them.

DapperDogman DapperDogman

Timmothy Wahnabe Jr.

HP:

50/50

Stats:
STR:
DEX:
CON:
WIS:
INT:
CHA:

Not long in his journey towards the building, he finally reached it after not a long while of walking, perhaps a minute or two, and reaching the small shop which was unsurprisingly called, Barthen’s provisions, which he already heard about back in the tavern.... but enough waiting, he needed to use the amount of time he had as much as possible.... so, Timmothy went inside the building.

Going inside, Timmothy pretty much found everything that was needed to go and explore the area around here as an adventurer, the shelves surpassingly being filled with a lot of items, especially for an small shop.... but he couldn’t think much about it, for an welcoming from the counter, three people, one most likely the owner, being a thin man with short light brown colored hair, along with some facial hair, as well as something that would be considered rare, twin boys of the same age, and seeming like they were the sons of the owner of the establishment due to their similar physical appearances.... but he didn’t care about that for now, Timmothy needed to get some supplies, as he walked forward to the counter while doing a wave and saying “Hello there, to give you some context, I’m about to embark on a journey as well as with a few others to the windmill..... I would need a few things from here... one would be a map about the area here.... a healer’s kit in case someone in my group gets injured..... 5 torches, and... a week and a half worth of rations just to be safe.....” as he reached for one of the two pouches at his side, the rattling of coins can be heard within, as Timmothy awaited the total amount he needed to spend here, and while he could start a conversation here....

While there are other things he may have gotten, he still has his own items from his travel.... and these were the more important items he needed, because he still has two healing potions in case bandages are not enough..... a couple of chemicals to use, an alchemist’s fire flask.... and have enough arrows, being 25, for his crossbow..... but food and some lights were the main focus for an travel like this..... and this was to make sure that they wouldn’t be caught without any supplies out there in the wild.... but hopefully, it wouldn’t cost too many funds.... because Timmothy still needed to pay more in fixing up some of his wore down tools later...

Ellya Ellya

As Timmothy speaks, the two young boys immediately get moving. Both of them go grabbing that various named items as quickly as the Ratfolk can mention them, and by the time he gets to the rations, the boys have already placed all the items neatly on a table. Meanwhile, Barthen speaks.

"Oh, very good, you're going to fetch Adabra then? It's about time, the poor woman's been on that hill since before the dragon even showed up..." The human placed the requested rations along with the rest of the items. "You'll have to find a few items elsewhere, I'm afraid... Alchemy items truly are Adabra's specialty, and weapons you'd have to find at the Lionshield Coster..." With that, he did gather the rest of the requested items and pushed them forward toward Timmothy.

As soon as he saw Timmothy reaching for his satchel, he shook his head. "Oh, no no... Payment isn't required, sir. Only promise to put these wares to good use getting rid of that scourge upon our lands. And... Well..." Barthen pulled out a pair of fragile looking eye glasses, cleaning them with his apron. "If you do manage to slay it... Perhaps you could bring me back a tooth of the beast? For compensation, of course!"

No matter what Timmothy responded to that request, he'd find himself picking up the rest of his items at the Lionshield Coster for a small sum of five gold in total, except for the requested alchemy items, once again being told to speak to Adabra about those things.

(( We can definitely play out those scenes as well, but I figured we can skip some of the more repetitive stuff and get everyone going on the adventure :) ))

Zulgur Storm-Herald
HP 50/50
STR 20
DEX 8
CON 16
INT 10
WIS 16
CHA 12

The fat man got quite angry very quickly. Zulgur's scowl deepened, though he kept a level head. It seemed that this man was the victim of some kind of trick, so flying off the handle on him wouldn't really help anything. "So you are Big Daniel. Calm down." Zulgur's own voice did still carry a bit of a warning. Just because he didn't fault the man didn't mean the Goliath intended to allow Daniel to scream at him. He measured his response carefully. What had led them here? "Why has this Randol done this? Does he frequently play tricks on you?"

Ellya Ellya

"Just fuckin' Daniel! DANIEL!" He screamed out, stomping his heavy foot on the ground. "Randol's just a bitter old prick, jealous, he is! That's right!" Getting worked up again, Daniel once again breathed heavily. "Dragon take his fuckin' legs, the fool... huff... huff..." He coughed a bit, leaning against the doorframe. "In... In any case... You won't find what you're looking for here, so... so just bugger off!"

"Oh I hope to!" May'falla calls out as she exits the shop. She pauses a moment to get her bearings and heads for the square.

No use dawdling about, she thinks to herself. Don't want to be the last one in the square, holding us all up.

Observing Heron 14 and the shivering wreck of a human next to him she makes her way over to them.

May'falla comes upon the sight of a poor lanky peasant man, his knees practically tapping against each other as his legs shake uncontrollably in fear, until he finally lets go of the broom with a yelp and runs off screaming. "Gahhh, don't take me to your dungeon, pleaaaaassse!"

Heron 14 now stood there, still as a statue, with a broom in his hand.

~ 2 people have now gathered in the town square and are ready to go ~

"Welllllllll," May'falla drawls as she sidles up to Heron 14, "I'm glad to see you've disarmed that fellow of his broom. A roight menace he's been making of himself to the visitors of this foine hamlet hasn't he?"

She finishes with a wink to the Warforged and begins to strap her rapier to the side of her backpack to keep it out of the way until she's more apt to use it.
Looking up after that's done she scans the sky south of the town and mutters to herself, "Now where's me damn familiar got himself to?"

Zulgur Storm-Herald
HP 50/50
STR 20
DEX 8
CON 16
INT 10
WIS 16
CHA 12

Zulgur's frown only deepened. This man had a lot of anger for someone so short. Maybe that was why he was so upset? The Goliath shook his head. "Big Daniel, you cannot allow people to mock you in this way. Answer their mockery in the only way appropriate: Crush him. Salt his fields, burn his home to the ground, and ensure that no one will ever whisper the name Randol again." With a slow, almost sagely nod, Zulgur turned and walked away, arriving at the town square shortly thereafter. Glancing at the other two waiting for him, he said matter-of-factly, though not without any disappointment, "Big Daniel was not a Goliath. He was a very fat human man."

In truth, now that he was able to think about it, Zulgur was disappointed. That was a chance to meet one of his people, squandered on what amounted to nothing more than a mean-spirited joke on another local. The Goliath crossed his arms, standing there waiting for the rest of the party with a particularly sour look on his face.

Ellya Ellya dr xenon dr xenon DapperDogman DapperDogman

Last edited:
Heron 14

Staring for a moment at the man, Heron slowly bends over, placing the broom on the ground and standing back up "I won't hurt you. And neither will any of these fine people" the Warforged turned to look at May'falla and Zulgur "We are all trying to help. So please refrain from breaking town property on me" he probably would have smiled, if his face was capable of that sort of movement. Instead, the blank stare of the magical construct was all that the man had to go on.

"And I doubt the elf has a dungeon." he adds, turning to face Zulgur "My condolences. It seems you've been had, as they say" he turns back to face the goliath as he speaks "For their sake, I hope the joke was aimed at the human and not you" he lets out a soft chuckle "I didn't see any of them armed with a cannon" Finally moving from his spot, Heron moved away from the broom and surveyed the hills briefly "How very human, joking during a time like this"

Ellya Ellya BarrenThin2 BarrenThin2 dr xenon dr xenon

STR: 9 (-1)
DEX: 16 (+3)
CON: 15 (+2)
INT: 20 (+5)
WIS: 12 (+1)
CHA: 10 (+0)
HP: 50
BarrenThin2 BarrenThin2 , DapperDogman DapperDogman

"Well that sounds roight disappointing, that does, Zulgur," May'falla says sincerely. "I'd be roight disappointed if someone told me there moight be a long lost relative of mine on the outskirts of town and it turned out to be a fat man instead."

Viscount Jean-Paul Pierre of Stellata
Link to CS
Ellya Ellya Lazaro1505 Lazaro1505

The viscount nodded along to the directions, but he had already noticed the building marked “Barthen’s Provisions” coming into town. It didn’t hurt to have confirmation about the location he planned on going to, though. Getting swindled was a good laugh though! Jean-Paul was brought to a chuckle at the thought that anyone could drain him of his money when he had little, to begin with. Only a foolish man would carry a fortune with him this far away from a city. Merci, monsieur, but I know ‘ow to be tightfeisted with my coin purse. My family isn’t eager support my ‘frivoloos aventures.’”

With May’falla being the first to get up, the group began breaking up to make preparations. That was a signal for Jean-Paul Pierre to begin following the Wood Elf out the door and into the dusty road that ran through Phandalin. To his surprise, the elf intended on going to the Lionshiled Costers trading post for her supplies, rather than the Barthen’s. Pierre didn’t see much of a reason to patron the establishment for supplies, seeing how the best quality equipment was reserved for those with connections and money, something no resident of Phandalin possessed in great abundance. He considered following the wood elf to try and strike up a conversation, but he decided against it. Instead, the viscount followed Timmothy to Barthan’s, with the intent to see if there were any supplies he neglected to account for.

Entering the wooden store, Pierre was greeted by a cozy little shop with all sorts of supplies packed tightly into the shelves to give the appearance of a well-stocked establishment. There was a certain charm that evoked images of young adventurers humbly starting their journey with nothing but a sword and a backpack filled with overpriced supplies. The thin man at the counter was presumably Barthan, and along with him were twin boys which must have been his sons. The little welcome performed by the trio brought a wide smile to Jean-Paul’s face as he particularly addressed the two boys, Merci beaucoup, zank you for ze warm welcome, young messieurs!”

The young viscount went about browsing the shop’s wares as Timmothy requested his supplies. Jean-Paul wasn’t looking for anything in particular and there was nothing special among the shelves, just run of the mill supplies. However, the nobleman would feel bad about leaving without purchasing anything, so he took a block and tackle and set it before the shopkeep. Without much delay, he pulled out his coin purse and began counting out 10 silver pieces for the pulleys and cable. “Zees should be enough, correct, monsieur? I ‘ave ‘eard zat zees should be worth 10 silver.”

STATS
(Parentheses for Argent Cavalier's Stats)
HP: 50/50
STR: 8 (8)
DEX: 10 (20)
CON: 10 (10)
INT: 16 (8)
WIS: 16 (8)
CHA: 12 (8)

PERK CHOICES
Ability increase
: DEX/WIS
Advantage: CHA

Viscount Jean-Paul Pierre of Stellata
Link to CS
Ellya Ellya Lazaro1505 Lazaro1505

The viscount nodded along to the directions, but he had already noticed the building marked “Barthen’s Provisions” coming into town. It didn’t hurt to have confirmation about the location he planned on going to, though. Getting swindled was a good laugh though! Jean-Paul was brought to a chuckle at the thought that anyone could drain him of his money when he had little, to begin with. Only a foolish man would carry a fortune with him this far away from a city. Merci, monsieur, but I know ‘ow to be tightfeisted with my coin purse. My family isn’t eager support my ‘frivoloos aventures.’”

With May’falla being the first to get up, the group began breaking up to make preparations. That was a signal for Jean-Paul Pierre to begin following the Wood Elf out the door and into the dusty road that ran through Phandalin. To his surprise, the elf intended on going to the Lionshiled Costers trading post for her supplies, rather than the Barthen’s. Pierre didn’t see much of a reason to patron the establishment for supplies, seeing how the best quality equipment was reserved for those with connections and money, something no resident of Phandalin possessed in great abundance. He considered following the wood elf to try and strike up a conversation, but he decided against it. Instead, the viscount followed Timmothy to Barthan’s, with the intent to see if there were any supplies he neglected to account for.

Entering the wooden store, Pierre was greeted by a cozy little shop with all sorts of supplies packed tightly into the shelves to give the appearance of a well-stocked establishment. There was a certain charm that evoked images of young adventurers humbly starting their journey with nothing but a sword and a backpack filled with overpriced supplies. The thin man at the counter was presumably Barthan, and along with him were twin boys which must have been his sons. The little welcome performed by the trio brought a wide smile to Jean-Paul’s face as he particularly addressed the two boys, Merci beaucoup, zank you for ze warm welcome, young messieurs!”

The young viscount went about browsing the shop’s wares as Timmothy requested his supplies. Jean-Paul wasn’t looking for anything in particular and there was nothing special among the shelves, just run of the mill supplies. However, the nobleman would feel bad about leaving without purchasing anything, so he took a block and tackle and set it before the shopkeep. Without much delay, he pulled out his coin purse and began counting out 10 silver pieces for the pulleys and cable. “Zees should be enough, correct, monsieur? I ‘ave ‘eard zat zees should be worth 10 silver.”

STATS
(Parentheses for Argent Cavalier's Stats)
HP: 50/50
STR: 8 (8)
DEX: 10 (20)
CON: 10 (10)
INT: 16 (8)
WIS: 16 (8)
CHA: 12 (8)

PERK CHOICES
Ability increase
: DEX/WIS
Advantage: CHA

The very moment Jean-Paul appeared in the shop, the two boys gave a each other a meaningful look, one grinning mischievously and the other giving a nod. Barthen, realizing that this man wasn't just some tourist stopping in town to see the sights, subtly shook his head at the boys with a stern expression.

When the viscount presented the block and tackle, Barthen gave a look of confusion. "Oh, uhm... Well, I can't say I'm not glad to be rid of that thing, I thought no one would ever buy it..." He gave a small chuckle, pulled out his eyeglasses and placed them on his nose, then looked over a long list on a parchment on his counter. "Hmm... Mh... Ah, here... Quite right sir, ten silver pieces!"

The boys, not seeming to heed their father's warning, moved in on their prey. One of them hopped on top of the counter and addressed Jean-Paul. "Oi, why you look all fancy? You from North of 'ere, sir?" he said, casually striking up a conversation as the other boy waited for just the right moment to swipe the man's pouch away from him. Even Barthen himself seemed to just be paying attention to his talking son.

~ Roll a Wisdom (Perception) check, if higher than or equal to 21, you spot the boy trying to swipe your purse. If not, you will only notice it being missing the next time you try to spend money ~

QizPizza QizPizza

Last edited:
"Yeah?! Well prepare to be impressed!"

A voice rang out from the south road. The three in the town square looked over and saw the large, lumbering figure of Big Daniel, a morbidly obese human, waddling his way over to them, slowly and with much huffing, but some pretty admirable determination. "I am sick... and bloody tired.. of being made fun of like this..." He wore a large coat of brown cloth over his beige tunic, which looked more like a set of drapes, held a tall stick in his hand which he partially leaned on as he walked, and carried a backpack in his other hand. On his head was a shabby but functional straw hat.

"I'm going with you all!" He cleared his throat, nodding confidently. "I'm coming with you to slay that dragon, and then I'll shove one of its teeth right up Randol's..." He stopped himself in his rage, noticing May'falla. "... behind! Now, someone help me get this on..." One strap of his backpack was already around his arm, and he very much struggled trying to get the other strap on as well. Mostly because there was no way in any of the Nine Hells this backpack would fit around even half of his obese body.

dr xenon dr xenon BarrenThin2 BarrenThin2 DapperDogman DapperDogman

~ 3 people (+ Daniel) are now ready and waiting in the town square ~

Zulgur Storm-Herald
HP 50/50
STR 20
DEX 8
CON 16
INT 10
WIS 16
CHA 12

"Do not patronize me." The Goliath frowned at each of them in turn. He was grumpy, that didn't mean he needed or wanted coddling. "I will ask Randol if the joke was on him or me the next time I see him. If it was one, I will break the card table with his head." Despite the overt threat of extreme violence, Zulgur was rather calm. Almost nonchalant, really. After all, how else does one solve the problem of someone playing tricks on you, other than direct, horrific violence? It was certainly the only method he knew, and it had (mostly) worked so far.

He hadn't even considered the possibility that a Goliath around here could be related to him. Of course, that was mostly because it was very, very unlikely, but it wasn't impossible. It was just improbable. He was in the middle of pondering his potential family when a familiar voice called out to the group. Turning, Zulgur's frown deepened as Big Daniel came running up. The man wanted to come with them. "You are wearing no armor, and carrying no real weapons." Zulgur took stock of the man. Maybe he had underestimated him. "... But a glorious death is still better than an inglorious life, I suppose. I will see that you get a glorious death on this suicide mission, Big Daniel."

Ellya Ellya DapperDogman DapperDogman dr xenon dr xenon

Last edited:

Letting out an exasperated sigh May'falla rolls her eyes - hard to tell if it's about Big Daniel's arrival, Zulgur's responses or both. She takes a deep breath and holds it for a moment before speaking.

"Zulgur," she starts in a low and slow tone with a somber look on her face, "I'm really starting to like you, I am. All I can say is that if you mistake empathy for patronization you're going to have a lonely life ahead of you, and I fink you deserve bettah than that. Aannndd - when I'm patronizing you, you'll know it ... subtlety is not my strong point."

Turning to Big Daniel she gives him an appraising look up and down.

"Noice to meet you, Big Daniel," May'falla says with some attempt at civility. "I'm with Zulgur here in wondering what assets you bring to our venture, I must say. Unless that staff's a roight propah spell focus or you're maybe a Druid, I suppose? Got some old training in the mystical ways of the Green Dragon monastery? Or ...."

Her speech shifts to a very slow cadence, "do - you - just - fink - this - is - a - good - idea - for - the - ten - day - to - run - off - and - foight - big - nasty - dragons?"

Last edited:

Letting out an exasperated sigh May'falla rolls her eyes - hard to tell if it's about Big Daniel's arrival, Zulgur's responses or both. She takes a deep breath and holds it for a moment before speaking.

"Zulgur," she starts in a low and slow tone with a somber look on her face, "I'm really starting to like you, I am. All I can say is that if you mistake empathy for patronization you're going to have a lonely life ahead of you, and I fink you deserve bettah than that. Aannndd - when I'm patronizing you, you'll know it ... subtlety is not my strong point."

Turning to Big Daniel she gives him an appraising look up and down.

"Noice to meet you, Big Daniel," May'falla says with some attempt at civility. "I'm with Zulgur here in wondering what assets you bring to our venture, I must say. Unless that staff's a roight propah spell focus or you're maybe a Druid, I suppose? Got some old training in the mystical ways of the Green Dragon monastery? Or ...."

Her speech shifts to a very slow cadence, "do - you - just - fink - this - is - a - good - idea - for - the - ten - day - to - run - off - and - foight - big - nasty - dragons?"

Daniel grumbled a bit when being called Big Daniel again, but his reactions weren't nearly as aggressive toward May'falla as he seemed to be toward Zulgur. "I'd really prefer if you just called me Daniel..." he muttered. He held his staff more firmly in hand and actually grew a little bit of a smirk."I'll have you know I've trained myself in my own way of fighting! So don't you worry about old Daniel here, I'll hold my own!"

BarrenThin2 BarrenThin2 DapperDogman DapperDogman

(( Lazaro1505 Lazaro1505 QizPizza QizPizza Celestial Speck Celestial Speck just a word of warning, i'll be posting the Umbrage Hill quest update tomorrow (my time, which means in about 11-12 hours from the moment of posting this, no rush at all, just saying so you're prepared and can maybe get some a last post in :) ))

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back