• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy The Devil's Throne - OOC [OPEN]

Main
Here
Characters
Here
Other
Here

Misty Gray

Pessimisty
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)

The Devil's Throne - OOC

An alternative reality to ours... In the 18th century, the King and Queen reside in a palace situated in East Anglia, England. Strict and old-fashioned, it's difficult to believe the way the world moves around them. However, with the power to change anything in the country the moment they wish, they are the most powerful people in England. Employing many, including guards, servants and advisers, the family holds a great level of secrecy within the walls. Anyone found to break the vow of secrecy or many other rules, could find themselves put to death without trial.

The King and Queen have three sons and three daughters. The eldest Prince, and heir to the throne, is a handsome young man, though cold and heartless by nature. He is due to marry the daughter of the highest judge in England. Many, including his own siblings, fear what will happen when the cruel prince eventually becomes king.

Recently, things in the castle have been gradually becoming more unsettled than usual, following the execution of a young servant a week earlier. Tortured before been hung, she was accused of being evil and trying to corrupt the youngest princess, simply because she was of a poorer class.

This will be a realistic drama (though not historically accurate to our real world) and will remain focused within the palace walls and grounds. This will be heavy on characterisation, with twists, violence and probably a lot of misery!

I'm not majorly strict but I prefer around 2+ paragraphs per post and certainly not just a couple of sentences.

Out of character chat goes here...

Last edited:
Will have both of mine done by the end of the night, still stuck at work. Gross.

My babes are finished!

I may edit them later but for the most part, they're ready for relationships and plottingggg

In general I think most of the royal children will be indifferent if not disdainful towards Edward because of the situation between his mother and their father, especially when they find out they have an infant half brother.
I imagine the queen will have absolutely nothing to do with him lel
But if anyone would like to plan otherwise please let me know!

Yennie Yennie it’ll be very interesting though- like, will the king admit that he got someone else pregnant, will the family believe he is the King’s son etc. I guess they will because you said in the CS that Edward looks like the King, so they’ll have to believe it but won’t want to....maybe it means more competition for the other siblings?? VERY JUICY PLOT TWIST.

Misty Gray Misty Gray How do you think Christopher and Edward would get along?
I feel like Christopher would be quite tolerant of Edward as he seemed pretty serious/level, rather than overly friendly or super jolly. He favours those who come across as focused and not guided by emotions. Still, he'd probably get quite a few digs in about Edward's mother, even if he does know his own father and Edward's mother are to blame.

Just a question- when we start the role play, where will the scene be set? Or do we start wherever?
I'm still deciding on that. It may take place in two locations, one inside the palace and the other in the gardens. Pretty much all of the RP will be contained within the palace, to keep things simple and focused on our characters & their dramas.

Also, will we be starting as soon as everyone gets their character sheets done, or do we start after a certain number?

I’m sorry for all the questions, I’m pretty excited haha
Misty Gray Misty Gray

Once the middle princess and middle prince are finished I will start it. The only day I'm unlikely to start is a Wednesday as I have limited time then.

All completed characters are accepted.

I'll work on what I think Maxwell's and Christopher's relationships with other characters will be soon. I'm at work now so will have to do it later today.

Yennie Yennie it’ll be very interesting though- like, will the king admit that he got someone else pregnant, will the family believe he is the King’s son etc. I guess they will because you said in the CS that Edward looks like the King, so they’ll have to believe it but won’t want to....maybe it means more competition for the other siblings?? VERY JUICY PLOT TWIST.

Edward himself is not the King's son but his baby half brother. Either way it should be rather interesting!

I feel like Christopher would be quite tolerant of Edward as he seemed pretty serious/level, rather than overly friendly or super jolly. He favours those who come across as focused and not guided by emotions. Still, he'd probably get quite a few digs in about Edward's mother, even if he does know his own father and Edward's mother are to blame.

That's great, I'm hoping that Edward can become an important member of Christopher's court so it's good he feels like that. Looking forward to his jokes lol

That's great, I'm hoping that Edward can become an important member of Christopher's court so it's good he feels like that. Looking forward to his jokes lol
"I'm sorry your mother's a whore." - Christopher.

Working on Middle princess now :) should have her up soon! again, any relationship plotting can be done in PM with me :D

Also you have all been spammed with love, hopes this makes y'all giddy XD

I should have all the relationships written up in the next hour. But if you have any juicy ideas for Christopher or Maxwell please let me know. Or I'm happy to change anything if you think differently to my ideas.

I won't really be writing relationships for the king, though. Unless you really do have something in mind.

Maggie is up! if anyone wants to start making ships pm meeeeeeeee! lol. She's not completed but will be when I get back from classes :D

I've added something for everyone into Christopher's bio. Hopefully it gives plenty to work with. I'll do Maxwell's later. :)

Lost Lost Are you still interested in playing the second prince?

I've added some bits for Maxwell too. Mostly, he's afraid to approach the royal siblings, even though he'd like to talk to them. :P

Users who are viewing this thread

Back