• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Futuristic The Deep Dark: A Space-Age, Intergalactic Freeroam RP

How many more people should we have in the RP?

• No More!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 1-2 more/ 7-8

• 3-4 more/ 9-10

• 5-6 more/ 11-12

• A full Space Marine Regiment (A Crap-Ton!)

• Total voters
[QUOTE="Cry U 945]While I'd much prefer to not spoil it for myself, I feel if I'm coming up with any sort of plot I'll need to know. Could you send me a PM with the info?

[/QUOTE]
Sure thing considering that massive ass post is lagging my typing to hell and back.

The idea of the L-Crystals being the pupal stage of the Precursors is quite fitting. Though the conditions for them to develop must be very specific and difficult to achieve (e.g. A EM wave with a certain frequency + A very specific and extreme temperature + Extreme Pressures +An insanely long period of time in the above conditions), or otherwise the galaxy would be swarming with them. As someone may want to RP how their smuggled L-Crystals develops into a Precursor specimen (we may even incorporate it into the plot!), more information about the Precursors is require at the correct time (not now, as it will destroy their mysteriousness).

Do you want to discuss what their physical form would be, at least? Or do you want me to come up with it on my own and reveal it during the RP, as I already have an idea of their appearance.

I was thinking that Traveler's fascination with Precursor ruins would have to do with L-Crystals, and that they would be the first ones to discover the truth behind them. What do you think of that?

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't have the faintest idea what their appearance might be, so you'll have to come up with them later. Traveler might have linked the L-Crystals to the Precursors and have discovered bits and pieces of information about them from the Precursor's ruins. They keep the rest of the galaxy in the dark however, as they conduct experiments on the L-Crystals in hopes that they'll gain an advantage over their rivals (New Precursor technology, Mastering teleportation, anything you can think of that they might find out from the crystals etc.)

Notes:

- Colonians love politics, so government membership is good

-isn't a planetoid the size of the sun way too big?

- What about teleportation? Both me and crystals want it to be possible.

- any way too knock a meteor out of orbit to hit a planet with it?

A planetoid the size of the sun would have so much gravity you couldn't live on it.

I don't see the point in teleportation, ships can already warp to locations almost instantly, that would allow people to just say "fuck it" and teleport away

Big ass thruster, hitting it with something with enough mass or force. Would be very hard but doable

@Cry U 945 The character I would want to play wouldn't be of a race mentioned. He would be a member of an old precursor like race from long ago (canon time is that they left a million years ago) and he would be in a Anthro-Wolf humanoid form. There's obviously a lot more too it thanthat but that's the basic plate there.

The teleportation we're talking about here is extremely rare and will only be use in extremely short ranges (i.e. @LeviathanL's character's suit, which will undoubtedly require explanation), enough for tactical use- surprising your opponent, but not enough for the aforementioned "fuck it" purpose, and it will have heavy restrictions to its power, I believe.

As for the L-Crystals, they are not designed as a playable race and that their teleporting qualities are extremely limited, with no practical purpose other than serving as a reaction to stimuli, I believe that teleportation can and should be implemented, albeit with the aforementioned restrictions.

Originally, I was against teleportation for the exact same reasons, but if it was restricted and limited, it can still be an interesting mechanic. See my original post (ref. "The Deep Dark: A Space-Age, Intergalactic Freeroam RP" p.2 #34) for details.

I actually have read through previous posts and while I don't like teleportation limited teleportation weould be interesting. And technically my prescurser like race teleports... although not quite.

Also my precursor like race isn't the crystals, they are vastly different. A precursor race is just a race that existed before current races. Besides I could change my race to fit the rp, their quite a new invention and therefore very flexible

Concept Check: From my understanding, I believe that we are dealing with two precursor races, the one created by @Cry U 945 and yours. Currently, @Cry U 945's race is highly likely going to be linked with the crystals, and their actual name has not been disclosed by our dear old host. I'm sure you will be able to write the fact-sheet/data file of your race soon, and that your character will have abilities alike teleportation, but works using different principles presumably. Correct me if I'm wrong.

I can copy and past the info for them ehre right now and ym charcter will have limited teleportation explained by the creatures nature.

This is the original write up of them. Some has changed since then but i'd want to see your reaction to their original form

So here is my opposite dredge race so far (not completely opposite of course)

They are called the "Quazurn D'u Liiku" which translates to "Creatures of Light" nut they simply call themselves "Liiku" (Light).

They, like enlightened Dredge think on a completely different level than most beings but these beings think on a different plane than the dredge, not in the sense that they are smarter or dumber than them but they think differently and can be seem as more intelligent purely because of that, or dumber as it depends on your perspective. While dredge feel much emotion they do not feel most emotions, at least to an extent. Some of course feel more emotions than others but most are only capable of a vague curiosity in the world around them due to their enlightened status.

You see, they have existed since the first galaxies and their planets came into existence. They were one if the first civilization ever to exist in this universe. Over the billions of years of their existence they create technology unfathomable to all save the dredge and other enlightened creatures. Over these billions of hears as well they evolved, partly natural and partly due to genetic tampering on their end.

You see, sometime before the dinosaurs died they discovered a way to travel between dimensions. They discovered wierd and strange dimensions where the laws of.physics as we know them do not apply. They found a dimesion they called "Killuki D'u Weasdin" or "Realm of the Gods" where god like creatures controlled the entire universe. Believing these creatures to be the key to further advancement they started making the genetic changes needed for them to live in the dimension, as their bodies quickly shut down because of the strange way physics worked there.

1 million years ago they achieved their goal. They became what one would call "non physical brings". Yes, they still have bodies but they are merely vessels which they use to interact with the physical body. If they were to die their "soul" would live on unable to interact with the physical world until they found a new vessel, which of course had to uninhabited by a living soul. With this adaptation all save a few thousand migrated to the new dimension, shutting the portal behind them, never to be seen again.

Those who remained stayed for a variety of reasons, some did not believe the so called gods, others merely saw no point in leaving. Whatever the case the universe in inhabited by only a few thousand of these beings. They could be anyone, your garbage man or your president and you would never know.

But unlike the Ravens they are not an organization. They are separate and have no government. Some use their abilities and intelligence.to gain power but most are not capable of such a desire and mainly go through different roles in the life of "lower"" species with a vague interest.

Sounds intriguing. Your descriptions make my boss sound like a Liiku, with his extreme intelligence and power seizing tendencies, while somehow managing to come out on top every time. Let's see what our dear old host and the other members think.

I know Jarky doesn't have a problem with them- not one he has mentioned thus far.

There are some changes ive made to them but I thought i'd show the original. I need to finish typing a reply to the rp me and Jarky are in, so my newest verison will come soon

They are called the "Quazurn D'u Liiku" which translates to "Creatures of Light" nut they simply call themselves "Liiku" (Light).

They came into existence some 4 billion years ago, in the form a small bipdel fox-like creature, They measured just over 3feet tall on average and weighed in at only 60 to 80 lbs. To make up for their small stature and therefore lack of strength that were incredibly agile and intelligent, allowing them to escape being hunted to extinction by the planets apex predators. Their top speed being 35mph and being able to turn on a dime helped them escape predators while their average IQ of 125 allowed them to outsmart them and invent tools relatively quickly, inventing basic tools and discover fire relatively quickly, only approx. 5 thousand years after their birth.

Within 50,000 years they came to dominate their environment completely, achieving technology on par with human technology in 2016 in a fourth of the time it took humanity to do the same. From there their technological growth increased exponentially, inventing their first FTL drivers 25,000 years later and Warp drives in another 15,000. And so on.

Sometime before the dinosaurs died they discovered a way to travel between dimensions. They discovered weird and strange dimensions where the laws of physics as we know them do not apply. They found a dimension they called "Killuki D'u Weasdin" or "Realm of the Gods" where god like creatures controlled the entire universe. Believing in their technology (for they thought they could subdue these creatures)these creatures to be the key to further advancement they started making the genetic changes needed for them to live in the dimension, as their bodies quickly shut down because of the strange way physics worked there.

1 million years ago they achieved their goal. The final transformation from the fox-like creatures they were before to non-physical beings was done by a Liiku geneticist named Dravak, who used information gained through studying the genome of many other species, including even the Dredge to make the transformations possible. They became what one would call "non physical brings". Yes, they still have bodies but they are merely vessels which they use to interact with the physical body. If they were to die their "soul" would live on unable to interact with the physical world until they found a new vessel, which of course had to uninhabited by a living soul. With this adaptation all save a few thousand migrated to the new dimension, shutting the portal behind them, never to be seen again.

Those who remained stayed for a variety of reasons, some did not believe their fellow's claims, others merely saw no point in leaving. Whatever the case the universe in inhabited by only a few thousand of these beings. They could be anyone, your garbage man or your president and you would never know.

But unlike the Ravens they are not an organization. They are separate and have no government. Some use their abilities and intelligence.to gain power but most are not capable of such a desire and mainly go through different roles in the life of "lower"" species with a vague interest.

Notes: While their bodies have been heavily changed, only a select few were granted with increased intelligence, most being left with their natural intelligence.

Dravak is primarily responsible for their adaptation but stayed behind for reasons only Jarky knows

The second write up!

To connect them with thus RP I was thinking that they left to escape the devour rather than to conquer another dimension

Onto joining the RP, we have three spots available,mand they will be first-come first-served, so as to make things fair. If you would like to join, keep in mind you'll need to contribute, not just sit back and watch, and you'll need to be in it for the long run. As for everybody already in, I'll be doing roll-call to make sure you're still here. If by the time I check here Tuesday morning you haven't replied, I'll assume you've moved on. I'll go ahead and tag everybody on the list. @AlphaDraco @LeviathanL @Jarkov Malachai @Bobisdead123 @Yesman @Quarantinetimer

[QUOTE="Jarkov Malachai]*coughs* You wouldn't be using em though man.

[/QUOTE]
I'm not using them in our current rp bud

[QUOTE="Jarkov Malachai]*coughs* You wouldn't be using em though man.

[/QUOTE]
plus without them beign a thing I cant be Dravak so...

Bobisdead123 said:
plus without them beign a thing I cant be Dravak so...
*grunts uncommittedly*

Im telling ya, Malachai clan Dredge for Dravak, id love to see that shit mainly cause it'd be infuriating as all hell for the poor man/wolf/interdimensional space demon

Users who are viewing this thread

Back