• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.
OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Other
Here
The brushes keep shaking pretty bad, then they all stop abruptly, as if an invisible force has taken ahold of every single leaf and branch all at once. A split second later, that ear-piercing noise echoes across the forest again.

- Here it comes !

Jin alerts Galaxy, just when the thing lunges out of the shadow and straight at the two. He turns to its direction, but his vision isn't enough to really see exactly where, just that he only sees somewhat of a blur dashing through the air.

--------------------------------------

- I agree. I'd like to help improve the morality a bit too. The atmosphere of the town weighs me down too much to-

Ragna is cut off when he perks his ears up, hearing a roar from outside town. It's not too loud, considering the distance and all the obstacles getting in the way, but he still gets startled enough to have his skin stand. He looks around frantically :

- What the hell was that !?

Galaxy_730 Galaxy_730 Yaruzaru Yaruzaru

Galaxy sees it for a brief second, then throws the grenade in it’s direction. A giant, blinding explosion erupts, causing the being to shriek wildly, and Galaxy to fall backward.

Ragna took the words right out of Yaru's mouth, given that the bad air going around only served to weigh everyone down further. There was little that could be done about it, but Yaru liked to think that one day he wouldn't have to play the role of back patter for everyone who was having a bad day. He wanted to help, but he didn't think that feeling sorry for everyone was the way to go about it.

He doesn't get time to think much on a response though, his body freezing as the loud roar swats his long ears. His body is reflexively mindful of the glaive sticking out of the wheelbarrow in his direction though, much to his relief. He pans his head around after he manages to recover his bearings, his first glance going towards Ragna before checking his surroundings.

"You sure you still want to come? That sounds like a pretty big one, we might be in trouble." Given his light-hearted tone, it was hard to tell how seriously he was taking their hunt. He was undoubtedly anxious, but he seemed more than eager in continuing towards the sound rather than away from it.

Indeed, the monster is staggered backward when taking the flash bang right to the face. Jin takes the chance and makes sure to make every shot count, as much as he can.

- Kill it ! Quick !

Then he unloads all the bullets he has straight at the thing before it can recover. The monster's fluid, snake-like movements make it rather easy for the thing to dodge a number of projectiles from the wide spread of Jin's shotgun, but when a projectile does hit, it's enough to blast off a fungi or a flower off its body. Each projectile comes with such force that, if the monster had blood, then the whole scene would be pretty gory by now.
The loud noises of gunfire, when out of the thickets in the sickening forest of leaves, woods and flesh, aren't so much as gunfire, more so like dampened firecrackers popping. However, it's still somewhat possible to tell that it's gunfire, and with the monster's shriek, it's pretty obvious...

- Someone else is out there.

Ragna informs Yaru with what he got, and he, too, is just as anxious, wanting to get there to see what's going on rather than getting away.

- We better hurry. Whoever is out there, they may need help.

"I was really hoping that I wouldn't have to run with this thing."

The idle complaint goes alongside him putting his back into pushing the cart, comically placing the handle of his oversized glaive into his mouth before he suddenly darts forward. Sure, he could likely get there faster without the added weight of the wheelbarrow. But it was uncertain on whether he'd get a better chance to catch something, when considering the fact that he had help along with him currently. Still, he's surprisingly energetic when he puts his mind to something, as he begins speeding the wheelbarrow towards the direction his ears are pointing him to.

Jin's gunfire is only somewhat enough to keep it off, but its slim body build means less hits from the wide spread of the shotgun, and his bad vision at night only makes it more difficult for him. He manages to land a few shots here and there, but the snake's fluid and agile movements are still a bit too fast for him.
It slithers to a side and goes for a wide-arc claw strike, and leaves some pretty bad scratches on his trunk, making him yelp in pain. He takes out the hammer and switches it to a long sword, as he goes for a quick slash at the front. He only grazes it, considering how much in a hurry he is when doing the attack, but enough for him to kind of "guess" its location.

Ragna looks at Yaru pushing the cart of iron chains, while holding an oversized polearm weapon... with his mouth !? He has a bit of trouble processing what he's looking at, but still runs along as well. The way he moves, seems like a martial artist or an unarmed-specialized fighter that prefers to focus on style and stunts, more than actual effectiveness, but he still appears to be able to handle himself well in a fight.

- I don't hear the gunfire anymore. Let us make haste.

Yaruzaru Yaruzaru Galaxy_730 Galaxy_730

There's an odd muffled sound that comes in response to Ragna's comment as Yaru dashes toward where the sounds were, likely to regret his hasty actions later assuming his jaw survived the trip. Of course, it was impossible to discern what he had tried to say while he had the handle of his glaive in his mouth, but it was clear at least that Yaru understood the urgency in Ragna's tone. He was used to others having odd opinions on him, but he didn't have any thoughts on his comrade in return, simply being glad to have company for his capture attempt. He makes sounds almost akin to a car engine speeding down a highway as he kicks up dust behind him in his sprint. To his credit, he had the agile movement one would expect from a land reptile dashing away from a predator, only slowed by the weight he was pushing along.

Galaxy manages to pull herself up, and fires another thunder-nebula sweep, hoping to get the beast in one place for just a second.

The monster hisses in pain when getting hit by Jin and Galaxy, and tries to retreat, but takes some more gunshots as it slithers away. However, given how its body is literally just the leftover skin of a snake, hollowed inside and reanimated by the fungi, the gunshots shred it apart. The body parts start to crawl all over the place like oversized insects. Jin freaks out like hell and almost jumps, totally caught off-guard by the sight, and drops the gun again.

- Shit shit shit fuck fuck fuck fuck kill it kill it KILL IT WITH FIRE KILL IT !

He manages to grab the gun, but panics too much to aim at all.

--------------------------------------

Ragna tries to navigate the way to the location of the monstrous roar, when he notices some flashes of light from afar through the trees and brushes. Then, gunfire again.

- I think we found 'em. Let's hurry. And, avoid the trees !

He instructs Yaru as he rushes ahead, determined to save the survivors of this messed-up forest.

At the sight of the crawling limbs, Galaxy slightly freaks out, illuminating all her paw pads this time in a fiery red hue- causing flames to spew from where she steps.

Yaru would continue to follow, albeit slowing down considerably on account of having to steer through the forest. The vague warning about the trees is an immediate question that he's forced to leave for later, as Ragna rushes ahead of him. He heeds the warning regardless, trying his best to not lose sight of the dragon while carting around his equipment.

As the crawling limbs catch fire, they quickly burn to ashes, along with whatever foul and twisted fungi reanimating them. The monster is about 2/3 left, but as Jin was panicking too much to focus his aim, it manages to slip out of their sight and darts towards a nearby bush. Jin calls out to Galaxy :

- Don't let it get away !

Just in time, Ragna catches on Jin's alert as he notices something going into the shadow, something rather long and moves in a fluid manner. His paw feet and hands light up with three colors, orange-red of blazing fire, cyan blue of blistering frost, and golden yellow of cracking lightning. In a swift and acrobatic strike, he smites the whole bush to ashes and smokes with fire and lightning, and keeps it somewhat contained with frost, so that the fungi won't be released and spread out. However, the monster emerges from there, fully healed after gathering enough masses of fungi and flowers to regenerate itself.
The scent of the flowers cause that sleepy effect again, but Jin has a hard time covering his face, due to his long trunk, and has to keep the distance. He notices Ragna and Yaru coming in, and shouts out to warn them :

- Careful, its scent can make you get sleepy !

Ragna notices that and also has to quickly back off, using some cloths of his robes to cover his face.

- Sleepy flowers ? That's so fucking lame !

Avoid the trees, don't breath in any strange smells and find a way to capture something that could apparently recover from damage. Yaru had only just arrived and yet already found himself completely lacking in options with which to fight. That and he needed to take a moment to collect himself and reposition his jaw, as he drops his glaive from his mouth to his hands. He'd make note of where he positions his wheelbarrow for the time being, in case he actually found a chance to use the iron chains he had brought along. But for now, he had to find a way of engaging a creature that wouldn't even allow anyone close to it without singing them bedtime stories.

"Should I come back another time? I don't know if I can capture this one under these circumstances," he'd say, clawing at his own head from a distance while keeping his eyes peeled. Scaring creatures off and away from town was easy, but trying to capture one that was in the middle of attempting to kill several others, was a different story.

Galaxy attempts to release another wave, but the firey act is done for her. She looks to the side at the two newcomers, wondering who they are.

- Kill it, quick ! Or it's gonna sing a lullaby for us !

Jin calls out to everyone at the scene at the moment, as he switches weapon to a hand cannon to focus fire on the monster. His flashlight helps the two to see its true form, and Ragna almost jumps as well.

- Holy shit ! The fuck is this !?

He tries to keep his position not near any fungi-covered trees or flower-infested bushes, but also a good distance away from the abomination.

- Plan B ! Fuck it up and kill it dead !

Ragna informs Yaru of the new plan, as he joins force with Galaxy's fire wave, unleashing a fire breath of his own and combining it with the wolf's wave to create a heavy blast that burns away more of the monster and helps to prevent its regeneration, somewhat. Due to its tree-like nature, the monster takes quite the damage from the attack, and panics more, trying to escape into another bush.

Galaxy’s quite impressed with Ranga’s fire power, and releases another wave along side him.
“I think the fire’s working! Keep at it!”

"Why am I not surprised? I'll stay back here for this one, I don't have much in the way of range with this thing, I'd only get in the way," Yaru would say, given that getting close with his glaive would be suicidal while the three of them were blasting the beast with magic and bullets. The words Ragna shouts unfortunately, only serve to remind him that he should stick to hunting alone for the time being, if he wishes to actually catch one of the abominations. Still, he couldn't very well leave in case one of them did end up needing help. For now, he was content in observing the fighting skills of the other three as well as the creature's capabilities.

The monster is pierced apart by Jin's hand cannon, only to take heavy damage from the fire-based attacks of Galaxy and Ragna combined next, eventually reduced to nothing but ashes and smokes as it's burned away. All the fungi and flowers inside and outside the thing, burned along too.
The sleepy effect wears off. The air is... a bit more tolerable to breathe in.
Jin walks to the three and puts his weapons away.

- Glad you two showed up. Thanks for the help.
- You're welcome. Though, what are you two doing in this far deep into the forest ?

Jin shows them the list of missions he found.

- Oh, that. So you're just clearing the way for now ?
- Yeah... until we found a camp over there and- what the !?

Jin points at the direction of the abandoned camp site that he and Galaxy found earlier, but there's no camp site ! Instead, there are only skeletons on the ground. Jin is visibly confused at what he's seeing.

- ... I could've sworn there was a camp site over there just now. I swear and I hope I'm not going crazy. Galaxy, you did see a camp when we got here, right ?

(yellow is Ragna's lines, orange is Jin)

The wolf’s equally as confused at him pointing that out. “Yeah, couldn’t sworn there was... did that monster do something to it?”

Yaru was glad that Ragna had more than enough firepower alone, to alleviate any worries about the safety of the other two they had come across. He did feel it was a bit overkill considering the beast was fleeing, but he could see that the three of them were simply completing the tasks that had been asked of them, not that it wasn't a disappointing reminder of how alone he was in his goals.

"You were likely seeing things. A camp wouldn't survive out here I'm afraid."

He takes a moment to look around himself, but seeing the remains of old skeletons only confirms his thoughts on the matter.

Jin scratches his head, not sure what to make of it anymore.

- Guess you're right... maybe the sleepy effect got to us pretty bad... and we could've joined those poor victims too. Anyway, where did you come from and how did you find us here ?
- We're from the town, this guy planning to capture one of those freaky monsters so as to study them and get a better idea about them, so that we can fight them off better. We got out of town when we heard some noises over here, and got here to find you.

Ragna replies while introducing Yaru. Jin looks rather concerned when he hears that they're planning out on how to approach and study these monsters. He learned a bit about the over-all, general nature and origin of the monsters too, and it was more than enough to push the world down the pit as it is now.
He wants to tell them about that, but he holds himself off, not wanting to cause confusion and misunderstanding when it can be avoided.

- How do you plan on capturing them though ?... And I'm assuming you have encountered them at least once so far ?

Now it's Ragna's turn not knowing what to say to avoid revealing his secret of being from the Metropolis. The thought of him once a member of a bloodthirsty, delirious and delusional cult, would be just about the conflict and chaos he needs right now.

- I have... but I never had any intent to capture them. I just tried to kill them as fast as possible before there's casualty.

Seeing as Ragna spoke in his place, Yaru skips any form of introduction and instead answers one of the questions.

"First I have to find one that isn't dead, before I can show you how I'd capture one."

It was more of a teasing comment than anything, knowing that his company had their own ideas about what to do with the abominations.

Galaxy stays back, listening to what the others have to say.
“whatever happens, I just wanted that thing dead. Capture it if you want.” She shrugs

Jin clicks his tongue, not much of a fan with Yaru's plan of capturing those "things", but he's also a bit curious in just what kind of idea this strange fellow has on his mind.

- ... Fine, but if you or anyone get even just slightly injured while you "capture" one of those, we kill it immediately. Can't take any chances, y'know.

Ragna nods, giving Yaru a stern look, but not like a strict, serious warning, more so just a remind.

- I'm with him on that. Can't be too careful in times like this. I've seen some shit, and I don't wanna have to stomach through more. So, what do we do now ?
- For now we just explore this forest and clear the paths... see which direction leads where.

The dragon shrugs.

- Probably easier if we just burn this whole place down.

The mammoth, in return, shakes his head with a rather unsettled look on his face.

- Trust me, I'd love to, but as far as I've seen, this forest is literally of flesh, not barks or leaves. Fire doesn't work too well here. Shit happens, man.
- ... You got a point. So... for now just explore the place, huh ?
- Yeah. The entrance into the forest is... to the east of here. So, let's head south-west and see what we can find.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back