• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy The Darkest Shadow. Magical Girl/Boy, Viking-themed, Cosmic Horror. Interest check.

Ooh, KSBD username. I'm the only person other than Nine with an approved character so far, so I don't see why it wouldn't be okay.

So, I have a question about the lore. What are darklings like, usually? Like, how do they behave. Are they kind of a berserk state that targets uncorrupted life or more like an evil alter ego or does it vary or what? Are there darkling infiltrators that ready areas for corruption?

Also, are there any heavily corrupted parts of the world? I was thinking of my character being a veteran that was transformed because they got in a fight with a darkling as a normal animal while a god happened to be watching. That event will have taken(?) place in either an area bordering a heavily corrupted zone, with darkings heading out and attacking uncorrupted areas to spread it, or near the starting area, where an infiltrator was setting up a foothold for a future invasion.

So, I have a question about the lore. What are darklings like, usually? Like, how do they behave. Are they kind of a berserk state that targets uncorrupted life or more like an evil alter ego or does it vary or what? Are there darkling infiltrators that ready areas for corruption?

Also, are there any heavily corrupted parts of the world? I was thinking of my character being a veteran that was transformed because they got in a fight with a darkling as a normal animal while a god happened to be watching. That event will have taken(?) place in either an area bordering a heavily corrupted zone, with darkings heading out and attacking uncorrupted areas to spread it, or near the starting area, where an infiltrator was setting up a foothold for a future invasion.
Great questions!

Most darklings remain pretty much forever in a berserk state, attacking all uncorrupted life, but usually stays in one area they are familiar with. There are few, more-powerful darklings however, who show quite a bit of intelligence / planning ability and can command other darklings. They still stay in their own area though. And no, there are no darkling inflitrators. I wish I could explain more but how the area becomes corrupted is largely a spoiler territory so I'll store that for the future. As far as most people are concerned, any area can simply turn into corrupted place for, well, really no reason at all, which makes corruption all the more fearsome.

There are heavily corrupted parts of the world, yeah. As long as that corrupted part isn't the place on the map included in the lore, I'm happy. Darklings don't attack areas outside of their own areas, but other than that your backstory looks great!

Spiderheart Spiderheart Neo Alice Neo Alice Nightshade98 Nightshade98 Zyngard Zyngard Qrowlis Qrowlis Firelie Firelie
I think we have enough people to start the RP! We'll just be waiting for a few people to finalize the CS and then we'll start. By the way, if anyone wants to leave the backstory blank for now and work that through the RP, I'm more than happy with it. But I'd appreciate if everyone fills out the personality part, however brief that might be.

Also letting everyone else know that there are still more room to join.
Here's a fresh discord invite if anyone needs it: Join the The Darkest Shadow RP Discord Server!

Is this still open? I’d be interested in joining if it is. If so, is some kind of Surtr-type power taken or can I use it?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back