• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

MadeInAdelaide

What? Mayonnaise is good!

• 0bc1c560aa4eee85f3034b67e59008b6.gif

THE DARK WITHIN
    INTEREST CHECK

Attachments

• 1601922069491.gif
    1601922069491.gif
    2.4 MB · Views: 1
Last edited:
The main thread is linked up top, below my post, so feel free to make character sheets if you’re interested and ready!

I hope to kick off tomorrow, so if you’re interested, please submit a character sheet into the our ‘Characters’ page that is linked after clicking on the link in the first page

I like the idea of secret cult members - I'd be interested to gather your thoughts for how they're supposed to "carry out" tasks and other things. Will other cult members be able to know who the other ones are? Or do they need like a secret code to figure each other out? I think it could be interesting if someone is suspicious they check with the host and if they are in the cult they can PM about plot?

I like the idea of secret cult members - I'd be interested to gather your thoughts for how they're supposed to "carry out" tasks and other things. Will other cult members be able to know who the other ones are? Or do they need like a secret code to figure each other out? I think it could be interesting if someone is suspicious they check with the host and if they are in the cult they can PM about plot?
So I was planning to have a separate PM group chat with the cult members only, where all ‘meetings’ will be held. I was also planning on having ‘town meetings’ where everyone (even cult member)’ gather (this is in the main RP) and where they can discuss who they think is guilty, and every night there will be a vote. The person with the most votes is jailed and ‘out’, so they can’t RP anymore, they can only say if they were a townie or a cult member. They can make another character after that if they want. So that’s about it. Any other questions? : )

Hey y’all! I was hoping to have this start up today, so if you haven’t made a bio already, I’d appreciate it! YOu can still join after today, you just might be behind a bit! : )

Quick question for you all! Would you prefer for this to become more supernatural? Like having the townies start becoming affected by the magical energy in the town, or something like that. Or would you all prefer to keep it more realistic, with just the cult being able to perform rituals?

My characters feel like side characters compared to all the other characters lol. They're all so good.

And I'd say a mix of magic and rituals would be cool. Like nothing crazy, but still enough to keep things interesting and mysterious till the end. - Similar to the magic some people try to perform in real life, you can look up a whole list and stuff like curses/hexes, shapeshifting, maybe even spirit/demon summoning? Similar to a lot of the folklore in real life, except in the rp its all real. My opinion though, I'd be happy regardless!

Could we employ a similar tactic to Town of Salem or Mafia? Where the cult could gather and choose whether or not they would use magic and who they would use it on? Host could then DM said chosen person and let them know they're affected somehow for the game day? or something to that effect?

My characters feel like side characters compared to all the other characters lol. They're all so good.

And I'd say a mix of magic and rituals would be cool. Like nothing crazy, but still enough to keep things interesting and mysterious till the end. - Similar to the magic some people try to perform in real life, you can look up a whole list and stuff like curses/hexes, shapeshifting, maybe even spirit/demon summoning? Similar to a lot of the folklore in real life, except in the rp its all real. My opinion though, I'd be happy regardless!
Nooo I love your characters!! And yeah, I like that idea! The Bogeyman The Bogeyman had the idea that the cult is working to resurrect a creature (their God of sorts), so that’s why they need to perform these more violent rituals, as they are attempting to gather enough magical energy. I’d also like to add in more of the just regular pagan-type stuff you mentioned.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back