• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.
OOC
Here
Lore
Here
Kingly K Duel Kingly K Duel

The titanic gates are wide enough to encompass the entire force. Beyond their ruined expanse, a valley of desolation is spread. No life is present, no grass, no birds, no insects. The ground is riven and broken, revealing the true nature of this place.

Once a naturalistic fortress, disguised as barren stone, it lies in ruins. Vast, gaping chasms plunge into the deep vaults. Black lightning sizzles and cracks across the horizon. The light scatters around the greatest pit, in the distance. Gigantic stairs delve into the darkness, wide and mostly intact. The ancient bones of dragons are scattered, each killed with a single blow to the head.

Skylord Nexus Skylord Nexus

The surviving Redcaps bow to Kymos, pledging service. None of them want to die, and they accept chains readily enough. Afterwards the villages send an envoy, pledging loyalty to the Black Emperor and vowing to aid his goals.

Puppernickel Puppernickel

Zamiro considered.

“Dross? A common name. The High Protecters mix in my head, Dementia.” As he talks, he doesn’t change his posture save to keep his blade pointed at the Dark Lord.

Meanwhile...

Lord Aresan, coughing into his sleeve, is brought forth. He’s surprisingly young, but still glares with an iron will. The other soldiers are also there, many vomiting or tinged green.

The tower is apparently empty, save for a mysterious black sphere of stone at the summit. When directly touched, it sets the toucher aflame, disintegrating them in seconds.

The titanic gates are wide enough to encompass the entire force. Beyond their ruined expanse, a valley of desolation is spread. No life is present, no grass, no birds, no insects. The ground is riven and broken, revealing the true nature of this place.

Once a naturalistic fortress, disguised as barren stone, it lies in ruins. Vast, gaping chasms plunge into the deep vaults. Black lightning sizzles and cracks across the horizon. The light scatters around the greatest pit, in the distance. Gigantic stairs delve into the darkness, wide and mostly intact. The ancient bones of dragons are scattered, each killed with a single blow to the head.
Sault murmured a little as the troops looked visibly pale from the signs of devastation. Of course, that unfazed their commander as he rallied his force's morale. "Steady, men. Focus on your defense. Excersise caution calmly and you will see tomorrow."

With the morale now in a neutral state, the advance continued as Sault headed down the pitch black stairs, lighting a blue flame to dissipate the darkness as he and a company of 20 of his personal guard descended downwards.

Whatever did this to dragons, the strongest known creatures, in singular blows had to be dealt with, and preferably soon.

(Sault heads down the Obsidian stairs to the dark below with some of his troops)

The stairs are slick with frost, the sound of dripping water echoing. A drift of bones are heaped to the sides, bleached and burned. In the dark, far below the pallid light of the sun, the impression of ancient horrors can be felt.

Eventually, after hours of walking, they reach a door. It is enormous, and a red, flickering glow is visible. Beyond is smoke and flame.

Then a voice speaks.

Elves dwell in halls of stone

Dwarves raid upon the seas

Men wither, barbaric and temporary

And One Dark Lord to rule them

One Black Throne to crush them

The many perish, but the lonely survive

The wolves howl in the night

Dead things walk in the daylight

The Age of the Many is at an end

The Age of the One has come

I am enduring

I am undying

I am Endless

And you... are as mayflies

Zamiro considered.

“Dross? A common name. The High Protecters mix in my head, Dementia.” As he talks, he doesn’t change his posture save to keep his blade pointed at the Dark Lord.

Meanwhile...

Lord Aresan, coughing into his sleeve, is brought forth. He’s surprisingly young, but still glares with an iron will. The other soldiers are also there, many vomiting or tinged green.

The tower is apparently empty, save for a mysterious black sphere of stone at the summit. When directly touched, it sets the toucher aflame, disintegrating them in seconds.
Dementia smiled slightly and created an illusion of a glass of wine, sipping from it as he lounged on the floor. "Well well, I'm not surprised that you don't know him solely by name, as there has been five elven High Protectors of that name in the last millennia alone. However, I'm referring to the Dross that was blessed for his holiness and dedication by several of the gods, although there was one in particular. She was.... Oh, which god was it?"

Dementia hummed, making a show of tapping his chin in thought. "Ah yes, that's right! I believe it was... Zelorin? Zalorin? Hmm, she's the self proclaimed Goddess of Justice and Commitment. An interesting domain if I must say, and one of the few gods I could actually respect."

At this point Dementia created a second glass of wine and held it out towards Zamiro. "Want some? It's merely an illusion that tricks you into thinking your drinking wine, so there's no poison and you can't actually get drunk." Dementia was still trying to figure out the kinks of getting someone drunk off of his 'ethereal drink', but he'd at least fixed it so that it could fool the taste buds. Sometimes. Sort of. Eh, works half the time, and was thus good enough for now.

-----------

Snippet grasps her hands behind her back, staring across the area at the smattering of captured troops with a cold, uncaring gaze. Taking a few moments to simply stare at the group, in particular Lord Aresan, she grunted and began speaking loud enough for all of them to hear. "You all might be expecting some speech about how you all either suck, or how our way is better and you should switch sides. Well, sorry to disappoint, but unless I'm yelling at a particularly stubborn recruit I dont do any long winded talks. Even talking to you this long is pushing it for my usual."

At that point Snippet turned fully to Lord Aresan, her gaxe piercing into the mind as if trying to drag out his very soul. "If you're going to switch sides and can prove it, fine by me, everyone startsat the bottom and works their way up. All I really care about right now is whether the stone up stairs is going to spontaneously blow up the town if some demonic ritual involving a virgin sacrifice isn't done once a week or some other stupid thing like that."

Before Aresan could respond Snippet suddenly turned around and shouted at a few men. "Oi! Somebody take stock of the prisoners, make sure they're feed and all. If they want to convert, read them the rules and if they agree then by all means, send me the report. Regardless of what they do, all of them get sent back to Eintracht for processing! Except Lord Aresan here, he's actually important for current operations."

Snippet then turned back to Aresan, her fierce gaze once more fixed on him. "With that out of the way, anything I should know about the stone until we send experts to scan it? Does it need polished once a day or something?"

[Direct Action: More Insane Convo! Snippet inquires about the stone located on top of the tower, as well as sending the prisoners back to the castle]

The stairs are slick with frost, the sound of dripping water echoing. A drift of bones are heaped to the sides, bleached and burned. In the dark, far below the pallid light of the sun, the impression of ancient horrors can be felt.

Eventually, after hours of walking, they reach a door. It is enormous, and a red, flickering glow is visible. Beyond is smoke and flame.

Then a voice speaks.

Elves dwell in halls of stone

Dwarves raid upon the seas

Men wither, barbaric and temporary

And One Dark Lord to rule them

One Black Throne to crush them

The many perish, but the lonely survive

The wolves howl in the night

Dead things walk in the daylight

The Age of the Many is at an end

The Age of the One has come

I am enduring

I am undying

I am Endless

And you... are as mayflies
"Mayflies we may be, but we are with orders to search." Sault retorted back. "Our Lord is intent on the investigation of this island. As a Mayfly to you I might not understand everything...but this I can grasp. You are ancient, perhaps before the time of the rise of Dark Lords. Normally, I wouldn't consider facing you..."

Sault then made an angry, yet calm face as he glared at the door, hands upon it. "Our Lord yearns for power. At the same time, he wishes for obstacles to either submit or fall before him. Either you are a threat to us, or beneficial to our cause. However...as a warrior, disregard me as you may, I can respect the carnage you have done."

Sault examines the door as he looks at the design of it. "Your name might be forgotten...but your title should remain at least. I am no honorable warrior...rather, I'd beat you to a pulp if I could. But from the looks of it..."

Sault then smirked, as he backed away from the door. "Perhaps as a Mayfly, you garner no interest. Remember being forgotten is worse than being Endless...or alone. Something you had eons to think about, but never pondered realistically."

(Sault inspects the door and strikes up a conversation with the voice, trying to weasel out information.)

Zamiro waves aside the wine.

“I do not drink. The High Protector you speak of was blessed by Zalorin, indeed. What of it?”

Meanwhile...

The Lord drew himself up.

“We will never bow to you!” His men felt differently. Many of them were willing to consider joining, and did so in the background. “The stone? It fell from the sky. A Paladin advised us to hold it there.” Aresan said. “It will be your doom, I know. It’s from the Holy Gods.”

I SMELL YOUR MASTER ON YOU

MY PATHETIC SIBLING

LIKE ALL OF THE REST

A force presses on Sault’s ribs, pulling him through the door and into a vast space filled with darkness, flames sheeting from cracks in the stony ground. A Throne, black and serrated as broken glass, looms. A skinless shape, vague and glowing with inner fire, sits. A corona of darkness seethes around it.

YOU ARE SMALL AND EASILY BROKEN

The force of an ancient will smashes into his mind, screaming and writhing as it pounds.

TELL ME, HOW WELL IS YOUR MASTER REMEMBERED?

I CARE NOT, BUT THE ELVES LIVE IN FEAR OF THE SHADOW OF MY MIGHT

I HAVE SLAIN DRAGONS

GODS FELL IN MY WRATH

GIANTS WALK NO MORE WHERE I FOUGHT

KRAKENS DROWNED IN THEIR BLOOD

I RAISED THIS ISLAND FROM THE ROCK

THE STARS DID NOT EXIST WHEN I WAS ALREADY OLD

THE FOUNDATIONS AND FIRMAMENT ARE MY DESIGN

YOU ARE NOT EVEN WORTH KILLING

LEAVE

I WILL KEEP YOUR THRALLS

THEY WILL SERVE ME IN DEATH

TELL YOUR MASTER THIS:

MELAYS THE ECLIPSE NECROMANCER HAS COME

He was then dropped to the ground.

I SMELL YOUR MASTER ON YOU

MY PATHETIC SIBLING

LIKE ALL OF THE REST

A force presses on Sault’s ribs, pulling him through the door and into a vast space filled with darkness, flames sheeting from cracks in the stony ground. A Throne, black and serrated as broken glass, looms. A skinless shape, vague and glowing with inner fire, sits. A corona of darkness seethes around it.

YOU ARE SMALL AND EASILY BROKEN

The force of an ancient will smashes into his mind, screaming and writhing as it pounds.

TELL ME, HOW WELL IS YOUR MASTER REMEMBERED?

I CARE NOT, BUT THE ELVES LIVE IN FEAR OF THE SHADOW OF MY MIGHT

I HAVE SLAIN DRAGONS

GODS FELL IN MY WRATH

GIANTS WALK NO MORE WHERE I FOUGHT

KRAKENS DROWNED IN THEIR BLOOD

I RAISED THIS ISLAND FROM THE ROCK

THE STARS DID NOT EXIST WHEN I WAS ALREADY OLD

THE FOUNDATIONS AND FIRMAMENT ARE MY DESIGN

YOU ARE NOT EVEN WORTH KILLING

LEAVE

I WILL KEEP YOUR THRALLS

THEY WILL SERVE ME IN DEATH

TELL YOUR MASTER THIS:

MELAYS THE ECLIPSE NECROMANCER HAS COME

He was then dropped to the ground.

Sault scowled as he was immediately furious. However, if someone like that could do that to him...

This meant war. "Oh, I'll leave alright..."

As he glanced at the instantly dead company around him, he fumed as he opened a portal to his master's domain. "First those three bungle up, and now me? Are we just that incompetent to the point of..."

His thoughts trailed off as he knew the only option would be to level that son of an island to the ground. And to do so...would require HIM. Now standing before Noxsin as he received a letter from one of his contacts, it was evident even as a Dark Lord things were going farther south than anyone realized.

"GRRRAAAGGH!!! Supplies!?! Of all the @$!$ I have to endure throughout the centuries, this is an outrage!" Noxsin said, his fury coming undone as the castle itself shook under the emitting pressure of his anger. "The others are too busy with their matters...fine. I'll just...?"

Noxsin then turned to a slightly anxious Sault, smiling a little as he cooled off. "Ah, Sault. Just three person I needed to see. I take it your expidition went well?"

Sault gulped and sweated as his usually cool demeanor was under fire from the expectations of his Lord. "Um...well, you see...A...necromancerjustwipedoutourwholeforcesentoutthere."

Noxsin's eyes blinked, then twitched. "I'm sorry...what was that?"

The entire room was immediately evacuated as the Dark Lord was slowly building up anger, boiling inside his systems. "First the Village of Men fled...then the Elves made by boys fall back...the letter from Vexark was nothing more than a offering of supplies...and now..."

"A !#$&#!@* Necromancer !@$&@!( killed everyone I sent out to the island!!!" Noxsin roared, absolutely livid over this. "RRRGHH!!! This...means...WAR!"

As he spoke, his eyes glared past the horizon twoards the island, having garnered his full attention. "YUTAL, AND THE REST OF YOU #!&%$#!!! GO TO THE ELVES AND CRUSH THEM. NO &@$! MISTAKES OR I'LL END YOU MYSELF!!!"

With that, Noxsin immediately teleported to the island as the four retainers were shellshocked. If there was ever a thing you should fear...It was a beyond angry Dark Lord.

But per his instructions, the army gathered began to March twoards the Solarium Empire, driven by both awe and fear of the Dark Lords might.

meanwhile...

Noxsin, in a bolt of purple lightning, touched down on the island as his fury was to a boil. With each step his footprints were making the ground surface bubble in extreme heat. With each step his movement caused bolt upon bolt of darkness against his own now undead troops.

"CoMe OuT, YoU PaThEtIc WrEtCh Of A FoOl." Noxsin spoke, his breath now exhaling poison as what little plant life was now withering before him. "I PrOmIsE I WiLl GiVe YoU a QuIcK DeAtH."

(Sault retreats, regrouing at the castle as the continued bad luck now made Noxsin seethe with rage, now to the point where he will deal with the Necromancer personally, while the other four have been given absolute orders to begin the attack, with or without any outside aid.

Side note: either I'm dying this turn or somehow I turn this around. I suck apparently at being a Dark Lord 😕.)

Boss Fight 1 (Melays the Eclipse Lord)

The Dark Lord’s forces arrived at dawn, when most of the Elves were asleep. The encampment was at the foothills of the Mountains of the Sun, with only a token guard. It’s the perfect time to attack.

Meanwhile, to the North...

The ground splintered and shook, as the fleshy and molten Lord of the Eclipse slowly trod upwards. The light broke around him, and he wielded a black mace.

The corona of black condensed and ran whistling into his body, before exploding outwards into an inferno.

GREETINGS, SIBLING

A bolt of flames erupts towards Noxsin.
36B795BA-71ED-4C41-A5AB-C769539C78BA.gif

The Dark Lord’s forces arrived at dawn, when most of the Elves were asleep. The encampment was at the foothills of the Mountains of the Sun, with only a token guard. It’s the perfect time to attack.

Meanwhile, to the North...

The ground splintered and shook, as the fleshy and molten Lord of the Eclipse slowly trod upwards. The light broke around him, and he wielded a black mace.

The corona of black condensed and ran whistling into his body, before exploding outwards into an inferno.

GREETINGS, SIBLING

A bolt of flames erupts towards Noxsin.
View attachment 734928
"@!$& you. Your end lies...NOW!" The Dark Lord said, immediately hurling a crumbling tower at him as he summoned a war hammer made of pure dark mithril as he added extra force to the flung tower, as if it were merely a baseball bat. "I don't plan on leaving you alive, you mangled ugly pile of ooze. The armor won't save you, and neither will your pride."

Meanwhile...

As the dawn broke through, the army of Sault, Veltos, Yutal, and Moltan emerged, as the numerous sounds of hasted footsteps entered the ground.

Charging head first, the entire battalion was entering a do or die moment, as the numerous creatures assembled hissed and roared as it tore cleanly through the feebly, lightly guarded front of the encampment as tents were being ravaged with the fires of war.

"To Glory or Death!!!" Moltan replied, as he and his fellow former heroes/adopted elf were blazing through the grunts, charging twoards the representatives tent posthaste to prevent them from ever reaching their weapons.

Dementia shrugged and tossed the glass aside, a mooing sound being heard as it smashed against the floor and the shards dissolved into nothing. "Simply put, he tried to beat me at my own game." Dementia said rather bluntly, a chuckle escaping his lips. "One of the greatest holy men of his time, Dross found me and challenged me to a duel. And just not any duel, oh no no!" Dementia grinned widely, his shinning teeth and two large fangs glimmering brightly. "He bet me he could win Chaotic Doctrine, a little game I created just over seven hundred years ago, when I took the form of Malaheth the Mad and stormed the halls of Zactoriar the Wizened Terror, backed by an army of-"

Dementia stopped his rant and clicked his tongue. "Tch, forgive me please, I'm getting off track. I'm sure you dont care about some old dusty lore that no longer matters. Needless to say, he challenged me, stating that if I won he would become my prisoner, and would be subject to my punishment. If he won, I would grant him a boon, a wish for whatever he could possibly desire, anything at all."

Dementia's eyes became misty as he recalled that day. "Hmm, he did a good job, I will admit. Lasted a while, but inevitably fell. Only four, no, five beings in all my long existence have ever won against me at that game in particular. Dross now resides in my castle, and I must say, he is an excellent chess master, and I only win half my games with him."

Dementia returned to the present, and turned to stare Zamiro right in the eyes. "Dross and I, we're good friends, he and I. We've chatted about the holy orders, and I must say, what little he's willing to share gives me an interest in you and yours. So, Zamiro, you have a few options."

Dementia floated up and began circling around Zamiro, illusionary visions appearing around the room as he spoke, showing scenes to match the words spoken. "You can try and fight me, and fail - because let's face it, even a High Protecter would have trouble against one such as myself - and then proceed to become my slave, your mind bound to my will, and mine alone."

Dementia stopped for a moment at the Paladin's left shoulder. "Or, you can forgo that step, and simply pledge yourself to me and mine. It isn't so bad, and you would surely be treated well if you did so. I always protect own."

Then Dementia lazily floated around to his right shoulder. "If that doesn't appeal to you, then simply surrender and I won't break into your mind, then I'll take you to Dross, where you will be taken care of and treated as any guest should be. You and he can even try and escape together, as Dross has made it a yearly thing to attempt to escape by clutches. Perhaps you could help him complete such a task, hmm?"

Dementia flew behind him and whispered into his ear. "Or maybe challenge me to my Game, and if you defeat me, you can claim your prize. A single, unsullied wish, the likes of which only the god's dare give. You could use it to demand I purge all evil from this land, even myself, and I would comply without any hesitation. For despite being a Dark Lord, I am bound by my own rules, and the Game is one of them."

Dmentia stopped before Zamiro, a grin spreading across his face as he leaned back, his entire form visible to the Paladin in all of it's insane complexity. "Or, you take the new option I thought of after you resisted my first probing attempt. We could make a deal, you and I. You see, I want this kingdom, to free it from that filth of a king Bernard." Dementia spat the name as if it left a bad taste in his mouth. "Give it to me freely, and I promise to rout out all Demonic influence within it. Every last demon and Unholy cult will be washed out of this land, cut and burned away. I'll even allow you to check it periodically to prove that my word is true and pure, that there is no trickery in such a deal." Dementia paused to lean back and concider his offer before shrugging. "Of course, you would not be allowed to inform your colleagues of my actual existence. You could merely say that a twisted being offered you the deal, and proved truthful."

Dementia snapped his fingers, and a contract appeared, glowing with a golden light. "It would all be magically binding to both sides as well, set into writing for us both, no strings attached. Appologies for the resemblance to a Demonic contract, but I just couldn't make it look any less ominous."

Dementia tilted his head curiously as he looked at Zarimo. "So, my fine Paladin. Will you resist, turn, surrender, challenge... or make a deal with the dark?"

-----------------

Snippet nodded absentmindedly at the Lord. "Ah, so it's a holy artifact? Excellent. That usually means it destroys the Unholy, and we dont actually have any demons among us. So in point of fact... how will it destroy us, if we arent actually evil, at least compared to those who follow a tyrant such as 'King' Bernard." Snipper raised an eyebrow at the Lord unquestioningly. "I mean, seriously. How do you know it isn't there to help us clean this land of that so called ruler's taint? We killed precisely one of you, because he took a Hurler shot straight to the face and the glass cut into his eyes. Tell me, how well did that tyrant treat his own men, how many were executed to sate his own paranoia?"

Gesturing to one of her troops, Snippet began walking away from the prisoners. "Get the ones who dont join us packed up and sent out. Make sure Lord Aresan here gets to Sable for interrogation, although if he changes his mind about the whole resistance thing halfway there then just place him with the others." With that Snippet continued securing the town, making plans to fortify it and reconvine with Jessica as soon as possible.

[Direct Action: Dementia offers Zamiro several options to pick from (resist him, voluntarily join him, become a prisoner, play his Game, or make a deal). Meanwhile, Snippet plans on fortifying the town after she sends the prisoners away, allowing any turncoats to remain and assist in fortifying the town]

The Necromancer swung his mace, pulverizing the hurled tower in a burst of Ruination.

WHAT ARROGANCE

I’LL BREAK YOU LIKE THE CRASHING SEA

THE GODS THEMSELVES BROUGHT DOWN MOUNTAINS TO SLOW MY RAGE

The black mace whirled and struck the hammer, and light erupted. The mace shattered, sending shards of piercing black into his flesh. Molten gold oozed, his head ruptured by a large chunk.

The fight seemed won.

Then his head and wounds flowed together, slowly and painfully.

I FORGOT WHAT BLEEDING WAS LIKE

MY TURN

A searing fist drove into the Dark Lord’s face, sending him reeling. In his other hand, a blade of searing light and smoke blazed to life.

BOW, OR BE BURNED

In the Sun Mountains...

The attack of the monsters awoke the Elves, but most were barely ready at all. The slaughter was immense, as both sides were enmeshed in the fog of war. Orcs and Elves fought, as the tents burned. Golden Sun Elf blades sparked against steel, and Elven mages called forth wraiths of light.

The tent the servants of Noxsin charged at was thrown open. The Lunar Elf shouted a word, and cold light erupted towards Moltan.

“I’ll play your game. If I lose, I’ll surrender myself to your power. What are the rules?”

Zamiro pulls out a chair, and sits down with his sword by his side.

Meanwhile...

“The stone has a greater purpose. Bernard isn’t the target, and neither are you. It’ll still be your downfall.” Aresan was led away, face expressionless as rock.

Vexark was positively ecstatic! Not only had the assault on the bandits been an overwhelming success but the villages had also been good enough to send an envoy declaring their fealty to him. Though small victories they were more than welcome in such uncertain times and at least gave them a minor buffer should enemies begin encroaching on him.

Quality of life in Ebonthorne had also improved thanks to the labour of the bandits. They'd been able to rebuild enough house most of the soldiers, though the conditions were far from comfy, it was better than the tents. Thanks to the help of the villages they now also had better access to food, and more importantly to everyone, booze, although there wasn't much to go around, what they really needed was a larger settlement to supply them. Fortunately, that was next on the list.

For the first time in quite a while, all of Vex's advisors had gathered and had begun discussing there next step around a map of the area, currently focused on a nearby town.

Cassius was pacing up and down as he considered their options "It's fair to assume that this town won't be as easily taken as the villages. They're fairly self-sufficient, are likely to have a militia, and are unlikely to surrender without a fight, there will inevitably be casualties and civil unrest, so we need to work out a way to minimise these things."

Almost immediately Alistair's' hand shot up as if he was a schoolchild "Oh oh oh! We could poison their water supply! I've been working on a new compound that can kill someone within twenty-four hours. Chuck enough of that in the water and the town will be ours in no time."

Alexander sighed heavily shaking his head "I won't deny that it would win us the town, it would also kill most of its inhabitants, not to mention the environmental effect that your poisons tend to have, as far as we know it could leave all farmable land barren for years."

The alchemist laughed and shook his head "By my calculations only eighty-six to eighty-nine per cent of farmable land would be affected, and only for a short seven-year period, after that, the bodies will have made the land far more fertile."

The angel began rubbing his temples "I'm sorry Alistair but we simply can't, we need farmable land and a larger population, not a toxic wasteland filled with corpses. Isn't that right your majesty?"

All eyes immediately turned to Vexark who was absent-mindedly staring out of their meeting tent before being brought back to reality by a quick cough from Alexander "Oh um... yes! I agree with Alexander, dead people are very bad, or good, depends on the context." Though this earned him incredulous looks from both Alexander and Cassius, both were far to used to this happening to argue, and the table agreed that all-out chemical warfare may not be the best idea, though that didn't stop Alistair pouting about it.

At that point, the quiet sound of Nathaniel's voice became audible other the silence "W-well we could t-try a less effect-tive poison that can weaken t-them instead of k-killing them." All eyes then fell onto the young human, causing him to retreat into his collar "A-apologise for speaking out of term your g-g-grace."

There was a silence that filled the room making Nathan feel even worse until Cassius' voice cut through to his rescue "That could work, it would weaken the defenders, hell it may even make them give up altogether. Do you think you could make something to do that Alistair?" The alchemist thought for a second before nodding "I believe I could yes, though I'd need time to make the proper amount and calculate proper dosage."

Vex sighed slightly at the thought of waiting "Well that sucks, if only we had more ways to weaken the town while we wait for... it sucks, THAT'S IT." The dark lord practically flew from his chair, and excited look on his face "We have a vampire don't we? While Alistair creates this weakening potion we have the vampire infiltrate the town, then not only will we have someone in position to spike the water supply, but when we attack we'll also have a force on the inside."

Cassius thought about it for a second and nodded along, though felt slightly uneasy "It's a very good plan my Lord and I dare say likely to work, however, some of the men feel... uneasy around that vampire as it is, I imagine having him make more vamps will do little to alleviate their apprehensions, though if it's what you wish then I'll tell them to suck it up." Vex nodded eagerly "Indeed it is, see to it general."

The Black Emperor then looked over his subordinates nodding "Well then, you all have your orders. Try not to screw things up." His advisors then filled out one at a time to begin making preparations leaving Vexark on his own to get down to a matter he'd been wanted to do for some time: sowing the seeds of chaos in the Kingdom of King Bernard. And he knew just the Lady to do it.

---

Countess Elise was busy having her afternoon tea when Vexark's voice invaded her mind "Elise dear, I find myself so terribly bored and am in need of your assistance."

The noblewoman giggled to herself a bit as she waved away her servants "What do you require my Lord? I have some terribly interesting gossip if you want to hear it."

Vex let out a somewhat dry laugh, even he had his limits and Elise was it. "Not presently my dear, though they may come in useful for you. You see, things are going rather slowly around hear and I find myself without proper entertainment, so I was hoping you could saw some chaos into the nobility, give them a good shake up you know?"

A wicked smile then entered the Countess's face and she giggled again, though somewhat more maniacally than before "I'll get to it at once my Lord, it should be easy thanks to this paladin that's been snooping about. I'll make sure not to disappoint you."

Vexark didn't really reply after that, the Countess hearing a light chuckle before silence entered the room again. Oh how she loved her job.

[Actions: Vexark sends his Vampire to infiltrate the nearby town and secretly turn some of the population as well as to scope out its defences. Countess Elise begins spreading rumours and gossip to increase animosity between nobles in King Bernard's kingdom.]

@Kingly K Duel
The Necromancer swung his mace, pulverizing the hurled tower in a burst of Ruination.

WHAT ARROGANCE

I’LL BREAK YOU LIKE THE CRASHING SEA

THE GODS THEMSELVES BROUGHT DOWN MOUNTAINS TO SLOW MY RAGE

The black mace whirled and struck the hammer, and light erupted. The mace shattered, sending shards of piercing black into his flesh. Molten gold oozed, his head ruptured by a large chunk.

The fight seemed won.

Then his head and wounds flowed together, slowly and painfully.

I FORGOT WHAT BLEEDING WAS LIKE

MY TURN

A searing fist drove into the Dark Lord’s face, sending him reeling. In his other hand, a blade of searing light and smoke blazed to life.

BOW, OR BE BURNED

In the Sun Mountains...

The attack of the monsters awoke the Elves, but most were barely ready at all. The slaughter was immense, as both sides were enmeshed in the fog of war. Orcs and Elves fought, as the tents burned. Golden Sun Elf blades sparked against steel, and Elven mages called forth wraiths of light.

The tent the servants of Noxsin charged at was thrown open. The Lunar Elf shouted a word, and cold light erupted towards Moltan.
Noxsin was hit square in the face with that blow, but as far as he was concerned, that was merely a nudge thanks to his Arcane Armor, a slight flow of dark blood merly trickling down his face. "Hmph. I may be arrogant...but at least my head is in complete shape! Just means that you're getting sloppy compared to the rest of us!!"

Sending the hammer flying at the necromancer as he summoned a demonic greatsword, imbued with the element of air, as Noxsin charged, dragging the blade itself along the ground as tornadoes began rupturing the island, tearing chunk by chunk of it apart. "The ONLY thing burning alive...WILL. BE. YOU."

Noxsin, with his other free hand, then sent out a blast of Ruination magic as well, putting his fury and wrath bare for all to see as this poser would witness the true strength of what a Dark Lord could accomplish.

...Meanwhile...

Moltan smirked as his eyes set the Lunar Elf's attempt at damaging him up in flames, sending out a fireball in response to the attack. "If you want to damage something, try and put effort into it!"

Of course, Veltos, Sault, and Yutal surrounded the tent, as they engaged in furious combat, determined to win the day and, with any luck, provide a positive report for once to their Dark Lord.

The blast of Ruination skirled around Melayses body like the wind, dissipating into the ground.

The Dark Lord smiled, black teeth reflecting his fiery body. A hand caught the hammer, and brought it down upon the ground. The flaming blade in his left hand met the greatsword, flames screaming bright. His hammer caught fire, the dark mithril growing with its wielder.

The Necromancer stood forty feet tall, fires blazing in his eye sockets.

ARISE, CHILDREN OF MINE

The ground ruptured, undead preserved by dark magics crawling from dark pits. As Noxsin was assaulted, the hammer plunged towards him.

Meanwhile...

The Lunar Elf hissed in pain, going up in flames, as the Stellar Elf lunged towards Sault with a pale scimitar. The Sun Elf seems to be absent, for unknown reasons.

The other Elves are scattering, fleeing towards the mountains. In the distance, the faint clouds are being tossed by powerful winds.

The Vampire easily infiltrates the town, and takes up shop in an inn. Over the course of several days, the Vampire turns five new vampires. The defenses are formidable, as the Vampire discovers. There is a large garrison, and the walls are well-kept. It will take a real plan to take this town.

Meanwhile...

The kingdom of Florian, never particularly stable, is sent into an internal fit by the Countess. Noble clashes and honor fuels are common, and the court will likely erupt into chaos soon.

The Vampire easily infiltrates the town and takes up shop in an inn. Over the course of several days, the Vampire turns five new vampires. The defences are formidable, as the Vampire discovers. There is a large garrison, and the walls are well-kept. It will take a real plan to take this town.

Meanwhile...

The kingdom of Florian, never particularly stable, is sent into an internal fit by the Countess. Noble clashes and honour fuels are common, and the court will likely erupt into chaos soon.
Alexander and Cassius were looking over a replica of the town. Thanks to the report the vampire had given them then now had a better idea of what they'd be up against, a large garrison and strong walls, it wouldn't be a grand siege, but it wasn't going to be pretty for either side, even if their plan to poison the water supply worked.

The elf's brow was furrowed as he looked down at the town thoughtfully "We could use magic to blow the walls down, I doubt they have any warding. We can blast through at the south and rush the town centre, hit them hard and fast before they have a chance to react."

Alexender rubbed his chin in thought before making his way around the table next to Cassius "I fear that may be a bit risky. If they're able to react fast enough then our men become stuck in a bottleneck. I'd suggest assaulting the walls directly to draw their attention then have a secondary force come round and blast through to the north so we can catch them in a pincer."

Cassius walked around and observed where the angel wanted to blast through "You say that as if we can easily hide a small army...but it might work. If we had the force do a massive loop to stay out of sight of the town, then we'd just have to make sure no scouts made it back."

The angel then nodded to the idea "That may be the most viable option we have at the moment, though we will have to attack at night so we can make use of the vampires, speaking of which, we should send a message and make him turn more of the townsfolk, though make sure he stays hidden, one wrong move and this could all go wrong."

The general took a seat and let a sigh escape his mouth "When aren't things like that? But yes, I'll get in contact and inform him, I'll also get him to find where the town gets its water from." He then looked down to his cup, seeing that it was empty "Speaking of, I think we could both use another drink."

Alexander chuckled for a second "Agreed."

---

Meanwhile, Elise was busy having her servants pack he belongings. She had decided that she deserved a holiday and so was preparing to depart to one of her townhouses in the elven kingdoms. While she was somewhat disappointed she wouldn't get to see the effects of her handy work firsthand, she also knew the dangers of staying around, especially given how paranoid King Bernard was. she had no doubt that once things got bad the King would start to make heads roll, and she was determined not to become one of them. Which is why she wrote the King a letter.

To his greatest of majesties,

I hope this letter finds it's way to you safely in this most dangerous of times. You see I have uncovered a most terrible and treasonous conspiracy against you. I have discovered a plot orchestrated by the nobility to kill you and split your great kingdom amongst themselves. Having already had several attempts made against my life I have had to flee the capital and seek refuge in the Elven Kingdoms.

I believe that this is what the current infighting is about, who gets what land, as such I believe this despicable plot my soon come to pass, so I send you thing letter in the hopes that you can stop them from destroying the great and prosperous kingdom you have built.

Trust no one, my Lord.

Ever your loyal servant,

Countess Elise Marbellis

[Actions: The vampire is to scout out the towns water supply and to continue to turn more people, though he should focus on remaining hidden. Elise leaves the capital for the Elven kingdoms before things kick off having sent a letter to King Bernard telling his about a (fake) plot from the nobility to kill him and take his lands for themselves, with the hopes of pushing things over the edge.]

The blast of Ruination skirled around Melayses body like the wind, dissipating into the ground.

The Dark Lord smiled, black teeth reflecting his fiery body. A hand caught the hammer, and brought it down upon the ground. The flaming blade in his left hand met the greatsword, flames screaming bright. His hammer caught fire, the dark mithril growing with its wielder.

The Necromancer stood forty feet tall, fires blazing in his eye sockets.

ARISE, CHILDREN OF MINE

The ground ruptured, undead preserved by dark magics crawling from dark pits. As Noxsin was assaulted, the hammer plunged towards him.

Meanwhile...

The Lunar Elf hissed in pain, going up in flames, as the Stellar Elf lunged towards Sault with a pale scimitar. The Sun Elf seems to be absent, for unknown reasons.

The other Elves are scattering, fleeing towards the mountains. In the distance, the faint clouds are being tossed by powerful winds.
"Oh this is !*#!&(@$!" Noxsin replied, his rage seething as the impact of the hammer was dodged. "What's the matter? Size not good enough for you?"

Noxsin, ever ready to continue the fight, used his greatsword as he sliced through the bodies of numerous undead, cutting off emergence points with hurled boulders. Forty feet tall didn't matter to him. The bigger they were, the harder he would fall.

Since he was now so big, that meant his movement would be slower now, and Noxsin used this opportunity to slice the heels of his feet, before climbing up the armor itself with breakneck speed as he performed another cut, this time at the leg itself to sever it.

Whether it would work or not would remain to be seen...

Meanwhile...

The army led by the faithful four were close to bringing the end of the battle, as the Dark Lord's forces were rounding any up who surrendered, while the fight in the tent still raged.

Sault rolled his eyes at the attempt as he froze the Stellar Elf instantly, grabbing his scimitar from the hand that was outside his freezing prison and inspecting it, while Yutal cast a menacing glare amongst those that remained. "EITHER SURRENDER OR DIE. YOUR CHOICE."

"Oh, I knew I liked you for a reason." Dementia grinned widely, snapping his fingers as illusionary magic began to flow around the room, changing the scenery to that of an outdoor setting in the late evening, at a table sat in a small grove of trees. On the table was a large, life like representation of a fictional landscape with every type of terrain imaginable, from tundra to forests to lakes to mountains. It was so life like that if one peered closely they could even see the small rivers flowing and forests swaying in the breeze, clouds drifting by lazily over the board. Across the table and map lay many small pieces and figures in a virality of shapes and sizes: castles, towns, towers, troops of various kinds, nobles in flowing robes, all of which seemed to figet in place, despite every piece being made of hewn stone.

Dementia himself sat down on the opposite side of the table from Zamiro, using illusions to transform himself into his human form once more as he gestured at the table. "Please Zamiro - I do hope you dont mind if I call you Zamiro instead of Paladin - sit, and let me explain. The game itself is orderly in design, yet chaotic in practice."

Dementia picked up one of the pieces, a small stone tower, and rolled it between his fingers. "Chaotic Doctrine is a strategy game where you place your troops down and attempt to conquer the land from your opponent, and every turn you get more troops and forts based on how much land you have. Simple, right? Well, there's a small, innocuous thing that must be taken into account."

Dementia very carefully placed the castle piece back down on the table, and gestured at the pieces. "These pieces are, for all intents and purpose, sentient, although perhaps a bit daft in the head. They will act as any other man or woman would act, they will listen to your commands, and they will even take initiative, if they feel it is neccessary." Dementia smiled slightly, an oddly melancholy expression crossing his face as he paused in thought for a moment before clearing his throat and continuing.

"Ahem, well, that is the game. I will explain rules as we go along of course, if you truly require something explained, but only so many times. And do be mindful that your pieces are just like any other men." Dementia grinned widely, his teeth shimmering softly as he chuckled. "Corruptible and manipulative, you must make sure they dont feel a pressing need to revolt on you and make your life that much harder. So, Zamiro... are you Game?"

Dementia leaned back in his seat as he waited for Zamiro's reply. In truth, there was a somewhat hidden element of the game Dementia hadn't mentioned, and that was how his own powers came into the mix. When it came to the chaos the sentient pieces could cause, his natural charisma often nullified what they might do, thus removing the majority of that section of the game from Dementia's side of the board. It made things that much easier for him, and that much harder for the other player. But then, that was the point. It was supposed to be difficult, as the prize was a favor from the Spirit of Corruptipn himself, to be called upon at any time.

-------------

Back at Castle Eintracht, Harvy frowned as he read yet another report about the current situation of Florian. "Blast it, where the &@(# did all of this chaos come from, and why?" Harvy growled as he threw another scroll at the nearby wall, were it landed on top of a pile of similar scrolls. After that little fit Harvy turned back to the table and huffed loudly, shaking his head and he dragged a hand through his hair.

Sable, who wa sitting down at a nearby table, didn't even look up at the disturbance, continuing to delicately clean his nails with a small letter opener. "Everything was going according to plan until that girl showed up, if you recall." Sable mused aloud, humming as he continued cleaning. "This Elise, was it? Yes, Countess Elise Marbellis was her name. We haven't found much due to removing our own spies, but what little we do know is that she sparked the match that lit the fire. For some reason or another she began spreading rumors not to long ago and now the Countess has the entire kingdom up in a tizzy, and not in a good way."

Harvy's frown seeped as Sable spoke, tapping his chin as he stared intently at the many papers before him. "Do we know if she's a private individual, or working for someone else? Perhaps were she is right now?"

Sable hummed softly as he shook his head. "I'm afraid that due to the lack of agents in the area we know next to nothing about this lady, other then the results she obtained. I must say that she is an expert at drawing the worst from nobles, and has probably done this sort of thing many times before." Chewing on his bottom lip, Sable continued slowly. "Personally, I think she has allies, if not a boss of her own. This was too much for one person alone, so she at least has lackeys to do her bidding. As for where she is, we pinpointed the location she was staying at not too long ago, but it seems that she has plans to leave the kingdom in the very near and immediate future, probably due to completing whatever mission she had here."

"Hmm, how interesting that she would choose to leave the scene, now that everything is but moments away from breaking apart...." Harvy contemplated that for a second, before relixarion dawned and he nodded, pulling out a blank piece of paper and beginning to write.

"What are you doing?" Sable asked curiously, to which Harvy replied, "Writting a letter to the Countess, of course." Sable tilted his head but didn't ask any more questions, simply waiting until Harvy had finished his writing, at which point the dwarf passed the letter to Sable for a check over, which the spy master happily obliged.

To the Illustrious Countess Elise Marbellis,

I do hope this letter finds you in the greatest of health, and that all is well with you. Truly, your work is a marvel of the utmost quality, and I felt that I must commend you and your work, such is it's beauty. The assistance you have presented me and mine have brought us a much needed challenge, and we thank you for your help in our personal endeavors of tearing the Kingdom of Florian down to the ground, and further still, till there is not much left but squabbling nobles and bickering peasants.

As such, I invite you to spend some time as a guest of me and mine whenever you shall desire. Accompanying this letter you shall find a small key. Simply located a member of the Rascals League, show them the key, and tell them you wish to accept an invitation. You will promptly be given a location to arrive at, where you and I shall meet and converse over potential arrangements between us and ours.

You have our word that no harm shall befall you if you attend the meeting, nor upon any companions you may bring, although I politely request that you bring no more then four at most. I understand that guards would be preferable, but have too many people would best be avoided.

I do hope you accept my invitation, but understand if you refuse from fear of worry.

Sincerely yours,
Baron Harvy Sinatra

Sable carefully read the note twice before rasing an eyebrow and staring at Harvy. "So you want to meet with the Countess, Mister Sinatra? If I might inquire as to why?"

Havry snorted. "I would much rather have someone like that on our side, rather then against us. And besides, she has done a good job for us. If we merely wait long enough then the nobles should snap, and heads will roll as Bernard seeks to consolidate his power. We can even offer the outer towns protection during the ensuing carnage, and thus increase our gains passively while we move on the nobles themselves."

Sable nodded slowly, grimacing as he realized the value of the plan. "Yes, that's a good plan and I agree with the idea. Still, did you have to mention the Rascals? I don't like dropping the name of my personal guild, despite the fact they are one of the best spy rings across the Northern continent."

Harvy shrugged as he took back the note and sealed it and a small orange key made from gold in an envelope, stamping it with the signature of House Sinatra. "Well then she's probably had dealings with the Rascals League before, if they're really that good, and probably already knows they exist."

As Sable grunted reluctant acceptance, Harvy began writting even more letters, these directed to the few nobles he had contact to in Florian. If the kingdom was going to explode, they needed to be prepared, and it was time to consolidate resources. He would have the nobles he had brought to his side prepare for a united front, and hold out till reinforcements arrived to aid them.

Likewise Snippet would be recieving 100 more soldiers to boost her army, and Jessica would be receiving 50 soldiers and 10 lycans, in order to speed up mobilization and prepare for the eventual collapse of the kingdom. Harvy would take this new set back and turn it into an advantage, even if he had to grab it by the horns and redirect it himself. He would not fail his master.

[Direct Action: Dementia continues playing, while Harvy and Sable notice the increase in noble activities and the chaos being brought up and act accordingly, preparing for trouble by consolidating what power Harvy has left in Florian and sending reinforcements to the frontlines.]

Acheron curses at the letter he has received, this news having forced him to move up his plans. He rapidly writes out a letter to his fellow Dark Lord and giving it to the crow.

"Hold for one moment crow, you will have a companion for the return trip who will be vastly more helpful than that letter will be."

Stepping out of the crows sight he quickly creates a shade in the same style as the one he sent to Dementia before sending both back to Noxsin.

"Now then, I believe it's time I take to the field and help Aenzen and Vex, especially if these elves are planning to band together like this."
Dear Noxsin,

Speak the name Varelin to the shade that has accompanied this letter, you will understand why once you have.

With Urgency,
Acheron
Looking in the direction he sent his army he begins to teleport to them.

Meanwhile, in the library contained within Vaexhin.

"
Twenty legions of paladins and only one destroyed over the years? What have my fellow demons been up to?" questioned the demon Korthrid as she tried to find the books containing the paladin's history.

"Who knows? We have all been asleep for far to long though," replied Razhul as he pulled yet another tome out of place, glancing at its content before putting it back.

"
HA here it is! I knew we had it somewhere!"

"
Now we just have to hope it contains what each of the legions represent, especially since it was only up to date for the time before our lord was overthrown."

The two begin to pore over the old tome, looking for the information their lord has bade them find.

With Vex and Aenzen.

Vex and Aenzen look out upon a moderately small elven city, observing it from a ridge far enough away for them to not be spotted.

"This the place then? Doesn't look all that impressive," the lich glares at the city, finding the whole thing pathetically undefended.

"
Yes, although I have to agree, it seems rather... small for a conquest," the fiend observes the visible garrison on the walls.

"
Right, if this is where our lord wants to begin his conquest than who are we to judge?" turning away the lich orders several of the nearby golems to set up a tent for both himself and Vex to sleep in.

"
Rest well elves, for your conquest comes soon," the fiend chuckles darkly before turning away as well, getting ready for at least one night of poor conditions.

With the shade

The shade speaks with a deep, echoing voice, "Speak grand advisor, speak the name Rothal."

[Direct Actions: Acheron responds to Noxsin's letter and begins to teleport to the location he has sent his army, Razhul and Korthrid find an ancient tome about paladins that hasn't been updated since the last time the dark lord's were in power, Vex and Aenzen arrive at a fairly small elven city and prepare for a siege, and the shade speaks to Darlok.]

The town got their water from a trio of wells, which had been engineered by Elves. The water was purified, and then pumped into fountains. After the townsfolk filled their buckets, the rest was channeled into a pool, and then into the river. Four more people are turned, and the guards are getting slightly suspicious.

•••*•••

In Bernard’s mind, this letter pushed things to the brink. After several arrests and hasty executions, several nobles allied in rebellion, raising his nephew as a figurehead. Open war spreads, and the Twelfth Legion begins to approach Florian.

The Dark Lord reeled, roaring with fury. He tumbled down, bursting into a conflagration as the island quaked. The dead things burned, as the Necromancer spread his fiery power.

YOU HAVE WON THE BATTLE

BUT NOT THE WAR

The burning cloud rose from the earth, and departed. The volcanic mountains ceased to burn, and a dark shape rose to follow. Melays had been weakened, and the wounds inflicted had delayed his return, but he would return.

And Noxsin knew that he would not be so easy to subdue.

•••*•••

The Elves in the tent were dead, but the Sun Elf was not with them. The Elves has mostly fled into the Sun Mountains, which were too well defended to assail at the moment. Tactically, it would be wise to leave soon, before the Elves could regroup.

Zamiro looked at the pieces.

“Let us begin,” he said. “Now, you noble there. Yes, you. I would like you to have your men attack that town”. He pointed it out. “Then fortify your position.”

•••*•••

The consolidation of power was mostly successful, the forces present surviving the initial chaos. However, the impending Paladin Legion may throw a dent in things...

Dest Dest

The Paladin Legions are each devoted to one of the Holy Gods, save the Thirteenth. Their God is unnamed, and all information is deliberately erased. The Legions are each composed of multiple Centuries, and all Legions are meant to be able to unite at need.

•••*•••

The Elven city of Islian, a Lunar Elf holding, is more of an outpost. Its location on the River Liarial, however, grants it a modicum of wealth from trade. It is rumored that an artifact of the First War was secreted beneath the central Temple.

Zamiro looked at the pieces.

“Let us begin,” he said. “Now, you noble there. Yes, you. I would like you to have your men attack that town”. He pointed it out. “Then fortify your position.”

•••*•••

The consolidation of power was mostly successful, the forces present surviving the initial chaos. However, the impending Paladin Legion may throw a dent in things...

The little noble piece glanced up at Zamiro before giving a small bow and gesturing towards several other pieces, taking three troops with it to the town. Surprisingly enough Dementia simply let the town fall, a content smile on his face as he watched his creations work as the pieces began fortifying the town they had just conquered.

"Well done, well done!" Dementia chuckled and cleared his throat. "Ahem, you there my good sir, I have an important mission for you! That city there is in need of fortifying, and you and your squad are just the men I need for the job!" The piece, another noble with three men, puffed up it's chest with pride and gleefully went about guarding the strategic point.

And so it went, back and forth, although the back and forth was less relevant, as this was a real time strategy game, as Zamiro was quick to find out. Dementia took his time, fortifying his strategic positions and crushing the Paladin's forces whenever a chance presented itself, quickly moving troops to cut off Zamiro whenever the Paladin extended too far. The greatest threat Dementia posed at the game wasn't his gorilla style tactics or iron defenses, but rather his charasmatic and underhanded nature. Dementia was more then willing to 'assist' uprisings in Zamiro's territory, sending troops to harry any attempts to crush the resistance and generally making life more difficult for the Paladin at every possible moment he could.

Despite his cheerful and carefree demeanor, the true face of the Spirit of Corruption showed in this game. Dementia was crafty, and used every conceivable advantage he could acquire against Zamiro to his advantage. The Dark Lord took his game very seriously after all, and would not let just any mere mortal, or even immortal beat him at HIS game. They had to EARN that right.

----------------

Meanwhile, the outside forces of Dementia worked quickly and efficiently at taking control over Florian. After finding out about the League marching towards Florian, Sable had begun spying on them in order to figure out what reason they had for coming - was it because of Zamiro, or had they sensed some Unholy blight, or where they just peacekeeping? Sable planned on finding out, mainly by infiltrating their mail service to do so. Sable also sought out information about the mysterious orb in Valag, trying to figure exactly what was going on with that strange artifact, and what orders had been given concerning it's safe guarding at the tower.

Harvy meanwhile kept close tabs on the nobles under his control, having them largely remain out of the fight in Hope's that the Paladins would simply overlook them if they didn't cause any trouble. Just in case that didn't work however he was sending several caravans laden with supplies to help shor up the defenses. Harvy also sent 50 men to each of the four nobles, in order to even out the defenses and give them a boost against the other nobles around them. As an after thought Harvy sent out messages to the uprising supporting the nephew, trying to arrange the loyal nobles freedom from the kingdom, and in exchange offering supplies and martial aid as necessary for the rebels in their efforts

Snippet had returned to Castle Eintracht in order to give out orders more efficiently from there, directing the troops that Harvy sent out to assist the nobles, as well as making sure that Jessica was well supplied in her own mission along the border. As for Jessica herself....

The moon glistened brightly overhead, a light breeze drifting through the forest path as one of King Bernard's troop bands passed through. The night was peaceful and silent, that is until a sharp howl was heard nearby and around 50 lycans pounced upon the group. Jessica and her Fluff Division were out in force, the entirety of Dementia's currently avalible lycan force on the hunt like a pack of wolves.

"*Dont let a single one escape!*" Jessica howled in the tongue of wolves as she quickly bit into one soldier's neck and crushed, the man letting out a single strangled cry as he instantly went limp, his life gone as Jessica tossed him aside and pounced at another. "*Kill every last one of them, leave not one alive! We hunt blood under the moon tonight!*"

Several more howled their own war cries, unleashing the unspeakable horrors of nature upon the hapless soldiers. They would be dispatched, and Jessica would send the captured supplies on to Eintracht, where they would be more appropriately used. Then they would start the process all over again, moving from place to place and taking out any of Bernard's smaller convoys they came across.

[Direct Action: Chaos and Delay! Sable spies on the League to figure out their motives and their orders, Harvy supports his loyal nobles and contacts the resistance, Snippet commands the troops from the command center, and finally Jessica, who's out raiding Bernard's lost troops and generally raising the tyrant's blood pressure to massive levels.]

The Dark Lord reeled, roaring with fury. He tumbled down, bursting into a conflagration as the island quaked. The dead things burned, as the Necromancer spread his fiery power.

YOU HAVE WON THE BATTLE

BUT NOT THE WAR

The burning cloud rose from the earth, and departed. The volcanic mountains ceased to burn, and a dark shape rose to follow. Melays had been weakened, and the wounds inflicted had delayed his return, but he would return.

And Noxsin knew that he would not be so easy to subdue.

•••*•••

The Elves in the tent were dead, but the Sun Elf was not with them. The Elves has mostly fled into the Sun Mountains, which were too well defended to assail at the moment. Tactically, it would be wise to leave soon, before the Elves could regroup.
"Oh, what fun!" Noxsin said, gleefully happy now that the big bad had been defeated. Perhaps now that his presence was diminished, the investigation of his chamber could proceed as planned. Finally, for once since his awakening to the new world, he had successfully achieved victory. "And to the victor, goes the spoils. Let's see what you're hiding in that big red door, hm?"

...Meanwhile...

With the victory against the elves won, the time to tactically retreat was in hand should any reinforcements come. Grabbing what captured Elves they could, the Dark Lord's emissaries fled through a gateway portal back to the castle itself, eager and pleased to have both their lives spared and a good report to write.

(Transcript of PM messages)
To Darlok's credit he didn't seem the least bit fazed by the voice of the shade, humming softly to himself as he saved his place in the book and put it off to one side. "Very well then shade, I speak the name of Rothal." Darlok replied, his voice full of curiosity as he crossed his hands in his lap.

As he watches the shade twists upon itself, flattening out and forming a shape not uncommonly seen in a mirror. Once the shade has settled into this new shape it is possible to see a rapidly jumping landscape which resolves into a heavily wooded forest quickly.

Darlok tilted his head, his curiosity only growing as he stood up and stared into the forest, idly noticing magic in the image as he carefully observed it. "Would I be correct in assuming that this is a Shadow Portal, and not a mere illusion, shade?" Darlok asked aloud, half expecting the shade not to answer.

"No you would not be my old acquaintance," Acheron's voice comes through the image even as the Dark Lord himself appears, leaning on his longbow. "It is an application of that same magic however but I believed that it would be more prudent to not have a portal directly to Dementia's home."

Darlok nodded, stroking his chin as he chuckled drily. "You'd think that, but it's actually rather peaceful here. He's gotten a lot better in the last 200 years I have faithfully served him, and mellowed out several of his more glaring flaws." Darlok sighed in frustration. "Although he still refuses to remove that infernal staircase from the rear balcony. At least he allowed a 'Warning, Infinite Stairway, Keep out!' sign for it."

Darlok snorted, then gave Acheron a small bow. "Ah, forgive me. It has been some time, Lord... Acheron, was it? Forgive me, you all mix up, with how infrequently you call upon our aid."

"I will take no offense to being unrecognized, I change my shape as you change clothes after all," Acheron gives a small grin before standing up straight, "Right then, to business."

Darlok nodded and gestured to the Dark Lord.
"Indeed, to business, of course. To what do we owe the pleasure of meeting this time? Perhaps you need information on some place, maybe a noble taken care of?"

"Nay, something far more worrying," the grin drops from Acheron's face, "Has your lord recieved a letter from Noxsin yet?"

Darlok raises an eyebrow. "I can't say if he has, actually. He has been in seclusion for quite some time, and has yet to return. As such I have no idea if he received a letter while away, although perhaps such a letter is the reason he left for so long." Darlok's eyes narrow thinly. "What does Lord Noxsin have to do with this? Would I be correct in assuming he survived, unlike many other Dark Lords, and has done something rash, or is this something else?"

"Yes, he lives. But he brings grave tidings in his letters, it seems that the elves have banded together against us already, something which I must admit may be partially my own fault," Acheron sighs and sits on a nearby rock, "However that was not the main reason I have made contact so soon. I have found some information that I would like to act upon, however it would seem my own records are incomplete in the matter."

"Have they really? Well, that is worrying news, and I shall report it to Dementia as soon as he reappears." Darlok sighs deeply, a wince forming as he chooses to sit back down in his own comfy chair. "I would advise you not to push yourself too hard about the elves, if I may be so bold. Dementia's pranks have angered them more then once over the centuries, although admittedly he is usually disguised when he does so."

Darlok paused as he looked off to one side before grunting and turning back to Acheron. "But please, that is another matter. What can we do for you, Acheron? And what is it you offer in return, if you currently know what it may be?" Darlok leaned back in his seat, beginning the bargining process that anyone who dealt with Dementia or his followers knew well.

"A single boon of Dementia's choosing, within reason of course, and in exchange I would like any information you have or might gain about the paladin legions. Specifically information about what happened to the thirteenth. I would also request that you encourage Dementia to consider Noxsin's letter very carefully, it could have consequences much further reaching than almost anything we have encountered before."

"Your request is noted, Acheron. As for the danger it poses to us... well, we shall see what the elves have done so far, and what the letter says. As for your deal, that should easily be arrange able, although it will take time to dig up such information on the legions. A single boon you say?" Darlok tapped his chin and nodded in assent. "The terms are agreeable. Do you have a way we can contact you when we have acquired the information desired, or will you simply check in later?"

"I will send a more permanent form of contact soon, this shade will not last much longer," as if to prove his point the image begins to flicker a small bit.

"Very well, Acheron, I shall not take up anymore of your time. We shall speak again when more information has become available." Darlok gave Acheron a small bow from his seated position. "If anything else happens to come up, please do not hesitate to ask for our assistance."

"I won't, fare thee well with Dementia. You will need all the luck you can get knowing him," Acheron waves a hand and dismisses the shade, letting it flow back into the natural darkness.

Darlok muttered, "Dont I know it." Before heading off to find information on these paladin legions for Acheron.

(End of Transcript)

Once he was sure that the shade was fully gone Acheron returned to his travel, finally catching sight of his army and smiling, ready to enter combat once more.

Meanwhile, in Vaexhin

"Razhul, will you be alright researching further? I must start extracting information from our... 'guests'," Korthrid turned to her fellow researcher and made notice of how many tomes they still had to go through.

"I will be, go and get to torturing them, they might know something that could keep some of my zombies alive," waving her away he opens another tome and begins to peruse it.

Shaking her head at the man's determination she begins to walk towards the dungeons, thinking about what magics would be best for extracting the information she wants.

(Direct Action: Durlok and Acheron agree to a trade, Acheron arrives at his army and prepares to begin a siege, and Korthrid begins to attempt to extract information from the elven nobles that Acheron has captured, using both mind magics and traditional methods as needed.)

Akash went quiet, barely breathing.
”My Lady,” he said to the Moonlit Empress of the city, “I believe these are not ordinary ravens.” His hand darted towards a raven, firmly holding its wings in place.
“Who sent you?” Akash hissed.
The raven cawed repeatedly squirming and struggling like any normal bird would. The other ravens joined in creating a uproar around the Hall. The pitch of the ravens began to grow higher and higher till their screeching was unbearable.

There was one that looked over at the Moonlit empress and hopped over to her it's third eye opening before blinking. Its body convulsed as it gagged out a small scroll. Nudging the scroll towards them the raven hopped back and cawed up to the others. The ravens flew up and rested high up into the bannisters.

Unraveling the scroll it read a simple phrase. "Beware of traitors."

I exist I just literally have no idea what to writeStygiaArriving in Stygia, Tama and Lonaneyal made their way to the hushed home of the cultist area. Looking out at the area Lonaneyal loved seeing how her cute material seemed to live before they were bred. It was such a adorable look into what stays after the change. Noticing a cultist from the corner of her eyes she pointed them out to Tama who began to follow the cultist.

She wanted to speak with their leader, and would prefer to do so peacefully. She knew where they were located but was having more fun following a cultist to them.

Selee-01 Selee-01

The town got their water from a trio of wells, which had been engineered by Elves. The water was purified, and then pumped into fountains. After the townsfolk filled their buckets, the rest was channelled into a pool, and then into the river. Four more people are turned, and the guards are getting slightly suspicious.

•••*•••

In Bernard’s mind, this letter pushed things to the brink. After several arrests and hasty executions, several nobles allied in rebellion, raising his nephew as a figurehead. Open war spreads, and the Twelfth Legion begins to approach Florian.
The time had come to take the town, and preparations had been made, Alistair's poison which caused muscle fatigue was delivered to the vampire who sent out the townspeople he turned to attempt to add it to the water supply after the purification process the night before the attack, unfortunately, due to the short time gap there'd be no time to find out if the vampires had been successful or not. Next Darius, his sister and his fellow scouts were deployed in the land around the town to capture/kill scouts as to reduce the amount of time the town had to prepare for the assault. Lastly, Vex had created several golems to aid in the assault, they weren't anything amazing being made mostly from the rubble of Ebonthorne, but they were large in size and intimidating.

Vexark's forces began to march on the town, men dressed in black armour marched in sync like a tide of shadow across the land, at its head was Cassius, now dressed in his full plate armour that had intricate gold detailing. The previous day a smaller force lead by Astrus had departed, taking a wide birth around the city so that when the battle began they could arrive from the north and trap the town in a pincer.

Night had now fallen and Vexark's army stood to the south of the village ready for battle, banners raised high. The elven general took a couple of steps forward, took a deep breath and yelled in a cold and commanding tone "There need not be any blood spilt this day! Surrender and come under the rule of Emperor Vexark and you shall all be treated well! You have thirty minutes to deliver an answer!"

---

Meanwhile, Vexark was having a lovely time watching the horrors of the civil war he instigated, while Alexander watched him confused "I'm sorry to interrupt sir, but I'm rather confused as to why you have Miss Elise instigate this war because if it was solely for your entertainment then I'm afraid I must adamantly object to such a practise."

Vexark chuckled slightly and looked up at his angelic advisor "No need to get your wings in a twist, my friend. While this chaos does indeed provide me with entertainment, there was an ulterior motive to all this." The dark lord then rose from his seat and began pacing the room as he explained "You see when nobles fight, you rarely see them on the field of battle, instead they use the commoners as pawns in their games; when their supplies run out they take more, when their coffers run empty they increase taxes, and when their forces take losses they press-gang in whoever they can. War breeds misery, and it's this misery we can use to increase our numbers."

Alexander nodded in understanding as Vexark spoke, slowly realising his plan "So while the nobles fight amongst themselves for control, we convince the commoners to join your cause." Vex nodded, a devious smirk spreading across his face as he held up a wine glass in a mock toast "Why fight wars when others can fight them for you?"

The angles decided to humour him and picked up a glass, tapping against his masters "I'll dispatch agent immediately sir." "Have then focus on artisans and the likes, we need more of those." "Very good sir."

---

To the Illustrious Countess Elise Marbellis,

I do hope this letter finds you in the greatest of health, and that all is well with you. Truly, your work is a marvel of the utmost quality, and I felt that I must commend you and your work, such is it's beauty. The assistance you have presented me and mine have brought us a much needed challenge, and we thank you for your help in our personal endeavors of tearing the Kingdom of Florian down to the ground, and further still, till there is not much left but squabbling nobles and bickering peasants.

As such, I invite you to spend some time as a guest of me and mine whenever you shall desire. Accompanying this letter you shall find a small key. Simply located a member of the Rascals League, show them the key, and tell them you wish to accept an invitation. You will promptly be given a location to arrive at, where you and I shall meet and converse over potential arrangements between us and ours.

You have our word that no harm shall befall you if you attend the meeting, nor upon any companions you may bring, although I politely request that you bring no more then four at most. I understand that guards would be preferable, but have too many people would best be avoided.

I do hope you accept my invitation, but understand if you refuse from fear of worry.

Sincerely yours,
Baron Harvy Sinatra
Elise was just about to leave when one of her servants ran up to her with Harvy's letter. The countess gracefully took it from the servant giggling "Oh it's probably from another one of my admirers. I get so many of them these days I don't know what to do with them." The noblewomen then boarded her carriage deciding to read the letter on the way.

She was pissed. Elise found herself trying desperately to stop herself from tearing up the letter and letting out a very unladylike scream. She refused to believe she'd played into someone else's hands, no in fact what annoyed her more was that there was a someone she didn't know about, she made sure she knew everything! And now here she was, with this letter in hand.

She took a deep breath as she slipped the key into her pocket "It seems I may need to inform Lord Vexark of this, gods, this is going to be horrible to deal with.. or will it." The countesses eyes light up slightly as a devious slime found it's way onto her face "Lord Vexark has a whole host of powerful and intimidating individuals under his command. If I can just convince him to lend me some for this trip, I can show Baron Sinatra who really holds all the cards."

[Actions: The turned vampires attempt to add poison to the town water supply that will cause muscle fatigue the night before the attack. Scouts are deployed in the general vicinity of the town to kill/capture scouts with the aim to give the town as little time to prepare as possible. An army led by Cassiusarrivese at nightfall to the town, giving them 30 minutes to surrender. Vexark deploys agents to the kingdom of Florian to recruit disgruntled commoners with a focus on artisans and other skilled individuals such as masons and blacksmiths, etc.]

The Legion’s camp, a sea of white tents, gleams in the moonlight. The command tent has a banner, a golden sun on a white background. The insignia of the Solar God, Maerdakr. His followers wield purifying light, and were devoted to purity.
•••*•••
King Bernard hunched on his throne, face cast in shadow. He muttered to himself, hands clenching the arms of his seat.
“Traitors, all of them... traitors all of them... traitors, all of them...”
Then a light flickered from the Heavens, and a vaguely humanoid light was at his side.

“I can save thee, oh mighty King... take this scepter willingly, and none shall defy you again!” He held out a luminous rod, pointed at one end and seemingly made of solid light. Bernard clutched it, and the years seemed to fall away. He stood, and his madness was replaced with invisible chains binding him to the will of another.

The red light, once illuminating the chamber, is extinguished. The magma and flames sank and went out, casting the titanic chamber in darkness. The monstrous Throne is cracked and twisted as if struck by lightning, a withered ruin. The walls are black, and jagged, with a bizarre pattern across them. An inspection of the labyrinthine halls yields a few exotic artifacts, specifically a jade ring, a staff of raw blue crystal, and an obsidian sword. They’re of Holy manufacture, and seem to be full of power. It will take experimentation to discover their purpose.

Dest Dest
The Elven city is not a fortress, but its pale walls are formidable. The central tower seems to be shimmering with power, indicating that it’s magical in some way.
The most important information from the Elves indicates that several noble Elves are visiting the volcanos that house the Dragons. There’s also information about the Sun Elf lord Raenior, a son of the Empress.

As the vampires poured the poison into the fountains, a guard approached.
“Hey! Hey you! Get away from there!” The vampires froze for a moment.
One vampire smiled, and walked towards him in a seductive manner. The guard’s will crumbled, and he dropped his sword.
Then another vampire whacked him in the head with a brick. The Vampire Progenitor sighed, and facepalmed.
“I’m surrounded by idiots.”
•••*•••
The guards on the roof considered.
“Sure! Come right on in!” One shouts.
•••*•••
Several dozen tradesmen are successfully recruited, and swear loyalty to their Dark Lord.

The Suspicious Eye The Suspicious Eye

The Empress frowned, her mind calculating. A sharp glare struck the ravens, frightening them out of the Hall.
“Akash, release the bird.” He did so, reluctantly. “My brethren, the Dark Lords must be exterminated. I have been informed that the Elven Alliance has been attacked, and that several important members have been slain or captured. I shall beseech the Forefathers and Elders, and hopefully our forces will be joined with dragonfire. Nothing can match the Dragons in the sky, not even their corrupted and enslaved siblings. Remain in the City, and I will supply us with new weapons.”
•••*•••
The City of Stygia was black, and red, of stone and iron. A tower was at the center, high windows flickering red. The cultist hurried along the Iron Road, across the vast moat, and into the deeps of the demonic City. The rusted gates slammed closed.

In the Dwarven Realms...
The fiery lord, now engulfed in shadow, descended upon the Black Mountains. In an instant his form was that of an Elf, beautiful and pale. He was attended by the Lich, cowering behind his white cloak as they set off down the mountainside.
“Mine Master, why hast we come to this place? Dwarves are a jape, hairy and barbaric.”
“Servant, their mountains conceal the thing I need to assume my full power without delay. I am mighty, but that
IMBECILE
stopped me. I need to feed on something of real substance, not mere Light Elves. Their souls are stringy.”
The duo descended into the Dwarven Halls, in fair forms...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back