• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy The Crimson Order | D&D Style Campaign

Ryse

featured-gwent-crimson-curse-spoilers.jpg

"May the blood of the weak strengthen the blood of the noble~"

Hello everyone, Ryse here and today i am going to revitalize an older interest check i posted a while ago but never really got to actually get rolling due to health issues. The idea for this specific RP is not entirely complicated due to it not being fully fleshed out but i do have the basic template for the campaign as well as some backup plans given how players tend to take things off the rails every so often. What i am aiming for in this RP is the themes the it will carry, the individuals who bring the story to life, and the shenanigans the group gets up to as they are faced with impossible situations.

Above i mention 'D&D Style Campaign' and what i mean by that is the structure in which the narrative is set up. Something leads a bunch of individuals to a single place, some mysterious force, event, or common interest pushes them together into a 'party' and the 'quest' begins from there.

The premise of this 'quest' with a storm that draws our adventures towards a secluded tavern on the open road not to far from a town. Reasons for these characters being at this tavern is unknown but everyone is more or less heading in the same direction, the great city of Demaci, A city known for its art, architecture, music and theater. Every one hundred years or so a great festival is held and is regarded as a 'once in a lifetime opportunity' to witness. Some characters might be there as security, others might wish to enjoy the show. Some may just be passing by. Whatever the cast the unfolding events will cause things to take a rather interesting twist during the journey~

For now that is all i really have to say. As for some questions you all may have such as what 'races' can we play or 'is magic allowed' i'm going to say you are not limited. If you wanna make a friendly Orc or a nervous Goblin by all means do so, but just understand the social stigmas that exist with the type of character you make. For magic, i am simply going to ask that you keep it fair, tactful, and balanced. I don't mind power, just balance it accordingly and give your characters very real weaknesses.

Honestly i would like it if people create characters that are semi-weak and relatively 'normal' in a way. Everyone playing an 'ultra badass warrior mage' will get very old very quickly and make a lot of situations way less fun and interesting. So yeah, that is all. For this 'party' i am only looking for about five or eight characters. No need to have a bunch of people at once cluttering the narrative.

So, anyone interested?

Hey I'm pretty new to roleplaying but I'd love to participate if some other people get interested, if you don't mind me being a total amateur.

I'm up for this. Is there any sort of progression chart of an idea of growth?

Characters will start off at like, level 3-5 and begin with their own set of abilities and personal items to kick things off. But characters will 'level up' after each major narrative checkpoint and when leveling up i will grant each member of the party either a new skill, spell, or item of their choosing within reason.

We will also be loosely doing stats and i'm going to attempt dice rolls via the RP but we *will not* be focusing too heavily on the dice of stats, they will mainly be featured only as a way to make things interesting during the RPs social and combat moments.

So generally we start with abilities and classes will be based on 5e classes, but not so much on the dice rolls and numbers. However, rather than have a normal leveling system we gain abilities and items based on the GM's choice. That sound right?

Thinking about doing a cleric/divine soul type of character myself. How about you all?

Yeah things are going to be 'inspired' by D&D, we won't be following the game rule by rule cause i myself don't know all the classes and rules by heart so we are streamlining things to make it easier to RP and tell a story. Xio Xio

As for me i'm making a Huntress style character ^^

Alright I’ll make the CS here’s soon everyone. Hold tight, feel free to discuss character ideas.

Still can't decide. I've come down to two ideas, which I'll pick once I know what the general mood of the RP is.

1. A cleric of the grave domain. A grim, but wise member of the holy orders who accepts mortality as the essence of life and undeath as the ultimate insult to the natural order.

2. A divine soul blessed with angelic powers. A cheerful, upbeat, and sensitive spirit with no desire to harm anyone, despite having the powers to smite all who oppose good.

I feel like the first is going to fit more just based on the title and tagline, but I'll wait to see more of the premise to decide. I will say though, this sounds a lot like a vampire story.

Still can't decide. I've come down to two ideas, which I'll pick once I know what the general mood of the RP is.

1. A cleric of the grave domain. A grim, but wise member of the holy orders who accepts mortality as the essence of life and undeath as the ultimate insult to the natural order.

2. A divine soul blessed with angelic powers. A cheerful, upbeat, and sensitive spirit with no desire to harm anyone, despite having the powers to smite all who oppose good.

I feel like the first is going to fit more just based on the title and tagline, but I'll wait to see more of the premise to decide. I will say though, this sounds a lot like a vampire story.

I’d say either one work really well, although an angelic character sounds like just the thing the party would need.

And the focus of the campaign is not vampires. There are a lot of things involved, humans, fiends, supernatural creatures and all kinds of stuff revolving around a sinister order.

Perhaps the banner image used and the title gave the wrong impression, apologies xD.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back