• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy The Coven ic

OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Other
Here
Lady 41, do not surrender your weapon so easilyespecially if it is all you have, he teased with a sardonic smile on his face. The blade was promptly lifted from rest by his right hand and brought to ease again at his side. The woman behind the counter watched him perform this act of defiance with a narrowed expression. She parsed her lips to speak then, but said nothing. Her posture gradually became more upright until it was unnaturally so. An uncanny smile was elicited from her lips and she garnished a face that looked like she was ready to scold a child. “Well sir, here in the lovely city of Sashimi, we practice a little thing called equality. I know an organization that calls people by ‘numbers’ rather than names will have difficulty grasping the concept,” her tone was a strange mix of “professionalism” and spitefulness.

Think of Lady 41erm... Jinyaas being just like the security here, but on a much larger scale,” Nuru tried to reason, but the woman on the other side of the counter still looked unconvinced. The woman opened her mouth to speak again, but was cut off by Nuru, “Besides, Jinya herself is much more dangerous than this little sliver of metal.” Nuru held the blade upwards for the attendant to see for more emphasis. He considered retelling how Jinya just sliced an elderly woman’s head clean off her shoulders moments previous, but quickly amended the thought.

The desk attendant shook her head and shut her eyes out of frustration. “You know— “Something seemed to click in her head then, as she cut her sentence short. The attendant immediately stood from her seat and began pacing. “You can talk to the real security instead. Try again tomorrow when you’ve learned where you stand here,” she rebuked with an exhausted timbre in her voice. Nuru reached out to halt her, but she walked far too quickly for him to reach without practically chasing her. All he could do was gaze at her back with a dumbfounded look on his face. She was on a power trip and he had no clue how to bring her down from it.

Nuru turned back again to face Jinya, clearly hesitant to meet her gaze. He promptly returned the blade to its rightful owner with a soft toss. The sage turned his head to face the door, with a languid look to his face. Giving up was never Nuru’s forte; even when it came to feats as meager as this. “Well, I do still have this little trick,” he murmured with an ashamed glint in his eyes. The familiar static hum of a portal began radiating before the two. “Quickly, before anyone catches on,” the sage gushed before setting foot into the abyss.

The mayor’s office was exceptionally lavish, so much so that there was no doubt Nuru was in the right place. Above the door rested a portrait of an older woman’s face. She was heavier than your usual person, with auburn hair and hazel eyes. There were three sets of windows, setup to align symmetrically with the mayor’s desk at the center. From each, you could gaze outwards and see the entirety of the town, from the library to the vanquished chapel. The desk itself was intricately crafted from cherry hardwood; it was so new you could smell how fresh it was. A sheen gloss covered the desk’s surface and reflected the image of the mayor’s face, which was currently buried in a book. “Lover’s Rhapsody: The fated night at Star’s Edge,” the book’s title read.

Mayor,” he intoned sharply to break her from her stupor. The mayor recoiled in her seat, the fingers that previously gripped her book became as slippery as butter. The book stumbled from her hands, causing her to lunge forward to prevent it from hitting the floor. She made contact with the novel with the very tip of her fingers, succeeding only in pushing it further away. The erratic motions nearly caused her to slip from the edge of her chair. The book hit the floor of her office and traveled all the way to the edge of Nuru's shoes. The sage lifted the book from his foot and placed it back onto the mayor’s desk neatly. The mayor looked towards him dismayed, with a light blossom of red coating her cheeks. “I’ve completed your assignment.”

Jinya caught the sword with one hand, raising a brow as the lady waltzed off to presumably get them kicked to the curb.

Yep. Definitely should've waited outside.

Nuru. . . she knew he meant well, but she was starting to notice a trend here. As awful as the idea was, maybe it was better if the sage let her do the talking from here. Curiously, her eyes peered down the hall but the exasperated woman was nowhere to be seen. Fast walker, that one. Blade back over her shoulder, she shrugged to herself and resigned to stringing along with him through the portal again, warier this time. Before she could properly take in the new room, the events that immediately followed played like a comedy sketch.

Jinya blurted out laughing, trying but failing to cover her mouth. Almost as quickly, she regained her composure and stood with her back straight, face resting back to its usual blank state as though nothing happened. On the same beat that Nuru said, "I’ve completed your assignment," Jinya chimed in with, "We made a mess." She exchanged a hesitant glance with him before turning her attention back to the mayor, yet to recover from the awkward episode.

"I know you have a front door and all, but we figured we might as well jump straight here. You know how witches are. Efficiency. . . or something."

Caelyn Amarkiir

Caelyn looked around a bit softly, as she finally got into the library. It took longer then it normally took her to get in however, due to the crowds gathered around the front. She shook her head slowly, as she silently moved over to the section of the library that she normally went to. It was a quiet corner of the library, mostly reference books and books that college students needed. She picked up one of the books, a book of history, and opened it to a random page. She began to read it, silently hoping that no one would disturb her.

"There are some rather powerful spirits about, Caelyn... Why are you not out hunting them? We both know that the collection must grow if the plan is to work." Shadow said, appearing behind her as her own shadow, though noticeably darker, and with the spots where the eyes would be light up. "Collecting the small stray spirits will not work for long Caelyn, we must begin gathering stronger ones... Especially ones like the source of that portal."

As Shadow continued to complain about her lack of interest in gathering stronger spirits, Caelyn let out a soft sigh, and turned the page of the book. "You know I can't Shadow." She said softly, shaking her head a bit slowly. "If I start taking more then stray spirits, then it'll draw attention to this area. Unwanted attention. Something I don't have the power to deal with quite yet."

"Fine. But you need to begin soon, if the plan is to continue... as planned."

Catherine could feel the energies being flung around, until they suddenly stopped. Whatever it was was over. Is it still worth investigating, Az?

Only a few days, and you're already giving me nicknames? If you do that, how long until love?

You're already inside me; I should be offering you a pipe.

Heh. And yes, I do think it's worth looking into. There's a lot of magic you don't know- if there's someone who can teach you, it would be a great boon to you.

Eventually, Catherine came across a small clearing, with a brunette woman in a blue cloak radiating power starting to leave. Catherine had never been around this much magic- the witch who had given her rudimentary training had been in the mid-thirties. This sorceress was in the teens at least, if not single-digits. The very fabric of reality twisted a little around such might. To say Catherine was intimidated was an understatement, but she summoned up her courage. "Greetings, fellow witch. I am Catherine Delacroix. Where are you heading this night?"

Cascade DuPont​

Cascade, The Troubled Maiden, with white, opal hair braided and ever flowing down to her waist, stepped over the barren desolation of the village, her bare feet stepping over broken glass, rubble from buildings and shards of broken rock. The crystals she wore on her outfit glowed with a jaded energy, signalling that this was the origins of the DarkSpot. A scene of utter desolation, within those caverns, hidden underground, Lesser Demon after Lesser Demon continued to flood out. Their forms grotesque and brutish. Not a one looking the same, but all as mindless, equally enslaved to the Demon Lord above. The columns were the only complete thing, everything else had worn and crumbled - their decay the only marker if time in a place of uncounted days. Light shone in, illuminating the relics, precious secrets of the forest.

"Merihem. I need thee. Show these Lesser Demons the true meaning of Pestilence and Death. Let Tainted Earth Rise to give way to light."

Merihem rose deep within the mind of Cascade and grinned maniacally.

"Yesss, My Cascade. My Troubled Maiden..."

Cascade growled low in her chest, the ground beneath her feet were already black due to the Mature DarkSpot, however the Troubled Maiden used the rot, decay, and death in the forest beyond the village bringing it forth to the village. She raised her tattooed left arm, her emerald eyes fading to crimson as Merihem gave her more offensive magicks, using the rot and death Cascade cast a massive spell targeting the Lesser Demons flooding out of the underground caverns.

"Earth's Stagnation!
Lead to Demons Damnation!
Bind them to Earthen Wall!
Till all thy Demons Crawl!

Back to portal that unseen,
I shall make this ground Clean.
Dare to defy thy Troubled Maiden
You Demons will Never Reawaken
."

Cascade combined two spells together, the first spell was to bind about two to three Lesser Demons to the cavern walls as soon as they were out of the portal, then, the rotting earth would bend to her will, dragging the Lesser Demons back through the portal. However, this was not enough. She was not enough. Cascade’s Earthen Armor spell granted her protective barriers to physical and mental attacks, but not emotional. Anything that toyed with emotions; anger, sadness or desires could easily pass through her Earthen Armor barrier spell. Cascade did not hesitate as she flung boulder after boulder into Lesser Demons, but with thousands more coming through, she would not be able to do this alone.

~~~

Merihem! I am not enough. I am strong and my will stronger, but I cannot fight them alone.”

Blood trickled out of her nose with the amount of magic that she was using to just fight three to four Lesser Demons by herself. If she kept going at this self-destructive state, she would end up weakened from the spell usage.

You are right. I sense another. Get out of this cavern. Find the Sister Witch.”

The absence of light meant the absence of its warming touch. Underfoot the loose stones shifted, twisting her ankle one way and then the other, and the noise of those disturbed rocks echoed off the dense stone walls. Light, day, sun, even the moon holds no sway or meaning in a place where time stands still until she would exit. Rebirth was her first thought as she emerged from the cavern underground, her nails were covered in dirt. Blood, ichor and sweat was plastered on her skin. The stench of death from the Lesser Demons was gut-wrenching and yet they still streamed out into this Earth.

She snuck around the desolation and ruin of the abandoned village, nothing was teeming with life, only death. Cascade raised her gaze to the heavens only to be struck with the sense of urgency. Time was of the essence here and there was no room for error. Cascade ran through the village streets her bare feet covered in cuts and dirt from her fight in the cavern. She couldn’t fight alone. She had to find the other. But where?! Urgency again gnawed at her with an unseen hand of force, urging her to hurry, that it would be too late.

There. Laying on the ground. The Sister Witch.”

Cascade quickly turned her head to the left and there she saw a woman. Letitia, who was laying on the ground, eyes white and wide-opened. Cascade had made it! If only just, something was tormenting the mind of this witch and Cascade needed to act fast.

By Earth and by Air,

By Fire and Water,

So shall you hear my call.

Powers of silence and peace.

I cleanse thee body, mind, and soul.

Cascade grabbed from her satchel, two tonics one made from Lemongrass for Clarity of the Mind and the other tonic made of Bergamot, Lavandin, and Clove for Spiritual Cleansing of Body and Mind. Tilting the young witch’s head up to help the tonics go down more smoothly, Cascade poured the tonics down the woman’s throat, hoping that it would help break the hold on her mind long enough for both to fight together. A team. However, Cascade saw a demon break out onto the surface, barreling straight for Cascade and this poor woman. Cascade steeled her mind and ironed her will. She would not let further harm come to this witch if she could help it.

Earthen Armor!

Slamming a fist down onto the ground, a wall of rock went up and surrounded both women. This was Cascade’s magical barrier to mental and physical attacks, once more, she was straining and overexerting herself, she knew, but there was no one else. Blood oozed down her nose again staining her pretty, pale, face. Cascade looked down at the woman that she held tightly, one to keep the poor woman from spasming, and second to give the tonic time to flow through the body.

Just hold on. I am here.”

Cascade’s voice of a low timbre, melodic, and rich like Mother Earth. Gently, almost, motherly, Cascade brushed back a few onyx strands from the fear, torment stricken face of the Sister Witch.
Thalia_Neko Thalia_Neko

q5WfH66.png

0eb956a3f1b444767e22880ba78af156.png

Seyis was in the middle of deciding on whether to summon another Awakened when her knight turned its head somewhere behind her, its hand lightly gripping the hilt of its sword. She followed its gaze and found a red-haired woman standing there, looking determined, then greeted her. The Ranked Witch searched for the telltale number of her fellow Coven Sisters and found herself wary when she found none on Catherine Delacroix. Was the red-haired woman– no, Witch an apostate? But then again, Seyis never had an apostate approach her before, and when they did, it usually began with a fireball to the face.

And Ziz had clear instructions, too. Decisions, decisions…

Seyis curled the corner of her lips into a friendly smile, making her knight stand slightly behind her as she made to look around them. The sky was still a bit cloudy, but the clouds were dispersing. Some pockets of sunlight shone through the shifting clouds. “For tonight, I’ve no idea. A good inn, perhaps? That’s quite difficult to find in this area, however. But for this afternoon, I am heading there.” She pointed at the direction she was looking at earlier.

Seyis pursed her lips. “Now, usually, I would stay and chat. I see no symbol on your skin, but you don’t strike me as an apostate – and I mean that quite literally. Apostates usually strike me first.” She laughed a bit. “But, I have business – urgent business – that I need to attend to. Whether you are an apostate or not, I simply cannot leave you alone where you are now. You will have to come with me.”

Yes, in this turn of events, Seyis had no choice but to summon another construct – something large, something that wouldn’t be encumbered by three passengers (there was no way in Hell that she’d leave her back defenseless when she was with some unknown), something that would allow her to cover huge distances.

Something that could fly.

A grin made its way on Seyis’s face. Holding her hand out and performing the appropriate sigils, she intoned the spell. “Let those I’ve slain wreak havoc; let those I’ve slain live once more. Wretched souls of defeated Witches and Demons, as the eternal servant of Ziz, the Mistress of the Damned, I command you, Rasend, to Awaken.”

The summon was immediate this time unlike how it was earlier this day. Rasend appeared from the dimension where Ziz held the souls of those Seyis defeated and appeared in the mortal world. Rasend was large and furry, having the horns of a ram attached to a head of a werewolf, its upper body and arms that of a human, lower legs and hooves of a horse, and a thick tail of a lizard. Its wings were bat-like but very large, each wings having a span as high as it stood in two legs.

Red-gold eyes glowered at Catherine before it turned towards its mistress, grunting as it lowered itself in all fours, lowering its back so they could ride. Before Seyis hopped on her construct, however, she walked towards the prospective witch and grasped the woman’s wrist, tugging her to Rasend. “We cannot afford to waste any more time. Let’s go.” Her knight, faithful as ever, helped the Ranked Witch and Catherine up her Awakened construct’s back.

Clutching on the fur at the back of Rasend’s neck, Seyis gave a verbal command if only for Catherine’s benefit. “Fly!” It flapped its wings, the noise it produced similar to cutting winds. The dust and ashes on the ground billowed up, and she felt slightly regretful for doing this. She coughed a little bit as the dirt in the wind entered her lungs. But, that soon came to pass as they descended up in the air among fresh air. The forest below looked like a blur, and she kept going towards the direction her False Angel directed her to.

Seyis didn’t count how long they were in the air, but she finally found what it was Ziz wanted her to deal with. The wind was filled with the miasma of lesser demons and their stupidity. From below, she saw them slowly stream out from some underground location, a few of them battering on some magical rock wall. The Ranked Witch looked to Catherine. “Prepare yourself, Catherine Delacroix. Lesser demons await us below.” And with that warning spoken, Seyis looked ahead of her and commanded Rasend to dive.

A moment of weightlessness before gravity took hold. Her knight made sure to secure Catherine in her seat behind Seyis, and Seyis herself stayed low to avoid the whiplash of the maneuver. The ground was coming up fast, and Seyis casted a strong cushioning magic on herself, Catherine, and her Knight before Rasend crashed on the ground next to the rock wall, mauling some unfortunate lesser demons and turning them into disgusting pulp.

Her Knight helped remove Catherine from Rasend’s back before she sent Rasend some distance away, killing and crushing the lesser demons that dared to come closer. Her Knight was near her still, keeping an eye out for those that might take them by surprise. Seyis turned towards the rock wall the lesser demons were obsessed with before calling out, “Is anyone inside? I’ve come to help!”

Mentions:
PastelBeauty PastelBeauty Thalia_Neko Thalia_Neko Shagranoz Shagranoz

Letitia Darkchild
1518336888931.png

"AAAH!" Ao Meira happily drawled, cracking his bones (or whatever Demons had), stretching in delight. The intense feeling of magical power welled up within him as the end of his timer ticked down, more and more of his might and 'self' flowing back into him from the Demon Realm. Cracking his neck, he focused down on the witch below. The witch that had caused him some minor annoyance. The one he had thrown into her own mind, into her subconscious. That dark-haired witch he had under his magic. The witch that was laying beside that other witch. -Wait, what?!

The other witch... Well she had some truly annoying magic. That was beyond irritating. "HEY!!" the Demon Lord called down to the witch who was interfering. "Quit that, foul wench!" he spat, seeing her cover the two in a protective dome. The Lesser Demons would struggle with that. He would not. He did not appreciate his hard work in catching Letitia with his magic to be negated, to be undone. How rude! Suddenly, other witches decided to drop in, crashing the party. Did they not have any decorum? Any respect for 'fairness'? Pah, infernal witches! This many witches was beginning to worry him. Well not worry worry, but still, multiple witches would pose quite a problem. Ao Meira held up his hands. A mirror began to crystallize in front of him, formed from some elder magic. "Unbreakable, Eternal Mirror of Damnation. Realm Reversed. Ao Meira's Reflection. Ao Meira's Remnant!" His shout would've been accompanied by a snide smirk, if he could smirk. "Seeing double?" He joked down to the witch's below, who would see his very obvious spell.

Instantly, an arm matching his, only colorless, began pulling itself from the mirror floating before him. Cracks lit up the mirror, while this thing came forth. Within seconds, like a zombie birthing itself from a grave, a second Ao Miera, completely colorless, pulled itself from the mirror, to float alongside the original, dark, black and purple Ao Meira. He began to laugh -loudly. "AHHAHAHA!" Roaring thunderous cackles shook the immediate area. It was clear the time to break his portal was drawing to a close. He was nearly whole, and his strength was only increasing. Not to mention that there was now a doppleganger of himself. If he could hold out, until he was whole.. Then none of these witches would matter; nothing they could do would matter...

Letitia was sitting in the door of someplace long abandoned, sad and left all alone, to rot in its own despair. Her long, sleek black hair trailing sullenly on the ground, picking up dust and dirt to sully it's sheen. Her dress coated in filth, cute face touched up with grime. Only a small little beam of white light was upon her, but it was quickly fading out. She had already given in. Nothing really mattered anyway. So what was the purpose of even trying? Yuna didn't care, or even worse, didn't want her. Then there was another. A second witch, who had red hair. She was off in the distance, bounding around, having her own style of fun. Yet, Letitia wasn't even looking at her. All of it didn't matter. Might as well just stay here, in this space...

A wave of power flickered through that dark place. "Huh?" Letitia grunted, looking up. Blinking, she stood up. It was like something had slapped her awake. What was she doing, sitting on the ground in this blackness? What was she doing letting the voices, and feelings dig in under skin? "Stupid, stupid, stupid!" She growled angrily, clenching her fists. The images she had seen down here in this dark pit would not leave her any time soon. Even the images of a faint memory involving a red-headed witch. She would not needlessly forget, but she would also not let them control her. No giving into despair! With all her willpower, drawing it all in, she felt herself growing stronger. She felt something empowering her. Aiding her with radiance. With light. With calmness and vigor. "YYYYAAH!" she shouted, suddenly awake.

Laying on the ground, in the ruined town, Letitia sat upright, bringing herself back to her senses. "What? Where am I?" Looking around, she spotted someone beside her. Huh?.. O-oh. A witch. A witch... -who had helped her. She had helped free Letitia of Ao Meira's subconscious-prison. It had been some sort of powerful magical burst that had shaken her thoughts, allowing her to remember who she was, and why she did the things she did. Licking her lips, she tasted some weird funk on them. A tonic? Ao Meira she noticed, too. Above. His pressure of magic was immense. Growing steadily at an alarming rate. Wait a minute. That was right! She had to defend this place from him. Preferably kill him.

Putting her hands together, black and orange markings appeared, with various symbols and runes all around them. "Desecrate and demolish! Descent of Death!" She shouted, holding her hand up at Ao Meira. He yowled as dark magical power began to push down on him, appearing above him like a cloud of destructive demonic energy. Letitia leaped upward, leaving the protection of that weird earthen barrier erected. She caught the doppleganger in her hand. "Dragon Claw!" She shouted again, forming her hand into that three-prong claw shape. Her ring and pinky together, her pointer and middle together. Slamming her attack hard into the doppleganger, her 'dragon claw' sliced right through it, the Destructive magical power spreading through the doppleganger like wildfire.

Ao Meira felt the magical presence behind him, and instantly de-materialized from before the witch's face. He appeared behind Letitia, and in a swift strike, kicked her hard into the ground. Where she slammed hard, shattering earth from the impact. His gaze lingered on the dark-haired witch. Angrily he wondered just how she had managed to escape his power. This witch had many regrets; darkness for his power to latch onto, to fester and grow. This Witch of Darkness below him had a lot of baggage. A lot of torment and mental anguish. She should've melted and succumb to his power easily. Yes. It was that other witch. Her magic had completely screwed with his! And... that had only served to piss him off. Not to mention. Letitia had dealt with his doppleganger in such a quick, painless fashion, that it gave him second thought about even bothering to erect another. The fact she dealt with his doppleganger so quickly pissed him off even more.

"Grrr. No matter. I'll just crush them all," Ao Meira growled to himself, turning his mirror-face towards the witches that were now threatening his full-emergence into this world. The portal was still intact, and his true-self was nearly complete. So close.. just defend it for a little longer. "Heh heh heh heh..." he chuckled, his chest rumbling, while he clenched his fists and drew in power. "Ah, what the hell. Ao Meira's Remnant!" he called again, another shadow of himself sliding from the spell.

Where Letitia hit the ground, after being kicked hard in the back, she grunted, pulling herself yet again out of some small crater. Above she noticed the other witches. Who were they? From here, she couldn't see any symbols, and was at a loss. Regardless, these other witches, who she did not recognize quite yet, could provide aid in this battle. Getting to her feet, she peered at this other witch beside her, who was still unknown to her. Placing a comforting hand on her shoulder, she asked paradoxically considering what had so far happened, "Are you okay? T-thanks for the help... Um.. There's this portal that he's drawing power from. It's currently below us. Though, at this point, it's magical signature is low, as it's nearly through with sending its power. Regardless... I know this may be a lot to ask... Can you destroy it for me?" She motioned away, "Take them. Other witches. They've come to help -ehhh, I assume. I'll keep him occupied." She thought about the doppleganger floating beside Ao Meira. "Oh, and.. watch that."

It was growing increasingly hard to defend against Ao Meira. Her magical barrier had taken quite a beating thus far, and her physical body was straining. He only seemed to be getting stronger. If he became full, here in the physical world, even Letitia inwardly wondered if she had a chance to kill him. She felt her magical power straining. That she was struggling to maintain herself, but it was vital that this task be done. Draw his attention and keep him busy was what she had to do, at the very least. He'd kill anyone he thought was close to breaking his portal. She had to fight with him in the meantime. Though, Letitia worried about a drawn out battle, she knew she'd need to stall, to let her magic return. To let the others break his mirror, and perhaps deal with the majority of those lesser demons.

His mirror was a powerful mystical artifact. In fact, it's discovery from the residents in this now-destroyed town, had used it to inadvertently contact themselves with Ao Meira on the other side. The mirror had been used by the Demon Lord to show people their truest selves, the darkness within that they hid. It was because of this mirror, this artifact that was connected to the Demon Lord of Soul-searching, Introspection and Mirrors, that a Darkspot had formed within this town. His power grew the darkness within these people, and allowed the Darkspot to fester, and boil. This was a very powerful artifact, and one mirror you should never ever look into. Especially, if you hid anything deep within yourself. Except, it was still just a mirror. It would shatter easily under powerful magic.

Ao Meira was thinking about stopping the conversation between the two, growing more irritated by the moment as the two witches below conversed. Damn that onyx-haired witch! She knew farrrrr too much! Gaining his might, he prepared to attack. First though, a conversation between them this time. "Letitia-san, your impudence was once charming. It has since grown maddening! You should've just remained in your mind! Because now I'm going to simply just kill you. Your friends, too."

"Oh yeah, Ao Meira? Well, you had your chance, and you let it slip by." Cockily, she tossed her head to the side in a smug shrug. At the same time, she spoke in a cutesy voice, taunting him, "Hmp, a mistake."

"I was impressed with your strength, but you're just like the rest of your kind. Belial-sama spoke highly of you, so I decided to give you a bit of respect. Apparently my judgment was clouded. I wanted to see that revered strength you possessed. As you said. A mistake. One I do not intend to make again."

Good. Keep him talking. That was perfect for stalling. She already felt her magic power coming back to her. "You say that, yet I know the truth. I've seen it. Your magic does that after all. And here I stand. You failed Ao Meira. Your magic didn't stop me. And you'll fail again."

"Confidence is becoming of you." His mirror darkened, probably symbolizing a displeased look. "Arrogance is not."

"I think I deserve to a feel a bit arrogant. I'm standing after all."

"Hmph. It is that very thing I speak of. Your kind deems themselves more significant than they are. It is that feeling of self-importance that sickenly permeates your kind. Witches. The lot of you want nothing more than to end us. We cannot merely even exist in your world. Such a thing is against some impenitent, unwritten law. A law that your kind came up with. That your kind acts out without remorse."

Letitia's eye twitched. "Oh, don't get so righteous on me, Ao Meira! You and I both know who you are. The type of being you are."

"Oh, and who would that be?"

"It is your fault this place is as it is! Your.. damn mirror! It corrupted the people of this land!"

"Ha! What?! Don't make me laugh! You cannot blame the darkness of humanity on me, girl! They did this to themselves!"

"No, it is your magic that messed with their minds!"

"My magic merely reminds one what is already within. As I said, I have done nothing. The people here were already sick. Already twisted. The Darkspot grew because of that corruption. I am without blemish here."

"You? Ao Meira?! Without blemish? The fact that this is how you think... It just proves what I say. What I know. We all know."

"As I said, the Darkspot grew from the darkness of these humans."

"Maybe, but you benefit from it."

"Ha! Well, that I cannot deny!" He shrugged. "One man's ill fortune, is another's opportunity."

Letitia narrowed her eyes. She didn't care how arrogant her next words would sound. How audacious she was. "I remain staunchly unconvinced. You talk about injustice; what happened here is exactly that. And I intend to see the opposite done here. Justice. For the poor people here. The one's whose lives you ruined. That means the satisfaction of witnessing your penance."

"..... Heh." Ao Meira chuckled, before sending out a powerful wave of raw power, that ripped through the area, sending rubble flying away as it trailed towards the witches. Letitia acted, leaping out of its range, landing deftly away. She hoped the other witches could at least manage to avoid an attack like that. She did not want to babysit when she had to fight. Speaking of... that conversation had done wonders. Flexing her arm, clenching her fist, she felt rejuvenated. Magic Power had returned to her.

PastelBeauty PastelBeauty Elle Santiago Elle Santiago Shagranoz Shagranoz

Last edited:
Letholdus Reizuha
"The Brawler"

add2.jpg

A snow haired boy walked happily through the dead forest, dragging a tied up bandit awaiting trial. But with all the crimes on this bandit's record, lynching was probably in the near future. Dressed in black and light purple, with a few silver accessories here and there, he glanced around to eye his surroundings. "Aurrus, what do you think? these bodies don't seem too old. 'Such death......I am not fond of this area at all. Let us see what caused this, then hurry and return to the stair- On your guard! There is a mass of demons here!' Aurrus rang in the youth's mind, and as if on cue, rumbling and combat could be heard in the distant side of this sad village. A rather exciting day this is. After a really fun surprise party some bandits threw for him a mile back, now he had whatever was going on now to deal with. But what was he going to do with his new friend? he couldn't just leave him here. "Oh yes, how could i forget? the rope i restrained him with. I'll hang him on a tree or something.", blurted the youth, turning around to grab the unconscious man and tie him by his legs to a rather dead tree. Then without hesitation, he ran off towards where he believed the confrontation to be. who knows, maybe it's something he could rank off of. Heaven knows he does way better then Number 13.

Just before he hit the scene, the pulled on his weapons. His shoes were already lined with metal; he had not worry about them. But as he pulled on his gloves, he allowed himself a moment to reminisce on all the times they saved him. Black leather surrounding intricately placed steel, he blocked a great many blades with these, and knocked out quite a few blade wielders quite the same.

Rounding the corner, his pink eyes focused on the many parts of this fight. First, came the wave of power that he quickly moved out the way of, watching it flow past. Next, the Demon Lord. Wait. What was a demon lord doing here?! And god, was he weird looking. finally, were all the Witches and lesser demons around. he definitely felt isolated as the only Sage present. Letholdus shook his head quickly, focusing once more. Regardless of the Witch to Sage ratio, this seemed like a serious fight. A really serious fight. cracking his knuckles, his serious side took over.

"Excuse me misses, but it seems that this is quite the predicament. I am here to assist, if you don't mind." The youth greeted, darting in to slam his fist into a lesser demon's skull and send it's corpse into a group of more lesser demons. "Letholdus Reizuha, Number 14 of The Collective. At your service." He added for sake of formality. he let his coat hit the floor; it was enchanted as to let it never get dirty. and this fight, he could tell, was going to get very messy. He looked over at the Demon lord to keep his location noted, and with that, he got to work.

Thalia_Neko Thalia_Neko Shagranoz Shagranoz PastelBeauty PastelBeauty Elle Santiago Elle Santiago

Ah, so she is a witch. "No, I'm no Apostate. Just... haven't been formally accepted."

Catherine's eyes lit up when Seyis summoned her mount. Even though she was a witch now, she was still unused to magic, and spent the whole trip in wide-eyed amazement- right up until they landed. The chaos was complete, with a witch barely on her feet, another one grimly standing against some sort of powerful being, and minor demons pouring through some sort of gate like water. Az, what the hell is going on here?

A darkspot, a source of evil magic. And a massive one, too. Permission to come out, Catherine?

What?

I need your permission to come out and fight for you, but we will still have our mental link.

You have my permission, Azorgathal. It was better to be formal, just in case some sort of supernatural law required it.

The process reminded Catherine of a time she got violently sick. Her stomach started convulsing rapidly, until she couldn't hold it back any more. Azorgathal emerged from her mouth, 40 feet long and ready to fight. "Ah, it has been far too long since I had a good scrap!", the demon cried as he wrapped around one of his fellows and squeezed the life from him.

Catherine knew she had to do something herself, and the words came unbidden to her lips. "Sicken! Twist! Envelop!" A pile of acidic black goop rose up from the ground, ensnaring and immobilizing a rocklike monster, which screamed as its stony flesh mutated uncontrollably. The witch's voice was icy cold as she said a single word: "Shred."

Cascade DuPont
1002183c4cc460cd559295850e36861a.jpg

Energy cannot be created or destroyed it only changes from one form to another. The total amount of energy and matter in the Universe remains constant, it merely changing from one form to another. Through the sin-destroying sight alone of thee, she has obtained her end. Cascade stood beside the dark-haired witch, who put a comforting hand on her shoulder, the woman then spoke, and Cascade nodded, understanding what would need to be done.

Are you okay? T-thanks for the help... Um.. There's this portal that he's drawing power from. It's currently below us. Though, at this point, it's magical signature is low, as it's nearly through with sending its power. Regardless... I know this may be a lot to ask... Can you destroy it for me?"

Cascade smiled and nodded, no matter what would happen, no matter if she died facing Ao Meira today, she would have done something great to try and help this Sister Witch take down a Demon Lord.

However, before Cascade could have the chance to lower herself down into the cavern to get to the mirror, Ao Meira chuckled, sending out a powerful wave of raw power, that ripped through the area, sending rubble flying away as it trailed towards the witches.

Cascade’s hair of the color of milk or fresh snow, whipped about her face as rose her hands and with a battle cry threw some of the rubble away from her direction, however, she had to drop to the ground, and use the rock beneath her to send her soaring through the air out of harm’s way.

Taking the momentum of the flight she twisted her body to dive towards the gaping crack that lead into the caverns, but before impact she curled into the fetal position and black vines shot outward encasing her before dragging her underneath the soil to be enveloped in the Earth. She was heading toward certain death. His mirror was a powerful mystical artifact. In fact, it's discovery from the residents in this now-destroyed town, had used it to inadvertently contact themselves with Ao Meira on the other side. The Demon Lord had used the mirror to show people their truest selves, the darkness within that they hid. It was because of this mirror, this artifact that was connected to the Demon Lord of Soul-searching, Introspection and Mirrors, that a Darkspot had formed within this town. His power grew the darkness within these people, and allowed the Darkspot to fester, and boil.

~~~

Upon arriving in the dank caverns howls of the damned, snarls of the vilest of creatures, unbeknownst to man, echoed off the cavern walls. It was dark, dank, claustrophobic, and so humid that sweat began to pool underneath Cascade’s breasts, on her forehead and her arms. Her snowy, wavy, partially braided, hair clung to her skin and back making the situation more uncomfortable. Eyes of glittering crimson, onyx, canary yellow and a sickly silver watched her with hunger, wariness, malice, and even a twisted sense of glee. Cascade focused on her one goal in coming down to these horrendous caverns and that was to destroy Ao Meira’s mirror. Time is of the essence here and there was no room for hesitation or fear.

Casting a spell, Cascade began to head towards where the swell of demonic voices was located.

Stone Skin.”

As soon as the spell was cast, rock and stone formed over her skin in a protective armor. If she was going to destroy the mirror, the Lesser Demons would attack her to protect their Demon Lord. Soon, all to soon, she had climbed up a natural rock crevice and surveyed the scene below her. Thousands of Lesser Demons were screeching, fighting, and surrounding the ornate mirror of Ao Meira. With their rapt attention on the mirror Cascade easily slid down amongst the demons. Each step Cascade took drew her closer and closer to the mirror and when she was mere feet from the object she began to murmur a spell so immense, Cascade figured that she would bring down the cavern if she was not careful.

Dark powers hidden in mirror’s glass.

Shatter, splinter, and break so fast.

Cavern walls that echo with demon howls

Break the mirror that is so foul!

Lesser Demons seen and unseen

Fear the Tainted Maiden Queen!

I stand as Earth’s sword and shield,

To cleanse this village and all her fields.

Rocks rise both big and small

Smash Demons against thy walls,

Till I alone stand so tall

Ao Meira’s mirror will FALL!!

The last of her incantation were shouted, ringing and reverberating throughout the cavern. The Lesser Demons screamed, growled each making cries of protests and attempts to attack her, but soon their cries turned to terror and pain. Stones, rocks, and boulders of all sizes began to pelt, bury, or sever demons back and forth. The mirror itself had cracked with some stray stones that whipped about the cavern, but finally a boulder smashed into the ornate object causing glass to shatter in millions of sparkling pieces, souls of damned humans, and dark magic also burst severing the tie that began to make Ao Meira fully corporeal. Once the mirror shattered and in a violent burst, Cascade was sent flying backwards, her stone covered arms coming up to shield her face. Her whole body smacked into the cavern wall.

GUgh!!” She choked, as her breath came rushing out of her lungs.

It was done. The mirror. Destroyed.

~~~

A pale, dirt covered hand rose above the ground, nails digging into the dirt as Cascade pulled her weak, bruised, and battered body out of the cavern below. She had hoped that she had destroyed the mirror fast enough to have saved everyone who was fighting above ground. Her once white hair was now covered in dirt, tangled with debris, and she was covered from head to toe in blood and ichor of countless demons that she had to wade through to reach the surface. She crawled and forced herself upright. With a wave from her hand she signaled and smiled at the Sister Witches who fought bravely and with immense strength. When Cascade focused a bit more she even saw a male, she took one step but frowned as her legs buckled and she went falling, falling towards the ground. Her vision blackened and with a thud she landed on her back her legs twisting up and underneath her. Blood trickled out of both ears and down her nose, this was excruciating, pain and weariness weighed heavily upon her.

Merihem?”

Yes…Maiden?”

Am I dying?”

No…you will live. Rest.”

Cascade closed her eyes as her blood mixed with the black ooze blood of demons, bright red against black, she had extremely overexerted herself by casting the most powerful Earth spell that she could conjure, and her body was now taking a physical toll. She could faintly hear the rumbling of demons and the shouts of fighting before she fell unconscious among the surface debris of the village.

Shagranoz Shagranoz Thalia_Neko Thalia_Neko The Prophet The Prophet Elle Santiago Elle Santiago

q5WfH66.png

There were too many things going on here, thought Seyis. One second, there were only lesser demons to contend with, and then the next, there was a Demon Lord near them that summoned a copy only to be destroyed by a Witch – and if her eyes didn’t deceive her, said Witch was ranked Fourth. Then the Demon Lord exchanged blows with the Fourth, and then the Fourth ordered them to destroy the portal that would allow said Demon Lord passage in the mortal realm.

Seyis did want to provide assistance to the Fourth, but there were two unranked Witches among them right now, Witches that were presumably friendly, but still unknown in their capabilities. Then, there was the ominous feeling of demonic magic that Sixth felt when she turned towards Catherine, Seyis’s eyes boggling at seeing a 40-foot tall demon. There were two demons. And then Catherine was fighting alongside it, killing the lesser demons easily like the common dirt they were.

An unholy wail rang in Seyis’s ear, the Demon Lord creating another clone, with the clone turning its mirror-head towards her instead of the Fourth. Seyis took a step back, and the Demon-Copy moved its arm in a downward slash. She jumped to the side, and where she previously stood, the earth sustained gashes like they were wounds.

“Rasend!” Seyis called out as her Knight charged, the Demon-Copy turning towards the construct holding a sharp sword, dodging and blocking the spells the copy sent out. Rasend answered Seyis call with a deafening roar, and she could feel her construct take to the air before diving.

Despite the distraction, the Demon-Copy snapped its head towards Rasend, using its legs to jump up and meet the construct head-on. Its hands flashed, and Rasend howled, one of its wings cut clean. Rasend’s eyes flashed a sharp red before surging towards the Demon-Copy’s landing point, claws propped to slice the demon to pieces. A spawn of a Demon Lord, however, it blocked both of Rasend’s claws.

However, amidst that chaos, her Knight sneaked in from the rubble and dirt and plunged its razor-sharp sword, the tip going past the other side. The Demon-Copy slowly turned its head towards her Knight while tightening its grip on Rasend’s claws, breaking bones and pressing flesh into a pulp. Rasend yowled in pain, pushing against the pain as it opened its jaw with two rows of sharp teeth, biting down on the distracted Demon-Copy.

In a sickening crunch of bones and flesh, the Demon-Copy dissolved, the construct of the Demon Lord gone. Rasend whined in pain, and Seyis returned it back to Ziz’s realm. Seyis stumbled, the magic of maintaining and sending two Awakened today finally showing its toll. Her faithful Knight caught her, but she waved it away after finding her footing. “The mirror,” she spoke to her mute Knight, eyes searching for the other Witch, “we must find and destroy it.”

Her Knight brandished its sword, and Seyis prepared her own spells, taking down the lesser demons as she paved a way for the both of them towards the rank of demons. The monsters had overwhelming numbers. It was difficult to get past them, and she didn’t want to be surrounded by them. Her Knight hacked and slashed while she bombarded one side with destruction spells and traps. For every step she took, it felt as if she and her Knight dodged two steps backwards.

But then, she felt it, a surge of powerful magic, the earth shaking in tandem with it. But there was no time to think of it as the lesser demons kept coming and coming like an unstoppable flood. Seyis held her ground, but there was only so much she could do with her current magic reserve.

Mentions:
PastelBeauty PastelBeauty Thalia_Neko Thalia_Neko Shagranoz Shagranoz The Prophet The Prophet

Letitia Darkchild
1518884212155.png

Suddenly something shook Ao Meira to his core. Something that reverberated within the earth, sounding like the very ground groaned and shuddered in pain. It gave pause to the Demon Lord floating within the sky.

His portal. His mirror. Shattered. Now closed. "RRAAAAAGH!" He roared, floating upwards in the sky, clutching his head, magical blue-light seeping from him like mist. "AUUUUUUUGHH!!" This was his most pained wail yet, and it was deafening, causing even Letitia to bow over, clutching her ears, blood leaking from them. The last remainder of his Demon-spirit was severed from his true self, and he felt that impact one-hundred fold. The pain was excruciating, but the loss of that bit of himself, was even worse. Now his rage knew no limits. His power as a fearsome Demon Lord swelled. He would destroy these witches, and everything else! A large shockwave of magical rage released from him, and it bubbled outward, smashing into the earth, and sending everything sprawling back from it, with Aoi Meira in its center, including Letitia, who was swept backwards like a speck of dust.

Letitia leaped to brace herself against the force of his anger. Time to end this. With his mirror shattered by that other witch, this shadow of Ao Meira was stuck here in the physical world. No tether, broken inside, and she knew his name. Ao Meira would finally go down, before he could achieve any of his horrendous plans that he undoubtedly had. Arms encasing themselves in magical power, turning black to reflect that, she launched herself at the Demon Lord. The other witches around had very little magical power left, she could feel it. It would be very dangerous to their lives if they engaged anymore combat. That meant she had to end him quickly.

That, after all, was her duty as a high-ranked Coven Witch. She was number Four for a reason! A reason he would learn that day.

"GRRRAH! Letitia, I will end you, and your pathetic world!" Ao Meira shouted at her. He watched as she quickly approached him, with a magically enhanced burst of speed. "I was holding back before, because it was amusing. But I'm not amused any longer! Prepare to be crushed by my full, unhindered power! The title of Demon Lord isn't so easily obtained after all! GRRAH!" With that out there, he clenched his fists inward, and more magic power than she had ever felt before swarmed about him in a storm of raging fury. Then he launched himself at her. His might was so intrusive, that it left physics-breaking cracks within the air behind him, leaving the sky looking like a cracked mirror.

Together, they met midair. Clashing, the Witch and the Demon sent out powerful electrifying shockwaves. In speeds that normal humans -and lower ranked witches- could not keep up with, the two continuously butt-heads, clashing everywhere in powerful physical magical splendor. Each slam between them felt by the entire neighboring area. Their mad battle was nothing but insanity. With blow after blow exchanged between the two. The area nearby felt the after effects, shattering, and collapsing with each clash of theirs.

With one powerful hit, Letitia slammed into the ground, her small body bouncing like a stone thrown into a pond. Ao Meira wanted to follow up his clean hit, by appearing next to her, aiming to slam her hard straight down into the ground with some sort of body-slam. Letitia, instead, blinked beside him, surprising the Demon Lord. Dark magic encased her leg, and she kicked him hard, smashing her foot into the side of his head; sending him rag-dolling away this time. As soon as he stopped midair, catching himself, Letitia appeared behind him, and karate chopped the back of his neck, with a blackened magical-powered hand. Ao Meira stopped her attack, by catching her arms. Grabbing her arms, his body formed around to face her, while he boasted, "Heh heh heh, foolish Witch! You cannot hope to beat me, even after all you've done to try to, I'm still farrrr too powerful for you!" He leaned in closer to mock her, sneering if a mirror could sneer. "Belial obviously didn't raise the witch he thought he did."

With that, he swung around, while Letitia screamed at the force, and threw her. Instantly, he appeared where he had thrown her, and grabbed her head, flying downwards, smashing her into the ground.

"UGH! Grr! Get off of me!" Letitia grunted from the crater their impact had just made. Vile Impulse. Dark magic, swirling with orange electrical currents fired out in a magical ray of concussive force. The concussive force exploding, hitting Ao Meira and quickly removing him from on top of her. To follow up her attack, she leaped up into the air, forming a myriad of quick hand signs; writing the spell. Glaring her intense focus at him, she released her spell, and a circular, orange runic mark branded the air behind her. Now written, Letitia recited her fearsome spell, feeling the magic power it took to cast such a behemoth. "Meteoric Cataclysm!"

The sky darkened above, and giant bright orange 'meteors' of magical death erupted from the heavens, falling, aimed down at Ao Meira. Before he could recollect himself after her last magical blast, the 'meteors' collapsed on top of him. With a fierce scream of pain, he was buried under those magical meteors, each one slamming into their target from above. The ground giving way under such magical weight, with Ao Meira taking the brunt of the attack, sandwiched against the ground and her powerful spell. This spell was one of her strongest, and she could feel its magical force from up in the sky, where she was floating, magically held in the air, during the casting of her spell. This spell would leave this area magically charged for quite awhile.

Impossible. Simply impossible. He still lived? Nothing had ever survived that spell before. Not even an Awakened.

Abruptly, a spike of manic magic could be directly felt from where her spell was still crashing into him. Ao Meira was not dead, or even down for the count. Demon Lords truly were terrifying. That's enough!!! Ao Meira's harsh, metallic-scratching voice thundered out, seemingly coming from everywhere at once. It wasn't even spoken, more like -felt. Like his rage incarnate. He materialized in the air above Letitia, and held his arms out towards her. "Die!!! Reflective Reversal!" Three congruent rays fired from his mirror-face, -which was cracked now-, and his two hands; forming into one simultaneous focused beam. The magic slammed into Letitia's back, as she was unable to dodge, her spell rooting her in place during its cast-time.

All the pain he had felt, all the magic damage he had taken, and all of his berserk wrath were in those three lasers of power. The beam took the body of Letitia on a course of its own, smashing her into the earth yet again, like he had just been, and pushing her down. Letitia's body was drilled down into the earth, his attack so powerful, that she couldn't move, or retaliate. Her magical barrier was dissipating, soon his power would eat right through her soft flesh, and her entire being. This was the end. She couldn't kill him after all. This was why she was only Four. If Three, Two, or One, were here this would've been taken care of within seconds. Ao Meira would've been dead long before any of the destruction of this land had even occurred. He would've been dead long before he even understood what had happened. He could've been whole, and at his prime power, and he still would not have stood a chance.

She understood now.

She was a joke. A fraud.

'Destruction magic'?

Pfft. What a load of shit.

She wasn't anything.

She might as well have been ranked 45. For all the difference it made.

Yuna didn't believe in her. The Coven's council of witches didn't believe in her. The witches around the immediate area didn't believe in her. Not even she believed in her.

Ao Meira was too strong. He would kill her with this attack, then kill her fellow witches around, then set his sights on the Coven. Sure, he couldn't assault it, not with the Top 3 there, but he would wait, bide his time, and grow stronger. She had failed. Letitia would let a Demon Lord go free into their world, and his evil would mature, growing and rotting the land. What a sick joke.

Wait. No. That wasn't exactly right. It was unorthodox, but she had received this mission specifically from One. That meant... Well, One would not send her here without understanding the situation... Which could only mean... that One actually did believe in her! One could've come here and instantly removed the Darkspot, and instantly defeated Ao Meira on her own. If she had sent Letitia here... She must've believed Letitia could do the same!

Belial I need your help.

No, my Letitia, you do not.

Eyes opened, while she was continuously pressed into the ground by Ao Meira's powerful magical force. Belial was right, she realized. Of course she could do this! She was Four of the Coven, and had insane magical might! Darkness, mixed with orange-red sparks swarmed around her. Her magic -Destruction- was made specifically for this type of thing! One of the singularly most powerful Offensive magic types out there, nothing could stand in her way. Her magic was fabricated exactly to destroy demons, as well as anything else in her way, that she deemed necessary to destroy.

Clenching her fists, drawing out magical power, her eyes glowed harshly, changing from a pretty, striking green, to a severe, dominating orange-red. Cracks appeared under those eyes, spreading across her face. Her mouth began to split, and teeth sharpened on their own. Her dress began to rip, tearing as her body expanded, muscular structure changing, that smaller frame buffing up with brawn. While magic flowed into her, long dark hair began to sharpen on its edges, and her scalp disappeared, forming straight into her hair. Pupils disappeared, red-orange irises spreading out; eyes now deep pits of orange-red heat sinks. Letitia's awakening was right there: on the edge.

Letitia burst through the ground behind Ao Meira, causing him to whip around in surprise, his focused beam dissipating, leaving a deep, drilled tunnel downwards into the earth, smoking and glowing from the magical force. This nearly-awakened Letitia slammed her hands together, palms facing out towards the Demon Lord before her, her soulless orange-red eyes glued to her target. Wild mouth, with razor-sharp teeth spoke, chanting one of the most dangerous spells in her repertoire. Top three in her arsenal, at least. A spell so powerful, that it was basically a sin to use. Its effects... well...

"Terminate!..
Decimate!..
Annihilate!..

Ruinate!"

The sky behind Letitia boomed, and thundered, turning instantly black, red lightning flashed out, trailing through it like glowing veins, cracking and beginning to break; parting... letting something through. However, the Nightess did not finish the rest of the chant, instead focusing all of its built-up magical energy into another spell of hers. One of her favorites. Why had it taken her so long to use this in this battle, she wondered for a split-second, before finally releasing her pent-up magic, in a terrifying spell, displaying her insane power as Four of the Coven. The Destruction Witch, 'Letitia the Nightess'.

"Eradicator!!!" Half-awakened Letitia screamed to the heavens. A massive orange, red and black laser fired from her palms with the howl of demonic thunder. The massive beam fired onward, towards the Demon Lord with insane, violent speed, a crackling, piercing, wave-like sound emitting from her attack. As soon as it fired out, the area around Letitia cracked in her own display of physical law-breaking powers, the earth and sky shaking uncontrollably. The very ground under the beam eroded away to reveal a new channel like a stream, only it was made by magical pressure and not water.

Ao Meira realized the danger, and instantly retaliated of his own, holding out his hand, his own powerful beam of magic fired to clash with hers. He was surprised, honestly. This level of magical power was far beyond what he had expected to see. The Demon Lord actually felt... fear.

'Eradicator', and the Demon's magic smashed together, fighting for supremacy it a wonderful display of sparkling magical glory. However, the fight didn't last long and Eradicator completely engulfed Ao Meira's magic, causing it to decease, obliterating his retaliatory attack. Eradicator continued straight at the stunned Demon Lord, with one goal, to completely and totally eradicate Ao Meira from existence. That was this spell. A beam of concentrated destruction that ate through anything, with an insatiable hunger for ruination.

"GRAH!" Ao Meira roared, not giving up, instead using his mirror-face this time, slamming that against the penetrating end of Eradicator. Fighting with it, the Demon Lord struggled desperately. His mirror-face began to channel its absorbing powers, while he fought off the beam's destructive nature long enough... His mirror-face began cracking more, spreading outward, like ice threatening to shatter on a lake's surface. "RRRAAH!" He shouted, focusing with all his might into absorbing Letitia's magic. Eventually, the beam faltered, lowering its intensity, until it disappeared from Letitia's palms altogether, nothing but a faint, sizzling little ray of orange light; incredible magical might all but forgotten. Ao Meira floated there, his chest heaving in long, heavy 'breaths' from overexertion, staring at her. Letitia, too, seemed to be quite out of breath.

"Heh heh... Heh heh heh... Heh heh heh heh heh!" Ao Meira slowly laughed, regaining himself. The Demon Lord puffed up with mocking laughter, knowing that was her final attack. He had managed to circumvent destruction, by completely absorbing it! His intention to use 'Reflection', a power he had, that allowed him to redirect magic, bouncing it back. Sure, now his mirror-face was nothing but wild, uncountable cracks, but he removed the danger. "Letitia. Letitia. Letitia... You should not have ended your first spell," he hinted, "instead of settling on using your secon-..." He froze, mid-sentence, his words trailing off into meaninglessness. Clutching his chest, Ao Meira groaned, grappling with inner chaos. Struggling to retain himself, and not understanding what was going on, Ao Meira began glowing brighter and brighter, heat simmering about him, his body smoking.

"What's the meaning of this? What's happening?! What IS HAPPENING?! -WITCH TELL ME!" Ao Meira roared outward, his body unfurling, arms and legs outstretched, wings spread, cracked-mirror-face upwards. "AAAAAAAAAHHHHH!" His final scream rang out, before his face shattered, and black, orange, and red energy released from him, his body following suit, disintegrating with a massive explosion. Eradicator had done its job, and sent the Demon Lord to oblivion. Nothing stood in that spell's way. An all-encompassing magical force of destruction. Not even Ao Meira could absorb its entirety; suffering the consequences of even trying.

With that finally done, and no magical signature of Ao Meira present any longer, Letitia fell back to the ground. Upon contact touching down onto the wounded earth, the witch collapsed, with horrible shredded skin, bleeding profusely, indecent rips in her clothing, terrible bruises, and nasty bloody cuts. Laying on the ground, Letitia couldn't move, or feel any part of her body, but the pain she knew she was experiencing was tremendous. Her entire form was numb, and she struggled to remain conscious. Finally, Ao Meira was defeated, finally she could end this mission. Except! No... the Mature Darkspot was still there. This entire fight, and none of the magic previously used had managed to fix it! It had to be closed, it had to be removed. This earth was wounded from an intense magical battle, but eventually it would heal. Except not if the Darkspot remained. This place would forever be host to darkness, and evil intentions, radiating morose thoughts, as well as, powerful negative emotions.

Letitia shook, striving to get to her feet, to perform the rite to abolish the Darkspot. Her body and her mind clashed. She knew her duty, but simply couldn't will herself to move even an inch. At that particular moment, her magic reserves were empty. Completely drained in every single regard: mentally, physically, spiritually, emotionally, magically. -Letitia just could not fulfill her mission, and instead closed her eyes. Moans of pain escaped her, and Four found she couldn't even move. Managing to speak at the very least, Letitia's voice came out similar to Ao Meira's; metallicy, haunting, chilling. "T-the Darkspot..." she breathed. "I-it's still here." Shaking her head, she elaborated. "K-killing Ao Meira... It did not help, or clear up the Darkspot.. Its far more m-mature than that. If w-we... d-don't clear it up now... More demons like Ao Meira could invade through this dark blemish on the world."

Even talking was a mistake. "Grra!" she grunted, body flicking up, grabbing her chest in pain. Long black sharpened 'hair' strands falling in front of her face. Blinking those heat sinks of eyes of hers, she realized what was going on. Yet another issue. "Grrrrr -aughhh!" she hissed again, clenching her eyes closed, bending forward in agony. This. So this was the Awakening..? Even with no magic reserves, she could still feel the tug. The pull. The inner might and darkness swirling together to become one. What plagued all witches. That monstrous transformation that was looked upon as a sin. It was eating away inside her. Probably even more painful because of her current lack of magic. The transformation was still forcing itself though... Could she?..

"UGH!" Letitia growled, flopping back against the ground, hand still clutching her chest. Emitting unnatural sounds from her open mouth, she writhed there, steam coming off of her.

PastelBeauty PastelBeauty Elle Santiago Elle Santiago Shagranoz Shagranoz The Prophet The Prophet

Last edited:
Cascade DuPont

Cascade saw the world become a blur, colors meshing with other colors, and objects blurring together. Her knees went weak... she was falling, falling and couldn't stop. She hit something hard, but couldn't feel it, she only heard her body meeting the ground. Her eyelids went heavy, and then, there was nothing. Silent darkness without thought or imagining, it was as if the world no longer existed. A partial or complete loss of consciousness with interruption of awareness of oneself and one’s surroundings. It was here that Cascade drifted back to the time when she was young, and her village took her mother from her arms.

~~~

Although you cannot hear her voice or see her smile no more, your mother walks beside you as she did once before. It’s just she isn’t visible to see with human eye but talk to her in silence and her spirit will reply. The fire flashed into existence in a wash of red and yellow sparks. Like the beauty of running water so unearthly. Yet it has a dangerous beauty. They fire leaping up, picking up speed like a river does tributaries. The fire held its head up regally and proudly as its destruction spread while glowering at the surrounding daring them to challenge its awesome power. Cascade watched the ever-burning fire that blazed outside of her window, in the streets. She could not breath, nor could she hear her heart in her chest.

She was alive watching everything burn. What once was beautiful cracked and wilted under the weight of the weightless fire. The bright turned black and ascended in the air in dark gray plumes of darkness, and misery. No matter how much effort was given, the fire didn’t cease its reign of terror. She could not run, nor could she scream. Cascade only watched as her mother burned. Her home, her family, everything. Her mother’s flesh turned black as fire ate greedily at her mangled face and torn back. There was no escaping it, the pain, and death it caused, and the dreams it stole from Cascade.

In that moment of loss Cascade’s world collapsed - where there was light became shadows, the pain coming and going like waves on frigid sand. Though Cascade’s mind called out for her mother’s the connection was gone... you were gone... and finally Cascade knew that her time to be alone had come. The crowd was a river sweeping her mother’s charcoaled corpse away to a reality that Cascade didn’t know of. The village people called Cascade an innocent in all this. That her mothers’ devil ways would not affect her, and they would raise her up to be God loving.

However, Cascade didn’t want these God loving people. In the name of God, they had taken her mother from her violently. Cascade would rain hell upon these people and they would know true suffering. In the time that it took for the townspeople to leave the pyre and for the guards to bury the body in an unmarked grave Cascade had travelled high up into the mountainous forest next to the village of Derth. It was here that she found her only solace. In the living plants and things that echoed her mother’s love and teachings. There was also grief and a need to seek vengeance for the innocent life that was taken. It was here that Merihem came to Cascade.

Merihem has the head of a goat, skulls around his neck and hands like that of man, but he was no man, in fact, he was a demon. Merihem was not just your run of the mill Lesser Demon but a Demon Lord, The Purveyor of Pestilence, who was said to be one of the bringers of the end of days. However, young, Cascade knew Merihem only as. Friend.

Hello…My Maiden. I know what happened to your Mother. I can help you seek retribution. Power. Come let me take care of you.”

So, Merihem became the protector and provider of a little lost witch girl, who was grieving, who was angry and who eventually came into power. It was power unlike anything her mother had ever taught her before, but times had changed and Merihem had to seek solace within Cascade’s soul and mind. It was a much stronger contract and it protected Merihem while giving extraordinary powers to Cascade.

Being brave means being afraid, or at least it does for Cascade. The two go hand in hand. First is the fear, then the determination not to be ruled by it. Cascade always chose to face fear, to conquer it, not be molded by those who wanted her to be conveniently placated; No, Cascade chose that she will not shy from the battlefields they create. That was why she had to get out of this…

~~~

Cascade’s jade colored eyes fluttered open, Ao Meira was no where to be seen, so she assumed that the dark witch had successfully killed him, but her hearing began to come back as she awoke more to her surroundings.
"Grrrrr -aughhh!"
The dark-haired witch hissed again, clenching her eyes closed, bending forward in agony.
Cascade saw and watched in horror what plagued all witches. That monstrous transformation that was looked upon as a sin. Cascade frowned and moved slowly, turning onto her side as she peeled her bloodied, ichor stained, hair out of her eyes and propped herself up onto one arm. The onyx-haired witch was emitting unnatural sounds from her open mouth, she writhed there, steam coming off her. However, something evil remained. No... the Mature Darkspot was still there. This entire fight, and none of the magic previously used had managed to fix it even destroying Ao Meira’s mirror had not destroyed it. It had to be closed, it had to be removed.

Who to save?

What would anyone do to help?

Cascade’s magic was running severely low, she felt physically, emotionally, mentally raw all over. Any more use of magic could wind her up in the same situation as this young, dark witch but…no. There was a spell. Her mother’s spell. It was natural and pulled magic deep from within. From love. No stronger magic and no stronger bond…than love. How could someone love a stranger? It was impossible, no, Mother had felt love for all things. Witches were Sisters of the cause. Practitioners of magics both big and small that helped protect the world they all lived in. Cascade knew what she had to do. Grunting with the extreme effort of physically pushing herself up, she half dragged, half crawled her way over to the dark-haired witch.

Cascade firmly grasped the woman’s arm and began to murmur in broken Latin, the spell that not only bound Sister Witches to each other for strength, but also to help ease the burdens of dark and evil things, to help guide them, protect, and walk with them as an equal. Cascade just hoped that it wasn’t too late, that the demons that were in all of them, the demon inside of Letitia had not won in taking over.

Exaudi de caelo, Domine mei de terra: Ecce de Spiritu tuo.

A tenebris in lucem venit. Et comprehendantur in modum.

Non erit tibi soli spiritu ambulate: ego enim sum vobiscum ambulare.

Non solum autem te faciem perditionem devorans, quia ego tecum ambules in ignes.

Vita post interitum, cum eam pro salute tua.

Audi me, et sciat esse verum hoc ego non tenetur tibi in perpetuum.

Virtutes fuerunt et erunt vobis videbitis secure.

Lectum requiem die florum.

Ego amplecti volui. Et ambulabo tecum.

Amo te, quod quis vellet Sister. Audi me: et scio ego vobiscum.

In rough translation it means:

Hear me from the Heavens, Feel me from the Earth, See me from your Spirit.
Risen from Darkness you shall come forth into the light. You are embraced in warmth.
No longer will your Spirit walk alone, for I will walk with you.
No longer will you face Destruction alone, for I will walk with you into the fires.
Life comes after Destruction, and with it, your Salvation. Hear me and know this is true.
I will forever be bound to you.
Powers that are, have been, and will be see to you that you rest easy. Rest on a bed of flowers.
I embrace thee. I walk with thee. I love thee, as any Sister would. Hear me, and know I am with you.

~~~

Cascade’s eyes grew heavy and she began to doze next to the young woman. Cascade would describe falling asleep as her only sweet release from the worries of the world. In her dreams she could escape, find relief. For a few seconds when she awoke she was oblivious to her concerns. She would enjoy that brief respite of time before her troubles burst to the forefront of her mind. Confusion blossomed in Cascade’s heart. Confusion and relief. Perhaps she did it. Perhaps she had saved this young witch from becoming something that was not her true self. Cascade knew that eventually she would need to wake up. To stare reality in the face. But for now, she lay down her heavy head, and retreated into wallowing blackness. The earth was solid underneath her and it was the wallowing blackness that was a comfort for it symbolized sleep and dreams. Dreams that she could relive over and over, in a world where her mother didn’t die and where life was kind and full…

Oh, how dreams did fill a heart with ache and love…

Thalia_Neko Thalia_Neko Elle Santiago Elle Santiago The Prophet The Prophet Shagranoz Shagranoz

Catherine heard Letitia's strained voice and nodded. She wasn't anywhere near as experienced as the other witch, but she could feel something... wrong about the place. Something that words like 'evil' and 'blasphemous' couldn't even begin to describe.

"So, these demons are coming out of this 'Darkspot'? Alright, that's one question solved. Now, to the bigger problem- closing the damned thing. We can't have the Legions of the Underworld flooding the kingdom." The witch barely avoided a bold of dark magic, and returned it with a tendril of the same. "I hope it doesn't require a ritual or anything like that- in a situation this chaotic, we wouldn't have a chance."

q5WfH66.png

After that ear-shattering roar, everything turned into a blur. Seyis knew she was fighting alongside her Knight, her hand glowing with magic as she threw spells after spells to kill the wave of lesser demons that seemed never-ending. Then, there were explosions happening, doing her best not to get caught in the intense fight between the Demon Lord and the Fourth. In her better days, Seyis would’ve jumped into the fray to assist her fellow Coven Sister, but she was far too busy surviving the onslaught of demons and stray magical projectiles that was too powerful to block and would leave her as a bloody paste in the ground.

And then, due to the Fourth’s huge magical release, it all just… ended, only for a new problem to rise. The Fourth risked being fully Awakened, and Seyis’s blood ran cold knowing that if her fellow Witch turned now, then all of this would’ve been irrelevant. A new evil would live. Awakened and the Consumed, Seyis would handle, but never a Tyrant. She’d heard stories, and she’d rather just continue to hear about the stories of what the Tyrants were capable of instead of seeing what it truly was.

Seyis scrambled hurriedly towards the Fourth, her Knight following her, its body covered with the guts of Lesser Demons. She knelt beside the woman, not knowing how to help. Seyis was no true healer, only capable of patching her body up enough for her to wander in a town that would help her. She didn’t know what to do. She didn’t even know if killing the Fourth was possible for her. She never killed anyone while the human part of them – the one that was humane – was present and alive.

But, the Darkspot. Yes. She was too caught up in the whirlwind of chaos that was the Mirror Demon to notice this land was a site of it. That sense of purpose lessened the panic and existential dread Seyis was feeling now. It was something to do. In a way, she admired the Fourth’s determination to finish what it was she started. Darkspots, however, were a tricky sort. With the threat of a Tyrant One emerging in this world literally a few feet away from Seyis, dredging up positive thoughts and maintaining them would be hell.

Still, she stood up and walked away from the unmoving body of the Fourth but remained close enough that her Knight would have the chance to take a stab at her Coven Sister in case the worst happened. At least now, even if her Knight was too slow from the draw, then there was only the Tyrant One to worry about and not the Darkspot that acted as a beacon for Demons who wanted to wreak havoc in the mortal realm.

Sometimes, things were not enough. And sometimes, contenting yourself with what you had was all you could do in the face of despair. Her mind searched for the most powerful counterspell against the Darkspot and found it lacking somehow. But it was all she had, and she had to make do. She’ll make it work. She had to. Her hands performed the proper sigils, and her lips formed the words. It was as if she was in a trance as she spoke, words seemingly holding no meaning when spoken, only when heard and felt. As the words and incantations escaped her, she focused on the feelings of happiness, of her life before the Coven and the happiness she found when she became a Witch.

Of servants loyal to her and her family; of people she saved when she was a Witch; of the relief that the Awakened felt in their last moments of humanity that someone would stop them from harming others. It wasn’t always like that, of course. There were others that hated her, of who she was, what she was, and what her purpose was. But she set them aside, focused on the happier thoughts, on the hope she represented for the others and herself.

Because the only thing she could do was hope. Hope against all odds that it would work.

“Brightspot, oh, Brightspot.” She intoned, eyes closed as she focused on the good people had and were capable of. “Descend from the heavens and rid the land of evil. Let happiness flow in the world, let life flourish once more.”

She hoped, and she hoped until the purple miasma of the Darkspot began to slowly recede. She repeated the words as if it was her only lifeline. It was the only thing she could do. And it was the only thing she would do until the Darkspot was fully gone or her magic was completely depleted.

Mentions:
Thalia_Neko Thalia_Neko PastelBeauty PastelBeauty

Letitia Darkchild
1519431691234.png

Searing orange-red cracks spread out from her eyes. Teeth sharp like canine teeth, and an entire body structure changing, cracking, and puffing up with the effort and strain it put on the 18 year old Witch. Her Awakening was imminent. Then something haltered the transformation. From somewhere, she wasn't sure where, she heard a distant voice.. An incantation that seeped within her very being. It put an intense strain on her and she began shuddering, groaning wildly in pain. That incantation permeated her everything...

"Exaudi de caelo, Domine mei de terra: Ecce de Spiritu tuo.
A tenebris in lucem venit. Et comprehendantur in modum.
Non erit tibi soli spiritu ambulate: ego enim sum vobiscum ambulare.
Non solum autem te faciem perditionem devorans, quia ego tecum ambules in ignes.
Vita post interitum, cum eam pro salute tua.
Audi me, et sciat esse verum hoc ego non tenetur tibi in perpetuum.
Virtutes fuerunt et erunt vobis videbitis secure.
Lectum requiem die florum.
Ego amplecti volui. Et ambulabo tecum.
Amo te, quod quis vellet Sister. Audi me: et scio ego vobiscum."

Then moments later she quieted down, and her eyes finally opened, returned to their original light green. Taking a quick glance around, she leaned up to get a glimpse of her current surroundings. She felt like she had been out of it for a week at least, but... it had been no more than a few moments. This was the aftermath of Ao Meira's emergence. The battle that had left the town decimated, and the surrounding area corrupted by the Mature Darkspot. Letitia saw that there was just not enough magical power between the few witches that were there. Ao Meira really had done quite the job on her. Slowly, her body began to move, fighting to get back to her feet. It was impossible, without help. The Darkspot had to be dealt with...

She had noticed the slumbering witch beside her. Searching her over, she noted, An Apostate? Flashing her a look of annoyance at such a realization. Was it her.. that spell that had aided the dark-haired witch? Her spell that had filled her with new rejuvenated energy? She'd have to deal with the Apostate after... this.

Getting to her feet, now infused with much more power, drawing on magical strength that was not there before, Letitia had allowed more of the darkness in; she was dangerously close to fully Awakening, but this was the only way for her to muster any more magic at all. Which was why she was close to Awakening, she had no magic of her own to call upon. Red-orange irises spread out, converting her eyes back into deep pits of orange-red heat sinks, she spoke in a raspy, ear-scratching voice. It couldn't be helped. Sorry.

Letitia had been intending to begin the rite to remove the Darkspot. But noticed another taking care of it a short distance away. Glancing quickly, it was Six. She was here too? Then there was another witch there... How many had come to help? Certainly the emergence of Ao Meira had caused a powerful burst of magical energy. Their resulting fight had released even more. So that was probably the culprit for other witches noticing. It was good Six was working on the Brightspot incantation, for in her current state, Letitia hadn't felt she would be able to finish it. It required bright, lovely, joyous, thoughts. Emotions of wonder, love, and happiness. Memories filled with such things, could fuel such a wondrous magic easily. However... obviously, in her state, she looked down at her current distorted self, now standing upright at a 6'1, legs extended by unnatural means. She was not suited for any such thing. There was one thing she could do. Listening to Six intone weakly the call for the Brightspot, Letitia ambled over, her presence as a nearly-Awakened probably terrifying. In her altered, eerie voice, she said, "I can summon the rite with magical power, I can't fulfill it. Which means, Six, you'll have to provide the powerful positive emotions at the end to complete it. Er.. the rest. Understand? It has to be effortless, and quick. This is the only bit I got left in me."

That was an ominous warning. Eyes focused on Six at her side, she nodded, then began the rite.

Her arms held out to her sides. Followed, then, by forming them into an X over her chest. While, quickly pulling them apart once again, until her hands formed an O above her heart. Once again, dark thoughts spread through her mind, and her entire psyche; the Darkspot mustering up its usual defense. This hit Letitia like a truck, and the cracks on her face grew wider, glowing orange-red between them. It was all she could do to not allow this form to grow any longer. However, the Apostate's ancient words filled her mind, seemingly to help calm it. With that calm, Letitia spoke beside Six.

"Darkspot. I beseech you. Go back to the void. Rid this land of your evil. Life and joy, bring these back into the world." Clapping the O together, she did a motion, and raised her hands to the sky. "Heavens above, hear me..." Her words trailed off, and she looked over at Six, her nod saying.

Ready?

She hung on the very end of the magical chant, waiting for Six to finish it. Letitia and Six only had one shot at this...

Letitia focused on her fellow witch, hoping to feel the happiness welling from the girl at her side. It would be clear when it occurred, this picture of what she was using to tame this Darkspot. The dark-haired Witch hoped it was a bright enough memory and feeling; they only had one shot at this. Letitia did not have the magic power left to call upon a spell strong enough to rid this Mature Darkspot of its hold in their world. If she couldn't... If this didn't work, well... Letitia knew there was a serious threat of becoming fully Awakened.

Still, she understood that, and this had to be ended now. Alright, this was it! Feeling the power well within her, Letitia shouted hoping her spell would work with Six's spell. She hoped together their spells would converge and eradicate the Darkspot. Letita looked towards the heavens, her power of a nearly-Awakened flourishing. "BRIGHTSPOT!" she shouted up into the heavens, the feelings of joy and love would spread through her from the witch at her side. Her heart would barely contain these raw emotions she would feel. Emotions she hadn't felt since... Yuna. No wonder she hadn't sealed the Darkspot before. There was nothing like this in her life. Not even memories, for those she had clouded with grief, pain, and anguish.

With a burst of magic, that Six would definitely feel coursing suddenly through her, the land around glowed brightly. Rays of light reached out from above, and trails of glittering golden light showered the entire destroyed area. Soon, the spot of light that was all around them, began to shrink, until it grew smaller and smaller, turning into nothing but a sliver in the very center of the place. Presumably, where the fountain had been located in the town's square. Eventually, that single ray of light disappeared as well. The spell was complete. The Darkspot was no more, and this land could thrive again... Eventually. Darkened diseased land began to immediately clear up. Unseen shadows receding. Monstrous tendrils gripping the land shriveled and died. Immediately the place felt softer, felt more welcoming, shadowy thoughts now being unveiled; as if an entire weight was lifted off the land, resulting in a huge wave of relief to come flooding in.

Letitia also had not fully awakened. Thanks wholly to that Apostate and her ancient magic that had helped calm the tumultuous monster within. At the expenditure of the last vestiges of that dark magic that had welled within her, she felt the relief that was needed to halt the advance of Awakening. It didn't really need to be said, that that was a good thing. Reverting back to her short, 5'2'' self, with her black dress ripped in some rather.. unseemly places, she collapsed, completely spent. Totally out of it, the witch was at her absolute most vulnerable, in years, she collapsed unconscious.

PastelBeauty PastelBeauty Elle Santiago Elle Santiago Shagranoz Shagranoz The Prophet The Prophet

q5WfH66.png

Despite Seyis’s one-track focus, she was still able to feel the oppressing presence of the near-Awakened Fourth. It was distracting, truthfully so, and she could feel her the hair on her skin stand on its end. Her concentration almost broke when she heard a demonic voice next to her. "I can summon the rite with magical power, I can't fulfill it. Which means, Six, you'll have to provide the powerful positive emotions at the end to complete it. Er.. the rest. Understand? It has to be effortless, and quick. This is the only bit I got left in me."

Seyis opened her eyes and what she saw terrified her. The other Witch had an inhumane appearance and being near someone who had awesome monstrous power made her believe that Death might as well be standing next to her, the blade of its scythe nicking the skin of her throat. Still, she gulped and nodded her assent.

The Sixth mirrored the Fourth’s movement, her mind racing. This was their one chance – their only chance, and there was no way she’d fail at this. She could feel the doubt creeping in when she thought it, but she forcefully shoved it down the Darkspot’s throat. Doubt had no place here, not now. Doubting was for later when she survived.

"Darkspot. I beseech you. Go back to the void. Rid this land of your evil. Life and joy, bring these back into the world." The Fourth chanted. "Heavens above, hear me..." Her words trailed off, and she looked and nodded at Seyis.

Seyis returned the nod and spoke her own incantation. “Brightspot, oh, Brightspot! Descend from the heavens and rid the land of evil. Let happiness flow in the world, let life flourish once more!”

And after her words left her, Seyis delved into her mind, feeling a wave of calm as she remembered. There was always the satisfaction the Sixth felt when finishing her mission, enjoying the thanks of villagers and citizens, given food and celebration. But there was always a hint of fear there. She went deeper and recalled the times when she relished the private company of other women, but it wasn’t enough. It was all on the surface.

There was an undercurrent of frustration as she searched for her most precious memory. Then, she dove into her memory of childhood. In her expensive dresses of silk embroidered in gold and jewels, she basked in her easy life. In that large mansion where servants attended to her every wants and whim, her family doting on her. She relished the warmth.

Something was missing. She walked and walked and walked and found a part of her empty.

Seyis pushed the grand doors of the mansion and was greeted by the warm, noon sun. Barefoot, she walked down the marble stairs to the cobblestone road to ticklish green grass. Her feet stepped without her input, and her eyes looked at the calm and peaceful trees. Then, she stumbled upon the statue of Ziz. Majestic, beautiful, noble. Its eyes stared at her, and she reached out to it.

Purpose.

Ziz gave her purpose.

Seyis latched onto the memory, brief as it may be. That sole moment was precious and most important. After that, there were consequences – consequences that made her renounce her birth name, but at that moment, it was pure.

Seyis heard the shout of the Fourth, and she felt powerful magic coursing through her body. It was warm like a friend’s comfort, a lover’s kiss, a family’s love. The land was then showered with light, cleansing the earth of the evil that seeped in the ground. The light disappeared, and she could no longer feel the Darkspot’s presence. The oppressing feeling, as well as the doubts, lifted off her mind and body, and she was able to breathe more easily.

Seyis’s eyes crossed, vision doubling. She fell to her knees and wondered why her Knight didn’t catch her. She tugged on that link and found herself confused why it wasn’t there. Then, “oh,” she spoke, realizing that she burnt all of her magic. She slowly shook her head, feeling a bit of a headache coming to her, well, head. She heard a slight thump next to her and saw the Fourth collapse. Seyis let out a sigh of relief when the Fourth was looking quite like a proper human now, well, if one ignored her state of dress.

Despite feeling like absolute crap, legs and arms burning from exhaustion, Seyis dragged herself next to the Fourth, blanketing the unconscious form of the Witch using her cloak. She sat and looked at the sky, hoping to recover enough of her magic to contact the Coven or, at least, her Courier for help.

Mentions:
Thalia_Neko Thalia_Neko

"Wow, wow, wow, wow!!" A sly voice chimed, miles, upon miles, upon miles away from where the Mature Darkspot had just been cleaned up by a handful of Coven witches; just after an intense battle with a powerful Demon Lord had just occurred. "Number Four just went at it so hard! So wild, as usual!" The 21 year old, blonde woman giggled, and squirmed where she stood atop the mountain beside her companions, watching out over a massive expanse of land, trees, and the rest of the mountain range. Upon which the small group sat. Enjoying the battle, and its aftermath, the woman's fists were igniting with magical power, kicking up the wind; storm clouds crackling dangerously overhead.

"Raiga, my dear, would you please settle down? You're going to ruin the day's wonderful mood," A very elegant, and lovely voice intoned. With an unhappy frown crossing a delicate face, she watched as a raindrop splashed right into the middle of her tea. In exasperated tone, she mused, "Dear, you're ruining a perfect, and beautiful day."

Moria looked up at the gathering stormclouds; a result of Raiga's energized emotions having an effect on her magic. "I rather like the rain..." she mused on the offhand, as a single droplet hit her cheek.

Another woman spoke, a witch who was rank 24 of the Coven. White haired, and mysterious, she had a knack for sensing and observation. She was known as 'Mijj, the Quiet Watch'. Her sensing abilities were rivaled by none. They alone afforded her her ranking. She was able to watch magical confrontations, and sense the mystical like no one else could. Seeing Raiga grumble distastefully, releasing any amount of built up magical power, Mijj alleviated some of the woman's misgivings. "I'm sure you'd love to know, that Letitia's powers have grown; her magical might becoming 'juicy' as you like to say, Raiga. She fought with a particularly powerful Demon Lord. Sure she had some help... but... "

Raiga clapped her hands together, licking her lips. "OH! God yes! Damn, I'm itching right now. My stomach growls for a 'juicy' battle! Can we go meet them? I cannot wait to have a bit of fun! We could show them true terror!" Her eyes sparked, and wind whipped around her again, once more igniting the passion of her magic.

"Now, Raiga, darling, be patient. You don't need me or Mijj to tell you that they're all quite tired. Our dear Letitia, even, is completely drained of magic," The number one ranked witch, Celeste, noted simply. "I wouldn't think you'd enjoy any such encounter. Is your bloodlust really that barbaric?"

"I think Raiga is just expressing her own uniqueness, Madam One," Moria chimed in. Though the simple, soft girl was not too keen on all this talk of battle that Raiga consistently went on and on about.

Raiga once more, calmed down, lamenting that One was right. "Ahh... Whatevs, yo," she murmured, with a simple shrug. "Fine, we'll meet them someday." Her eyes gleamed, and she glanced back out across the world. "Someday," she purred mischievously, body twitching excitedly.

"Speaking of stomachs," Celeste spoke up, staring at a young girl, with a wide jaw, and razor sharp teeth, who was sipping at her own cup of tea, but whose stomach was giving her away. "Feed the little wretch."

"I bet Letitia-senpai is quite tasty," Cyn's voice came out creepily, while she snapped her jaws, hands squeezing the tiny teacup in them.

"Nyyyaaa~! Me? Why? Why do I have to? Can't you feed her Celeste?" Raiga whined pitifully, kicking some rocks defiantly, sending them tumbling down the cliff. Normally, at such a request, she'd prickle with irritation, but today she was feeling a bit down, instead.

"Pah, sweetheart, you know very well, that I cannot feed her. My magic is inedible," the calm and collected woman countered, taking another sip of tea. "Just be a doll, and feed little Cynthia."

"It's Cyn!!!" The young girl chirped up, growling in frustration, only to hear Raiga grunt, "Ugh, fine!" Words that sent a bubble of joy through her. Cyn watched as the older woman with blonde hair reached towards the sky. Winds kicked up like before, and sparks radiated off of her body. Mere moments later, a large lightning bolt fired down from those heavens, right into Raiga's outstretched palm. Neither Miss Celeste, nor Mijj seemed to even notice, completely unfazed. With One continuing to sit there, sipping tea, and Mijj standing by, silent like usual.

'The little wretch' leaned forward, licking her chops, jaw unhinging and widening to a grotesque shape. "Ready?" Raiga asked superfluously, knowing full well the girl would be. She stood there with golden lightning swarming her arm and hand. Upon seeing the small girl nod enthusiastically, the Thunder God fired the ball of lightning at her. Cyn opened her mouth wide, and leaped, snatching the magical ball of lightning out of the air. Landing on all fours, she chewed and gnawed, growling ferally. Swallowing, a moment later, she rolled over on her back, and rubbed her tummy. "Ahhhhh! Thanks Raiga-chan!" The girl released a little quip signifying her utter delight, behaving currently like a dog, squirmed about joyfully, sparks of electricity about her, while she glowed golden.

"UGH!" Raiga grunted in frustration, throwing her arms out, and blasting a tree with magical energy. "I want to go nowwwww! Please, Celeste?"

"Quell yourself, Raiga. The time will come. I assure you." One narrowed her gaze, and a chill fell over them. "Also, 'Celeste'? That's the second time you've casually thrown my name out there. Where are your manners, Raiga? That is much too informal."

"Sorry, Madam One, forgive me?" She asked, looking down, and pouting.

"Raiga, such a look is unbecoming. Honestly, dear, you would do to be a bit more refined. Like Mijj," Celeste chided. Hearing her name mentioned, the quietest of their group glanced lazily over.

"What about Cyn?" Raiga retorted, placing her hands upon her hips. Sparks coming off her as she grew testy.

"Cyn...thia," Celeste began, which afforded her a leer from the young girl, "is... a special case. Our special child. Yes, that's right." Sighing, she elaborated. "Just wait. When the time comes, we'll meet them. On that merry day, we'll find ourselves most amused. I promise you, Raiga." Her white hair swayed in the wind magnificently, and she sighed out, "Nothing too crazy, though, just a 'bit of fun'."

Raiga sneered, and her teeth sharpened, eyes sparking with a blue glow, shorter hair beginning to grow out on its own. Giggling softly, she nodded to One, turning away from her, whispering softly, ominously, "Yes, 'a bit of fun'..."

Cyn repeated, much more energetically, clapping her hands, "A bit of fun, teehee!" Her voice was haunting, and her tone was hollow.

Moria lightly attempted to brush the rowdy Cyn's hair, sitting beside her. "A bit of fun," she repeated airily.

Mijj sighed, blinking between the group. Solemnly she thought inwardly to herself. 'Right. 'A bit of fun'.'

Charries
Celeste
1519445655546.png
Raiga
1519445677419.png(ignore the big words)
Moria
1519447824654.png
Mijj
1519445708257.png
Cynthia
1519445699882.png

Last edited:

q5WfH66.png

When Seyis recovered enough of her magic, the sun had already set, and the stars filled the sky. Her body felt heavy from exhaustion, both physical and magical, but she stood up from her seat on the ground. It wasn’t all that comfortable anyways. She patted her clothes, removing the dust that clung to the fabric. She glanced at the two prone forms of bodies sleeping on the ground and immediately felt exasperated, releasing a heavy sigh.

With a tug on her magical reserve, her Fallen Knight appeared from Nothing and into the mortal realm. A wave of weakness overcame her, and cold and hard gauntlets grasped her upright. “Thank you,” She said to her construct, waving a dismissive hand towards it. Reluctantly, it pulled away, standing next to its mistress.

“What to do, what to do,” Seyis muttered to herself, fingers massaging the temples of her head. They needed a safe place to stay in, all of them. She wracked in her mind her mental map, trying to determine a place where they could stay for a while to recover without worrying about monsters and other happenings. It took awhile, but she eventually found it. A few ways away (definitely more than ‘few ways away’ but it’s more tolerable that way), there was a village at the base of a mountain.

It would be a nice place to stay at. Nothing so glamorous, however, but even having a roof over their heads would be better than this empty and dead town. But, here came the problem. She had a Knight. She only had one Knight right now. And there were two people that needed carrying. Oh, sure, she could definitely summon another Knight, but Seyis didn’t particularly feel like fainting right now.

On the other hand, Seyis felt like fainting at the mere thought of carrying someone other than herself. She released a pathetic groan of resignation. Even if she summoned another Knight, she’d probably have it scout ahead for trouble, which meant she’d be feeding two constructs with her meagre amount of magic while also carrying an unconscious woman.

Silently, her Knight knelt and picked up the apostate. And, with its judging red eyes directed at her, Seyis bit back another sigh (or any other kind of dejected noises) as she cast a lesser strength charm on her body, lowering herself down and heaving the Fourth from the ground. Even though the Fourth was shorter in height, her weight was still heavy in Seyis’s arms, and it threatened to buckle her knees. Still, with sheer determination and the constant reminder of her responsibility, she and her Knight began their trek towards the village.

-----

When Seyis woke up to the sight of a wooden ceiling, she was confused. Then, the memories came. It seemed that their luck finally turned up, not even a single monster coming to attack them. They arrived relatively intact at a village just as dawn broke, and they were herded in an inn. The last thing she remembered was that, after setting up a room and setting down the unconscious women in their respective beds, she then passed out on the ground, her Knight disappearing as her consciousness left her. Seyis groaned, covering her face with both of her hands in silent embarrassment. Seyis, the Sixth, the Executioner, did not faint like a weak-willed maiden!

Mentions:
Thalia_Neko Thalia_Neko PastelBeauty PastelBeauty

Letitia Darkchild
1519569835574.png
At the inn, Letitia remained unconscious. Her small body breathing gently in the bed she was laid in. It did not appear she would wake any time soon. As Four of the Coven, it took quite a lot for anything like this to happen. The witch had immense magical reserves, and she was completely out. It would potentially take several days for those reserves to refill, and for her to recover, before she even awoke... If Letitia had any enemies that knew of her current defenseless state, she could have been in severe trouble...

Two beings clashed, atop a massive hill, thunder cracking above, with turbulent storm raging. Neither seemed to notice. One was a mass of black, vicious tendrils; strands sharper than any edge, and harder than any metal whipped violently as the skies above. A solid face of black, with white soulless openings where the eyes and mouth were to be, conveying nothing, as the monstrosity attacked relentlessly.

The other being, looked a bit more human in the chest and head area. A beautiful feminine figure there moaned, and wailed in earnest, conveying its anger, and hatred. While brutal strikes tore through it, and while its own savage retaliatory blows smashed into its opponent. The rest of it was nothing more than a mass of overblown demonic and angelic wings. A weird, strange mix of both light and dark. Though it appeared that the darkness was invasive, like it had forced itself upon the gallant, gorgeous being of white purity.

These two monoliths seizured blows endlessly; their relentless attacks corrupting the very land they fought upon. The very earth shook, and trembled beneath the feuding pair, crying out in its own anguish, as the two ravaged it and each other mercilessly, no remorse or care shown on their faces. They only knew one thing: battle. Despite such power, neither seemed to take any significant damage. If the black mass of tendrils had any cut, they'd regrow near instantly. If the winged pristine beast took a bloody strike, it'd regenerate just as quickly. Their onslaught remained steady and constant, like they were fighting a war that would last forever.

A sudden, single word, brought Letitia to her senses. That word striking a chord within her very being, accompanied by a flash, that would end the violent scene before her.

Yuna!

Letitia shot upright, sweating, with harsh, labored breaths; her nightmare fading quickly from memory. Shaking her dark black hair out of the way of her face, she rubbed her eyes and looked around. Wait. Where was she? Inspecting the bed first, it appeared someone had taken the time to find her a place to rest. Glancing around, she didn't recognize the immediate room. "Ah..." she murmured, running her hands along the sheets. Feeling of touch has not returned... The witch made a mental note. Raising an eyebrow, she looked at the swords displayed ornately in a large rack at the side of the room. "Oh. I suppose... That's... rather interesting..." she murmured without much enthusiasm. Letitia herself, was not a big sword enthusiast. Though, she knew there were witches that used catalysts and artifacts to enhance and focus their magic. Some used swords as such.

~~~

Speaking of someone who used a bladed weapon as a catalyst for enhanced magic techniques. A certain Sage had came to the inn, seeking his witch. He had honed in on a certain dark magical signature. It had eluded him, surprisingly, for a few days. When he had noticed, it was merely a dying candlelight, frightening him some, but it was still there. Weak as the signal was, he could still see it, and he had eventually traveled the course to reach it. It was this man that found Seyis and the other witches. Seyis was of The Coven, like his own witch. She was low on magical power, which explained the haphazard and quick answer she had to find, by staying at some pitiful inn in this simple town. The other witches, barring his unconscious Letitia, were two Apostates by their appearance. And as Coven law demanded, he'd see that they too, return with him to Gateway. The Coven's headquarters. This man's name was Dougal, the Voidlight. After finding Seyis, sharing a word with her, he helped transport the group of witches the lengthy distance to The Coven. Where the Apostates would answer for their crime of being Apostates, where Letitia would wake, and where all would take the invaluable time to recover without worry of any other dangers. But that wouldn't last for long, obviously...

~~~

Thus explained where Letitia was now. In this room. She had surmised something like that had happened, as she had quickly gleaned that she was back at The Coven! Which was remarkable, since the distance was quite immense. And would take more than a week's time to travel normally. That meant they had to have aid to travel here, if it had only been a day.. or so. ...Not to mention she had been brought here while she was unconscious. --Traveling around without her knowledge, left a sour taste in her mouth; the simple feeling of being so totally helpless that one was not aware they were being moved like a doll was more than unsettling. It was irritating to the highest degree.

But that wasn't really that it wasn't interesting, or she denied being particularly interested. It was the fact that someone had actually taken such time and effort to bring her home was the real oddity. It showed a sign of caring. And caring was difficult, and, furthermore, dangerous. That was something she had learned long ago. Letitia sat there for a moment, before she had an urge to drink. Apple juice in particular helped her regain magical energy for whatever reason. Heh... She wasn't really certain why that was, but hey.. Couldn't really complain, whatever worked! And apple juice tasted quite sweet! Speaking of which. Sitting there on the nightstand was just that -a glass of the light brown drink. That was shocking! It was as if someone knew her unusual affinity for the fruity drink. Then it struck her. Ah, that made much much more sense!

Lifting the glass to her lips, she noticed the small parchment that had been deliberately placed under the glass. She sipped the sweet drink, then opened the note. It read:

'Meant to talk to you earlier. Couldn't, for obvious reasons. When you are able.. or willing, knowing you, haha. Seek me out. I'll be near The Court. Mission, little lady. And what a doozy this one will be! Ha! Or so I've been told.' -- D.

Yep, that confirmed it. It had been with the aid of her own Courier, that she had arrived back home! That was.. yep, that was irritating. Now she owed him. Her skin prickled in the irritation she knew she would feel. Owing her own sage? Something about that didn't sit quite right with the witch. She sighed, setting the empty glass down, and wiping her lips. Crushing the note she hid it away in her dress, before sliding out of bed.

Letitia was still low on magic, but a teensy bit had returned. Rest had helped. The juice had helped more. Exiting the room, she stepped out into the living quarters. She wasn't sure which room she had been placed in, but Dougal had been known to be a bit mischievous, so she had probably just slept the night in some other witch's bed. Whatever, it was of no consequence. What was on her mind, was Six, was those Apostates, and of course, her next mission. No one but the witch who received the mission, was really supposed to know about the missions. Not that it was feasible they all remain so secretive. Anyway, his little joke in the note was a bit intrusive, since it seemed to indicate he knew. Or, as mentioned, he was mischievous, so it could've just been Dougal being Dougal. Hard to say. Letitia hadn't seen another witch in over 5 months (barring the one's at her most recent mission), so returning to Gateway was going to be quite the trip. Something she had totally been unprepared for. It was actually quite obnoxious. Although Letitia was a dutiful witch of The Coven, she didn't particularly make a habit of spending time with other witches. She tended to do her own thing. Many knew that.

Stepping out into The Coven proper, the entire place opened up. Gateway was a massive estate, on the edge of the world, overlooking ocean on one side, and the mainland on the other. It was located on islands just off the coast, connected by bridges, obscured by magic. Inside was a building both modern, and archaic. It felt like walking through a temple from ancient times, yet it had useful, modern amenities and conveniences. Not to mention the size of the place, and the amount of people there were. Active witches -the numbered ones- were all about the place, if not on missions. Sifting through the library, or wandering the halls, or just hanging about, doing who knows what. Studies, eating, lazying, spell-making, potion-brewing, the like. Then there were the Couriers that were around. Sages from The Collective that made Gateway their primary home. Then of course there were the Pupils and the Acolytes. Untrained and inactive witches. People studying under witches, studying magic, studying ancient texts and tomes, all waiting to become 'active' and made into full-fledged witches with a rank. -And a contract. Not to mention the retired, or the Ancients. Witches who had persisted well beyond their prime. Some of which made up The Murder, but most of which who were simple cross, ornery, smelly crones and hags that littered the place. Some at least active enough to be seers and sibyls. Or some who were at least considerate enough to be mentors, guides, advisers, and counselors. Yep, the place was as bustling, and as noisy as ever. Just as Letitia had remembered it. To be honest, she should've noticed instantly where she was the moment she awoke. This place was so magically charged, that if you had any sense for magic you would be able to feel it tingling against your skin. A mild irritant that those who are new to the magical arts probably would find much much more annoying, than the witches who had been used to such a feeling for decades. Not to mention the magic that permeated the very place seeped within her, giving her a bit of magic charge herself. A plus, at the very least, for returning home.

She scanned the area, wondering what had happened to those Apostates. Truthfully, she had wanted to speak with them long before coming here, but that had obviously not happened. Had they already been processed? Which meant.. had they been dealt with? New Coven Witches? Or... Well, whatever else had befallen them? Dougal most certainly would've brought them here, but it would not have been his job to deal with them afterward. Six might've. Maybe. Yes, Dougal had a new mission for her. -Of course he did, her work was unending as such a high ranked witch.- However, she would postpone it for the moment, as she wanted to deal with the Apostates first. Thinking on it, they would probably be in cells within The Prison. Or they'd be in processing, within The Court. That's where Dougal mentioned being, so they were most likely there. Walking forward, down dank, dark, encroaching halls, she stepped up to The Atrium. A central point within Gateway that had many paths leading to the various important places. Letitia backed up as some rude acolytes chatted away as they walked along, nearly bumping right into her. She stared expecting a simple voiced concern, but neither had even seemed to notice. Did they not see the pin on her? Denoting her rank? "Ugh, impudent, uncivil whelps," she cursed giving them a cold glare. With that, she took the path out of The Atrium towards The Court, where she assumed she'd find the Apostates.

PastelBeauty PastelBeauty Elle Santiago Elle Santiago Shagranoz Shagranoz The Prophet The Prophet ZeiruliousMakavar ZeiruliousMakavar Melon Bomb Melon Bomb

Last edited:
Cascade DuPont
Waking up is no longer the pleasure it was. There is a fleeting moment when Cascade is whole again but it evaporates faster than summer rain off the burnt earth. Her lids that were drooping and leaden with sleep snap open as violently as if she'd been woken by the screams and wailing of an angry mob. By the time her eyes are open her brain has become overwhelmed all over again as if it were all new, fresh, raw. Cascade wished she could linger in that blissful ignorance of waking or else never sleep. Waking up can be really harsh, especially if your dreams are better than reality. The saddest part of it is, though, that eventually even the memory of your dream will fade - if you are even lucky enough to remember it that is.
Then you're left with this lonely feeling of detachment, left to explore in the empty void of emotions. This is the only proof that you ever had the dream to begin with.

~~~

These walls are crumbling. We, meaning Cascade herself, and the guard witches that accompanied her, went inside the complex slow, silent. The air inside was different, and for a moment I was unable to put my finger on why. Then it occurred to me, the smell of sweat was gone, there was no sound of people, nothing but the eerie silence. But that wasn't the worst of it. This place is just walls, walls and giant empty rooms. If Cascade took the edge of her nail she could dig at the softening mortar between the distressed bricks.

It's the damp air that does it she thought. No matter the weather outside the floor is always wet in here; probably an underground spring surfaces just outside the walls. Here, in this dark place, were a couple other sister witches. Apostates, as they called themselves, were hunted by the Coven because the single rule that Coven witches enforced were not placed on Apostates. Apostates were hunted and either killed or recruited, which is why Cascade was here now with others in the Prison awaiting to be processed in Court.

Most species, both known and unknown, bare their teeth as a threat, as a display of their aggression or of their leadership. It is a reminder that these clenched jaws can and will open your yielding throat. That is what Cascade though of these ranked Coven witches, who blatantly ostracized those who weren't a part of their group. Cascade knew how beasts acted all too well with the memory of her mother's last days resurfacing in her mind. Men and witches were no different once hatred, arrogance, and self-imposing worth were corrupting their very beings. These men and witches using sticks and stones build their thrones would face the harsh, cruel, reality that they would be up on those thrones all alone.
Surrounded by four white walls, there was nothing else to do but stare at them. To look at the paint that had started to chip off as time passed, or gouged by other prisoners - anything to pass time, slowly going mad, theorizing absurd meanings from the wall's blank stare.

Our enemies don't just build prison cells they pour pure hatred into the design. This box is more like a coffin with headroom and the only light is what creeps in under the door. The floor is five feet by two, enough to lie down at night with raised knees. The only sound other than inmates banging rhythmically on the walls is the audio they pipe in from the torture rooms, of which there are many. Cascade's stomach lurches, adrenaline pumps and she wants to scream to let out all the fear that's been building inside of her for so long. Cascade wanted to scream so loud it becomes not a cry of fear but a roar of one who has been forged stronger by life's challenges.

There isn't a person alive who doesn't fear being closed in, fear being trapped in darkness, fear the monsters who cage us with fear itself. There isn't a person alive who doesn't love the light of a warm sun upon their face, love the breeze in long grasses, love the sight of new blooms. There is always a fire in our hearts burning for the open air, freedom, the ability to dance in any way we wish. Losing her grip on her senses from the carousel of thoughts, Cascade rose to her feet and inwardly focused her efforts on centering herself.

~~~

Cascade wore a simple, black, cloth dress because her appearance before the Top Rank witches, collectively known as the Murder, was unacceptable. Her long, snowy, white hair was in a simple maiden braid and she was given black dyed boots to wear before speaking with them. Jaded green eyes stared up at the Council awaiting to be processed. They questioned her, if she knew a woman named Yuna, she too had white hair. Cascade swore she knew of no woman by that name nor had any relation to Yuna. Cascade looked up at these women, her thoughts welling up from the deepest recesses of her mind unwillingly.

The Council wanted to save them from hell? These women weren't being honest with her there's no denying the look of 'conform or die' in their eyes. These witches true reason, the deep reason, for any action should be judged by the result instead of the proclaimed intention.

Confused?

Cascade rose a brow as they conversed amongst themselves about her magic. Insidious Earth. Since Cascade had accepted to be a part of the Coven, they discussed what demon she would need to be contracted with. At this, Cascade frowned and with a slight edge to her voice, she spoke up.

"I am already contracted to a demon.
A Demon Lord.
His name is Merihem, Purveyor of Pestilence."

There was a pause, a silence so deafening, that the magic so evident in this place, crackled over her flesh causing goosebumps.
The silence was a poison to them, for in that void of sound the shallowness of their conversation was laid bare. The silence hung in the air like the suspended moment before a falling glass shatters on the ground. The silence was like a gaping void, needing to be filled with sounds, words, anything. The silence was poisonous in it's nothingness, cruelly underscoring how vapid their conversation had become. The silence was eerily unnatural, like a dawn devoid of birdsong. Silence clung to them like a poisonous cloud that at any moment could choke the life from them. Silence seeped into their every pore, like a poison slowly paralyzing them from either speech or movement. Cascade waited, bated breath, for a response when finally, she found only one.

They did not looked ... pleased, which was an understatement of the century. Murmurs, hushed angry tones, more judgement.
Why did these witches, who collectively studied magic, what made them all connected in the vast universe, judge her so?
The deep motivation, Cascade assumed, had to be fear of the Apostates and Defectors and fear of the magical power difference. There was nothing to control if the Apostates could control. - So the true intention was the Apostates destruction, that was the result.

Corrupt ideas are dangerous if they let us hide behind a false nobility while doing barbaric things. The bad news is it makes the manipulation of people, of populations, simple too. Judgement was almost over, the sentence about to be given when Cascade felt a tug on her magic, her very being.

"Merihem?"

"Not I Maiden ... The Dark One. The Nightess."

Cold. Unyielding. Guarded and calculative, these were not her traits but the traits of another. Slowly Cascade's emerald eyes slid over to the dark, brooding, elegant female making her way into The Court. Cascade's body hummed with the Latin spell, the spell binding these two, if the other felt anything at all.
No reaction except annoyance, irritation coming off of the young, dark-haired witch.

The twenty-one year old witch, Cascade, with a bow of her head, showed her deepest respects for the Sister Witch that she had saved from Awakening. Cascade even helped aid her in defeating Ao Meira by destroying his mirror in the caverns below, and hopefully helped return the earth to its' original self. Something told her, that everything turned out all right.

" I see you are well. "

In the quietest voice Cascade could muster, she directed it towards the Nightess. Hands clasped in front of her Cascade returned her focus to the Council.
It was when she drew her attention away from the dark one, that Cascade began to think of an eternal oath to not only herself, but to this young one as well.

It was an oath that bound them for life. Not the kind you make in front of some stuffy judge, it was the kind you make with spit and blood. It was the kind that transcended the mess of every day life to strike an unbreakable bond. Cascade knew that she would watch over this dark one, even if it meant her own destruction.
You, Dark One, have journeyed through this life, not on calm seas, but in storms that would have shattered many. It is something for you to be proud of, to hold onto, to help you to see yourself the way you really are. There is something about giving of yourself that makes your heart burn all the brighter and ignites your soul.

You, Nightess, extended your hand, in your broken mind, in the beginning of your newly Awakened end and stayed while Cascade showed you the scars, the mess, the fear. True healing takes time, there are no magic wands for deep pain. Cascade let out a breath that she had been holding and vowed that she was going to try to be reliable, no promises, but she knew by now, that her word meant something. Kindness is that of what we are made of and yet have no part of it when it comes to whichever event. Sometimes its none-existent yet sometimes its almost physical. It was just going to be hard for the Nightess to trust someone other than herself.

Cascade was growing uncomfortable. Wiggling her toes in the shoes as they began to itch and become irritated from the material she just hoped that the sentence would be short and sweet. Hunger pains gnawed at her and time ticked by, crawling to the next minute, then to the next hour. It wasn't long before her mind trailed again to the outside world. The old, yellow and brown leaves hustled in the wind, as the sounds of dead, weak trees, creak at every push the wind gave. It's the end of fall and the air is colder than an ice cube. The crumpling of the brown stiff leaves creates a home to many animals that need a place to hid during this time of empty sorrow. The birds have ceased to sing no more and it has always been Cascade's best friend. It has been her rock and foundation of her life ever since she lost her loving mother.

However, it was not that time of year and Cascade snapped to attention when they ranked her as 46 in the Coven. Good. Death wasn't ever going to be an option.

Thalia_Neko Thalia_Neko Elle Santiago Elle Santiago The Prophet The Prophet ZeiruliousMakavar ZeiruliousMakavar Melon Bomb Melon Bomb

Letitia Darkchild
1519761177247.png

It was a short time later, as Letitia finally stepped into the large circular room. A muggy, oppressive feeling hanging about the air. For obvious reasons, as The Murder sat in half-circular formation up on their thrones, looking down upon the indicted below. Their gazes gleaming like cat-eyes in the gloom. They always made things quite grand didn't they? They seemed to enjoy the dictatorial grip they held over the rest of The Coven. Well, they were the one's in power. Letitia even noticed One sitting up there. How lucky of her; such a venerated position for a lowly active Witch. A place upon the council granted to the one to reach Rank One. Though the Top 5 did often have their say respected in more serious matters. Anyway, the way this was all set up... It all gave Letitia quite a queasy, uneasy feeling deep in the pit of her stomach. Her eyes found the Apostate that had aided her in Ao Meira's defeat. Or, perhaps Letitia noticed her more due to that spell that had staved off her Awakening. She noticed a look coming her way from the Apostate. Which simply made Letitia flash her a vexed look in return. It seemed a word would be shared with her after the solemn judging. Thus Letitia gave them all a nod, before turning and stepping back out of the room, to hang about and wait.

Leaning against the wall, the dark-haired witch found herself lost in thought. She hadn't even noticed the thuds of footsteps coming up to her. Stepping towards her the voice bellowed, "Boo!" Causing Letitia to let out a surprised squeak, when the man placed himself in front of her. Blinking, she looked up at him, as he simply chuckled. "Well, then, Miss Four. Did I startle you?"

"Yes!" Letitia squeaked out, trying to regain her composure. A-augh, it was just Dougal: her Courier..!

"Such reaction from you, is quite abnormal... What's got you spooked?" The man inquired with an intrigued tone, placing a curved finger across his lips, staring down at the witch between him and the wall.

"N-nothing!" Letitia growled. That was a lie. Even though a lot of her magical power had returned. It was far from being completely back. She hadn't even been able to sense him coming. The witch was still very much weakened, and felt very vulnerable, as this was unprecedented for her; the worried feeling gnawing at her, as she was at an her lowest, when her life could be in jeopardy. Thankfully she was currently in The Coven, where she was protected. Obviously he was partly to thank for that. "S-so.. T-thanks, D-Dougal," she grumbled, a light red crossing her pale cheeks, as she pouted just saying something like that. Before he could respond -barring the smug smirk that crossed his face-, she asked, "Another mission then? So soon?" The smug smirk didn't escape her. It was obvious he was teasing her just smirking like that. She never really could tell when her Courier was being genuinely kind, or simply messing with her. It made her frustrated. And it wasn't the first time Letitia found the policy of allowing men, in particular, in The Coven to be disingenuous. Not that teasing of all things was a male trait. Far from it... It reminded her of Yuna..

"Yes, ma'am. A witch's work is never done, oh boy oh boy," Dougal mused, with the shake of his head. "Sorry it has to come so soon; since you're not quite recovered from your previous one... But the Darkness is unending, and we must be ever vigilant!" He spoke with a regal, elegant flourish, that just made Letitia cutely pout before him even more. With a laugh, he dropped the act, "-Boy, that mission One sent you on, must've been quite the doozy to have you all vulnerable like this in front of me!" He reached forward, "I daresay even I could take you right now!" His hands fell upon her shoulders when he said that.

Letitia let out a squeal, and knocked his hands off of her, her red blush quickly overtaking her face. Dougal laughed darkly in front of her, before reaching into his pockets, and pulling out an envelope. "My apologies, but I've been told this one is imperative." He was solemn, and his tone was ugly. The envelope he extended out towards her was completely black, save for the bright red intricate runic seal. A Black Job was one that came before all else. One had to stop everything they were doing, and immediately do the job this note said. The urgency was critical.

He handed the letter off to her. Apprehensive, Letitia took it, staring down at the Black Job before her, feeling an ominous grip upon her heart. An unreasonable fear compelled her to wait to open it, despite it was stressed that it was to be dealt with immediately. "Well?" Dougal piped up beside her. Provoking a scowl up at him from the short witch. Though, she supposed she had stared long enough. 'What are you? A big baby? No! I'm the Fourth!' With a sigh, she finally just sucked it up. Letitia's sensibilities as a loyal Coven Witch quickly outweighed any personal need to safeguard herself. Cutting the seal with a spark of magic, that sizzled straight through it quickly, she opened and withdrew the note. Unfolding the red paper, her eyes laid upon the job contained therein.

Her eyes widened, and Letitia gasped with sharp breath, instantly shaking. "N...no..." she whispered, note falling from her hand; the red little paper landing on the cold, cobbled floor. It said a single word. Come. But it hadn't need to. She immediately understood what this was. Fear hadn't obstructed her from seeing the note for long, but she wished it had. As a new fear seeped into her. One that was much much worse. A thousand times worse. Black Jobs were always known to be extremely taxing, stress-inducing, and dangerous, but no whispers about their devilry could have prepared her for this.

Yuna.

Her Courier leaned down, blinking at the 'blank' note. "Black Jobs certainly live up to their reputation, if this one's got you so locked up." He asked, "Well? What is it?"

His question sparked irritation through her. Where was his decorum?! His empathy?! Couldn't he see the effect it had on her?! Besides, missions were usually private -especially Black Jobs. Save for missions that required partners, or multiple witches, but even then, missions often had this air of secrecy about them. Not that this rule ever seemed to be kept by Sages. They always seemed to stick their nose in where it didn't belong. Couriers often seemed like they had the simple right to know what it was they were handing off. Previously Dougal, himself, had made it seemed like he already knew what her mission was. So, his question.. was he still just messing with her?! What was the point of that?! "It is none of your business!" she callously growled, spiking with anger.

He stepped back, taken somewhat off guard. "Yikes! Testy testy! Unbecoming of such an adorable young lady! Tsk tsk, Miss Four! You really do need to learn how to be more refined and delicate! Ha! -Well, then! I suspect that's my cue to leave." He waved once, "Until we meet again, Miss Letitia." He finally said his farewells, while reminding her icily with a final word, that this job was more important than her life. Before once again, disappearing back to the beyond, wherever he had come from. Her Courier had quite the knack for disappearing into thin air. Letitia sighed, Dougal was a strange man, but she could admit to herself, that she enjoyed him as her Courier. -Not something she'd admit openly!- Still, she currently wasn't feeling so lively. Looking down at the blackened envelope in her in her hand, she was frozen. Rooted to the spot. This feeling, akin to the one Ao Meira's magic had gripped her with.

Dougal
1519766583552.png
PastelBeauty PastelBeauty Elle Santiago Elle Santiago Shagranoz Shagranoz The Prophet The Prophet ZeiruliousMakavar ZeiruliousMakavar Melon Bomb Melon Bomb SilentRain SilentRain

Last edited:
Catherine was a little nervous, she had to admit. After tonight, she'd be a full-fledged member of the coven. A lot of rights and prestige, certainly, but a lot of responsibility, Was she ready for the challenges that lay ahead?

You'll do fine. Azorgathal's voice echoed in her mind. Besides, that business with the darkspot was an emergency. Every Witch and Sage they could scrounge up was needed. Your first few official missions won't be that dangerous. They want you to survive as much as you do.

Azorgathal's words calmed the corruptive witch, and she waited for them to call her name. "Catherine Delacroix, step forth. What is the nature of your magic?"

"My magic is that of corruption."

"Be you bound to a spirit?"

"Indeed I am, to Azorgathal, Demon Prince of Temptation."

The other witches looked to each other, but it seemed to be a mere formality. "Catherine Delacroix, you have been found worthy to join the Coven. Add your mana to our own."

Trembling, Catherine reached into her soul and pulled forth the tiniest bit of mana, adding it to the great cauldron. "As your mana has joined with ours, so you have joined with us. We admit you to our ranks, with all the right and responsibilities implied."

Caelyn Amarkiir

Caelyn sat and watched, as she observed the new members being indicted in silence from the shadows. She didn't know much about them, so she stayed to the sides, observing. As the proceedings went on, she then moved to go outside, to get some fresh air. She stretched a bit slightly as she did, slowly moving along the ground, to those who didn't pay attention, it would almost like like she was gliding along the ground however, due to her long, and traditional looking, dress that she was wearing at the time.

Caelyn stared for a bit at many of the buildings and halls that made up where many of the Witches called home. Though she too had been calling the place her home away from home for a few years now, she still felt no attachment to the place, and only returned when called upon. Either for a mission, or any important meetings. Granted, this time she hadn't returned for either of those reasons, instead she had came after hearing whispers of an Apostate being on the grounds. She didn't know if it was the apostate in chains being tried at the time, or if some other Apostates had found their way into the place. This amused her, as she glanced over at The Court, where she assumed the apostates were. She was half tempted to head there herself, to observe that as well, but a part of her told her that it would be better to stay away.

Maddox Gwrtheyrnson
Wood Man.jpg

Walking through the candle lit halls of Gateway Maddox was returning from a small outing, checking on a few of the neighboring fae communities. Powerful fluctuations of magic had sent many of the fair species into a panic. He hadn't experienced this grand of a migration of fae that had fled far from their homes who only felt that it was safe now to return... Something had happened, and obviously not for the better. Still if he wanted to know he would have to look through the mission logs to correlate them between the events that had occurred.

However this had meant returning to the Gateway... A place he truly loathed. Dimly lit rooms of stuffy air and poor lighting, and not a hint of wildlife if one ignored familiars in their entirety. The lack of green here disturbed him, it was why he tended to avoid large cities as much as possible. The cluster was often worse than the looks he received from the regular humans. His twisted and changed features were considered the traits of a monster to many folk, but he had long since stopped caring what others thought. What was more bothering was the looks he would get from fellow sages. His traits among the newly initiated had always caused them to remember tales of awakened beings, of which he was certainly not.

The magic Maddox practiced was at heart a concept of change. He could influence all plants, change their shapes, their durability, their lifespan. However, as his magic changed that upon which he practiced, if large enough it would also change himself. So far his skin had become a pale green and a rough texture like bark. His hands had become large and clawed. His eyes were a vibrant jade without any pupils and lastly, his ears had become long and pointed reaching almost past the back of his head. Maddox could understand their fear; as almost all beings were inherently afraid of change. However, he was dissatisfied with their unwillingness to accept change after it's occurrence.

------------------------------------------

Pausing in his steps Maddox sighed for perhaps the hundredth time. He had definitely passed this corner before, having seen the same painting four times prior. He was lost once again.... He truly, truly, despised this large building. So once again he walked to the intersection ahead and turned right. Heading down the hall he finally saw a different view.

A black-haired witch standing there seemingly petrified in his eyes. Whether it was fear, disbelief, or some other emotion. She seemed pained. Seeing the black envelope in her hand he new that whatever it was it couldn't be good. So lowly chanting under his breath he held his hand underneath one of the small saplings growing from his mossy cloak and whispered " Tha mi a 'sireadh ur cuideachadh math Luis, thu a tha a' dìon, thu a tha làidir, tha mi a 'sireadh do threòrachadh airson dìreach greis bheag. Èist ri mo mhiann, gheibh mi mo ghairm. Bidh mi a 'feitheamh ... airson greiseag a bharrachd."

[ OOC: This roughly translates to " I seek your assistance great Luis, You who protects, you who stands strong, I seek your guidance for just a little while more. Hear my wish, receive my call. I'll be waiting.. for a little while more." Luis is the Ogham word for the Rowan tree. ]

As he did so, a small basket gradually wove itself from the growing sapling until a small woven basket rested in his palm. With a small snap he disconnected the basket from the tip of the sapling and then chanted again once more. " Tha mi a 'gairm air cloinn nan Ruis mhòir, glic mar ainm, caoimhneil ann an sgaradh. Tha mi a 'guidhe airson do chuid eòlais aon uair eile a bhith a' cur às do mo charaid neo-aithnichte. Beannaichte be ainm dhut, is dòcha gu bheil mi daonnan airidh air stiùireadh. Tapadh leibh airson a 'bheannachaidh seo." This time from another sapling small blackish-blue berries began to form, he kept the small amount of magic he was using flowing until a large bushel, that was just big enough to fill the bottom of the basket was formed.

[ OOC: This chant roughly translates to " I call on the children of the great Ruis, wise in name, kind in parting. I wish for your knowledge once more to assuage my unknown friend. Holy be thy name, may I always be worthy of guidance. Thank you for this blessing." Ruis is the Ogham word for Elder trees. The berries are thus Elderberries. ]

Continuing his walk forward towards the witch and as he passed, he set the basket at her feet. Truth be told this gesture had twin meanings to him. The first was that he was hoping that this act of kindness would help her get through whatever pain she was suffering. The second was as an unspoken offering to the god he followed, asking for his help in giving her the protection she needed, but also the strength to continue and forge onward. Not speaking a word he continued to pass by looking through the door, seeing new initiates possibly, he wondered to whom he would be assigned. It had been quite a while since his last witch. He wondered if he would know them for long, or if he would have another grave to lay flowers at in a while. He had far too many as it was. The only thing as large as Gateway after all... was it's graveyard.

Sighing again, Maddox continued forward, his search for the office where mission reports were filed away of the most recent witch excursions. Maybe he could find some clues as to what had happened. It would help a lot in trying to placate fae who had become riled due to the migration.

PastelBeauty PastelBeauty Elle Santiago Elle Santiago Shagranoz Shagranoz The Prophet The Prophet ZeiruliousMakavar ZeiruliousMakavar Melon Bomb Melon Bomb

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back