• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy The Coven ic

OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Other
Here

q5WfH66.png

0eb956a3f1b444767e22880ba78af156.png

Seyis disliked returning to the Coven. The other Witches, few ranked and many unranked, liked to fix a wary glance in her direction as well as give her a wide berth. It made walking the filled halls of the Gateway much easier, yes, but she craved the company of friends and her Coven Sisters. Being a single-digit witch made it difficult for others to approach her, even when in such a safe setting. She had old friends, of course, but some friendships drifted away. Most were dead. It didn’t help that she had the title of ‘The Executioner’, well-known killer of Awakened Beings. It wasn’t much of a surprise why she’d be alone.

Case in point, when she handed off the white-haired apostate witch to the prison guards, the prison guards were a tad intimidated. They weren’t quaking in their boots (if they were, they had no right to be guards), but Seyis did feel their apprehension. It really wouldn’t surprise her if the other witches talked about her as if she was a living warning. Maybe, they’d say: ‘Beware your Awakened forms. The power of Demons are enticing, filled with the promise of eternal magic. If you are caught in their trap, then your humanity will be gone. You might believe, in your inhumane mind, that you’ve made the right decision. Perhaps, you’d kill fellow Witches and other civilians because you could. But know this. The Executioner comes for the Awakened. You will never be bound by death for she will be your Mistress.’

Still, all that reputation, while good, made it difficult to acquire actual friends to spend time with, spar with, talk about magic with, and maybe have a drink with until she, as the common people liked to say, was absolutely shit-faced to the point she wouldn’t remember the previous night to have happened at all. But, alas, the fates of the world conspired her to be alone forever, only spending company with her constructs that she’d made a habit of talking to as if they were real people. If you looked at it from a certain angle, you’d realize Seyis was talking to herself, which was all sorts of pathetic, really.

Maybe that was why she found herself in the Court, watching the proceedings going about. Seyis didn’t bother with these, normally; usually, her Courier would deliver the missions to her, and she’d give him the rundown of her missions in turn, then he’d wish her good luck and go about his way to return to the Coven to deliver the news. Her interactions with her Courier had always been business-like. He was always nervous, though, but he was good at his job, which, in turn, was good enough for her.

Seeing this event first hand was interesting to Seyis, however. It was what she’d imagine the court of nobility would be if they had magic and had magic powerful enough to topple mountains. It wasn’t pretty, all these backdoor politic stuff never were, but it gave insight to current relevant happenings and what kind of people ran the Coven. What Seyis saw in the Murder, she didn’t like, but she was definitely curious about the apostate she helped bring in. From what Seyis remembered, Cascade DuPont (as she told the Coven) was impressive. The nitty-gritty action, she didn’t really notice considering she was too busy killing Lesser Demons, but with her having survived that encounter, well, it was certainly something.

Also, DuPont silenced the Murder. If Seyis wasn’t trained in the arts of nobility, no doubt she’d have to stifle a laugh. But, she was trained, so only the corner of her lips twitched, and if one was specifically looking at her at that moment in time, they wouldn’t be able to know if that twitch signified amusement or displeasure at DuPont’s sheer gall.

Seyis was pleased, though. DuPont didn’t die. Friends might well still be in order if the newly christened Witch didn’t hold a grudge over handing her over to the Prison. Considering that her curiosity was sated, at least momentarily, she walked out of the Court halls then felt surprised. It was the Fourth, looking quite sick. She felt worry for her fellow Witch, with some apprehension mixed in. The almost-Awakening the Fourth had was something she wouldn’t forget so soon. To have her standing upright now was a testament to her willpower to live. Seyis admired that.

She walked towards the Fourth, wanting to ask if it was alright for her to go about in her current state, then Seyis saw it: the Black Envelope. ‘Well, that’s why she looked sick. Anyone would be.’ Seyis picked the letter up from the ground, her eyebrows furrowing into a frown before holding the parchment back to the other Witch. “I believe you’ve dropped this.” She gave a small smile even if a Black Envelope wasn’t something to smile about.

Then that smile froze when she saw something large tromping about. The hair on her skin stood on its end, and she began to tap on her still recovering magic to summon her Knight. But then she saw his features under that moss, failed to feel the oppressive magic of Awakened Beings, and realized that she was, currently, in the safest location there possibly was. Silently, she watched him go about his business, taking a step back from the basket that grew from… somewhere.

When he was gone (or at least far away), Seyis turned her attention back to the other single-digit Witch. “I’m glad to see you out and about, Fourth––Letitia.” She corrected. Habits were a bit difficult to break. “It meant that my effort to carry you over such a large distance while dead on my feet after that affair with the Darkspot wasn’t such a bad investment of my time and strength, after all.”

Mentions:
Thalia_Neko Thalia_Neko

Last edited:
Letitia Darkchild
1519884372283.png

Familiar thunder rumbled overhead, alerting Letitia to her senses. Blinking, she looked up. She didn't immediately recognize her surroundings, taking a glance around. The black-haired witch found herself up on some solemn, somber outcropping. Beneath her feet the gray rock was cracked and loose. Looking up, she saw the vast distance before her, indicating she was high up.

"Letitia," a voice came. One that made her freeze instantly. No. Not possible.. Turning, sure enough, there before her, was a familiar witch in a white dress. As beautiful as ever. Letitia's eyes teared up just gazing upon such brilliance.

"This means you received my letter," Yuna spoke in a gentle tone. As she always used to. "That Courier of yours is quite efficient." She commented with a minor compliment that didn't sound too sincere. Cocking her head in the cutest manner, half-smiling at her fellow witch, Yuna spoke again, "I've been looking forward to seeing you for quite some time.. I've missed you for a very long time, my dear Letitia. Please. Hurry to me. I await you here."

Each word she stepped closer towards Letitia, white heels eerily making no noise you'd expect on the hard rock she walked on. Yuna ended her words just before the short dark witch, running her finger up under Letitia's chin, raising it up. At 'here', her lips lowered and found Letitia's.

~~~

Suddenly she jolted back to her senses. Blinking, there was an odd basket sitting at her feet. That was the first thing her eyes noticed, but it wasn't the first thing she noticed. Oh no. What she felt... was a heat. A warmth on her lips, and a strange yearning in her chest. Her fingers came up to touch her lips, before she realized she wasn't where she had been. Nope, she was within The Coven, not on some mountain top.

After realizing that, Letitia inspected the basket quickly, wondering just what its purpose was. Evidently someone had set it there, since it wasn't hers. Well, it was set there for her. If she was to guess. Then she recognized a witch was speaking to her. Her green orbs focused on the woman in front of her. Looking from her face, then to her extended hand. Letitia drew in a breath she hadn't known she was holding, feeling her heart pounding irregularly; ever since she 'read' the job she had been given. The voice in front of her, spooked her. The ranked four of the Coven registered she was no longer holding the little note. With some trepidation, her hand extended forward and took the note from Six. Swallowing, she closed her eyes, trying to settle herself, holding the envelope and the note to her chest. Something she would never have done otherwise, but she was feeling very vulnerable.

Letitia's breath began to calm, and she hid the Black Job away within her clothing. Douglas's magical signature was long gone. There was no confronting him on this. This job was absolute, and tailor-made specifically for her. Usually witches took their jobs and were happy about them, but it wasn't unheard of for a witch to counter-argue their need or usefulness on some jobs, and having those jobs given to other more suited witches. This, though, was not such a case. The Black Job was absolute. No arguments. No questions. You had to take it, and you had to do it as quickly as possible.

This one more so than some as well...

Despite, being such a dutifully loyal witch, Letitia found she was fighting with herself. Nature and loyalty clashed inside; she was already weakened from the fight with the Darkspot and Ao Meira. This type of strain put too much on her, and her magical recovery was suffering for it.

The only magical signature she was noticing at the moment -well, besides the lingering one from the basket at her feet- was the Single Digit before her. Letitia regarded Six with... mild nervousness, unsure of how to react. She forewent any thanks owed Six, opting to speak of the basket at her feet. "Did you set that there? If so, you may take it back.. I do not need it." With that, Letitia turned and brushed Six out of her way. "They just finished the ceremony of adding the new witches's magic power to the cauldron. They have been given their numbers as well." With Cascade being made rank 46, and Catherine rank 47, respectfully. Walking forward, she mused, "We should probably introduce ourselves to the new recruits... for propriety's sake." Or whatever. This was more or less a tradition of Single Digits. One, in particular, made it a point the newest witches all met her and got very familiar with who she was. One often served as a mentor to newbies. Not something that particularly interested Letitia, but whatever. She wasn't one to want to explain anything to others. Including a rank who was close to her own. So, Letitia made her way to see the Aposta- er - the new recruits, after the ceremony that had initiated them into The Coven proper. At least that was good, she wasn't going to be required to kill any Apostates today. She wasn't really in the mood.

PastelBeauty PastelBeauty Elle Santiago Elle Santiago Shagranoz Shagranoz The Prophet The Prophet ZeiruliousMakavar ZeiruliousMakavar Melon Bomb Melon Bomb SilentRain SilentRain

Caelyn Amarkiir

Caelyn continued to stare at the Court for a while longer, as she soon noticed the two single digits near her, something that was causing Shadow to grow silent. Which wasn't something that he normally did, even around the top brass of the Coven. This worried her for a moment, before she recognized the two of them. Letitia Darkchild, the current number 4, and Seyis, the current number six. She watched them with mild interest for a bit, mostly curious about the one they called Executioner. She had heard rumors about her, but none of them she was eager to find out the truth about.

Caelyn continued to observe them, as she had noticed that Letitia had received a black envelope, presumably from her courier. When a small grey coloured gremlin like creature approached her. She made a glance at it, noticing it was one of the many small spirits she had collected, and began using as her own personal army of observers and couriers. She didn't need companionship from a Coven given Courier because of this, but she would make no move against them i they saw fit to assign her one. Which, luckily they had not. Returning her focus to the small gremlin, as it began grunting and chipping at her, which seemed to be the language of that particular type of gremlin.

She listened silently to it, before smiling softly. "I see." She finally said, holding out her hand as if she had a roll of tobacco between her fingers. "Then let's get to work shall we?" She said, as the gremlin turned to a shadowy smoke, which in turn vanished between her fingers. Taking one last glance back at the two single digit witches, she then turned to head out on her first mission in ages. There was rumors going around that someone had found pages from the original Lemegeton, something she needed for her and Shadow's plan to work.

Elle Santiago Elle Santiago Thalia_Neko Thalia_Neko

Cascade DuPont
1002183c4cc460cd559295850e36861a.jpg
When the pressure of her day is inside, not like a tangled knot but like a ticking bomb, Cascade needs to let it explode somewhere safe. She needs to go somewhere it can't do lasting damage. After the shock dissipates and her heart returns to its steady, almost bored, Cascade turns and looks at the Fourth and the woman who brought her to the Prison. So...these were her sisters in arms...How disappointing that they are subservient to witches who were so evil as to kill Apostates that were merely sisters practicing on their own, either peacefully or not. Cascade didn't judge anyone unless their actions of evil spoke for themselves and she saw it with her own eyes. Yet, here they were walking up to greet themselves and she felt cold...she was having second thoughts about...saving the Nightess and then being brought here to the Coven. Magic here was tamed. Ranked. Either deemed worthless or not good enough unless you contracted with a demon.

"So. These are the women I meet after judgement. My captor. The woman I saved. How fitting. It's a pleasure to meet you both. Properly, I assume now that I am not deemed evil. By your standards of course..."

A distinctive hollow ring, empty and practiced. Like an echo, a voice that could never quite claim itself to be something of its own. Repeat, repeat, repeat. That’s all she could do. All she would hear. Bound to reverberate if she were to create too big a stir. It's like a void. A dark void. A never ending dark void that consumes everything, so your left feeling nothing. Empty. Nothing to subside your hollow soul that creeps in the shadows, away from any other human life because it's emptiness is so consuming it cannot bare to pretend that everything is okay. Nothing is okay! People walk around this earth each day and pretend that everything is okay, and it always will be. Why can't we all just admit that we are just hollow plastic dolls with a painted happy face revealing no guilt, sadness, emptiness - emotion.

Cascade then smiled, she couldn't find herself being happy here. Nothing was green and while she could feel the stone and rock beneath her feet, nothing seemed alive and able to breathe. She walked up to Seyis and Letitia and gave a small bow.

"My apologies for my sudden lack of empathy. It has been a long trial and days spent in the Prison. Forgive me if I sound crass and upset. I hope that we can put this little...situation behind us and move forward as a team."

Cascade has always been a giver, warm and loving. Even as a child she never cried, seeking to make others happy. Often people sought her in times of trouble and she gave all she had - her whole heart and showered love upon them. By age nine adults leant on Cascade, told her of their woes and she was their spark of light. Yet when her time to suffer came, when her world was a hurricane of ice, every light but one switched off. All but one offered a skinny love, shallow and brief, before finding a reason to excuse their flight. But maybe that's the way it had to be, one light to follow, no choice but to walk toward love and truth. Perhaps the road toward heaven feels like hell. Because Cascade can tell you she never felt more empty in mind, body or soul, never so bereft of any comfort. Cascade had never felt so worthless or disposable, never so wretched and cold. For hours she would have no emotion, only an urge to move fast; before she would fall to the floor in grief. It was this memory of her childhood clashing with the present. Here spending time in the Prison she had felt what it would be like to be prosecuted and deemed unholy and evil...but never would she have imagined it being deemed so by her own people.

Moments of emptiness still come like an ambush, yet in company of a true friend a real smile can return, a real laugh, real warmth. Cascade can't give much yet, but at least now Cascade knows who to give it to. She knows who is safe.

"Both of you by know my name. Cascade DuPont the once Apostate, now Rank 46 Coven witch. I didn't catch the both of your names. Mind telling me?"

Cascade crossed her arms over her chest, the simple black dress hiding her beautiful curves. Her jade eyes seemed a bit hollow and she was a bit skinnier due to being in the Prison for some time and being around an extremely stressful area and her eyes seemed red rimmed as though she had recently cried, but it was due to lack of sleep. She looked at Fourth and Seyis both in turn prompting them for their names.

She was assigned a Courier by the Coven and they had mentioned the name of Maddox. They gave a picture of him and told her that she would need to go seek him in his study. Now his office was where he recorded missions and had many bookshelves. The bookshelves seemed like they would collapse any moment under the pressure of the numerous books and files stuffed into them. Each one with a label, organised in neat rows on the shelves. All four walls of the room were covered with shelves and filing cabinets, leaving only a small gap in the middle for the door. In the middle of the room was a table and a chair. A slumped figure sat on the chair. The huge piles of books on his table cast a heavy shadow on him. His face never looked up from the book and his hands never stopped writing. A constant sound of pencil scratching against paper echoed through the room. She could see him in her mind's eye and she smiled. He was a Changeling. Part of the forest and earth and she couldn't help but feel at some sort of peace. She would most definitely have to meet him where he was now. In his study. She would love to have introduce herself to him first, but she had the business of meeting two of her new witchly sisters.

She could do her duty by day, but at night Cascade would take time for herself and become accustomed to being here in the Coven. Take time to recuperate in her quarters or receive mission to do what she had no idea. However, she would suspect that her Courier would know what the lesser mission statement would state.

Thalia_Neko Thalia_Neko Elle Santiago Elle Santiago SilentRain SilentRain

Letitia Darkchild
1520280447993.png

Ah, good. That solved that little issue. Instead of having to walk up to the new recruit, she came over herself! Perfect! Letitia never really enjoyed these little meetings. She always felt estranged, and forcing her own self to communicate with newbies was more than tiresome and annoying. Yet, she would still have to. The tiniest of smiles formed its way upon her lips, trying to be cordial. Looking up at the taller woman, she spoke candidly, "I am Letitia Darkchild, ranked Four in The Coven." She tapped the pin upon her breast. "This is Six," she said, motioning to the other witch at her side. She was sincerely glad this witch had decided to join The Coven. Killing her for being an Apostate would have left a sour taste in even Letitia's dutiful mouth. "I suppose I should offer my th.. thanks to you Ap-, Forty-Six." She gave her a small nod. "You helped me return from that pit of darkness. It is no minor thing. For that I am grateful." She motioned behind her. "I heard there would be a... p-p-party," she murmured, finding herself struggling to say that last word. It felt coarse on her tongue. Such a thing was usually unheard of in The Coven. Witches were often too dour and haughty to enjoy something as trite as a party. Nor did Letitia think she herself particularly deserved one, which would mean she wouldn't really be able to enjoy it, but alas. Trying to ignore it, she continued on, "For the newest of recruits. Perhaps we should head towards the Great Hall for the banquet?" She waved her hand to them, beginning to lead them away. "Come," she spoke to the other witches. She paused, wondering what to do with the basket. Speaking up while stalling, she mentioned, "Or perhaps you'd like to retire to your room for a brief spell? I know there will be witches who are getting ready for the party." She looked herself over. Again, she wasn't so sure she deserved to enjoy a party, but perhaps the black dress she wore was too grave for such a situation?

PastelBeauty PastelBeauty Elle Santiago Elle Santiago Shagranoz Shagranoz The Prophet The Prophet ZeiruliousMakavar ZeiruliousMakavar Melon Bomb Melon Bomb SilentRain SilentRain

Maddox Gwrtheyrnson

Wood Man.jpg

The old office... After having spent literal hours searching the corridors for the records office he had arrived just for them to tell him that he had been assigned to him and that the case he had been searching for was also related to her, thus the files he wished to view, or rather copies of them were in his office. The sheer frustration of that conversation had made more than a few of the veins on his arms and forehead swell. ''I honestly didn't mean to scare the poor man that much..'' :Muttered Maddox. It was just hard to not to be angry at having wasted so much of his time searching for something, only to be sent away without really a second thought.

He wondered what number 46 would be like. It was rare that he was assigned to much lower ranked Coven members. So there must be something special at least. He would have to run tests on her. Slow and methodical, get an accurate idea of her abilities, habits, likes, dislikes, and see how she works in coordination with a group. See what kind of mental state she possessed and hopefully, just hopefully he could assign her missions that would allow her ample progress. It was too often in his opinion that The Murder would assign too high of a level mission to the wrong witch, and they would end up burying another corpse. He would try his best to regulate her growth as a person, and 'try' to give her a suitable career track to pursue.

However that would all occur in a bit. For now it was time to head to his office and review her new file and the mission report. Hopefully the illusory wards were still in place. He hadn't renewed them in a half a year so they should be fine, but who knows what pranks the non-numbered witches in training would play. It was hard to be angry with them though. Most of them were still quite young. It had become commonplace for those with magical potential to be snagged away as soon as they were found, or a few years later if they were infants. It seemed they came in younger and younger each year. He wondered the reasoning. It was quite baffling, but he shouldn't dwell on it too much. Often not, those were the kind of thoughts that brought you under the dangerous eyes of 'upper management'. Until a problem arises it would be best to stay quiet about it.

So were Maddox's thoughts as he began walking to his office.
-------------------

It took just over half an hour to arrive at his office, and the only reason for that was because he could recognize and trace his own magical signature just based off sense and feel alone. Walking in it would truly look like a typical office, neat floors, a nice desk in the center with a few knick-knacks of his own flavoring, and plenty of shelves filled with reading materials. However, this was all just a well made façade. Smiling for the first time today Maddox stepped forward into the room and simply tapped the center of what appeared to be a dark mahogany desk, and from where his finger touched. The 'magic' slowly began. On the center of his desk was a personal hidden magic formation that was based, once more, on the concept of change and illusions. Touching it caused the circle to activate and the room itself seemed to crumble inwards,cracks and tears beginning to spread all around in the very air itself, as if reality was breaking. Then, like falling snowflakes, the illusion fell away and the room was completely different.

The books on the shelves around the room all disappeared, and in their place appeared bottles upon bottles of herbs, flowers, dirt samples, rock samples. Everything from the eyeball of a common newt to an bottled mandrake flower were on those shelves. In the center of the room the desk for the most part was the same, except there was chemistry equipment of all kinds; all geared towards extracting the essences from various plants and objects. On the walls, every square inch of space was covered with tribal masks, fae related objects, ritual pieces, insect collections and much, much more.

Maddox sought to study life, with which his magic was so intricately intertwined with. To do so, what would keeping all those books around do? Yes he did research in the libraries, but personal experience was much more invigorating and exciting. Just thinking about the things he could do in this office excited him. However, he still hated being here. It was stifling! He could never stay here for too long without going crazy. He wanted to see the natural phenomena as they occurred! To be outside with life as it changed. He felt compelled to be with nature. It was what he lived and strived for! To experience change! One could only stay in an office for so long before one grew stir crazy. It was why he usually limited his stays here at Gateway to a month or three at most when research was required.

Glancing at the folder with the mission report laying on his desk, he tapped his fingers against the wood rhythmically before he began to slowly peruse through it's contents. The more he read however, the more the frown lines on his forehead became pronounced. Something quite dire had occurred, it was truly no wonder that the fae community had moved. With such a large darkspot having come into existence it would without a doubt bring change. Turning his head to glance at the small file of number Forty-Six he flipped it open long enough to read her name.. "So... Cascade DuPont is it? What secrets are you hiding little one...."

Closing both files after some time he sighed deeply. There was always so much to do and so little time. He had heard there was a banquet as well occurring in the Grand Hall in honor of this missions completion too. As such, he should probably make an appearance. It wouldn't do for his newly appointed charge to appear without him. Rather, it would be a good time to get a glimpse of Cascades social interaction skills and see what her personality is like, and then adjust his actions towards her. However, that will require suitable garments for the occasion. He doubted they wanted him to show up in the usual attire he was quite fond of. So heading the back part of his office there was a door that lead to his small, personal quarters. Striding across the floor past his bed where he opened a decently sized wardrobe, inside he kept all his dress attire for when he wanted to make a much more pleasurable impression. Shedding his clothing, he carefully folded and placed them on his bed before grabbing from his wardrobe his most expensive attire that he had received as a gift from his workings with the elves.

A personally fitted, hand woven emerald-green silk suit. Enchanted to repair itself upon damage, and to be completely resistant to all stain and residue. It was truly a sight to catch ones eyes. It was truly the only outfit he liked almost as much as his usual attire. The reason being that it was comfortable. Taking the time before dressing himself to run his hands slowly across his own body, trying to see for any new changes he had yet to be aware of. He was very thorough in his self examination. It was a full seven minutes before he finished. Then sliding on the pants to suit, for he personally didn't like the entrapping nature of undergarments, he enjoyed the feeling of the cool silk caressing his skin. Putting on a lime-ish colored undershirt he tucked the edges into the pants, and made sure there were no wrinkles before sliding on and buttoning the overcoat.

Afterwards he wove his long hair that ran down to just about halfway down his spine into tight braids, letting them hang down the middle of his back. He wasn't going to wear a hood for the first time in a long time, so he had to be sure that his hair was at least somewhat presentable. Then for comfort he put on a light brown pair of penny loafers with thin shortened stockings instead of socks. Checking himself via the mirror on the door leading out to his office he only had one thing left to do. That was to slide on a pair of large white satin gloves to cover his claw-like hands. Believing himself to now appear presentable. he left his room, reactivated the ward on his office, and left for the banquet.

Who knew what was in store for the future however?

Thalia_Neko Thalia_Neko PastelBeauty PastelBeauty Elle Santiago Elle Santiago Shagranoz Shagranoz The Prophet The Prophet ZeiruliousMakavar ZeiruliousMakavar Melon Bomb Melon Bomb

Last edited:
Cascade DuPont
1002183c4cc460cd559295850e36861a.jpg

There was to be a party or gathering that welcomes newly initiated Coven witches. Cascade had been dressed in black for the trial in front of the Murder, however black was not the appropriate attire for a party. Letitia and Seyis seemed kind enough to her after her grueling experience with the trial and her time down in the Prison before the trial, so Cascade contemplated on trying or even making an appearance at the party.

Give me a moment to change for the occasion. Can’t wait to join the both of you Four and Six.”

Cascade curtsied, taking her leave through the tunnels of The Atrium.

~~~

Cascade had arrived at the Great Hall for the banquet dressed in a flush, pink gown that flowed and fluttered around her. On an emerald sash that was wrapped around her midriff, amethyst crystals were added. The amethyst is a stone traditionally worn to guard against drunkenness and to instill a sober mind. The word amethyst comes from the Greek meaning “without drunkenness” and amethyst is believed to protect one from poison. Considering how much wine and rink was present Cascade liked the simple crystals being added. Her milky, white hair was in an elegant, exquisite, intricate, updo with strands of hair coming down in little ringlets that framed her face. As a small sign of rebellion Cascade wore no shoes to this gathering. The shoe idea was so abhorrent to her that no matter the odd looks she merely smiled and raised her glass of wine to the younger, judgmental eyes of the witches.

Three benches were dedicated to desserts and had on them lemon tarts, orange blossom cakes, minted strawberries fresh from the garden and apple pies so beautifully shaped it was a pity to eat them. There were decadent chocolates that oozed rum on the first bite. Drinks for the children or younger witches ranged from orange juice to an apple cider, whereas the grown-ups socialized around a bowl and chalices filled with wine that sparkled with flames and decoration. The main course had mahogany table tops layered with trays of the most delicious food. Delicacies capable of making one’s mouth water: A whole roast deer with sprigs of rosemary threaded though its’ antlers and stuffed with rye bread. Mounds of fragrant wild rice, diced potatoes smeared with better and spices backed on hot stones. Countless cheeses that went with baskets of bread rolls, you named it, the food was more than likely there. Coven witches both young and old shared in inconsequent, polite, conversation while eating canapes. A canape is a type of hors d’oeuvere, a small, prepared and usually decorative food, consisting of a small piece of bread topped with some savory food held in the fingers and often eaten in one bite.

~~~

In a crowd of Sister Witches Cascade believed herself to be moving of her own free will, one of many yet still her own person. To an observer she is no more than a moving mass, one with predictable behavior when viewed. So, perhaps, she did indeed become one of the many, feeding off the impulses of those around her to inform her decisions. Cascade wondered what it would take to think like an individual in the heart of a crowd, or even if walking one’s own path is possible. Taking a large sip of her wine she leaned against a supporting pillar for the Great Hall. With this coven it seemed obvious that division amongst themselves was a part of their everyday lives but was that the faults of their leaders she wondered. She waved, laughed, and greeted many witches but she felt a bit different with every single one.

The party had been going strong for an hour and Cascade was tiring from the strain of the trial she endured, the Ao Meira battle and saving the young woman Letitia from Awakening. Cascade finished off her wine, set down her chalice and was about to leave when her eyes caught sight of him. The man she had caught a mind glimpse of was here at the banquet. He was not in his usual attire and he wore the emerald silks of the elven fae. His skin was of the spring grass and he was tall as any mighty oak of the forest. Cascade tilted her head and a curious thought swam in her mind.

In your eyes is your humanity, the person you really are. There are times it gets lost, when you wear that suit, when you become the man the world demands of you. But Cascade saw something in his eyes here at the banquet. Wistful but knowing and lucid at the same time, waiting for the chance to roam the earth and to know its secrets. She saw the love that burns there too, the sort that goes for an eternity. There is something in your spirit Fae, that dances when you play, like a fire giving just the right amount of warmth. However, because of her dark connection to the insidiousness of earth, Cascade also saw that the light in this man’s eyes had died too. The flames almost extinguished, when he was under the pain of guilt, fear, and sorrow. Cascade smiled and started to make her way over to the tall man wanting to see if he truly was Fae. She had to see his eyes, to see the real him. For some reason, whether it be the Earth magic that they both use or her curiosity she wanted him to see her too. The woman who messes up sometimes but would do anything in her power to keep anyone safe. Cascade needed this – to be known – for who she really was and not just the sister soldier in the fight against demons.

~~~

Upon her arrival up to the man, she curtsied and rose to stand to her full height, which wasn’t really that tall, and introduced herself to him.

Good evening. I hope you are enjoying the festivities tonight. My name is Cascade DuPont and if I may be so bold as to ask, who are you?

Cascade felt calmer being near this being who smelled of the Earth and radiated peace and tranquility. She hadn’t even realized that Merihem, the Demon Lord of Pestilence, had begun to make her feel on edge and isolated during this party. However, being around this man made her nerves calm and emotionally relax.

SilentRain SilentRain Mentions of Thalia_Neko Thalia_Neko Elle Santiago Elle Santiago

Just after dealing with accepting the new Apostates as formal Witches among their ranks, a group of Witches and Sages sat around a large conference-like table in the inner Sanctum of the Coven's headquarters: the Gateway. This particular room was homely, but also dim, with a faint mysterious air about it and its meaning. Behind these Sages and Witches sat an unusual monument, extending to the impossibly high ceiling above. It was a lone spire, with strange, dormant symbols on it. Many other blocks that looked similar to the spire lay strewn about the room, also sporting similar unusual, dormant symbols.

They had been speaking some time, but now something pressing had to be addressed! Or at least this person thought so! The man slammed his fist on the table, "Did you give out missions to our Witches, 'One'?!" He shouted angrily, a vein on his forehead very apparent, face reddened. "Can't you see? She's encroaching upon our territory and our authority!" He growled, furious.

"Now, now," Another Witch replied, holding up her hand to silence him. In defense, she spoke on Madam Cressilia's behalf. "I'm sure Celeste was just trying to help," she spoke, "You, didn't mean to 'encroach' on anything, now did you dear?"

Celeste casually looked from the Sage that was speaking out against her, to the fellow Council Member Witch who had defended her. "Oh, of course not, my dear Maron! I merely thought I could provide aid to the Coven! If it caused any inconvenience... Then I'll quickly send Couriers to rescind any missions I've given!"

"Now, now," Another spoke up, this time a more elderly Sage, with a long white beard, which he sat there stroking. "No need for that One, we appreciate your efforts... Some of us, anyways."

"What?! She may have a seat at the Council, but she's still a Witch within the ranks! She may be 'One', but our orders and laws still apply to her, too! Or did you all forget?" The previous Sage continued his tirade.

"Now, now, don't get yourself all worked up, Cromwell," A third, and the final, Sage within 'The Murder', spoke up, revealing his two cents. "Our One is more than capable of delivering missions. She understands the inner-workings of The Coven; better than some of us, I'd wager. Also, I wouldn't piss Madam Cressilia off, if I were you, you know her strength." Upon seeing Cromwell give a very minute shake of his head, the Sage went on. "Really? Well, it just so happens that our One... Our Celeste, is the strongest Witch I've ever known. Maybe even the strongest magically-inclined person we've ever seen. And I don't think I'm exaggerating when I make that claim." He turned to her, and as he was sitting right to her left, took her hand, placing a gentle kiss upon it. "I speak for all of us, when I say we are so proud to have you amongst us. You honor us, when you grace us with your presence, Miss Celeste." His words and tone of voice was smooth. This Sage clearly had a level of understanding that certain other Sages didn't. He was very tactful, and even more respectful.

Celeste couldn't help but release a gentle giggle, as he so brazenly took her hand in front of the entire Council and kissed it before them all. "Why, thank you, Sir Fillion! That's very kind of you to say." She purred airily, a light pink on her otherwise perfect cheeks, her hand laid gently back into her lap.

"Bah! Don't you know the rankings are decided by us? There's a reason we're on the Coven's Council! There's a reason our Council is called 'The Murder'. Those weaklings in the rankings don't hold candles to us!" Cromwell shouted, clearly not getting the memo to shut up.

Another Witch spoke up, "If you don't mind me asking, One. What missions did you give out?" This was a new turn. It was apparent it was a way to steer the direction of the conversation back to something more productive. Also, this certain Council member was a particularly inquisitive Witch, with a penchant for the unusual, letting her curiosity drive her.

"Oh, just a few here and there... In fact, just before coming to our meeting, I gave a mission to young 20. Oh, don't be worried! I also sent capable 22 with her!" Celeste answered lightly. "Oh, and most recently, I sent 4 out to the Upper Reaches, to explore that peculiar, decayed patch of land up there."

"WHAT?!" Another more hot-headed Council Member shouted in shock. "You sent Nightess to that Darkspot?!" her tone was one of utter incredulous disbelief, as she stared at Rank One. Until now, she had been on-board with giving One some more liberties around the Coven. "Did you provide her with anything? Information? A back-up plan? You know how dangerous Darkspots can be! How can you just send her out there 'cold-turkey'?" Her eyes flashed darkly, "You know Letitia of all people has not been right since... she disappeared."

"Yes, Madam Cressilia, dear. I know I've seemingly expressed my endorsement for you today, but, up there? We were trying to formulate a good plan to investigate. We were lead to believe that particular Darkspot could be something quite dangerous," An older Witch spoke. "As well as not giving her any fair warning, or back-up? I must admit... That is rather rash. Don't you think, One?"

Celeste held up her hand, and a hush fell over the Murder. A small giggle erupted from her, "Do not worry. This is Letitia we are speaking about," giving one of the most nonchalant shrugs, that anyone had ever seen this beautiful specimen of a woman give; she continued, "our most 'loyal, dutiful, responsible, and reliable' Witch in our Coven. Am I not right in that assessment?" Her eyes surveyed the room, content seeing no one dispute that. "Besides, it seems I have something you all seem to lack -"

Cutting Celeste off, Cromwell asked, "Oh, and what would that be?"

Celeste paused mid-speak, to hear Cromwell's question. A slight twinge of irritation at being interrupted festered within her, and she struggled not to have her eye-twitch, or convey her annoyance in any way. Taking in a breath, she answered delicately, but with poise, "Faith."

Before anyone could break out of their stupor at such a simple answer, the Head Witch spoke up, her hand raised, indicating the matter at hand was at a close, "Moreover, our dear One is not on trial here. So let us end this with this -just, please, Celeste, be more mindful of how you send out the 'younger' Witches on missions. We trust you, but try not to overstep your place."

Celeste, smiling, couldn't do much but bow, and answer, "Yes, Head, I apologize if I showed any disrespect. Forgive me."

The Head Witch nodded once back to her, then cast her gaze around the table, opening the floor once more for discussion, "Okay, now that that's out of the way. Anyone have anything else to bring forward for this Council to discuss?..."

Maron spoke up. "I do believe we have a party going for the new Witches.. We should probably go see how that's going, and meet them." Yes she knew they had just met them when giving them their ranks. She leaned forward with firmness in her tone, "I mean really meet them."

Celeste stood up, clapping her hands. "Excellent idea, Maron! I concur!"

"An excellent idea, Miss Maron! I'm sure the Couriers are aching to enjoy getting to spend some actual, quality time with the Witches of The Coven," the Sage who had kissed Celeste's hand spoke up, a strong smirk displayed on his lips as he stood up beside the blonde woman. He tugged on his jacket, "I know I rather fancy a fine dance myself!"

Seemed that had intended the meeting, much to Cromwell's intense irritation.

Last edited:
Aedh sat in his home, reading a book. The story was rather bland, a typical Penny Dreadful. It's childlike depiction of vampires was utterly tasteless and unbearably bland. His head perked up as he hears a flutter beyond his door, thankful for a distraction from this garbage fire that's author dared call a book. He threw the book over his shoulder, hearing it hit the floor behind him. He opened the door hand saw a letter lying on his doorstep. Picking it up, he opened it. It was a notice announcing the party being held at The Gateway. The main headquarters for the predictably moderately dysfunctional Coven and Collective. He sighs, rolling his eyes a bit.

Might as well, nothing better to do.
A party?! YES! GO!
You do realize it's probably not going to be that kind of party. I doubt there you will find it interesting, Naj.
Who cares? Somebody is going to be down to get dirty. We can feed off of that!
You mean you can.
We both could! If only you would be willing to learn how.

Look, even if I did want to feed off of sexual energy, they would probably find out about it and have my head. Doesn't matter who it is, witch or human or whatever I feed off of, I'm pretty sure it's taboo.
I can't teach you how to do it, but I can teach you how to do so you don't get caught!
No.

Aedh feels the presence of Najvyn recede in his mind. He walks over to his closet. He really only has one outfit for parties such as these. He pulls out a burgundy suit with his initials, A. L., embroidered on the left side of his chest in a deep blood red, along with a maroon vest over his reddish-pink button down shirt. He hummed along to himself while he put the clothes onto his body.

'Paint me red
Toe to head
That's the color of love she said.'

He quickly groomed his hair and put on nice dress shoes. He approached the ornate mirror hanging from his floor to his ceiling after grabbing a jar full of a pale green paste off of a shelf. He put some of the paste on his index finger and drew a symbol on the face of the mirror. It was two half circles facing away from each other, with their backs touching and a vertical line in between them. He wiped the remaining paste on his fingers on the inner lip of the jar, preserving it inside for later. He quickly began whispering to himself and the mirror, chanting, "Syndéste dýo kathréftes, diplóste to diástima kai epitrépste mou na peráso." as he traced his fingers over the edges of the reflective surface, silvery strings of magic outlining the mirror. The green paste was absorbed into the mirror indicating he was finished. He stopped chanting and stepped into the mirror. The surface of the mirror rippled as he walked through it. On the other side, the mirror in his home was presented in a dark expanse. There was a small bridge of stones connecting his mirror to the one in The Gateway. Below the bridge was dark, murky water which he knows was not pleasant to be in. Darkness surrounded the bridge between places on all sides. He casually walks across the bridge, his shoes clicking against the stones.

He exits the mirror in The Gateway, greeted by the smell of food and gentle music. He breathed deeply, enjoying the scent. A small, almost undetectable smile crossed his face, disappearing withing seconds. Turning around to face the mirror, he cut his thumb using one of his canines. On the mirror he drew a null symbol, a circle with a line cutting diagonally through it (∅), in his blood. He was careful not to accidentally push his hand through the mirror, back to the bridge. Once he drew the sign on the mirror, he snaps his fingers, causing the link between this mirror and the one in his home to sever and his blood to disappear from the mirror's face.

He walks down the corridors, following the sound of the music. His eyes trail over the decorated walls, an uninterested look on his face with his head held high. He comes upon the Great Hall, seeing the crowd and food and musicians in swing. He goes to stand near a table covered in food, and starts to drink a glass of wine. It was a nice glass of wine, but The Coven probably had it's own cellar full of alcohol from all over the place, and from many time periods. This was probably the mid-range stuff.

You were right. There's barely anything in here...
Told you. These people hold themselves to a higher standard. Being 'down to get dirty' isn't exactly their lifestyle.
These people need to loosen up.

If you think these people are too strict, wait until the the higher ups come out. They probably haven't gotten any action in centuries, and I mean that literally. They're old as dirt.
That is no way to live.

Aedh almost chuckles. He shakes his head, taking another sip of his wine as he smiles lightly. Of course Naj would find that kind of life appalling. Considering he's an incubus who never really ages, he probably finds it impossible to imagine. Aedh finishes his wine. He spits in the glass and murmurs, "Imple." He then sticks out his pinky finger, pointing it at the bottom of the glass. He raises the finger to the top of the glass, and it fills back up with wine. He smirks a bit.

"Huh. Never tried that one before." He mutters under his breath.

He turns his gaze back to the rest of the party. He's actually enjoying this more than he thought he would.

Last edited:

q5WfH66.png

Seyis waited for Letitia to snap from the contents of the Black Envelope, politely ignoring the way her fellow witch looked rightly unsettled. When Letitia returned, Seyis let the Fourth’s remarks slide past her, hefting the basket offered to the higher ranked Witch in her arms, quipping as she stepped beside Letitia. “If it was my basket to give, I would’ve decorated it in something fancier than grass.” And then she only nodded in agreement to their destination, letting Letitia stew in her thoughts once more.

-----

Seyis did not expect Cascade DuPont’s attitude right off the bat, but she fixed a sweet and polite smile on her face, letting out a reply. “I think we’ve all been Apostates at one point in our lives. In the end, all that matters is whether we live long enough to be esteemed Witches or detested Consumed and feared Awakened.”

The recruit had a point, though, something that Seyis understood before she became a witch. As the previous scion of the house she denounced when she encountered Ziz, she was made aware of the formidable strength and roles of the Coven and the Collective. But even with that knowledge, there’s only one could do while being trapped in such circumstance. Sometimes, the best that you could do to keep your sanity was to enjoy the cage.

Once Cascade offered that olive branch, Seyis took it. There was no point in throwing away possible friends. Cascade already proved herself to be an astounding ally. Since Letitia began their introduction, she merely followed on the cure. “As the Fourth said, I am Seyis, the Coven’s Sixth. Pleased.” She bit her tongue when she almost told the woman her known title in this organization.

Seyis honestly expected to have shouldered the burden of speaking, but it seemed that Letitia was more than talkative for now. Was it because of the Black Envelope that rattled her cold exterior so much? She was curious but halted that line of thought. She would only pry if it became her business, and now wasn’t it. Seyis provided appropriate nods and smiles when needed, expression going serious when Letitia touched on what happened in the most recent mission.

But a party, though… That was not exactly new, but it was rare. When she came here, she never had that. Only disdainful glances and holier than thou attitudes that she expected from the Court. When Cascade disappeared, walked to somewhere, probably her room, Seyis turned to Letitia. “I’ll be preparing for this party. Here,” she pushed––no, forced the basket to the Fourth, “I was not the one who gave it to you. In fact, I expected a basket for my troubles considering the last mission. I will see you soon, Letitia.” And with that, Seyis was gone, returning to her quarters.

-----

Seyis was dressed in a simple brown dress mostly covered by a neat cloak. Her previous one was wrecked from the last mission and the fabric was already worn. Now, her new cloak was a beautiful and new dark navy color. In her mind, she distantly wondered how long it would take for this cloak to be destroyed. She chewed on that thought, quite literally, as she stayed close to the dessert section of the table.

No matter how much she denounced her noble title and adopted a new name, the fact that she loved her sweets would never disappear. She took little sips of her wine, but it wasn’t the best that she tasted before. It was good, but only good and nothing more. Her eyes wandered around the room, not really bothering in mingling with people.

If they wanted to talk to her, then they’d talk to her. But since there weren’t much right now, she stuffed another chocolate pastry in her lips.

Mentions:
Thalia_Neko Thalia_Neko PastelBeauty PastelBeauty

Letitia Darkchild
1521203804871.png

Cascade left to who knows where. Perhaps she had already been given a room? Possible, probable even. Gateway was huge, and seemed to magically grow whenever the necessary time called for it. Most witches of lower ranks lived off in the Living Quarters. In packed rooms that resembled dormitories. Well, that was where most stayed anyway. There were those that held homes and jobs outside of The Coven, only coming around for witchly duties. Or when a party was thrown and they could shamelessly mooch. Heh, there were quite a few perks to being a Coven Witch; most of the time you could do or say whatever the hell you wanted, whenever you wanted, so long as you still abided by Coven rules. And outside of the usual ones -don't kill innocent humans, don't desert, don't kill your fellow Witches unless they give probable cause, don't summon Demons, don't be an Apostate, do your mission- that sorta thing, there really weren't many rules. Honestly, it made a lot of sense to become a Coven Witch. Apostates didn't know what they were missing. Well.. so long as you were cool with being on call all the time, doing what the Higher Ups ordered you to do, but yeah, you got a place to stay, free food, tools to study the magical arts, training. Heh, not bad.

Six spoke her piece to Forty-Six, which was good. When that ended, she picked up the basket, remarking how the grass was unflattering of such a gift, and how she concluded she deserved one as well. Letitia, now with basket in hand, held it out, opening her mouth to say, "Well, here take thi-..." But her words were cut off, as Six was the next to leave: already gone. Her arm dropped to her side, basket thumping against the side of her silk-covered leg.

Standing before the big, drab wooden door that lead into her own quarters, she sighed heavily. Her own quarters were located in a special part of Gateway. A gift for her due to her status as Rank Four. And unlike others, Letitia did not have a home beyond these walls. She was feeling melancholic for one reason: she did not feel like this place was her home either. She was known as the "most dutiful Coven Witch", but as of late, she just hadn't been feeling it. Oh, the girl still followed orders and rules to a T, but her heart wasn't in it. Or maybe it never was. Making one single sharp hand movement, she placed her left hand against the door. A sigil appeared there, then lines of magic raced through the door like veins. Finally the magical glow disappeared.

Drawing in yet another breath, she stepped forward, pushing open the heavy door, hearing it scrape across the ground. A familiar sound, but one equally anomalous. It was distant to her. The sound of this door opening. Like she was reminiscing of times long past. Except it had only been 5 months since she had been here. Stepping into the room, she brought her arm up to cover her nose and mouth. Only 5 months? Heh, seemed like longer -literally. Dust permeated the place in a noxious cloud that immediately irritated her normal sensibilities, in one sharp, pesty sensation. Setting foot into the gloom, she looked around in the haze. Waving her arms, the dust was blown out behind her. Then she snapped her fingers, and lamps lit with unnatural flame, casting flickering, shifting light around the dingy walls. Yep. As lonely in here as ever. She sat the basket aside.

"Just as I remembered it..." she droned to herself, shutting the door behind her. That made sense. Who would come into her quarters? Or did it make sense? The higher ups could've searched her room; it was known to happen if the witch was involved in anything suspicious. So far, it did not seem like that was the case. And that this place had been untouched the entire time. Though, with her magical seal locking the door, maybe no one had been able to breach it. Heh, yeah right. There were definitely those who could if they had wanted. Oh, Letitia didn't put any ol' weak enchantment on her door, but there were more powerful witches here, and if they wanted in -then they would get in. Her mind instantly thought of Celeste. Clearing her head, she walked over to her dresser, and ran a finger across the top. Although she had just sent that dusty wave out of her room, the place was still coated in the filth. She sighed, her shoulders drooping, dropping her head in exasperation. "I don't have time for this."

Or rather -patience. Letitia sifted through her dresser, and opened her closet. Stepping within, shifting various hanged clothes around. The party. She had decided to go. "What am I doing?" She voiced dolefully. Why would she attend something as frivolous as a party?

Yuna would have loved to go...

Keyword being have. What a piteous thought that just crossed her head. Shaking it, she got to work looking for an appropriate outfit.

Letitia stood in front of her vanity. And gave another humongous sigh, staring at herself in the mirror. She sported a little dark blue dainty thing. A classy dress in the same dark victorian-style she normally wore. A cute sash cinched it around her waist, and it had a modest v-neck. Armless and backless, there was instead mesh-work there. And on her legs she wore sleek black stockings; at their base, a pair of modest-heeled chic, elegant footwear. Looking over the cosmetics on the desk, she frowned. Eyes worked their way over the products. Without Yuna, all this seemed so.. so... so senseless, so purposeless. So insipid. So vain. So foolish. Giving in, she reached down, picking up the pad. She hit her face with the powder, then coughed as it blew up in powdery smoke around her.

"Ack! Ack acckh! Blegh..." Letitia looked up at herself in the mirror. Her face creased with some level of dissatisfaction, worry, and some sort of confusion as she looked over her face. "Improved?" she wondered aloud. Sighing once more, she set the pad down, giving up.

Walking into the Great Hall, Letitia observed the festivities. The place was bustling. Witches aplenty, with Sages sprinkled in here or there. There were others that lived among The Coven, and probably a few from outside that had managed to sneak in. Generally The Coven would stop such a thing from happening, not permitting those who weren't in The Coven to enter Gateway. Only on special occasions were they allowed. -So, they'd punish those who did manage to sneak in. However, it seemed this time, it didn't seem to matter to anyone as this appeared to be one of those occasions. That was slightly irksome, but if Letitia wasn't explicitly given orders to remove those not in The Coven, then she supposed they were fine to stay.

Standing their in her dark blue dress, and cute, yet dark outfit, she felt self-conscious, grabbing her arm and giving it a nervous rub. The girl was known as Nightess, so she had to keep up appearances! Sure, she wasn't wearing her usual dark black dress, but her current attire wasn't much different. -She had an image to keep up! She couldn't be running around the halls in something floofy, flamboyant, and brightly colored! Still, her green eyes caught sight of her fellow sisters. Some were embracing the mood of the party, wearing very hot, very bright, very sexy dresses. This time she sighed inwardly, wondering if she had missed some opportunity. There was still time to go back and change... An image of Yuna flashed in her mind. That took the sails straight out of that idea.

Still nervously holding her arm, Letitia strolled the rest of the way over to the table to grab a drink. She fidgeted there, not able to decide what drink she wanted. Glancing over, she noticed the Murder had arrived. This was a party set up for the newbies, so it made sense for the heads of The Coven to appear. Although it was a rare occurrence for them to be involved with the lesser members of The Coven, outside of directly giving out orders. She eyed them quickly, noticing the Head Witch taking the lead, sitting at the head of the table at the front. As she always did. That woman would never let an opportunity slip by to make herself superior to others. Then there were a few others she knew from The Murder, but it did not appear that they were all here. Anyway, there was Maron. Letitia had always liked that short, thoughtful witch. Then there was Kira. A witch with an 'edgy' side, but had this playful streak that Letitia supposed she could appreciate. Ugh, Evie was here, too. Letitia did not like her. Evie never stopped brewing up trouble. She always wondered how a volatile witch like that could make it into The Murder. Lastly, there was sensible, practical Analiese. A tall witch that always gave Letitia the creeps, but never seemed malevolent or ill-doing. Which was almost worse... Letitia couldn't figure out where to pinpoint this eerie feeling she got from the woman? Yeah, that wasn't good. At least in her mind. But otherwise, Analiese had never done anything overtly malicious or dubious. Nothing she knew of anyway.

Some Sages had come in with them. Letitia knew that they were from The Mind, but often were here on business with The Murder. Cromwell.. Ugh, another that Letitia had misgivings about. No! Screw that! She hated the man. He always walked around with a holier-than-thou attitude, was sanctimonious and self-serving. She hated him. His stench was instantly noticeable, and she wrinkled her nose upon seeing the man. Just his presence fouled up the party, gah! Not to mention he appeared corrupted all times, tainted by whatever magic he practiced no doubt. For what she understood of Sages, he was a failure of one. Yet he was in the Mind! Ridiculous. Beside him, Fillion. A man that if you were to go by what her fellow sisters said -was rather handsome. Or dreamy. Or whatever. Sure... she guessed he had a good appearance, or something. He did always carry himself with dignity, and talked to her with respect, when they conversed. So, yeah, that was pretty attractive, she could agree with that. He was definitely more respectful and gentle than her fellow witches, who were often snooty, catty. And frankly -bitchy. Not that she herself didn't exhibit those qualities sometimes... but ugh, whatever. She glanced over, seeing some witches swooning, chittering among each other. She rolled her eyes. Yeah, no, she wasn't like that towards the Sage. She was mostly indifferent to him, to be honest. Finally. Galen. Poor Galen. The old man always seemed to be lead around like a mutt with its tail between his legs. Practically unfair given what she knew of the old man. He had a warm way of speaking, and when she was around him she always felt calmer than usual. Actually, if she could call anything 'home' -it was the immediate space around that bearded old man. Something Letitia could never quite understand. He talked to her often, it seemed. Or more often than most Sages who weren't trying to annoyingly court her. She thought of those talks fondly, but had always sort of wanted to get away from Galen. Again, Letitia couldn't explain why. With the Murder and the Mind here, she expected the party to lose any of its luster, and for her fellow witches to actually clear out. No one really liked the uppers to watch over them like children. But eh, who knows. She saw them beginning to converse with others. Maybe it wouldn't be so bad having them around... Not that Letitia was enjoying any of it anyway.

Charries
Head Witch
1521203675699.png
Maron
1521203741355.png
Kira
1521203478851.png
Evie
1521203709120.png
Analiese
1521203635206.png
Cromwell
1521203538540.png
Fillion
1521203515630.png
Galen
1521203606425.png

PastelBeauty PastelBeauty Elle Santiago Elle Santiago Shagranoz Shagranoz The Prophet The Prophet ZeiruliousMakavar ZeiruliousMakavar Melon Bomb Melon Bomb SilentRain SilentRain Zenpai Zenpai mkuchiha mkuchiha Sizniche Sizniche

Last edited:
Caelyn Amarkiir

Caelyn sat atop a roof observing a small group of people who seemed to be attempting some kind of arcane ritual. She was wearing a rather dark colored dress instead of her normal one, which caused her to blend in with the darkness of the night. She sat there, continuing to watch the group, prepared to jump down at a moment's notice, as she waited for any confirmation for if this group in fact actually did have what she was seeking. A page of the lost Lemageton. She'd been searching for these pages for a couple of years now, and she had only found 5 of the several dozen that had gone missing, including the book itself. She had hoped that she'd have found it quickly, but this prove to be a difficult task.

A task that she hoped to do herself, and not need the others from the Coven to help. No, this was something she needed to do alone. She hadn't heard any rumors that anyone in the Coven was looking for the Lemageton as well, so this either meant that those in charge were keeping it quiet, or... that they didn't know about it. From what Shadow had explained to her, it sounded dangerous. Something that shouldn't see the light of day. At the time, she didn't know why the original Lemageton had been stolen from the temple in charge of keeping it, or how, but she knew that it was something that needed protection. And she hoped that bringing it into the Coven would provide more protection then some temple run by humans.

It was then, as she slowly entered a trance like state trying to observe the group that a shuffling behind her woke her up due to startling her. "Nice to see you out and about Cae," A familiar voice said from behind her as she glared in annoyance, at the owner. "So, rumors floating around, what you doing here? There's no magic in this town." The woman said, sitting down next to Caelyn, holding an apple.

"Go away Xeffir"
Caelyn said, still glaring, but returning to observe the group down below who were still mid-ritual. "I'd rather not talk to you about anything. I know how you work." She then added, sighing softly. "Besides, this is something I have to do."

"Still going on about that book of yours, aren't you..." Xeffir said softly, shaking her head slowly as she spoke. "You need to calm down about it, honestly... Sometimes it feels like I'm your only friend. And that's just sad." she said, chuckling slightly, before taking a bite from the apple. "I knew you'd come here though. I heard the same rumors as you Cae." She then added, before standing up and patting Caelyn's shoulder. "Don't worry about that group there, they don't have the lemageton page. It's here, but not with them."

An old man of about seventy years of age eyed the young man in front of him suspiciously. "Are you sure the Collective sent you?" He asked.

The young man sighed dramatically as if he was offended at the elders pesky questions. "For the last time, old man, yes... they did send me! Have you lost your hearing!" He exclaimed already fed up with the old mans constant questions.

"Who else would they send to solve your rodent problem, Mr Feldman. We go through this everytime." Nathan sighed.

I'm so bored...

Nathan glared at Mr. Feldman, waiting for his old brain to shake off the dust and realize that it was him. Nathan. The same guy that came once every week to solve the rodent problem that never seemed to get fixed.

The old mans brain finally whirred to life, as his eyes lit up in realization. "Nathaniel." He started warmly--Nathan hated when he called him that--ushering the young sage-to-be inside. "What took you so long? That blasted rat is still inside plotting god knows what, hopefully this time you can get him for good."

I'm so bored that I could sell my boredom for nothing short of a large fortune.

Nathan entered the house, and Mr. Feldman showed him the last place he saw his archnemesis. Afterwards the senior citizen hurried off to god knows where, and left him alone in the empty kitchen.

Nathan waited for about a minute, before he headed back into the living area, kicked back his boots and fell back onto a sofa. He had half an hour to rest until Mr. Feldman came back from where ever he went. Nathan would lie and say he eradicated the rat, Feldman would smile in relief and sign his report, and Nathan would be a step closer to becoming ranked.

Aedh stood by a table with drinks, looking mildly disinterested, his chest hurting faintly. He raised his wine glass to his lips. As soon as the liquid hit his tongue, he spat it out. He looked back at the glass and saw dark shadows swirling in the 'wine'. He set the glass back down on the table, as if to say, "let somebody else deal with it."

That didn't go well.
Well, duh. You can't just go making something out of nothing.
I wanted to see if it worked.
You knew it wouldn't.

Aedh sighs, rolling his eyes at seemingly nothing.

Plus the thing you did with the mirror...
What was wrong with the mirror spell?
You haven't ever made a portal, so that was not a good idea. You're probably gonna start feeling that soon.
Why didn't you tell me, you ass?
You didn't ask.

Aedh almost groans. Minor annoyance showing on his face, he pinches the bridge of his nose. Fucking demons...

Calm down, I was joking.
Ha ha ha.
You won't die. Your body just probably won't react well.

Fantastic. That's just great.

Aedh's chest starts aching much worse. He pulls a handkerchief out of his pocket and coughs into it. The small square of silk was now stained with his blood.

You're such a cock.
You would know.

Aedh hears Najvyn giggling in the back if his mind. He sighs in contempt for the demon as he starts to feel light headed.

Must've took more out of you than I thought. You're free-falling pretty badly.
I hate you.
I love you too.

That was the last thing Aedh heard from the demon as he fainted.

Last edited:
'At least when I wear this suit the looks I get from others aren't as bad haha. Perhaps my usual attire is quite tribal compared to most.' Thought Maddox as he strolled towards the banquet. Taking small strides in an attempt to not push against traffic... Not that anyone actually tried to stay in his way. Perhaps it was just the fact that he stood more than a foot higher than most of the people here at the coven. A few were taking advantage of the fact of his crowd parting abilities as it seemed that he had some unranked witches using him as a barrier to walk behind, attempting to speed through the throngs of people heading towards the 'party'. Having a small mental chuckle he let loose a rare grin when he walked past the open doors to the banquet hall.

It was quite packed, well everywhere except the ballroom floor that only had a few gently gliding across the polished flooring to the sounds of a small orchestra. Slowly making his way over to the wine table he saw the woman he had seen with Four earlier in the evening. She seemed to be enjoying her chocolates over at a long table trussed up with sweets of all sorts. It was nice to see that some of the 'higher-ups' knew how to settle down. If he recalled correctly, she was number 6. However, he couldn't be sure so he wouldn't leave it up to chance. He'd figure it out before approaching her at a later date, well, if the fates were so inclined to do so.

Continuing onwards he let his gaze wander about the room. Seeing The Murder he paused for a moment, wondering what had occurred in the background to not bring them, but also some of the head sages from the Collective. Whenever they convened together, nothing good would come of it. However, those were thoughts better suited for a later time. For now he had to at least try to enjoy this banquet. That said. This was in Four's honor... So where was the star of the show tonight? Stopping for a minute beside the wine table he started searching for the afore mentioned Four. It was a good thing that he stood more than a foot taller than most people. It made searching quite easy. Keeping his gaze on her he saw the way she nervously rubbed her arm, and so he thought. 'The strongest soldiers have the most fragile hearts...' He decided it would be better for her to open up to others, rather than he put her on the spot himself. As such he turned his gaze searching once more through the members of the crowd.

As he stood there glancing about, the one he had been waiting for arrived. She or rather 'Cascade DuPont' was cutting through the throngs of people in his direction. 'At least she's polite about her introductions...' He didn't know what to expect of her thus far. However it would be rude not to reply. So turning to this small... well small compared to him, Woman. He performed a gracious half bow with his right arm curved just lightly below his chest in mock salute before stating.

" Boldness is better than hesitancy Miss DuPont. I am Maddox Gwrtheyrnson, Scholar of Fae, and Collective Rank 18. Also if you weren't previously informed, I am to be your courier. I look forward to ....."

Maddox paused as he heard the thud of a young man collapsing just a few feet away for lord knows what reason... Turning back to Cascade he gave a small smile but said

" My apologies Miss DuPont, I'm going to handle this matter quickly. I do wish to meet up again soon, but for now I must go. It seems one of my number has collapsed. My sincerest apologies. I hope you enjoy the rest of the banquet."

Turning away from Cascade with a small wave and another promise to meet up again soon, he walked over to the young fellow who had collapsed quite ungraciously on the floor. Calming the small crowd around him by saying he would take care of the matter, he slowly bent down and picked the man (Aedh) off of the floor. Holding him as one would carry a princess. Maddox secured his arms under the young male, and laid the youths head upon his own shoulder. Standing up once more he walked towards the banquet doors. Turning around to face his superiors who had been chatting a few colleagues quite amicably, but were frowning due to the disrespect they would receive in front of the Murder. Maddox gave them the deepest bow possible without disturbing the sleeping man in his arms.

Heading back towards his office/living space entered, and after turning off the illusionary ward. Walked to the door leading too his personal chamber, opened them and deposited the young man on his own bed. Checking his pulse and magical aura afterwards, he came to the deduction that he had somehow used more magic than he had access too. It had drained his stamina and lead to extreme fatigue, which in turn led to him passing out. 'Just what did this young man do to put himself in this situation?' Sighing, and rubbing his forehead with slight frustration he proceeded to cover the young man with blankets and make him comfortable before heading into his office where he rested himself in chair, using his desk to prop his feet up. Waiting for Number 24, based on his mark, to wake up once more. That man was probably going to receive a punishment of some sort for causing such a scene at a celebratory banquet. Even more so, since he did it in front of all their superiors in full view.... 'It's going to be a long, long night...'

Last edited:
Aedh sits up in bed, and he instantly regrets it as pain shoots through his skull. He takes in a shaky breath.

"Shit." He whispers to himself.

The pain in his head pulses, every beat of his heart reviving the slowly fading pain. He waits for it to recede, but it persists. He just lays there for a few minutes before he is comfortable with opening his eyes. The room around him is unfamiliar, with the smell of soil permeating throughout. The bed he's laying in is not his own, warm blankets wrapped around his body.

"Where the hell...?" he mumbled, confusion filling his thoughts.

He tries to get out of the bed but the pain comes back worse than before, warning him to stop. He sinks back into the mattress, groaning softly. It subsides back to manageable levels, but takes it's sweet damn time doing it. He feels Najvyn's presence rise in his mind.

I told you.
Too late, apparently. And shut up.
So rude.

Aedh sighs, not wanting to deal with the demon's particular brand of bullshit. Naj retreats into a far corner of his mind, as to not bother Aedh. Aedh just sighs again and lays back down, covering his eyes with his arm as he was in too much pain to go back to sleep. Well, he certainly won't be enjoying the party for the rest of the night...

Letitia Darkchild
1522621088453.png

She had just arrived, but already was Letitia feeling out of sorts. People were dancing to simple, yet slightly haunting tunes. Namely witch and witch, but the sages were trying to get lucky and score a partner. Coven witches weren't known to be the most open, but the sages were making some headway; a congenial cloud hung about the air. The banquet was nice, with the food's scent lulling in the air. Honestly, it was quite a warm party by Coven's standards. Hardly anything offensive at all. And yet, Letitia just felt... like she didn't belong. While Coven witches were often dour, off-putting people on the best of days, today they seemed to be embracing the merriment. The truth of it was, Letitia just didn't feel connected to even her own sisters. She did all she could for them, but when she looked at them, she just looked on in sorrow.

The last time she had gotten close to anyone... It had ended very poorly. Letitia plucked at the dress she was wearing. "Yeah, this was stupid," she mumbled. Turning to go, she began walking towards the great hall's entrance. She just didn't fit a partying scene. No one would care if she left. Besides, she had a very important mission, that honestly was on a timer. She simply didn't have time for festivities. -Yeah, that had to be it; it couldn't be that Letitia simply couldn't allow herself to feel any joy or anything.

PastelBeauty PastelBeauty Elle Santiago Elle Santiago Shagranoz Shagranoz The Prophet The Prophet ZeiruliousMakavar ZeiruliousMakavar Melon Bomb Melon Bomb SilentRain SilentRain Zenpai Zenpai mkuchiha mkuchiha Sizniche Sizniche

q5WfH66.png

As Seyis chewed on a particularly sweet-tasting pastry, she couldn’t help but think that she was immensely bored of this party not even a full hour in. She knew the social requirements. Say hello, look pretty, smile, flatter, charm. Only, there really was no one to do that with, which made this whole affair just so, so boring. Her eyes scanned the room, purposefully ignoring the Murder because she wanted nothing to do with them. She was already high enough on the social ladder as well as physical and magical abilities, being the Coven’s Sixth. No, there was no need to bother the old folks nor gain their attention.

Seyis found herself looking at Letitia, specifically of her striding purposefully towards the exit. The Sixth grabbed the napkin on the table as she walked away towards the woman (more people approached the dessert table now), wiping the crumbs from her lips and face before getting rid of it with a minor fire spell. She reached her fellow before she went past the doorway, fingers tapping gently on the woman’s shoulder.

“I’m afraid I can’t let you leave, Respected Fourth.” Seyis ran her tongue over her teeth before smiling at her. “If I’ll have to be here, then you must as well. I will not suffer this preposterous ball by myself, Letitia. You must suffer this with me.”

Mentions:
Thalia_Neko Thalia_Neko

Letitia Darkchild
1522625040791.png

Letitia felt the tap to her shoulder and she prickled. Spinning around to see who deemed themselves worthy to bug her, her hackles lowered. It was just Six. Also.. maybe she should chill a bit; she was about ready to hack the head off of some random person that wanted to speak to her. Yeah, Letitia, chill, it's a party. "I can't leave? Why not?" she interjected immediately, frowning when Six began speaking. When did she have authority over Letitia to tell her such a thing? Then she elaborated, and that brought a small smile to Letitia's face. "Aw, poor Six. Can't handle a single little ball? How tragic..." she mused in a sassy tone. However, she could relate to Six. Giving her a small sigh, she conceded, "Fine. I understand. It is pretty mind-numbing, huh? Well. If I'm to also suffer with you, what are we going to do about it? Anything?" she asked, turning away from the large entry/exit way. Her question hung there, while she folded her arms across her chest, staring up blankly at the taller witch.

q5WfH66.png

Seyis mustered an affronted look, crossing her arms then holding a hand to her chest as if seriously offended, mustering the air of nobility that she was raised up in her first few years, jutting up her chin and looking down on people. Her voice was nasal-sounding. “Dear, I can handle a single ball. It’s the other attendees that cannot.” But then she dropped the facade, wrinkling her nose and shaking her head before speaking again. “Anyways, I’m too intimidating to approach, apparently. I have just been eating in the pastry section,” she gestured a hand towards the table now filled by other Witches, “and now, look at them go.”

She shook her head again as she thought. “For how to keep ourselves amused, hmm,” she hummed, staring across the whole room. Her eyes landed on the Murder. “We can, perhaps, annoy the Murder, a few pranks perhaps? To be quite frank with you,” she lowered her voice, “I’d do so in a heartbeat if I wasn’t afraid of repercussions. But! We can eat and drink ourselves until we’re full to bursting, I guess? Or we can dance, either impressing the rest of the dancers and the audience or embarrassing ourselves and providing to be their entertainment. What say you, Letitia?”

Mentions:
Thalia_Neko Thalia_Neko

Letitia Darkchild
1522626838130.png

"Too intimidating to approach?.. You?..." Letitia commented, wholly ignoring her fake offended mannerism. What she said also sounded dumb, but Letitia's eyes wandered over to where there were witches eating pastries. The dark-haired witch suddenly wondered if that was an issue she had been having. "Huh... Maybe I'm facing the same issue..." she murmured, thinking on it. She was pretty dark and brooding. Not the most open to approach and talk to. Only Seyis seemed to have the grit to do so, but they were close in ranking.

Her eyes followed Seyis's over to the Murder. Then she recoiled a bit at the first suggestion. She held up her hands, absolving herself of that idea. "Uh, you can try. I rather like being in one piece. And if you do manage to prank them, I doubt it'll be as funny as you think." She wasn't keen on eating until she was bursting, but she could probably afford to eat even a little bit more. When Seyis suggested dancing, Letitia stuck out her bottom lip and cocked her head down to the side, peering up at Seyis with an off-putting frown. "You can go make a fool of yourself if you want, you really don't need my aid in that. I don't dance."

q5WfH66.png

Seyis smiled. “Believe it or not, I am quite scary. Killer of Awakened, they call me. Executioner. Might as well be named murderer of our sisters. But, yes, I do believe we have the same problem. You are the Nightess, Mistress of the Night, well-versed in destruction magic. Very intimidating.” She had to stifle the laugh that bubble up her lips, though. Seeing the way Letitia just recoiled at Seyis’s suggestion brought much delight. Of course, Seyis wouldn’t dare mess around with the Murder, but having thoughts of embarrassing the stuck-up old coots was good every now and again.

However, she raised an eyebrow, smirking a little bit at Letitia’s answer about dancing. “You don’t dance? Truly? I find it hard to believe, the way you move on the battlefield. But, hm, one way to look approachable is to look less like goddesses and more like a human. Perhaps having them see us in such a manner would make us look good and more friendly to others. Still, I can teach you––to dance, that is. Besides, I’m sure we’ll be busy the following days. Might as well enjoy it fully, don’t you think?”

Mentions:
Thalia_Neko Thalia_Neko

Letitia Darkchild
"You're not the only one. Plus those aren't our sisters," Letitia retorted flatly. Really talking with the Nightess was a pretty difficult thing to do. She was not a friendly, open person. "If you're worried about things like 'murder', then you're probably in the wrong line of work." That was one of the harshest things she had ever said, and it made her cast her gaze away in a bit of shame. Coven witches did actually protect humanity, so something like 'murder', should've been a much tougher thing to stomach. The reality was much different. She looked back up as Seyis described her, "Well, it seems like we know each other. How quaint."

Letitia took a step to the side, cocking her hip, placing her hand there. "Wha? You're saying flinging destruction spells out on a battlefield is the same as dancing? You may be worse at dancing than I am, if you think they're even remotely similar Six." She really was pretty contrarian to basically everything, wasn't she? She raised an eyebrow. "What do you mean, look more like a human rather than a goddess?" She turned away, "I don't really care what others think of me."

Caelyn Amarkiir

Caelyn let out a soft sigh, as Xeffir waved goodbye, once again as the other magic user teleported away. She frown a bit softly, as she looked over the two pages of the Lemegeton that she had just acquired. She had no way of knowing how many remained missing, or how Xeffir could find them so easily, but she did. She shook her head slowly, as the pages lit on fire, turning to ash, blowing in the wind, as they returned to where they belonged. "That's two more pages..." Shadow said, from where ever he was hiding.

"It may be two more, but we have no idea how many remain." Caelyn replied, shaking her head slowly, as she stood up, once again standing on a roof top. "Now, we should probably head back to the Coven, I've been away long enough."

Cascade DuPont
She had left the party after she had met her courier. It seems like he was a very busy man, taking care of the sick or in this case, a man who had fainted at the party. She should get ready for her mission or missions if she were to be assigned more than one. She returned to her quarters and there she had received an envelope that had a letter giving directions to her couriers quarters and his place of study. She dressed in her usual attire which was more earthy tones, browns, greens, with her amethyst crystals hanging around her waist on a thin strap of leather. She strode with confidence and professionalism towards her job. After all this was going to be her job till, what she assumed, she was as old and gray as the wise, older witches who had retired. Upon reaching his quarters she knocked thrice times upon his door and waited for his permission to enter. Cascade wondered if he had already received a mission to give to her from her higher ranked witches, but she would just have to find out. This whole business about not being allowed to communicate with their sages beyond them giving them missions was...in her opinion outdated. No other witch that she had passed had hardly looked at their sage courier which she wanted to ask questions about because it didn't seem...well...comprehensible. If you were to be receiving your missions from your courier, Cascade would have expected their to be an ease around the sages, some even friends but this was not what she had observed in her walk her to meet her courier again in a more professional manner.
In fact, it was quite the opposite but she couldn't focus on this small matter now, she would soon have much bigger problems to deal with once she received her mission.

SilentRain SilentRain

Users who are viewing this thread

Back