• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Futuristic Space Adventure with Magic

Flecker

I'm a legume
“..this is why, on this day, December 1st 2150, we officially declare the death of Earth."

It was an announcement that echoed throughout the colonies. Though they were separated thousands of miles apart, the news of earth's demise reached even those at the edge of Pluto.

Humanity's advancements in colonization technologies were awe inspiring. Ever since magic was officially discovered as a quantifiable branch of science in the year 2050, man's world was forever changed. The wildest scientific imagination in any man's mind was never out of reach. There was no idea too fantastical to try.

Of course, like many good things, there's always a catch. Ever wondered why the nightmare scenarios imagined by the world's most brilliant scientists never actually happened? Magic was the invisible glue holding everything together.

None of us knew that it was finite.

Like madmen we devoured magic to suit our grandiose projects and visions. The megastructure of our world finally collapsed, Earth's core along with its magnetic poles and atmosphere succumbed to our greed.

We thought it was just earth, but studies confirmed that our own solar system was also dying. Billions of lives spread across multiple moons, asteroids, and planets were at a risk of being wiped out.

That's how the Columbus Initiative got started

We now roam in spaceships between the stars searching for lifeforms our deep space telescopes hinted at. For where there's life, there's magic.

—---------------------------------------------------------

Humans of the 22nd Century

True Magi

A dying breed, perhaps even fully extinct. Between the chaos of earth's destruction and conflicts between colonies of Mars and the Moon, no one keeps track of original magi anymore. They were the original magic users, capable of casting spells through incantations and rituals. Unfortunately, their pure blood rejects modern physical augmentation procedures, leaving them reliant solely on their magic.

They are outcasts, many thought that they are the ones responsible for the discord amongst all of humanity. Rumors claim that they're not as rare as one might think, but they hide their identities to blend with the crowd.

Mystic

A meta-human, considered to be the ideal specimen. Anomalous exposure to the increasingly ubiquitous magical energy transformed normal fetuses into beings of extraordinary qualities. Magic blessed them with powers to affect the world with supernatural energy.

These sometimes manifest as telekinesis, energy projection, and complex bioluminescence. Rare special cases manifest their abilities into superpowers akin to heroes in fictional comic books. Most are incapable of handling advanced bodily mechanical augmentations, but why would they need one?

Adepts

A fledgling of magic. Magic transforms who they were. Through intense concentration they're capable of using basic abilities of the Mystic. Most would wear a device called Augmenters to achieve the most basic of their abilities. They appear as headphones worn over the head to amplify their magical ability.

Their blood, barely an offshoot of the original magus, can be tolerated by implants. The nanomachines disregard their minor mutations.

Normal Humans

Despite costly genetic therapies and pockets of amoral eugenics practices, not everyone bears the fruit of power. Still, at a point where bioengineering is extremely common, no one really complains. Implants are made for normal human blood. Error Correcting Strains embedded within the implants would mark a magus’ cells as damaged and cause irreparable damage as they attempt to fix them. The normals, on the other hand, can try as many modifications as their bodies can hold.

These results in humans with preternatural strength, agility, and intelligence. Some normal humans even load their arms with laser cannons making themselves walking weapons.

—---------------------------------------------------------
A space exploration RP to look for intelligent life beyond our solar system. Participants are onboard a spaceship about to investigate a potentially inhabited planet.

To get more info about the RP:

Main: Futuristic - The Columbus Initiative
OOC: Futuristic - The Columbus Initiative OOC

Last edited:
How would the strongest augmetic implants compare with mystic abilities?
Hmm pm me your idea? They certainly could rival them. Main difference is power source, augmented people require charges, batteries, supplements, maintenance, but can eclipse the mystic if they're given enough charge.

K so just to note I'm gunna claim Gunnery Officer (ship weapons) if that's cool then?
Alright sounds good, I haven't written that much on the ship's weaponry though, you have suggestions on what cannons the ship would have?

This. Oh my gosh. This.

This is the most EPIC scfi Fi theme song I ever heard...

We need this space ship. Now.

Ohh I really like the spaceship design, like an old timey warship going out to space lol. Like the primary weapons would be laser cannons then?

Ohh I really like the spaceship design, like an old timey warship going out to space lol. Like the primary weapons would be laser cannons then?
Yeah she is soooooo cool. Bruh she even has small fighter planes that launch from inside too!!
10185348t2.jpg

Yeah she is soooooo cool. Bruh she even has small fighter planes that launch from inside too!!
10185348t2.jpg
Dang okay lol I think that'll work as the complete ship scheme. Makes it easy too to position our characters on board since we now have a clear image. Think we should also get a shuttle plane for a small landing party to the planets right?

Dang okay lol I think that'll work as the complete ship scheme. Makes it easy too to position our characters on board since we now have a clear image. Think we should also get a shuttle plane for a small landing party to the planets right?
K yeah thinkin any pix will do for a shuttle tho.

But tbh I know nothing about military ships and crews so Imma just say my charrie incharge of the guns and just make stuff up about that lol

We just watched the live action Space Battleship YAMOTO!!

Felt like it should have been a trilogy but still action was DAAAAYAAAAM!! Get to see all guns in action. Including the Wave Cannon!! Like sooooooo OP lol. Still...

We just watched the live action Space Battleship YAMOTO!!

Felt like it should have been a trilogy but still action was DAAAAYAAAAM!! Get to see all guns in action. Including the Wave Cannon!! Like sooooooo OP lol. Still...

Yeah lol I feel like the cannon they fired at the sky has got to be nuclear level

Hey! I might be interested. Let me ask a question in DMs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back