• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Futuristic Space Adventure with Magic

Morning everyone, let's hear it!
Haha well basically it's just adding the space pirate element to the space exploration, so the officers/people in charge on the mission have actually volunteered or were assigned; they're scientists, military, etc. But then the rest of the crew are criminals who took a plea deal- 'go on this exploration mission and, if you come back alive, we'll wipe your records'; Suicide Squad style ;P

Haha well basically it's just adding the space pirate element to the space exploration, so the officers/people in charge on the mission have actually volunteered or were assigned; they're scientists, military, etc. But then the rest of the crew are criminals who took a plea deal- 'go on this exploration mission and, if you come back alive, we'll wipe your records'; Suicide Squad style ;P
Lol realistically if they've spent 2 billion just for AI, they'd have definitely cut corners with the crew.

I can see it like this, to ensure that essential personnels like the higher ups in the military and the science team won't have to risk their necks in a hostile, unknown, alien environment, they source mercs and people who won't be missed as the first to make contact. If they die, then the ship would either leave or switch to lethal mode.

Lol realistically if they've spent 2 billion just for AI, they'd have definitely cut corners with the crew.

I can see it like this, to ensure that essential personnels like the higher ups in the military and the science team won't have to risk their necks in a hostile, unknown, alien environment, they source mercs and people who won't be missed as the first to make contact. If they die, then the ship would either leave or switch to lethal mode.
I think the leader and one or two members in upper management should definitely be people who were assigned/volunteered though? Like a scientist, a captain who's career military... It gives the crew leadership and direction, and makes for interesting character dynamics potential between the straight-laced and the scum ;P

Also, can one of the people who won't be missed be a thief currently serving out a long-ass prison sentence in a hole on some second-rate moon? He took the deal to get out of jail; his specialty would be tech.

I think the leader and one or two members in upper management should definitely be people who were assigned/volunteered though? Like a scientist, a captain who's career military... It gives the crew leadership and direction, and makes for interesting character dynamics potential between the straight-laced and the scum ;P

Also, can one of the people who won't be missed be a thief currently serving out a long-ass prison sentence in a hole on some second-rate moon? He took the deal to get out of jail; his specialty would be tech.
Right my main character here is supposed to be the one in with the management. He's potentially leading the landing party for the first contact. There are plenty hardass military folks to keep everyone in check I'd imagine.

Yep I'd imagine the project's bosses managed to secure a backchannel in many correctional facilities to source for talented individuals without a hefty price tag. Though would he specialize in ship electronics like a technician or is he more like a technopath? I think BuggaBoo BuggaBoo 's character is also kind of like a technopath right?

Right my main character here is supposed to be the one in with the management. He's potentially leading the landing party for the first contact. There are plenty hardass military folks to keep everyone in check I'd imagine.

Yep I'd imagine the project's bosses managed to secure a backchannel in many correctional facilities to source for talented individuals without a hefty price tag. Though would he specialize in ship electronics like a technician or is he more like a technopath? I think BuggaBoo BuggaBoo 's character is also kind of like a technopath right?
Nah totally mundane human- a lot of programming and basic electronics repairs.

Ohh definitely I mean maintaining the shuttle, the armor, weaponries, we don't have that yet lol I'm planning my character to be one, but it's gonna look out of character

Nope. My girlie is Ironman. But badass and sexy... and piratey!! NyaRRRRR!!!

But fr tho yeah, she has a superpower to manipulate/commune and partially meld with tech esp. weapons.

Gonna read up more on this but it sounds pretty sweet if you’re still needing to fill crew positions.

Ohh definitely I mean maintaining the shuttle, the armor, weaponries, we don't have that yet lol I'm planning my character to be one, but it's gonna look out of character
My charrie is Gunnery officer. So like she in charge of weapons systems right?

I've never seen magic and space exploration done together before and it really intrigues me. So count me in if you're open to add anyone new to your crew :D

What roles are available?

How about Chief Navigator?

The Chief Navigator's (CN) primary responsibility is to be aware of ship position at all times. Responsibilities include planning the journey, advising the Captain or CO of estimated timing to destinations while en route, and ensuring hazards are avoided. The navigator is in charge of maintaining the aircraft or ship's star charts, planetary maps, and navigational equipment.

How about Chief Navigator?

The Chief Navigator's (CN) primary responsibility is to be aware of ship position at all times. Responsibilities include planning the journey, advising the Captain or CO of estimated timing to destinations while en route, and ensuring hazards are avoided. The navigator is in charge of maintaining the aircraft or ship's star charts, planetary maps, and navigational equipment.
Do it. Do eeeeet!!

Well, don't mind me taking that spot then lol

K this is the crew of the Isabella so far:

Jumpy, research obsessed Magi - Chief Science Officer
Badass, skeletons in closet Adept - Gunnery Officer

...supercomputer AI worth 2 billies (that may or may not be plotting against us!!)

Come on down and drop an app!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back