• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern The Circle of Life OOC

Main
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Other
Here
Thanks.
Yeah I noticed that too especially since I read everyone's CS already. Don't worry as they grow older I'm sure they will have more obvious differences

Good question. 2002. I was thinking that we could just have a modern take on everything. So technology/news/gossip could take place in present day (like they could say President Trump..or kimye's 3rs baby), but the year number would change as they age (we'll start with 2002). Just so we're all on the same page and because (if this pulls through) we don't really know future society stuff..does that make sense?

Xanto Xanto Apologies on the late CS turn-in :) Just busy with life. I am awaiting approval and I also have an idea for a Children plot, as we are at this stage right now.
How about the kids all go on some random adventure? Or maybe there is a lockdown and the kids, by coincedence, are all out, and not in their classrooms like they should be. They reunite in groups of two or three in a struggle to find a safe spot and avoid whatever menace that triggered the lockdown in the first place. This also gives the characters a chance to get to know one another a bit, because being forced in a virtual life or death situation is a perfect situation to make friends :D

madame moiselle madame moiselle I updated the "lore" with your ideas. Random adventure sounds good. I was thinking the lockdown would be a good pre-teen one though since they're all dramatic and confused. Ya know what I mean?

Childstage could be the kids going on an adventure and "running away." Maybe they make a clubhouse/den somewhere? The lockdown idea sounds really good. Will post if I come up with any ideas :)

Good question. 2002. I was thinking that we could just have a modern take on everything. So technology/news/gossip could take place in present day (like they could say President Trump..or kimye's 3rs baby), but the year number would change as they age (we'll start with 2002). Just so we're all on the same page and because (if this pulls through) we don't really know future society stuff..does that make sense?
Not entirely sure how I feel about this. I understand where your coming from, but an important aspect of a story about aging is the world changing around them; technology, political tensions, and social trends over time all serve to shape people as they grow older, and we would be remiss to leave such aspects out. However, I do understand your concern about it and won't challenge it.

also im kinda salty gameboy advances dont get to be a thing in this rp

You got a point there dude. Hm, I mean we could work around the time traveling in one way . .
We could go through 2002 -2018 like its normal. Then we could alter the news around them, but we got to be careful and not make the play futuristic. So we could say The Rock becomes president; however, we would still have technology pertaining to our decade even if we make it to the 2nd etc generation. That's the only way I could think around the timeline or else the rp wouldn't be modern/realistic anymore.

I'll leave it to a vote.

Lava Lava ClownPope ClownPope Miljonz Miljonz EllaaaEllaaaa EllaaaEllaaaa Clowns Or Midgets Clowns Or Midgets Sizniche Sizniche madame moiselle madame moiselle
We got a couple timeline options to follow since this rp would hopefully take place over more than one generation. Please take your vote!

a. They are currently in the year 2002. I was thinking that we could just have a modern take on everything. So technology/news/gossip could take place in present day (like they could say President Trump..or kimye's 3rd baby), but the year number would change as they age (we'll start with 2002). Just so we're all on the same page and because (if this pulls through) we don't really know future society stuff..does that make sense?

b. We could go through 2002 -2018 like its normal. Then we could alter the news around them, but we got to be careful and not make the play futuristic. So we could say The Rock becomes president; however, we would still have technology pertaining to our decade even if we make it to the 2nd etc generation. That's the only way I could think around the timeline or else the rp wouldn't be modern/realistic anymore.

Seeing that there are 8 people, once an option exceeds 5 votes that's the timeline we'll stick to. If you think you have a better idea then let me know.

EllaaaEllaaaa EllaaaEllaaaa Ello, thanks for the input. Just letting ya know that I'm posting after you respond to Ryan or Miljonz Miljonz replies to Mr. Talavera.

@LittleLazari333 Please click the spoiler.
Hey! Thanks for showing interest in the rp. We are actually looking for lengthier and more descriptive posts though so I won't be able to accept you. Thanks again for making an effort to submit a CS. Hope to see you around RpN again.

Seating Chart. They won't spend the whole time in class, but here's a vague draft of their Kindergarten seating chart and a spoiler with pictures of the room they are in. (Locations have been added to the "Lore" thread)
68ce7afdc8641a34a8a81c38468a30d1--classroom-setup-kindergarten-classroom.jpg

pre-kindergarten_room_5.jpg
Students: Justine Adams ClownPope ClownPope , Dimitri Alexeiev madame moiselle madame moiselle , Ryan Decarlo Xanto Xanto , Dante Ichiro Sluper Sluper , Jay Lokhart Miljonz Miljonz , Calvin McGeary Sizniche Sizniche , Harper Rhodes Clowns Or Midgets Clowns Or Midgets , Eerica Taylor EllaaaEllaaaa EllaaaEllaaaa , Bethany Todd Lava Lava

Circle of Life Seating Chart.png

You got a point there dude. Hm, I mean we could work around the time traveling in one way . .
We could go through 2002 -2018 like its normal. Then we could alter the news around them, but we got to be careful and not make the play futuristic. So we could say The Rock becomes president; however, we would still have technology pertaining to our decade even if we make it to the 2nd etc generation. That's the only way I could think around the timeline or else the rp wouldn't be modern/realistic anymore.

I'll leave it to a vote.

Lava Lava ClownPope ClownPope Miljonz Miljonz EllaaaEllaaaa EllaaaEllaaaa Clowns Or Midgets Clowns Or Midgets Sizniche Sizniche madame moiselle madame moiselle
We got a couple timeline options to follow since this rp would hopefully take place over more than one generation. Please take your vote!

a. They are currently in the year 2002. I was thinking that we could just have a modern take on everything. So technology/news/gossip could take place in present day (like they could say President Trump..or kimye's 3rd baby), but the year number would change as they age (we'll start with 2002). Just so we're all on the same page and because (if this pulls through) we don't really know future society stuff..does that make sense?

b. We could go through 2002 -2018 like its normal. Then we could alter the news around them, but we got to be careful and not make the play futuristic. So we could say The Rock becomes president; however, we would still have technology pertaining to our decade even if we make it to the 2nd etc generation. That's the only way I could think around the timeline or else the rp wouldn't be modern/realistic anymore.

Seeing that there are 8 people, once an option exceeds 5 votes that's the timeline we'll stick to. If you think you have a better idea then let me know.

Sorry for the inactivity been super busy and ill ugh xD

Doesn't affect me really I'd say A or B works!

Miljonz Miljonz Ryan didn't slump next to you, Mr. Talavera the teacher did haha. Anyway, I just posted. I'll give you some time to edit your first paragraph according to the way Jay would interact with the teacher slumping next to him. In my post I just pretended that Jay didn't interact with Ryan yet since there was a little character interaction misunderstanding. Let me know when you edit it and I'll have Mr. T respond and start the class.

TO ALL
Also, random spur of the moment feedback I need from y'all. Do you want to rp class time or skip to recess?

Miljonz Miljonz Ryan didn't slump next to you, Mr. Talavera the teacher did haha. Anyway, I just posted. I'll give you some time to edit your first paragraph according to the way Jay would interact with the teacher slumping next to him. In my post I just pretended that Jay didn't interact with Ryan yet since there was a little character interaction misunderstanding. Let me know when you edit it and I'll have Mr. T respond and start the class.

TO ALL
Also, random spur of the moment feedback I need from y'all. Do you want to rp class time or skip to recess?

omg i'm so sorry

results of not sleeping

*note to self*

Apologies xD

TO ALL

I'd actually like to se how the class turns out but at a young age it may be slightly boring and i respect the decision my fellow role-players make

Xanto Xanto Do you think we could have a reference image of Mr. Talavera? Or have you given one...? If you have imma drag ma ass over to an eye sight testing shop omg.

Xanto Xanto

Heyllo!

I'm officially on my way to a full recovery. I'm at least well enough to work on a Character Sheet so I'm making one right now.

Also I don't know if anyone suggested a birthday party as a plot point yet. Maybe one at a Chucke Cheese equivalent if during the child stage.

Xanto Xanto Do you think we could have a reference image of Mr. Talavera? Or have you given one...? If you have imma drag ma ass over to an eye sight testing shop omg.
Haven't given one . . . I actually don't know who to use so I'll give ya the honors of picking a random person.

Webs Elk Webs Elk Try emphasizing on the child's personality if possible. As we go through the stages we'll create "new" character sheets . . really the same thing but a bit updated just to demonstrate the development ya know? Also, thanks for the idea! I'll update the list now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back