• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom The Batteries OOC

Main
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Other
Here
I'm the only person at my job (Corona Virus scared the rest away) so I've been sitting and watching YouTube all day. No one's stealing my radioactive sources while I'm sitting here at my desk, no sirreebob
Speaking of the virus my mom is not happy she needed to go to the library and they done closed it. She said she felt like laughing. And I think she's about ready to lose it.

Yeah? It's pretty crazy so far. I had to quarantine most of the lab I work at and I keep having to turn away clients with samples. Louisiana hasn't shit down or anything, but I keep getting the same people day after day.

I did read though that gamma radiation can deactivate virus'. So I'm just gonna sit around this spicy boy and wait for it all to be over.
IMG_20200316_085800.jpg
(That's through lead shielding and outside of the building I keep it in.)

Things have been going alright. I'm a pretty big homebody so things haven't affected me too much. School's moved to online classes, so been getting used to that. Otherwise, I've just been sitting around and playing video games. Iceborne for Monster Hunter World's been pretty good, and doing dailies for FF14 has been taking up most of my time.

I play on the PC. I basically play only PC games cause for a while I moved around a lot and it was easier to have a laptop than a console.

I kind of guessed that was going to be the answer. I want to get a PC, but my current living situation leaves me with little extra money to buy a good one. I just have a really weak laptop

Dragonruby Dragonruby MocaPoka MocaPoka

I went to go edit my CS to fix the HP when I saw the "Magical Girl Prodigy" Asset and remembered that I needed to ask this.

Does this give my character an extra spell? Also, is it possible to gain a special ability if you get certain Assets/Drawbacks together? I realized that if I have Impetuous and Thrill Seeker, I think my character would have a faster reaction time towards an incoming attack, or even be able to pull off some feint attacks.

If the Magic thing isn't too specific as to what it can do, can I by chance use it to make the Scythe be able to have a second blade grow on the mirror opposite of it? Just thinking about the instances of where this could be useful.

Also another question, Are MADO simulations a thing in the RP, like how the EVA had them in the first movie? It would be a good excuse for me to make data on EXCALIBUR if only for the Simulation only.
Yes you do get an extra spell (totally forgot.) Yes, you can use the magic to make another scythe blade. In an average situation we'll just make it so the scythe does like a double attack.

For combining certain Assets/Drawbacks together I'm going to say no; since a lot of combinations could make a shit ton of stuff.

Simulations (useful ones at least) wouldn't really be a thing since every MADO is so unique. The practices would be live as the pilots got used to moving and "feeling" their MADO.

That sounds exceedingly dangerous to do for real.

Not only would we be gaining corruption, but beating the hell out of eachother and incuring repair costs. Seems like it'd be more bad than good, for all the training it'd get the pilots. I honestly don't see why simulations can't be a thing. The Incubators already cheat anyways, just say they help provide the data or something with their advanced alien magic tech.

You guys can just play "Call of Duty 47 MG OPs"... same thing

Yes you do get an extra spell (totally forgot.) Yes, you can use the magic to make another scythe blade. In an average situation we'll just make it so the scythe does like a double attack.

For combining certain Assets/Drawbacks together I'm going to say no; since a lot of combinations could make a shit ton of stuff.

Simulations (useful ones at least) wouldn't really be a thing since every MADO is so unique. The practices would be live as the pilots got used to moving and "feeling" their MADO.

I think I could use that Invisibility spell if possible.

Its with a heavy heart that I report CatJones CatJones wont be able to rp with us. So another pilot spot will be opened up.
We will start this Saturday, with however many people we have.

So just some final edits and thoughts before we start tomorrow.

Dragonruby Dragonruby remember that you have the Sponsor pick. Later on they can serve as a minor antagonist force. So we might discuss plans for that if the RP goes that long.

Gundam Watcher 27 Gundam Watcher 27 for Sayaka she is going to be forcibly retired by Zauber. She has lost all of her MG traits and abilities and is used as a poster girl MG for recruitment and propaganda. She has little to no inside knowledge on current Zauber operations and is mistrusted by the higher ups as a possible security risk. Zauber has supplied her with a nice apartment and steady paycheck for her recruitment work. SITFO in particular is paranoid about her and has her under near 24 surveillance. Personally I would rp her as depressed and disgruntled, but I'll leave that to you unless you want me to rp her.

animegirl20 animegirl20 your character is the closest there is in this story to a Madoka since you have Threads of Fate. So strange crap might be happening around you and if the RP lasts for long enough your character will be the start of some new plot points.

.chxrryette. .chxrryette. I don' have anything for you... your character is great.

Steve Freeling Steve Freeling your stats don't quite fit in the parameters for Assets and drawbacks. (You need to be between -15 and 0 Depth after you've added up everything.) You may select no more than five Drawbacks and five Assets. No Asset or Drawback may be taken multiple times. Currently you have +10 I believe. Also if your picking team leader your character will have a bit more attention and responsiblity thrown on them, especially in the beginning. Which in this story is like going on hard mode.

Finally it looks like I'll be writing for the Operations Officer so I will gen up that character for ya'll. Unless one falls from the sky.

Last edited:
Steve Freeling Steve Freeling It looks like you severally undercut your attributes. I honestly don't know what you did, but you get 2 in each stat base from the start, and then 5 points to spread between them which gives you a base of 13 total, and then you add on modifiers from Assets/Drawbacks. You've got a +4 total from all your drawbacks and assets totaled together, so you should have 17 total in your attributes.

Your stat minimums, before you spread out the 5 free points you get should be:
Strength: 3
Dexterity: 2
Heart: 4
Mind: 3

All I can figure is that I made a mistake during the planning stages, maybe the spectre of one of the Drawbacks I removed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back