• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy The Amnesiac Prince

Link Nightingale

Teller of Tales
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
[I also have this on another site, so please don't accuse me of stealing the idea since I am the one who posted it.]

The King is Dead, Long Live the King...is a phrase heard in whispers, considering that the old king was dead, his throne seized by a now tyrant ruler. There also had been rumors, that the crown prince, the rightful heir to the throne was dead, but the kingdom's core, the magical heart of the kingdom has not twisted and bent in evil like cores of other kingdoms that had been taken over, giving the people hope that the heir was still alive, somewhere. Countless adventures are out looking for him in hopes of taking back the throne or perhaps kill him.

Little did they know, that was true, the prince had escaped the siege of the castle with the help of a close servant, however, in the chase, the servant lost their life and the prince was severally injured and without his memories when he awoke, having been taken in by an old couple who ran a bakery, once he had recovered and with no place to go, they adopted him and taught him how to operate the bakery.

When they eventually retired, he took over the shop and now runs it, unaware of his past, however, time is ticking, and the longer the Kingom's Core goes without the rightful heir performing the inheritance ritual, the kingdom's magic is slowly dying.

Oooh! This seems very interesting! What kind of characters would you be looking for?

Thank you :D and mostly people to be on both sides you know? Those who want to overthrow the government/find the prince to protect him and of course the other side who well yes want to find the prince, but to kill him and whatnot. Both sides know that the prince is alive, but they just don't know who he is since he was like young when this all happen, and he would be about late teens/early adult now.

Oooohh. Okay... I have a few ideas brewing, but I am happy to wait till some other join before I do anything else :D

I'll give this a few more days to see if anyone else is interested in joining, if not, I don't mind turning it into a One x One if you want. :)

I'll throw my hat in the ring... I'd like to play a villain.
The royal advisor to the tyrant, perhaps... or one of their assassins or sorcerers. 😎

Before I do the opening post, is there any order anyone wants to post in, or just tag whoever is talking at the moment?

I'm cool with whatever.

Do we want to maybe go through sort of who everyone is so that we know any existing relationships, goals, etc? Just so we're all on the same page?

If not, nbd, but I wanted to check haha

Will there be any more information regarding the world the story takes place in? Any character sheet criteria, etc? I’m just a bit lost, character creation-wise. I’d like to make a magic-wielding character but I’m not sure how the magic in your world would occur (and the last thing I want is to make an OP character :’D)

PS: I concur with above post.

You're all good. I'm just not awake yet. I work a permeant afternoon/evening shift in real life so I legit just rolled out of bed atm. 😂 and yes, I'm going to set up a thread here as soon as get some coffee into me with some info dumping.

Alrighty :D It's up now in the Extra's Thread, as the same name so no one gets confused. I'll edit/add more if needed when I get the chance since I gotta get to work here soon, so I'll probably be off and on.

Before I do the opening post, is there any order anyone wants to post in, or just tag whoever is talking at the moment?
Oh, I reckon we might get off to a stronger start if we figure out who everyone's characters are/what their relationships to the others are. 🙂

Also, what vibe are you aiming for with this story? Epic adventure? A mystery/crime vibe as people try to find the prince and who betrayed them? A comedy? What's your vision for the focus of this story? 🙂

Oh, I reckon we might get off to a stronger start if we figure out who everyone's characters are/what their relationships to the others are. 🙂

Also, what vibe are you aiming for with this story? Epic adventure? A mystery/crime vibe as people try to find the prince and who betrayed them? A comedy? What's your vision for the focus of this story? 🙂
I definitely second this! The vibe will help a lot when deciding what kind of characters we are looking for.

I'll throw my hat in the ring... I'd like to play a villain.
The royal advisor to the tyrant, perhaps... or one of their assassins or sorcerers. 😎
Also, as a second note, I'd be down to perhaps play the daughter of the tyrant (especially if you go the route of the advisor or something). Maybe a spy. Or someone else involved on the "evil" side (but maybe more morally grey than evil lol)

I got a thread started in the Extra section that's under the same name for Character Sheets and the like. The first post comment was pre coffee me xD.

I'm going for an epic adventure/mystery kind of vibe since people want to find the prince to either take back the kingdom and take it back to it's formal glory or well, really make sure he does die.

Though, for something funny, what they don't know is that they kind of already found him since he is one of the townes bakers.

I definitely second this! The vibe will help a lot when deciding what kind of characters we are looking for.

Also, as a second note, I'd be down to perhaps play the daughter of the tyrant (especially if you go the route of the advisor or something). Maybe a spy. Or someone else involved on the "evil" side (but maybe more morally grey than evil lol)
Oh yessss, let's be villains together 😎😎😎
I'll pm you to discuss our sinister plans, if you like!

Oh yessss, let's be villains together 😎😎😎
I'll pm you to discuss our sinister plans, if you like!
Ahhhh yessss! That sounds great!

I got a thread started in the Extra section that's under the same name for Character Sheets and the like. The first post comment was pre coffee me xD.

I'm going for an epic adventure/mystery kind of vibe since people want to find the prince to either take back the kingdom and take it back to it's formal glory or well, really make sure he does die.

Though, for something funny, what they don't know is that they kind of already found him since he is one of the townes bakers.
Okay cool! That definitely helps

Cool, roger that!
Let me pm ya quick with some sneaky villain ideas so that I don't ruin the surprise for Team Prince 😌

Users who are viewing this thread

Back