• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy The Academy of Fine Magic and Arts

OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
"Levitating spells? Can't say that I'm familiar with that magic myself unfortunately." She said but with a slight grin she put forth her forearm "This is more my style." as her veins began to glow a dark purple and dark colored vines began to grow from them and a red bloody colored rose bloomed out. "I'm still relatively new to my powers." she said as she plucked the rose and offered it to the girl. "So, levitation magic. Is that what you do?"

Shagranoz Shagranoz

Violet Scanned her surrounding until she saw a building with 'Administration' in block lettering above the door. "Well, I guess that's where I need to go." As she continued in the direction of the building Violet started to look around at the other people on campus, most people looked human-esque, she was shocked that there weren't trolls or orcs or any other obviously magical races. 'Maybe they were keeping to themselves' she pondered as she reached the door of the building. Another deep inhale as she mustered up the courage to grab the doorknob and go through the door, the start to her new life and the school.

The building had several people in it, lots of new students waiting to get the keys to their new home. She shuffled past several pairs and individuals, she avoided physical contact wherever possible as it somehow enhanced her ability. As she got to the desk she looked up and saw the attendant "Please can I see your student pass?" Violet nodded and rummaged through the small satchel she had over her shoulder. She fished out her purse and obtained the plastic card which had her photograph (submitted by her parents without her knowledge. It was an awful photograph) and her student ID number. "Okay Miss Euryale you're in Dorm 106, you do have a roommate however it appears she hasn't checked in yet." The attendant handed her the key, a small piece of wood attached by a keyring with her room number engraved into it. She looked at the key for a while. She had never lived away from her parents so this was a big event for her. There was also a small pile of paperwork with a few formalities "I just need you to sign here to confirm that you have collected your key" Violet grabbed the pen from the ink well to her side and scratched her signature onto the document. "Thank you" She politely spoke as the attendant moved to the next student.

Interacting with: Herself and Attendant
Speech Colour: Violet #EE82EE Attendant #61BD6D

Arlo smiled and held out her hand to Sarena.
"Yeah, I better get going. It was nice meeting you. I'd love to be your friend."
She waved goodbye and started to find her dorm. She eventually found the proper number and opened the door.
"Hello Roomi-- Jeffrey!"
Arlo nearly dropped her head in shock.

Stellar Eclipse Stellar Eclipse

Sarena went back to her room. She let her hair down again, letting the strands float around her. Going up to the loft, Sarena thought about everything that has happened to her today. She thought about Arlo and Jeffrey. “There’s something about Jeffrey that I just can’t place... Maybe it’s just me.” Sarena mumbled into the empty room. With nothing to do, Sarena used her abilities as entertainment. She danced in the air, she had a lovely talk with the moon, and she made some clothes and food for herself using her stardust. “What else can I do?” She wondered. Sarena lay in her bed with a book, wishing to find a way to make simply reading her book more interesting. She shot upright as the idea came to her. She floated out to the air, laying down on nothingness but keeping her back flat as if something was keeping her from flipping upside down. All Sarena wanted to do in this new space was read.

Mentioned: Radio_Rat66.6 Radio_Rat66.6 and Aeshae Aeshae

A soft click from the door showed it was being unlocked, and Jeffrey paused. What would be the best way to introduce himself to someone he would be living with for a year? Maybe casually? Wait for them to make the first move?
He wouldn’t know however, as the door opened. Holding up his hand in a small wave, he paused.
“Hello Roomi- Jeffrey!”
“Eh?”
Jeffrey stared at Arlo in surprise, his mouth held slightly open. He knew the dorms were co-ed but he didn’t think they meant it like this!
“Uh, hi Arlo.” Jeffrey mumbled, unsure of what to do. From his last run in, it seemed like she and Sarena wanted some space. To run into her again so soon, and for them to be roommates?
‘Say something Jeffrey, anything!’
“Um, these keys are pretty big huh? Ha...ha ha...”

With: Radio_Rat66.6 Radio_Rat66.6

Arlo gripped her head tighter since she had almost dropped it.
"Hi."
She walked in and closed the door. She set her head down on a table so she could use both her hands to set up her stuff.
"Funny seeing you here, huh?"
She chuckled nervously before looking at the ceiling. Her body continued to unpack things over at her bed. Some of her stuff had already been dropped off, still in boxes. She pulled out her blankets and started making her bed.
"I guess we're roommates now."

Aeshae Aeshae

Clair Aotian Yu
Clair went inside the campus and sought out the directory office, or whatever office that would give her room number. Once she got registered into her room, she went to the dormitory to find her room. She learned she will be given a roommate named Yahir Arslain. Thinking about her last name, it made her chuckle a little because it sounded like 'arse' in the beginning. She also thought of it as 'ar-slain' which she assumed that's how you'd say it. When she got to the room, she saw no one was there but her. She guessed her roommate was also new to the school seeing that the dormitory was as empty as an apartment room still up for rent. It was well kept though, she'll give the dormitory staff that. She then saw two different beds, being in a symmetrical style to where the window was in the middle of the two, with a night stand under it. She then saw on one side there was a study desk. On the other side of the room was the bathroom. Both sides had the same closet design so that the two roommates could put their clothes into them separately. Though, Clair chose the bed that was closest to the desk, since that's where she placed her laptop. She placed her bags next to the bed she claimed so she can already assert her dominance upon it. She didn't have anything to decorate the room with, so she just laid on her bed and began scrolling through her phone, punching in the password to the dormitory wifi. She then began to unpack and started storing her clothes into her closet and putting her tooth brush in a cup along with the tooth paste in the bathroom. She left her BCP and other girl stuff in her luggage and stored it under the bed since it fits. She placed her backpack against the bed, since she was told to attend classes the next day since today was only for her to get situated in her new room and greet her new roommate when she sees her. She wasn't sure if roommates were paired by gender or not, and the name Yahir made it sound of middle-eastern origin and she barely knew any names related to Yahir so she couldn't tell the gender of how the name sounded. She hoped it was a girl roommate, so she didn't have to deal with any troublesome boys. But even if she did have a male roommate, she knew how to fight back if needed. She still has that butterfly knife in her pocket! Once she finished settling in, she took off her hat and her jacket, popped a pocky in her mouth and began reading webcomics off her phone. Later, she kicked off her boots which were dropped in front of her bed, and her stockings seemed more custom made than normal. Without the boots, her toes and the front part of her foot was exposed, along with her heel. She continued to read until her roommate came by. How long would that be, she wondered...?
Takumi98 Takumi98

Last edited:
Jeffrey nodded, not quite wanting to stare at the girl while she unpacked. Instead, he opted to sit at his desk, making busy with his art supplies.
"So uh, what's your schedule?" It was the only topic he could think of, as he still felt awkward and unsure of what would be appropriate to say.
"Maybe we have a class together. I'm a Paint major."
Jeffrey quickly glanced at his phone, taking in the time. 'I've only been at this school for maybe an hour, and I'm already starting to push people away again. Damn it...' Even if he knew it in his heart, even if his family told him upright, even if he overheard his classmates talking behind his back, Jeffrey didn't know how to be "interesting" or "charismatic." It felt hard and he noticed that every word falls off slowly like he wasn't speaking correctly.
At the very least, he was determined to let Arlo feel comfortable enough to continue her magic tricks inside of the dorm room. If she was that into it to do it in the privacy of her living space, then who was he to judge that?

Arlo tried to look over at Jeffrey when he went to his table.
"Oh, my schedule? I haven't looked at it much but I know I have Art, Theater, and Advanced Pyrokinesis. I don't know much else if there is anymore, but those are the ones I was most excited for."
She closed her eyes for a moment.
"Hey Jeffrey, could you do me a favor? Could you pick my head up and bring me over there with you? I like being able to see people when I'm talking to them."

Aeshae Aeshae

Carrie nodded. "Spellcrafting's more the witch side of me than the demon, but they both have their quirks." As the rose grew, Carrie gave the other girl an appreciative look. "Creating life from nothing is rather difficult- I'm really impressed."

Yahir entered her dorm with a small yawn, having woken up a bit late, or at least it felt like it, she had been in such a rush she put on one stocking that was longer than the other, but deciding that she didn't have time to change she went with it. Staying up almost all night trying to do necromancy on a dead mouse she found didn't help much either.

Unfortunately by the time she arrived she realized she wasn't late at all, and since she was still a bit sleepy, figured that relaxing in her dorm room and getting to know her roommate were the first things she'd do. Her hair was slightly messy since she didn't put too much effort into brushing it before leaving. Seeing Clair, Yahir perked up. "Oh! Hello, you must be my roommate. Clair A....um, Ao-tian?" She greeted, though winced a bit as she botched it trying to remember how the staff personel she spoke to pronounced her roommates last name. "I'm Yahir Arslain, your roommate." She added, hoping her mistake wasn't too bad. Placing the backpack and suitcase she brought with her on the unoccupied bed in the room she sat and made herself comfortable sitting criss-cross applesauce on it.

CasualTea CasualTea

"Ah?" Jeffrey paused and looked at Arlo, well, her head anyways. He shifted in his seat, remembering the conversation an hour earlier about how other kids would mess with her head.
"Um, if you're okay with it..."
He cleared his desk's left side by shoving it to the right, and then placed a pillow down on it. Then, as gingerly as possible, Jeffrey cupped his hands at Arlo's jaw and cheeks. Surprisingly, it was a lot heavier than he imagined. Moving slowly across the room, he carefully set down Arlo's head on the pillow before sitting back down on his chair. Glancing at the body still unpacking, Jeffrey made a mental note to ask her how far she could fake her head being off.
"Was that okay?"

Arlo smiled when he moved her head over, feeling the pillow beneath her head. Her eyes lit up and she smiled wider.
"Thanks for putting the pillow under me! I would've been okay if you didn't, but I appreciate it greatly. It feels so nice on my neck."
She let the silence span for a few seconds before she spoke again.
"I know you have questions. I have questions too, but i'll let you go first. Ask every question you possibly have about me or what I am! Don't worry about the embarrassing questions! I've gotten some pretty embarrassing questions before!"
She laughed and smiled brightly.

Aeshae Aeshae

Jeffrey nodded, his face straight at Arlo's laughter. Questions? Did she mean like roommate questions? That would make sense. For a moment Jeffrey's eyes trailed to Arlo's body, lingering at the blue flames that gently remained at the neck.
No, she hinted that kids had bullied her before about her hobbies, so asking about that might alarm her. In that case, the safest bet would be...
"Um, where are you from? Any family or anything like that?" He paused for another moment, then adding "What do you think Rosette is going to be like?"

Girls Frontline AA-12 on Drugs.jpg
Hearing someone come in and introduce themselves, she guessed Yahir beat her to the chip. She put down her phone and sat up and spoke, while turning her head to Yahir. "Yeah you got the last name right. Sup Yahi--- A-Are those...?"Clair was surprised when she saw Yahir's horns and ears. She didn't really care that her skin was slightly darker than hers, there are people like that. But with horns and pointed ears? Clair questioned herself and hopped off her bed, rushing over to Yahir to examine further. She looked closely at her face with a curiously determined look. She then gently grabbed one of her horns with just her finger tips of one hand and feeling one of her ears with the other. They were indeed real. To her, this was way better than when she was tripping on that rainbow stuff the other day. Her eyes seemed to brighten as a smile spread across her face. "Whoa..!! They are real! Hey hey! Are you human? Wait, no you couldn't be human, haha-- What are you?!" Clair asked, seeming excited from this bizarre discovery. Yeah, this was definitely way better than when she sniffed that rainbow stuff and tripped on it hard. She didn't get a nosebleed! Well, who would get a nosebleed just from merely examining someone

Takumi98 Takumi98

Arlo frowned softly.
"Jeffrey....I know you have other questions. Like I said, don't worry about asking weird questions, straightforward questions, whatever you can think of. I know one that's burning at the back of your head. Just go ahead and ask it!"

Aeshae Aeshae

Oh, so her roommate was a human? Clair's response was one Yahir wouldn't really expect from a human, but it was a welcomed change of pace.

"I'm half witch, half demon. What kind of demon my father was I'm not sure, probably an incubus." She answered, ears twitching at Clair's touch.

"Some others usually assume part dragon, though." She added with a bit of a chuckle. Dragons were pretty cool. Y'know, when they aren't given a bad rep.

CasualTea CasualTea

The burning question? Once more he glanced at her body. Well, if she’s okay with it...
“When did you first start getting into magic? This is really good.”
Jeffrey still hadn’t found exactly how she appeared headless, or how this “head” was able to talk and make expressions, so Arlo seemed to be a master at it.
Regardless, he wanted to be open minded. Maybe she can teach him some tricks? His mom and just about everyone else have always told him he needed to find a hobby.

"Well, its less of me creating life and more like... me extending a part of myself into them. My plants are a part me as I am a part of them." She paused for a second "But let's not get into that right now haha. Hey, do you happen to know if there are any seminars or assemblies soon?" she asked enthusiastically "I really want to get a head start on school work and was hoping if there was any seminar to give us more information on the school year. Maybe we could make our way to the administration office and ask?"

Shagranoz Shagranoz

"Magic? This isn't really magic. Unless you mean my pyrokinetic abilities. Which I didn't develop until about twelve years ago. But this-"
Arlo's body walked and picked her head back up.
"Is the defining trait of all Dullahan. Have you ever heard the legend of the Headless Horseman? He was a Dullahan who lost his head."
Arlo smiled softly.

Aeshae Aeshae

Jeffrey sat there, at first confused, then shocked. Yet, his expression had never changed. This Arlo girl, she was being completely honest wasn’t she? It wasn’t a matter of her believing she was magic.
“Wait, I’m sorry. Hold on.” Jeffrey closed his eyes and held up a hand, trying to regain his composure and thoughts. “Are you saying you’re like a fairy tale? Wait, does that mean that Sarena is a Dullahan too?!”
In all of his time on earth, Jeffrey had raised his voice so many time he could count them on one hand. This was one of those times.
“Wow, isn’t this is a big deal? You were just walking around like this. Wouldn’t it be a secre-...” Jeffrey paused, his mind slowly clicking as realization dawned on him.
“Is this... Is this what the sign meant by Moon something Magic? Is this a magic school?” Suddenly Jeffrey felt very out of his depth at this school, as he felt the room get much larger. Breathe. Let go. Okay.
“Thank you for telling me, suddenly everything is beginning to make a lot more sense. Are you okay with this though?” Jeffrey motioned towards the shared room. “You and I, living together. I don’t want you to be uncomfortable, especially since other peo-I mean humans, picked on you.”

Arlo smiled softly, letting him process everything.
"Yes, I'm a Dullahan. Yes, I walk around like this sometimes. No, Sarena isn't a Dullahan. I believe she's a galaxy or something of the like. Yes, this is a magic school, but Sarena informed me it's also a human art school. And yes, I'm okay living here with you. You haven't done anything against me."
She cradled her head in one hand and pulled Jeffrey into a small side hug with the other.

Aeshae Aeshae

“A galaxy...” Jeffrey stilled. Was he the only human? What was the ratio of humans to... not humans? Why did literally no one notify him about this?
He felt an arm wrap around him.
“Hm...” While it was only a second, this was the first time a schoolmate has showed any type of disclosure and intimacy with him. It was... kind of nice.
“Um, if it’s okay, can we be friends Arlo?” Jeffrey mumbled, suddenly aware of how hot his face felt. He had zero practice with this kind of thing, and had never gotten this far with someone his own age to have a chance at becoming friends. At this new school, maybe things can change.

Arlo smiled and jumped on the balls of her feet a little.
"Of course! Why wouldn't we be!? You're nice! You're interesting! You're new! Oh! Here! Watch this."
She placed her head back on and took his hand in hers. She held his hand so his palm was facing up and had hers do the same. An orange flame flickered to life in her palm. She watched it as it turned from orange to red, to blue, to white, and finally to purple. She brought her hand over to his and the flame leapt onto his palm, changing colors once again.
"Cool, huh?"
Aeshae Aeshae

"Half witch and half demon, huh...? That sounds awesome." She said as she continued to examine Yahir's features that Clair didn't have. When she heard that her father was probably an incubus, she raised a brow at Yahir. If her father was probably an incubus... Aren't those the type of demons that live off of the life sources of humans and to do that, they have sexual contact with them? She shook her head, not minding about it anymore. Obviously, Yahir could feed off of someone else if that were the case. Soon, Clair stopped before smiling softly at Yahir. "To be honest, it's my first time ever meeting anyone else who isn't human in person. I do hope that's the first you'll ever take~" She said jokingly. She then returned to her bed and as she was getting on it, her butterfly knife fell out of her pocket and hit the ground. Hearing the sound of her knife dropping, she stopped and turned around to casually pick it up. She then placed it on the night stand since it was obvious now that she had a knife, and there was no hiding it. She rolled her eyes at the fact she already failed to conceal it, and in front of her roommate. An explanation for it was surely due. "Alright, I can't really hide it now, can I? It's only for self-defense. You know, for those pesky boys who get a little bit too persistent towards a girl. So don't worry about it, and please don't tell any of the staff. Okay?" She requested, looking towards Yahir with a serious expression. It seemed obvious that Clair was able to flip a switch between her moods. From a curious and bubbly girl to a mysterious and serious girl, who seemed like you shouldn't be messed with. She then got her hat and covered the knife with it. Knowing that her roommate was a girl, she wondered if she dealt with any boys similar to the ones she's expecting to use the knife for. "Speaking about pesky boys, don't you have any experience with those types before?" Clair asked, changing the topic from the knife to those hormone-crazed boys.

Takumi98 Takumi98

Users who are viewing this thread

Back