• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy The Academy of Fine Magic and Arts

OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here

Stellar Eclipse

The Storyteller Galaxy
Sarena​
Sarena smiled. She had been waiting to join this school. “I can’t believe I’m finally here. I can’t wait to learn more galactic magic!” She squealed with excitement and rushed off into the school. The odd thing was, the sign didn’t just say “Moonlight Magic” which was the name of the school. It also said “Rosette Arts”. “Is this a school for both magic and art? Okay. I’m not an art fan but that will be cool.” Sarena started toward the front office, excited to join one of the best magic schools ever.

Last edited:
It was a warm, beautiful day in Paris. The streets were filled with tourists and locals, an assortment of mixing cultures. Jeffrey walked calmly with a backpack on his back and a large duffel bag to his side. While an American who had never left the country, he wasn't so pulled to admire the different environment that many others were currently doing. It wasn't that he couldn't appreciate it, Jeffrey just felt that a single glance was enough.
Holding a map, he made his way down winding streets until he came across a large, gated area. A large sign by the gate dubbed it "Rosette Arts." It wasn't until Jeffrey noticed an additional, same sized lettering that said, "Moonlight Magic."
"Huh. I wonder if it's a French thing."
Continuing up through the gates, he passed by many students milling about, chatting excitedly. Jeffrey paid them no mind, lower his gaze and using others' feet to watch where he was going.
"Check into the administration building first for dorm assignments..." Luckily, the front office was very easy to spot as it was quite literally in front of the other buildings, similar to a security kiosk albeit much larger.

Sarena was so excited. The people at the main office were so nice to her and it made her feel at ease. Holding her I.D., a map, and her suitcase, Sarena dashed off to the dorms. Suddenly, in her rush to get to her dorm, Sarena ran into someone, throwing everything they were holding into a frenzy of papers and luggage. “Oh no. I’m so sorry, let me help.” She said, finding everything she didn’t own and collecting it calmly and cleaning it up. “Here. Sorry about th-“ Sarena stopped speaking. She ran into a human boy. “Why are there humans in a magic school? Maybe he’s a warlock? Maybe he’s enrolled in the art classes.” She thought in a matter of seconds. “I... uh... Sorry for knocking your stuff down but... I’ve gotta go!” Sarena stammered, rushing to pick up her things and run to her dorm. “This can’t be happening! Why is this happening? This is crazy. Why are there humans here?” She thought in a flurry of panic. Sarena finally made it into her dorm room and threw her stuff onto a loft above the main room. Her face felt hot and her hands were shaking. Panic washed over her and she couldn’t tell if it was fear or embarrassment. After a minute, Serena felt better and went up to the loft to read.

Interacting with Aeshae Aeshae

(I know this interaction was weird and a bit sudden but I thought it could start up the roleplay.)

Arlo looked up at the school. Well - it was more of her holding her head up to the school. She had to make a really long walk through a town that wasn't very fond of anything besides humans with her head actually on and a scarf around her neck. She didn't like it too much because it made her neck hurt. So when she stepped onto school grounds she wrenched her head off her neck and sighed in relief.
She smiled and tucked her head under her arm and made her way to the school's front doors. On her way she saw another girl helping pick up a boy's stuff before zipping away. She decided to go and talk to him, maybe make a friend. She groaned when she realized she needed something from her backpack. She placed her head back on, tightened her scarf, and pulled her map and phone out of her backpack. She checked her schedule before she caught up with the boy.
"Hello! It's nice to meet you. How are you liking your first day? Its mine too though so I can't really compare or anything. But it looks nice so far. I can't wait to see the inside."
She said all of that in only two breaths before she realized she hadn't said her name.
"The name's Arlo by the way."
She held out her hand to him.

Aeshae Aeshae

Carrie lightly skipped her way across the campus grounds, She wanted to make a more dramatic entrance, like calling up a portal from Hell, but there were mortals around. It wouldn't have exactly been proper. So on foot it was.

The half-demon looked around at her fellow students, catching a glimpse of one actually taking her head off. Some sort of undead? Interesting- it must have been quite the feat to animate a corpse with free will. She went to unpack her things- apparently she was rooming with someone named Serena- then headed back down towards the rest of the students.

Knocked off his feet, Jeffrey could only stutter something akin to a response to the girl who knocked her down.
"It's fine, I should have watched where I was going..." She quickly helped him clean up his dropped belonging before suddenly having a fit of panic and sprinting off.
'I wonder if she recognized me from somewhere? No, this is a different country. There's no way anyone from my old school would be here... I think.' He could only hold his hand up in a mock farewell wave as she dashed off.
As he adjusted the straps of his bags, a small girl came up calmly and introduced herself to him. With a quick look around, Jeffrey could only stare dumbly as a hand was held out. "Um, me? Sorry uh, Jeffrey. Painting Courses." He took it lightly, giving a small shake. The girl, Arlo, seemed friendly enough, although Jeffrey could feel heat creep up the back of his neck as he stood there.
'She probably just felt bad after seeing me fall down... That's what this is.'
"Um, I was going to head inside to get my room assignments. If you haven't gotten um, yours, you can come with. If you'd like." Jeffrey half turned to indicate the door, realizing he never really answered Arlo's questions. "I'm from America, so uh, I'm excited too."
'God, I haven't talked to anyone other than my parents for this long before. I probably sound like an idiot.'

With: Radio_Rat66.6 Radio_Rat66.6

Sarena lifted her head from her book to see her roommate come in. After seeing that human, she wasn’t in any rush for social activity so she stayed quiet. After a few more minutes, her roommate left. “Maybe, I over reacted. He could have been a warlock, or maybe a vampire? It could have been a human but would that be so bad. Maybe I should apologize.” She mumbled to herself. Sarena floated down from her loft, gently touching down to the main level of her dorm. “If I’m gonna apologize to this guy, I want to at least look good.” She exclaimed. She combed her hair and let it float above her, twisting the locks into a braid. “That looks good.” Sarena left her dorm and found the guy in front of the main office with a girl. “Uh, hey again. I’m sorry for freaking out earlier. I... I’m Sarena. Oh, hold on...” Sarena held out her hands and concentrated on creating something for the boy. When she was done, a small porcelain vase was in her hands. A perfect example of what stardust can do. “Here. For you.” She held out the vase for the boy. “It’s nice to meet both of you.” Sarena said, smiling at the two people.

Interacting with: Aeshae Aeshae and Radio_Rat66.6 Radio_Rat66.6

Arlo smiled and nodded as best as she could without knocking her head off her neck.
"Jeffrey's a nice name. And America's a cool place."
She smiled and walked with him to get their dorm assignments. She wondered what kind of monster she'd be bunking with. A vampire? A pixie? Or something stranger? She was startled out of her thoughts when a girl came up to them. She jumped back in shock and shouted out, not only because she was startled but because her head popped off her neck. She just barely managed to catch her head, dropping her phone and map in the process. She turned around and laughed nervously, holding her head.
"I'm so sorry about that! I was lost in my own thoughts when you came over! Lost my head there! Its wonderful to meet you too! Im Arlo!"
She stuck out one of her hands to the girl, the other firmly holding her head.

Aeshae Aeshae Stellar Eclipse Stellar Eclipse

Eris looked out the window of the taxi and with a deep breath opened the door and thanked the taxi driver for the ride. She headed to the trunk to grab her things while observing the other students walk about the campus. She noticed a student adorned in what could only be described as a galaxy and another student who was strangely holding their head in their hands which was a sure indication Eris was at the right place. Strangely enough, she saw some human students as well "Oh yeah, the school also doubles as an art school, doesn't it?" she said to herself "Well, might as well start making my way to the dorms."
She headed for the school while thinking to herself about this whole situation. This was her break from her parents and she would prove herself here, this is the only chance she has to do so. She made her way inside and found her dorm which seemed to be empty "Huh, guess my dorm mate isn't here yet." She unpacked her things and collected herself after the trip and decided to head her way around the school to find her classes. As she made her way around she noticed a trio of people talking, it was the galaxy girl and the girl who was holding her head in her hand from earlier as well as a human boy. "At least the magic and non-magic users are getting along." she mumbled to herself walking past. She came across a bench down the hallway and decided to take a seat and look at her map for a few to hopefully get herself acquainted with the school.

When the girl with the vivid dress returned, Jeffrey was surprised she remembered him.
‘I wonder if it’s what I’m wearing... I seem to be standing out today.’
“I’m Sarena.”
Oh, was that her name? Then... “Um, my name is Jeffrey. And it’s okay, it was my fault.” That’s when he stopped talking, for the girl had quite literally produced a vase in her hands.
“... Oh.” It was all Jeffrey could get out, as he carefully picked up the cute little thing. The way it appeared so effortlessly in her hands, the way it was ready in an instant. There could only be one way to explain this.
“Are you into magic tricks? Um, I’m not but I think they’re neat. Oh uh, I know this one with a deck of cards and uh, guessing the other persons card.”
As he said this, Arlo’s head quite literally fell off as she tried to grab her belongings.
“...”
Jeffrey could feel a bit of sweat form on his forehead as he held his face blank. Was magic tricks some new kind of trend? He wouldn’t know, but wow, were these tricks something else!
“Oh, that’s some cool illusion tricks. Are there mirrors or something?” Jeffrey chuckled a little, clearly perturbed at this new groups excitement for magic tricks.

With: Just about everyone

Arlo looked over at Jeffrey with a confused face. Tricks? Magic, yes. But tricks? Why would he think they were tricks? Surely he'd known she was a Dullahan. Maybe he'd just never seen one? She nearly screamed when she finally put two and two together. She jumped back and held her head tighter.
"A human! You're a human!? What are you doing here?!"
Her eyebrows knitted together and she pointed her finger at his chest.
"This is a school for monsters and magic users! You are neither!"
She gasped when something else dawned on her.
"Please don't take my head....!"
She held her head closer to her chest.

Aeshae Aeshae Stellar Eclipse Stellar Eclipse

Walking around, Carrie saw a girl with wings sitting on a bench. Feeling the familiar aura of dark magic around her, the tiefling went up to her. "Hey there, I'm Carrie. Witch and half-demon. Let me guess- fallen angel?"

FallenHalcyon FallenHalcyon

Eris looked up from her pamphlet to the girl who had walked up and after a brief second replied very awkwardly "Oh ha, no actually I'm a Fae- well, Dark Fae but I can see how you could get the two mixed up ha ha." Eris was so caught up in her own thoughts of just even being here that she nearly forgot she would still have to be some what social. She didn't have any real friends growing up either and talking to people wasn't her strong suit. "Well uh, I'm Eris, Eris Blackmoore. Glad to meet you!" she said as she stood up and went for a handshake.

Shagranoz Shagranoz

“Arlo, calm down. Trust me, I don’t think he wants to take your head unless he’s the queen of hearts. Didn’t you see the two signs at the gate? It’s an art school AND magic school. “ Sarena stepped between Arlo and Jeffrey and was trying to calm Arlo. “Jeffrey, I think you may want to give her some distance for a little bit. But these ‘tricks’ aren’t tricks at all. It was nice meeting you.” Sarena went back to keeping Arlo’s panic attack under control, knowing with great certainty that Jeffrey was still behind her.

Interacting with: Radio_Rat66.6 Radio_Rat66.6 and Aeshae Aeshae

Arlo held her head up so she could at least looked at the girl's face and not her stomach.
"It's just....I've dealt with humans taking my head and running away with it. I once had to bite someone to get them to drop my head......I got a nasty bruise...."
She looked a little sad and absently rubbed a spot at the back of her head. She looked behind the galaxy and over at Jeffrey.
"I'm sorry I assumed your intentions, Jeffrey."

Stellar Eclipse Stellar Eclipse Aeshae Aeshae

Violet held her luggage with both hands as she stared into the campus. It intimidated her; the large gates and wall that surrounded. The large buildings were much grander than what she was used to at home but she knew that she had to push herself if she was ever going to improve. Although the day was mild Violet was wrapped up; Her hair was up in a little bobble hat, a large hand crocheted angora scarf covered most of her face and shoulders, engulfed in a chunky knitted sweater was her torso and a pair of sweatpants with winter boots to finish off the outfit. To say Violet felt warm was an understatement but she had become quite used to her own little climate that she had created.

With a deep breath, she started through the campus keeping her eyes to the floor as much as possible, she would scan the area in front of her once in a while to avoid collisions. Her hand reached into her pant pocket and pulled out a folded piece of paper. Violet unfolded the piece of paper, stopped and attempted to gain her bearings. "... Administration? Where is the Administration building?" She muttered to herself.

Speech Color: #EE82EE

Last edited:
Magic? Monsters?
"Um... I thought this was Rosette Arts... For uh, art?" Nevermind the monsters or magic, was Jeffrey in the wrong school? Maybe this was some sort of school die hard cosplayers or magicians.
The other girl, Sarena, stood in between the two as she tried to calm down Arlo. Maybe by stealing her head, she meant that other kids from her last school bullied her because she was into magic tricks?
"Um..." Jeffrey was never good at this sort of thing, and his inability to connect with his other classmates was what led to his alienation. This was something that he wanted to at least try to avoid.
"I think your head is cool. I won't take it." There, that's a totally normal response to a totally normal conversation right? Getting the hint from Sarena he nodded at the two of them and hoisted his duffel bag further up his shoulder.
"I'm going to go find my dorm. Excuse me, and sorry for scaring you."
With his papers in one hand and his new vase in the other, Jeffrey made his way to the dorm building while keeping his gaze down at all times. He was quite frankly exhausted from that much talking, and he needed a quick breather.
After walking up two flights of stairs, he found a new looking oak door marked with a number that matched his papers. A quick jostle of the keys and he slowly opened it, revealing that his roommate, whoever they were, hadn't arrived yet. Luckily the school was kind enough to deliver most of his luggage directly to his room, so Jeffrey began to unpack.
The rooms themselves were very nice. Two twin sized beds on opposite walls, and desks next to them. The desks had a bookshelf extension to increase height and surface area, and with a quick thought Jeffrey set the vase carefully on top of it. It looked quite nice and colorful, much unlike his other belongings.
Since Jeffrey had never picked up hobbies other than his painting, all he had were his clothes, books, and art supplies that he carefully set around his desk much like he did back home. He chose simple greens for his bed sheets and comforter, and within 20 or so minutes he was completely unpacked.
With: No one

"A dark fae? You got me by surprise. Still, it's a big universe- nobody can know every creature out there." Carrie returned the shake with vigor. "Say, do you know anything about levitation spells? I've been trying to get this one right for weeks, and it just doesn't want to work for me."

FallenHalcyon FallenHalcyon

Sarena sighed when everything calmed down. “I’m sorry you had to go through that Arlo. I was harassed by people wanting me to make them things from my stardust. It exhausted me and I nearly passed out on hundreds of occasions. Do you still need to find out who you’re gonna share a room with? I’ll go with you, if you want. If one human is here then there could be more.” Serena was worried. While Jeffrey was nice, there may be some not nice humans here, too. “If anything goes wrong, I’ll make a weapon. It’s amazing what stardust can do.” Sarena walked over to the administration building entrance. “And who knows, maybe we’ll get a chance to talk to Jeffrey again and set all the facts straight. I don’t think he understands that magic is real.” Sarena said with some certainty. “Little do they know, the stars are telling me that we will end up somewhere together again. I don’t know where or when but the stars are never wrong.” She thought matter of factly. Serena waited for any response from Arlo.

Interacting with: Radio_Rat66.6 Radio_Rat66.6

Arlo smiled up at the girl.
"Thank you. I'm sorry you've had to deal with that stuff too. I don't think I ever got your name."
She turned around and picked up her phone, shoving it in her pocket before looking back up at her. She started walking towards the doors. She was still curious who she was rooming with. Now she worried it was going to be some nasty human who would bully her constantly. Hopefully it was another monster. She could deal with a nasty monster easily.

Stellar Eclipse Stellar Eclipse

Katie can't help but look at all the humans in jealousy. Lucky them, they get to study art freely without being looked at weird. Well, she supposes she looks human, but it's not the same anymore, not after having magic forced onto her peaceful life. So now she heads for the front office in a mix of wistful longing and bitter stares, uncomfortable with all the blatantly magical looking people, or creatures, around. All she wants to do is find her room assignment and head there for the day, to drop off her bags and at least explore the art side of the academy before she's inevitably bound to the magical classes.

Dragging her luggage behind her, she finally manages to find her way to the front office. It's weird being surrounded by magical folk, and she feels out of place here as a human-looking individual. "Sorry, excuse me," she mumbles as she pushes past a couple of chattering students, making herself as small and invisible as possible.

“Oh, I’m sorry. I’m Sarena.” Sarena held the door open and let Arlo into the office. “Hey, Arlo?” Sarena said quickly. She focused on what she wanted and made some things for Arlo. Some glue, a painting, and a jacket. “The glue is so, if there are more humans, you can attach your head for a while to blend in. The rest is just some stuff that seemed like things you would like.” Sarena held her hands out for Arlo to take the items.

Arlo looked at the items Sarena was offering her. She was confused by the glue until she explained it.
"Oh. You see this little flame coming out of my neck?"
She pointed to the purplish flame seeping from her neck almost like smoke.
"I can manipulate it to hold my head on. Glue is just too sticky. I once tried to do that when I was young and couldn't control my pyrokinesis. It was a mess trying to get it on and then putting my head on and then the glue dried and I cried to my mom about how my head wouldn't come off anymore. I cried that I was going to be human for the rest of my life and she ended up giving me a bath to dissolve the glue and I swallowed a lot of water because my head just fell off without warning and I'm terribly sorry for babbling on and on about some glue. If I'm being too annoying please just tell me to shut up."
She smiled softly and took the jacket.
"I do really like this jacket though."

Stellar Eclipse Stellar Eclipse

“Oh. That’s fine. I can keep the glue. Never know when you need to stick things together. I’m glad you like the jacket though.” Sarena smiled, happy to make someone happy. “So, are you gonna check and see who you’re roommates with? That’s kinda gonna be a big deal.” Sarena asked seriously. She wondered what her roommate was like, since Sarena didn’t see her roommate for more than a few minutes. “Maybe it’s Jeffrey. At least then you get an opportunity to explain magic and monsters to him. And if you don’t get through to him, come find me. My dorm is on the first floor of the building, second door on the left. I think it’s room 104.” Sarena felt confident. “Maybe we can be friends, maybe I can convince Jeffrey to be my friend. If we can wrap his head around magic.” Sarena thought optimistically. She didn’t want to be the girl with no friends again. Not like her last school.

Clair Aotian Yu
In a small apartment where one lived, and where all the darkness this one contains, Clair began to pack her bags since she was told that she'd be moving into the school's dormitories, likely that she'd have a troublesome roommate. Knowing this, she only decided to pack extra clothes and hygienic essentials. Toothbrush, toothpaste, BCPs, shampoo, soap and her gaming laptop. She refrained from packing anything obviously illegal that would definitely get her expelled, but she still brought a butterfly knife which she'd probably just carry on her person. She then also came across her small pouch full of lolipops. For moment, she thought of them as knives so she took four of them and struck a pose in the mirror. She admired pose for a second, then let down her arms muttering to herself. "The fuck am I doing...?" She then scoffed at herself and continued packing. She kept in mind to pack her school supplies, phone charger, and her phone. She also brought her wallet which had $100 worth in hard cash and a credit card. She also had VIP cards for different stores and places. One of them for a cafe, another for clothes and designer products, and one for exotic clubs. It also contained her school ID which she assumed was a basic habit for students. Once she finished packing, she went outside of her apartment with her bags and got into a car that was waiting for her for quite awhile. The car then began to drive towards the school, which eventually dropped her off a little bit off from the school gates. Clair didn't want to look like she was rich or anything, so she wanted to be dropped off at a nearby park and walked the rest of her way to the school. She wondered how well she'd fit in. If she didn't, she assumed she wouldn't care and do whatever the hell she wanted.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back