• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern Ten Years Later

Additional RP of our characters in their HS years

• No

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • New thread

• Second IC tab in this thread

• Total voters
Hey, sorry I'm late to the show: hospital took much longer than expected. On the plus side I got drugs, so I won't die!

Just gimme a second to catch up...

OK, now that we did that ^

@ItsStacysMom Yes, I do/ did play clarinet during my band/ wind ensemble years, though in my personal opinion the bass clarinet is the superior instrument in every way...

Have I found a fellow band nerd?

@DarkiusHeavenstein OK, regarding relationships, I agree with you on both characters. Quinton and James probably were good friends in discussing crime dramas among other things, and maybe they both would have been a bit more comfortable talking to each other about the more difficult/ serious components of their lives outside of school, but that's just my impression. I imagine James would be at least curious, if not genuinely looking forward to seeing Quinn again.

Also agree with you on the Sky and James dynamic: though James would lecture Sky about breaking the rules and getting in trouble as he did (Probably seeming like a hard-ass sometimes), he only did it because he cared, although he knew Sky likely wouldn't change his ways. And while they would have their arguments, they somehow still managed to shake it off and move on: I like to think James would manage to keep Sky from doing anything unusually crazy, and Sky would get James to live a little bit. Also, if people are trying to kill Sky, James would likely be the first to break things up, though he'd be sighing and privately thinking that he deserved a bit of what was coming to him. Thoughts?

Finally, regarding RP time, I can get to work on an intro post tomorrow, but I know there's some characters whose relationships I haven't figured out yet, so I may just throw some ideas out there in the meantime and see what people think.

clarinetti said:
Yes, I do/ did play clarinet during my band/ wind ensemble years, though in my personal opinion the bass clarinet is the superior instrument in every way...
Yes! Bass clarinet for the win!

clarinetti said:
@ItsStacysMom Yes, I do/ did play clarinet during my band/ wind ensemble years, though in my personal opinion the bass clarinet is the superior instrument in every way...

Yea, you sure have! I play the oboe in my band, I'm the lone wolf (well I'm actually the second oboe but it's just us two...), but I'm right in front of the bass clarinet... I think we actually need a new one for this year, last year's clarinetist was a senior, gah!

But yes... oh, the sweet sound of nasal infections...

@TheWeirdPhilosopher FINALLY: someone who appreciates the majesty of this great instrument !!!

Except when, you know, your peg falls and you're awkwardly struggling to lift the damn heavy thing while still playing notes and ignoring the conductors funny looks.

Still though: Johan de Meij's Lord of the Rings Bass Clarinet solos for the win.

@ItsStacysMom OHH, you're an oboist... I thought you were going to talk about the struggles of reed-making or playing in tune, but nasal infection is an apt description as well. But then again, clarinets pretty much just squeak and squeal, and there's always at least 10 of them, so you don't have to worry about that, or worse yet brass players... ;p

I actually dig the oboe, it's a pretty technical thing, but when you get good wind band rep, it's solid (Have you heard Holst's The Planets transcribed for Wind Symphony? Solo oboe gets a sweet solo in 2nd movement).

Mm, if I could travel all the way to the sunny USA, I would play in your band, but alas, I'm just sitting here with my lonely clarinet....

ItsStacysMom said:
Yea, you sure have! I play the oboe in my band, I'm the lone wolf (well I'm actually the second oboe but it's just us two...), but I'm right in front of the bass clarinet... I think we actually need a new one for this year, last year's clarinetist was a senior, gah!
But yes... oh, the sweet sound of nasal infections...
Bass Clarinet sounds so awesome. I love playing it. My band teacher is an Oboe player and a terrible flute player xD

clarinetti said:
Hey, sorry I'm late to the show: hospital took much longer than expected. On the plus side I got drugs, so I won't die!
Just gimme a second to catch up...

OK, now that we did that ^

@DarkiusHeavenstein OK, regarding relationships, I agree with you on both characters. Quinton and James probably were good friends in discussing crime dramas among other things, and maybe they both would have been a bit more comfortable talking to each other about the more difficult/ serious components of their lives outside of school, but that's just my impression. I imagine James would be at least curious, if not genuinely looking forward to seeing Quinn again.

Also agree with you on the Sky and James dynamic: though James would lecture Sky about breaking the rules and getting in trouble as he did (Probably seeming like a hard-ass sometimes), he only did it because he cared, although he knew Sky likely wouldn't change his ways. And while they would have their arguments, they somehow still managed to shake it off and move on: I like to think James would manage to keep Sky from doing anything unusually crazy, and Sky would get James to live a little bit. Also, if people are trying to kill Sky, James would likely be the first to break things up, though he'd be sighing and privately thinking that he deserved a bit of what was coming to him. Thoughts?

Finally, regarding RP time, I can get to work on an intro post tomorrow, but I know there's some characters whose relationships I haven't figured out yet, so I may just throw some ideas out there in the meantime and see what people think.
Yes. I agree on Sky and James. Nice take on things and he has finally a protector (which he really needs).

And Quin and James yes. I can see them talking and the discussion of the things in the crime scene maybe taking more personal terms during certain subjects.

clarinetti said:
@TheWeirdPhilosopher FINALLY: someone who appreciates the majesty of this great instrument !!!
Except when, you know, your peg falls and you're awkwardly struggling to lift the damn heavy thing while still playing notes and ignoring the conductors funny looks.

Still though: Johan de Meij's Lord of the Rings Bass Clarinet solos for the win.

@ItsStacysMom OHH, you're an oboist... I thought you were going to talk about the struggles of reed-making or playing in tune, but nasal infection is an apt description as well. But then again, clarinets pretty much just squeak and squeal, and there's always at least 10 of them, so you don't have to worry about that, or worse yet brass players... ;p

I actually dig the oboe, it's a pretty technical thing, but when you get good wind band rep, it's solid (Have you heard Holst's The Planets transcribed for Wind Symphony? Solo oboe gets a sweet solo in 2nd movement).

Mm, if I could travel all the way to the sunny USA, I would play in your band, but alas, I'm just sitting here with my lonely clarinet....
Holy crap, I hate when that happens. During a competition my peg starting slipping and I was struggle to keep it up while playing. And the cork part at the end of my clarinet was torn and the horn kept falling off. This year was such a struggle.

Also, sorry if I geeked out just a tad: all my music compadres are out of town for the summer, so I'm finally releasing my pent up music talk.

On another note, thank you @TheWeirdPhilosopher : us Bass Clarinetists must stick together, with all these pesky upper-woodwinds around...

Yea, the bass clarinet I played in high school was such crap, the knob to hold the peg was essentially taped on and the low E key kept going wonky... and the instrument was plastic. This past year I got my hands on a decent Selmer to play, but I had to wrap card paper around my mouthpiece because it was too small for the neck/ barrel. The horn falling off though, that sounds like such a bitch, I feel for you.

clarinetti said:
Also, sorry if I geeked out just a tad: all my music compadres are out of town for the summer, so I'm finally releasing my pent up music talk.
On another note, thank you @TheWeirdPhilosopher : us Bass Clarinetists must stick together, with all these pesky upper-woodwinds around...

Yea, the bass clarinet I played in high school was such crap, the knob to hold the peg was essentially taped on and the low E key kept going wonky... and the instrument was plastic. This past year I got my hands on a decent Selmer to play, but I had to wrap card paper around my mouthpiece because it was too small for the neck/ barrel. The horn falling off though, that sounds like such a bitch, I feel for you.
The only main issues I've had with band are trumpets and the fact that when my teacher would address sections she always forgot about the loner bass clarinet. I never knew what I was supposed to do besides the fact that I typically played with the low brass. I was so confused.

clarinetti said:
Out of curiosity, what competition did you do? How'd it turn out?
@DarkiusHeavenstein OK cool, at least we got that much sorted out then: Sky will not immediately be drowned in the pool/ ocean upon arrival at the reunion (Unless he shows up before James that is ;p)
Quin has extremely much expierence with murder.... He know how to get away with murder as in legally, so I am prettg sure he will find out a way to do it without James knowing... Evil Quin is scary...

clarinetti said:
@DarkiusHeavenstein OK cool, at least we got that much sorted out then: Sky will not immediately be drowned in the pool/ ocean upon arrival at the reunion (Unless he shows up before James that is ;p)
I'm debating whether Ray will be distant with Sky or actually get along with him now xD

Oh yea, that's always awkward... you didn't even have a bassoon or even a euphonium to work with? That's a pain

Until Grade 10, I think half of my concert repertoire was me just playing the Tuba/ Euphonium part... and even then the conductor thinks of the bass clarinet as an afterthought. I was fortunate in that the band teacher I had in high school actually remembered there was a bass clarinet part going on and made sure it was being done well, but depending on the ensemble and the conductor I find they either ignore you or note you're every move.

Now back to actual RP stuff...

Well, if Quin does end up killing Sky, I feel James may have to put his years of watching crime dramas to use and figure out what happened... Real Life Clue anyone?

clarinetti said:
Oh yea, that's always awkward... you didn't even have a bassoon or even a euphonium to work with? That's a pain
Until Grade 10, I think half of my concert repertoire was me just playing the Tuba/ Euphonium part... and even then the conductor thinks of the bass clarinet as an afterthought. I was fortunate in that the band teacher I had in high school actually remembered there was a bass clarinet part going on and made sure it was being done well, but depending on the ensemble and the conductor I find they either ignore you or note you're every move.

Now back to actual RP stuff...

Well, if Quin does end up killing Sky, I feel James may have to put his years of watching crime dramas to use and figure out what happened... Real Life Clue anyone?
Mason can always assist since they went to Law School together xD

But his attraction to Quinton might compromise his focus on the mission.

lol sorry I sort of ducked out for a second... I was making a new background for the program I write with lol

@clarinetti yea, I suppose you could say it's an acquired taste, listening to the oboe. It depends on experience and control, there's A LOT of control when oboists play, and a lot of young oboists think that the louder they are, the better they sound because they can hear themselves, but really it's just them losing control and that gets them out of time with the rest of the band, and affects the tune... and it's a whole mess. Last year we had to play with the Middle School band... the two oboists, right, one of them couldn't even figure out how to play an E Flat, and the other... okay, on performance night, the one who didn't know how to play a note was 'out sick', so there was only one other Middle School oboe... we thought, hey, we'll cover his sound, it'll be great. Right? Wrong.

I have never heard an oboe being played that loud in my life. I didn't know that was even possible, on the level that he played it.

lol so yea, it takes some practice and reeds are a PAIN so much omg, but it's really fun in all honesty...

and if we're talking about good scores, I recommend 'Farewell' from Pocahontas, but just the instrumental. SO smooth, inspiring and literally gets me excited to play the oboe every time I hear it. Give it a listen, anyone would love it in my opinon. lol

I was gonna start my intro piece tonight, but I couldn't focus with my old background in my writing program (probably just going to handwrite it anyway...), and once I made a new theme... it's almost midnight and I'm dead tired lol. So I'm probably gonna start writing my piece tomorrow! Exciteeeeed

hnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnf

so tired... but so hot... I WILL PREVAIL

clarinetti said:
I know how you feel: so fucking hot and sticky here... currently constructing fan now ;p
ugh, I remember doing that. No AC? Me neither. I've got a desk fan on 'High' right now that's doing nothing but blowing warm air on me. I beg for rain, ugh...

RP-wise, I'm almost done writing my first post! And yes, I mean writing, by hand. It'll be typed in no time, lol.

Yea, no AC, and it's just been hot and muggy the past few days... just brutal. Got a bit of rain this evening, but not enough to really cool it down, so the fan's cranked, which is helping a lot.

And I just saw the post! Ahhh, this is exciting :)

BTW, I hope to get the intro post out tomorrow, but I first want to put the stuff for yearbook and relationships out (finally), so we'll see... but I will have a post for tomorrow!

Speaking of relationships.... since I haven't been able to plan with everyone, I kind of was going to throw a few things in the relationship thing just based on personalities and such. This is just a basic outline, and if there's any issue with it or if people have ideas to expand upon it, please let me know and we can work out the details.

Hopefully I won't be struck down by the RP gods.....

ItsStacysMom said:
wati holy shit did I miss something? Is this gonna become a Murder mystery? omg wut
Hahahaha it will if Skygge fucks up... But no I had no intention of changing it to murder mystery xD

tinaheartsdamian said:
I'm down with everything you suggested. :)
Awesome!

DarkiusHeavenstein said:
Yeah so far it will probably just be every one arriving at the Mansion posts and being excited (or not) about seeing eachother xD

@Brown @Lost Valentine @NessieAlways @shygirl3 @clarinetti @tinaheartsdamian @DuskerTem @Queen MooMoo @ItsStacysMom

I have the feeling I am forgetting someone...

The Introduction post has been posted! Feel free to write your own replies. I know we are all terribly excited for this, but please give eachother a chance to reply. Especially those who aren't around until monday (Nessie and Clarinetti). It wouldn't be fair to have them come back to 12 pages of posts in IC.
I'll have it up as soon as I'm done catching up =)

I can't believe it's the 21st. Holy... Crap! That means it's almost time for school to start.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back