Other Tell us about your pet peeves!

They may or may not be quickly neutered by a quick powerful kick to the super dangler in that case. At least the one if a girl is involved. But that's too many mechanics to calculate :P
I wish. They're protected by five layers of self-righteousness. The only thing that could bring them to justice is a vibe check delivered in-person by the Ghost of Christmas Future.

I wish. They're protected by five layers of self-righteousness. The only thing that could bring them to justice is a vibe check delivered in-person by the Ghost of Christmas Future.

So what you're telling me is:
They're like Mormon scientologists, and we have to swarm them with a country worth of robocop/terminator Samuel L Jackson clones?

bbcoders stop putting walls of text in tiny scroll boxes challenge

sick to death of having to scroll down six times to read a single paragraph.

One word. Spellcheck.

Most browsers have a spelling error system tied into it, and a dictionary is always available if you google search it. There is no excuse.

Abendrot Abendrot JackKetch JackKetch This thread is for RL, general pet peeves, which is why it's in the General Discussion forum. The thread for RP-related pet peeves can be found here.
Spelling and formatting issues are not rp-exclusive though??? Not sure where this policing is coming from lol. This rule didn’t exist until 10 minutes ago.

Spelling and formatting issues are not rp-exclusive though??? Not sure where this policing is coming from lol. This rule didn’t exist until 10 minutes ago.
They're issues relating to online communication, of which RPing is a subset. This thread was made for talking about RL pet peeves. Also, your complaint was about BBCoding, which is definitely specific to RPing on this site.

They're issues relating to online communication, of which RPing is a subset. This thread was made for talking about RL pet peeves. Also, your complaint was about BBCoding, which is definitely specific to RPing on this site.
the arbitrariness is popping out lol. but I get why you’re trying to keep the thread from derailing. idk why you’re chastising ppl for breaking rules you created after the fact.

When people in front of me walk too slowly. Come on, stop punishing me for sleeping in and almost missing classes!

the arbitrariness is popping out lol. but I get why you’re trying to keep the thread from derailing. idk why you’re chastising ppl for breaking rules you created after the fact.
It isn't arbitrary. There is already a thread (in fact, there are already several threads- I even have one) for people to discuss writing-related pet peeves, and they are all in the Roleplay Discussion forum, so if that is something you want to discuss/rant about, you can do it there- that's what they were made for. I am not creating new rules out of thin air- I assumed it was obvious and implied from the deliberate choice I made to put this thread here, and not with the others.

- Okay huge pet peeve I’ve needed to get off my chest lately: when older people ask my why I drink coffee at ‘my age’. I go to university, I wake up at 6AM every morning, have to walk around a lot because we don’t have a campus and take classes in labs and hospitals, and come back home at 5PM, then go to bed at about 1-2AM because I have to study. Aside from doing laundry and watching The Bachelor the hell do YOU do, Bethany?

- People who don’t use headphones in public transport.

- People who chew loudly in public or smack their lips. Who raised you????

- And finally, people who show a downright excessive amount of PDA. I have nothing against couples being affectionate but if you keep kicking my leg on the train while I’m trying to sleep because you’re trying to sit in your boyfriend’s lap doing a baby voice we have a problem.

- Okay huge pet peeve I’ve needed to get off my chest lately: when older people ask my why I drink coffee at ‘my age’. I go to university, I wake up at 6AM every morning, have to walk around a lot because we don’t have a campus and take classes in labs and hospitals, and come back home at 5PM, then go to bed at about 1-2AM because I have to study. Aside from doing laundry and watching The Bachelor the hell do YOU do, Bethany?

Say it's because you grew out of your 12 cans a day Monster habit.

The sound of animals self-grooming just. Kills me. Wet, licking noises, cannot stand. And it's not like /they/ know it's driving me crazy but if I can't poke them and get them to cease I sometimes have to leave the room.

Say it's because you grew out of your 12 cans a day Monster habit.
But ok, as a person getting older, youth is the time to drink coffee. Not because it's healthy, oh no, it's definitely going to fuck you up, but in college I COULD drink coffee without suffering! 12 cups in 2 hours? No problem. Now I can't have more than two cups in a day without feeling my heart is going to explode.

Screw old people, you drink that coffee.

i don't know where to begin. my biggest pet peeve would probably be when parts of my reply have been ignored/my partner hasn't read through my reply properly and has written something entirely different in theirs. very frustrating.

i don't know where to begin. my biggest pet peeve would probably be when parts of my reply have been ignored/my partner hasn't read through my reply properly and has written something entirely different in theirs. very frustrating.
There's another vent thread for that. This goes there. This is for peeves in reality. There is also several other ones such as a I think a movie one somewhere.

It isn't arbitrary. There is already a thread (in fact, there are already several threads- I even have one) for people to discuss writing-related pet peeves, and they are all in the Roleplay Discussion forum, so if that is something you want to discuss/rant about, you can do it there- that's what they were made for. I am not creating new rules out of thin air- I assumed it was obvious and implied from the deliberate choice I made to put this thread here, and not with the others.
Implying that spelling errors and all are online only, absolutely hilarious. You might not see where you live, work, etc but that ain't how everywhere else is. But keep up the good redirectory work.

----
Another peeve of mine is when I try to work and some asshat I told repeatedly before still tries texting then calling me in the middle of any important activity. Regardless of if work related.

Oh I've got some good ones

1.) So.... This needs explaining first. I am a very, very anxious person. I panic everytime I need to present something in front of the class and sometimes I freeze and can't say anything.

Well the biggest problem is that some of my teachers think that I don't want to speak. It doesn't make sense though! I don't think anyone would want to stand in front of the whole class like an idiot without saying a word!!

2.) When I giggle at something without wanting to. (For example, if I'm thinking of something funny and laugh but I'm watching a TV show at the moment) My parents immediately think that I find said thing funny and comment on it. That's fine most of the time, but sometimes I'm "laughing" at something that's really weird, so I get angry and end up shouting at them.

My pet peeve is when someone feels like they have to change who they are to fit in or be loved. I don't know why, but I can usually feel that something is off when certain situations take place.

Especially when it is me having this issue.

In no particular order:

1.) Motorcycles travelling on the sidewalk. Not along the sidewalk but ON THE SIDEWALK. (Might be a country-specific thing though. Traffic laws are lax around here.)

2.) Vehicles with loud engines and speakers. Like, they want to let the whole neighborhood know that they’re LOUD!!!

3.) Status update texting. I’m not a text-y person so I don’t get the appeal of someone continually asking how’s my day, where I’m at or what I ate. It’s exhausting, for me.

4.) Forced socialization. Usually in family gatherings. I don’t mind but I wish everyone would consider that it’s tiring for an introvert like me to do so. Plus, all they want to talk about with me are jobs and career progression and such so…not fun.

5.) Burgers with no vegetables. That to me, is one sad burger.

6.) Morning bus leaving the terminal late.

7.) Morning bus leaving the terminal too early.

8.) Corporate lingo. (“We have to recontextualize our ABCs to meet our established KPIs using a dynamic TQM and XSLT in order to scale our FOAF.”)

This is seriously bugging me right now. So... when people ask for feedback about some aspect of a thing, so for example, a grammar check. And you have some very strong opinions about how other aspects of it suck really hard.... but you can't say anything, because they did not ask about that. But you're dying, literally dying, to tell them. Arrrararragh.

This is seriously bugging me right now. So... when people ask for feedback about some aspect of a thing, so for example, a grammar check. And you have some very strong opinions about how other aspects of it suck really hard.... but you can't say anything, because they did not ask about that. But you're dying, literally dying, to tell them. Arrrararragh.

I have recently begun beta reading and people will only want me to comment on grammar and I will see plot holes and continuity errors, and just bad prose in general and plot construction issues and it physically pains me to not be able to say anything about that because I only agreed to grammar checks.

I have recently begun beta reading and people will only want me to comment on grammar and I will see plot holes and continuity errors, and just bad prose in general and plot construction issues and it physically pains me to not be able to say anything about that because I only agreed to grammar checks.

Beta reading is so much fun. X3

This is a similar thing, in which the person is asking about technical aspects of a thing, and I want to go in for the actual content rather than how the content is presented but I can't. I CAN'T. BUT I WANT TO.

I wish people would have given legit feedback and not kept things to themselves. I would gladly love to hear what someone like you would have to say about the actual content

Users who are viewing this thread

Back