• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom Tears of the Phoenix - Previous

Name, Age:

Dane Goodall, 17

House, Role:

Gryffindor, 7th-year student
39f0a1e0b20a644c27ca4d39550125af.jpg
Pet, Patronus:

Cat, Irish Wolfhound

Wand:

Apple Wood, Phoenix Feather Core, Fairly Flexible, Garrick Ollivander

With: Zona Blackwater, Alexander Gniewek
Mood: Calm, Slightly Nervous

Dane noticed Alexander enter the carriage as he took a seat, sliding the cat carrier to rest on the floor between his feet. One of Soma's paws reached out from the carrier and landed on his shoe, claws digging into the fabic slightly as if holding onto her owner. He smiled politely, he knew who Alex was from the past years at Hogwarts but he didn't really know him well. He knew that the Slytherin was smart, but that was essentially the extent of his knowledge regarding the other boy. Dane didn't really mind the banter, sitting quietly and listening to the two of them. Surprisingly enough he wasn't too concerned with winning the house cup that year, sure he would do his best to guide Gryffindor to victory, but it wasn't his top priority to win.

Name, Age:
Nathan Artorius Bishop, 11

House, Role:
HufflePuff, First-year Student
62eceb0a35e60b127d18ff33fbc87265-png.640883
Pet, Patronus:
Ragdoll Cat, Samoyed

Wand:
Hazel, 12", Slightly springy, Thunderbird Tail Feather, Wolfe

Mood: Relieved, Irritated.

As Harriette handed felix back. Nathan was rapidly nodding to the Half Giant. Yes Ma'am, Thank you." Grabbing Felix, Nathan pressed himself against the wall to let the Woman pass. Standing there as she left toward the front of the Train. Nathan let out a deep sigh. He was quite relieved that experience was over. He didn't even get to Hogwarts before he was scolded. Lifting the cat to his face. Nathan just at the thing. "You know its your fault I got in trouble right?" As response, Felix playfully bit down onto Nathans knuckle and started gnawing. which prompted Nathan to quickly withdraw his hand. Taking the opportunity. Felix wiggled out of Nathans grip and fell to the ground. Snagging on Nathans Scarf and yanking it off him. Free, Felix bolted down the corridor and made a sharp turn into one of the compartments for more hide and seek.

Regaining his composure after Felixs sudden escape. Nathan let out a large groan. Scooping up his ratty Yellow scarf off the ground. Nathan went after his cat. Stopping at the Compartment Felix dove into. Nathan made a mental note of the compartment number, 3. as he poked his head in. The first think He notice was the sweet smell of baked foods. He then realized the Compartment was occupied. Three occupants seemed to have just started up a game of cards or at least about to start. Searching through the compartment. Nathan scanned every crevice he could see. " A little Grey and black cat just ran in here. Have you seen him?"

OOC: Felix is good to be controlled if anyone wants to.

Name, Age:
Rashaad Travers, 42 years old
House, Role:
Ravenclaw alum., Professor of The Study of Ancient Runes
Small Rashaad.png

Pet, Patronus:
Pet: Lionhead rabbit named Owen, Patronus: wyvvern
Wand:
Hornbeam wood, 11 inches, dragon heartstring, inflexible

With: Leonard ( EldridSmith EldridSmith ) & Egeria ( Keltoi Keltoi ) [/USER]
Mood: Curious

"Discovery or creation?" Rashaad smirked, knowing there were those who argued either way. He grinned and went after the tablet, more than interested now. He wanted to begin reading immediately. He gestured to the walls and shrugged. "Anywhere. I'm not the one who cares about how everything looks." He clearly didn't care as he started reading the tablet. After a moment, Rashaad seemed to notice Egeria and looked over. His wards had tripped but that didn't mean he necessarily noticed another human in the room. He nodded, gesturing around. "Posters go on the walls somewhere. After they're all up, we can do your rooms"

OOC: Huzzah for Friday, y'all!!!

[/user]

Last edited:

Name, Age:
Rin Lavesier, 11

House, Role:
1st Year Slytherin
Rin Ref.jpg
Pet, Patronus:
Bengal cat named Midna, Ocelot

Wand:
Dogwood wood with a unicorn hair core, 14 ½", surprisingly swishy

With: Abigail (@BobRossMobBoss), Dahlia/Alison (@Brea The Brave), Clary ( SavannahSmiles SavannahSmiles ), and Trevor ( L0ck0n L0ck0n )
Mood: Agitated

Rin sighed and shook her head. Her next words were interrupted by the two new commers to the compartment. She straightened and smiled brightly. "I'm Rin. This is Abigail and the other girl is Alison, apparently." She introduced. She completely ignored Alison, but the smile she gave Abigail made it obvious which of the two females she was friends with. It was clear she wouldn't be friends with her unless she stopped making rude commentary. "Abigail is a first year as well. Are the two of you first years?"

OOC: FRIYAY!.

Leonard Grangscott

• 1574461821272.png"Creation or discovery, either way they now exist" He replies before hearing they went anywhere. He waved his wand and all the posters were neatly lined up on one wall separated by origin. "Anything else you need done?" He asks Rashaad.
    (OOC)

Name, Age:
House, Role:

Pet, Patronus:
Wand:

With: Leonard ( EldridSmith EldridSmith ) & Egeria ( Rathian Diablos Rathian Diablos )

"That was it. Let's go do your rooms. Get them both done before the brats arrive." Rashaad smirked, chuckling slightly. One room down. At least his home didn't need anything, just the classroom posters Fakhir made him. "Yours or Egeria?"

OOC: Huzzah for Friday, y'all!!!

[/user]

Last edited:

Leonard Grangscott

• 1574468373934.png"My room is fully set up, I had this done as soon as I was hired last year so I wouldn't have anything to deal with today." Leonard says before turning to Egeria. "Let us head to your room so we can get everything set up." He says with a friendly smile.

Name/Age: Clairabelle Cartwright
House/Role: Slytherin/First Year
Pet/Patronus: Snow Owl/Arctic Fox
Wand: Pine, 11 inches, Quite Rigid, White River Monster Spine, Ryuusei Cartwright
With: ThatGuyWithSouvlaki ThatGuyWithSouvlaki Pierre Guerrer
Mood: Confident
Clairabelle was brought out of her view of the window and thoughts of a young boy around her age speaking up.
He seemed to come from a background of wealth like her due to his clothing but had poorly managed hair, not that Clairabelle would judge someone based on their appearance or background.
When he asked if he could sit with her she nodded and smiled.
"Of-course you may, come right in."
"You're a first year right? This is my first time going to visit Hogwarts."
"You should take better care of your hair. I might know a hair spell that could help if you want to?" She said opening her purse to look for her wand.
Seems like most people decided to head to the other compartments, which was fine it was just interesting that nobody wanted to be in the first compartment to get the best view.
But Clairabelle was used to being around an exclusive amount of people. That being said first impressions were important.
"I haven't introduced myself...I'm Clairabelle Cartwright, but you can call me Claire."

Name, Age:
House, Role:

Pet, Patronus:
Wand:

With: Leonard ( EldridSmith EldridSmith ) & Egeria ( Rathian Diablos Rathian Diablos )

"Then your room it is." Rashaad nodded to the woman. "Three hands can get it done faster. Before kids and the feast. Do you have a lot of crap to set up? Or just basic things to put in order? " His own had only needed some work thanks to his twin sending him two dozen posters. Although this tablet was certainly looking to be his favorite item for a while, making the ordeal of arranging posters on the walls worth it in his opinion.

OOC: I think I figured out the color bit this time.

Name, Age:
Egeria Ladonus, 25

House, Role:
Ravenclaw, Divination Professor

535925a8284143f3a9653d61ef00b891.jpg
Pet, Patronus:
Silver Furred Egyptian Mau Cat "Aine", Snow Leopard Is her Patronus

Wand:
Silver Lime with a Phoenix core 9 inches, Unyielding flexibility from Ollivander

With: Reshaad & Leonard

Mood: Friendly

"Oh, uh it isn't much really I just have to set up the crystal balls and probably straighten a few things up really, everything else is more of a day by day basis depending on the day's lesson really," Egeria said thinking on it for a moment but almost certain that was all she really had to do. In truth, she didn't think it was enough work to warrant help, but she didn't want to be rude and turn them down, plus was kind of them to offer in the first place.

EldridSmith EldridSmith Triforce Triforce

Name, Age:
Pierre Guerrer, 11
House, Role:
Ravenclaw, 1st-year student

boy_by_merrymei_d9fb8uu-fullview.jpg

Pet, Patronus:
Barn Owl "Louis", stallion
Wand:
Cypress, Dragon Heartstring, 10inch, french make

a

With: SomebodyElse SomebodyElse

Mood: Slightly nervous

Pierre smiled a little shyly and nodded his head in thanks. "Merci..." He said at first moving inside and shutting the door behind him before taking the seat opposite her. He seemed to adjust his clothing as she spoke. "Yes... My first time, a little nervous but I hear a lot of good things about Hogwarts... I know I shouldn't worry but I...' He said. He was going to say more than conversation seemed to quickly go to his hair.

"My...Hair.." He said a little confused as instinctively he ran his hand through his hair. When she went for her wand he seemed to panic a little "Oh! Ah... Non..Merci...I like it this way..." He said. He didnt know why as with anything else he liked to be neat. His mother wouldn't accept otherwise but his hair didn't bother her that much so kept it as it is.

"Oh yes... I introduction. Pierre Guerrer." He replied offering her his hand in an official manner, straightening his back and his hand exactly half way between them and rigid as he was taught. "My pleasure, miss Cartwright... I think I heard the name before... Not sure where...You connected to thë...ministère de la magië?"

OOC:

Name, Age:
Harriette Hagrid, 27
House, Role:
Hufflepuff, Herbology Teacher, Head of House

Pet, Patronus:
Snowy Owl "Moira", Bear
Wand:
12inch, Alder, Phoenix Feather

With: N/A

Mood: Excited

Harriette finally made it to the front of the train. Part of it was on the outside just by the engine and driver area, this was just about the only place she could stand normally on the train. She moved toward the railing, leaning on it gently as she looked at the countryside beyond. The train was moving over a bridge with the river in view below, the sun close to twilight making the water sparkle. It was stunning. Also out hear she could really experience the train, the rush of air, the feeling of speed and behind her the sounds of the train chucking away and whistling seemed to energize her as if she was connected to the engine herself. It all eased her worries and pumped her up for what was to come.

OOC: sorry the short post could not think what else to write.

[/size]

Name, Age:
House, Role:

Pet, Patronus:
Wand:

"That's fine." Rashaad nodded to the woman. "We'll get it done and then bother everyone in the great hall." He offered with a grin. "I already fed Owen, so I don't need to come back." The rabbit in question was enjoying some hay right now, clearly not minding the three humans in the room. And having things to do was better than waiting around bored for the kids. "Any guesses on who will be in what house? Make a few wagers during dinner?"

OOC: Saturday night's alright for fighting.

Name, Age:
Egeria Ladonus, 25

House, Role:

Pet, Patronus:

Wand:
Silver Lime with a Phoenix core 9 inches, Unyielding flexibility from Ollivander

Mood: playful

"Are you sure it's wise making bets with a divination professor? Seems like a bold move to me," She said, jokingly as they made their way to her class. She was an elective professor so she only taught upperclassmen, 3rd years and up. Though the same could be said for Rashaad he still seemed to view them as snot-nosed brats all the same. However, for what it was worth, while bratty children were most definitely undesirable, she dared to think they were far better than bratty adults. Could an adult even be called a brat or was there a far better term for it?

Name, Age:
House, Role:
Small Rashaad.png

Pet, Patronus:
Wand:

For all that he called them brats, he didn't quite believe it. He did enjoy his students and he wouldn't be doing this crap if he didn't. He wouldn't have made it the ten years nor have any students in his class if he hated it or hated the kids. He grinned and nodded. "That's half the fun." He chuckled and shook his head. "Unless you want to get drunk and say screw it completely. I won't stop you if you do. I'll take pictures for proof. Leonard, are you in?" He teased gently.

OOC: Sunday funday.

Last edited:

Leonard Grangscott

• 1574651436594.png"What's the wager?" Leonard asks with a raised eyebrow. "If I may propose knowledge as the wager, it doesn't require us to embarrass ourselves or anything extreme." He said pulling out a memory of his and putting it in a vial to show his dedication. "Knowledge is power they say, and while I may not be as proficient with divination as you Egeria, I've dabbled enough to make this an even playing field." He says with a grin. "So what do you think?" (ooc)

Name, Age:
Egeria Ladonus, 25

House, Role:

Pet, Patronus:

Wand:

Mood: playful

Egeria raises an eyebrow to Leonard as he proposes knowledge as a wager " And pray tell what type of knowledge is being wagered here? I doubt you'll be satisfied with what I had for breakfast this morning so it stands to reason this knowledge isn't just random, useless trivia. So...what is it that we are betting exactly?" She asked curiously as the man used his wand to pull a memory out of his head, and placing it in a vial to show hid dedication to the idea.

Last edited:
OOC: Sorry for the delay in posts. I've been GMing for another RP, and working outside of that. My posts might not be fancy from now on since it takes me like 15 extra minutes per post to get everything situated. But I'll make sure things are concise at least. There's also two versions for dark mode and light mode users.

Playing: Cassia Gold
With: Sean & Allison EldridSmith EldridSmith Rathian Diablos Rathian Diablos
Wand: Blackthorne, 11", Dragon Core, Ollivanders
Pet & Patronus: Owl, Terrier
Compartment: 3
Mood: Joyful, Curious
•••
Cass folded her hands in her lap, and a second later began to fidget with a stray strand of hair. Though she didn't agree with Sean in some regards, including those about Gryffindor house, she managed to keep it to herself. Her focus drifted towards the cards he retrieved a second later, but before she could respond, another girl spoke up. Cass almost made a face that would have probably made her seem judgmental towards the stranger, but quickly masked it. How long had she been sitting there?

Nevertheless a friendly smile passed over her features before she held out her hand to shake it with Alison.
"Hi! I'm Cassia. It's nice to meet you!
As the two conversed she would quiety listen; soon retrieving a red velvet cookie from the box. She'd never had cookies of this flavor, and quite enjoyed it. "I'm with Alison on the cards thing-- You can teach us!"

OOC: Sorry for the delay in posts. I've been GMing for another RP, and working outside of that. My posts might not be fancy from now on since it takes me like 15 extra minutes per post to get everything situated. But I'll make sure things are concise at least.

Playing: Cassia Gold
With: Sean & Allison EldridSmith EldridSmith Rathian Diablos Rathian Diablos
Wand: Blackthorne, 11", Dragon Core, Ollivanders
Pet & Patronus: Owl, Terrier
Compartment: 3
Mood: Joyful, Curious
•••
Cass folded her hands in her lap, and a second later began to fidget with a stray strand of hair. Though she didn't agree with Sean in some regards, including those about Gryffindor house, she managed to keep it to herself. Her focus drifted towards the cards he retrieved a second later, but before she could respond, another girl spoke up. Cass almost made a face that would have probably made her seem judgmental towards the stranger, but quickly masked it. How long had she been sitting there?

Nevertheless a friendly smile passed over her features before she held out her hand to shake it with Alison.
"Hi! I'm Cassia. It's nice to meet you!
As the two conversed she would quiety listen; soon retrieving a red velvet cookie from the box. She'd never had cookies of this flavor, and quite enjoyed it. "I'm with Alison on the cards thing-- You can teach us!"

Last edited by a moderator:

Sean Wilson

• 1574720780539.png Sean shuffled the cards as he talked. "Well let's just start with go fish." He says before dealing out 7 cards to each of them and placing the deck in the center of the table. "Oh cool! Must be nice having sweet treats around all the time. My parents work for a private wizard business but they disappeared so I'm with my aunt... she's strict and boring. She works for the ministry." He says before hearing Cassia. "Do you know how to play go fish?" He asked her. (OOC Xrene)

Leonard Grangscott

• 1574721601491.png"Your greatest spell, arcane discovery, or ruins discovered in the wizarding world." He said. He wanted knowledge and sharing one of his discoveries was nothing compared to gaining more knowledge (ooc)

Name, Age:
House, Role:
Small Rashaad.png

Pet, Patronus:
Wand:

"Now I'm curious." Rashaad smirked. An exchange of knowledge seemed good to him, especially with the tablet he had just received. "Winner gets a piece of valuable information from each of us. Something not previously shared before. I like it." He nodded and withdrew his wand, removing a memory carefully as well. Thankfully, it was something he could reciprocate in, his latest discoveries in runes not yet out to anyone but himself. This would be fun. "The winner can choose to share or not. Don't say if you'd share anyway, that ruins the fun of it all."

OOC: No worries. Some posts will naturally be shorter than others.

Name, Age:
Alison Freed, 11

House, Role:
Hufflepuff, 1st Year
20191104_140822.jpg
Pet, Patronus:
Northern White-faced Owl "Soren", Rabbit

Wand:
Applewood with Unicorn core, 10 inches with supple flexibility from Ollivander

With: Cassia, Sean & Nathan

Mood: Nervous/Friendly

" Yeah it's pretty nice, our house is right above the shop, we'll I suppose it's more like an apartment maybe? It's a single floor up top so everything always smells nice...but it does get a bit noisy sometimes, I don't mind it much during the day, but sometimes it does become a little much during the night." She said taking a red velvet cookie with buttercream chips inside, taking a bite as Sean spoke a bit about himself and his aunt. "Oh, my mother works for the ministry as well, it keeps her quite busy sometimes, my grandparents seem to be happy about that...her working for the ministry that is, I don't get to spend much time with them, of course. They don't like my father, because he's a muggle and a baker at that, they think the whole thing is an embarrassment but my cousin is a squib so I'm the only magical grandchild they have, apparently being a half-blood is more acceptable to them than being a squib." She said, feeling a little uncomfortable now she had said it out loud, realizing how bad it sounded. She realized it was a horrible way to look at things, but she didn't tend to think about them much.

Soon, however, she found herself shaking hands with the other girl in the compartment, holding her cookie in the same hand as her cards as not to get cookie on the girl's hand. "It's nice to meet you," She said as a little kitten ran into the compartment. It was adorable as it ran over begin Soren's cage, piquing the silly owl's interest as it turned to face it before the owner came in after it. Alison looks up at the boy and points behind Soren's cage "I think that's your kitten over there." She said.

EldridSmith EldridSmith c h a n a c h a n a Commissar Darman Commissar Darman
11=Jack 12=Queen 13=King and 14=Joker

Name, Age:
Egeria Ladonus, 25

House, Role:

Pet, Patronus:

Wand:

Mood: playful/Curious

"Well, that's a bit subjective, isn't it? How does one assess their best spell, it is the best overall or simply the spell you like the best? I'm not much of an adventurer so ruins are out, but I suppose I could go for arcane discoveries if I can't decide on a spell." She said pulling a memory from her head, but not letting them know the nature of the knowledge she had chosen to pluck. After all, as Rashaad had said, it was no fun, if they told before it was won. The knowledge would be for the winner to choose rather they'd share or not, only she and the winner would know, assuming the winner wasn't her in the end. She placed it in a vial and closed it, just as they were coming around to her class.

Leonard Grangscott

• 1574799811875.png"Excellent! So how shall we go about deciding who the winner is? Shall we gain more points for guessing those who go into our own house or less for them?" He inquires, trying to see how this would play out as they approach her room. (ooc)

Name, Age:
House, Role:
Small Rashaad.png

Pet, Patronus:
Wand:

Mood: Amused

Rashaad chuckled. This was going to be fun. "Five points for those we guess correctly who enter Hufflepuff, Gryffindor, or Slytherin, two points for those in Ravenclaw." He offered as they entered the divination classroom. It seemed fair, given they knew their house best. And all three being Ravenclaw made it easier than if they had each been in separate houses. "We already have a list of incoming students. Shall we wager now or place our bets during the welcoming feast?"

OOC: I hope everyone is having a nice day.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back