• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom Tears of the Phoenix - Previous

NAME - Fennox Berger
HOUSE - First Year, Hufflepuff
BIO - Male, 10, French
LOCATION - Platform 9 3/4; Hogwarts Express, Compartment 4
INTERACTIONS - Allura Berger; Rin Lavesier; Trevor O'Donnell; Abigail Wickerson; Clarissa O'Donnell; Dahlia Ash

Fennox watched as his sister ran headfirst into- and through- a brick wall. It was... terrifying, to be completely honest. Of course, he knew she would be fine. He knew about the magical concealment that made it seem completely solid, and knew that it was how one accessed the Hogwarts Express. He also knew that any of the stories that Allura had told him about "accidents" occurring when one ran through were all fake. Mother had insisted. Still, none of this knowledge helped to stuff down the basic fear one had when they prepared to run into a brick wall.

"Fenn, love, it's fine. Allura is right on the other side- if you want, I could come through with you," his mother reassured. This had been going on for the last three minutes or so as Fennox bounced between safety and some semblance of courage. On one hand, he would have Mother with him when and as he crossed through. On the other hand, he would be taking the step he would have to take for the next few years. A... step to independence, regardless of how small. Well, here's to courage.

Fenn turned his head back to face his mother. When he spoke, it was with conviction. "I can do it on my own, Mum." Turning to face his target, his hands gripped his belongings harder as he ran to and through a solid brick wall. That felt... different. Now in a completely different location- Platform 9 3/4, he remembered- the sheer amount of things going on were on an entirely different level. Well, not to say it was more commotion, just that it was bustling with a different crowd.

"Fenn! I'll be joining up with some friends, so you'll need to find some first-years to sit with. Make some friends!" Allura's shouts could barely be heard over the bustle and hustle before she disappeared into a cart. Time to make some friends then.

Fennox, joining a stream of fellow students, made his way up and onto the Hogwartz Express. He looked into the windows of most of the compartments and had a small panic attack when he realized that most of them seemed to be talking with friends. He managed not to backtrack as he walked, but still hesitated in front of each door. Finally, he found one with other first years. Well, he hoped they were first years- it would be easier to make friends if they were.

Taking a deep breath, he knocked on the door and opened it. "Um, have room for one more?"
[class=link] display: inline-block; cursor: url(https://66.media.tumblr.com/6fb38fc5e97353c67e3fc3a2e2b29bf9/tumblr_inline_ol4nwisGdu1uxxza6_75sq.png), auto!important; transition: 1s; font-size: 9px; font-family: Avenir; padding-top: 5px; color: #999; [/class] [class=tag] display: inline; color: #b6a39c; font-size: 13px; font-weight: bold; font-family: Raleway; [/class] [class=dot] display: inline; color: #000; font-family: Raleway; [/class]
[div class=tag]fennox berger
[div class=dot]
[div class=tag]10
[div class=dot][/div] [div class=tag]male[/div] [div class=dot][/div] [div class=tag]french[/div] [/div]
house

hufflepuff.
role

first year.
platform 9 3/4. hogwarts express, compartment 4.
interactions

Allura Berger.
Rin Lavesier.
Trevor O'Donnell.
Abigail Wickerson.
Clarissa O'Donnell.
Dahlia Ash.
Fennox watched as his sister ran headfirst into- and through- a brick wall. It was... terrifying, to be completely honest. Of course, he knew she would be fine. He knew about the magical concealment that made it seem completely solid, and knew that it was how one accessed the Hogwarts Express. He also knew that any of the stories that Allura had told him about "accidents" occurring when one ran through were all fake. Mother had insisted. Still, none of this knowledge helped to stuff down the basic fear one had when they prepared to run into a brick wall.

"Fenn, love, it's fine. Allura is right on the other side- if you want, I could come through with you," his mother reassured. This had been going on for the last three minutes or so as Fennox bounced between safety and some semblance of courage. On one hand, he would have Mother with him when and as he crossed through. On the other hand, he would be taking the step he would have to take for the next few years. A... step to independence, regardless of how small. Well, here's to courage.

Fenn turned his head back to face his mother. When he spoke, it was with conviction. "I can do it on my own, Mum." Turning to face his target, his hands gripped his belongings harder as he ran to and through a solid brick wall. That felt... different. Now in a completely different location- Platform 9 3/4, he remembered- the sheer amount of things going on were on an entirely different level. Well, not to say it was more commotion, just that it was bustling with a different crowd.

"Fenn! I'll be joining up with some friends, so you'll need to find some first-years to sit with. Make some friends!" Allura's shouts could barely be heard over the bustle and hustle before she disappeared into a cart. Time to make some friends then.

Fennox, joining a stream of fellow students, made his way up and onto the Hogwartz Express. He looked into the windows of most of the compartments and had a small panic attack when he realized that most of them seemed to be talking with friends. He managed not to backtrack as he walked, but still hesitated in front of each door. Finally, he found one with other first years. Well, he hoped they were first years- it would be easier to make friends if they were.

Taking a deep breath, he knocked on the door and opened it. "Um, have room for one more?"

Tags:
Triforce Triforce L0ck0n L0ck0n BobRossMobBoss BobRossMobBoss SavannahSmiles SavannahSmiles @Brea The Brave
[/div][/div] https://www.rpnation.com/threads/𝗰𝗵𝗿𝗶𝘀𝘁𝘆-⧾-𝗰𝗼𝗻𝘀𝘁𝗲𝗹𝗹𝗮𝘁𝗶𝗼𝗻′𝘀-𝗰𝗿𝗶𝘀𝗽𝘆-𝗰𝗼𝗱𝗲𝘀.454487/post-9951524[/div]

Last edited by a moderator:

Name, Age:
Abigail Ann Wickerson|16

House, Role:
1st year hufflepuff
20191107_165525_100x100.jpg
Pet, Patronus:
Melanistic Barn Owl named Tabitha|Grizzly Bear

Wand:
A supple 11 inch willow wood wand with a thestral tail hair core made by an unknown wand maker

a

With: Rin( Triforce Triforce ), Alison(@Brea The Brave), Trevor( L0ck0n L0ck0n ), Clarrisa( SavannahSmiles SavannahSmiles ), and Fennexo( honeylemon honeylemon )

Mood: Sad, nervous, scared, and slightly annoyed

Not long after the two siblings entered another person showed up. He was young which implied he was a first year. She gave him a slight wave as she continued to read. Putting her earbuds back in and pressing play. The music coming off slightly muffled for everyone else in the compartment. Once her music was playing she began to scratch the cats head again. Pressing the button on her headphones she skipped to the next song and began to gently hum along with the song. Although she pretended to read she was actually deep in thought which became apparent when she didn't turn any pages. If one looked hard enough they'd also see she was holding back tears and her hands were shaking lightly. Eventually her eyes stopped moving as if she was reading and began to stare at on spot. Her breathing began to get shallow and rapid as she threw her book down and brought her arms up as if she was trying to block her face from being hit. She brought her knees to her chest, which threw poor Midna out of her lap and up into the air. A loud scream that could be heard through most of the train left Abigail's lips as she did so. Eventually she curled up and began to sob into her knees before booking it to the lavatory locking the door behind her.

OOC: text goes here

Name, Age:
Rin Lavesier, 11

House, Role:
1st Year Slytherin
Rin Ref.jpg
Pet, Patronus:
Bengal cat named Midna, Ocelot

Wand:
Dogwood wood with a unicorn hair core, 14 ½", surprisingly swishy

With: Abigail ( BobRossMobBoss BobRossMobBoss ), Dahlia/Alison (@Brea The Brave), Clary ( SavannahSmiles SavannahSmiles ), Trevor ( L0ck0n L0ck0n ), and Fennox ( honeylemon honeylemon )
Mood: Agitated

Midna hissed and ran out the door just before Abigail. Rin's eyes grew wide as she quickly processed what had just happened. "Great. Just great. You were extremely rude and insulting not only Abigail but her family and now she's gone who knows where along with my cat." Rin sneered at Alison. "You're an absolutely horrid person and I hope you are kinder to these others if they decide to stay while I go looking for Abigail and Midna." She huffed and stalked out of the compartment as well.

Abigail was likely the easiest to find. Someplace secluded, where no one else was. Likely the back of the train or the toilets. Either way, it wasn't likely near the other compartments, ones Rin could hear talking and laughing coming from. She sighed and began to head towards the toilet. Hopefully, she could find Abigail first and then convince her to come search for Midna with her. Partners were always better when a stubborn cat was concerned. Especially as the cat had disappeared entirely. Midna had certainly decided enough was enough. She didn't want to be around these crazy witches any longer and she knew her human would find her eventually.

OOC: Commissar Darman Commissar Darman , If you want Felix and Midna to start creating chaos together, they can begin on the train. Or Nathan can find Midna and have her for a bit. ^_^
]

Name, Age:
Egeria Ladonus, 25

House, Role:
Ravenclaw, Divination Professor

535925a8284143f3a9653d61ef00b891.jpg
Pet, Patronus:
Silver Furred Egyptian Mau Cat "Aine", Snow Leopard Is her Patronus

Wand:
Silver Lime with a Phoenix core 9 inches, Unyielding flexibility from Ollivander

With: Reshaad & Leonard

Mood: playful/Curious

Egeria gives thought to Rashaad's proposal and shrugs. "I suppose that arrangement is fair, spotting potential members for our own house would be far too easy so it makes sense they'd be worth fewer points. As for when we should place these bets. Hmm, I say...during the ceremony, having dossiers and profiles are all well and good, but I believe seeing the students in person may provide a bit of last-minute perspective. After all, the hat also take into consideration what the wearer wants, not simply their traits. Take for example Harry Potter, Peter Pettigrew or Sirius Black, all Gryffindor practically by choice...though one was ill-suited to the house the hat took into consideration his desire to be brave...even if he failed to meet the standard, it still placed him where he wanted to be. So things may not be as straight forward as we think." She said and turned to the storage closet "Anywho, just help me straighten out these tables and place the crystal balls in the center, not very much t do honestly." She explained.

EldridSmith EldridSmith Triforce Triforce

Last edited:

James Lawrence Wilkinson, Age: 36
House, Role:

Slytherin, Department of Magical Law Enforcement, Auror Task Force

Patronus: Fox Terrier
Wand:

Elder Wood, 10 and 3/4", Sturdy, Dragon heartstring (Norwegain Ridgeback), Olivander

a

With: Bryony, Liam

Mood: Mildly Miffed

James let out a long sigh as he stepped from the fireplace, running his callused fingers though his hair. She is not going to like this, just another dead-end. His pace brisk as he moved through the ministry to the Task Force Leaders office. Cubicle? He could never really get the terminology right in his head. James did not like being stuck in the Ministry for too long. He much preferred to be out hunting, rather then sitting around in meetings and doing paperwork. Much how he preferred the more involved classes rather than the homework back in his Hogwarts days.

He approached Bryony's cubicle/office, James was lost in thought that he barely acknowledged Liam's presence, with a small nod. But in the glance quickly sized them man up as a potential rival or threat. Hey Boss, that lead I was tracking down... Well it's all bollocked. They had been there, but cleared out about two days ago. His arms folded over his chest as he leaned on the wall. This time there was no trail to follow, the whole bar was shambolic.

Without much of a sideways glance James hooked his thumb at Liam and raised an eyebrow. Who's the gobby dog's dinner? Referring to the loud manner in which Liam had been talking to Bryony and his fashion choices in a way that would not be overtly apparent to him.

OOC: I will try to post with coding as much as I can, but some of my posts may be on mobile. So plain text maybe more common.

James let out a long sigh as he stepped from the fireplace, running his callused fingers though his hair. 'She is not going to like this, just another dead-end.' His pace brisk as he moved through the ministry to the Task Force Leaders office. Cubicle? He could never really get the terminology right in his head. James did not like being stuck in the Ministry for too long. He much preferred to be out hunting, rather then sitting around in meetings and doing paperwork. Much how he preferred the more involved classes rather than the homework back in his Hogwarts days.

He approached Bryony's cubicle/office, James was lost in thought that he barely acknowledged Liam's presence, with a small nod. But in the glance quickly sized them man up as a potential rival or threat. "Hey Boss, that lead I was tracking down... Well it's all bollocked. They had been there, but cleared out about two days ago." His arms folded over his chest as he leaned on the wall. "This time there was no trail to follow, the whole bar was shambolic."

Without much of a sideways glance James hooked his thumb at Liam and raised an eyebrow. "Who's the gobby dog's dinner?" Referring to the loud manner in which Liam had been talking to Byrony and his fashion choices in a way that would not be overtly apparent to him.

Leonard Grangscott

• 1574995277650.png"I must concur with Egeria, getting a personal feel for them would be for the best, as not all of them will be sorted into the house their profile would direct us to expect." He says before looking around, flicking his wand to get everything nice and neat before retrieving a crystal ball and placing it on one of the tables. (OOC)

Name, Age:
Bryony Nakashima, 28

House, Role:
Gryffindor, Aurur Taskforce leader
Pet, Patronus:
None, swift

Wand:
Ash, ten inches, supple, dragon heartstring

a
With: [Liam, James]
Mood: [Frustrated]

A vein visibly popped in Bryony's forehead after Kizzie's parting comment- there was one who had absolutely no respect for Ministry hierarchy and Bryony viewed this as a problem. Liam followed her into her office and began abruptly. Bryony's scowl became more and more pronounced as he spoke. Equal cooperation? Not been briefed? What on earth are they playing at over there? Bryony prevented herself with difficulty from rolling her eyes, frowning at the piece of paper he handed her.

The vein quickly reappeared as he resumed speaking. 'One less mess for us to deal with'? Who does this man think he is? She felt another eyeroll coming on. Typical American. When he was finally done, she took a breath in order to calm herself down and looked directly at him.

"Look, Mr. Roosevelt, I know you like to do things differently overseas, but this is Britain, not America, and 'bureaucratics', as you call them, are essential to help keep us accountable and organized. And as it seems some information was lost in translation when you were sent here, allow me to elucidate. You were assigned to my taskforce. I am in charge here, and if you have a problem with that I suggest you take it up with whoever made the arrangements.

For as long as you are on this team, you will be doing things my way. We don't have time for heroics, and we certainly can't afford any loose cannons going off and hunting down villains as they please. You will follow protocol, and you will file reports like everyone else. Finally, you will please remember that you are on British soil and, though you have been granted certain liberties by the Ministry for the purpose of this investigation, that will no longer be the case if you cause any trouble. Do I make myself clear?"

Before the man could answer, James had stepped in without bothering to knock, which meant the news was important. Well, either that or he had simply forgotten to. He gave Liam a quick glance before turning to her and reporting his findings. Bryony sighed, not surprised but still disappointed. James then pointed at Liam and enquired about him with a raised eyebrow. Though the expression he'd used was rather obscure and might not mean much to the American, the tone was unmistakable. The desire to roll her eyes returned.

Great, here comes the macho posturing. These two are going to be exhausting... she thought. In response to James' question, she made the introductions.

"James, this is Mr. Liam Roosevelt. He's part of the gunslinger division at MACUSA and just transferred to our team. Would you please show him around? I need to update our information with the news I just received from you and Oliver."

With that, she sat back down and focused resolutely on the parchments littering her desk, tying to figure out the next move.

OOC: I feel like the aurors are so outnumbered xD

Name, Age:
Rashaad Travers, 42 years old
House, Role:
Ravenclaw alum., Professor of The Study of Ancient Runes

Pet, Patronus:
Pet: Lionhead rabbit named Owen, Patronus: wyvvern
Wand:
Hornbeam wood, 11 inches, dragon heartstring, inflexible

With: Leonard ( EldridSmith EldridSmith ) & Egeria ([USER=37429]@Rathian Diablos) [/USER]
Mood: Joking

Rashaad smirked, following suit with his wand to clean each of the orbs as they came out of the closet. "We can assume these new ones are full of personality at least. We'll sit together and keep a dossier with us, marking a letter next to each for the house they'll go into before they are sorted. Whoever is in the middle will have the other two to observe, keep from cheating." That would keep the bet a bit more fair as well. He thought to himself.

OOC: Dice sounds fine to me. How do we do that?

[/user]

OOC: ▸ Let me know if this format is too extra lol. I can shrink it.
For the entirety of the week, Lynnette had been ecstatic about the trip to Hogwarts, but now that she stood on the platform with the train chugging in the background, she could feel her gut churning. Lynne was always a bit of a baby; she couldn't even spend the night at her friends' houses just across the street without getting homesick. How was she supposed to go a full year without seeing her parents? Finally feeling the familiar tears prick at her eyes, Lynne sniffled and puckered her lips to try and hold them in.

"I don't know if I want to go anymore," Lynne bubbled suddenly to her dad; her mom noticeably absent from platform 9 3/4 since she was a muggle. The declaration from his daughter caused him to blink in shock.

"What do you mean? You've been bouncing off the walls since Monday." He pointed out, soon noticing her glossy eyes. "Oh, Lynnette," He cooed, embracing his now sniffling child in a hug. "You'll have so much fun, I promise," Lynnette mumbled something incoherent into his plaid jacket. "What?"

"I said what if I get homesick!"
She blurted louder. The elder man stroked the child's messy brown hair.

"You'll be fine. You're a big girl now, right?" Lynne hated when he pulled that card, but she nodded anyway. "Plus, you'll learn so much about magic and amazing creatures, I promise you'll regret it if you don't go." Lynne remained silent for a few moments before she sunk her head with a deep breath. "That's my girl. Now, hurry and get on, you don't want to be stuck in the back. Try to get a window seat if you can." With another tight hug, a few more shed tears, and a plethora of sweet words, Lynne wiped her face and boarded the train.

She really wanted to believe her father since he too attended Hogwarts when he was younger, but she couldn't help but worry that she would just want to come home the second she got there. When she found the first window she came across, she peered out of it to see her dad once more. At her sad face, he gave her a stern look and pointed back to the carts of the train. With a downtrodden glance, she obliged and wheeled herself and her belongings to the first compartment she could find. Awkwardly peering into the room, Lynne saw two kids dressed very fancily. Feeling her nerves get to her when she looked down at her baggy shirt and tomboyish clothes, she decided against joining the rich-looking kids and moved on to the next compartment.

The next room seemed a bit packed already, but what made Lynne really debate on staying was the bright smile on two of the kids' faces- they seemed friendly enough and it was a front compartment as her dad had suggested. With a deep breath and a quick wipe of her tear-dried face, Lynne forced a signature smile onto her nervous face and headed in.

"Uhm hello!" She greeted awkwardly, brightening her cheeky grin to seem as friendly as possible. "Is this room full? I don't have much." She asked and pulled her small bag of belongings more in front of her for the group to see. "Could I sit with you guys?" Lynne's toes curled nervously in her sandals and she fidgeted awkwardly but kept the bright smile on her face as best as she could. It was obvious Lynne was not going to be a Gryffindor as her father was, and most likely not a Slytherin like many of her family members before her.

Ayama Ayama ProphetessCassandra ProphetessCassandra

Sean Wilson

• 1575414567450.png "Oh it must be nice having the house smell like sweets all the time... though it would drive me crazy as I LOVE sweets." Sean says picking up his cards before Cassia excused herself to use the restroom. "Do you want to join us? You can fill in for Cassia." He offers Nathan. (OOC)

Name/Age: Clairabelle Cartwright
House/Role: Slytherin/First Year
Pet/Patronus: Snow Owl/Arctic Fox
Wand: Pine, 11 inches, Quite Rigid, White River Monster Spine, Ryuusei Cartwright
With: ThatGuyWithSouvlaki ThatGuyWithSouvlaki Pierre Guerrer
Mood: Confident

It seemed the boy liked to keep his hair messy. Not that it was Clairabelle's buisness but it didn't seem to match the rest of his personality and image.
Clairabelle frowned and put her wand back in her purse. He then remembered to introduce himself. He was Pierre Guerrer.
It seems he had heard her last name somewhere before, asking if she was connected to the ministry of magic.
"No but my parents are quite famous if that helps. They have both contributed much in the way of defensive magic recently."
Clairabelle spoke proudly of her parents. It was her goal to become famous and successful too. As per how she was raised.
"Perhaps you've heard of them in the news. It's my dream to follow in their footsteps, but kinda in my own way. I wanna be famous and successful too."
Clairabelle had a faint smile as if she was dreaming about the future.

"Do you know what house you want to be placed in? I'm definitely going to be in Slytherin. I just know it!"
Clairabelle's parents had both been in Slytherin, which meant Clairabelle wanted to be in Slytherin too.

ThatGuyWithSouvlaki ThatGuyWithSouvlaki

Name, Age:
Ramaya Louviere, 17

House, Role:
Slytherin, Seventh-year
Pet, Patronus:
Raven, Raven

Wand:
Willow, eleven inches, pliant, white river monster spine

a
With: [Zona, Dane, Alexander]
Mood: [Amused]

Ramaya had done a lot of traveling this past summer. She'd decided to celebrate the removal of her trace by exploring the magical world, going mostly to places in America she hadn't been yet (though she had gone back to France as well). However, she had buckled down during the last section and focused on schoolwork. It wouldn't do to let her grades or her reputation slip during her last year at Hogwarts, and she fully intended to get an 'Outstanding' in all eight of her NEWTs.

She barely paid attention to the hustle and bustle on the platform, wasting no time in getting on the train. All her friends were in 7th-year and no doubt already inside, and her family had never come to see her off here. Her raven, Poe, was probably already halfway to Hogwarts by now (she'd never forced him to travel with her as he would be incredibly bored doing so). She quickly boarded the Hogwarts express at the front, where the prefects' carriage was. Expertly levitating her trunk onto a rack, she walked in to witness an endearingly familiar scene: Zona and Alexander posturing at each other.

Grinning, she walked up and sat herself down casually, crossing her legs and spreading her arms wide across the whole seat.

"Term's barely started and you two are at it already I see," she declared in her trademark coastal southern drawl tempered with English and French.

Zona and Alexander had been going head-to-head over Slytherin vs. Ravenclaw since they were both selected as prefects in their fifth year. Ramaya had joined in as well, but her energy had also been focused on making sure the Slytherin quidditch team (which she was captain of) stayed on top. She had been one of the candidates for Head Girl at the end of sixth year, but the Head Boy and Girl couldn't be from the same House and, though the competitive part of her wanted to be first in everything, she had to admit that with eight second-year NEWTs and the quidditch captaincy, she probably had more than enough on her plate.

Besides, if she had been chosen as Head Girl, Alexander would not have become Head Boy, and she knew he was perfect for it. So, if it had to be one of them, she was glad it was him. They'd gotten quite close since becoming prefects together, since they were similar people and got along well. They were always able to support each other, and she was definitely happy for him. However, the fly in the ointment here was that now he needed to be replaced as a prefect, and so for her final year at Hogwarts she would be stuck working with Vincent Volkov. Vincent was a beater on her quidditch team and, though he was a decent quidditch player and a good student- not to mention from a good family-, the two of them weren't exactly the most compatible pair in the world. She sighed to think about this, knowing she would simply have to grit her teeth and bear it.

OOC: I love the way she talks xD

Name, Age:
Delphine Wright, 17

House, Role:
Gryffindor, Seventh Year Beater for House Quidditch Team
Pet, Patronus:
Persian cat, Butterfly

Wand:
11’’ Oak wood wand with a Unicorn hair core made by Ollivander

With: Dahlia/Alison (@Brea The Brave ), Clary ( SavannahSmiles SavannahSmiles ), Trevor ( L0ck0n L0ck0n ), Fennox ( honeylemon honeylemon )

Mood: Worried and curious

Delphine was cuddling with her boyfriend in compartment 6, half-listening to his boisterous plans on how to win the Quidditch Cup for Gryffindor, half enjoying the comfort of his muscly arms, when a loud scream caused her to blink. She looked to her boyfriend who was still talking.

“Did you hear that?”

“Hear what? The Hogwarts Cup calling our name?”

Delphine rolled her eyes. Sometimes she wondered whether her boyfriend had anything else besides Quidditch on the brain. He really was such a stereotypical male Gryffindor at times. But then, he was also the team captain, so perhaps she was being too harsh. It was the one thing she admired about him. His passion for the sport. Delphine loved quidditch as well. That was the reason she was still on the house team despite the upcoming NEWTs. However, even she wasn’t as passionate as he. At least, not passionate enough to have Quidditch in her future plans.

It was her last year in Hogwarts. The last time she would play for her House team. Therefore, rather than worry about her NEWTs, Delphine wanted to make the most memories she could. Besides, her BF would be crying rivers if their House Team lost all their best players just when he’d finally been made Captain. The least she could do, as his girlfriend, was be supportive.

Still. The scream sounded dangerous. What if someone had gotten hurt? What if a dementor had gotten on the train or something?

“I’ll be right back” Summoning the courage that made her a Gryffindor, Delphine drew her wand from the pockets of her black Hogwarts’ robes and exited compartment 6 just as a…cat…and a student…followed by a another student...bolted out of compartment 4? The older-looking kid seemed to be in tears. Delphine’s gaze followed the two to the lavoratory, eyebrows raised, before returning to compartment 4.

First thing's first was to gauge the situation.

Knocking twice to announce her presence, the Seventh year stood just outside compartment 4, her eyes darting between the children. First years from the looks of it. And no sign of danger either. Still, Delphine kept her wand out. In the case that anyone had gotten hurt she did know a couple of healing spells and counter jinxes after all. It was a basic requirement if anyone wanted to safely walk down the rowdy halls of Hogwarts—especially during Quidditch season where tempers and pranks were high. Delphine learned from experience. Competition sometimes brought out the worst in others.

“Is everyone alright?” Truthfully, the safety of the younger years was more a Prefects’ job than anything else. Or a teacher’s. However, she also believed in helping others as needed…and she wasn’t one to turn a blind when issues arise either. It simply wasn't in her nature. “What happened?”

OOC: Delphine's speech is bolded as compared to npc's for better viewing, not because she's speaking any louder.

Name, Age:
Pierre Guerrer, 11
House, Role:
Ravenclaw, 1st-year student

boy_by_merrymei_d9fb8uu-fullview.jpg

Pet, Patronus:
Barn Owl "Louis", stallion
Wand:
Cypress, Dragon Heartstring, 10inch, french make

a

With: SomebodyElse SomebodyElse

Mood: Slightly nervous

Pierre was thoughtful for a moment when she mentioned her family, trying to think whether he had heard of them. Than his eyes widened in an expression of the answer hitting him, remembering were he hear the name. "Ah oui! Ryu and Vanessa Cartwright! Incroyable! I remember mentioned in one of your newspapers, won an award for their service. Wow! Impressionnant." He said eyes lighting up with interest. He was admittedly envious of her right now, there was a girl whose parents were famous for the right reason unlike his own. "Did they teach you any tricks?"

OOC:

Name, Age:
Anton Whitterby, 24

House, Role:
Ministry Worker, Unspeakable
Pet, Patronus:
Raven, Snow Leopard

Wand:
12’’ Aspen wood wand that is quite springy with a dragon-heartstring core

With: Lead Unspeakable Sheila (npc)

Mood: Angry

“Magic doesn’t work like that. It interferes with electricity. That’s why whenever you bring an even remotely complicated piece of muggle technology to a magically dense area, it’ll go BOOM!” Anton threw his arms out in exaggeration. “The reason why is still a mystery. I should know. I work in the department of Mysteries, after all~”

Anton winked the secretary working at the Ministry of Magic’s front desk. “And that’s why the weapon our handsome American visitor was carrying around isn’t actually a true hybrid of muggle and magical technology, despite what some of my peers might claim. I’d say it’s more similar to a magical device. Magic can imitate the effects of muggle technology after all. Cars can be enchanted. We can make the wheels of a convertible turn at 700 mph. Move it the way muggles do it. Imitate electricity even. But it’d be actually all operated by magical energy in the end. Wizards can make muggle toys work in magical communities with enough effort, but the reverse isn’t true. A muggle device, purely made by a muggle, can’t be made to operate in wizarding society without magic. Therein lies the controversy!”

“Haha, I have no idea what you just said, Mr. Whitterby, but the American that flooed in just now certainly was dashing. I think I'd like his owl address.”

“Guns aren’t even that complicated! Now if you want to see real guns—“ Anton started to pull up his sleeves when he was suddenly slammed by a powerful stinging hex. “Ouch! What was that for—“

Anton swallowed when he met the eyes of his furious superior. He tried for a winning smile. “Hello S—“

Sheila’s expression was like frost. “If it weren’t for the fact that your brains are needed, you would have been dropped from this project the moment you opened your mouth. Stop wandering around the other departments like an idiot and get back to work Whitterby. The spell calculations won’t finish themselves.”

Anton nodded dismally and proceeded to follow the lead unspeakable's instructions. Spell calculations. Literally the most boring part of the job and Anton had little doubt it’d been assigned to him as punishment for his lack of punctuality. Sheila's idea of revenge...but in some ways, it was better than participating in the trial experiments. Fury burned within Anton. Fury at the hypocrisy. The sheer indifference of his coworkers. The coldness of bureaucracy he tried so hard to join. He wouldn’t mind watching it all burn.

None of Anton’s feelings showed on his face of course. He was already used to it.

Occlumency helped as well.

mentioned: Liam Roosvelt ( EldridSmith EldridSmith )

Name, Age:
Vincent Volkov, 17

House, Role:
Slytherin, 7th-year student, Prefect
m12e2635b.jpg

Pet, Patronus:
Ferret, Jaguar

Wand:
His wand is blocky and elven inches long, made of poplar, and has a core made of kelpie mane. By Ollivander

With: Alexander, Zona, Dane, Ramaya

Mood: Excited

His family had never really gone in for the whole emotional sending off that was more common among lesser families and muggles, but they had made sure that had a proper farewells at the platform. Vincent walked along the narrow train corridor to the Prefect's Carriage, his hands comfortably stuffed in the pockets of his school robes.

His pet ferret, Simon, was curled in a ball in one of the inside pockets of his robes, taking one of the many naps the ferret would take during the train ride, having already been raiding the snack trolley prior to departing the station proper. The seventh year Beater was grinning from ear to ear as he approached the Prefect's Carriage, when he heard a lively discussion about winning the House Cup and the thought of beating the other houses turned his smile into a slightly predatory one.
What's this I hear about setting eyes on our House cup?

He gave a friendly nod to each of the other students in the carriage car as he leaned on the door frame, with a small wink in Zona's direction. She was very smart and very competitive, and he liked that about her. But we would not let another house beat him in his last year. But when his eyes settled on Ramaya, who looked like she was in charge. Which in a way she was. She was his Captain of the Quidditch team and had led them to more wins then losses, so she had his respect, but they had not been the most chummy. They worked well together on the pitch, but off the pitch... They would have to work on that. For the sake of the House they would have to, they were the ones the younger students looked up and would try to model themselves after.

OOC: I will try to post with coding as much as I can, but some of my posts may be on mobile. So plain text maybe more common.

Vincent walked along the narrow train corridor to the Prefect's Carriage, his hands comfortably stuffed in the pockets of his school robes. He was grinning from ear to ear when he heard talk about winning the House Cup and the thought of beating the other houses. What's this I hear about setting eyes on our House cup? He gave a friendly nod to each of the other students in the carriage car as he leaned on the door frame, with a small wink in Zona's direction. She was very smart and very competitive, and he liked that about her. But we would not let another house beat him in his last year.

Name, Age:

Ross Starling, 16

House, Role:

Gryffindor, 6th Year Student
1575542550705.png
Pet, Patronus:

Barn Owl, Black Bear

Wand:

English Oak, 11 Inches, Rigid Dragon Heartstring

a
With: Delphine QuirkyAngel QuirkyAngel , Dalia/Alison @Brea The Brave , Clary SavannahSmiles SavannahSmiles , Trevor L0ck0n L0ck0n , Fennox honeylemon honeylemon
Mood: Excited and Slightly Mischievous

“For the last time dad I said I was fine, I mean what’s the worst that was going to happen? I’ve done the journey 5 times without any problems,”

Ross yelled as he jogged along the platform, closely followed by his father Terry. Despite numerous warnings left by his mother, they were cutting it pretty fine. Ross was clearing the way with his trolley, sending a few parents near enough diving out of the way, a couple of screeches from Merlyn (Ross’ Barn Owl) sent a few small children scampering out of the way as well. As much as he had protested that he was find travelling by himself, his parents (or his mother) had decided otherwise, not until his 7th year. Even with his mother out of the country (Taking part in a pre-season friendly against the Leinster Leprechauns) she’d stated her view, and his father for an easy life had decided to go along with them, Ross would complain now but invariably cool, whilst he had to see his wife near enough everyday. Thankfully with just under 10 minutes to spare before departure they’d pulled up outside the luggage carriage. Grabbing just his backpack and swinging it over his shoulder, he left the rest and Merlyn, to be loaded up by one of the train porters. He turned to face his dad, both were wearing matching Wimborne Wasps jumpers, the yellow and black pattern particularly vibrant.

Despite being only 16 it was clear that he had taken after his dad with his physical build, his father was tall and powerfully built, lending himself quite nicely to the position of Keeper, he’d been at Wimborne Wasps for 8 years now, having fully cemented himself as the starting Keeper, long enough to become a recognisable face judging by the sideways glances from a fair few members of the public. Despite his physical appearance (and performances on the Quidditch Pitch) he was a softly spoken and kindly man, and Ross clearly got his firey spirit from his mother Charlotte, that mix of Welsh blood. With genes from those two it was probably long pre-determined that he’d end up playing Quidditch, thankfully so far the signs were good, and it was the main thing he was looking forward to the coming year, practising at home, even with two professionals as parents, didn’t even come close to the real thing. His dad leaned in, placing a hand on Ross’ shoulder.

“Now remember keep your nose clean and your grades up. For my sake at the very least, I can’t be dealing with your mother’s fits when another owl comes at breakfast telling us you’ve got another detention for scrapping with some Slytherin saying they’re going to play you off the pitch again,”

Terry leant in closer, his voice lowering to a whisper, and a grin on his lips.

“Even if the bugger probably did deserve it. Quidditch Cup this year?”

Ross grinned back, falling into a hug.

"Like I always say, this year is our year. Already got it all planned out, we win it this year, then next year I make Captain and we do the double. Simple really,"

Despite the grin he was deadly serious, considering anything less than the quite impressive feat to be quite the failure. Last year's loss had been.That had put him in a real funk, spending the early summer months moping over the result. Quidditch was his everything, and if he was to realise his dream of playing it outside of Hogwarts that cup would have to be his. He separated from his dad as the whistle blew.

"Right get yourself on board, love you son,"

"Yeah yeah, you too dad,"

He jumped aboard a few seconds before the doors began slamming shut. Negotiating his way down the corridors, it soon became apparent that a good deal of the carriages were full already, managing nothing more than a nod and a grin at his friends who had already hunkered down in now fully packed compartments, all thanks to the poor timing on his and his father's part. He continued his way down the corridors, avoiding rushing pupils and more. With his robes currently stuffed in his bags he was wearing his Wimborne Wasps jumper and a pair of blue jeans and dark blue converses. Definitely more comfortable than doing the whole journey in robes. He paused letting a gaggle of first years run by, he let out a sigh and ran his hand through his hair, seemed like they were getting smaller every year. It was as one ran by screaming that he winced however, the high pitch noise cutting through his skull from this close proximity. He didn’t even see where she ended up, chased by a companion, just hearing the slamming of a lavatory door behind her, jamming a finger in his ear, he rounded the corner to a familiar sight. Delphine was standing in the entranceway to one of the compartments, looked like the one the first year had come wailing out of. A year older above him the pair were like chalk and cheese, she was shy and reserved whilst Ross was quite boisterous and almost combative, slight and fair to broad and stout. However on the Quidditch pitch Ross wouldn’t have a partnership as a Beater with anyone else. It had been tough going at first, but they’d managed to work out a relatively good friendship, mostly through Ross toning down the teasing and his natural high motor to a more manageable level. He slid up alongside her.

“Come on now Delph, scaring First Years again? We’ve only just left the station, got to give them half a chance,”

He looked from her to the array of First Years in the Compartment, flashing them a smile.

“Wotcher Newbies, all okay in here, no one getting murdered?”

Name, Age:
Abigail Ann Wickerson|16

House, Role:
1st year hufflepuff
20191107_165525_100x100.jpg
Pet, Patronus:
Melanistic Barn Owl named Tabitha|Grizzly Bear

Wand:
A supple 11 inch willow wood wand with a thestral tail hair core made by an unknown wand maker

a
With: Nobody
Mood: Terrified and panicking

Abigail made sure the door was locked behind her before resting her head in the door. Tears streaming down her face as she slid down the door. Her sobbing could be heard through the door as she reached into her pocket with shaky hands. She pulled out an old polaroid photo of her father holding her as a baby.
" I'm so sorry. I didn't mean to make you crash! PLEASE COME BACK TO ME!"
She spoke with a shaky voice as she sobbed. It had been about a year since her last episode. It had been one that nearly killed her as despite being told other wise she blamed herself for her father's fatal accident. She had been told it was some drunk driver who had lost control on the freeway and not her kicking the back of her father's seat. She always struggled to come to terms with that, but what would you expect a ten year old to believe when they had to watch someone they love die right in front of them.

Abigail eventually pulled her knees to her chest and began crying in them. So many feelings were going through her head that she was struggling to breath. Hogwarts was supposed to be a new start for her. A second chance to move on. The truth was she really wanted this to be a bad dream. One she would wake up from and find herself laying in a hospital bed. On her side would be both her parents so happy to see their daughter waking up from a five year coma. She even pinched herself hard enough to break skin as she tried to wake up.

OOC: text goes here

Name, Age:
Rin Lavesier, 11

House, Role:
1st Year Slytherin
588376-263283808a95c323d3446ece5fa0c233.jpg
Pet, Patronus:

Wand:

With: Abigail ( BobRossMobBoss BobRossMobBoss )
Mood: Agitated

She walked up and down the hallway with a glare. Rin didn't want to deal with nonsense! Allison wasn't someone she wanted to be around, probably thought everyone had to give her answers. She huffed as she stalked, ignoring anything and everyone except for Abigail.

Rin sighed as she came to the loo. It was locked but she could hear crying if she pushed her ear against the door. "Abigail?" She called softly. "Don't listen to that bint. We'll get her back good later. Come help me find Midna, she'll help you feel better and we can sit anywhere else but with that group." She sneered. She wanted her cat found, Allison gone, and to be able to sit and have a normal experience. They were going to Hogwarts and this didn't seem normal!

OOC:

Last edited:

Name, Age:
Egeria Ladonus, 25

House, Role:
Ravenclaw, Divination Professor

535925a8284143f3a9653d61ef00b891.jpg
Pet, Patronus:
Silver Furred Egyptian Mau Cat "Aine", Snow Leopard Is her Patronus

Wand:
Silver Lime with a Phoenix core 9 inches, Unyielding flexibility from Ollivander

With: Reshaad & Leonard

Mood: playful/Curious/Amused

Egeria uses her magic to fix the table cloths on the table, while she was at it she supposed the room might need some dusting so she performed a spell to do that as well as cleaning off the window before actually turning her attention to the crystal balls, making sure they were clean before she placed them in the center of the table. She then laughed as Rashaad's comment and looked at him "Do you really think any of us would cheat? I'm not opposed to this measure, but really now?" She asked unable to contain her amusement at the thought that someone would cheat to gain the boon of knowledge. Not to say it wasn't a worthy prize, the idea just made her laugh.

EldridSmith EldridSmith Triforce Triforce

Name, Age:
Rashaad Travers, 42 years old
House, Role:
Ravenclaw alum., Professor of The Study of Ancient Runes
Small Rashaad.png

Pet, Patronus:
Pet: Lionhead rabbit named Owen, Patronus: wyvvern
Wand:
Hornbeam wood, 11 inches, dragon heartstring, inflexible

With: Leonard ( EldridSmith EldridSmith ) & Egeria ([USER=37429]@Rathian Diablos) [/USER]
Mood: Joking

Rashaad snickered at the thought. "It wouldn't be the first time a Ravenclaw has cheated. We're professors. We know how to cheat better than our students or we wouldn't catch them." He didn't plan on cheating, but plans could change and he figured the other two were much the same. Teachers and adults weren't perfect and his pranks showed he could still be childish. This was all for fun anyway. "We might not cheat, but we might attempt. Who knows."

OOC:

[/user]

Name, Age:
Dahlia Ash, 28 (Currently pretending to be Alison Freed)
Zazzriel Cronus

House, Role:
Wampus, Ministry of Magic Depart of Improper Use of Magic
Slytherin, Phalanx
Pet, Patronus:
Oriental Fire Bellied Toad "Locke", Arctic Fox
Horned Serpent "Naga", Basilisk

Wand:
Sugar maple wood and wampus hair, 9 inches with whippy flexibility
Dragon Heartstring with Ebony wood 12 inches and slightly yielding flexibility.

20191106_025743.jpg

With: Abigail & Rin

Mood: Mischievous

Dahlia left the train car and followed them when she heard her say she was going to get her back good. That was a laugh, the only thing she'd do is bully an unsuspecting half-blood. She stood there laughing to herself balancing her ebony wood wand on her finger as Rin berated her and called her awful "Oh, no, did I hurt her feelings? All I did was speak the truth, it's not my fault if it's unpleasant. I don't see why you're so upset. You wanted to be right and that's exactly what you got, don't be mad at me because it wasn't the prize you wanted. I mean you're the one who made a big deal out of it? So...tell me...how exactly were you going to get me back sweetie?," She points her wand at her on neck level "Perhaps you'd like to settle it here, we are allowed to cast minor spells on the express, perhaps we could exchange spell tips" She said, seemingly threatening her, but in a way where no one would really know what's going on. She stepped closer and looked at both of them "Understand this and understand it well, you and the filthy half-blood need to stay out of my way, but if you want to play...we can play...but I always win" She said and then smiled, lowering her want and patted her shoulder before she left. Going further into the train. Now what she'd had her fun, she had to assume a new form. So she put her hood up and when she was out of sight, drank another potion.

BobRossMobBoss BobRossMobBoss Rathian Diablos Rathian Diablos Triforce Triforce

Name, Age:
Nathan Artorius Bishop, 11

House, Role:
HufflePuff, First-year Student
62eceb0a35e60b127d18ff33fbc87265-png.640883
Pet, Patronus:
Ragdoll Cat, Samoyed

Wand:
Hazel, 12", Slightly springy, Thunderbird Tail Feather, Wolfe

Mood: Relieved, Irritated.

Nathan looked over to where the girl pointed. He could just see Felixs tail wiggling about. The kitten has seemed to completely forget about his master and is slowly pawing at Alisons Owl with curiosity. Coming up to the cage. Nathan Snatched the cat before he had time to run off. Startled, Felix tried to free himself before finally calming down. As Nathan sat down with his cat in hand. A large sigh escaped him. "do you know how much trouble you've caused?" He asked the cat. Setting the cat on his lap after the two stared at each other. Nathan remembered there were other people in the Compartment. "Oh, Uh. Sorry about that. He likes to explore." Taking the scarf still in his hand. Nathan looked at the boy as he suggested he take the place of the girl who just left. "Sure I guess." Nathan shrugged. "At least until she comes back." grabbing the prior girls hand, examining the cards. Nathan wasn't paying attention to Felix. In the short time he was let go and Nathan grabbing the cards. Felix found a dust bunny and began swatting it on the floor. It didn't take long for him to knock it towards the doorway of the Compartment.

OOC: oh my god. Holidays are brutal. I thought I was done but nope. Surprise visit from family. So I must apologies.

Last edited:

Name, Age:
Rin Lavesier, 11

House, Role:
1st Year Slytherin
588376-263283808a95c323d3446ece5fa0c233.jpg
Pet, Patronus:

Wand:

With: Abigail ( BobRossMobBoss BobRossMobBoss )
Mood: furious

Rin narrowed her eyes as she was followed. She smacked the sand away with a hiss, glaring just as much as a young girl could. "Don't you touch me." She growled softly. Her own hand clenched her wand as well. Oh, if she could simply punch that pretty face! Rin ignored the warning, not letting Allison see she had done any more than infuriate the girl. She didn't know anything about and her words clearly didn't matter to anyone. Self centered and worse, clearly, like her uncle. She made a face as she was touched before the other girl walked away. Good, keep walking! And don't come back, either. "Half blood is better than being a bloody minge." She sneered under her breath, her thoughts even more hidden other than the distaste on her face. Rin turned back around and pounded on the door once more. "Come on out, then, Abigail. We don't need her." And if she tried anything, Rin would make sure there was payback for it. She didn't know how yet, she was only a first year really and not even that, yet. But she would come up with something. There was no rush, she had all year really. She sighed and tapped her you're impatiently for the older student to come out again.

Her own concerns at the lavatory, she didn't see Midna approaching compartment 3, sniffing at the door. The cat could smell another, familiar animal. Another cat, more superior than owls by far.

OOC:

Leonard Grangscott

• 1575777100653.png"if we agree to cheat we would have to sign a magic contract, but even then there are enchantments and ways around such a contract. However as teachers we could trust one another that the winner didn't cheat, yet we won't know for sure. Unless we consult a third party who is both more knowledge and powerful than us there is no way to truly know for sure. This is a battle of wits, cunning, and luck." He says with a playful smile as he places the last crystal ball on the table. (OOC)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back