• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Tales of the Supernatural

Characters
Here
Before he even got to ask what was going on or why a Lich (the crazy Lich off all people) were at her place for he was dragged off to a bedroom. Her plea for help was also confusing until he realized that the hold time he felt some kind of magic trying to poor into him. What was more o obvious was that she had magic oozing out of her like before but this time it wasn't going away. What was worse she seemed to be freaking out and unable to keep it under her control.

"Ok it is pretty obvious now why you were asking for my help. It seems you're a late bloomer in the magic department and seem to not know how to keep it under control. Is that about right or am I missing something?" He wanted to make sure and confirm with her because it might allow her to calm her down if she voices it out loud. "If help is what you need I can help you out something similar happened to me when I first got my power."

DarkRumours DarkRumours

Marnie:
She listened to Shaun and slowly started to breath steady. The logic behind what he was saying had hit a chord with her and she looked at him directly holding eye contact a look of exasperation showing she murmered something that sounded like, "This might be easier, try not to fight it." But it was just loud enough for him to hear. She gently took his hand and wrapped her fingers round his. This time round the magic tried to slow down and showed a more stable picture of what happened to Tanaka this morning. As soon as Marnie felt things trying to pick up the pace and force itself out in a tidal wave she dropped her hand and sighed walking away clearly agitated. "I've never even heard of this... I expected something closer to elemental... and I can't switch it on and off it does that on it's own." She smiled weakly at him, "So yes. If you have experience. I'd like your help. I think you owe me that at the least." She wasn't the weak or confused girl from last night but seemed tired and worried. She thought she'd feel happier when her powers had come to fruition but she just felt resent.

Interactions: Quinlan63 Quinlan63

She seemed to had calmed down like her mind was putting the pieces together and seemed to relax. Next thing he knows she is saying that she wants to try something and for him to not fight it. He did see the harm since he had his ways from protecting himself if things went south. After letting her take his hand the next thing he knew he could feel images being sent into his mind. It was her and Tanaka together from what must of been earlier since they looked like how they did now. It felt so real and it was as if he was feeling everything she did in that moment. It was not long before it faded away and he was back in the room standing with Marnie in front of him.

"Well that was interesting it somewhat reminds me of ability to control the minds of others. Although it seems you are projecting your thoughts and feelings into others by touch. I wouldn't say that is uncommon per say and it is true that from what I know that it is more common for elemental control to manifest first. As for turning it on or off that will require a bit of practice but it shouldn't take long to master. The first power is generally the easiest to control since requires only your focus and you being aware that you have it. In a since you have to create an image of this power in your mind like it is a faucet with running water, which will represent your magic. All you have to do is visualize turning it off and on until it becomes second nature. And remember always your magic is a part of you and that you have no reason to be afraid of it." A part of him was really happy to be doing this for her. He sure wish that he had someone to help him when his magic came in. If he did he wouldn't of abused his power so much or by mistake as it were.

DarkRumours DarkRumours

Marnie & Avalyn:

Marnie nodded like she understood then starting squinting in a rather adorable way. Unfortunately it was having no effect no matter how hard she tried she couldn't get the faucet turning right.
"Which way does a faucet turn again?" She sighed and got down on the floor rummaging under the bed for a few seconds before producing a pair of woollen mittens out looking rather proud of herself.
"These will work right?" She laughed and put them in her pocket.
"I'm not going to lie, it's hard to not fear it... it puts a spanner into my dating life, especially if I catch someone off guard."
She sat on the edge of the bed and ruffled her hair slightly before undoing the top button of her blouse slightly, even Marnie was starting to think she'd set the heating too high. She nodded to the door,
"The black haired beauty if my wife. Avalyn. She's part of my coven and will immediately question wether you had your way with me but secretly she's shipping me and Tanaka. He's the half fairy that's currently passed out on the sofa and on him is Shar they come as a pair and both saved me from some rather rude undead in the cemetary.
Lastly we have the Lich. Kel seems a little crazy and he's definitely old but it turns out all his memories and powers are locked into numerous belongings hidden in the city which is why we're gathered here. Except wifey... She's here because Tanaka freaked out and probably texted her again. There's also a cat and a turkey but I can't explain that even if I tried so don't ask."
She smiled. Every second she was relaxing more and she cocked her head, "So what I'm really asking Shaun is do you want to join us? If so come grab a coffee in the living room."
She got up a playful smile on her lips as she leaned round him to open the door pushing it open and sliding past him. She whispered to him "Just in case you die before I get a chance, thankyou for your advice and I'm sorry."

Interactions: Astrylan Astrylan Quinlan63 Quinlan63 Huntertabbysandshark3 Huntertabbysandshark3

Kelthas
Interactions: DarkRumours DarkRumours Quinlan63 Quinlan63 Astrylan Astrylan
"Don't threat, in already fed Percival, I doubt he shall be considering eating anyone here" Kel chuckled a little. Avalyn introducing herself promted Kel to tip his hat before gently shaking her hand. "Pleasure to make your aqantence miss avalyn however I can not help but fell I perhaps have arrived at a innapatuine time?" Kel asked a Little unsure. The arrival of a warlock signified someone was most definitely going on. Kel had a inkling of there arrival though he wasn't quite sure why. "Oh hello ther-" he was unable to finish any sort of greeting before marine dragged the warlock off. "Well this is rather concerning it does indeed seem something else is afoot, and yes miss avalyn I think today is indeed a coffee day.." Kel replied with a slightly more serious tone. In Kels fractured mind coffee was for those times when serious things hand to happen but where doughnuts serious? Only one way to find out, thusly there was not a skeleton with a hat and umbrella munching on a doughnut.
As for the chonk cat well it just sat itself ontop of tanaka purring contentedly.

Tanaka | Sharounna

Avalyn notices the door opening, only to see Marnie walk out a bit... She immediately smiles. Even the Turkey and Cat the Lich brought immediately hid under the table at the menacing aura Avalyn had. If this was an anime, there would be a demon forming with a deadly aura around her right now. She walks towards the door, and as Shaun walks out she immediately attempts to grab him and give him the shock of his life, rather literally.
Tanaka on the other hand, was waking up due to the constant background noise. He sits up just as Avalyn was throwing her hand to to shock Shaun. In his half-awake half-asleep stupor, he called out to her using a nickname. "Avie? Why are you here? Wait... My heads a bit fuzzy..." He noticed her turn around at hearing his voice, her smile becoming more gentle for a second, before returning to the scarier one from just a second before. "Hmm? What was that you called me just now Tanaka?" She glanced back at Shaun before advancing on Tanaka instead. Shaun can wait... He wasn't going anywhere, not on her watch anyway... "Uh, what do you... Oh crap..." After seeing Avalyns smile, he was fully awake and realized his mistake. Shar just flitted away and laid down on Marnies lap to fall back asleep. She seemed to think whatever happened next, was deserved. Tanaka sighed and just resigned himself to be shocked half to death... He hadn't even noticed the Lich yet, and most likely wouldn't until he came back around from Avalyn shocking him.

Interactions: DarkRumours DarkRumours Mentions: Quinlan63 Quinlan63 Huntertabbysandshark3 Huntertabbysandshark3

Shaun was fascinated by the prospect of what Marnie was proposing but before he could answer her he was left confused by her warning. Even with all he knew there wasn't anything except what he could guess the obvious of reasons why he should fear for his life. He didn't really have much time to think on since as he stepped out he was faced with Avalyn looking like she was going to attack him. He reflexively threw up a barrier to protect himself but it proved to be unnecessary as the sound of someone else prompted Avalyn to change her target of choice.

"What just happened?" he asked sending the barrier away and scratching his head. He wasn't sure if he was gonna have to teleport out of there or get some popcorn and just watch. Whatever the case he just shook his head and turned back to Marnie ever so slowly. "Yeah I think I can help you out with your search. I don't have any plans or any new targets to stop until any demon summon activity picks up so I can help you out." When the last final words left his mouth a part of him felt he might have made a big mistake but that was also the part of him that also said to get close to so many people without a good reason. Not to get tripped up by that he just let it go, grabbed a cup of coffee and took a sip.

"Nice coffee," he said looking over at Avalyn shocking Tanaka with lightning.

DarkRumours DarkRumours Astrylan Astrylan Huntertabbysandshark3 Huntertabbysandshark3

Marnie & Avalyn:

Marnie scooped Shar up and placed her on her head in case she woke up and wanted a better view. As soon as Avalyn had shocked Tanaka she turned around, her attention solely on Shaun.
"Now come on Ava, it was all a bit of fun."
"Oh I bet it was." Avalyn took another step towards Shaun and struck the wall behind him with a bolt of lightning. "First he dismantles the coven and puts you in danger. Next." Another bolt of lightning hit the wall again but skimmed past Shauns ear, "he comes charging in here and holes up in your room with you doing..."
"Doing what Ava? Come on think this through, you're just mad thats all..." she glanced at Tanaka and then decided to step in front of Shaun. She couldn't help Tanaka at this current time but she could possibly diffuse the situation from getting way out of hand. She watched as Avalyn's mind started to catch up with her emotions and Avalyn took another look at Marnie who looked even more ruffled up then when she stepped out of her room... As usual Marnie was just being Marnie "Helping? He was helping... you... " She looked at the gloves stuffed in Marnies pockets amd cursed herself for not thinking of that before hand and groaned, "Sorry..." she pointed at Tanaka though and lowered her voice, "he deserved that though."
Marnie raised an eyebrow but let it go. "Glad we've sorted that out without further damage to the place. How about I see you later or something? Okay? We have things to be getting on with..." slowly she stepped away from Shaun and watched as Avalyn walked to the door picking her coat up,
"Sorry for the outburst... its been a long morning already." She had regained her icy composure and waved sheepishly at Marnie before bowing her head to the boys and saying in an icy voice. "A strand of hair out of place on her when she gets back and-"
"Bye Avalyn!" Marnie waved happily as she shut the door on her friend before she could finish her sentence.
"Now. First things first. This is Shaun everyone. He's a warlock who managed to dismantle most of my coven's power including my mother but has agreed not only to help me in my struggles as an emotional train wreck, but in retrieving Kels belongings. Sooooo he'll be helping out." She clapped her hands and looked at Tanaka for any sign of life before scanning the other two and smiling apologetically to Kel giving him a "what can you do" shrug. "Before we get started any questions?" She leant over the coffee table and started picking up the napkins she'd scrawled on the night before. Every now and then pushing Shar back up on her head carefully to stop her sliding off.

Interactions: Astrylan Astrylan Quinlan63 Quinlan63 Huntertabbysandshark3 Huntertabbysandshark3

Kelthas
kel remained happily oblivious to the possible violent outcome that could have occurred happily munching on doughnuts, Percival crept his way from under the table and onto kel's lap the particularly thick and floofy cat requesting to be fed the bready sweet treat. "well pleased to make your acquaintance mister shaun, it is nice to see so many people trying to help an old man, some fine young people so rare these days" Kel would say cheerfully passing his cat a doughnut, before standing up again slinging Percival under his arm and taking his umbrella once again. "RIGHT THEN with that out of the way shall we proceed on our wondrous adventure? mayhaps we can ride upon my horseless carriage tis' such a fine invention" kel announced idely heading towards the door... not taking into account the fact he hadn't well.. gotten anywhere to do at the moment... oh well it seemed the lich's absentmindedness had gotten the better of him.

Tanaka | Sharounna

After enduring the earlier shocking experience, Tanaka was now fully awake. He glanced at Marnie, and noticed Shar was still sleeping, on Marnies head no less. "Shar, come on, time to wake up, we got things to do." "Mrr..." Rubbing her eyes and yawning, she stretched before flitting over to Tanaka's shoulder, still half asleep. "Where we going Naka?" "That is a great question, Shar; where are we headed to Old Man Lich? Did you recall where one of your Memory Troves is?" Tanaka figured that deciding where to go would be a good idea... Especially if the Lich himself had no idea.
So far, Tanaka had mostly ignored Shaun other than glancing at him to acknowledge he was there. He had a bit of bias towards Shaun since he was basically a big part of why Tanaka had had such a crappy morning so far. "Did he say where we're going while I was out, Marnie?"

Interactions: DarkRumours DarkRumours Huntertabbysandshark3 Huntertabbysandshark3
Mentions: Quinlan63 Quinlan63

Marnie:
Marnie grinned at Tanaka and started to pull on her coat. "Oh come on fairy boy... of course he didn't say where we're going." She said teasingly and started wrapping her scarf round her neck but slightly higher than usual to further reduce amount of skin on display. With her mittens firmly on she looked slightly ridiculous, like a snow man in fact with just her eyes and nose poking out.
Marnie noticed Tanaka's dismissal of Shaun and pouted a little "also play nice with the other boys." She purred in a chastising way. In fact Marnie appeared to be back to her chipper self as well and booped Tanaka on the nose with a mitten before giving everyone a twirl. "But we should head on out before I literally suffocate in this." It didn't occur to her she could turn her heating down, of course it didn't occur to her to change the heating down because that would seem smart.
She clapped her hands together once at the mention of going in Kels car, "That would be awesome, I say we definitely take your car" she paused for a second, "wait can you even drive in your condition?" As Marnie said this she opened the front door again as if to shimmy the boys on a little faster.
"I should be fine dressed like this right?" Her question was directed at Shaun and she chewed her lip a little.
Interactions: Astrylan Astrylan Huntertabbysandshark3 Huntertabbysandshark3 Quinlan63 Quinlan63

Kelthas
Can still slung under one arm umbrella in the other Kel turned to look at Tanaka in the usual way the lich always managed to, a naturally almost child like joy to everything. ”Oh I’ll admit I haven’t the foggiest idea sir, I believe that falls into miss deathblossom’s department“ Kel explained only to have Marnie reinforce such a statement, only to then question the amazing driving skills of KELTHAS.. the amazing skill of that of a rollerblading dog no less, kel somehow managed a breathless gasp. “Miss deathblossom what would ever make you consider my driving skill to be inadequate driving is much like riding a horse after getting five unfortunate killed in a verity of accidents you never forget how to rid one correctly” Kel stated as he walked out of the apartment his anecdote oddly specific, Percival rolling his cat eyes seeming to know what that was on about in the first place. Walking down the stairs they would come face to face with kel‘s improbable driving skills his vehicle somehow getting in bettewn two cars that where so close you would litterally have to have been driving sideways to get where Kel has managed. “And in regards to your outfit miss deathblossom I believe it should be perfectly fine“

Marnie:

Marnie faked a shock disbelief at Kel's comment about her being in charge of the next location in their wacked out treasure hunt but started to rummage through her napkins, dropping quite a few on the floor as she mentally seemed to toss the idea out, eventually she was holding one in the air triumphantly, "How about Creedmoor Phychiatric Center?" She waved it around, "There's some abandoned buildings kicking around in Queens. Seems to be a good place to start." She nodded and started to hop down the stairs after the Lich before continuing, "W-Well" she stuttered and flushed slightly, "yes of course, you have alot of experience driving," She looked back and Tanaka and rolled her eyes now not looking totally convinced a little worried as she mouthed "Horses?!" to him in bemusement.
Once outside Marnie shivered slightly and nodded at the Lichs approval of her outfit, realising although in may be effective in some departments her movement felt a little inhibited even though it wasn't a particularly warm outfit which caused her to instinctively move towards Tanaka, however she slid her arm round his and hid her face in his arm before murmuring, "His car won't have heating though." She slippped into the back seat of the car and huddled up even tighter. Her teeth chattering slightly she turned to Kel and asked innocently, "You do know where Queens is right?" She had to push away the thoughts that made her believe getting the subway was most likely the better option right now. She turned hastily to Tanaka and asked, "Are you equipped? Rested up? All that sorts.." She stopped then added, "You know just in case?" Marnie looked ridiculously like a soft marshmallow right now even more so as her nose and cheeks turned pink.

Interactions: Astrylan Astrylan Huntertabbysandshark3 Huntertabbysandshark3

Tanaka | Sharounna

When Marnie rolled her eyes while mouthing about horses, he shrugged and shook his head. He has no clue how she forgets constantly just how old the Old Lich actually is. To him, anything the Lich says is due to his memory condition plus the fact the guy seems to have gotten stuck in the early-mid industrial era. Tanaka estimated that's when his memory started to really go.
He got a surprise when Marnie hugged his arm though, causing him to blush a bit... "Uuh, probably not a car that old no." He doesn't notice Shar glare at Marnie for a second before turning her head away and flitting to his other shoulder. "Naka..." "Hmm?" Shar leans in and whispers something to him after they get in the car and Tanaka turns red and shakes his quickly shakes his head. "Ah, Yea I'm all prepped..." Answering a bit nervously, Tanaka turns back to Shar and they whisper back and forth a bit before Tanaka speaks up just loud enough Marnie might catch some of it. "I told you Shar, it's not like that, Alright?" "Hmmm? Fine..." Shar shows a small smile as Tanaka turns back and glances at the Marshmallow Marnie. "Shar? Are you... Aah, I see now." He grins and whispers something to Shar, who immediately goes red herself and pouts while turning her head in denial. After a few more seconds of Tanaka smiling and teasing Shar, she throws her hands up and pushes at Tanaka's cheek. "hahaha, alright alright..." Marnie would soon notice a slight warmth beginning to soak through her clothes now that Shar was extending the her Warming Aura to include her.

Interactions: DarkRumours DarkRumours
Mentions: (only in a thought bubble tho) Huntertabbysandshark3 Huntertabbysandshark3

Kelthas
"Creedmoor Phychiatric Center you say? well that sounds splendid i did believe it was still running last time i went there oh well no matter I still know my way around this city rather well although sometimes there is a new building in the way no matter" Kel replied cheerfully hopping into the ancient vehical along with his new companion Percival curling up in the front seat. "Hold on to your hats my friend's" Kel warned the cars arcane engine coming to life surprisingly enough warming the interior of the vehical sonewhat.

While where Kel parked would have been impossible to get out of the lich managed to get the car to move entirely sideways in a rapid fashion luckingly for those on the inside despite any crazy maneuvers that would occurs on the outside for those inside it was a regular feeling car. The group speeding down the road in what could only be described as a display of terrifying yet also amazing Driving on the part of Kel who could probobly pull of a Action movie like this.

Marnie:
Briefly heard a couple of words between Tanaka and Shar but blatently just ignored it seeming unbothered. As she felt herself warm up a little she smiled a little and slowly unclung herself from Tanaka but remained realtively close. It was clear that despite some form of magical awakening she was still rather dimwitted.
"Ah" she made a small elated sound and nodded at Shar, "Thankyou!" She bristled with pride a little and let herself feel slightly honored.
All of that was quickly erased as Kel procceeded to pull off. "Despite the new buildings being in the way does not mean we drive through them okay?"
Although the ride felt smooth the images flashing by her window awakened her habit of back seat driving.
"Maybe you should?"
"No... no that's that's a red light oh geez."
She clung onto her seat her knuckles going white. "LEFT, not right, LEFT" she groaned and just shook her head. "We're going to die." Once the ordeal was over she fell out of the car and placed her hands on the ground looking semi pale.
"Kel. Has anyone told you that stunt driving in broad daylight through New York City is not. I repeat. Not a pleasant experience for your passengers?"
She looked up at the building in front of her and shivered slightly. It was eerie and definitely abandoned. Nature had taken over and if it wasn't for the fact Kel had recognised the name of the location she probably wouldn't of set foot in there.
"This ring any bells?" She asked him before looking at Tanaka trying to hide the mild fear rising in her. Her body was buzzing slightly, it was only natural to assume a place with this sort of history would have some supernatural presence. She took a couple of steps forward and looked around at the scenery.
"Either way it looks pretty non functional now."

Tanaka | Sharounna

Tanaka found the Old Lich's driving to be kinda interesting, almost fun really. Marnie however clung to him half way through as she continued to go pale at the close calls. If you ask as to why he seemed unworried about crashing, it was because he'd seen this car driving through town quite often. He had recognized it when they left Marnie's house. He decided to tease Marnie a bit though and hadn't mentioned it to her.

Once the ride was over, he watched Marnie get out and cling to the ground like it was a lifeline. He grinned and stepped out of the car himself and moved to stand next to Marnie who gave him glance before standing and looking around. She asked the Old Lich if the area sparked any latent memories, and he was hoping it would. He didn't feel like searching the entire building for the gem.
"Shar? We should probably be ready to fight at a moments notice, I am hoping this place is only lightly haunted, but it's doubtful. Though it would definitely be nice if that was the case. Small time ghosts and demons tend to hide from even normal humans who can't even see them... As weak as they are though it's unsurprising... I've seen a human unknowingly crush one under foot because it couldn't get out of the way..." "Un. I shall transform then." Shar flits off Tanaka's shoulder and proceeds to grow to her full sized human form before forming her sword. He glanced at Marnie who was obviously a bit creeped out by this place... He had mentioned the smaller, weaker demons and ghost purely for her benefit; he was hoping it would calm her down a bit, and maybe give her some hope as to the place possibly being more harmless then it looks... After all, he had mentioned before to her that he wasn't great at sensing things like this. He was hoping that she'd begin to think she had hyped her estimation of how dangerous this place was a bit too much since the only other time she'd done something like this was that graveyard, and those don't give off anything to sense aside from the beings who dwell there. Well, there is a small bit, enough some humans find cemeteries creepy, but not anything substantial or noticeable. This place was different, even the most foolish or most brave humans would be cautious while exploring this place until they got used to the area.
"Old Man Lich, any clue where in the building the gem is? You able to sense it or anything of the sort? It was created by you after all, I'd think you should be able to get a read if you focused." He turned to Marnie and sighed at her slightly shaking legs. "Marnie, stay close to me and Shar, if you notice something tell me before you go wandering off... Even if I ignore you at first. Kick me or something if you have too before you wander off by yourself. Or at least tell Shar, She'll go with you instead. Got it, Shar?" He looks at her until she nods, albeit reluctantly. "Hmph... Fine. I understand." Tanaka smiles and leans in closer so that Marnie can't hear. "Hmmm? Well aren't we a bit more expressional then usual, hmm Shar?" Shar blushes slightly and slashes at Tanaka with her sword half-heartedly before pouting. Tanaka laughs as he dodges the weak attempt at cutting him and grins.
"Haha, enough fooling around I think, shall we go? The sooner we find that gem, the better." He turns to the Old Lich to see if he managed to pick up anything from the gem, though he wouldn't be surprised it the Old Man had managed to take a short nap or something instead...

Interactions: DarkRumours DarkRumours Huntertabbysandshark3 Huntertabbysandshark3

Kelthas
Kel and Percival seemed unfazed by he own driving as much as his cat who hopped and skipped out of the vehicle almost seeming to giggle and roll its eyes at how marina was still surprised by kel's actions. "well umm yes that wasn't my best driving id probably have gotten here faster if id taken few sort cuts" Kel replied thoughtfully tapping his chin with a clinking sound of a bony finger against his skull "but I truly apologies for any discomfort my driving may have caused you miss Deathblossom" Kel turning to Marine and giving a little bow. "but now that you mention it.. yes this does indeed bring back memories I believe we will find what we are looking for in the lower level's" kel said utter some more arcane words under his breath the lich's hollow eyes light up with two little blue flames. "don't threat my friends there shouldn't be anything hindering us least this time.. follow me and Percival I think this time I do know where to do" Kel replied confidently to the both of them seeming to actually know what he was doing for once and he'd pick up the chonky cat leading them inside the somewhat creepy building.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------​

Meanwhile nearby a woman who seemed to be about 20ish and five rather tough looking men began approaching the very same building although form the back. "remember I'm paying you to find anything weird.. I MUST UNCOVER THE SECRETS OF THE ANCIENTS" she pronounced loudly the men rolling there eyes not really caring to much the woman was crazy but she did pay very very well.

Marnie:
Marnie now coming to her senses a bit was only half listening to Tanaka but she seemed to calm down none the less. "Mmmhm, I'll be fine." She looked at Kel whose eyes had changed and grinned,
"Well what are we waiting for! That's a good start!" Marnie, as best she could wandered off after the skeleton and his cat.
As they entered the building Marnie began to wander around and would point things out in excitement to both Kel and Tanaka, "Wow! Look at this thingy... I wonder what it was used for?" She seemed to be transfixed by everything they went past and kept temporarily wandering off and trying to scare Tanaka by jumping out from behind a wall or something. She eventually spotted one of the old hospital beds on wheels, however all that was left was the rusted frame. She ran up to it, pushing for momentum and proceeded to jump on it as it began to hurtle down a corridor, letting it clatter into a wall with her body still on top. Once the frame had made the impact she was juddered off and onto the floor. She brushed herself off and laughed before attempting to do it again. She was wrongly assuming they were alone and Marnie was acting like a bull in a china shop creating a large amount of noise that echoed off the walls as the light streamed in behind the vegetation giving the whole place an eerie atmosphere.
She continued to rush on ahead and looked back every now and again at the guys,
"Come on! There's still more this way I think?"
The idea of actually finding part of Kel's past had renewed her motivation, "Maybe we should split up for clues, like in that cartoon?" She slid the scarf down to reveal a small smile and tilted her head.

Tanaka | Sharounna

Tanaka sighed as Marnie went around making as much noise as possible... Once she suggested splitting up based off a cartoon he decided enough was enough of that. "Marnie. You obviously think this is some kind of field trip. It's not. We don't know what or who lives here, and all that noise you've made so far has without a doubt alerted every ghost or otherwise within this entire building. Can you start taking this seriously? I'd rather not hav-" Just then he noticed a malicious feeling shadow rush at Marnie. He immediately shoved Marnie against the wall and the shadow missed it's target. The shadow turned around, only to be slashed apart by Sharounna's sword. "Get my point now? Stop being so childish. This place is dangerous." Sharounna glanced at Marnie and turned her head back to the front, watching for anything else that might attack. A slight smile was on her lips as if stating to Marnie that she had won this round.

Marnie:
Tanaka had started lecturing her and she shut off again, he was starting to sound more and more like Avalyn which triggered a mild irritation. She felt a sharpening of her own detection senses and went to move out of the way but before she knew it Tanaka slammed her against a wall causing her eyes to widened and her face to flush as Shar sliced through something but she rolled her eyes at him ever so slightly.
"If you don't live when you're alive you're pretty much dead anyway," she retorted. The look Shar gave her only made her even more irrate, who cared what such and uptight guy cared huh? She pushed Tanaka off with a clumsy shove and walked off slightly clearly annoyed with him and a little hurt as she replayed the seconds before he shoved her out of the way. With Clark Kent around though she'd never get to fully test if it had been a fluke or if her supernatural detection had refined itself when her other abilities manifested. She stopped and began to strip off some of her layers reducing her down to her jeans and blouse discarding the rest on the floor and kicking it. She was cold but she had full mobility again. Last to go was the gloves and she turned to stare Tanaka down, almost daring him to say she's being childish again before turning on her heels again and catching up with Kel.

Interactions: Astrylan Astrylan
Mentions: Huntertabbysandshark3 Huntertabbysandshark3

Kelthas
unlike most of the time, Kel was actually focused like a laser beam. if a laser beam was often confused and sometimes decided it was, in fact, a potato. "this way I have a good feeling about this room" Kel would reply joyfully any minor ghost or spirit would run away from the lich because of course. kel swinging open the door to what looked like a large supply room everything on the shelves being left over for when it was abandon did Kel really hide it in one of these boxes? "don't worry my friends it's not in any of the boxes or shelves its.. hmm probably underneath the floorboards right about... THERE" tell pointed to an unnaturally dark corner of the room with a little glowing green, looks like they found it.
_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
the little group of men and the somewhat unhinged woman were attracted to the noises being caused by the group... their footsteps could be heard approaching now grunts of annoyance and mumbled of anger could be heard... it seemed the friends would have company.

Tanaka | Sharounna

After scolding Marnie and watching her to be even more childish, he sighed and shook his head...
After a bit longer Kel seemed to have found what it was they were looking for. Though now he could hear footsteps approaching. He was willing to bet they were regular humans with how loud they were, but he had no clue why they would be here. "Marnie, Old man, we have company... Whether they friendly or not, I can't say. They are humans though, otherwise they wouldn't be making so much noise. Hopefully that also means they at least won't immediately attack us." Tanaka glances at Shar who nods and moves to stand next to him. On the way, she disperses the fire sword. Early on he had made this point to her many times, as even though the mist hides things from humans, they'd still end up seeing the sword of fire as a normal metal sword. He didn't want any kind of reason for the other party to be too wary of them, and if they were a bunch of normal humans, it would be suspicious for Shar to be carrying a sword around. "Marnie, go stand with the Old Lich, see if you two can get that gem out while I stall these newcomers. Try to be semi-quiet while doing so."

Mentions: Huntertabbysandshark3 Huntertabbysandshark3

Marnie:
Her head turned to the sound and she glanced at Tanaka before taking a few steps over the where the Lich had drawn attention to. She slid the knife from last night out from inside her boot and again felt it warm at her touch. She'd had a personal interest in the knife and the knife appeared to recognise her as well. She twirled it slightly albeit in a slightly clumsy manner. She began moving some boxes to get to the corner of the room and kneeled down amoung them before looking up at Kel and motioning for him to keep an eye on Tanaka.
"I'll be fine down here fairyboy just take care of yourself." She set to work with the knife to loosen the floor board. Her heart was pounding slightly as she tried to supress a small amount of fear. Marnie grunted a couple of times while trying to move the flooring.

Kel
Interaction: DarkRumours DarkRumours Astrylan Astrylan
Kel and Marnie both approached the dark corner Kel being none the wiser to the possible danger they were all in happily strolling towards the little glow Percival on the other hand trotted his chonky fluffiness over to shar and Tanaka seemingly there to... help them?

regardless of that marine knife pulled up the floorboard with some effor Kel shaking his head slightly “miss deathblossom while i do greatly appreciate your efforts please keep your personal health in consideration I’d feel immensely guilty if you were to injure yourself“ Kel would say with a worried tone as the floorboard was lifted a small green crystal glowing warmly and invitingly they’d found their prize.
—————————
the first person to come into view was the somewhat crazy woman it was easy to tell this as she seemed to constantly twitch and had the eyes of a person that spent waaay to long on conspiracy websites her overpriced clothing and backpack with unless expensive paranormal equipment showed she had money to spend. As did the four thugs that followed her clearly she had Payed them. Spoting the cat Tanaka and shar, she‘d point at her accusatorially “ALL OF YOU WHAT ARE YOU DOING HERE ARE YOU WITH THEM IS THE CAT YOUR LEADER TELL ME OR OR...umm.....” she yelled petering off awkwardly looking at the ground for a moment before staring down Percival

Users who are viewing this thread

Back