• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Tales of the Supernatural

Characters
Here
Tanaka | Sharounna

Tanaka stared for a second at the woman, a bit in awe at her complete... stupidity? No. She was Straight up Crazy. Definitely Crazy.
"I have no clue what you are talking about. And why would a cat be our leader? And Who is 'them'? You okay lady? You seem a bit flustered." Tanaka was hoping they'd just leave, though he felt it unlikely to happen. He does a one over of the group behind the lady and easily guesses the only reason they were even dealing with her was the extreme amount she was paying them. If a fight started, he might be able to just scare em off or make them feel it wasn't worth it to stay. Tanaka notices the lady staring at Percival and picks up the cat, petting him under the chin and around his ears. Percival starts purring after a few seconds, obviously enjoying Tanaka's petting. He waits for a reply as he does this. He really wanted them to leave, but if push came to shove, Shar and himself could probably take out the 4 men behind her with just their fists. It's not like Tanaka only knew how to use magic, he had trained in multiple forms of close combat too. He just hoped Marnie would stay in the room if a fight did break out.

Mentions DarkRumours DarkRumours
Semi-Interactions: Huntertabbysandshark3 Huntertabbysandshark3

Marnie:

She continued to jimmy the floor board and rolled her eyes at Kel. "I used to hide things under floorboards all the time. I know how to use a knife to jimmy a floorboard without hurting myself." She looked at him briefly,
"Why here anyway?"
Marnie could hear a commotion going on and tried to peer over a box. Temporarily ignoring the gem that had been revealed before diving back behind the boxes. She leaned forward and grabbed the gem and shoved it in her pocket. Before having to stifle a laugh when this women asked wether Percival was their leader.
Marnie's heart was racing as she weighed up her options. She had her knife and was worried about Tanaka but she also knew if she moved and potentially put herself in danger he'd just get angry again. This made her shoulders deflate a little and she started to give of a vibe of uselessness. Almost unsure of what to do she looked up at Kel for guidance.
"Now what? We sit and wait for Tanaka to deal with it on his own?"

Interactions: Huntertabbysandshark3 Huntertabbysandshark3
Mentions: Astrylan Astrylan

Kel
Interaction DarkRumours DarkRumours Astrylan Astrylan
“oh please accept my apologies miss deathblossom I simply wished you not to get injured“ Kel replied with a apologetic bow then tapping his skeletal chin thoughtfully with a equally skeletal hand resulting it a tap tap tap noise As he tried to remember why he put it here there was something about a doctor and a brain surgery mulling about in his vacant skull but no memories made anything more solid the vague whispery images. “at The moment miss deathblossom iv not the fo-“ the lichs words where interrupted by the aforementioned commotion, taking a look the crazy woman at the front of the group struck forth a name.. “miss olive it seems..” Kel would say in a offhanded and dismissive tone. “Perhaps it is best we stay here for now I’m sure She will go away... hopefully”
——————
The now finally named crazy lady, miss olive looked between Percival then tanaka then Percival again rapidly almost trying to process the man picking up the cat and it happily purring. The men behind huffing with annoyance As they just looked rather tired one of them spoke up first though with a cough to catch her attention “oi olive don’t ya think these two are just Kids looking for some ghosts or somefing like that?” He suggested in a gruff but tired tone. Of course this called Olive to snap her head towards him with crazy look in her eyes “DID I PAY YOU TO JUST STAND THERE AND DO NOTHING. NO I DIDN‘T sooo look around the ill deal with these two they are clearly under the control of that cat” she spoke matter of factly choosing to simply ignore tanaka’s words the men would just go there seperate ways none of them going into the room where Kel and Marnie where luckly. Olive on the other hand got uncomfortable close to tanaka’s grabbing Percival out of the boys hand the cat seeming unconcerned by this as form out of the chonky floof of his body a small weight feel upon olives foot causing her to drop the cat whom Trotted back to tanaka’s side smugly. Olive let out a little eep snapping her attention towards tanaka “YOU SEE NOW THE CAT IS CONTROLLING YOUR MIND YOUR BRAINWASHED“ she spoke loudly shaking the poor man a little before pulling a water bottle out of her pocket that smelled of garlic juice.. was she gonna throw it at the cat? Did she think Percival was a vampire?

Tanaka | Sharounna

Tanaka was surprised when the lady moved closer and couldn't react in time to stop her from grabbing Percival. After she screamed about the cat brainwashing him, he was speechless. "Eh? Brainwashed? Lady what drugs are you on to believe a cat can brainwash people?" Normally, Tanaka wouldn't say something so insulting, but he really wanted her to either leave, or send those guys at them so he could force them to leave. He could tell those guys had no training and purely used their numbers and strength to win in fights. He could easily take them down, and with Shar's help it'd be a cake walk.

DarkRumours DarkRumours Huntertabbysandshark3 Huntertabbysandshark3

Marnie:
Marnie looked at Kel with widened eyes.
"You know her? Please tell me there's a good reason she seems obsessed with your cat?" Marnie peered round the door in time to see the weight fall out of percivals fluff and quickly popped her head back in holding back a small fit of hysterical laughter. Between small contained gasps she shook her head, "your cat is armed?!"
As she composed herself again she quickly peered round again and counted the men she could see.
"Kel... you sure he can take them all?" For a second she felt a touch of doubt in regards to Tanakas ability but quickly quashed it. She knew if she tried to get involved he'd just get mad at her in the same way Ava would. She sighed a little and sat on the floor looking a touch sulky.

Mentions: Astrylan Astrylan

Kel
interaction: DarkRumours DarkRumours Astrylan Astrylan
“Unfortunately I do not recall exactly why she is so enamored by Percival miss Deathblossom” he replied with a hushed tone. Similar to marine Kel managed to withhold a chuckle At Percival’s unorthodox form of self-defense “oh yes Percival is rather capable of defending himself“ Kel responded in the truthful tone he‘d often use when speaking though nodding heartily at Marine when she asked if Tanaka could deal with miss olive and her thugs “I have no doubt he would be capable of dealing with the situation do no threat“
———-
Olive stared at Tanaka's eyes twitching as he spoke. “D-d-drugs? Clearly your on drugs I’m thinking perfectly straight you fool Didn’t you see that cat attack me!” olive yelled out annoyed throwing the small bottle at Shar and yes... it was garlic juice.. gross. “ ILL BE BACK NEXT TIME WITH PROOF YOU EVIL CAT“ she screamed before turning around and walking off in a huff along with her lackeys it seemed the crew had managed to get rid of the crazy lady for now.

Tanaka | Sharounna

Tanaka tried to catch the bottle, but he was slightly caught off guard and still had the cat in his arms, so he missed it by a small margin. Luckily, Shar wasn't caught so off guard. Actually, she would never admit it, but she had had her eyes on the bottle the entire time. She hated garlic. She easily dodged it only for it to land smack dab on Marnie's head as she peeked around the corner to check if everything was going ok. Shar smiled, but made sure to hide it from Marnie and kept her seemingly expressionless attitude she uses when in her combat form. Tanaka however, only manage to make a grimace as he tried not to smile while also thinking "oh fuck" He put down Percival and pulled out a cloth from who knows where before attempting to clean of her face. Marnie might try to stop him, but whether she manages to was another thing altogether. "Yikes, sorry Marnie, that's gotta stink... You'll definitely need a shower after I drop you off at home. There isn't any glass anywhere is there?" He checks her hair for glass while completely ignoring any protests coming from Marnie.
Unbeknownst to Tanaka, Shar had a small frown on her face during all this.

"Hey, Old man Lich, we should leave if you found what you needed. That weird lady could be back anytime if we stick around too long. I have a feeling she is quite persistent; And that you've encountered her a few times before."

Mentions: DarkRumours DarkRumours Huntertabbysandshark3 Huntertabbysandshark3

Marnie:

She didn't even have time to react before all she could smell was garlic. Not the nice type either from freshly cooked Italian meals. She saw Tanaka grimace but didn't feel the impact of the bottle. She raised a hand to her head and flushed as soon as Tanaka started to fuss over her. Her hands swiped a little at him,
"I'm fine... I'm fine we got the glowing gem thing" she felt her embarrassment slowly seeping out of her skin and tried to squash it as she hastily pulled a few bits of glass out of her hair but she didn't seem too damaged. "Look, no blood. She wrinkled her nose in disgust slightly as she caught another whiff and shoved her hands into her pocket and retrieved the rock. She pulled it out as Tanaka was still wiping her face down and as she did she felt a surge of emotion and thought with it that caused her body to go ridged. It wasn't hers. It was his.
She flushed even more and bit her lip before jumping back away from Tanaka and clumsily lobbed the gem at Kel with no warning.
"You can keep that" she nervously laughed and she steadied herself on the wall and nervously glanced at Shar before looking at her feet. She puffed a little breath of air out at a strand of hair. She looked a little bug eyed and wired from the shock. Before laughing it off,
"Anyway," cheeks still red she looked at the guys, "mission complete. But I think we'll probably see this Miss Olive again so maybe we should prepare better next time? I don't want to make a habit of smelling like garlic." Marnie had become clearly more awkward then usual if that was even possible.
Interactions: Astrylan Astrylan Huntertabbysandshark3 Huntertabbysandshark3

kel
interaction: Astrylan Astrylan DarkRumours DarkRumours
Needless to say the antics that had gone on between olive and Tanaka left Kel chuckling just a little even as the garlic bottle hit marine. “well on the bright side at least we know you are most certainly not a vampire“ Kel said trying to make light of the situation at hand. Percival however jump into their air grabbing the tossed Gem in his mouth for such a chonky cat it was a strange display of agility only for said gem disappearing into Percival's floofy form the cat curling up around kel‘s foot As the lich gave a grin so large it almost looked as if his skull was actually smiling instead of just radiating his cheerfulness. “Yes yes a congratulations is in order miss deathblossom and...” kel paused looking at shar and tanaka having drawn a blank at his name “Umm anyway yes we really should be going now though I think perhaps there may be more... of them... like miss olive though I can’t recall” Kel said in a slightly dazed sense shaking his head a little Kel more jovial nature quickly returned. “Let it make our exit post-haste then I’m most certain we can all use a break after this debacle yes? after all this is a forest step on a grand adventure“ Kel announced with a triumphant tone walking out and then getting lost for a while having forgotten how they got in here and then ending up back with everyone else “errr iv might have gotten lost..”

Tanaka | Sharounna

When Marnie jumped back, Tanaka was taken aback and got a tad more concerned. "uuh, you okay Marnie? You seem.. off. Well, more than usual, anyway. Did something happen when you touched the Gem?" He moved towards her while reaching out a hand, having no clue this would probably incite her further. He was worried the gem might have negatively affected her somehow.

Mentions: DarkRumours DarkRumours
Nearby peoples, persons, and otherwise: Huntertabbysandshark3 Huntertabbysandshark3

Marnie:
Watching as Tanaka reached out his hand she looked around a little before tugging down his coat sleeve a little over his hand and patting it.
"I smell gross is all. Not even in the slightest looking pretty" she pulled away and ruffled her hair a little before shrugging.
"What would a stupid gem do anyway right it's not like it would allow me to read your thoughts or feelings." She laughed and shook her head, "because that's just crazy." She looked at Kel and groaned, "there's more crazy people who worship cats? I.." she groaned a little, "I say we definitely just relax for a bit an pick up this crazy hunt tomorrow morning."
She watched Kel walk off and resisted the urge to roll her eyes when a few minutes later he circled back to them claiming he was lost, "surely Perivale would of guided you out if he had to" She laughed and pointed in the other direction. And touch paler then usual but relatively sure footed she walked off. She felt like she needed another coffee to pick her back up.
"This way it is then"

Tanaka | Sharounna

When Tanaka heard Marnie comment how the gem certainly wouldn't let her read his thoughts and emotions, right after commenting how she wasn't pretty, he reddened a bit but made sure not to show it... "Hmmm, I'll need to tell Ava bout this. If that gem permanently affected her ability, then we might want to cancel all this gem finding, at least for Marnie." He cleared his throat quietly and turned towards the Old Lich. "Alright Old man Lich, mind dropping me and Marnie off at her place before you head home?" He gestures towards Marnie and follows after her. Shar had decided it was safe enough and had already reverted to her Fairyesque form. Flitting over to Tanaka, she landed on his shoulder and laid down, completely ready for a nap. "We should follow after her before she get's lost, because headed in the complete wrong direction just now..." He smiles and chuckles to himself as he heads off to catch Marnie and prevent her from ending up hopelessly lost.

Mentions: DarkRumours DarkRumours

kel
interaction: DarkRumours DarkRumours Astrylan Astrylan
Kel having managed to get lost and circle back overheard marnie lament the issue of more crazy cat worshippers though the lich had a sneaking suspicion that miss olive was just the weird eccentric unstable one, unlike himself of course while admittedly not a paragon of mental stability he was most certainly more lucid then that woman. “As far as memory serves miss olive is most eccentric of the group and I doubt they worship felines.. though Percival most definitely deserves such” kel replied as Percival nodded his fluffy head in agreement “oh yes id be happy to thank you both again so much,” and with that the group would follow Marine out of the building only getting a little lost.

the drive to marnie‘s apartment was thankfully a lot smoother and with a lot lest physics defying stunt moves, Kel of course getting distracted by again discovering for the second time today the wonders that was a little doughnut shop, of course insisting on making a stop to get a few extra ones and everyone a well deserved coffee before dropping the pair off at marnie‘s apartment. Kel and Percival heading home themselves..
————-
sitting on the large worn leather chair Kel looked over the gem they had retrieved earlier that day his memories of the event had become somewhat blurred over the past few hours leaving him with a heavy heart for a while still he has gotten distracted by the gem again, tapping it in multiple places it lit up in a array of colour the more serious and deadpan face of Kel younger but no less ancient self appeared floating in the air. “seems the failsafe has been Enacted then... a message to my future self know this, that power you have forgotten is old and disastrous in the wrong hands, but in our own hands... that is up to you to decide for I am simply your past”

Marnie:
Grateful the journey back wasn't as bad as the first she made sure to keep as much distance from Tanaka as possible. Every now and again she would take a strand of hair and give it a small sniff before retching slightly and dropping it in disgust.
They stopped by a donut shop but Marnie didn't touch hers or her coffee and just held onto them. Remaining rather quiet until they reached the bottom of her apartment complex.
"Same time tomorrow morning? Although I need to open the store first so maybe we could meet in the coffee shop?"
She waved at Kel as he drove off and then turned to Tanaka and Shar.
"Feel free to warm up and stuff. I don't know if Ava is here though."
As she walked upstairs she flicked on the lights in the apartment and groaned as the part of the wall that Avalon had blasted earlier was in a state of "unfinished" with the fresh plaster exposed.
She walked right past it and flung open the curtains on the back wall to reveal a balcony and sliding doors which she opened to prevent the smell of garlic filling the apartment.
"Do you mind if I hop in the shower?" It appeared Avalyn wasn't here and hadn't returned since the morning because on the sofa fast asleep was the Turkey.

Tanaka | Sharounna

Waving to the old lich himself, Tanaka followed Marnie to her apartment, intending to leave afterwards, but she invited them in so he felt as if he had to at least stay for a few minutes. He decided to wait on the balcony while she took a shower. While he was waiting, he got a call from someone he actually hadn't talked to in a few days. "Hey Tanaka, did you forget about me? You haven't called in forever." It was Micaiah. "Forever? Really? It's been 3 days... I've been busy, sorry. How bout we hang out early tomorrow? I should be free, if my mom doesn't have other plans for me..." He hears a giggle from the other end. "Hehe, your mom loves sending new work without telling ya doesn't she? Okay, I'll forgive you for forgetting about me if we go to my favorite coffee shop." "Your favorite? Doesn't that change weekly?" "Shush you. I won't forgive you if you're mean to me." She uses a mock pouty voice when she says this, causing Tanaka to smile. Just as he does so, the Moonlight hits the balcony, turning his now Green hair, into what looks like a forest full of sparkling fairies. Anyone watching, would pause in wonder at the sight. Particularly the person staring at him from just inside the apartment.

Mention: DarkRumours DarkRumours Huntertabbysandshark3 Huntertabbysandshark3

Marnie:
As Marnie hopped out the shower and casually chucked on a pair of shorts an oversized shirt she stepped out of her room rubbing her hair dry with a towel and stopped for a moment. Tanaka was stood on the balcony. Was his hair green before? No... No it wasn't. She chucked her towel gently on the edge of the coffee table and chuckled slightly as she walked out to join him,
"Marnie I promise, if you just pull through, no more sparkling green haired boys that whisk you away on adventures... I just need you to pull through"
Marnie flinched a little at the intrusive memory she could barely remember and leaned up against the railing as well.
"Bet you think your some kind of model huh? Lounging around casually on a balcony like that... no wonder Avalyn fell for you." Her tone was mocking and she looked out at the city with a semi coy yet semi smug smile and stretched a little before consciously sniffing her slightly damp hair. "She had a thing for pretty boys." Her tone trailed off and she felt a bit guilty, she knew exactly why Avalyn could barely look at him now, but she doubt he did. She held more pieces of the puzzle then was really fair.
"Who was that on the phone? Anyone important? Oh god Kel hasn't worked out how to use a mobile has he?!" Marnie shook her head. Teaching Kel mobile communication just seemed like a recipe for disaster.

Interactions: Astrylan Astrylan
Mentions: Huntertabbysandshark3 Huntertabbysandshark3

Users who are viewing this thread

Back