• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Tales of the Supernatural

Characters
Here
1593761102215.png

Kelthas
interaction: DarkRumours DarkRumours
Kel would happily take the somewhat dirty napkin and pen, writing out his full name rather slowly in fancy sort of writing you would see in old books. pausing for a moment he'd utter some strange words under his breath as the napkin would suddenly become perfectly pristine, he'd give a smile handing back the new cleanly signed napkin. "hmmm yes.. weird duck I can't exactly recall what that was meant to mean" Kel would say with a slight chuckle trying to keep the light tone of the situation. however, what Marine said next made the old lich pause and consider things he'd been doing a frown appearing on Kel's face. "well i... i..." once again Kel would stop looking down at the ground seeming almost dejected as he tried to remember... what was he doing here? he and a reason. deep down he slowly began to remember exactly why... old knowledge bringing forth just slowly. "i... remember, age as... gotten to me... I'm... forgetful.... what exactly I do... I well... I knew this was going to happen, and I think... I hid... them somewhere... my magic... and memories.. yes... umm" he'd fumble through his word awkwardly with a sad dejected tone in his voice, shaking his head for a moment the smile on Kel's skeletal face could quickly return. "oh well perhaps we should move on from that morbid though miss death blossom, you said your a witch correct? though it does seem you lack much knowledge of the arcane, while my memory is not what it used to be i would be happy to try and assist you in any arcane endeavours you may have at hand" he'd offer though Kel wasn't too sure why something deep down told him he could extend the offer to the girl... but it felt... right?

Marnie:
Marnie was in absolute awe at the now clean napkin and couldn't help but stare at it turning it over and over to try and find the dirt that had previously been on it. The skeleton seemed to have a few screws loose and a poor memory which Marnie either didn't notice or didn't overly care about. She looked at him when he said about helping her and let out a small sigh but her face was trying to hide the hope and admiration that had arisen with this gesture. "That'd be pretty sweet. Almost like a mentor."
Look at me getting myself a mentor like that.
But she bit her lip and thought a little harder. His memory apparently wasn't as good as it used to be but something was pulling at the loose threads in her brain. A being like the Lich doesn't tend to suffer from memory loss unless... unless... she lost her chain of thought and frowned slightly. "I want to be able to help you." There was a sort of blunt adament stance about her now and she quickly pulled out another napkin and put it on the wall scribbling down a mobile number and her appartment address before finishing off by writing Marnie Deathblossom, your friendly witch. She handed it to the Lich who she now knew from the autograph was named Kelthas. "I need to go and research something but here's my details. Alternatively if you stalk around here I will most likely turn up." She gestured the coffee shop, "I pretty much run the place at the moment as the owner flew off somewhere on a long hiatus so stop by whenever you want." She placed the autographed napkin in her apron pocket and too excited to pause her plan now "Don't worry about me. I know exactly what I am doing!" She called back as she ran inside the coffee shop and pulled her coat on yelling to one of the girls behind the counter.
"I have a family emergency I'll see you tomorrow okay?" Dashing off before anyone could say anything.

Walking to her apartment with a spring in her step, she dialled a friend of hers number and marvelled at her own ingenuity.
"Marissa, how you doing?" Her voice was as sweet as honey and immediately made Marnie feel at ease she'd been friends with Avalyn since she was a child and couldn't help but begin to explain her plan of how she was going to go into the graveyard this evening and look for clues as to who the Lich was and how to best help him. If she helped him he could help her get her powers right?
"This sounds like a bad idea, for starters why do you think there will be answers in a graveyard and why are you going at night?" Avalyn sounded worried but was attentive all the same. She was aware of Marnie's condition of needing to please everyone but was also aware that her friend didn't always think things through.
"Well he's undead. So if I'm going to find any answers it's going to be in a graveyard and night time is a great time to clue hunt." She nodded to herself as she placed her key in the door and let herself in. Home sweet home. It was small but tidy, except the small pile of coffee cups from late night gamimg sessions and a scrying orb being used as a paper weight to hide her mounting bills. She heard sigh on the phone and felt herself getting a little irate. Why did no one believe she could do things for herself, by herself. "You know what I thought you'd be happy for me. Clearly you don't want me to reach my potential maybe you're scared I'll be better than you." Before Avalyn could say anything else she hung up and began to prepare things for this evening grabbing a piece of garlic and a wooden stake before settling on also adding the rather blunt kitchen knife into a duffel bag and zipped it up. Waiting for the sun to go down whilst she tried not to think about the things she'd said to Avalyn in spite.

Now what Marnie didn't know was that Avalyn wasn't worried Marnie would surpass her. It was more likely she would get herself killed by whatever other beings hung around graveyards at night. In fact Avalyn cared for Marnie despite her outbursts of irrationality and spite, she couldn't even imagine how she'd feel herself to be an outsider to the coven despite having a birthright to exsist there. Rolling her eyes a little she turned to her scrying orb and lit a few candles in order to reach out to the one being she owed her life to in the hopes that he'd remember her and be willing to help her one more time.

Huntertabbysandshark3 Huntertabbysandshark3 and Astrylan Astrylan

Tanaka | Sharounna

Tanaka was in the middle of redrawing one of the manga his mother had had sent over, when a small ball of cyan light appeared in front of him. At first he was alarmed, but then he heard a vaguely familiar voice calling out his name.

"Tanaka? It's Avalyn, the witch you saved from a few months ago? Remember me?" "Ah, yes, I remember. You seem worried, did something happen?" The light bobbed up and down, almost as if it was nodding. "Yes, well, no, well not yet... Anyway, I have a friend who is, well let's just say hard headed once she gets an idea into her head. Usually not a problem, however this time, I don't think she's thought this through as much as even she normally does, as little as that is... Anyway, can you meet up with me? It will be easier to explain in person." "Yea, sure." "Thanks Tanaka, meet me at..."

Awhile later, Tanaka was sighing to himself as he headed to a nearby Cemetery. Hopefully, he wasn't too late and the girl was still alive. Once inside he stopped and closed his eyes, searching for any living beings aside from himself, and Shar. Finding one, he was about to head over, when he noticed a lot of nonliving beings closing in on her. "Shoot, Shar, get ready to fight." "Got it." Shar immediately transformed into her combat ready form, and formed her sword before following after Tanaka.

As Tanaka got closer, he could sense the undead getting impatient.
"Shar, the dead are losing their patience, they could attack the girl at anytime. We need to hurry." "Mm." After nodding, Shar's sword disappears, only to have wings of fire spring from her back. Picking up Tanaka, she rushes to where Tanaka guides her. Just as a ghost comes up behind a somehow familiar figure, Tanaka blasts it with some low level Light magic, before having Shar drop him next to the Coffee Shop Barista... Wait what?!

"Hold up, YOU'RE The hardheaded girl Avalyn sent me to save before they got eaten by undead?" Tanaka, while surprised, didn't let up on blasting nearby ghosts and the like, with blasts of Light Magic. Just as a ghost seemed about to get him from behind, a flash of Red sliced clean through it. "Naka, watch your back better." "Eh? But if I took them all out, it'd be boring for you, right Shar?" "Mmm... I won't deny it..." Tanaka smiles, while continuing to hurl blasts of Light magic. After a lull in the fighting, Tanaka glances around, before clapping, and then shoving his hands outwards to his sides. After a half second or so, a dome of Light expands around the 3 people, preventing any weaker undead from passing through. "Okay, that should give us awhile..." He turns towards the Barista that took his order earlier that morning. "Care to explain why you are taking a stroll through a Cemetery in the middle of the night, by yourself, when you obviously aren't able to defend yourself? Avalyn was afraid you'd end up eaten. She was worried sick from what I could tell."

Interactions: DarkRumours DarkRumours

Shaun bad been taking on demons and the idiots that summon them for a while and this was the first he was pretty sure he was either dealing with the least threatening demon ever or this was something new. For one she was completely failing at trying to disguise herself from him (seriously she didn't even try to hide her tail). He didn't really want to drop his guard but it just didn't seem possible she was a threat. If so she was doing a poor job at it since she could of been killed already. He was going to offer her his hand so she could get up but he heard someone call for him that he didn't recognize.

"Mr. Morgan!!! Just because you are on the board doesn't mean you can be late to show up late." He turned to see whom he assumed was his new boss. "I have half a mind to have you removed from your position....." Before he could finish that thought Shaun waved his hand forcing the man to freeze. He wasn't dead but in a state in which he would be susceptible to mind control and suggestion.

"From this day on you believe that I always have my work done and will not require that I attend company meetings. Also if you ever need me you will instead contact one of the other board members and they will handle the problem." With that said he lowered his hand and the man turned around then walked away forgetting that he ever came looking for him. With that over Shaun turned back to the demon looking women reaching out his hand.

"Alright you have some explaining to do but I can at least replace your coffee."

queanbean queanbean

Marnie:

Once the sun had set Marnie got changed into a pair of black jeans and a leather jacket, deciding to pair it with a snazzy pair of black boots before checking herself out in the mirror and pulling her hair into a messy ponytail.
Buffy would be proud of this cute graveyard get up.
She did a little twirl and grabbed her duffel bag before exiting her apartment and strolling off to the nearest cemetery. She bumped into very few people on her way there and once she got to her destination she began to walk around looking at the tombstones one by one. Now she was here she had no idea what she was looking for but still refused to give in and admit that maybe Avalyn had been right about her lack of preparation.

She felt the buzzing before she saw the undead. Her eyes hadn't attuned to the darkness like a witches normally would and she shuddered a little bit in the moonlight placing the bag down and grabbing the kitchen knife out, pulling it in close as she turned to look at one of the beings coming towards her.
"Oh hello, I'm Marissa Deathblossom, would you be generous enough to tell me about one Kelthas?" The undead creature was unresponsive, it just kept coming closer. She gave a warning swipe of the knife. This had no effect on the undead being who just gave her an aggressive swipe which she managed to jump back from just in time before noticing not one but several more beings approaching her.
"Oh, you brought a buddy with you. That's... Nice?" She dropped the knife on the floor and placed her hands in front of her muttering an incantation to command the winds to push them back, she felt a tingling in her hands but then, nothing.

Her heart started to pound and the buzzing feeling in her body intensified alerting her she was most definitely in danger as they started to circle her. "Seriously, no one has the information I'm after? I'll just..." before she could finish she heard a blast and jumped turning around to see the guy from the coffee shop earlier this morning with red hair.

Once the fighting had died down a little she turned to the man who'd placed a dome around them and grunted. "Who are you calling hardheaded? I was doing just fine thankyou very much."
She tried to hide the knife under her foot. "I was just asking my friend who you blasted away with your rubbish magic where I might find information regarding a certain Lich who seems to have very little memory of what Lichs tend to do." she wrung her hands and looked at the girl. "You both know Ava? She sent you?" She scoffed and then softened a little, "Figures." She tucked a loose strand behind her ear and looked at them both through a cascade of lashes displaying the bright lilac eyes she'd inherited through her witchblood, not dissimilar to Avalyn's and shrugged. "Honestly though I thought I'd find the answers I needed. I have garlic and a stake as well in that bag over there in case of vampires!" she pointed to her duffel bag and shrugged. "Anyway who are you two? And why would Ava contact you?"

Astrylan Astrylan

Last edited:
Tanaka | Sharounna

Tanaka sighs, shakes his head and ignores the badly hidden knife. "You. I'm calling you hardheaded." He doesn't bother commenting on her next few comments until she talked about the stake and Garlic. "If you seriously think you can take on a vampire with just some garlic and a wooden stake, you are incredibly dumb. Or incredibly uninformed." Tanaka glances at the undead still trying to break down his barrier, and decides they can finish talking elsewhere. "We should get out of here before finishing this conversation. As for how I know Avalyn? Let's just say I met her during a very similar situation to this one. Shar, grab her, we need to leave." "Mm. Got it." Sharounna grabs Marnie under her arms, and than lifts her up. Once Tanaka lowered the barrier, she followed behind him closely, while he made a path through the undead.

After a bit of fighting, Tanaka manages to get the three to the entrance of the Cemetery. Shar lets Marnie down before reverting her to small, Fairy-like form and sitting on Tanaka's shoulder. "Alright, now that we have some breathing room... I can explain things a bit better." Tanaka then proceeds to explain to Marnie exactly what happened back when Tanaka saved Avalyn from a being he had been hunting himself for a few years now. Selik, a serpent like being that Tanaka still couldn't figure out the origin of. He had always thought the thing was a ghost, but recently, he's begun thinking otherwise.

Once he finished, he glanced at his watch to check the time, before sighing and realizing he couldn't let Marnie head home by herself. "Come on, I'll walk you home. Avalyn would kill me if I saved you, only to let you get kidnapped on your way home this late at night." Tanaka would follow her back, whether she wanted him to or not. He wasn't joking about his earlier comment about Avalyn killing him... "Shar, its a tad chilly, mind heating it up a bit?" "Nn. No. I don't like the cold either..."

Last edited:
Marnie:
Marnie was being picked up and she kicked her legs a little before sulkily resigning to her fate. Once she'd been put down she listened to the mans story, her eyes never leaving the fairy like creature on his shoulder because although as much as Tanaka's story was interesting to her she was transfixed by the absolute beauty of his companion. A couple of times she caught herself wanting to reach out and touch her to see if she really existed.
Once he finished her hostility melted away. "Oh so you're the wonderful Tanaka?" Her tone was mildly teasing and she pulled her mouth into a wry smile then laughed, "I thought you'd be taller." She cocked her head and waved at Shar a little, " and if I'm not mistaken, you're Shar?" She shoved her hands deep into her pocket, it was clear that their friend Avalyn had spoken fondly of them and due to that Marnie's opinion of them was already set in stone. Although she may not admit it she would respect Tanaka a tad begrudgingly. It was the code after all. You save a witches life and they will be indebted to you. No matter how condescending you may find them.

"You can walk me home if you like I guess" she shrugged trying to seem nonchalant as she started down the street but then she stopped and her shoulders slumped a little defeated when she realised going alone at this time of night may not be the smartest thing, "it'd be nice to have the company. Thank you." the thank you was obviously loaded with unspoken gratitude for the whole evening. As she was walking she started to talk a little and as she spoke something strange came over Marnie, she didn't notice but an aura faintly started to cling to her and pulsated slightly in various pastel tones rapidly like it was trying to communicate with her. Still completely oblivious almost in a trance like state she eloquently managed to convey a strange warning? No a strange message? Strange ramblings with no real understanding of what she was saying.
"I'm finding things to be getting stranger and stranger around here. You can pass it off as coincidence but everything happens for a reason and most people are working towards something..." her eyes had glassed over a little "Do you believe in fate? Even if you don't I'm sure it's there. People and all beings are connected. Each encounter, each interaction happen for a reason and to fufil your potential you need to first find the right path and goal." She turned the key in her apartment and turned to Shar and Tanaka not notcing the faint glow coming off the scrying orb. But as quickly as the aura had circled her it left and the orb also reverted back to it's role as a paperweight. She rubbed her eyes a little the glazedness fading and shrugged the look in her eyes replaced by her normal scatterbrained look that was normally down too much caffeine. "Don't mind me that's complete nonsense, no one else listens anyway. But I can't help but keep thinking about the Lich." She turned into the apartment and for a second faltered before dashing into the kitchen, "Let me give you a proper thankyou. You mentioned you were cold and I can whip up a Mint Mocha in no time." She was all of a sudden scurrying around grabbing a clean paper cup she'd obviously stolen from work and heating up her coffee machine, "I know it's not made the same, and due to the time it'll be decaf but you won't be able to tell the difference honestly."

Now an explanation may be required. Marnie, completely unaware had already awakened her powers but had not fulfilled her destiny.
Imagine it like this. Her mind was desperately trying to connect to the arcane and although the tendrils of magic exist they keep getting stuck at the door. The tendrils reach out and ring the doorbell repeatedly but no one is at home and therefore they ultimately can't gain entrance, every now and again the strands of light and darkness get a bit impatient and try to slither under the door. which Ultimately works but because they weren't invited in the host treats them like an intruder. Now if your house was repeatedly broken in to you'd start to get a little paranoid. Marnie's brain has started feeling, paranoid. Which ultimately starts to lead to a deterioration on your mental state. Nothing major, you'd buy stronger locks and normally feel safer. Unfortunately, your brain doesn't know the difference between locks... that would be ridiculous. Either way the connection earlier was a message conveyed by the arcane for Marnie to open her eyes a little and get on track, being a barista was not what she was ultimately meant to be pursuing. Oh she's finished making coffee now... I guess that signals a return to the apartment.

After dropping several things on the floor she produced a cup of coffee and then a couple of donuts. "Here's your order! I made it to go but you are obviously welcome anyway," The donuts looked a little worse for wear and it was obvious they were day old stock but they were probably still edible.
"Hey, Tanaka? Do you know anything about Liches? I'm trying to help a friend."

Astrylan Astrylan

Tanaka |Sharounna

Tanaka listened to Marnie ramble, as they walked. Right as they got to her door, she seemed a little... off? Something definitely was different. But he wasn't even an expert in his own field yet, let alone Witches... So while he knew something was going on in that last bit, he didn't ask about it. Maybe Avalyn could explain it if he asked her about it later. For now, he just nodded when she said not to mind it before she scurried around to make a cup of coffee for him as thanks. He just kinda watched as she ran around like a mouse who smelled cheese but couldn't find it. After watching her for a bit, he glanced around her apartment, or what he could see of it from the doorway. "Ah, Decaff is fine. I don't plan on staying up much later anyway." He accepted the Mocha and the Donuts with a smile. After being told he was welcome to come in, he figured he had no reason not to, and stepped inside before closing the door. Finding a seat at a table, he set a donut down for Shar, and answered Marnie's question.

"Hmm, Liches? Not much more than you probably, sorry. While I do specialize in dealing with undead, that is purely due to the magic I can use. So, I can't help much with that, sorry. I don't mind helping out when you do find something though. Should help me get stronger, too." He takes a sip of Mocha before pondering for a second. "I bet that doing this will help you figure some things out too; about your own powers, and maybe get stronger yourself." He looks at Sharounna as she nibbles on pieces of donut and takes a bite of his own. He looks over at Marnie, waiting for her reply.

HcPrGSR.png

Elika flinched, hearing the commanding voice of the higher up that was the source of even her nightmares. He was a demanding, stiff, grumpy, annoying…. The demoness rattled off negative descriptors in her head, but her thoughts were interrupted by the strange man's next actions. As if controlled by puppet strings, her boss turned and walked right away, leaving a sensation of emptiness behind. Huh.

Elika tipped her head to the side, tousled locks tickling her cheeks. He seemed to have an awfully interesting set of powers. She also realized it was accompanied by a seemingly stronger-than-average dislike for creatures of the demonic kind. All of this in account, the girl understandably hesitated before taking the outstretched hand.

"Ah- but I'm already late and…" She looked around frantically as she rose to her feet. "Unless, uh… you can do that sort of magical thingy for me?" It was mostly a joke, but she was horribly curious, and thought she could possibly use that curiousness to get on his good side. One way or another they ended up at the company's small cafeteria. A new steaming cup of coffee was tucked in the girl's un-gloved hands. She smelled it with a sigh - It wasn't anything like how Maggy Marley Marnie made her coffee, but caffeine was caffeine. She took a deep sip of the piping hot beverage and let out another sigh with a little puff of steam.

Interactions: Quinlan63 Quinlan63

Marnie:
Despite the apartment being relatively tidy she slid her hand over the table to dipose of the empty coffee cups into a small bin and straightened up a pile of occulut looking books leaving the one open on liches where it was on the table before sitting down as well.
She nodded along to Tanaka but couldn't hide a disappointed look when Tanaka said he didn't know much about Liches.
She smiled when he said he'd be interested in helping and nodded,
"Maybe as a Thank you he might have some information about your upcoming boss battle with that baddie! Or not... he doesn't seem to know much if I'm being honest."
She shrugged off the becoming stronger herself and mumbled, "did Ava not tell you I'm a dead battery? I only get a sense of supernatural presences and it's more neasua inducing then anything else," she looked mildly ashamed and blushed her brain scrabbling for another topic desperatly,
"Oh yeah! That reminds me." She took her hair down and raked her fingers through a little bit to loosen the strands. "I don't really know how to ask so sorry to be blunt but what are you two?"
Astrylan Astrylan

Tanaka | Sharounna

She isn't able to use any magic? Tanaka's surprised when Marnie mentions this... though it would explain why she was trying to fight off the undead with nothing but a kitchen knife.
"Well... Maybe you're just missing something? The trigger perhaps? I wasn't always able to use magic myself. The first time I used it was on instinct, I saw Shar here getting attacked by a ghost and ended up using it without thinking. Luckily the ghost decided not to attack back, or I was a goner. I think I just got lucky and the ghost either was weakened to begin with, or just didn't feel like dealing with a possible second person." He took a sip of his Mocha before answering her question about what he and Shar were. "Well, I'm Half-Fairy, and Shar here isn't one, contrary to her appearance. She is my familiar. A friendly Youkai essentially. Or 'Demon' I guess. But Demon doesn't really work either. Youkai isn't English, so it's not an accurate translation. Just think of it as Encompassing pretty much anything supernatural, from Ghosts, Fairies and the more Humanesque races, to Goblins, Orcs, and anything in-between. Shar herself... Well there isn't really a translation into English. The closest thing would be a 'non-evil demon' I guess, but she isn't actually a part of the demon race."

Tanaka glances towards Shar, who is now napping on his left leg after eating part of a donut. While his explanation was lacking, it should be good enough for now. Having learned both English, and a good chunk of Japanese growing up, he realized more than most that Japanese rarely translated well into English. A lot of Japanese words had deeper "meanings" that you'd have to grow up with to truly understand. Tanaka yawned, but didn't seem to realize it. He kept watching Shar nap, a smile forming as he reminisced.

Marnie:

Marnie shrugged in response about the trigger and just grunted, "Maybe if I do more with my life than just make coffee..." Marnie stretched and yawned herself a little glancing at the clock before plodding off in the direction of her bed room returning with a blanket and a pillow before setting them on the table.
She smiled with an expression mixed with emotion and sorrow and took a glance at Shar, "So you two have always and should always be together?" She placed a hand on top of the blankets and pillows before rubbing her eyes with the other hand. "I'm afraid I don't know much about fairies in general I don't think I have the correct tome lying about her it's probably back with the coven and obviously you being a half fairy I'm sure that sets you apart slightly."
Marnie started to clear up the doughnuts and coffee cup, not in a rushed manner but in a way that she was caring and taking care to attend to the comforts of her guests attentively but she couldn't help but give another yawn, covering her mouth with a sleeve covered fist and giggling slightly,
"You two can stay here tonight, You're absolutely knackered and it'd be rude to send you out again. In fact the beds through the door, " She motioned down towards a bedroom door and then pointed to one next to it, "and that one's the bathroom. It's not much but it's mine." She pulled her phone out and read a text from Ava reading
"You can thank me later :)" Shoving the phone in her pocket along with her hands she rocked backwards and forwards on the balls of her feet and flushed a little she said,
"Also, Merry Christmas..." she'd noticed when she'd checked the clock they'd managed to talk past into the early hours of the morning but she hadn't felt the time fly. In fact she'd felt safe, just like she had with the Lich.

Astrylan Astrylan

Last edited:
Tanaka | Sharounna

Tanaka poked Sharrounna so she would move off his leg and then grabbed the blanket and pillow from Marnie. He didn't notice the confused expression she had when he proceeded to lie down on the couch and promptly pass out. Tanaka was more exhausted than he was letting on when he was talking with Marnie. He was actually quite busy lately, dealing with ghosts, work, and the recent rescue mission of a certain hardheaded witch. After about 5 seconds, he was fast asleep, Shar floating over to his shoulder and nestling there on the pillow.

As Tanaka slept, he woke up once and took his shirt off while still half-asleep. He kept his room pretty cold when he slept, for all his complaints while awake, so he was sweating and wasn't able to sleep well once some of his earlier exhaustion had dissipated.
He was in the middle of a pretty normal dream, until he started hearing a weird knocking sound from all around him. Waking up, he realized someone was at the door. He got up, still half asleep, and answered it, only to see Avalyn, who had look of shock on her face. He hadn't put his shirt on before opening the door, because he had forgotten he wasn't at his own apartment.

"Avalyn? What did you come all the way to my apartment this early for?" "Eh?" His apartment??? D-does that mean...? Avalyn's face immediately turned red... She completely missed the "come all the way to" part of his question, which could have made the situation a whole lot different from the current one.

Interaction: DarkRumours DarkRumours

Marnie:
Marnie sighed as she watched Tanaka get comfortable and quietly turned out all the lights before going into her room and pulling the door to.
As she got changed for bed she contemplated the days events and turned off her light getting comfortable. Enjoying the warmth not just of the apartment but also of the thick duvet she had. She fell into a deep sleep, realtively untroubled by anything.

At somepoint she started to register a knocking noise and groaned shoving her pillow over her head and sliding onto the floor.
As she sat there for a few minutes Avalyn stood in the doorway her face still burning red hot before muttering throught gritted teeth, "I said rescue... not... not." Her eyes widened further as she watched Marnie stumble out of her room with touseled hair in an oversized shirt with one sleeve off the shoulder.
Rubbing her eyes, her cheeks rosy from waking up Marnie let out a little yawn "Ava? You won't belive the night I had it was wild..." It was quite clear Marnie wasn't overly awake and Avalyn looked at Tanaka with a raised eyebrow and a slightly unimpressed look curving onto her lips,
"Oh. I bet it was."
Marnie couldn't work out several things right now. Why was Ava being short with her? Also why... why was there a shirtless...
"Urm." She forgot about the Tanaka in her apartment,
"This... this isn't what... I didn't mean wild. Nope... definitely..." as she started to wiggle her arms into her coat she fell over a little and steadied herself on the door. "Let me run and grab some breakfast." She started nodding like a bobble head absolutely mortified and grabbed her purse off the side.
"You... you two sit... chat...catch up okay?" She ran past Avalyn.
Still stunned Avalyn stood infront of Tanaka expectantly awaiting some form of explaination. "You going to invite me in?"

Astrylan Astrylan

Tanaka | Sharounna

Tanaka was taking another second to wake up, just as a draft of cold air hit him from outside. Immediately awake from that, he realized what all this looked like, and went beet red. "Uuh, yea, come in?" Tanaka turned around and went to the couch to grab his shirt before moving the pillow and blanket and sitting down. Avalyn followed after, closing the door first. "So, care to explain?" Tanaka sighs and starts explaining. "First of all, nothing happened. Second, I was still half asleep when I opened the door." He then explained that he had only taken his shirt off in the middle of the night because Marnie kept her apartment way warmer than his at night. "Besides, I slept on the couch. She slept in her bed, and I fell asleep not 2 seconds after laying down. After rescuing her I was exhausted from cleaning up ghosts all day and working on manga my mom had sent over." He glanced at Avalyn, and hoped she believed him. He was dead if she didn't...

Avalyn, wasn't really convinced, however she also knew Marnie wasn't exactly the sharpest tool in the box. She'd probably forgotten she had let Tanaka sleep here... "Fine, I'll believe you this time... But if it happens again, you'll get no mercy from me, understand?" Tanaka just nodded, relieved he wasn't going to show up at his moms house for a visit today as a dead body. He chatted with Avalyn while they waited for Marnie to get back with breakfast.

Marnie:

Marnie on her hunt for bagels and doughnuts very quickly remembered it was December. It had been snowing and by the time she got back to the apartment she was shivering, her skin had paled and her nose looked like Rudolph which unfortunately made Avalyn snort with laughter before trying to put her disapproving look back on her face unsuccessfully while Marnie started to ramble,
"Nothing happened..." Marnie would of flushed even harder if it was possible and was still shaking as Avalyn took the food out of her hands and placed it on the table before muttering an incantation and stroking Marnies cheek a little hushing her through tiny snorts of laughter,
"It's none of my business" Marnie glazed over a little and her teeth stopped chattering, looking at Avalyn she smiled and nodded.
"Thanks! Anyway I have to find my Lich friend today." Marnie wandered into the bedroom and without touching it the door shut "Thanks Ava!" She shouted through the door but Avalyn paled, "I didn't..." she sat down next to Tanaka and looked at him. "Did..." she shook her head and tossed him a doughnut out of the bag.

"That's cute she remembers your order. She must of run into work to grab this which means she didn't shop from groceries again." She took a bite out of a bagel and smiled a little
"Thankyou by the way," she delicately wiped her mouth "It must have been quite troublesome, she's like that troublesome," Avalyn reverted back to silence until Marnie reappeared in a pair of jeans and a rather hideous Christmas jumper that made her face light up with a smile.
"What's that? Trouble me?" Marnie batted her eyelids at Ava, "Never." She grinned and started to fumble around in the kitchen a bit, several crashes and thuds filling the apartment. Avalyn rolled her eyes, "No so vengeance demon Klaus was?" Marnie turned round and dropped her spoon on the floor, "A friend? No... Okay, he was clearly a vengeance demon, broke my coffee table in the scuffle and that was a good coffee table." Avalyn nodded like she completely understood,
"Mhmm, luckily I was in the area that time and not 12 hours drive away collecting Valerian Roots." Avalyn fell silent again and brushed her hair out of her face glancing over at Tanaka a few times, "How's Shar by the way?" but before Avalyn could continue Marnie burst back in somehow with a fresh burn on her arm but it didn't seem to be bothering her,

"Anyway! I can't send Tanaka and Shar off without some coffee, you must have a busy day a head! If you ever get in trouble you can come here." She returned with four coffees in hand forgetting that Shar is as small as she is. "I leave the door unlocked so you can all just walk in and out and in and..." she set the coffees down each in a take away cup Tanakas name the only one she struggled with so she'd crossed his name out several times before she settled on just a giant "T". Avalyn picked up her cup and nodded to Marnie "Well at least you're all safe," She gave Tanaka a quick one armed hug and when standing up engolfed her best friend with both arms and laughed, "Any funny business from this one or that Lich just let me know... they'll wish they'd never drawn breath." As she walked out Marnie yelled, "So I can go on an awesome adventure with the Lich right?!" Avalyn laughed and waved her off, "If you survive that you might as well deal with Tanaka's beast hunt too, you owe him a debt anyway."
Marnie nodded and turned to Tanaka again, "I did not expect her, I mean really! Although honestly... I probably should of." She looked at her feet and held her hand out, "Anyway lets get this done so we can move on...
I, Marissa Evelyn Deathblossom officially recognise the debt owed to Tanaka for saving a witches life."
She looked at him with a moody look, the one she has when she had to indulge in formalities but she also knew that this same formality would of been extended when Tanaka saved Avalyn's life. It solidified the debt between a witch and one other making it a binding "IOU". She grabbed her keys off the coffee table and a rucksack from the corner by the door before shoving her feet in a pair of ratty boots, her mind whirring for what was to come next.

Interactions: Astrylan Astrylan
Mentions: Huntertabbysandshark3 Huntertabbysandshark3

Tanaka | Sharounna

Watching the two girls, it was obvious they were close friends. Tanaka hadn't noticed Avalyn's distress over the door closing on it's own, as he was busy poking Shar to wake her up, and had only heard Marnie thank her. After taking a bite of a donut himeslf, he saw Marnie return wearing one of those Ugly sweaters, and barely managed to not choke on his donut. Luckily Marnie didn't notice him holding back his laughter, or he would probably have gotten the coffee she brought afterwards thrown at him. Shar was busy enjoying a small piece of a donut and was mostly ignoring everything...

Avalyn hugged Tanaka with one arm before standing up and giving Marnie a full hug. He smiled ruefully at her 'funny business' comment but just kept his down and took a sip of coffee. He knew better than to comment back... Tanaka wasn't great at dealing with women for the most part, especially ones this cute... It's why he had been so quiet since Avalyn got here. After she left, he relaxed a tad bit, but only a tad, there was still one cute girl left after all.

After Marnie finished the formality that is essentially just an IOU, albeit slightly more serious, he got up and joined her in putting on his coat and boots before deciding on something.

"You don't mind if I tag along with you to see this Lich do you? I've got nothing better to do, and he might be able to help me with my own... problem. Ah, by the way, if you stay close to me, Shar's going to keep it a bit warmer around me. She hates the cold so she always oozes out an aura of warmth around herself and me when it gets chilly." "Mrr... Naka? Are we leaving?" Shar wakes up from the nap she was having on his head when Tanaka said her name. After a few seconds anyone near Tanaka would notice the air was quite a bit warmer. Though one would still need a coat, it took the chill off from the wind and snow. Now, an area around Tanaka was essentially closer to late fall in NY, rather than mid-winter. "Yes, we're leaving Shar. You know if you would sleep in my coat, you wouldn't have to emit this aura all the time right?" Unbeknownst to Tanaka, Shar blushes before answering, turning head away from Marnie, hoping she didn't notice. "I-it gets too hot when I do that..." "Really... You'd think a fire based familiar would enjoy the heat from that..." Tanaka shakes his head, entirely oblivious. "Well Marnie, you have any idea where that Lich lives? Or did you not get his address because you planned on inviting me home to get mine instead?" Tanaka smirks and waggles his brows at Marnie. After getting the reaction he wanted, he laughed and stepped out the door, holding it open for her with a friendly smile.

Mentions: (Better be ready mister Orcy) Huntertabbysandshark3 Huntertabbysandshark3

Not a moments of hesitation Shaun turned and ordered that a message was sent to handle the whole not going to work situation. Once that was settled he lead the way to the cafeteria and ordered two coffees then sat down at a table. He didn't love coffee like most but it just seemed natural to get one for himself. He wasn't really sure what he was doing now that they were there since this totally caught him off guard. Normally most supernaturals stay out of the places that he controls. The pure fact that someone was here without him knowing for how long was a very concerning thing. Yeah he didn't come by work often but he did like to make sure nothing crazy happened at the places he was watching. He was just gonna get down to figuring who she was and see if she was a potential danger.

"Ok , look I'm sorry that I was a bit harsh earlier," he finally said. "I just had a bunch of cultist types trying to summon a demon on my turf and wasn't expecting to find someone like you at my job. Honestly your mere presence here tells me that I haven't been paying close enough attention lately and might need to up the security around here." At this point he started to look around the room wondering if anyone else might be hiding in plain sight. He didn't want to somehow show up to work on day and find that he was out of a job. "I'll be honest with you since you don't seem like the clever type. Just tell me who you and what you are and why you are here.... Also how long you've been working here because no way you've been hear that long when I can feel the power on you like the heat coming off a torch."

queanbean queanbean

Last edited:
1593761102215.png

Kelthas
interaction: (open :) )
A little ways out from the main city was a old mansion though it could be considered almost a castle in its design, was the home of kelthas, the building itself was heritage listed so there was no real way to get rid of it, regardless people found it a interesting talking point every once and a while.

Kel himself had been spending the rest of the day pouring over old books and maps though he'd already forgotten half of why he was doing this... but the talk with that young witch Kel remembered though, that was a good thing. Currently Kel had "fallen asleep" on a chair in the front room of his of his house... though sleep wasn't really true either.

Marnie:

Marnie still bustling about brushed agaisnt Tanaka a couple of times in the hallway as she squeezed past to pick her coffee up and taking a large swig of it, a small contented noise left her lips as she felt the embrace of the warm liquid working it's way into her blood stream. "Mmm? Oh... of course you guys can come with me..."

At the point Tanaka asked her about the whereabouts of the Lich she blushed furiously and tried to hide her face, "I didn't... plan on... how would I even have known..." as she fumbled with her words she realised he was teasing her and grunted "Seriously? Too soon. Too soon." She rolled her eyes at him and deliberately placed her hand over the one holding the door open for her as she walked through allowing it to linger there a second too long,
"I mean obviously it's only fair now that you've seen my place that I'd stay at yours."
she smirked but couldn't maintain it very long before laughing and shrugging it off, "In all honesty I gave him my phone number and address but didn't think to ask his. I don't know where he lives but if his car is anything to go by I'd say somewhere old. Very old and expensive."
She locked the apartment behind her and checked the lock once or twice. She only locked it when she wasn't there, but if anyone inspected the lock closely it had seen better days and had obviously been kicked in a couple of times.

Marnie started to trundle down the stairs humming "deck the halls" under her breath before she looked over her shoulder and smiled at Shar and then her eyes met Tanaka's,
"If she slept in your coat all the time she'd miss all the fun... so don't be so harsh, it's not like anyone can see her." Marnie forever the unobservant hadn't noticed anything of Shars behaviour.

Once on the street Marnie stood looking around and pulled her hood up, she shivered slightly and took a step closer to Tanaka before looking deflated, "Would the old mansion a little way out be too cliche?"

Interactions: Astrylan Astrylan
Mentions: Huntertabbysandshark3 Huntertabbysandshark3

Last edited:
HcPrGSR.png

The girl was about to ask just exactly what sort of interrogation this was going to be when the strange man across from her opened his mouth. He seemed agitated, though it was only partly due to her presence. Up the security... fancy meetings... mind-controlling bosses... she had pretty much summed up that this guy was a higher-up at the company, though she definitely hadn't ever met him before. And yet he was bold enough to assume [/i]she[/i] shouldn't have been there. Typical. Elika tried not to get too up in arms and silenced a complaint with a slow sip of coffee.

"You don't seem like the clever type..."

The demoness almost snorted into her cup. Alright. This guy was barking up the wrong tree if he thought she was going to simply comply with his snide comments. Heat bubbled up inside her and her grip tightened slightly around her mug.

"Who am I? What am I? I'm sorry, I really have no clue what you're talking about since I'm not a clever type." She practically spat, flames licking at her lips as she made eye contact with him. Boss or not, he was getting on her nerves. "I'm just a measly worker bee." It was as if her words stung. There was obvious annoyance in her voice. She really couldn't stand men like him.

"Now if you'll excuse me, I don't have to explain myself to anyone, especially not someone who cheats his way through life." She huffed and stood up abruptly, swiping her coffee off the table. "Unlike you I have actual work to do." She collected her things and turned away, then glanced over her shoulder with brows furrowed. "And the coffee here isn't even close to a replacement."

Shaun just smiled at the display before him because it had been a while since someone was so uncooperative. Now it went against his personal code to just kill someone without a reason other than them doing something that world put people in danger. Instead he thought fast and realized that something more simple and well within his power was much more fun. She seemed to care a lot about having her job so it would be so terrible if she just happened to become unemployed.

"Oh well I guess if you won't answer my questions when I'm trying to play nice I have no choice," he said standing up to walk past her. "I guess I'll be expecting you to empty your work space by the end of the day. I can't have someone working here who is an unknown variable and is not under my control." Shaun was dead serious with his speech which one could easily tell from how calm he sounded. He turned to one of the other employees who was under his control. "Please bring the blue forms to my office so I can personally have her removed the company today." Without a word they just nodded to him and went off to perform the task he "asked" to perform.

"If you have anything left to say before you say goodbye to working here I'm all ears."

queanbean queanbean

HcPrGSR.png

A chill ran down her spine the moment she turned away from him. Yes, he was a jerk. However, he was a magical jerk. When he demonstrated the strings he had connecting this whole building to his will she realized she really didn't have a choice - not until she could find a new job after all... which was going to be so horribly difficult it hurt just thinking about it.

"You can't-!" She sputtered, looking up at him with wide eyes before biting her lip. He could. And it looked like he was enjoying ripping apart her fragile world. Elika groaned and fidgeted and glared daggers into him, then turned around and promptly sat down at the table again. She was practically shaking with anger, but the glow in her eyes explained it better. The literally fuming demoness tapped the table across from her as if signalling him to sit.

"Fine." She hissed. "First of all, you're sick. My name is Elika. I am a demon - well, half-demon. I'm just trying to make a living! And I've been here for around... 4 months? Happy?" There was a flash of nervousness in her mannerisms. "You don't have to... kick me out."

Feeling satisfied with the results of his little threat he was left with figuring out what to do about Elika. Based on her information someone royally fucked up long before he started fighting demons. Granted his methods may had been mean but even he is not some kind of jerk to mention that out loud. There was a 50/50 chance that letting her stay around could be a problem but on the other hand letting go off might be a bigger problem. In the end he had no choice in the matter himself if he wanted to be sure.

"Belay that order that won't be necessary instead please get me the green forms used to get someone a raise." Shaun wasn't stupid enough to think she would stay without some kind of compensation for any stress he might of put her under. Besides he literally had access to everything the company had and no one would question him about a random employee of only 4 months getting a raise. Honestly he wished he didn't have to go that far now that he got what he wanted but people tend to think they can say whatever they want without expecting retaliation. He has dealt with this long before he had power and tried his best to not anger any supernaturals that he is sure he can't take. All he wanted was answers but instead got lip so he was forced to grease the wheels a bit (a lot) to get what he wanted.

"Ok now that is dealt with I need you to follow me to my office so we can talk about how much vacation time the company can give you."

queanbean queanbean

HcPrGSR.png

What happened next was both confusing and horrifyingly beneficial to her future at the company. He obviously wanted to keep her around to make monitoring her actions easier. Of course she would still try to find a new job... although the chances of her finding something as good as her current position were very slim and she would have to start back at square one. Whatever. It was fine for now. As long as she didn't have to deal with that absolute jerk of a man often. By the time she left she was thoroughly puzzled. Why did he want to monitor her so closely? What was wrong with her working there - besides the obvious prejudice against demons - and why did he seem so concerned about keeping magic out of his turf? Regardless, she fell asleep later that night with a bit more money in her account than before, and as much vacation time as she could need.

A new morning meant a new set of problems, but at least it wasn't snowing. She grabbed her coffee at the usual spot - luckily significantly less populated by paranormal creatures this time - and made her way into the office, being sure to keep an eye out for any suddenly appearing men and a particular white-headed monster. No incidents so far.

"Lucky..." She hummed and plopped down at her cubicle to pleasantly sip her caffeine before getting started with her assignments for the day.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back