Take Back the Crown

And since Instagram was wigging out, I'll put the info about daemon Hierarchy down here. I'll actually also talk a little more about where they live, and their culture too while I'm at it.

@soundofmind

THE TERRAIN

The daemons live in Syrk, another plane of existence, very different from Algoran. What was once a flourishing world, is now a land filled with death and decay; a barren wasteland. Despite this, the daemon still live there, adapting and surviving to their surroundings. Perhaps it is because of their harsh lives, that they as a people are harsh in personality. Syrk is known for its barrenness, no trees or plants grow there (though some can be found climbing the walls of deep trenches and are abundant there).

The daemon get their food by these plants (that are very difficult to obtain) and the animals and bugs that still thrive despite the lack of food. The majority of the animals are carnivorous as they don't have access to plants, and cannibalism is practiced by all manner of animal since food is hard to come by. This adds to the danger of living there, as these animals will not hesitate to attack a daemon (even if they are in a group).

It's terrain is riddled with large towering canyons and earthy spikes that penetrate the surface. The horizon is alway casting a purplish hue, making the land seem dark even during the day. On top of this, the earth and the very air of Syrk are filled with dark energy, that they call the Daur, which was there long ago before the daemons arrived there. The Daur is sacred to them, which leads many to believe that the daemon developed their appearance and powers due to the constant exposure they had to this potent magic.

CULTURE

The daemon are actually very fashionable and have a love for beauty, despite how frightening some of their species can appear at times. They have a love for art, and their cities (which are always positioned by rivers or lakes) give the barren wastelands they live in a beauty it had not seen before. Their streets are filled with sculptures and art pieces, their clothes full of elaborate designs and color. They are also very fond of shiny things, and will usually adorn themselves in as much jewelry as they can carry.

The daemon do not believe in gods or a single God, but believe in the Daur. Any of their rituals or codes are based off of or directly involve this magic. Because of their fervent belief in the Daur, which is merely a branch from the tree of magics and life forces, the daemon hierarchy has lasted eons without being overthrown. This is because the people believe their rule is sovereign.

HIERARCHY

The land is ruled by one King (which can be male or female) and a council of earls, nobles that are charged with the keep of specific sub groups of their race while the King rules over them all as a whole. The Duravahn family, Kvacht's family, has been in power since the first age.

The daemon have experienced good and bad leaders, all of whom eventually passed away warring for their people. Kvacht is looked upon as a great King by the daemon of the current age, as everything he does is for them. He may have a putrid hatred for mankind, but he has passionate love for his own people.

HISTORY

Jor, the first king of Algoran, was faced with a major dilemma when the invaders beyond the sea attacked the free people. He mustered the strength of the six tribes, but it wasn't enough... So he sought aid from beyond the borders of this realm, reaching out with the help of magic, he managed to establish a connection between Algoran and Syrk. Kvacht, being the immortal being he is, was still alive at this time. Before there was bitterness against mankind, Kvacht befriended the king and agreed to help him fight against this imminent threat.

They fought side by side with each other, he even grieved Jor's death during the second to last battle against the invaders. He and his kind helped the free peoples of Algoran win the war and establish their place in the world, even partaking in the crowning of Jor's son which the land is named after.

No one is sure what happened, but soon after the crowning, Kvacht and all his soldiers suddenly departed from our world back to their home in Syrk. The connection was broken, and it was done without explanation. Many believed that he simply returned home after finishing what he had set out to do, but were proved wrong when he returned thousands of years later with an army, marching across Valor and attempting to break the royal line. And now the free peoples are suffering under his iron fist as he sits on a throne in the southwestern corner of Algoran.

So I made a list of traits that stick out the most to me for the group, about each character so far. I hope I got everyone???? Because when making lists it's easy to skip someone and not realize with all the people in this

Yaroslav seems so intimidating at first, all gruff and brooding. but he's really not like that at all towards his comrades and I love it.

Svetlana is so precious. I adore how compassionate she is towards everything. And she really is the mother figure. She steps in, but only if necessary.because sometimes she's just let them bicker and they get over it on their own.

Hjalmar is the misunderstood child and also a closet butter ball like yaro. He tries to be independent despite the fact he has failed to help himself, with only himself. And yet he still refuses help.

Lucasta has never been treated like royalty, so she can relate to her people more when she finally does rule. And I couldn't be more excited to see her grow into a strong, brave, and understanding ruler for the kingdom! Fighting for something more than just her title as well. Very admirable. 

Lucas hasn't had much development due to being switched around a bit it seems?? So I I don't have much to go on. But even he is admirable because he's still such a sweet child even though he also had the same bad cards dealt as his sister.

Lilith intrigues me. She puts herself at risk because of her attachments and unwillingness to let go. She definitely has some twisted emotions deep down there, and I can't begin to process how things will turn out for her??????

Valeiah tells ya how it is. And I relate to that greatly. Plus her sarcasm kills me. But there's been hints of things actually getting to her, but she just tries to shrug it off. She acts so tough. And I may have a crush on her????

Alo is so antagonizing towards his sister. I like him for similar reasons, but hers stand out more (no offense alo)

Oceana for being a salt tablet. But also because she has me hyped all the time with her struggle to accept things. And how she jumps to help everyone but then tries to deny her real reasons why. Yet she's also very connected to the world??

Bo is an awkward gentle giant. And he makes me giggle so much. He's so down to earth and has so much going for him. But he just keeps a humble smile and wants the others to do the same. And he's just such a great person in and out.

Phaedra has some inner struggles too, because of her conflicting natures. And it drives me crazy, in a good way. She's  also too cute, asking all her questions and such. And the fact she blushes purple is the most adorable thing ever for some reason????

Dorian, oh Dorian. His snark filled remarks and his nicknames... Also, he comes off like he doesn't want anybody to EVER know about him??? That he has constant shields revolving around any subject he finds too touchy. The mystery man will always be dear to me haha. (I blame too much James bond….And assassins creed honestly)

Garret. Another kind soul that I just wanna keep safe. Even though he's a warrior and obviously is capable of taking care of himself. He's proved to be very selfless in a few different situations, and that's something I will always look up to. Putting others before yourself.

Don't know much about Kacel'la yet! But she seems very optimistic. And I'm an  Optimistic person soooo. And her love of critters will likely be her downfall xD nah, but seriously her ability to connect must be outstanding!

Nameen is a class A lone wolf as well. But not by choice. She's so quiet and more of an introvert. But when she does speak up, it's so meaningful usually??? And she's so sincere towards others even though lots of people have done her wrong.

Thora is my other crush. She's like a very pretty flower to me. And she isn't even in full bloom. And she's overcome some of her own struggles so far as well! Which is always good! Because seeing as she's a flower, she does have her thorns. Not as delicate as she appears to be however!

Ayda came off as bashful to me when I first read some of the posts. But she stood up against hjalmar at that one town, and that had to take guts! (has she disappeared or??????) 

Also don't have much to go in for Hans so far. But as I mentioned, he seems like he has the type of personality one of my all time favorite anime characters has!!! Acts like the fool but really has a much higher understanding than anybody gives him  credit for.

Really I just enjoy everything about all the characters. And I can't wait to see more unfold about them. Just to have my heart ripped open when bad things happen to them. And bad things WILL happen. YOU KNOW WHO YOU ARE. AND YOU ARE CRUEL. MAKING  US LOVE THEM JUST SO YOU CAN TAKE THEM FROM US. SHAME. 

giphy.gif

@Lo Alyssa@Queen of Fantasy@Danika@OlKaJa77@soundofmind@TeeKay@Rydellius@L1d1ja@plasticlizard022@QueenSaiko

Last edited by a moderator:
So I made a list of traits that stick out the most to me for the group, about each character so far. I hope I got everyone???? Because when making lists it's easy to skip someone and not realize with all the people in this

Yaroslav seems so intimidating at first, all gruff and brooding. but he's really not like that at all towards his comrades and I love it.

Svetlana is so precious. I adore how compassionate she is towards everything. And she really is the mother figure. She steps in, but only if necessary.because sometimes she's just let them bicker and they get over it on their own.

Hjalmar is the misunderstood child and also a closet butter ball like yaro. He tries to be independent despite the fact he has failed to help himself, with only himself. And yet he still refuses help.

Lucasta has never been treated like royalty, so she can relate to her people more when she finally does rule. And I couldn't be more excited to see her grow into a strong, brave, and understanding ruler for the kingdom! Fighting for something more than just her title as well. Very admirable. 

Lucas hasn't had much development due to being switched around a bit it seems?? So I I don't have much to go on. But even he is admirable because he's still such a sweet child even though he also had the same bad cards dealt as his sister.

Lilith intrigues me. She puts herself at risk because of her attachments and unwillingness to let go. She definitely has some twisted emotions deep down there, and I can't begin to process how things will turn out for her??????

Valeiah tells ya how it is. And I relate to that greatly. Plus her sarcasm kills me. But there's been hints of things actually getting to her, but she just tries to shrug it off. She acts so tough. And I may have a crush on her????

Alo is so antagonizing towards his sister. I like him for similar reasons, but hers stand out more (no offense alo)

Oceana for being a salt tablet. But also because she has me hyped all the time with her struggle to accept things. And how she jumps to help everyone but then tries to deny her real reasons why. Yet she's also very connected to the world??

Bo is an awkward gentle giant. And he makes me giggle so much. He's so down to earth and has so much going for him. But he just keeps a humble smile and wants the others to do the same. And he's just such a great person in and out.

Phaedra has some inner struggles too, because of her conflicting natures. And it drives me crazy, in a good way. She's  also too cute, asking all her questions and such. And the fact she blushes purple is the most adorable thing ever for some reason????

Dorian, oh Dorian. His snark filled remarks and his nicknames... Also, he comes off like he doesn't want anybody to EVER know about him??? That he has constant shields revolving around any subject he finds too touchy. The mystery man will always be dear to me haha. (I blame too much James bond….And assassins creed honestly)

Garret. Another kind soul that I just wanna keep safe. Even though he's a warrior and obviously is capable of taking care of himself. He's proved to be very selfless in a few different situations, and that's something I will always look up to. Putting others before yourself.

Don't know much about Kacel'la yet! But she seems very optimistic. And I'm an  Optimistic person soooo. And her love of critters will likely be her downfall xD nah, but seriously her ability to connect must be outstanding!

Nameen is a class A lone wolf as well. But not by choice. She's so quiet and more of an introvert. But when she does speak up, it's so meaningful usually??? And she's so sincere towards others even though lots of people have done her wrong.

Thora is my other crush. She's like a very pretty flower to me. And she isn't even in full bloom. And she's overcome some of her own struggles so far as well! Which is always good! Because seeing as she's a flower, she does have her thorns. Not as delicate as she appears to be however!

Ayda came off as bashful to me when I first read some of the posts. But she stood up against hjalmar at that one town, and that had to take guts! (has she disappeared or??????) 

Also don't have much to go in for Hans so far. But as I mentioned, he seems like he has the type of personality one of my all time favorite anime characters has!!! Acts like the fool but really has a much higher understanding than anybody gives him  credit for.

Really I just enjoy everything about all the characters. And I can't wait to see more unfold about them. Just to have my heart ripped open when bad things happen to them. And bad things WILL happen. YOU KNOW WHO YOU ARE. AND YOU ARE CRUEL. MAKING  US LOVE THEM JUST SO YOU CAN TAKE THEM FROM US. SHAME. 

View attachment 151577

@Lo Alyssa@Queen of Fantasy@Danika@OlKaJa77@soundofmind@TeeKay@Rydellius@L1d1ja@plasticlizard022@QueenSaiko

Valeiah is my crush as well

View attachment 151577

I love to see that I managed to portray my characters just as intended.

Oceana is totally different than I pictured her at first but I love how she's turning out. I initially wanted her to be more like Nameen but grumpier. But I love how her temper and loud opinions keep people away too. She honestly went on the quest because it's her "destiny" to help the princess and die in the process. Not to make friends. But we'll see. She's complicated haha.

View attachment 151577

Yup, when Nameen talks it has to be pretty important to her hehe 

The only reason I can explain why Lucas doesnt have that large of a backstory, is because he wasn't my character in the first place. :)  But I'm hoping I can get some character development for him in there.

D'awwwww~ Yes. I think Phaedra is the ultimate cutie. She embarrasses far easily than I thought she ever would (among a few other details), but I'm pleased with how her character is chugging along.
I have to draw the little one blushing purple. :3
@GalacticRam

View attachment 151577

THIS IS ABSOLUTELY AMAZING I LOVE IT AAAAAA

I am also beyond excited to see the character development everyone will go through!!

And oh yes, I have a lot of pain and angst planned for the future //rubs hands maliciously

I thought I would come to this chat here and have to read though 74737294737839292947473 messages but it wasn't actually that many ahahahah phew

Hi everyone!  Just wanted to pop in and introduce myself... I'll be playing a somewhat kooky alchemist and scholar.  I'll probably be meeting the group on the road.

A few questions:  did I hear someone mention a pyramid and a sphinx?  I have read the last few pages...  I normally read every single post, both RP and OOC, but this one is... Uh... Really, really long...  Over 125 pages total, which, when printed in a book style and shape, would probably come out to around 300 pages (!)

Oh, right, pyramid and Sphinx...  depending on your interpretation of what a sphinx is, Nick might be just a tad excited about going to see one - apotropiac sphinxes, not so much, but riddler sphinxes?  Oh yeah.  Ancient beings of great power and knowledge...  He'd practically be vibrating with anticipation.

So, aheh...heh... I'm gonna need a crash course?  I know the main idea of the quest:  go around and find the chunks of the crown... But beyond the last few pages (including Yaro's tantrum) and the main introductory section... Yeah I'm pretty much clueless.

I also read up on the characters...  Unfortunately, due to the update, the early ones are gobbledegook, but I did my best.

I have constructed my character as a bit (OK, a lot) of a shut-in, which can explain his vague-at-best understanding of recent history and cultures and the news and whatnot.  He kind of missed the war.  I'm not sure how long ago the first war was (the one where the daemons and humans were allied against the people across the sea), so he might have been alive for that too.  If it was early in his original body's lifetime, he would have been an apprentice and not yet become a shut-in, so he might know a little more about that?

I saw someone (I think it was @Lo Alyssa) make a worldbuilding post about the Daemons...  Has that happened on other topics?  Because if I can just read through that stuff, that might make a good dent in my current state of abject ignorance.

Honestly it is very hard to jump in ;~; I joined after they had already started as well. And to be truthful again, just winging it and learning as you go has literally been a big part of this for me. So really you wouldn't have to know every single thing to still hop in. Or your oc could even ask some questions. There are plenty of other people who would answer them I'm sure! We have quite a few curious ones who will most likely end up asking him some questions haha

And I just wanna show some admiration about how you changed up your character! You did a fantastic job at blending sci-fi and fantasy together. Which I'm a huge fan of both. So hats off to you our new friend

@GlytchMeister

Thanks!

I've constructed him in a way so it makes sense for him to ask questions... He spent a few centuries pretty much locked away in his lab not paying attention to anything else, so he doesn't even know what year it is, let alone that there was a war recently.

"Daemons?  What about them?  Didn't they just up and disappear after the war?"

"Um.  No.  They invaded."

"Wait, they were our allies!  And I know they left!"

"They... Came back.  And invaded.  Didn't you notice?"

"Uh... When did that happen?"

"A few years ago..."

"Oh, that's probably why... I was trying to calculate the distance to the North Star...  Took me a while to figure out I had it right the whole time... You wouldn't believe how far away they are!"

(insert characters exchanging looks like "what is this guy been smoking?")

Users who are viewing this thread

Back