Take Back the Crown

@GlytchMeister I'm so sorry if it seems like our characters are bullies. Oceana is literally a pile of salt. And Valeiah is... Valeiah. Their  reactions were completely in line with their characters as far as I know and I'm sorry if it seemed otherwise. The same hostility  happened to a few of the other characters and things eventually smoothed out. I'm sorry if we offended but the characters are just being themselves. And I hope you stay in the RP to get to the actual fun bit with us. And feel free to chat with us here or on Instagram. 

@GlytchMeister yeah, sorry. Valeiah was reacting the same way she would to anyone, she's just kind of a snarky character (things about her have changed since the reference I had in there)

she'll get used to him eventually, but for now she might be a bit of a jerk which I apologize for :/

Yeah Foxrun wasn't part of the original cast either. He literally was faced with like 3 different people's blades right off the back. I actually think valeiah was one of then even??? And now they're buds sooo @GlytchMeister

It isn't anything to take personally. It's just what they do. Oceana actually tried to fight Foxrun in her anger at the time. She's very protective, maybe even a tad over protective. And her and my character have gotten into it countless times because they just don't see eye to eye. 

But I myself, love Oceana xD she is the salt queen.

It's just gonna take a little adjusting for the characters to warm up. They're all very different and handle things their own way. So as said, don't think it is us trying to exclude you or shove you away! 

(Why didn't I get notifications for this topic???  Argh!)

No, guys-'n'-gals, it's totally cool.  I get it.  Nick just doesn't.

A story without conflict... Isn't.  So yeah, it's all good.  Hakuna matata.

Nick is going to be a bit less willing to socialize with them, though, until he feels he won't have arrows in his face every time he tries to help.  He is just a tad miffed at the others, as you can imagine.

Firstly, we should totally use this out-of-character chat room more///

And secondly, I managed to stuff ALL of my sketches for this roleplay into one giant picture (took me forever to crop)

algoran_rp_sketchdump_by_allverlorien-daln00g.jpg

(pretty sure if you click it, it'll get bigger to view)

Just an fyi for anybody who doesn't know; top two comics are a joke since this roleplay has gotten pretty intense and definitely will in the future (we need the lightheartedness), the sketch to the left underneath is Oceana and Hjalmar (internal joke is that she's basically his mom now), then there are a couple Yaroslav sketches to the right of that, the horned guy is the daemon species our group encountered on their trip across the bay (through the storm), and the sketch next to it is Hjalmar trying to show off his "guns."All the horned humanoid people are daemons, Kvacht is on the upper right side, his daughter is to the left (right next to him, I haven't introduced her yet, but she'll probably be an antagonist at some point). the guy with the blue head wrap is Ashlar since I don't actually have a character sheet for him with a reference (but that's good because he's supposed to be mysterious and shady), and then we have yet ANOTHER Yaroslav sketch (but colored this time), another Yaroslav, two Hjalmar expression doodles, a happy Bo, a Yaroslav and Svetlana doodle in their youth, Yaroslav and Valeiah (I was drawing the part when he nicknamed her 'gremlin'), and lastly, another Hjalmar doodle.

I also wanted to include the full painting I used as a banner for the roleplay menu~

lord_kvacht_by_allverlorien-daljig0.jpg

AND, another drawing I did of the Sahrmen people; Ashlar (our current canyon guide), Eimher (Hjalmar's mom), Hjalmar, and Rolo (the dude that has been visiting Hjalmar, warning him about paying their employer).

sahrmen_people_by_allverlorien-dal2ybz.jpg

[SIZE=14.666666666666666px]And then there is this gem of the time I drew a storyboard and narrated the food fight scene like an annoying commercial guy;[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14.666666666666666px]OKAY I THINK I PUT ALL THE ARTS DOWN, just wanted it all in oNE POST[/SIZE]

@Queen of Fantasy @GalacticRam @GlytchMeister @OlKaJa77 @Tater @TeeKay @soundofmind @Rydellius @Danika @L1d1ja (I think I have everybody?? Hopefully I didn't miss anyONE)

Seeing it all together is nice actually!!!

And yes it gets way bigger. And the quality on here is better than on ig so this actually helps with sharing our art for it haha 

Yeah we're pretty active outside of the rp thread as well actually! We stopped using this ooc chat when the website was down for a while and we've been chatting elsewhere. But that wouldn't include you, and as you can see, we like to include each other!

Beware, there are a lot of puns that go on out of the rp... Lots.

^^^ hear, hear. @GalacticRam

also, I'd be okay with drawing Nick. I got his description, but what kind of hair style does he have? It's length and such? (Maybe you could find a photo of the hairstyle you have in mind?) @GlytchMeister

Last edited by a moderator:
6'3" and 190 lbs.  Very fit due to frequently having to either fight or run away from his experiments as well as having to fend off bandits and other unsavory people and creatures.  Dark brown hair and eyes, both with a slight golden and copper iridescence.  Very tanned skin.  Grecian nose and pointed chin.  Clean-shaven.

He cuts his hair to about 1 inch, and lets it grow to about 3 inches - he just takes scissors or a knife and cuts it.  It's haphazard and uneven, and he doesn't do anything to it as far as straightening it out.  He just cuts it to get it out of his face and washes it so it doesn't stink.

As far as facial hair, he doesn't grow much - after a LONG time of not shaving, he'll have a bit of a goatee.

More pointed jaw (as opposed to a strong, square jaw)

caucasian facial structure, his skin is just very tan due to a mishap involving an experimental anti-vampire light bomb.

@Lo Alyssa  I am, unfortunately, absolutely rubbish at finding pictures of what I'm imagining in my head.  I don't know why.  I've only ever managed to find one good faceclaim, and that was for an old resistance soldier in a PM RP... And that was by accident.

I hope my description does enough.

One thing you can do is just put him in his hood and goggles.  He's usually wearing his hooded cloak.  Partly because it's made of several layers of different alchemically-enhanced spider silks, so it's his main armor.

Here are some ideas for his goggles:

Goggles Concept 1

Goggles Concept 2

Some sort of combination of these two would be perfect - GC1 looks too modern and the left portion isn't self-contained at all - they'd break in a heartbeat.  However, GC2 is WAY to compact to be realistic, given what Nick's goggles can do.

Basically, what I'm imagining is a pair of goggles that have a bunch of little dials, cogs, wheels and levers mounted on the outside that control the lenses and mechanisms on the inside of a protective casing.  They would stick out plenty - maybe two or three inches, so the leather straps holding them in place would need to be fairly sturdy... At least one going up and over the top of Nick's head to keep them from drooping.

Most of the external metal components would be brass.

Depending on what setting they're in, the lenses can appear just about any color, or they can magnify his eyes to the point where he looks like an extremely surprised owl.

Let's see here... His cheekbones are not very prominent - he kinda has a baby face, really.  Especially considering his current body is only around 20 years old.  He hasn't really started to get the wrinkles and whatnot.

He's lean and fit, but not bulky at all - he doesn't exactly lift weights, y'know?  He does, however, do a lot of cardio - for one, his tower doesn't have an elevator, and it is rather tall...  And he spends a lot of time running from experiments gone awry...  He tends to skip safety in favor of speed of learning - so he gets a lot done and makes a lot of progress in his pursuits, but at the risk of things blowing up... or becoming a mockery of nature and life and immediately trying to eat him... Or failing to properly teleport and creating paradoxical recursive spacetime loops... Or being unexpectedly and spectacularly corrosive...

While he is plying his trade, as it were, he tends to get a somewhat goofy grin.  This grin turns gradually more disturbing and frightening the more he imagines the various ways something could be applied in a combat situation.  The first time he managed to isolate the element Fluorine, for example, was the first time he did the "MUAHAHAHA" mad scientists are so (in)famous for.

He then promptly tried combining it with oxygen just to see what would happen... The resulting explosion blew a hole in his tower and caused an avalanche a few mountains away.

Just wait until he finds a way to use magic to stabilize chemicals more efficiently than using a freezing gramyre - the moment someone lets him know how to pause entropy, he is gonna have so much fun...

I will definitely try drawing him later then!! (Kind of excited for it noW)

I will probably have no time to draw tomorrow though because our basement flooded (fun times amiright). But we'll see! @GlytchMeister

Since people are posting pics of art and stuff, I thought I'd put all of my rp-related things here!

bo n aggie friends.jpg

braids.jpg

chibi ex1.jpg

chibi ex2.jpg

chibi ex3.jpg

chibi ex4.jpg

kvacht.png

muscles.jpg

oopsie.jpg

phaedra n bo.jpg

scars-higherres.jpg

ALSO I eventually want to make a quiz similar to this one (with my own ocs for a diff story - Bo's in there though) but as a "Which Algoran RP Character are You?" sort of thing. It may be a while until I'm able to do it though because right now the ports to my laptop don't work, so I can't plug in my tablet, which means I can't do digital art rn. :/

When I get to be able to work on it, I'll probably send you all a list of questions that you guys can give 1-4 word answers to (Depending on the question) and I'll try to put it together.

Anywho,, that's all I was gonna say I think.

PeaCE ya'll

Users who are viewing this thread

Back