• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Multiple Settings Swig's partner search. Come on in, grab a cookie, and browse. (OPEN)

Sir Swigglesworth

I got two brain cells fighting for third place
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
Greetings! Grab a cookie, take a seat, and pick your poison. Hello and welcome to my returning attempt at a partner search thread after a prolonged absence here from RpNation. This is a total revival of my old one. Plots will be updated should I think of any others or decide to edit the ones currently present. I intend to only accept five partners, mainly for the sake of time and not spreading my interests too thin, having too many partners is just a hassle and ruins my motivation. I'm currently a full-time college student and won't have the entire day to sit down and make posts. In the least, I'll do my best to get a post out a day. If a few days pass and I'm absent, please, just send me a little reminder. Odds are that I haven't forgotten but I am just busy. If I do get overwhelmed and have to pull out from the RP, I will notify you and would like that to be reciprocated instead of being ghosted. I am in the EST time zone, but a lot of the time my sleep schedule is all sorts of fucky so you'll probably find me up late.

Below, you will find a little about me, what my partners can expect from me, and what I'd appreciate them to reciprocate. It's organized all nice and fancy for your convenience.

• Age is not the highest priority for my partners as long as they're 18+. That and maturity. Don't get me wrong, I can be a crackhead at times, but an adult acting like a child is irritating so maturity is also a thing I look for in partners.

If you wish to contact me, I'd prefer PM's but I'll accept notifications here. A simple, "I'm interested," won't do. If you're interested and wish to notify me here, tell me what caught your interest and what you'd like to do with it.

Now that you've read up and know what to expect from me and what I expect from you, I'd like you to tell me what your favorite sort of pastry is when you decide to hit me with that PM. Consider it a sorting method. If you don't message me with such, I won't respond to you.

Plots can be found below.

Currently taken RP's include: "Alpha Red", "En Elite's Embrace"

Remaining slots: 3

Legend:

Preferred muses will be bolded
Desired plots will be marked with -> * (Three is the most desired)

Sci-fi

Pairings: MxM, MxF (No romance)
Character options
: Human only

Muse A and Muse B are both soldiers of an interplanetary fighting force known as the G.I.W. Their specialties lay in reconnaissance, search&rescue, and biohazard operations. When they are assigned to a recon team of four operatives for an operation on the frigid mining planet Travar 12, they are dreadfully unaware of what lays in wait for them. Their operation is labeled as a recon op, but with Search&Rescue sub-commands. Their mission is to investigate Travar's only mining outpost, Omega-1, and determine the cause of what had made the planet go dark. Upon deployment on the planet's surface, the recon team is met with a blistering arctic storm as they push their way towards the outpost. What they would soon discover to be the cause was nothing they could have anticipated. In the mere span of hours, Muse A and Muse B would be the only remaining members of the recon team. Communication systems have gone dark, their dropship pilot is non-responsive, and they have no way of reaching orbital command to warn them of what is happening. Their mission is FUBAR, now a fight for survival rather than a recon operation. Will they manage an escape to tell their tales of terror, or succumb to what rests beneath the frozen crusts of Travar 12?

Information: Omega-1, the only established G.I.W mining outpost on Travar-12. Initially established as an experiment of sustainability aboard this arctic planet, Omega-1 proved to be a success. Its size grew massively after approval of high command to turn the outpost into a full-fledged mining operation. At its current size, Omega-1 takes up a 2 square mile area on the surface and harbored a substantial population of 20,000 with an additional 2,000 living beneath the planet's crust within the mines. A very advanced and rugged facility under command of an automated AI system known as Norus and protected by 1,000 security personnel.

Travan parasite: An unknown parasitic organism that rested in a state of dormancy within Travar 12's crust. G.I.W mining operations stirred the depths at which the organism had rested within oil pockets from the planet's ancient fossilized organisms. As a species, the Travan parasite requires direct contact to invade its host, often gaining access through orifices such as the mouth, and eyes. Or, in a best-case scenario, via one's bloodstream. Once inside their host, the parasite will go under a 48 hour period of dormancy before beginning its processes within the body. First destroying the immune system, the parasite will travel into the brain and begin taking control at a rapid pace. Within 24 hours, the host will be under parasitic control in which they will seek out a dark and hidden location. It is in this hidden location that the parasite taps into the body's hormonal systems and begins encouraging the major activity of osteoplasts and growth hormones. With a week's time, the host will have been converted from something once reminiscent of their original species to something the parasite deems fit for inhabitation.

Weaponry, equipment, and armor for the RP will be provided by me in PM's

Pairings: MxF, FxF, MxM (Romantic potential, in which case MxM is eliminated)
Character Options
: Human, Alien, Cyborg, Android (Non-human "species" have free creative reign for character creation, but nothing OP. That much should be obvious)

Muse A is a specialized operations unit of the interplanetary corporation known as the G.I.W. Their specialized training focuses largely on covert warfare, things such as espionage, sabotage, infiltration, and reconnaissance. These operatives are often trained alongside one other operative to form a strong bond and friendship between the two to ensure they perform optimally within the presence of each other. In the case of a partnership being disrupted by the death of one operative, pairings are made after meticulous personality and mental screenings to ensure the best matches. Muse A is just returning from leave when they receive the order to report to the regional commanding officer of his unit. It is there, they receive word of their new partner, muse B. Muse B, is a new addition to the unit, only months out of training who was left partnerless after an op gone wrong. (In the case of an android partner, they will be provided to Muse A by the G.I.W and will have undergone a personality code programming to best suit them.) It is then, after their introductions that the two undergo a mandatory month-long training simulation to determine the effectiveness of their pairing. After such, the two are sent on their first mission, autonomy granted.

Information: The unit from which both muses are part of, is known among the G.I.W forces as the "Phantom Unit". A unit specializing in covert activity and guerilla warfare and known to cause mass havoc beneath enemy lines. Their work includes tracking down high priority targets, shutting down rebellions, recon ops, gaining information on hostile forces or other rival corporations, assassinations, sabotage behind enemy lines, and more. They are the ghosts of the G.I.W's forces, with the capacity to work autonomously for months away from command's reach.

Weaponry, equipment, and armor will be provided by me. Choices available

Pairings: MxF, FxF, and MxM (Romantic potential, in which case MxM is eliminated)
Character options:
Human, Cyborg, Android
Truth be told, I don't actually have a set of information all crafted up for this one. I want this one to be an interesting sort of world-building roleplay between me and my partner. It's set in a soft-cyberpunk dystopian world.

Modern
Pairings: MxF, FxF, and MxM (No romance)
Character options
: Human, Monster

Muse A is one of several military contractors hired as a security enforcer for a scientific company known as XenoCorps, a new competitor in the market for medicinal research. Their job there at the facility is rather simple as long as they follow the terms of their contract. A contract that required them to swear to privacy, and should they break that privacy then they were subject to legal punishment. At least, that's what they were told, whereas the truth held something much darker. Overall, it was coined as an easy job. Patrol the security, keep the perimeter secure, that sort of business. If one gained proper clearance, they were introduced to the facilities lower levels where the experiments went on. It was down there that few had access to, but all who did seemed disturbed. Not all security personnel were aware of what went on in this facility, so when an alarm began blaring with the protocol code "Alpha Red", many were confused. Muse A, was one of the few who truly knew what was happening. Part of their job was to preserve Xenocorps secrets, but with a lethal and deadly creature now roaming the facility, how were they to cover that one up?

Option one: Muse B is a scientist or fellow security officer working within the XenoCorps facility. It is up to both Muse A and B to put an end to this threat, ensuring it does not escape the facility.
Option two: Muse B is one of the experiments, a humanoid creature capable of sentient thought and emotion that managed to escape its confines and is now on a vengeful rampage throughout the facility before it gets killed, or saved. Who knows?

Pairings: MxM, MxF, and MxM (Romantic Potential in which case MxM is eliminated)
Character options:
Human and vampire

Brentwood, a small, quiet city in the U.S North East. This city boasts beautiful scenery, a multitude of tourist attractions, friendly people, and superb architecture. There exists a folktale around Brentwood. Tales of a beast that stalks the forests surrounding the city. Locals tell of a creature shrouded in darkness, one that preys on animals and hunters alike. Leaving their bodies drained of blood, lifeless where they once stood, chunks of flesh torn from their bodies. Recently, these tales have finally been given some visible truth. Something sinister has been plaguing the night-time streets of Brentwood. For the span of the last two months, there have been bodies consistently found amid the streets of this relatively peaceful city. All of them paled and drained of any detectable trace of blood. Forensic evidence is all but non-existent. There only exists patterns. Each victim, as mentioned earlier, possesses no trace of blood in their body, and boasts a large chunk of flesh torn from their neck. Victim patterns display a focus primarily on the homeless and more impoverished citizens, but there have been two tourist deaths amid the 14 victims so far. Many believe it to be the work of a serial killer trying to imitate the local legend. Skeptics believe the legend to be true. Muse A is a Brentwood P.D detective doing their damndest to gain any sort of ground on this case. Sleepless nights plague them, knowing that any night another victim could fall. Citizens of Brentwood are frightened. Muse B is a vampire responsible for these local legends. For 50 years they have lived in this city, concealing their identity and maintaining a popular restaurant under an illusion. For decades it's been their primary of acquiring blood to sustain their desires. On the occasions Muse B has yet been unable to satiate their bloodlust, they have turned to the wilderness. Hunting down animals. Rarely have they ever taken the life of a hunter unless their own security was at risk. Recently, however, Muse B has been unable to properly satiate their desires for reasons unknown. Their actions are not done of their own volition, each murder is performed with regret and remorse. Their control has swiftly been dwindling for reasons they are unable to decipher. As Muse A tries tirelessly to capture the monster of Brentwood, Muse B stalks, growing more infuriated and uncontrollable. Will Muse A be successful in their endeavors? And what would they do upon the discovery that Muse B is not even human? Act with a vengeance to put the beast in the ground, or take the risk and work to save the ailing Muse B?

Pairings: MxF, FxF, and MxM (Romance potential, in which case MxM is eliminated)
Character options
: Human, Monster

Muse A is a typical high-school student, good grades, a well off social life and a rather charismatic character known for their outgoing nature and helping others who need it. They've been living in their small mountain town since they were born and know the area like the back of their hand. Muse A loves to explore and does so frequently, which has gotten them in trouble or danger more than a few times. Muse B is the new kid whose family moved in only a month ago, shy, not quite talkative, and a bit reclusive. But then again, aren't lots of people like that when they first arrive at a new school? Muse B, unbeknownst to anyone including Muse A, harbors a secret that they wish to keep concealed. However, it is that very secret that will pull Muse A and B's lives together. For better or for worse, is yet to be known.

Pairing: MxF, FxF, MxM (Romance potential, in which case MxM is eliminated)
Character options
: Human only

In the early months of the year 2019, a dreadfully infectious strain of the flu began its course in eastern Europe. Within months, it was labeled as the second "Spanish Flu". Erratically spreading throughout the world at an alarming rate, carrying with it a horrific and deadly secret. A virophage had hosted itself within this flu virus to spread as far as possible as it was unable to on its own. Months passed as the flu virus spread throughout the world, causing airports to shut down, quarantine zones to be put in place, countries to isolate themselves until this pandemic had passed. Many wondered why vaccines hadn't worked, nor why normal methods that proved effective were all but fruitless. It was unbeknownst to humanity at the time, but this flu carried with it something that skated right around their medicines, their vaccines, their science. As the flu infected humanity, it's squatting resident took control. With sudden symptoms arising that weren't initially linked to the flu, it brought the attention of doctors and scientists seeking to put an end to it. As more fell victim to the flu, the virophage began its own course, killing the flu and taking the infected individual as its own. What was thought only something possible in the realm of fiction, suddenly presented itself to the real world as infected victims began cannibalizing others in fits of rage and aggression. Initially thought to be symptoms, the medical decree that surrounded the "flu" that panicked the world's populous was scrutinized and distrusted. Aggression, cannibalistic urges, bloodshot eyes, paling skin, those were among the so-called "symptoms" brought forth. As more individuals expired with this new threat in their bodies, they stood once more, a husk of what used to be considered a person. Governments and the medical field quickly attempted to falsify the claims that this infection was turning people into zombies, deeming it an aggressive acting biological hazard. Stating that the victims were not zombies, but merely under the influence, similar to rabies.

In medical labs, under the panicked eye of scientists around the world, this virophage was observed demonstrating astounding regenerative capabilities and genetic shuffling. Its genetic code mutated and shuffled rapidly both of its own volition and in response towards attempts to kill or disable it. Months passed as medical science failed to produce a vaccine or cure, the world continued collapsing with each failed experiment and attempt. Martial law was put in place, quarantine zones were operated with strict rules, riots and violence were constantly breaking out all as the infection ran its course. Upon classification, the infection was classified as a regenerative virophage and was named XC-01, xenomorphic contagion, being the first of its kind ever seen. What began as a simple epidemic caused by a common strain of the flu quickly turned into a global conquest with a scientific anomaly behind it.

Once inside an individual thanks to the flu host, the infection would begin its course. This flu strain was merely a means for the plague to establish itself before acting, lying dormant for months. When inside of a human body, XC-01 was able to maintain a stable condition, enough to support itself as long as it remained inside the body. Perishing rather quickly when exposed to an outside environment, the Dead Man’s Flu relies solely on its vectors to spread further. Infection can only occur by contact with bodily fluids into an open wound, or via the mouth and eyes; It quickly became apparent why infected individuals began acting with such aggression. By the end of 2019, the Dead Man’s Flu and myriads of its infected hosts roamed the world, on a destructive path to eliminate the rest of humanity. By 2022, governments around the world had nearly all but collapsed. Small pockets of government activity did still hold strong, as did a handful of government-operated zones; But as a whole were no longer able to maintain order. Humanity was left fending to their own devices, facing the newfound struggle for survival against both man and infected. By 2023 the world was nearly lost, but humanity held strong in their resolve and pockets of life remained throughout the world, the shattered remains of the U.S containing the largest survivor population from coast to coast. An estimated total of 4,834,000 individuals remained from the once large 330 million-strong population, less than two percent. The year is now 2024, closing in on 2025 in this chilled October month, You are a survivor living in the cold U.S North East.

Information: This is certainly a grittier take on an apocalyptic scenario. Nothing is all hunky dorie compared to the more tame apocalyptic scenes. I intend for this to be rough, I intend for it to show the less seen sense of despair and fear that apocalyptic fandom has grown away from. Inventory will need to be managed. Injuries taken will heal within a more realistic time period. If you'd like further info, ask me. Also, I might very well consider attempting to turn this into a large RP thread, not too sure.

Miscellaneous/Fandom
This is totally a halo fandom. I haven't been able to really think of an idea involving this one as far as a plot and setting would go. But I absolutely want an ODST to form a relationship with a Sangheili woman. I have a few ideas and missions planned as well, but damn my brain just couldn't think of a setting and plot.
GhostxHuman
MonsterxMonster
MonsterxHuman
AlienxColonist
ThiefxGuardsman
AssassinxVictim
CriminalxCriminal

Well folks, that's all for now. More is to come when I do some brainstorming. Grab a cookie on your way out.
Cookie.jpg

Last edited:
Alpha Red as the escaped creature is one of the things that I have been looking for lately~
Possibly including things like teaching the creature about the world at large? That could be fun.

Alpha Red as the escaped creature is one of the things that I have been looking for lately~
Possibly including things like teaching the creature about the world at large? That could be fun.
It's entirely plausible. I left this one a tad non-descript so it could lead towards something like that. Hit me with a PM and we can converse more there

Bump

Updates: Made some minor edits to "Humanities Final Stand" and "Crimson Trail." It was just adding some things and changing up some information.

Added a good portion of information about Humanities Final Stand in its google doc

Users who are viewing this thread

Back